• Pros

• "The software is easy to use, the compensation information is accurate, and I feel they have great customer service."

• "Easy to use. Reports can be sorted in a number of ways which is very helpful. Reports can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet."

• "It's extremely easy to use and intuitive. It looks nice and flows well. It is a great tool for budgeting as well as setting job ranges."

• Cons

• "It is advertised with "robust" data analysis tools. I certainly wouldn't consider this solution as "robust." It's just ok."

• "If we get a warning when inputting an employee, it would be nice to be able to override it if there are organizational exceptions."

• "There are a lot of features that I haven't yet tried, but expect them to be as user friendly as any others."

Browse Compease Reviews

Dawn from San Diego County Credit Union

It's a great product and the customer support is great. I do have a couple of suggestions.

Pros

It is extremely intuitive and user friendly, easy to navigate and the customer support is fantastic.

Cons

I think technological skills should be a scoring factor. I would also like more control over the reporting functions (although this has been improved recently).

Kim from Altra Federal Credit Union

Functionality of software provides confidence in pay structures

Total compensation is a large driver in employee engagement, so having a good grasp on the largest piece of that puzzle is instrumental in our business. This software helps me to keep moving our pay practices forward so that we remain competitive in our markets.

Pros

The Compease system is easy to use and helps me to be confident in the pay structures we offer to employees. It quickly calculates compa-ratios out by employee, helps us to determine pay structures for hybrid jobs that don't have an apples-to-apples comparison in the industry, and allows us to manage multiple pay structures. We have separate structures for exempt, non-exempt, and executive pay, as well as exempt and non-exempt IT structures that have a similar scoring process with different weights applied. It helps me to analyze the data in multiple ways to make sure that we have sound pay practices at the Credit Union. We also are able to develop our merit matrix and run it against current pay to quickly see what the overall impact will be to budget and compa-ratio if the merit matrix solely is used for increases. Being located in eight states, I also like that I can monitor pay practices in other locations to make sure that we are paying competitively in each market.

Cons

Compease uses a wide variety of data points for determining salary ranges to use, however we do not have direct access to the results of those surveys. It would be nice to see some actual ranges for the positions, if they were to pay higher or lower in the ranges throughout the market.

Ok Compensation Solution

It is just ok. There are a million payroll/compensation solutions and this is about the middle of the road. If I had been in position when this was selected, I would have advocated for a different solution.

Pros

I really like the merit increase planning tool. That definitely is a time saver and helps to streamline our process flow. The projections tools are helpful as well, especially in budget crunch times.

Cons

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Replied December 2018

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We are so glad to hear that the merit increase planning and projection tools have been able to streamline your process flows. We understand how busy HR professionals are and the hope is to make these needed processes as efficient as possible. We would love to find out more about your data analysis needs and how we can make using Compease a better experience for you and your organization. Will you please reach out to us and tell us how we can connect with you? All the best, The Compease Family.

Julie from Barton Community College

We have been using the Compease software since 2008 and are very pleased with the results.

The Compease system allowed us to evaluate our staff positions using a consistent approach and methodology rather than the home-grown system we were using. Due to the consistency of this product, for the first time we felt confident in posting the staff salary grades and salary schedules for access by our employees.

Pros

The ease of use by both our supervisors and the HR staff, as well as the consistency it brings to the evaluation of our staff positions. We also like that the software is now Cloud-based rather than PC-based allowing you to access the system from anywhere.

Cons

In the Job Master section, sometimes the slider bar which allows you to quickly access positions on the list doesn't show up.

Carol from REDW LLC

Very positive - great compensation solution, and excellent customer support

Market based salary ranges that are internally equitable - perceived by the employees as being fair.

Pros

Cloud based - very user friendly. The software solution provides market based salary ranges that are also internally equitable - helps convey the fairness of the system. The Compease team is very skilled and helpful - we love the system!

Cons

For Native American tribes that have a different minimum wage than their geographic location, Compease isn't able to accommodate this difference.

Paul from Piedmont Advantage Credit Union

Overall an excellent experience in every facet.

Compensation administration, job descriptions and evaluations, budget process help

Pros

Ease of Use is what I like most about this software. The layout is easy to navigate and looks great.

Cons

I am not sure I really have a "con." for this platform. I would think that if there is one, its based on my own ignorance.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Replied June 2018

Excellent! So glad you and your team are happy with Compease, Paul! When people find out about Compease, it makes a huge difference to their organization. All the best!

Denise from Space Age Federal Credit Union

Excellent product

The only time I have problems is when it is appraisal time and trying to get Compease and PerformancePro to work together for me. But considering we only do it once a year, I forget.

Pros

Its ease of use! It is easy to find the answer if you don't remember it.

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like about it. It is very easy to use and understand.

Reasons for Choosing Compease

We liked the product and the people.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Replied September 2019

Hi Denise, Thanks for providing us feedback! So excited to hear that the product has been easy to use and provides you the resources needed in those moments when you can't remember. Trust me, we all have those moments! If you should ever need any additional assistance during your appraisal season, don't hesitate to connect with one of your Compease Support Specialists. Thanks again, The Compease Family

Jane from SunWest Federal Credit Union

The Best

The service, the team and all parts of the system and software are awesome. Everyone and everything is so user friendly.

Pros

Since integration, it's a time saver. Love it's ease of use and the support we get if and when needed.

Cons

None that I know of. I've never encountered any issues that would make me dislike this software.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Replied September 2019

Hi There, Thank you so much for the feedback Jane and we are happy to hear that the integration was a success and a time saver! It is also great to hear that you have had a great experience with our software and our amazing support team, I know they have enjoyed working with you as well. If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to reach out and thank you for your continued business. All the best! The Compease Family

Peter from Educators Credit Union

Very Easy easy to use

Ability to market price jobs

Pros

Reporting features. Easy to create new job. The ability to override job evaluation system. The ability to change job descriptions

Cons

Does not have enough Benchmark Jobs. Does not have data for Credit unions over 2 million. I do not like the evaluation system. It is too rigid

Scott from Credit Union ONE

great customer service

Pros

easy to set up and make changes. very intuitive. we installed the software in under one month and began using immediately.

Cons

custom reporting is a bit clunky. the Excel downloads do not necessarily format in a useful manner requiring manual manipulation of the data.

Jennie from Jordan Credit Union

I am a Human Resource professional in the financial industry.

Pros

Compease makes salary administration a lot easier and provides information for sounds and fair pay practices based on our company asset size, industry, and geographic location.

Cons

I wish the software had the ability to see a total compensation picture, including benefits. I would like to see benefit costs incorporated to give us a true reflection of how much employees are being "paid".

Karen from Associated Credit Union

great overall experience from the set up to daily use

Pros

The onsite help in getting the software up and running and the yearly updates on the salaries in our market and industry. The customer support is awesome as well. If ever a question it is very easy to get an answer.

Ann from Peninsula Federal Credit Union

Very good. It is a very easy software to use and update.

Pros

The ability to run different the matrix and see the results immediately. It is very easy to add or update job descriptions. We recently integrated with Performance Pro which eliminates the need to add new employees to two different system which saves time.

Cons

Perhaps it may be the user and the need to educate oneself on the process, but when I ran a matrix based on the anniversary date, it did not seem to calculate like I thought it would. We are in the process of perhaps changing when wages are increased from year-end to anniversary date and would like to calculate the cost for the year.

Chesney from Isabella Bank

Great tool!

Time it takes to create a pay scale is amazingly short. Also nice to have a back up when Management asks why a position is placed where it is on the scale.

Nancy from Wasatch Dermatology

Outstanding

We are a new company and we did not have a salary system setup that was fair and equitable for everyone concerned. Since we started using Compease we now have a salary base for each of our positions in the company and because it ties in with Performance Pro it puts more merit into the performance appraisals. Also, the comp reports help show us where our employees stand in relations to the rest of the industry giving our salary base meaning and helps us to be fair and equitable with our employees.

Pros

How easy it is to use. How helpful it is when it is time to figure raises. How it ties in with Performance Pro's appraisal system. I really like all of the different reports it offers for our company.

Linda from Houston FCU

Compease provides all of the information I need to manage the compensation function.

Total Compensation Management System for my company.

Pros

Easy to use and provides quality customer support. Compease also accepts client suggestions for improvements and incorporates them into the process.

Cons

I would like to see more pro forma job descriptions because occasionally I have a new position that does not fit into the ones offered.

Serein from Jefferson Financial Federal Credit Union

We had a wonderful experience with the training and implementation

Customer rep. was very helpful with the training. I have only had to reach out to customer service one time and they were also great!

Pros

My favorite thing about the software is how easy the website is to use. Things like updating employees and downloading reports only takes a few minutes!

Alisa from Xplore Federal Credit Union

Very good experience. Easy to navigate. Customer Service excellent.

Pros

Provides meaningful salary ranges so I can have a meaningful salary administration program. Aids in developing job descriptions.

Cons

Nothing really. I don't like having to break down duties by percentages, but I work around that. I do understand why Compease uses the feature.

Elizabeth from Tropical Financial Credit Union

I have been using this tool for almost 10 years. One of the most comprehensive tools in the market.

Pros

This tool is very easy of use, from set-up on through report running I have not encountered any issues.

Cons

I have no significant issues with the software. In fact, the software is easy to use. The only recommendation is that I would like to see a bridge to our HRIS.

Pauline from Communities of Abilene FCU

Very easy product to use. Gives a good indication of current economic salary ranges.

Pros

The up to date salary ranges help us to stay competitive with salaries in our area. Reports we can pull give us current info on where our employees are in the overall ranges of our local area.

Charlene from HUECU

Database is user friendly and serves our purposes sufficiently

Compensation benchmarking comparisons

Pros

Intuitive reporting functionality, easy to update, and very satisfied with the customer service provided.

Cons

Not really a Con but we would like it to interface with the Performance Pro system we use soon to prevent redundancy.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Replied June 2018

Hi Charlene, Thanks for the feedback about Compease and so glad you are happy with it! We always appreciate it when people take time to share their thoughts. Also, I have some great news for you. Compease does integrate with Performance Pro! Are you willing to reach out to me and I'll tell you how we can get that set up for you?

Deb from Gleaner Life Insurance Society

Easy to navigate and excellent support staff.

Pros

The salary information is current and relevant based on demographics - industry, asset size, and region. Ability to generate reports based on variables.

Carol from First Community Credit Union

The system was very easy to learn. Easy to use and to manage.

Pros

We utilize Compease for our compensation plan.

I am looking forward to using it this year for our annual reviews. It is going to allow me to play with percentages and allow my managers the ability to utilize it also.

Pros

Compease really helps place employees in the correct salary range and it gives us fresh comp survey info so we know if we are paying our employees correctly.

Cons

The only problem with the software that I have had is transferring the compratio info to excel. I have had to call them to assist me with this because it wouldn't work for me.

William from City of Friendswood

It is a simple functional tool that lets keep jobs in alignment based on duties and responsibilities

standardized way of classing positions in a pay grade

Pros

simple to use, keeps our various jobs aligned to assist in maintaining equal pay for equal work, and seeing our pay is competitive within our region for similar jobs. Provide a mechanism for grouping jobs within a pay grade and providing the justification should you ever need.

Cons

Our biggest dislike is it is not compatible with our enterprise software so maintenance is an additional step and falls behind as salaries change

Virginia from Girl Scouts of Utah

The customer support is great. I really appreciated the on-site meetings/training we received.

A customized compensation structure that we will be able to easily keep updated and relevant from year to year.

Pros

It was far easier to learn and use than I anticipated. I really liked having someone come to our site to meet with managers, explain the process and assist in getting relevant information from them to produce effective results.

Cons

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Replied June 2018

Hi Virginia, Thanks for the 5-star review! Your feedback about Performance Pro being easy to learn is something we hear pretty frequently. Once you get in the application things become pretty intuitive pretty quickly. Whenever you have questions about the features you haven't used yet, give us a call. We'll be glad to help.

July 2015

Jennifer from MCUL & Affiliates

July 2015

A Compensation Management Solution

First there were spreadsheets, then there was Compease! As a user of Compease I am a big promoter. It is now a true web-based salary admin program that not only houses your salary data, it ensures you are able to manage your salaries by being both competitive in the market and equitable throughout your organization. As a HR Professional, this system establishes credibility by providing a tool that is essential in playing a huge role in not only the performance management process and tying pay to performance but in the annual budget process when forecasting salaries. The one wish I had in utilizing the system year after year was that it would be a web-based system, my wish came true! It is now web-based and all is good!!

Liza from Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union

Very easy to navigate between tabs.

Pros

Everything easy to find what I'm looking for based on the named menu bar and tabs. Updates are easily done with real time results.

Cons

There isn't anything that I can think of at the moment to say I like least. Everything usually seems to work fine once I log in.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Replied June 2018

Liza, Thanks for taking the time to offer your thoughts on Compease. So glad you have a 5-star experience with the application.

Becky from Midland Credit Union

Extremely easy to use

Pros

ease of writing Job Descriptions, making edits and benchmark job descriptions to compare. Web based environment allows additional managers to have access. Great reference documentation via the site to eliminate need to make a call or email an inquiry.

Cons

missed their survey email reminder, when update is made can be slow to complete-could be us or busy network day.

Melisse from Hudson River Community Credit Union

Easy to use, lots of capability

Pros

To be able to customize the performance reviews to each position. Assign percentages of how we would like and not just all the same.

Shannon from PeoplesChoice Credit Union

I've used it to metric our compensation package for the past 5 years

User friendly. Timely compensation data at year end. Easy to upload our comp data to be considered with their full comp data release at year end. Good resource center for financial job titles and base job descriptions. Easy to manipulate and customize metrics for pay-for-performance rate suggestions. Customizable (to a point) job grading scale. Able to override system suggestions. Can easily move back and forth between years and/or pay levels P25, P50, P75. Compensation based on asset size, region- able to remain competitive and/or place ourselves as an employer of choice based on pay scale.

Jennifer from UECU

Overall great software

Pros

Cons

My only complaint is that I wish it could do more! For example, if it could more easily link to an HRIS or even their other software, Performance Pro. Then I could use it even more and maybe not have to use other software/programs.

Sharon from Fort Campbell Federal Credit Union

September 2015

Great Tool for Compensation Management!

I have been a Compease user for over 8 years and can't imagine using any other tool to effectively manage our compensation program. It is not only easy to use, but generates comprehensive reports to assist with analysis of our current pay structure and the Merit Planning Matrix feature makes the annual budgeting process a breeze! I highly recommend this product to any professional responsible for compensation administration in their organization.

December 2015

Paula from Mission Federal Credit Union

December 2015

Simple and Defensible

We've been using Compease since 2010 with very good results. It provides a sound and time-tested process that is defensible should it ever be challenged. Moving from an informal, manual process to a formal, automated platform resulted in some pushback, but ultimately simplified and validated our compensation program. The data behind the system is comprehensive and relevant and our client rep and the company personnel are highly responsive.

March 2016

Geraldine from CU Services, Inc.

March 2016

We have used the Compease program for approximately 15 years and highly recommend it.

One of the most useful features of Compease has been the establishment of salary ranges based on comparable jobs in our industry and in similar industries in our area plus the ability to grade individual jobs in an impartial manner. I am particularly pleased with our transfer to Compease Online. The software is very easy to learn, and I have found the staff to be extremely helpful when I do have a question.

Jane from SunWest Federal Credit Union

August 2015

Exceptional and easy to use all aspects of the Compease software

Compease is very user friendly. It is also comprehensive and helps with comparisons and resolution of any salary issues that may arise. It keeps us informed with the annual updates for salary offerings and on the cutting edge of ensuring we are using the correct salary information for our staff. Runs our reports accurately and ensures we are providing the most competitive salary within our industry.

January 2016

Rod from 1-800 CONTACTS, Inc.

January 2016

Incredible tool at a great price!

Compease saves me from having to add a "compensation" member to my HR team. Their comprehensive salary reports and intuitive position grading system have been a great tool for managing both internal and external compensation equity. Their team has been responsive and helpful and spent considerable time with my organization to make sure that the results were exactly what we needed.

April 2016

Linda from Railroad & Industrial FCU

April 2016

Terrific Business Partner!

I wish I had known of this tool when I first started managing compensation. All in one, exceptional service and prompt, responsive personnel! In addition, they are always seeking ways to improve ease of use and results. This would also be great for a company without full time HR folks!

Barbara from Automotive Credit Corporation

August 2015

Easy to use, and understand. Upgrades are easily handled as well.

This software has been very good for our companies. It is easy to use, is comprehensive and an overall quality product. We went from having no software salary administration of this type to installing it and continuing to use it. The customer service is particularly good - responsive and knowledgeable.

Joe from Honda FCU

September 2015

Very helpful determining salary levels

We are unique in that we are a credit union, and our compensation is handled by our sponsor company. As such, they have been open to considering our recommendation for associate salaries, because they took time to research HRN CompEase and found it to be a solid, valuable salary pricing tool.

Cynthia from Hawaii Federal Credit Union

September 2015

The new online version is easy to use and to maintain.

The team at HR Performance Solutions is responsive to inquiries and very helpful over the phone. They make me feel like I am their most important client when I call for assistance and they have a great track record for following through until my questions are answered.

Sherri from Timberline Federal Credit Union

Long time Compease customer

I have worked with Compease since 1999, so I have worked with it as "software" & now as a web based service. I am very pleased with the user-friendly ease of use, as well as the competence of the customer service reps I have dealt with.

Michael from Mutual Credit Union

Great Program!

Historically our organization depended upon numerous market survey's in the establishment of salary scales. Using Compease we have eliminated this practice and feel confident we are compensating within market guidance.

Christy from Horizon Credit Union

Easy to use and I can access the information I need quickly.

compa ratio, and creating job descriptions easily.

Pros

Easy to navigate. I really like the dashboard feature, and all reports I can create. I like the fact that it takes the market rates to see how our company's compensation is to the rest of the market with the compa ratio feature.

Jessica from Hawkins Ash CPAs

November 2015

CompEase meets my needs for compensation calculation

Fairly simple to use and gives good output including letting me play with scenarios on increases. Top notch customer service for CompEase and their Performance Pro review systems.

Liza from Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union

User friendly

Pros

Self explanatory, easy navigation to the different tabs. Captures all the necessary job descriptions.

June 2016

Barbara from INFINITY FCU

June 2016

Very user friendly. Good reporting capabilities and great customer service.

They listened to feedback and have made great improvements in the past year with reporting and exporting data.

Mio from JetStream Federal Credit Union

March 2016

Excellent product when you have employees in different market areas.

Very user friendly. Was the perfect solution for managing employees in two different market areas. (Florida and Puerto Rico)

Teresa from Heritage Trust Federal Credit Union

November 2015

I have been very satisfied with Compease and it's ease of use.

Compease does the market study for us and I feel confident with the information that is provided. I am happy with the ease of use.

May 2016

Jessie from Cal-Com Federal Credit Union

May 2016

Have used Compease for many years. Great product.

Compease is easy to use and provides us a good source of compensation information to use as a guide in our credit union.