• Pros

• "contains a lot of challenges organized by categories, and contains daily challenges, it is amazing web site to practice algorithm challenges"

• "Here is a ready-made tester that helps you solve the problem correctly"

• "It measures a full array of metrics aside from unit test performance. It's nice also to be able to run each unit test individually rather than as batch."

• Cons

• "lack some self evaluation tests. but still good"

• "Maybe add a 10 minutes left alert. Otherwise nothing else that I can think of."

• "It does take a slight while to set up, and is not immediate. Other platforms simply require clicking a link and starting almost immediately. "

Browse CodeSignal Reviews

Problem Solving never ends here

Pros

I always love to code in a tournament and 10 mins challenges with other users. I could see so much improvements in my presence of mind and problem solving skills. i would recommend this to all my friends as its a good productive diversion from our office work.I'm always having fun at programming with CodeSignal. CodeSignal is full of games of challenges. If one finds time everyday to solve/finish his daily tasks in CodeSignal, he will be mastered in problem solving.

Cons

I observed that same problems are repeated often in a short span. There are no problems related to image processing.

Raj Kumar from rahul informatics

signals that reaches where its needed

Problems/Exercise range is overpowering .You have a huge repositories . Initially i was not aware of trading your earn point to view solution and understand rationale and methods behind answers and that was a real bonus for me.My over all experience has been extremely good and i find myself spending more and more time at code signal. In fact its became like a habit , when ever i have leisure time i ends up visiting the site and i am sure i will have something new and good here for me.

Pros

Purpose of the software is to make you experience competitive environments in IT job markets in a very cooperative and understanding way.You earn points solving exercise- you can use these points to get across if you are struck at somewhere - which means it does not have to be the end for sojourn with this site. Site has some of the best brains in data structure and coding world - you can view their solution and learn a lot from them. Emphasis is not always use run of the mill procedure for solving a problem but prompts you to answer in a better ways , in a more productive way and that is the plus point of the site.

Cons

From my limited experience i have with this site i have nothing at the moment.

Dani from Computer Software

Not that good

I don't really liked it, got a lot of stress before my exam, sorry

Pros

I turned off my notifications, but still haven't been able to take a quiz, I had to call support, they made a video chat in zoom and only after that they allowed taking a quiz

Cons

It looks really secure and maybe it's a better way to do exams

An Actually Enjoyable Algorithms Platform

CodeSignal has become my de-facto platform for practicing algorithms, and it looks like more and more companies are taking to using the platform for applications as well.

Pros

Algorithms can be a slog to practice, but CodeSignal offers more features than its competitors that make it actually enjoyable to use. I appreciate the numerous game modes and guided tracks that CodeSignal offers. Combined with the gamified nature - leveling up and earning coins as you go - it's fun to work your way through problems on the platform, and the tracks provide good overviews of important topics to practice. Of course, this would all be meaningless if the problems and coding environment were subpar. Fortunately, CodeSignal offers a good mix of easy to challenging problems. I rarely feel confused as to what a given problem is expecting, and I have never had an issue with the coding environment.

Cons

There is not a great aspect of feedback on CodeSignal. After solving a problem, you can view most up-voted solutions submitted by others, but there is no definitive metric for gauging how your submission compares to the optimal solution. CodeSignal could improve through efficiency statistics or explanations for solving problems optimally.

Jakub from Education

Review on internship application coding challenge using CodeSignal

Enjoyed using the software, was nice to be able to quickly become familiar with the environment .

Pros

CodeSignal is very easy to use. There were a lot of helpful tool tips that guide the user to be more familiar with the software. Everything is nicely organized and

Cons

Nothing negative really caught my attention.

Angelah from Education management

Great for interview prep and learning

Pros

Lots of problems available on the site. You can practice a wide range of different topics. Has some real-life problems from various companies you can work on. Offers practice assessment tests that you can take to evaluate yourself. Tournaments throughout the day User Rankings if you're feeling competitive Chat option to connect with other users

Cons

There should be an option to enable sound for tournament notifications for those who want it. No option to take practice assessment tests once you take certified assessment test.

PAULO from Pysys Tecnologia e Serviços

Very Usefull and Inovative Tool

It was a very good experience. I could be able to complete my assessments and every time I was not sure about some situation there was a real help on all page bottoms.

Pros

CodeSignal is very easy to be used and also clear on assessments .

Cons

I've really like least sometimes the delay I've faced when submitting itens through assessments.

Garima from Freelance

CodeSignal is one of the best platforms for interview practice

Great! The interview practice section despite being spare is super helpful!

Pros

- How structured the interview practice is, the kind of testing it has and the social network built in - The editor is clean and easy to use and the test cases are very clear as well

Cons

- There's SO much to study for coding interviews and it feels a little spare on the data structures end even though the arcade has a bunch of algorithms, there's not enough on the typical questions like how to reverse a linkedlist etc

Yucheng from Research

Good User Experience

Pros

I have completed a coding assessment with CodeSignal as part of a technical screen. As it was my first time using the service, I wanted to familiarize myself with the platform. I liked that the tutorials were easy to follow, and that the coding platform was familiar and intuitive.

Cons

This is a specific note about their coding assessments: I noticed that users are not given the choice to retake assessments for different companies. This could be made clearer to the user.

Andrew from University of Pennsylvania

Very thought out interviewing software

Pros

It was very well thought out for interviewing. It'll record your screen and camera for integrity purposes, and provide thorough test cases like any other platform.

hamdi from Financial Services

Amazing web site

i am using for three years. it is the best for me

Pros

Cons

lack some self evaluation tests. but still good

Prasanth Kumar from Teksystems, Inc.

One of the best coding practice site out there

Pros

You can code in almost all the languages out there. I like the broadness of the test cases covered for any problem. Interface is user friendly.

Cons

First of all it makes me want to come back every day. But other than that, the challenges seems to be randomly selected from the learning paths which I might have already solved, so that can be improved.

Jeane from Mozilla

Taking simple coding assessments on CodeSignal

I used CodeSignal for two assessments for a coding interview and had no problems. I haven't checked out other parts of the platform but seems promising given the extra analysis the site provides when completing tests.

Pros

- The UI/UX is pretty clean and smooth - I liked the ability to analyze after the test finished. It told me how long I spent on each problem and provided an overall score of different attributes.

Cons

- I didn't bump into any cons yet because I haven't used this software that long, but everything was working fine when I used it.

Alexandr from Ozon.ru

Very easy and fun way to prepare for coding interviews

Pros

Python arcade track and interview practice tasks

Cons

No solutions are given in educational problems

Pradeep from HP

Coding platform review

Pros

CodeSignal platform is very intuitive and user friendly. Problems are well segregated topic wise so its easy to choose the topic to practice. Enough number of test cases to validate performance of the code.

Cons

It will be great to know the weight of each test cases.

Great platform!

CodeSignal has helped immensely with my coding skills and interview technique!

Pros

CodeSignal has been an awesome platform to focus on my coding skills. The practice test was super helpful and mimicked a real interview experience. The interview practice is extremely helpful and I appreciate that CodeSignal categories questions by data structure!

Cons

Would love more coding questions added per data structure!

Codesignal review

Pros

It was very straightforward. There was no confusion on how to use the software. I was able to take my codesignal test without any struggles on how to use it.

Cons

I would have liked more functionality. A terminal would have been nice.

Good for taking coding challenges

Pros

The IDE is great for programming. I used java. The questions I had some were easy, some were hard, but all of them felt nice to code on. It even had a little autocomplete for variable names and such, something very helpful in the midst of a coding challenge.

Cons

Honestly, not much. For some of the questions, it highlighted my code, which made it look a little weird, but that is very small. The system is great.

Good code evaluation platform

Pros

It saved frequently, made it easy to run and test my code; didn't have network issues.

Cons

I didn't like that it required I record a video of myself and my screen when doing the challenge. Seems like a privacy invasion.

Avner from JP Morgan Chase

Pros

I really liked that I could practice interview questions at my own time and pace

Cons

I did not like how you can buy some features

Well built platform

Pros

Very clean setup, aesthetic UI. Makes it seem much more professional

Cons

Test runner could have been a little bit faster, takes time away from actual development.

Natasha from Electronics

CodeSignal was great

It was pretty effective for my coding challenge

Pros

It worked smoothly and was easy to use.

Cons

Nothing in particular struck me as bad about this software.

Antariksh from KLA-Tencor

Industry: Semiconductors

CodeSignal Review

Pros

Very easy and simple to use. Loved its simplicity.

Cons

Should allow me to change the color of the background.

Shrddhey from American Express

Recommend tool for Coding and analysis

It's Awesome.

Pros

Great features with great responsive user interface.

Cons

I am not pretty sure. But have a concern. If user want to give test and doesn't want to enable any of the security feature like camera or microphone, with ofcourse interviewers concern. Does he/she allowed to do that? I didn't find any option.

Mayank from Financial services

Pros

It was very easy to use. I liked the user interface.

Cons

At one time, I was not able to type anything.

ORLANDO from Marketing and Advertising

Good online technical coding test web app

Pros

The layout is nice. It works just as well as other online coding interview platforms. I like how there are multiple sample tests for your code to use and it will show up to 10 free test results.

Cons

Maybe add a 10 minutes left alert. Otherwise nothing else that I can think of.

Nice UI and fast response

Good, nothing bad

Pros

- UI is modern and nice - Website speed is fast - Design a way to unlock tasks one by one by solving previous problems - Interview packages

Cons

- Maybe can include company specific questions for job interview

Jatin from Financial Service

Code Signal Review

Pros

Easy to use, tests provided and I could write my own, and it shows me how well I did.

Cons

I didn't have many tools for making runtime faster if the code ran too slow besides either optimizing it or using a faster language.

Md Azaz from Schneider electric

Attended coding interview

Pros

It was good over all experience very easy to sign in and started test

Cons

Noting as such but user experience can be improved with better ui and for program writing auto assist is some thing most needed

Good

Pros

I used Code Signal and I liked the ease of use and the question quality

Cons

May be the arrangement of questions can be a lot more proper

Vachagan from Instigate Mobile

Industry: Program Development

Best web platform for learning programming language

Pros

Here is a ready-made tester that helps you solve the problem correctly

Cons

Noting. I think is good platform and here no biggest issue

Nice platform, easy for first time user.

Pros

Feels just like my local text editor, has common shortcut keys.

Cons

Very occasionally may be buggy. You can still copy and paste without a problem.

Shujian from NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY

good experience overall

I used it for Robinhood's online assessment

Pros

code interface UI, easy to follow the instructions

Cons

extension I have to manually install before using it

Rinki from Fractal analytics

Awesome product nice UI exp

Pros

UI and content is just awesome loved it

Cons

More test cases and more practise question on DSA

Timothy from Bloomberg

Pros

Code highlighting, having synced usage and view between all users

Cons

Didn’t see anything that i didn’t like about it

Shantanu from FeasOpt.AI

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

CodeSignal Coding Test Environment Review

Pros

It was easy to use. I gave a coding test on it.

Cons

Nothing as of now as I have used CodeSignal one time only.

Arbaaz from Arris

CodeSignal Assessment

Pros

Easy to use Simple to setup and take the test

Cons

Have to download an extension Must show ID

Kent from Fannie Mae

Great array of assessment metrics

Pros

Cons

It would be nice to show more detailed analytics related to ancillary metrics.

Need a lot of changes

Can be better if the issues are fixed.

Pros

It is easy to login for attending interviews and is useful with the online ide available. The UI of the application is simple.

Cons

Lot of bugs. One need to login again if internet connection is slow.

Max from Jane Street

CodeSignal Review

Pros

Convenient platform with support for multiple programming languages, handy interface, efficient interactive system for checking input data.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Michael from Facebook

Used CodeSignal for coding challenge

Pros

Very friendly, fun interface. Felt more like a game than a challenge.

Cons

Sometimes the test cases could take a while run.

Dipen from University at Buffalo

Amazing service

Pros

- reliability - easy to use - Fast product

Cons

- long procedure to start the coding test - Too much authentication