• Pros

• "We were looking for a good background checker for our employees and a friend recommended us Checkr. It is fast, easy and hassle free."

• "the best part is on all plate forms i can see data in a clear and understandable way."

• "With this amazing software, can do background verification online. Saves time and more accurate. Just need to fill some basic information and required information is just a click away. "

• Cons

• "Honestly i like using it and it is easy but i feel as though its not always accurate and that leaves me with less confidence when making a decision on hiring. "

• "We could not find any cons about it. Its fairly new, so it is not that popular yet. "

• "The lay out could have been better. Things placed in different areas than they were. "

Browse Checkr Reviews

Brett from Buffalo Wings & Rings

Easiest background checker around!!

Checkr gives me the chance to look at the whole picture of someone Im hiring giving me the chance to make a sound and safe hiring decision for the company.

Pros

How easy it was to navigate around the site it wasnt a long drawn out process like other sites!

Angie from Hospitality

Industry: Mental Health Care

The best software in the business

Pros

This program makes it so easy to run background checks. All you do is input a small amount of information and in just a few minutes you have your results. It used to take sometimes up to 2 weeks just to get my information now it's available within minutes. It really helps when your needing to bring someone in to fill a spot quickly and have no time to waste.

Cons

I have yet to find anything I don't like

Kathryn from SHINE Christian Homeschool Co-op

Great background check program for volunteer program!

This has been an easy, affordable option for our homeschool co-op. Keeping our kids safe is a #1 priority and Im happy know we've covered necessary steps in protecting them from abuse.

Pros

All I have to input is my volunteers email. No more gathering and storing and imputing sensitive personal information!

Cons

Its connected to another service so I cant use it independently. Its just an added, unnecessary step.

Deanna from Wells Fargo

checkr

Rahul from One Click Technologies Private Limited

Wonderful to do background verification hassle free

Awesome experience. No paper work, any time results, more to digitialization, no need to store verification forms physically for future use prospective.

Pros

Cons

This is a new concept however not so popular. Need marketing of this.

Maaya from The Fifty/50 Management Group

User friendly program for background screening

Pros

When we started employing people and had to do background screening, we were worried about what program to use; luckily another business owner recommended this so we proceeded with this and we love it! It's easy to use and provides all the information we need for a reasonable price.

Cons

We are very content; nothing negative about this!

Know Your People Before They Are Your People

Pros

Easy to use, applicants submit info and it automatically goes through the appropriate systems so that in the end we can hire with confidence that we have done our due diligence. Reputable and thorough results. We are pleased.

Cons

There are nuances in any system that one might prefer to be different, but we don't see those as cons. They are just that, preferences. It's a good resource for checking the background of our applicant pool.

Rachel from The Bridge church

Checkr is great and gives great reports whenever the background checks come back. Helpful to manage our volunteers who require a background check.

Pros

We use it integrated with Planning Center which makes it super easy for our volunteers to get background checked and have it documented in their PCO profile

Cons

It is a little costly, but it is worth the money for the ease in how it works with Planning Center Online

Best Background Checking software around

Pros

This software is very user-friendly and makes doing a background check on prospective employees very easy.

Cons

So far we have liked everything about this software. We would highly recommend it to others.

Y'Nita from Teletech

I loved it again its very easy to use. I prefer this background check over any other.

Pros

Very easy to use, pretty simple and basic. Didnt require multiple pages to fill out. Does not take long to complete.

Cons

You should be able to submit one background check in the system and it stays for a year instead of having to submit multiple!

Saved me so much time when I was hiring contractors!

Using Checkr I was able to focus my time and energy on running my marketing business, rather than chasing down personal information and gathering forms around town from contractors for weeks. Checkr sped up my hiring process by several weeks because I was able to get background check results online within days.

Pros

I loved the fact that Checkr handled the whole background check process for me completely online. I saved so much time when I was hiring contractors to service the online leads I was getting. All I had to do was input some basic information about my contractors like their e-mail address, and Checkr started doing the rest for me right away. They send an e-mail to your potential contractors or employees. After clicking the link in the e-mail your contractors can fill in all of their personal information on their own time. This is great for privacy reasons too and it helps your contractors feel more at ease knowing their information is being handled through a secure system. The entire process is very quick and you don't have to worry about anything except monitoring the background check results as they come in online.

Cons

If I had to find a negative, I would say that the platform seemed very new and it offered very basic features, services, and a very simple design. The platform is being updated all the time though and I was able to perform a variety of different types of background checks efficiently.

Best Background Check Software

We had an outdated program to run background checks with, but it was slow, pricey, and not very reliable. It was also not integrated to any other program, so once the results were out, they could be lost and we would have to pay all over again. Checkr solves all this and more. I am so excited to be using this program now.

Pros

This software was instantly my preferred choice because of its ability to integrate with our Planning Center and People software. I was easily able to run a background check on someone already in my database. Its also a lot cheaper for the type of background check youre getting than some other companies around. I was also impressed by the security measures it provides. You are able to choose between three packages, and you can opt for the more cost efficient one. However, if the person gets a hit, it will automatically run a more detailed check. Being that we are a church which lots of children, I appreciate it this measure a lot.

Cons

The only thing I didnt like was the mandatory email sent to the person getting a background check. As per our church policy, they have to fill out a form and sign consent. However, Checkr then sends a mandatory email, and it wont perform the background check until the person in question accepts via email. This is a tad redundant for our purposes, and really slows down the process, so I do wish the email was optional. However, everything else was a easy and straight forward.

Mark from Watermark Community Church

Fast, Affordable, and Easy

We worked with customer support as we were having a hard time activating our service, but we just didn't read the documentation correctly, and with the help of support got it up and running very quickly. The background checks come back quickly and are thorough. Enjoy this product a ton for its time saving it provides us.

Pros

It works with our database and integrates so that we are able to focus on the client and not focus on checking off a box. We can trust that Checkr is doing the heavy lifting for us and we can focus on our jobs.

Cons

I haven't been able to find anything wrong yet.

Mark Anthony from Demandforce

Checkr

overall great experiance

Pros

very quick and easy to use when performing basic checks

Cons

sometimes it takes a long time to get response for checks

Simple & Intuitive Background Checker

We background check all managerial level associates.

Pros

We got a response on an applicant within I believe 24 hours -- SUPER QUICK and VERY COMPREHENSIVE! They also checked all states.

Cons

I did not like it that we had one applicant who had used an alias and this caused a plethora of issues because he also had a common name.

Simple and affordable

I work at a church, so background checks are important for people working in various areas of ministry. Running background checks with Checkr is a breeze and affordable thanks to the different options and tiers they have available to choose from. Thats great because, for example, you dont have to spend the money on a driving record check for someone who isnt going to drive for you.

Pros

I like the simplicity most of all! Background checks seem like a scary thing at first, but Checkr was easy to set up and easy to learn thanks to their wonderful support documentation.

Cons

I havent found anything to not like about it yet. Granted, I havent run too many background checks yet, but so far, its been a very positive experience.

Jennifer from The Austin Centers for Exceptional Students

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Fantastic Value

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to navigate.

Cons

It would be nice if completed reports vs. pending reports were on different screens.

Justus from Liberty Church

Works great for churches

For a long time we used other places for background checks, and we had to go separately to their website to keep track of everything. Checkr integrates right in with Planning Center making it very easy to track everything. We can look at any of our members or volunteers or staff in planning center and right away see their background check. I highly recommend!

Pros

Checkr integrates and works great with Planning Center Online. It is so easy to do background checks on volunteers with Checkr.

Cons

We have had no negative experiences with Checkr.

Lancia from Lancia Productions

Its fast and reliable

Pros

checkr is super easy to use, really fast results and always accurate. Im in charge of hiring freelance workers from time to time and everyone needs to have their background checked before they can do the job. Ive looked into other software but this Ine has the best interface.

Cons

When I first started using it, the software would crash. But after ungradong my computer it started working just fine.

Hannah from Lyft

Checkr

Pros

It had all the information that I needed to provide for a job opportunity.

Cons

I didn't like how hard it was to access after my background had run through an employer.

Loretta from Riddle Hall Construction Services

Does what its supposed to!

Pros

Easy to use. Does a very thorough background check!

Cons

You have to pay for everything! Not wanting to do this!

Gregory from G&L Home Inspections LLC,

Checkr - Who is this potential new hire

Pros

Checkr is an easy to use package that allows for quality background investigations. They also have a group to resolve disputes should a candidate believe there is inaccuracies on the report.

Cons

It does not yet have the name recognition of the large background investigation companies.

Luke from Corsia Logistics

Great Background Checker

Stephanie from Health, Wellness & Fitness

Industry: Food Production

Fastest results

It was the fastest background check Ive ever seen before. It was extremely impressive. The results were back working 10 minutes

Pros

Such extremely fast results! Getting you to work ASAP!

Cons

I had no cons about this program it works so well

Jasmin from Medical Practice

Background check quick and secure

Pros

They send your inforation in a secure way and are super fast.

Cons

It is pretty straight forward and not much to really say would be a con.

Checkr Review

Pros

Its a different and easier way to get references. No more awkward phone calls!

Cons

There are no cons for me. I really like Checkr.

mylinda from Ekklesia bg

Great resource for background checks

We were recommended Checkr by another church and it's been a great product.

Pros

Very easy to use and integrated with Planning System for ease of use. We signed up through Planning System and have had no problems.

Cons

No problems at all! We really like the speed of the checks, the price is great. Nothing to complain about.