All ClockShark Reviews

Well Thought Out Product

Destyny

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

We love ClockShark

I love ClockShark. We actually had ClockShark in 2019 and left for ADP in 2020… then came back 3 months later because nothing compares to ClockShark.

PROS

I love the customizable tasks, it allows me to run reports based upon locations. This helps us control costs

CONS

Wish it could accommodate different time zones. Use have two separate accounts since were in multiple time zones

Geotracking! It’s my favorite feature

Ronny

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

If you have anything more than 5 employees, you need ClockShark.

If you're going to ClockShark from a manual timesheet method, you don't realize how much you can truly save by going to ClockShark. Our favorite part of ClockShark is their team. They are VERY awesome to work with - You have NO idea how important they are to us not just from a technical standpoint, but from the standpoint of making our lives easier all around. They have yet to cease to amaze us in their customer service skills, down-to-earth attitudes, and technical skills. [insert Wayne and Garth bowing and saying "we're not worthy! we're not worthy"]

PROS

We've had other systems in the past. While they were great, ClockShark was the most affordable with the most features and support. Their team has never let us down. Additionally, they made the setup effortless.

CONS

The billing of ClockShark is just a little bit confusing when you're adding/removing employees from the system within a given year. It would me nice to show which users were added/removed when showing changes in billing. The use and need of an email address from each employee is limiting whereas if we needed to hire contract workers and log their hours, they would need to have an email address for logging in. This makes it difficult if you have the same person working for two companies using ClockShark.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

The amount of features for the affordable costs, along with the DCMA compliance and the sales and support. It was an all-around win-win situation honestly.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Primarily looking for DCMA compliance, but also looking for a cheaper alternative to Tsheets.

Jeremiah

Reviewed February 2022

Good for 1 job per day work sites, user friendly

User friendly for many things especially adding new jobs to the clock, but as I mentioned before, only good for one job per day shops. And, the base cost per month is put this at a rate much higher than similar programs, especially for small shops.

PROS

Easy to add jobs to the time clock. Job roster is easy to look over with "Hours worked" and "Hours Budgeted" readily available, no having running reports to bill customers.

CONS

Cannot edit employees while they are clocked in the system. Other programs will allow me to fix errors during the day, such as clocked into the wrong job in the morning or missed clocking in when they started working. Editing during the day while the error is fresh allows me to get a head start on payroll and being sure employees are paid for the work they do and that time is billed to the proper job. Base monthly costs put this program at a higher monthly cost than similar programs.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

Partner signed up for clock shark without my input. Probably switching back.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Partner signed up for clock shark without my input. Probably switching back.

Hi, Jeremiah! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review, we truly appreciate it. The ability to edit an employee's time while they are clocked in is an excellent suggestion that I would be happy to pass along to our Product Development team. If you have any other ideas on how ClockShark can be improved, please submit them here: http://ideas.clockshark.com/ As for the cost of the monthly base fee, it goes to the following: -5-star rated customer support when you need it -Account implementation and maintenance -Continuing tutorials and training -Ongoing software updates and improvements -And Unlimited data storage If you have any further questions or comments, we'd be happy to hear them!

Replied February 2022

Ciro

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Dependable Time Allocation Solution.

ClockShark has relevant time control, where allocation is made, and there are accessible scheduling measures.

PROS

ClockShark has made every time management efficient, and there scheduling of all activities.

CONS

ClockShark has made effective ways of controlling time, and there are no challenges.

Molly

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Great product

Overall experience has been great. Great price point, great customer service. They are always evolving and that is what keeps us here. They are willing to make adjustments based on the ever change environment and needs of their customers.

PROS

Customer service is beyond fantastic! The team really cares about the feedback and suggestions they receive and do their best to implement as much as they can. The simplicity to the user is great as we have technicians that need things to be quick and simple. Reports have come along way in the past year. They give a lot of information and you are able to customize them a bit more now. Implementation is quick and easy. Works amazingly well with QuickBooks and other similar software.

CONS

There are some changes I would make personally to fit our needs. There isn't any real cons with Clockshark honestly. It does what we need it to do and the things it doesn't are simply requests we'd like to see to fit us better as a company.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

We liked the fact that ClockShark would would seamlessly with QuickBooks and we did not need to change our software completely. It was also the right price point for us with the number of employees we had at the time.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

TSheets was not working back then on a mobile app and it was too complicated for our technicians.

Hi Molly! Thank you for the review. So glad to hear our customer support team was able to help you in the past. That's great that your technicians can get their work completed faster with ClockShark. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied July 2020

Jessica

Reviewed April 2020

Awesome Product for the Construction Industry

Overall I fee this product is wonderful! It has almost everything that we need for what we do in the Excavation, Demolition & Underground Utilities portion of the Construction industry that we are in. I looked and A LOT of different time keeping products and even used the free trials on a few... I am so happy that I ended up choosing this product in the end!

PROS

I like that this product was easy to set-up and my employees (who have had trouble with other timecard apps in the past) find it very easy to use and understand. I really like all of the customizations that I can do and the reports really help me see where my employee's time is being spent in greater detail. I love all of the different reports that can be accessed. This product definitely has great value for the money! It is exactly what we needed for our construction crews!!

CONS

Trying to figure out which report does what can be a little confusing. I think the better report descriptions and maybe a quick example to look at before choosing/downloading would be beneficial. While there is gps or geolocating, I would find it very useful to have the employees be able to clock in under one job, but have it notify me if they employee clocked in outside of that location for specific job tasks. For example, if I have an employee clocked in under job "A" as "driving" out the job, I know they are outside of the boundaries, however, when the switch tasks to "Laborer" I want to know if they are within a specific radius/boundary for that same job "A". Especially since my employees get paid significantly different between the two tasks... I would like to automatically be notified if they are where they say they are supposed to be for that task.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

The pricing was very high and my employees just couldn't figure out how to use the product correctly.

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you LOVE that you can customize your reports and how easy it is to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied May 2020

Keri

Reviewed April 2020

What a Difference!

We're getting a much better overall picture of the time used. I began seeing a general pattern in travel times to and from the jobs. Time going to a job was consistently longer than coming home. Turns out they were stopping to pick up parts along the way. While one guy went into the supply house, three more were sitting in the truck. Processes were put in place to eliminate the need for the stop.

PROS

Simple setup, easy to use by crew and for me the best part is that it actually calculates the overtime.

CONS

As a construction company, we often use multiple rates for the same guy. First of all, they all make different rates depending on their skills and time with the company. Second, they make less to ride in the truck than they do when they're onsite. It would be awesome if this could somehow be factored in.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

I was exploring several options, but honestly what sealed the deal was my interactions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She set me up with the free trial, but then it took me almost a month before I got a chance to look into it further. I explained my situation, and she didn't hound me about it. When I was ready, she was there for me. She didn't pressure me into making a decision immediately. She helped me understand how it would fit with our operation, let me digest how best to use it, then followed up to answer my second round of questions and offer some final pointers. I wish every sales person was as patient as she was! She's my favorite Shark!

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

I had several guys who weren't able to get their time input in timecamp and it didn't calculate overtime.

Hello Keri, Thank you for the 5-star review! So glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your team to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied May 2020

Angel

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

My Rewview

Overall works great for our line of work my techs are able to log in every time keeps a clean record of the hours worked easy to approve the time.

PROS

Since we had technicians I need to know where they are all the time I like the fact that it will show me the entire route for the day.

CONS

The GPS does not give me an update per minute on the same day.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

Some of them were overpriced and require a year subscription and they would deduct on a monthly basis and if I cancel they would prorate it and return the difference. The other did not have a good GPS program and would not record the entire day if they ever lost their internet on the phone.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

My techs were having problems not able to log in, some of my techs had to reset their password every week and every time I called tech support they could not find the problem or they would create a ticket to have a more season tech review and no one ever got back to us.

Hi Angel! We appreciate the review. Glad to hear that you enjoy ClockShark's GPSTrak feature to see where your employees are at during the day. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied June 2020

Reviewed December 2021

Almost perfect for a simple all in one solution

PROS

Easy to use. Clean and simple user interface. Reliable. Have not experienced server downtown whereas we have often with other apps. Employee schedule is very useful especially with being able to see the roster in the Y-axis and the week's days in the X-axis. Customer support is very helpful and fast at responding. Customer support really makes this company/software stand out.

CONS

Better project management features. For example, gantt charts, to-do lists, and template building. Managing job sites is also very difficult past a couple dozen. It would be amazing to bulk edit e.g. select multiple job sites and edit details such as Client information or group them together under a category/group/folder.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

For simplicity. Team working in the field already had familiarity with clocking time on the mobile app.

Devendra Kumar

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2023

"Revolutionize Your Employee Time tracking with ClockShark Software:A Game-Changer for Your Business

In my experience with ClockShark, it has proven to be a popular and efficient time-tracking software for companies that employ remote or mobile workers. The platform is equipped with a wide range of features such as clock-in and out, scheduling, time tracking, and project management tools that are very useful for managers. Additionally, ClockShark can be easily integrated with popular payroll and accounting software like QuickBooks, ADP, and Gusto. Users have reported a positive experience with the user-friendly interface, video tutorials, and knowledge base. However, some users have had challenges with the mobile app's GPS tracking and syncing data. The software also lacks invoicing capabilities, which may be an issue for some businesses. Despite these limitations, ClockShark remains a widely used and effective time-tracking software.

PROS

I can attest to the numerous impactful features that make it a popular choice. The mobile time tracking feature is particularly useful, allowing employees to track their time on the go using their mobile devices. I also appreciate the real-time reporting feature, which enables managers to access up-to-date information on employee time and attendance. Additionally, the vacation/leave tracking feature helps me manage employee time off requests and ensures adequate staffing.What I find most impressive are the product's user-friendly interface and straightforward navigation. ClockShark also provides excellent customer support, with responsive and helpful representatives available to assist with any questions or issues.Integration with existing business processes can vary depending on organizational needs. Nevertheless, ClockShark offers several integrations with popular software platforms like QuickBooks and ADP, which helps to streamline workflows and reduce data entry time.Overall, ClockShark is a comprehensive and dependable time-tracking solution that caters to businesses of all sizes.

CONS

In my experience, some common issues with ClockShark include difficulty with the mobile app, especially when it comes to GPS tracking and syncing data. The integration process can also be challenging, particularly with custom data mappings. Moreover, some users have reported that the software lacks invoicing capabilities, which can be a disadvantage for some businesses.

Kristen

Reviewed November 2021

Good product - company is always trying to improve

PROS

Integration was easy. I appreciate that ClockShark is always looking for areas to improve and add new features. Other time tracking companies I've used haven't been as interactive with their customers. ClockShark is very open to suggestions and understanding our business processes.

CONS

I dislike that there are some integration limitations with Canadian QuickBooks Online. Would like for an option to make notes on timesheets mandatory instead of optional. It was mandatory in the previous program that we used and now we are having a hard time getting our techs to record what they've done when the system doesn't force them to add notes.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

We use Salesforce as our field service management system. We were interested in this program but found the ClockShark app to be more tech friendly than the Salesforce one app.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

We were having major issues with the program and they were not responsive to our needs. They would not follow up on our case despite constant followups on my part. The program wasn't working at all which caused a lot of work on our end and they continued to bill us.

Sean

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Ease of use at an easy price

PROS

I was trying to keep track of time for everyone with paper time sheets or emails--which, often fell to a low priority and daily tasks and actual time weren't be accounted for. In looking at various time tracking apps, I actually stumbled across ClockShark. Right from the beginning, it was intuitive and user friendly, and it was easy to add jobs and tasks on the fly from my phone, which then populated those tasks as something to choose on ANY job, which is super useful as a renovation contractor. Being a small company, I wear many hats in the office and on job sites--I do it all and do not have ANY office staff other than myself. Having a program that was so quick and easy to implement, as well as easy to manage daily as needed without spending a lot of time on the task, has made my life exceedingly less difficult.

CONS

I probably don't use the software to the fullest extent, so I am sure there is something that may come up later--but right now, adding users is a bit more of a pain than I would like.. but even then, that's pretty easy.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

Price and saw how easy and intuitive it was during the free trial.

Hello Sean, Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that ClockShark took some of the stress away that you have as a small business owner. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied June 2020

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Honest review from somewhat new user

PROS

It is very user friendly and connects with Sage 100 contractor through the Ryvit connector. It is also cheaper than other options and they don't try to sell you on HR or other functions really. All about time tracking and hours reporting.

CONS

There are some features that could be better. For example, scheduling I would like to see the availability to only pick cost codes that are in the budget. Similarly, when switching cost codes administratively for a field employee that picked the wrong one, I'd like to see only the budgeted cost codes. Lastly, there should be a way to remove inactive cost codes. We have a ton that are no longer used and I want to remove them from CS entirely.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

It is very user friendly and budget friendly. It integrates well with our accounting software (via an add-in). CS also is exactly what we're looking for: a time tracking software to job cost employees' hours. They aren't trying to sell us on a bunch of other products.

Damon

Reviewed June 2023

Money saver, - Time maker

Love it , it’s become a normal, comfortable routine with employees…everyone knows it and feels like they have control over their own timecards

PROS

Timeclock, auto transfer & compatibility, & the ability to know the status of crews without calls or physical presence

CONS

At first, mapping everything to existing books, but on autopilot now

Reason for choosing ClockShark

Catchy name, and it’s own entity separate from bookkeeping, yet compatible - Employees feel like it’s their time protection

Christine

Reviewed March 2022

You need This

From the moment we started the free trial the customer service was top notch. They reached out right away and assisted with the many questions I had and was able to streamline our entire company to functional on their site. It has so many features which we have not fully used as we are not quite there on our side but are looking forward to integrating those into our company. This software has been able to release a lot of time we were spending on payroll/time clock and job costing. the reports are so detailed that the owner just loves seeing everything on one spot with just a simple click. Imputing the information weather, it is an employee/task or job is simple and again if you are unsure of something or are looking for it to run a certian way customer service is on top of it and make it easy for you to understand.

PROS

The software is super easy to use and understand, it is very self-explanatory.

CONS

Nothing so far to report! It is amazing for entire team

Reason for choosing ClockShark

This was the easiest to use and was highly rated from other clients/customers we work with.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

This badge system had the field guys coming to the shop every day to punch in and out which in the long run was costing the company more money for their time to drive back. The system we were using was not always running smooth and had to fix or ask what their time was on a daily. It also did not allow us to see the job costing side of things.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

30 Minute Break, or not?

Best program for both schedule and time clock. That's basically all I use it for, and time off of course

PROS

time clock and scheduler all in one program

CONS

I feel its a bit expensive per year.The break time calculator is tough for my business. I'd like to see it individualized, per employee. So I can have the option of how to give the 30 min paid break

Reason for choosing ClockShark

scheduler was easier for me and the way I schedule employees

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Just not that happy with logistics of it working as a scheduler and time clock. I really liked the scheduler section and also the pricing was more manageable.

Addie

Reviewed October 2021

Robust time tracking software with lots of extra features

I am glad we switched to ClockShark. Their customer service is really responsive and you don't sit on hold for hours. They have a suggestion box for features users are interested in. Overall my experience has been great and when I hear other folks are looking for a time tracking solution I always recommend ClockShark.

PROS

This software ticked all the boxes I was looking for: time tracking with GPS location, GPS tracking while clocked in, a mobile app, crew clock-in, and kiosk ability, a web dashboard that's admin-friendly and easy to use, and the ability for me to reset passwords & fix access in-house instead of having to have my employee contact customer service on their own to do it. We don't even use all of the features of our pretty basic subscription so even at this very budget-friendly price point we have room to grow to before we'd even need to upgrade. I've heard about and looked at all of the project management features and tools and I'm excited to someday use those to their fullest potential enough to need to upgrade.

CONS

I wish I could duplicate time entries for some workers from week to week or day to day. For instance, I have one worker for who I enter things manually and it would be really handy to be able to make a time entry on Monday, save it and then duplicate it but change the date to Tuesday. I would also really like to mark or save the reports I run most frequently with my preferred settings/customizations. Also, a Spanish version of the software would be great.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

ClockShark was easy to use, in some cases vastly easier, and very competitively priced. The onboarding was easy and they have lots of tools to help you implement it with your workers, and customer service is very friendly and easy to reach.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Intuit made T-Sheets hard to work with. I could not reset passwords or fix access issues in-house for my employees after the transition to using an intuit account for login, they had to contact Intuit on their own which was difficult to get them to do. It went from only a few minutes on hold to speak to someone with customer service to hours, even in chat.

geoeges