All Clockify Reviews

Torre

Information Technology and Services, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2021

Works exactly like you'd hope, feature-rich, and has helped us realize profits

Hend Abdalla

Reviewed August 2021

Track working hours easly for you and your team

Highly recomended for time tracking specialy with part timers, freelancers >> you can produce a detailed report with the tasks as well as the cost in one report, PDF or Excel export are avaialbel even with free account.

PROS

Free version is very good, tracking of time and working time log are very easy and flixable , reports are very helpfull

CONS

Tracker has no uper limit to stop at even you forgot to stop it for days (continiously) Not very powerfull with task tracking where there are no tastk status or team calloperation of tasks, as least in free account

Reason for choosing Clockify

Free account has just enough features that I need, very simply and easy to use even for non-it team members

Toggle is Costy and complicated

Hi Hend Abdalla, Thank you for your review. With the current design of the app, the timer will run until the user clicks on the stop button. As per task status, kindly note that if you are the admin of your workspace and you have tasks under your projects, you can check task status under the project status page. I hope this is what you are referring to, and it helps a bit. If you have other questions please contact us at support@clockify.me Best,

Replied August 2021

Zack

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

A very easy to use time tracker to cover many projects as a freelancer

I previously used Toggl, which I like just fine, but was a bit limited on the free version, and I didn't like the interface that much. I tried Clockify just to see how it would go, and so far I like it and am sticking with it for the near future.

PROS

The interface is nice, the reports get me what I need for invoicing. I can tag any recorded time as billable or not billable and even enter the dollar amount. I tag entries for specific clients or types of work with various colors which helps differentiate entries. The weekly emailed report helps me make sure my time is on point.

CONS

I didn't find the Windows desktop tool all that helpful, I just use the web interface. It's not as streamlined to create a new project or client easily. I have to type a project name (which doesn't exist) then I can create it on the fly, but with no details such as setting the color or client. So I have to go to another part of the interface, track down this new project so I can set the client and color, etc. I wish I could set up all the details about project and client directly from the time-entry page and not have to go around the interface to finish adjusting it. I don't really care for tracking precise start and stop times separately. Each time I have to stop and start a particular project time, it creates another entry. I prefer a generic single timer that accumulates, rather than a bunch of sub-time-entries like 10:34-10:45, 11:02-11:18, 12:50-1:42. This doesn't do much for me. I just want a single timer that says I worked 3.4 hours or whatever. But this is pretty minor thing. I can ignore all the sub-entries for the most part. But where this gets ugly is when I want to come back and enter time manually. If I need to adjust times, it's nearly impossible because I don't want to create time entries that overlap with existing entries. There is a lot of fudging numbers around so I can line up my projects.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Features and interface mostly, but reporting and other little things.

Thank you for the review Zack. When you enable the group similar time entries in your profile settings all your subentries will be grouped into one as long as they share the same description project and tag.

Replied September 2019

Sree Keerthi

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Best way to track the employee work schedule

Good for time tracking and resource management

PROS

I love the way clockify has seperate task for each project and allows employees to log time spent on each task. It also has a dashboard to track the weekly time spent on each project. This gives insights to the people manager on if the candidate is occupied for the week or if they have time to look into other pressing issues. This in turn supports resource management

CONS

One thing clockify can work on is to improve the work meetings sync to clockify. Otherwise I really like using Clockify

Hi Sree, Thank you for your review! One way to sync meetings from your Google/Outlook calendar is to connect them to the Clockify calendar. This will make your events appear in the Clockify Calendar, where you can copy the event as a time entry. Cheers!

Replied May 2024

Rayhann

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Clockify Review

PROS

It's pretty standard in terms of clocking in. I like how it keep track of the number of hours you put in each week.

CONS

One of the biggest annoyances with Clockify is when you're trying to clock in and it changes the AM/PM sign. For instance, if I clock in at 8:00PM and want to clock out at 9:00PM, it would automatically change it to 9:00AM. It's quite annoying, but honestly, it's not bad.

Hello there! Thank you for the feedback, would you mind reaching out to our support at support@clockify.me so they can investigate the issue with you? Cheers!

Replied May 2024

Manik

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

The most simplest and effective tool for freelance time management

PROS

Clockify has become my reliable companion in the world of freelancing. The interface is a breath of fresh air—simple, user-friendly, and perfectly tailored for someone always on the move. Juggling projects, tagging tasks, and maintaining precise billing have never been easier. Clockify seamlessly integrates with various project tools, effortlessly fitting into my workflow and turning time tracking into a straightforward task. The detailed reports it generates are a freelancer's dream, offering valuable insights into my work habits and productivity trends. The best part? It all comes without costing a dime.

CONS

Now, let's talk about the mobile app. It's good, but not without its quirks. Navigating can feel a bit awkward, and some features seem to play hide and seek, making the experience less seamless compared to the desktop version. Syncing issues occasionally rear their head, causing minor discrepancies between mobile and web data. While not a deal-breaker, it's akin to having a GPS suggest detours when you're already running late. Despite these minor hiccups, Clockify remains a staple in my freelancer toolkit, keeping my time in check, even if it can't fix my commute.

Hi there, Thank you for the feedback! Feel free to reach out to our support at support@clockify.me and share any issues you are experiencing with the iOS app so they can investigate it furher. Cheers!

Replied April 2024

Federica

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

The Valuable Time Managing Platform

Clockify is the reliable time tracking solution and it gives accurate organization.

PROS

Clockify has made every time management process swift and accurate.

CONS

Clockify has made all the time management processes efficient.

Glane

Consumer Electronics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Affordable and handy to use

Overall, it was very useful, affordable and easy. I have been using it for my 2 jobs and for 4 years now.

PROS

It is easy to use. I can see easily who is working on my Team. And I can always export my total hours for the day, months or even a year.

CONS

When you forget to time out, and the day has passed, you can no longer edit the time

Amy

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Helpful resource

PROS

Clockify offers a simple interface for tracking projects and hours worked.

CONS

I used to be able to stay signed in, and now I have to sign in every day. But that's a small inconvenience for a great tool

Sam

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Feature rich time tracker

PROS

I really like using Clockify for all my time tracking activities including project management

CONS

This is the most used software in my office and have not faced any problems at all.

Alex

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Clockify Review

PROS

It's a top-notch time and attendance system. Ability to track hours, plan projects, and handle invoices/budgets. Affordable pricing compared to others.

CONS

I initially found it challenging to navigate through the reports and dashboard, but over time, I got the hang of it, and it became easier for me to navigate within the application.

Aimee

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

A real lifesaver

I discovered Clockify some time ago when a client wanted to see if there were any time tracking pieces of software he could use. I didn't use it then, but when our time tracking software turned into a frustrating mess of lost time entries, slow loading, and mis-calculated weekly times, I gave it a shot. Best decision I ever made for our team.

PROS

- Ease of use - Ability to set up and customize lots of options - Works well on multiple platforms - Has extensions and apps - Quick & light

CONS

- I wish there were the slightest bit more features in terms of clients vs projects, like the ability to assign people to whole clients rather than just projects, as well as the ability to bulk assign someone (like a page of checkboxes) to projects - I wish there were more integrations as well, such as with Freshbooks for invoicing

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Freshbooks pushed us into a "new Freshbooks" account, which was a vastly different time tracking interface. Freshbooks clearly hadn't tested this interface (or the corresponding app that went with it), because time entries would disappear, error out, or never get logged. App would crash and had all kinds of bugs, along with the desktop interface. After many of our users were on support with them with no resolution, we decided to take our time tracking elsewhere.

Thanks for the kind words, Aimee! In Clockify client category is always connected to the project and cannot work independently. But, perhaps settings up tags for your clients could help you out. Also, creating groups can be useful for managing projects easily. Heres the link: https://clockify.me/help/users/user-groups And we plan the integration with Quickbooks for invoicing. Cheers!

Replied January 2020

Dima

Reviewed March 2021

How did I ever work before Clockify? ))

I have been using this product for many months and today I cannot see myself and my working day without Clockify. Every morning when I start, I press the button and know that my progress and work are properly recorded, under the corresponding project sections and descriptive headings & tags. If you need to track your and/or your team's workload, you will not make a mistake by switching to this great product!

PROS

Wow, where do I begin! I think the dashboard is my absolute favorite! To be able to see exactly which month I had spent how many hours (and minutes!) working on which project helps me greatly to plan my workload and to priorities. Each time entry can be highly customized by connecting it to the relevant projects, giving it a very descriptive name and tagging it with special keywords. You can also mark every entry as payable or non-payable and for our company, where we use Clockify to pay our employees on a monthly basis, this and the rest of the features are indispensable!

CONS

Sometimes the browser tab crashes or when I start/stop the timer, the command does not go through. But that happens only 5% of the time so overall it is not a crisis.

Reason for choosing Clockify

Pricing definitely, and the features offered for that price.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Pricing of Toggl was much higher than that of Clockify, but the features offered were basically the same.

Adriano

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Clockify gives you power to control all tasks in any kind or size of projects

Clockify gives me control over all parts of a project. I can focus in tasks that are really important and manage my team easily. Clockify is integrated to my Gmail, Calendar, Asana, Google Docs and Spreadsheets making the work very productive and tasks on each of them easy to control. I´ve tested many other softwares online and desktop, including smartphone apps and Clockify was simple the best option I found.

PROS

Clockify is amazing to control time & tasks in projects. Using a plugin Chrome Browser extension you add a small clock to e-mails, documents, spreadsheets, etc, and can start your timer in any kind of task. Clockify allows you to generate reports on the fly, super easy and fast. At the end of the day you know how productive you are and knows where in the projects you stay. You can easily schedule tasks, interact with other members of the team and track almost everything. The costs reports are a powerful tool, with them you control all the costs of your projects and team members. Using work spaces, you can create different scopes of work for any kind of organization you work. Clockify allows you to create clients, projects, teams, tags, and control the costs & track times of work for every one of them.

CONS

Sometimes, I miss a feature like Gantt Chart but this is not really a problem. I also would like to have a version translated to Portuguese.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Clockify has all the features I need to manage my projects in just one solution.

Hi Adriano, Thank you for your feedback and the kind words! If you would like to join our translation process for Portuguese or any other language, feel free to visit https://clockify.me/help/translation and submit your request. Cheers!

Replied November 2021

Leônidas

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Nice easygoing time tracking tool for personal use

I often work on multiple projects at 'the same time', and it can be hard to track how much time I'm actually putting into each one. Clockify helps me on that, and at the end of the month/week I can see how much work I have really accomplished and, based on that, plan ahead reprioritizing (or charging more) based on what I see. I also use it to keep my productivity in check.

PROS

It's fast, simple, light and practical (and looks good enough). I also like that it allows me to only use the functions that I need without having to learn/deal with all the other features it has.

CONS

-Navigating its menus can be quite unintuitive sometimes; -It really looks/looked like a clone of the first iteration of Toggle, and that gave me a bad first impression of it. Still, the color pallet was better than Toggl's, and since the functionalities that I needed worked almost identical in both, I continued to use it.

Reason for choosing Clockify

I tried a couple of different project and time tracking tools for my personal needs (tracking my personal work projects and daily activities). Some were to complex, some were to pricey, some were to ugly/had a bad UI. Clockify was the best one for what I needed.

Roldan

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Roldan's Review

Really nice experience. I never looked back. Please continue improving. I've used Time Doctor, Hubstaff, Upwork. Clockify dust them off.

PROS

UX and UI wise. Really nice lay-out. Easy to use.

CONS

Not much. No qualms. Maybe I can find out later since my subscription is free and for me alone. Maybe if my workspace becomes complex I might start to notice discripancies.

Reason for choosing Clockify

Needless to say, much easier to use. It exactly cater a freelancer dilemmas when it comes to time tracking their work and invoicing clients.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Clockify is the only Freelancer time tracking app that give fare advantages for both free users as well as paying ones. Other trackers are either buggy, clunky, difficult to use or expensive.

Olushola

Market Research, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2022

The best time tracking resource out there

This has helped me and y team keep track of time, project and even helped improve our efficiency through the ton of information and insight available for analysis

PROS

The software is easy to use, the color scheme is warm and inviting and there are helpful features all around

CONS

Sometimes I find out that I have to log in again. I don't k ow if this is a glitch or a security measure, but it makes me anxious

Reason for choosing Clockify

Price, Flexibility, Ease of use and onboarding, Insights available for analysis (this was very important)

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Well, it wasn't flexible and didn't have the features we discovered that we need to work efficiently

Aria

Keep It Simple and Smart

Clockify has helped my team get our projects organized for quite some time. We enjoyed the free version for a little over a year before we started opting for the paid version since we want to take advantage of some of the paid features such as automation, API integration, templates, and other productivity features to further improve our operations.

PROS

Clockify is a very simple platform to use with very user-friendly functions and operations. It takes less than 15-min for a new user to get familiar with it and already start working with the system. We love the fact that the system allows admins to be able to get high-level and granular data of individual users or projects. Data Analytics is really great with the high-level information that is already provided by the system UI, but Clockify also provides the capability to either extract the data and user a different data visualization platform to use, or integrate it with a different analytic platform all in all.

CONS

There are some limitations as to what data can be captured and stored in Clockify. If an operation is using a different KPI metrics (such as qty produced / time-spent) then this platform does not support that.

Reason for choosing Clockify

We shifted because Clockify provided that clean no-frills works space for us to queue our projects, and assign project tasks to the right people. And most of all, capture man-hours spent on tasks. This critical information allowed us to be able to have a definitive data point on the demand-capacity structure of our operations enabling us to plan ahead for the capacity increase that is based on our operational demands.

1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Best software to choose for freelancer

I've been using Clockify for more than two years now. I tried other software before but this one was the best at that and still is. If you, like me have simple needs, this is the best piece of software for you. Remark to company: please don't grow. If we're using your product we are not interested in ERP. If you want to grow make a separate product containing project planning etc.

PROS

Ease of use, reliability, fast response from customer service even when I was using only a free version of the software. Clean design, very good reports, ability to export reports to different formats. The basic version has almost all the things I need. Application is small, which is a big plus.

CONS

Lack of Polish version of VAT invoice is a little minus. If there were I'd have everything I need in one app. If you decide to implement that, please consider moving invoicing and time rounding from STANDARD to BASIC plan. I don't need managment stuff. There's literally no small and simple time tracking software with invoicing only. Every app like this slowly grows towards ERP system. Please don't grow. Hone the things you have now and make a separate product capable of integrating with bigger brother.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Cost and usless fuctions packed with the software also lack of Polish VAT invoice

Christian

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Clockify for Time Tracking and Invoicing

Use it daily to track hours and monthly to export by client for invoicing.

PROS

Easy to use and works across multiple devices (computer, phone, tablet). Easy to track, pause, and edit time tracking. Nice features to organize by Client, Project, and Tasks.

CONS

Would like to be able to integrate for invoicing. It does this already but only for the paid version.

Reason for choosing Clockify

Best value and features for the price.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Switched several years ago. Clockify fits my needs better.

Thank you for your kind feedback, Christian! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying Clockify!

Replied July 2023

Subash

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Simple Yet Effective & Efficient Time Tracking Tool

Clockify has helped my organisation in a big way by simplifying & making the time tracking task efficient and reliable. From the time we have moved from another time tracking to Clockify - we might have saved a lot of time slippages being tracked appropriately and has saved us a lot of time and effort in time tracking, auditing, reporting and billing activities.

PROS

1. Super simple time tracking tool - it's very easy to use & very quickly anybody can pick it up - useful when onboarding a new employee. 2. Enables effective management of housekeeping tasks for team leads & managers - like attendance, time sheets, etc. 3. Easy tool to bill the hours worked & review time taken on projects and tasks through reports. 4. There is a mobile app as well which enables to track time spent on calls as well - especially when you are a consultant or advisory services provider and spend a lot of time on the phone. 5. You can set up time tracking for specific clients, projects, tasks and assign it to specific employees - this is very granular and comprehensive.

CONS

1. I would have loved a random screenshot taken of work being done as well along with time tracking - this will boost the confidence managers & clients have on the reports & time sheets. 2. Timers some times stops - has happened with me a few times - not sure if its a browser issue - but this is always on my mind to keep checking if the timer is on from time to time. 3. Manual time adding can be an issue as sometimes we have seen that the date selected moves to the current date - need to careful & recheck entries.

Reason for choosing Clockify

features, UI and ease of use