• Pros

• "I have tried many other products that advertise GPS functionality this product actually works. It is very easy to edit time and keep track of a crew. The support is great! Very responsive! "

• "I love the fact that I can use this to track labor at each location!"

• "Super easy and efficient to use - have run into no bugs while I have used this software."

• Cons

• "Schedule, it's getting better every day but it's still not excellent"

• "Reports could be more concise, but other than that, it is a good software for what I need"

• "The gps tracking is nice. But still needs a little more work. When you log in from your Phone , sometimes you have to exit and try again. Not a big deal, but seems like theres a glitch there. "

Browse ClockShark Reviews

Heather from PowerPollen

Industry: Farming

Fantastic Application!

We moved from a complicated spreadsheet and paper timesheets to this system and it has been a fantastic overhaul. We are saving time and coordination efforts already just by using the clock in / out feature. Here this week we will be moving forward with the scheduling feature as well.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. The tutorial for mobile use is great and all of our employees have been able to adjust very easily. The scheduling aspect is top tier (we did a LOT of research on you and your competitors.)

Cons

It would be great if there was a way for each employee to flag time issues that wasn't just a note, like a push notification. Also, we would love it if you had a mass messaging option (but I've heard you are working on it!)

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

The cost was really competitive for the features you offered. We liked ios and android. We needed a mobile application that was fully functional and easy to use. Your scheduling software ROCKS when compared to others.

Response from ClockShark

Replied June 2020

Hello Heather, Thank you for your 5-star review! Glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your employees to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Brionna from A Plus Plumbers & Appliance Repair, LLC

Industry: Utilities

My Review

It helps us track time on jobs more efficiently.

Pros

It takes the time out of handwriting & filing time sheets & time cards. It allows the employees to clock into a job & gps themselves directly to the address in one click. The time sheet reports make it a lot simpler to do payroll.

Cons

It seems slow all the time. I would like it to load faster. At least once a week it also freezes & we are constantly entering data & scheduling & rescheduling jobs. Freezing is a no go. This must be fixed.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

It was more cost efficient & did what I needed it to be doing. GPS was a huge thing in my decision.

Response from ClockShark

Replied February 2021

Hi Brionna, thanks for your review! Glad to hear you're finding ClockShark easy to use and that it's making payroll simple! I'm sorry for the troubles, the app should not be functioning in that wayI would recommend updating your app since there was a recent bug that would cause freezing under certain circumstances, but has since been addressed in the recent update. If you're ever experiencing issues like this please reach out to ClockShark Support so we can help troubleshoot the issue and get things back up and running for you! You can reach them any time at 800-828-0689 or by email at hello@clockshark.com!

Keeley from JJ Heating and Air Conditioning Co

Great addition to a small growing business

Pros

We work with a large group of technicians who travel in different directions all around our region daily. They are largely independent and we barely see them at the office. GPS clocking in critical for us, and timesheet management is very useful for employees to monitor themselves.

Cons

I want to be able to import customers and not just jobs. I also want to generate time sheet reports by pay period and based off of an employees hourly rate so that I can calculate their earnings automatically when I'm running payroll.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

We switched to Clockshark because Housecall Pro's Clock In/Out app was far too basic. It only allowed GPS tracking when an employee clocked in/out, was not capable enough to record what technician was at what job and where, and didn't record time off, their hourly rate, etc.

Toni from Ohio Insulation & Manufacturing Co.

Terrible!

This application just did not work for us. It might work for a small service industry such as an HVAC or Plumbing company that doesn't do Prevailing Wage rates, but even then, the GPS is not reliable. We ran as fast as we could away from this application when our 1 year contract was up.

Pros

The only good thing about the application is the scheduling section. We liked the drag and drop feature for either the employee or the job. Adding additional shifts and/or employees to a job was very easy as well.

Cons

There are so many things we did not like about this application. 1. GPS IS UNRELIABLE! I could sit right at my desk, clock in, and it would show me clocking in 3 miles away. I have a new phone with great Verizon service. The GPS should have been accurate. Unfortunately, this happened to at least one or more employees on a daily basis. 2. No way to track Prevailing Wage. There is no way to set a prevailing wage rate for a job. I would have to manually go into the weekly time report and change and re-add the wages for those jobs. 3. REPORTS - The reports are AWFUL! No way to customize them other than the basic per job or per employee, and date. So many of them were useless, and none of them are accurate for us because of the fluctuation in prevailing wage rates. 4.0 CUSTOMER SERVICE was almost NON-EXSISTANT! After several months of asking for help with the GPS and Reports, we pretty much was ignored because they couldn't help us. I was asked repeatedly to rate them, and kept sending messages about the issues, but didn't get any reply. It took 6 months to get an automated e-mail reply for one of our inquiries.

Response from ClockShark

Replied February 2021

Hi Toni, thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear that ClockShark was not a good fit for your company. I've reviewed your account and the history of communications with the support team and your account rep. It seems that there were indeed some features that were particularly important to your company, that we did not have. I understand why this would be frustrating. As the CEO here, I'd like to go on the record though to state that as far as I can tell, nobody on our team failed to reply to you at any point and I do find extensive conversation history where our team worked closely with you to do our best to explain how things work, what the possibilities are, and confirm that we'd pass along your feature requests for consideration by the product team for possible future implementation. We wish we could build every feature every customer wants, we truly do. Unfortunately it's not possible. Regardless, I apologize for anything we did to cause you to feel bad about the experience.

Tristan from Refined Painting Services

Superior Software

I'm a happy user of ClockShark. The customer service has been outstanding. The software is very easy to learn and use, while still featuring some strong functions that are not offered by competitors.

Pros

I like the simple, clean layout that simplifies the learning curve of introducing this software to my team. The scheduling and time editing features are extremely easy to use. And I look forward to learning the payroll integration once I get setup with Gusto.

Cons

The cost is a little higher than what I was previously paying with T-Sheets, however the superior customer service from ClockShark definitely helps bridge the gap in price.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

As a former long-time user of T-Sheets, I was hesitant to switch software. However, due to some technical issues and inconsistent customer service I was starting to experience with T-Sheets, I started doing lots of research on alternative options. ClockShark was definitely the most appealing option out of the 10 companies that I researched, and it was constantly recommended by my peers in the painting/contracting industry.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

T-Sheets customer service and had gone downhill since the Intuit acquisition. My team and I were also experiencing annoying technical issues.

Seth from S. Peek Paintin

New Subscriber

Great to start up. The sales rep that set me up with demo and over the phone demonstration and Q&A was more than helpful.

Pros

As the administrator it is much easier and more streamline than the previous time keeping software we use. Job costing and hours tracking are much more intuitive than Tsheets was.

Cons

Nothing was too difficult to integrate. I would say the one thing lacking (although maybe I have not figured it out) is being able to change employee timesheets and schedule on the mobile version.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Other Painting contractors in my Coaching group around the country have been using clockshark for a while and recommended it.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Thseets was going through a series of glitches for about a month. Creating schedules and hours tracking were a pain and I had a lot of complaints from employees regarding mobile functionality and map issues for jobs over the course of a year.

Alla from Tryzub Tower Services, LLC

from Tryzub

Like it from Admin side and our employees are giving positive feedbacks as well

Pros

user-friendly, has a lot of useful features

Cons

would very helpful to make required selfies from the employee who is doing log-in, log-out and also make GEO based on coordinates, not the job address

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

TSheets is very complicated and custom integration is needed. For our company size that was waste of time and money

oleg from Symphony Kitchens Inc.

Industry: Furniture

This is amazing software. I totally love it. It saves a ton of time and makes it much easier to trac

Amazing

Pros

Easy to use and the whole team loves it. It was easy to implement

Cons

It's amazing for payroll and project time tracking just lacking project management and overall project tracking

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

It's simpler and less expensive. But its lacking all the capabilities co-construct has which we are trying out at the moment

Response from ClockShark

Replied March 2021

Hi Oleg! Thank you so much for the 5 star review and positive feedback! I'm so happy to hear that the implementation was easy and your team loves it! Depending on what you're looking to do for project tracking, we do have many of the Co-construct capabilities: communication on the job/customer, photo/file uploads, and the integration for payroll! We are currently working on adding quotes, invoices, and payments so keep a lookout! This should be released soon. Give us a call at 1-800-828-0689 or chat in and we can elaborate and figure out the best way we can help your business!

Erin from Southern Pine Construction

Great software so far!

Overall, we love this app!

Pros

I love the GPS tracking feature, it has been so helpful in keeping track of man hours! Having a foreman able to clock employees in from their phone is great, too.

Cons

I would love to more easily see the dollar amounts earned per week per employee on the timesheets. For example, when I'm looking at the weekly timesheet, it would be great if there was a $ amount visible on that page. $ earned per day per job, and a running total for the week per employee/per job.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

We originally decided to switch from Clockify to use ClockShark's GPS tracking features.

Steele from mellum construction

Good product

Pros

I like how I am able to see the times add up throughout the week and match sure employees stay in similar hour range.

Cons

I wish there was a way to group employees on a team/crew this would make it easier to keep track of hours. Also, i wish there was a way to clock into customers and then the job because we could have 20 jobs on the list and it would make it easier if you had a customer option to organize them. Tsheets has this feature and i really enjoyed it.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

employees profiles were crashing and poor customer support

Molly from Connect Technology Group

Great product

Overall experience has been great. Great price point, great customer service. They are always evolving and that is what keeps us here. They are willing to make adjustments based on the ever change environment and needs of their customers.

Pros

Customer service is beyond fantastic! The team really cares about the feedback and suggestions they receive and do their best to implement as much as they can. The simplicity to the user is great as we have technicians that need things to be quick and simple. Reports have come along way in the past year. They give a lot of information and you are able to customize them a bit more now. Implementation is quick and easy. Works amazingly well with QuickBooks and other similar software.

Cons

There are some changes I would make personally to fit our needs. There isn't any real cons with Clockshark honestly. It does what we need it to do and the things it doesn't are simply requests we'd like to see to fit us better as a company.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

We liked the fact that ClockShark would would seamlessly with QuickBooks and we did not need to change our software completely. It was also the right price point for us with the number of employees we had at the time.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

TSheets was not working back then on a mobile app and it was too complicated for our technicians.

Response from ClockShark

Replied July 2020

Hi Molly! Thank you for the review. So glad to hear our customer support team was able to help you in the past. That's great that your technicians can get their work completed faster with ClockShark. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Jessica from Thompson Excavating Inc.

Awesome Product for the Construction Industry

Overall I fee this product is wonderful! It has almost everything that we need for what we do in the Excavation, Demolition & Underground Utilities portion of the Construction industry that we are in. I looked and A LOT of different time keeping products and even used the free trials on a few... I am so happy that I ended up choosing this product in the end!

Pros

I like that this product was easy to set-up and my employees (who have had trouble with other timecard apps in the past) find it very easy to use and understand. I really like all of the customizations that I can do and the reports really help me see where my employee's time is being spent in greater detail. I love all of the different reports that can be accessed. This product definitely has great value for the money! It is exactly what we needed for our construction crews!!

Cons

Trying to figure out which report does what can be a little confusing. I think the better report descriptions and maybe a quick example to look at before choosing/downloading would be beneficial. While there is gps or geolocating, I would find it very useful to have the employees be able to clock in under one job, but have it notify me if they employee clocked in outside of that location for specific job tasks. For example, if I have an employee clocked in under job "A" as "driving" out the job, I know they are outside of the boundaries, however, when the switch tasks to "Laborer" I want to know if they are within a specific radius/boundary for that same job "A". Especially since my employees get paid significantly different between the two tasks... I would like to automatically be notified if they are where they say they are supposed to be for that task.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

The pricing was very high and my employees just couldn't figure out how to use the product correctly.

Response from ClockShark

Replied May 2020

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you LOVE that you can customize your reports and how easy it is to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Keri from Appalachian Renewable Power Systems

What a Difference!

We're getting a much better overall picture of the time used. I began seeing a general pattern in travel times to and from the jobs. Time going to a job was consistently longer than coming home. Turns out they were stopping to pick up parts along the way. While one guy went into the supply house, three more were sitting in the truck. Processes were put in place to eliminate the need for the stop.

Pros

Simple setup, easy to use by crew and for me the best part is that it actually calculates the overtime.

Cons

As a construction company, we often use multiple rates for the same guy. First of all, they all make different rates depending on their skills and time with the company. Second, they make less to ride in the truck than they do when they're onsite. It would be awesome if this could somehow be factored in.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

I was exploring several options, but honestly what sealed the deal was my interactions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She set me up with the free trial, but then it took me almost a month before I got a chance to look into it further. I explained my situation, and she didn't hound me about it. When I was ready, she was there for me. She didn't pressure me into making a decision immediately. She helped me understand how it would fit with our operation, let me digest how best to use it, then followed up to answer my second round of questions and offer some final pointers. I wish every sales person was as patient as she was! She's my favorite Shark!

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

I had several guys who weren't able to get their time input in timecamp and it didn't calculate overtime.

Response from ClockShark

Replied May 2020

Hello Keri, Thank you for the 5-star review! So glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your team to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Erin from Universall Home Health Care, LLC

Clock Shark has been a very positive and useful asset to our agency. The GPS function is aces!

Clock Shark allows the employees within my agency to clock in and out for their shifts easily and with a GPS time stamp that assists the Admin users to do audits on the employees. As an HR Manager the 'Reports' function within Clock Shark for Admin users is super beneficial in assisting me to complete both my bi-weekly and monthly payroll as it allows me to input a custom range of dates to pull up reports. Being able to select which employees and which dates I need reports on saves time and headaches as I am easily able to complete my Payroll in an hour compared to 6 hours when our agency used written time sheets.

Pros

I like the GPS function so that our supervisors can keep track of where and when employees are clocking in and out from their shifts. This feature has helped us in solving more time theft instances than I'm happy to admit. As the HR Manager, I also love the 'Reports' feature. This makes my Payroll day so much easier.

Cons

There are some features of Clock Shark that I wish were different. These features do not hinder my ability to complete my job so I don't wish to complain about them. For the sake of this review I will list just 1 feature I wish was different (to be fair I have never told the Clock Shark Admin about my frustrations so they can't fix what they don't know). The feature I do not like or wish was different is the 'Notes" section within each punch. It needs to allow for more room to write as we use ours to list our daily tasks at the end of each shift before clocking out and I run out of character room each day. I would also like a feature to differentiate the text bubbles on the time sheets from our task lists and actual punches that need to be fixed for employees. Maybe a different color? It's time-consuming to go in and look at every employee's text bubbles just to find punches that need to be fixed within all of the daily task lists.

Donna from Kitchen Places, Inc.

Frustration with time & attendance for a small business

I use Clock Shark's time & attendance software for our hourly & salaried employees in the office & field (not commissioned sales personnel). My search for finding this software was a result of being frustrated from an administrative standpoint of dealing with the paper timesheet for many years. No matter what changes I would implement to make procedures more stream-lined, it was difficult to get the results I wanted. Over the course of several years, I had researched and found many time & attendance software systems which would accommodate our needs. However, the costs for the software and maintenance were not feasible for a company our size - small. In 2015 I finally found Clock Shark that met my criteria - affordable, intuitive for the end user, receive timesheets on time to meet payroll, and job-costed correctly 98% of the time. I also discovered that the bonus of this software app was it integrated with Quickbooks payroll and has the capability to GPS track. After a few weeks of test runs with the app last October, I implemented the software on Jan 1 of this year. While there were some minor hiccups at the transition to this new system (mostly user errors), overall it performed well and eliminated most of my administrative frustrations dealing with the timesheet. The by-product of transitioning to this system was that it held everyone accountable and lowered our payroll costs. Since implementing the software, it has made my life easier for payroll and job costing purposes. The other unseen benefit is the ability to check on where your employees are or what they are working on while you are out of the office anywhere in the world that has internet service. It proved to work well when I traveled to Europe this summer. Even though we have a good staff and trust them, I was curious to see what would happen while I was out of town. I quit looking after a few days when I realized everyone was being held accountable to the time & attendance software. And even if I never did look, I had the ability to look at the time clock punch entries at a later time if something was questionable. I'm getting close to a year of using this software app, and overall it has taken away a lot of frustration I was experiencing with timesheets. I've been very happy with Clock Shark overall.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, job cost tracking

Angel from Iowa's All Season HTG & CLG

My Rewview

Overall works great for our line of work my techs are able to log in every time keeps a clean record of the hours worked easy to approve the time.

Pros

Since we had technicians I need to know where they are all the time I like the fact that it will show me the entire route for the day.

Cons

The GPS does not give me an update per minute on the same day.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Some of them were overpriced and require a year subscription and they would deduct on a monthly basis and if I cancel they would prorate it and return the difference. The other did not have a good GPS program and would not record the entire day if they ever lost their internet on the phone.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

My techs were having problems not able to log in, some of my techs had to reset their password every week and every time I called tech support they could not find the problem or they would create a ticket to have a more season tech review and no one ever got back to us.

Response from ClockShark

Replied June 2020

Hi Angel! We appreciate the review. Glad to hear that you enjoy ClockShark's GPSTrak feature to see where your employees are at during the day. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Jason from Line Finders Ltd.

Industry: Oil & Energy

The Game Changing App

It has been a game changer. And I dont say this lightly. To be quick view 2-3 weeks ago, on a certain employee or job, is so useful. Also the vacation requests feature is so practical for me. I was struggling to keep it all straight - who/when/how many days requested. That was a task!! Now once approved, I can look ahead at approved vacation requests and take into account when scheduling. Also, its keeps both parties honest. If there wasn't a vacation request sent, then the employee didnt "ask" for the time off and it makes less awkward when you get a conflict related to that time off request.

Pros

Being able to track/record the hours worked by each of my employees has been a great tool. And in different task categories is also useful as it relates to different parts of the invoice process with my customers. Now I dont have to text/email every time I am uncertain about something during their work day. (ex. How many hours on this job, how many hours doing this task, how many hours spent driving between jobs, etc etc)

Cons

I have been inquiring if the development team could come out with some kind of trackable unit. In our case, I'd like the crew lead to be able to enter km for each job and maybe a total for the day. Then I can know what to bill to the client and I'd know what the employee gets compensated for. I just used mileage as an example. It could be supplies used or whatever - to suit whatever the vendor uses for materials, etc. For the interim, my crew leads just enter comments. However, this doesnt transfer over to the timesheet summaries. So it creates a little more work on the management side.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Clockshark seemed most suitable for what our team was looking for. If a couple extra features were developed, it would be pretty much perfect for what we required to take our service to the next level.

Response from ClockShark

Replied December 2020

Hi Jason! This is great news! We really appreciate your positive, thorough review! By the sounds of it, you will really love the conversations feature we just released! I'm really happy to hear that ClockShark is helping with so many aspects of your business and we appreciate your feedback! Thank you again!

Leslie from Melvin Mills Roofing

Straightforward time clock software with easy-to-use app

Saves us money and streamlined our timesheet process, plus integrates with our accounting/payroll software for more specificity in job costing.

Pros

It integrates with Quickbooks! It saves us a lot of staff hours to not have to manually enter time on each employee each week. This is especially true since we have to tie nearly all staff hours directly to the customer and job they were working on, which often is multiple jobs per employee per day. The app is easy to use, so our crew leaders are able to make sure their crew clocks in and out on the job, even when they're on the go and running from one job to another.

Cons

It took a little while to get everything set up just right so that ClockShark would work with all of our other systems and processes, but customer service was helpful and responsive through the process. Once we got it set up right, it's been smooth sailing. Definitely saves us money overall and helps us keep job costing reports accurate since all staff hours can be tied directly to the job they were working on.

Response from ClockShark

Replied April 2018

Hey, Leslie! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with ClockShark here on Capterra! Glad to hear everything is going so well, and that you're saving time and money using automated time tracking w/ QuickBooks! We'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our Customer Success team. They'll appreciate your shout out, and of course, they're always happy to help if you need them. :) Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Leslie! Have a wonderful rest of your day! -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Jessica from Richie Rich Services

Best Software for Any Company!

This solved my time tracking issues with my staff, its easy to use and very efficient. Scheduling jobs has also been easy and great using this software.

Pros

The product is easy to use and has multi purpose features for customizing your needs. I love the hour to minute time tracking as other apps I've used has decimals to minutes that confuse my staff. Additionally I love that you are able to add pictures along with clock in/out, helps greatly with tracking and record keeping.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software, its amazing!

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

It had easier use, better features, better customize options and a better price.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

I was unable to customize the use of ximble with my company's needs and they do not have the option of hour to minute time tracking which was causing issues with my staff and understanding.

Response from ClockShark

Replied July 2020

Hi Jessica, Thanks for the 5/5 star review! So glad to hear that you are enjoying the many features that ClockShark has to offer, such as the GPSTrak Feature. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Randall from Venture Companies

Weekly Payroll Simplified!!!

ClockShark has saved our company $1000's of dollars due to the GPS and Geo Fencing feature. No more milking the clock.

Pros

Ease of use. Being able to add tasks for certain jobs instead of creating a new job for the same property. PTO Feature is really nice, eliminates endless paperwork and phone calls. Accountability, keeps the employees on task.

Cons

Would be nice to have a real time ping feature rather than a 15 minute update.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Price, Features, usability and customer service is TOP NOTCH.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Response from ClockShark

Replied April 2020

Hello Randall, Thank you for your 5/5 star review. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the many features that ClockShark has to offer, such as the PTO feature. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Tom from ACP Contracting

We love ClockShark

We have been using it for years because it works, the workers get reminders to clock in and ou, edits are easy, can see what's going on out there in a glance.

Pros

we use different tasks for each job, i like this feature, we are a prevailing wage contractor and need to track hours from county to county so we use many tasks. Also like the budgeted hours, as we get notified when close t our budget on a particular job. The geo fence is great also.

Cons

When choosing tasks for different jobs, they should be listed in alphabetical order and after choosing one, on the next it should go to the list were you left off. not always the top of the list. we have many tasks and its a lot of scrolling. Notification choses can be more detailed. We have guys that pick up materials or leave from the shop on certain jobs it it makes for to many out of bounds notification.

Response from ClockShark

Replied January 2021

Hi Tom! Thank you for taking the time to leave an awesome review! This is great feedback! As far as your tasks--they should be in alphabetical order! Sometimes if there is a space in front of the name, it counts as a character and can throw the order off. You can also adjust the mobile settings to list fewer/more recent tasks :) Same with notifications! On the mobile side anyone can set up a customized reminder under "employee reminders"! We can also limit the amount of job/tasks employees can see with access controls ! I would be more than happy to go over some of these options with you or you can reach out to support at 1-800-828-0689 Feel free to chat/call in and we can definitely help!

Keiko from Pro Co Painting

Pro Co Painting - ClockShark Review

AMAZING! The software is incredible and so is their customer support. If there is ever any new features, questions or changes a team member from ClockShark is readily available to describe and help. The software is reliable, user friendly and affordable. We love ClockShark and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a scheduling or time tracking software.

Pros

Our favourite part about the software is the scheduling app and time tracking. We use it for all of our employees to ensure they know their schedules, where their job sites and that they get paid properly.

Cons

ClockShark is continuously improving, there is nothing I dislike about ClockShark.

Overall product offerings

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Need of a better scheduling app

Response from ClockShark

Replied November 2020

Hi Keiko! Thank you so much for the glowing 5-star review! I'm happy to know the scheduling, timetracking and customer support have been so helpful. It's always a pleasure seeing your name in these reviews, it means we're doing something right. Thank you for your continued support, we appreciate you and your company to the max!

David from Professional Legal Services & Investigations, LLC

I have tried several different time trackers since I opened my business and this is the best.

The ability to easily track employee hours. They can add notes and even attachments when using the app. The software works with Quickbooks and makes it easy to export time sheets directly into Quickbooks.

Pros

I like the ability to designate which jobs different employees can access. The software has gotten better over time and the owner/developer is very responsive and obviously cares about the quality of their product. They continually ask what users want to see added and have instituted changes I (and many others) asked for. Employees are reminding to clock in and out when they hit designated geofences. I use this for my office staff as well as my investigators who work in the field.

Cons

I really don't have any issues with this software. Maybe the ability for the software to text message reminders as well as send push notifications would be nice.

Response from ClockShark

Replied January 2018

Hey, David. Thanks for sharing your review of ClockShark here on Capterra. It's the perfect forum for sharing what you'd like to see added to the product, and we love your feedback. The suggestion to have a text message reminder is one we get frequently, so I'll add your support to that idea in our Voting Page so it can get more traction. I love to hear that the GPS Fences are reminding employees to clock in and out from the field, and that you've noticed all the many improvements we're continually making to get ClockShark even better for you. We appreciate your letting us support your company. If you ever need anything, please let us know. All the best, David! -Morgan-

Sean from Rice's Renovation and Restoration

Ease of use at an easy price

Pros

I was trying to keep track of time for everyone with paper time sheets or emails--which, often fell to a low priority and daily tasks and actual time weren't be accounted for. In looking at various time tracking apps, I actually stumbled across ClockShark. Right from the beginning, it was intuitive and user friendly, and it was easy to add jobs and tasks on the fly from my phone, which then populated those tasks as something to choose on ANY job, which is super useful as a renovation contractor. Being a small company, I wear many hats in the office and on job sites--I do it all and do not have ANY office staff other than myself. Having a program that was so quick and easy to implement, as well as easy to manage daily as needed without spending a lot of time on the task, has made my life exceedingly less difficult.

Cons

I probably don't use the software to the fullest extent, so I am sure there is something that may come up later--but right now, adding users is a bit more of a pain than I would like.. but even then, that's pretty easy.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Price and saw how easy and intuitive it was during the free trial.

Response from ClockShark

Replied June 2020

Hello Sean, Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that ClockShark took some of the stress away that you have as a small business owner. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Haley from Vintage South Construction Co

Love it!

I love Clockshark. They are always on top of their customer service and I feel cared for and valued as a customer any time I come to them with any questions or concerns whatsoever. I have never seen this level of customer support from any other company, which only reinforces our decision to go with them in the first place! It was exactly what we needed and were looking for!

Pros

I love this software because it consolidates the time/payroll keeping process. It simplifies something that can get really overwhelming and helps us to keep a closer eye on what jobs to bill for labor! It's awesome. We love it.

Cons

The only thing about it is the phone app - I would like to see some upgrades to the app! It looks different on the Boss's phone and both of our employees phones too. For younger folks who grew up in the technological world it seems simple, but for someone who did not it can get confusing. I would just like to see the phone app streamlined a little bit!

Response from ClockShark

Replied August 2018

Hey There, Haley! I'm kind of a numbers nerd, and I counted that you used the word "love" 4x in your review. We LOVE to hear that! So glad to know that ClockShark keeps things from getting overwhelming, and allows you to better track hours and keep billing accurate. We work hard so that you will love ClockShark, and we're mega glad that you do. Also, thanks for the feedback on the mobile app. Our development team is sprucing up the experience in the app, so you should see some streamlined features soon that make using it even easier. :) We're really thrilled to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Haley! I'll be sure to pass along your appreciation to the Customer Success team. Never be shy about reaching out to them with questions, or if you just want to talk to the friendliest sharks in the world. Have a great weekend, Haley! -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Andy from NTL

ClockShark is a great product!

Overall, ClockShark is a huge benefit to our company. It helps us to track the employee hours as well as their locations (in real time). It eliminates the need for paper copies of timesheets, which can be hard to decipher at times and, in all honestly, tough to prove accuracy. The foremen are able to see which workers have clocked-in correctly to their worksites, with the ability to allocate hours to certain job numbers for accounting purposes and job costing. Without ClockShark, we would still be doing things inefficiently and inaccurately.

Pros

I love how I can clock-in/out from anywhere using my cell phone! This app provides total freedom from having to use a punch clock located in a specific location, or filling out paperwork on a daily basis to keep my hours up to date. The ClockShark app keeps accurate records that I can reference at any time, including past timesheets if needed.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about my personal experience with ClockShark. If I absolutely had to think of something, I suppose it would be beneficial for someone like me if there was an auto clock-in feature because I start at the same time every day. This way if I happened to forget about clocking in, it could do it for me and then let me know that I was clocked-in with an alert from the app.

Andrei from BWC Windows

Not bad, could be better

We're just discovering the possibilities the software has to offer. Using it for merely one month just to have some control on our window fitters whereabouts and labour hours. We're now trying to see if we can use the reports feature to help us make lists with the notes (including pictures) about various issues encountered on sites or job completion reports (also with pictures included) - we wouldn't like to use a different software for this. We used one in the past but it didn't have the timesheet feature. Hope we can use the Shark for both operations.

Pros

Can see where our window fitters are working during the play day.

Cons

The tracking (play button) is randomly active for random workers, so it is hard to approve some timesheets because they might clock in or out in different places than the actual building site where they are supposed to do it. So they can cheat on working hours and get away with it. :P

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

One of our site managers dug up online for a time tracking app and found this one after a few failed attempts. Guess it was purely by chance and decided to give it a go. Btw, one week trial period is not enough to clearly see if the system suits your needs. We're having roughly one month now since we're using it and don't know yet what else we can use it for apart from tracking locations and timings for our window fitters.

Response from ClockShark

Replied October 2020

Hi Andrei! I appreciate the thorough and positive review! Happy to hear you're able to track your guys on the field better now. For the GPSTrak icon-- I would definately reach out to the Support team! This is typically a very simple settings fix. You can chat in, email or give them a call at 1-800-828-0689. The two week trial tends to be enough time for most of our customers, however if you think you need more time when in your trial, we can connect you to your onboarding specialist and they can demo the product based off your companies needs to show you the features you might find most useful. We also don't mind extending the trial in special cases :) Feel free to reach us anytime-- we're here to help!

Tara from Capone Construction Inc

Good Construction Time Clock, easy to use with great customer support.

Everyone can clock in/out from their own phones and since there is GPS you can see exactly where they are when they do to prevent fraud. This software makes it easier than using traditional time clocks or paper since employees are always going to different job sites with construction.

Pros

I like the app and how easy it is to use for all employees. They are always making updates and now you can link. ClockShark to QuickBooks. The customer support is great, it's very easy to start an online chat and get help. I think it is easy for most people to learn and the admin features are not complicated either. The price is also lower than most that I have researched!

Cons

The app does not run as well on older phones, it used to sometimes have issues allowing employees to clock in or out that had phones that were more than a few years old.

Response from ClockShark

Replied August 2018

Hey There, Tara! Thanks for sharing your experience with ClockShark here on Capterra! We're really happy to hear that ClockShark is easy to use for your team, and that the QuickBooks integration has been helpful too! We're always adding new features, so we'll keep you updated on those! Glad to have you on board the ClockShark team, Tara! If you ever have any questions, suggestions, or you just want to chat with sociable sharks, feel free to reach out! Have an excellent week! -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Justin from Cascade Home Improvement

Clockshark has taken the paper waste and time out of our payroll and streamlined the whole process!!

Easy hours and job tracking for the whole company. Billing has been streamlined and insurance needs are easy to assess. Payroll is now easy to verify and check periodically. This software has also greatly increased our flexibility as employees can go straight to the job site and clock in on their device.

Pros

Being able to track each employee digitally is huge, but the biggest issue for our company is the accountibility to track each hour to a specific job which in turn saves us thousands annually in insurance costs. With ClockShark we are able to track who worked what job and when, which allows us to only pay insurance premiums when we actually use and need it versus being charged for the year in the most expensive bracket they can put us in.

Cons

Not being able to turn off the GPS tracking from the administrative side of it. The GPS tracking function is helpful at times, but if always left on it drains the device battery nearly instantly. To circumvent this, every one of our employees must go into their settings and specifically disable the GPS for it on their phones. Our less than tech savey employees have struggled with this.

Response from ClockShark

Replied January 2018

Hey there, Justin :) By George, that's great to hear that using ClockShark has resulted in instant savings and accountability for your company. You might be one of our first customers who's shared the impact using ClockShark has had on insurance payments. Saving thousands annually: how fantastic! Keep us in the loop on all good things you keep noticing. And that's a great observation about the GPS. In each employee's profile in ClockShark, you can disable the requirement for GPS Trak and GPS Location Services, but employees should also disable it in their device. Where to do that in a device isn't always readily clear, so if any of your employees need help finding that, feel free to let us know. Our customer success team is always ready to help. :) Payroll, billing, hours-tracking: thanks for sharing all the things ClockShark has helped out with, Justin. Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team. Have an excellent rest of you day!

Kayla from Kayler Plumbing and Electric

ClockShark in the Workplace

Clock shark is very easy for companies who are more geared towards using electronics. My company uses iPads for everything so clocking in on your phone every day just makes sense.

Pros

Using ClockShark is incredibly easy. I love that our employees can edit their own time if they have forgotten to clock out. It’s also incredibly helpful that you can leave notes for each clock in. In my industry where I have technicians riding in different vehicles daily, the notes feature really helps me track my guys and know where they are for the day. I would definitely recommend to others.

Cons

I wish selecting a task when you clock in was auto saved.

Response from ClockShark

Replied March 2021

Hi Kayla! Thank you so much for the five star review! We're happy to hear that you and your employees love ClockShark. Thank you for your feedback! The tasks are not neccesarily autosaved but it should display the most recently used jobs/task at the very top so its fast to select! You can adjust your mobile settings to enable more recently used jobs if you'd like, by going to the left pop out menu > settings > listing sort & recent items > then adjust the recent items amount. If you're envisioning the auto-save to work a little differently we welcome your suggestion and you can reach out to product@clockshark.com to relay your idea directly to an engineer!

Anna from Aiello Plastering Inc

As administrator I'm happy with overall functionality but employees are having a hard time.

Job costing

Pros

We bought it primarily for job costing and tracking of where the crew is. We started out with everyone using it and now I have to constantly go in and edit everyone. A few of our guys got new phones and they don't remember their passwords to download app. I'm in the process of having another crew meeting to get everyone but on board. This is becoming very frustrating and taking a lot of my time because it's not being used like it should. That's no fault of the program but lack of communication with the crew. I'm considering having two foreman in charge of entering everyones time each day. I may need some help with training them on that!

Cons

Many areas in our county dont get cell service which messes up their times. Also, our crew is all hispanic and they don't understand the importance of clocking

Response from ClockShark

Replied March 2018

Hi there, Anna! So glad to hear that as the administrator, you're loving the app's features and the easy job costing. That's wonderful! :) Since you mentioned re-educating your employees on best practices within the ClockShark app, I wanted to share that we'd be happy to help you out with that. If you need any resources, have any questions, or just would like someone to cheer you on, feel free to give our Customer Success team a quick message at hello@clockshark.com. Of course, you're always welcome to give us a call too @ 1.800.828.0689. We're here to help! The CrewClock feature sounds perfect for the two foreman you plan to have enter employees' timesheets. So glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Anna! I hope you have a spectacular Wednesday! -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Kaity from Legacy Contractors, Inc

Wonderful!

Pros

This software is so easy to use! Trying to implement a new 'time sheet' process with sub contractors and employees can be incredibly difficult when they're used to doing something completely different. ClockShark has been a dream to implement and use. It has made my job processing payroll a hundred times easier. The schedule feature has made running our jobs smooth and easy to follow. We are really enjoying using the software!

Cons

The only issue we have had is miscommunications with support due to being charged for each 'employee'. Now that we understand completely all is well. We use sub contractors for the majority of our jobs, they do not use this software, but because we love the scheduling feature we had to enter each of our subs as an employee to be able to utilize them on the schedule- but only for our records. That was an issue for us, being charged for people to NOT use the software. However- it makes everything easier to be able to use the scheduling function that it is worth paying to be able to input our subs into the schedule.

Response from ClockShark

Replied June 2020

Hi Kaity, Thank you for the review! So glad to hear that ClockShark has made your job easier and you are enjoying the many features we have to offer. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Melanie from High Cascade Painting & Construction

One of the best business management tools we have

Pros

Easily track employee time, create time reports by employee or job. No more need to text an employee an address - it's on a Clockshark. No more unreadable or late time sheets. Time is tracked not only by job and location, but by task. This has enabled us to have more accurate billing on time and material jobs. We are also able run reports that show time for different activities, which helps with insurance reports. At any time of the day I can logon from my desk top and see a map of where our employees are working, and what time they clocked in. Clockshark is constantly updating features, adding to the value of the software.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with clocking in or out when employees are out of cell service. Most of the time, though, they are able to update their time once they are back in service. It would be nice to have OT hours in a separate line item on job reports. One of the best things about Clockshark is the customer service. Think of your very worst customer service experience with other software (Quickbooks, for example) and then imagine the polar opposite -- that's Clockshark. Every so often there are user suggestions that we are able to vote on, and Clockshark has implemented many of these since we began using the software.

Makeila from NorthStar Restoration Services

Industry: Environmental Services

More Pros Than Cons

Pros

There are a lot of pros with using the ClockShark app. Once you get the hang of using it for a couple of days, it is very easy to understand. It is an app that is easy to teach others how to use. It does not have a lot of malfunctions, and the support team is always there when needed. When I review people's times everyday, it is very organized. When I am looking for specific jobs or employees, I can run a report and it will tell me what I need, which is SO AWESOME and SUPER HELPFUL. Highly recommend taking advantage of the reports section.

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons for this software. Sometimes when an employee clocks out, there are times when ClockShark doesn't catch it and gives an error after 20ish hours.

Response from ClockShark

Replied July 2020

Hi Makeila, Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear that you enjoy everything about ClockShark from the ease of use to our customer service. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Alana from Super Women Home Services Ltd.

Industry: Facilities Services

Great software for running a business!

So far our experience with ClockShark has been great and we are continuing to grow and learn with the software. We are very new at using ClockShark but so far it has saved me a lot of time in regards to calculating payroll hours and tracking employee clock in and out times. The schedule also works great for us as we have multiple employees working at multiple warehouses. Overall it's been a great experience and customer service with ClockShark is always on point. Their team members are helpful and quick to answer any issues. I love the chat option available on ClockShark, you get immediate responses instead of having to call or email someone. (Great feature!)

Pros

This software is very easy to use and adjust to. It didn't take much time at all to get all of our employees set up with the ClockShark app and so far it has been a great experience and saving us lots of time with tracking employee hours.

Cons

Sometimes I notice the app will glitch a bit. For example, when I check to see Who's working now option under the app, it does not always show me the employees at their location even though they clocked in on time. I have tried syncing and then checking again, but same issue. When logged onto ClockShark on my desktop computer, I have no issues at all. Overall the app works great.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

ClockShark was referred to us so we decided to give the trial a go! After 1 week of the trial run, we loved it and knew right away this would benefit us as a company. Happy we made that decision!

Response from ClockShark

Replied June 2020

Hello Alana, Thanks for the review! Happy to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your employees to use, and has saved you lots of time. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Cliff from Alma Creamery

Industry: Food Production

Time Cards to Digital

The CONS mentioned above are mostly inconveniences, therefore our overall experience has been positive and that I foresee continuing to use the ClockShark system moving forward.

Pros

Who's working and immediate recognition of hours completed is Great! The ability for me to visit Vendors, Suppliers or Customers and still know what staff has arrived and when they arrived is extremely helpful. Our weekly time sheet tabulation has been reduced by several hours. We also have some employees that are hired from a Temp Agency and ClockShark has simplified our weekly reporting to them.

Cons

Transitioning from the traditional time card system into ClockShark was a little more challenging that originally anticipated, but after a month of utilization our Staff are adopting and adapting. It would be nice to have the flexibility to rename some activities, such as "Lunch" versus "Break". Our 30 minute lunch breaks are unpaid, while our 10 minute morning and afternoon breaks are paid. Staff inadvertently selects the wrong one which causes downstream work for Admin personnel. We've chosen not to utilize the "Mobile" function as all of our hourly employees must report to the plant. It would be nice to deactivate the "Clock In" and "Clock Out" feature, but they do appreciate the ability to see schedules and other features. I'm still unsure about ClockShark's billing. Our hourly staff turnover is relatively high and getting charged for a month of services for a person who left after three days seems costly. I've yet to contact ClockShark but in the past they have been very good to work with, so I'm hopeful there is a workaround that I'm not aware of as of yet.

Response from ClockShark

Replied December 2020

Hi Cliff! Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! I'm happy to hear that the Who's working now page is helpful and we're saving you more time to dedicate to your business! That is great feedback and I would be happy to let our product team know of your suggestions! If you run into any issues please reach out to Support at 1-800-828-0689 (or chat/email in) and we can help smooth over any inconveniences you run into! Thank you again for your review!

Scott from Corbar Companies, LLC

Sure beats paper timecards

We are a small construction company, and have been using ClockShark for a little over a year and a half now. It has been great, from the GPS location, to the job and task costing that we are able to do thanks to the reports we can generate from the system. This is a very powerful timekeeping tool, and it has paid for itself many times over every month by removing the time rounding that goes on with paper timecards. Our crews are much more mindful of their lunch breaks as well. Highly recommend this product. Cliff and the support staff have been a pleasure to work with as well.

Pros

Ease of use. Positioning that can be seen on the dashboard.

Cons

A few report formats I would like to see changed in how they calculate, but that can be easily adapted by running reports in a different manner.

Response from ClockShark

Replied January 2018

Hi, Scott. Thanks so much for sharing about your ClockShark experience. We've really enjoyed supporting your business over the years, and we're happy that using ClockShark has led to such facile time tracking and increased employee accountability. You said "it pays for itself": that's a beautiful image. :) We are always improving, so we'll consider your input on the reports for a future update. If there's ever anything you need help with, just let us know. Have a happy year, Scott! -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Charles from Patrick's Residential Management

8 Reasons to use ClockShark!

When I left my last company (contractor), the only thing I brought with me to my new company was ClockShark. We just finished our first payroll and billing cycle using ClockShark at my new company (property management) and it was: 1. Easy to setup and train employees on app - no more paper timesheets, no more late timesheets, no more inaccurate timesheets. 2. A breeze to connect to QuickBooks - no more data entry, only minor manipulation once entered. 3. Efficient - our billing and payroll is based on exact hours entered vs. rounded manual timesheets. 4. Accurate - no glitches in reporting or in the app. 5. Cost effective - the price point is very reasonable. 6. Easy to maintain - if a new job starts, it may take 20 seconds to set it up. 7. GPS - know where your employees are and the GPS Fence reminds them to update their time clock when they leave one job and move to the next. Most importantly, 8. The best support staff - Kevin, Luke and Cliff will spend time with you to insure you are set up correctly and the product does what you need it to do. They also ask for suggestions to make it better and actually act on those suggestions. I would recommend this product to any company that has multiple jobs and multiple employees to manage in those jobs. It does the trick and then some. Thanks ClockShark!

Pros

Read the review - all pros are there

Cons

no cons at this point

John from Code Red Security

Industry: Security and Investigations

Finally my workers and I agree on a solution - this works!!

I'm still learning about the Reports... but, they seem to be pretty good. I can use these to export all of my T&M work and be able to report by job name, and then I get totals which I can put on the invoice. The "notes" are really good. They print out on the reports too.

Pros

Quick deployment, easy to add jobs, add tasks, see who is working, and when they get there, GPS integration. I did NO training whatsoever and my employees all got it easily (ages between 35 and 75). Overall this has worked nicely, being able to see the interface and everything is pretty nice and I like using it. I currently have it set to take their GPS location when they clock in, and again when they clock out. Not actively tracking them all day, however, the GeoFence is something I would likely use going forward, to see if anyone leaves the job site and does not report their time off site. Feature-rich!!

Cons

Could use more reminders, it does send them though, but people still forget to clock out or take lunch. The "attach photos" link does not always work inside the app. It won't attach existing photos, but it will upload new photos from the camera.

Response from ClockShark

Replied August 2020

Hi John! Thank you for your thorough 5 star review! I'm glad everything is working smoothly for you and your employees. We appreciate the feedback! I can absolutely submit it to the developers, but I believe this is something we might provide in the future! In the meantime, for lunch break reminders employees can set their own customized alarms right from the mobile app (left pop out menu> settings> employee reminders). The photos can be due to a few different settings on the device, and it's usually an easy fix! I would be more than happy to help you get this resolved. Feel free to reach out to 1-800-828-0689. We look forward to hearing from you!

David from Grandall and Engen LLC

Industry: Music

My staff practiced for one pay period (2 weeks) before going live right after Christmas

More accurate job tracking/costing; easier payroll processing; ability to go back and review data; numerous slice and dice reports.

Pros

As president, I do payroll. The ClockShark reports make that task far easier than the spreadsheet I used to use. Last week (first week of a pay period) I noted that one of the jobs had way too many hours. Another report directed me to who it was that had misunderstood. I now need to manually redirect his time to the proper job so our job accounting is correct.

Cons

Personally, I'm finding it hard to remember to punch in and out. I've not worked a time-clock job since 1983, so it's an old habit I'm finding difficult to resurrect. I've had no complaints from the staff. One person does not have a smart phone, so she must enter time from her home computer. I needed to give her a little bit of admin access in order to do this, but it's not been a problem.

Response from ClockShark

Replied January 2018

Hi, David :) Thanks for testifying to all of the immediate benefits you've had after using ClockShark for just a couple of months. We love to hear that ClockShark has helped you with your payroll process and its accuracy. What a great story about being able to find the error in the hours and correct it before cutting the checks! We're glad that the staff are enjoying using it, and that you were able to use the "Manager Permissions" to accommodate your employee who doesn't have a smart phone. That's exactly how to use those permissions. :) If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know. You mentioned sometimes forgetting to clock in/out, and we'd love to show you some of the reminders available in ClockShark that can help with that. (Not that you'll need them forever: you're going no have that old habit resurrected in no time!) Welcome to the ClockShark team, David. We're here to help your business, so just let us know what we can do. Have a tremendous day!

Mireille from Michanie Construction Inc

Amazing product

Great customer service, we did request changes to some modules.

Pros

Scheduling is intergrated with the timesheet module which makes our life alot simpler! Our workers don`t have to contact the office to see where they are going next. GPS makes it easier to track and we don`t need to request weekly timesheets now! It was quite an improvement for our business!

Cons

Job creation button can only be found on the administrator side on the web version. Jonas software merging not currently available, so we have to manipulate the data for the extraction. Current paid time off summary table that show current status is not available for management to see all employees easily .

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

One price for entire package instead of pricing per module and request additional fees each time there is an upgrade. Flexibility to add and remove employees and automatic invoice adjustment. Option to pay yearly at discount. Scheduling module and timesheet module linked together.

Response from ClockShark

Replied June 2020

Hello Mireille, Thanks for the review! Glad to hear that ClockShark has been able to improve your business with the many features we have to offer. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Maria from Bulverde Glass, Inc.

Overall it's a positive experience, very helpful with any questions we may have.

Time tracking, job cost and GPS location had made our employees more accountable.

Pros

How easy payroll is due to the reporting and time tracking at the end of the week. Employees can no longer complain about the hours and time calculations since they're the ones in control.

Cons

Constant emails for every clock in and clock out. I wish it would generate a report in the morning and email that and then one in the after noon or end of day. This would cut down on the constant emails and with over 40 employees I get what seems like a hundred emails a day. It can be a little frustrating getting so many a day.

Response from ClockShark

Replied January 2018

Hi, Maria. :) Thanks for sharing about your positive experience with ClockShark so others can read about it! We love to hear that payroll is easier now because employees are accurately clocking their time from the app. I'm glad to hear that the GPS features have increased employee accountability too. That's wonderful! Regarding the emails (especially if you're receiving them for 40+ employees), they can get overwhelming. One thing that some of our customers try is creating a special email folder for all incoming messages from "ClockShark". This helps keep their inbox from running over. If you think this might work for you, and you have questions, feel free to let our Customer Success team now: they're happy to help! Thanks again for the review, and for being a part of the ClockShark frenzy! Have a wonderful rest of your day, Maria!

Jody from Rogers Lawn Care

ClockShark for Lawn Care Business

Very good with no glitches to speak of so far.

Pros

Easy to use. My guys are not good with computers but they can figure this out.

Cons

Integration with quickbooks can be a learning curve but do not hesitate to get in touch with their awesome support staff. They fixed me right up.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

costs and seemed easier to use. We are a field service so it worked better for us.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

My guys couldnt figure out how to use clockify.

Response from ClockShark

Replied May 2020

Hello Jody, Thanks for the 5-star review. So glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your employees to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Trista from Battle Mechanical

Plumbing Contractor Tested

We have liked the program very much. It has been very helpful in tracking our daily operations, from job to job, and between the employees. Overall it has helped us to be more accurate in tracking hours per employee for each job, so we have seen improvement in our time tracking for sure! Which also then helps in our invoicing to our customers.

Pros

It is easy to use and super quick with reporting and managing multiple employees.

Cons

I haven't found any thing to much wrong with the program. May the GPS is not always 100% accurate, but that feature is not a high priority for our company.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Cost and features that were available. We liked the simple, yet detailed features of ClockShark. And cost was right in the middle of the road between some of those options.

Response from ClockShark

Replied December 2020

Hi Trista! Thank you so much for the positive review! It's great to know that out of all the solutions you've tried, you're sticking with us! Happy to hear that we're providing a simple but detailed product thats helping your business :) If you decide to utilize the GPS, I encourage you to reach out to Support so we can help! The GPS should always be accurate and if you're running into issues, they are some device settings that can help with this. Thank you again and have a great day!

Leitreanna from Bath FItter

excellent!

Organization has improved, productivity has improved, and reports have been more accurate and faster.

Pros

I appreciate the ability to run reports per assignment. I also like that there is fencing on the location of the clock in for each employee. I am very fond of the ability to sort locations and ability to create locations as needed. The new feature of attaching documents within an assignment has saved lots of time. The ability to color code the assignments, locations, employees, etc., has helped me organize and prepare employees easily. I appreciate that I can delete employees and I do not loose the employee work history. The calendar is long so I can add work assignments out as far as I like and it will be accessible and organized.

Cons

I would like the ability to copy/paste an assignment such as Monday assignment copy - then paste to another day. In addition, I would like the ability to add a job while still in the scheduling mode. I have to go all the way to the job tab, set up the job and save, then sort back through to the correct calendar schedule to assign the job. Something that would help everyone would be a notes section. While thinking about adding jobs within the calendar area, adding an employee in the calendar area would help also.

George from Columbia

Customer Support is AWESOME. Super helpful !! Thanks !!

great way to keep tabs on who is clocking in and out on time. also for keeping track of job costs. Note section is a great tool too

Pros

your Customer Support is EXCELLENT. You guys are always there to solve any issues or help figure out an easier way. The fact your support is so easy, quick and EXCELLENT is such a HUGE BONUS for this program. We appreciate it and you guys !! THANK YOU

Cons

wish there was a way to set up the time reporting periods so it defaults to our pay periods. But other than that......... its awesome

Response from ClockShark

Replied March 2018

Hey there, George! We're so glad to hear that the Customer Support team has been so helpful as you've been using ClockShark! We'll be sure to pass along your praise to the WHOLE team. :) Since you mentioned changing report date ranges to match your pay periods, I wanted to share that you can enable pay periods in ClockShark. If you navigate to Admin > Company Settings, you can set your pay period there. Once you've enabled a pay period, you will see a new option when running reports: Last & Current pay periods. :) Will you let me know if that helps, George? Feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions. Happy to help! Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team. :) -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Matt from LPMG

Very positive response to clockshark

This software is great for understanding the effectiveness of your workforce and eliminating waste in labor costs, if given a minimum of attention. 5 or ten minutes a day of attention from one administrator has already saved my company lots of money.

Pros

I liked how simple yet effective it is. I basicly learned it through use, and am now administrating the coordination of a multi million dollar widespread construction and maintenance company with it. It is set up in a very streamlined intuitive fashion.

Cons

the integration of the gps while labor saving and very useful has a couple drawbacks, it can lead to inaccuruate clockouts if say an employee needs to turn off data to save energy.

Response from ClockShark

Replied August 2018

Hey There, Matt! Thanks for sharing your review of ClockShark here on Capterra! We're really delighted to hear that you've eliminated labor costs, and saved lots of money by using ClockShark. We design ClockShark to work exactly how construction companies work, so it's great to hear that it's been easy and intuitive to use. :) Regarding the GPS tracking, we do notice on some devices that disabling the GPS to save data can cause some hiccups. Mostly on older devices. If you ever witness anything curious, please just let our Customer Success team know @ hello@clockshark.com and we'd love to investigate for you. Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Matt! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week! -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Kevin from Low Voltage Installations, Inc.

Clockshark has greatly simplified our payroll process, saving hours of work each week.

We save time every week not having to chase down employee time cards. The values port directly into quickbooks, saving hours of administration time every pay period.

Pros

I like the fact that I can see a GPS breadcrumb on the map when an employee clocks in our out. Given that we have employees deployed all over the US, it makes it easy to see if everyone is where they should be when they should be. I have also always received immediate and helpful support when I run into snags. Clockshark is a great service supported by a great team!

Cons

The only negative I can think of is the Char limit of Jobs that map to Quickbooks. What I mean is that our jobs in QuickBooks have much more characters than the mobile app is capable of viewing. This can lead to confusion for the employees when there are multiple jobs for the same customer, but not enough characters are viewable to differentiate between them. That said, we have developed a paper-based workaround and I won't be a bit surprised when Clockshark Dev Team improves on the situation - they are constantly making improvements.

Jan from Countrywide Construction & Design, LLC

Great product, great service!

More accurate time tracking may have saved us money, but the main benefit stems from employees getting sloppier on keeping a hand-written time card. Now I don't have to keep my own record, re-create times, check their math, question their times, or manually input time into Quickbooks.

Pros

Where do I start? It allows us to track our employees' time to the minute, GPS tracking to verify employee times is great, the app is easy for them to use, it integrates with Quickbooks, and the service is above par. I can shoot any question over to them via chat, and they are always prompt, friendly, and helpful in guiding me to a fix. We've used other clock-in systems in the past, but this one is the best we've used.

Cons

Two or three times over the year we've been using the software, the crew has had an app glitch where they haven't been able to clock out or clock back in, but that's only 3 instances out of at least 600 clock-ins. It may have been due to reception/data issues, and they could still put in 'notes' stating when they took lunch or clocked in or out.

Tyler from Priority Equipment Rental

Priority Equipment Rental

I started using Clockshark to control overtime. Before my guys were using paper time sheets, and turning them in every two weeks. Now I have a real time view of my hours, and can make adjustments to schedules if needed. Also, I really like the Job feature. If we have billable work, I create a job, my guys sign into when working on that project, and I know exactly what to bill my customer. This has been a great product for us, and I think my team likes to use it rather than keeping track on paper.

Pros

That is mobile. My guys are always out and about, and I sometimes don't see them for a few days. Now I always know when they clocked in and for how long.

Cons

We sometimes have trouble with the phone app syncing and updating. I think this is probably true with any mobile app though.

Response from ClockShark

Replied January 2018

Hi, Tyler. Thanks so much for taking the time to share in detail about your ClockShark experience. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to mitigate unwarranted overtime, and bill work more accurately. It also sounds like your employees are enjoying the reliability of electronic timecards, instead of paper. We love to hear this. :) Regarding the syncing with the device, are you still noticing that? If so, feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team @ 1.800.828.0689, and we can troubleshoot that with you. Thanks for being a part of the ClockShark frenzy, Tyler. If you need anything, we're here to help. -Morgan-

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,178 reviews