Browse Certent Equity Management Reviews

Brian from Personal Capital

Great for Tracking Equity Compensation

Overall, I like Certent. It is a simple tool to help me keep track of my stock options.

Pros

Certent is great to help me understand my equity grants. It, very clearly, lists out my grants and any relevant information.

Cons

While the tool is very good, I wish it provided more aggregate information and analysis. Its great to look at one line item/one grant, it would like to see more data about the set as a whole.

Christopher from BioLife Solutions Inc

Industry: Biotechnology

Functional and Supported... but Expensive.

Pros

It does pretty much everything you could want an Equity Management platform to do. And the Support Team is always available and knowledgeable. There hasn't been an issue I couldn't get through with the support and product.

Cons

It is one of the most expensive in the industry. I have tried to justify the cost for a long time and wish they were more flexible on the pricing. It also has some less-than-intuitive menu schemes and data reports that feel would be an easy fix, but they aren't ever addressed.

Response from Certent

Replied September 2020

Hi Christopher, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to see that our support team has met your needs and would love to engage further on the topic of reporting.

Brooks from Procore Technologies

This may be the worst software I have used. Ever.

Awful. Just Awful.

Pros

Through many bugs and a painful login and re-authentication process every single time I access the platform, I have been able to exercise my options through Certent.

Cons

They take something that is already difficult for many people to understand and make it worse by having a terrible UI, and login and authentication process

Response from Certent

Replied September 2020

Hi Brooks, We appreciate your feedback and want to work with you to improve your experience. We will be in touch to discuss how we can simplify the UI and improve the authentication process.

Adam from Ensign Group

Solid stable platform

Pros

This platform is sufficiently robust for our uses. The administration and SAS access are easy to use. The financial reporting is good and gets us where we need to be come audit time. Integration with various brokers is helpful for tailoring uses for different company needs.

Cons

The software is missing some key features that will impact the future. There isn't any tax mobility calculation or support. That lags behind other platforms but I'm told it is in development. The integration with multiple brokers limits how fast they can develop new and important features.

Sandra from CSW Industrials, Inc.

Really good. I would absolutely recommend this software.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. I have used another system and the number of steps I had to take in the other software was substantially more than what the same action required in Certent. The reporting in Certent is easier. Literally, everything but dividends is easier in Certent.

Cons

The broker link with Merrill Lynch is not set up to accept Dividend / DEU accruals. Customer service is on West Coast, so hours can be a little tricky for East or Central time zone (but the help desk is good).

Reasons for Choosing Certent Equity Management

We needed a broker link and the other option had too many options - very mix and match. Certent's broker link was much simpler and straight-forward.

Response from Certent

Replied September 2020

Hi Sandra, We appreciate your feedback. We are excited to hear Certent has been able to streamline your work processes and would love to have a more in-depth conversation with you about Certent's processing of dividends.

Jack from Identiv

Certent

Pros

Customer support is always there. I feel like I can call them for anything.

Cons

Customer support needed at times. I feel like have to call often.

Response from Certent

Replied September 2020

Hi Jack, Thank you for taking the time out to provide your feedback. We are glad that Support has provided you with excellent service and will be in touch to find out how we can reduce the need to call into our Support line.

Shane from Signature Bank NA

Satisfied

I am very pleased with the product and value of the software, it is built to handle corporations much larger and complex than us, but it is still user friendly to our needs, and is still affordable.

Pros

The system can hand any time of award our organization would like to grant, and it has all the tools necessary for accounting, activity, and regulatory requirements.

Cons

Some of the report generation menus can be difficult to navigate to find the report that I need. There is a lot of reports available. There is a star feature that can be used to quickly find commonly used reports. Which is helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Certent Equity Management

Nicholas from Organovo Holdings, Inc.

Certent Review - 9/24/20

Pros

Ease of use, user interface friendly, great and timely customer support

Cons

Sometimes there have to be workarounds for unique situations

Ivy from CytoSorbents Medical Inc

Certent Equity Management Review

The overall benefit of using Certent is that it has save us time during month-end.

Pros

Ever since our Company migrated over to Certent and away from the our options spreadsheet, it has made our equity management easier from tracking of new option awards to expense recognition during month-end closes.

Cons

The least I like about this software is the HRPC and broker integration piece. There are many tasks that still have to be done manually in the integration piece. For example, when we terminate employee in our HR/Payroll system, termination does not feed over properly. Date of birth for new hires does not feed properly as well.

Rachel from Green Plains Inc.

Review of Equity Management

We've had a pretty good experience so far with Equity Management from Certent. The reports are very easy to run and information is easy to find, however every once in a while will have an issue running the reports with not getting any data returned. There also isn't a great way to export to Excel for some of the reports I run and when you copy and paste the data the formatting isn't pretty.

Pros

Easy to run reports

Cons

Exporting the data to Excel doesn't always work, there's not an easy way to do it and the copy/paste function into Excel messes up the formatting.

Brie from BRADY CORPORATION

Helps streamline accounting, administration, and disclosure reporting for our equity awards

Pros

I like that we are able to easily load mass data into the system, easily run monthly journal entries, and quickly run a few reports to put together our quarterly SEC disclosures.

Cons

The features available in the software have not changed much over time. Not having 162m reporting is a downfall and reports are very lengthy, with more columns that almost anyone would use. You can customize the layout of your reports, but that is also very time consuming.

Vicki from Netronome Systems, Inc.

Strong little product for Stock Options

We use Armanino as our service provider and they answer tough questions quickly so overall we are very satisfied with the software. System is pricey but from what I know is in the range of other products.

Pros

1. Great product for stock options 2. Help menu is very good

Cons

1. The equity side (non stock options) needs to be improved - warrants, preferred and common shares. 2. Modifications require manual entry, would be nice to incorporate into the system (even if input was manual) 3. We still have a bug for options issued prior to implementation. We issued a % completion on PNQ's which resulted in "fractional shares" that the system could not figure out. It would be good if they could just round DOWN!! 4. Seems like we should only have to pay for current option holders, not ones from the beginning of time. We now pay for the stock option system each year which is a little pricey!

Steven from INSW

Certent Review

they've been great. Knowledgeable, responsive and helpful.

Pros

Their customer support is outstanding. When I've had an issue, they've addressed it immediately. Their software carries out a large amount of the functionality we need.

Cons

Setting it up, I had a tough time with the Rep. I think it could be more user friendly... intuitive. It feels more like a Microsoft product that I have to learn rather than an apple product.

Sales Rep was great, Reputation, large player in the field

Reasons for Switching to Certent Equity Management

time zone, company separating, dissatisfaction with the other product

Response from Certent

Replied September 2020

Hi Steven, It's great to hear you've benefited from Certent's software functionality and had an outstanding experience with Support. We've made progress with our user interface, but it sounds like there's more work to do. We would love to discuss this topic further and will be in touch.

Carolyn from Gaming & Leisure Properties, Inc.

Very satisfied

Pros

The ease of use and accuracy. We do some complicated transactions and it always delivers.

Cons

Broker interface is lacking functionality, especially for performance shares.

Response from Certent

Replied September 2020

Hi Carolyn, Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback about Certent. We are proud of our ability to deliver on complex requirements and are always looking for ways to improve. We are interested in learning more about your experience with performance shares.

Brian from Network for Good, Inc.

Great Customer Service and Ease of Use

Great!

Pros

The software is really easy to use and quite intuitive. When I have had questions though the support has been outstanding. Support has been very knowledgeable on the software as well as the tax and accounting principles around equity accounting. I often learn new information just discussing my issue.

Cons

I'd like an easier way to do imports. I don't use it enough so I have to go back and review how to do it each time. Now I usually just input items manually to avoid the learning curve.

Response from Certent

Replied September 2020

Hi Brian, We are grateful for your feedback and thrilled to hear about your outstanding experience with Support. We would love to find out how we can make the import process less cumbersome for you and will be in touch to discuss.

Kathleen from CytoSorbents Medical Inc

Certent Review

Overall, moving away from spreadsheet tracking for options to Certent has been great!

Pros

Keep all of our equity management in one platform!

Cons

Unable to upload change in control RSUs due to no determine vesting date and do not wish to use a future date.

Recommended by our Broker

Chesney from BancFirst Corporation

Certent Equity Management gets the job done

Pros

This software is easy to use and the reporting tools are great.

Cons

The Section 16 part of the software maybe the most difficult part to learn, but once you figure it all out it is no big deal.

Reasons for Switching to Certent Equity Management

Cost

ChingChe from Bloomberg

Overall is good !

Pros

1. The website has a robot to answer some basic questions which save me time. 2. It is very clear to know how much I have for the stocks, easy and simple.

Cons

1. The visualization in the system is not really attractive compared to other similar services such as Carta, looks old-fashioned style. 2. The system asked me to change my password quite often which I need to find another one to remember. 3. if there are some monthly or quarterly reports which may be helpful.

Marsha from THOR Industries

Pros

It's easy to navigate once you get over the hurdle

Cons

Reports have weird names. Refreshing to fidelity's isn't always the easiest.

Heather from Choice Hotels, Inc.

Certently moving forward

Pros

Software provides forecasting which has been extremely powerful especially in these economic times

Cons

Can be so fickle with timing of the activity. not very fluid to correct misinformation from data uploads

Response from Certent

Replied September 2020

Hi Heather, We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have benefited from the forecasting capabilities within Certent. We want to learn more about how we can improve the process of correcting data from uploads and will be in touch to discuss further.

Anjali from Taulia Inc.

Certent for equity

I recently just started using Certent in the last few months. I think Certent offers a valuable service, I mean without it I would have no idea what to do with all the information that comes from our cap tables. I'm just starting to learn about equity administration and Certent has been a huge help in getting my started. They also have great customer service - although this is only via email and not phone from what I have seen. The one thing I will say about Certent is that it's not very easy to get up to speed on, but once you are up to speed it makes everything a lot easier. i was luck enough to have a full training from the previous Certent admin so that helped a lot.

November 2015

Janet from Pier 1 Imports, Inc.

Very user friendly.

I have used this software for over seven years. Certent allows me to accurately track all stock options and restricted grants, providing management and accounting with accurate reports. System can be set to automatically run reports at month end allowing us to close much faster. The preparation of proxy reports/schedules is accomplished by printing a few reports. The employee portal allows our employees to access their information 24-7. Customer service is exceptional, they respond quickly and resolve issues in a very timely manner.

Jeff from Silver Peak

Simple and easy to use interface

Pros

Our company use it for option grants, and I as a user find it pretty easy to use. My previous company used eShares (carta), and I think carta has a lot of stuff on the site, takes time to click around to understand everything (still very easy to use). Certent is a bit simpler.

Cons

I am just a user with limited access on the dashboard, there is not really a lot of things I can do on the site. For the things I can do on the site, I think it's pretty straight forward and simple, don't have any problem with it.

November 2015

Ronald from Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc.

November 2015

I am the administrator of our stock option progam.

The software is simple to use and has standardized reports for every function I require from status of grants, exercises, vestings and terminations through to all of the required financial statement disclosures and audit support schedules. Additionally, outputs are easily generated to support the Black Scholes valuation. Its all very simple and has made our administrative and financial reporting process efficient and reliable.

February 2016

Mike from Monro Muffler Brake

February 2016

I am the security admin and I have read/Write access to our data.

I think the software works fairly well for our needs. I think the main pro is that the system is fairly easy to use for the functions you utilize most often. The cons are I would like to see a different option for dividend value reporting, There are a couple data points required for our annual 10K filing that are not included on the disclosure report which requires me to run additional data to get what I need.

Mia from Halcon Resources

Useful Product

Pros: User friendly Accurate reporting Vast functionality and features Prompt technical support Cons: Monthly Option Expense reporting slow Time-out feature too fast I've been using Certent for over 5 years and the software has developed extremely. I am very satisfied with all of the features/tools and would highly recommend this product.

Susan from Griffon Corporation

Extremely intuitive

I am always comfortable that if I have a question I have the support desk to help me.