All Deluxe Payroll and HR Reviews

Used less than 12 months

Payroll Processing Made Easy for Small Businesses

My overall experience has been great! The customer service folks are very responsive. This software meets our needs and is very easy to use.

PROS

If you are a small business and are looking for a simple solution to your payroll processing, Deluxe Payroll and HR is your solution. This software is so easy to use and very inexpensive. There are only 10 employees at my company. I can process my semi-monthly payroll in 5-15 minutes each time. I have a template where I enter the current hours or simply pay the regular salary to salaried employees. Then you review and submit. It's so easy! As soon as you submit your payroll, your reports are available immediately. Deluxe files all the reports for us electronically.

CONS

This software may not be as robust as others when it comes to integration with other software programs. I have never really investigated to find out because my company is so small, and we don't really have the need for such integrations. I do have to upload my 401k transactions to another website manually, but that doesn't take long to do at all. The reports I need to do so are in Deluxe Payroll.

Not Applicable

Derek

Information Services, 2-10 employees

My Review

Its been great!

PROS

Its easy and offers everything a Major company offers and a fraction of the price.

CONS

I changed my pay and have commission. Wish their was a commission template to make inputting payroll easier. No commission template but I havent asked so their may be one.... !!!

Reason for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Pricing and function of software. They made it wasy!

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They kept messing up my taxes, cost more and customer service was not good. Had a new rep each week.

Carrey

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Customer Support is Failing

Seven years ago they are fantastic and I used to recommend them to everyone. These days I would not recommend them anymore because of their failing customer service.

PROS

When I first started with Deluxe 7 years ago, I really liked the customer support, the ease of setup and the fact that it was really good value for my clients. The company only hired payroll specialists so I knew I was getting professional advice and guidance. If I ran into any issue at all, all I had to do was pick up the phone and there was always someone there to help me. They also had a chat feature available. Even by e-mail, the response was almost immediate.

CONS

Deluxe's customer support has really gone completely downhill. These days when you call Deluxe you are waiting on the phone forever and if you send an e-mail, sometimes you are waiting for a day or two to get a response. When you are doing payroll, there are deadlines and people can't wait two days or hours for help!!

Reason for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Customer service, professional advice and costs.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

I switch due to constant payroll errors that were made by their employees that created so much more unneccesary work and due to cost.

Nicole

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Deluxe has been the best!

Customer service is always extremely helpful.

PROS

The switch from our old company to Deluxe was seamless! The program is very user friendly.

CONS

Nothing at all. It is very easy to navigate.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They made several mistakes. Customer service was lacking and they were expensive.

Danetta

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Super user friendly

Our pay structure is weird since we pay for performance instead of the same hourly rate.

PROS

It is really easy to use! It is nice to have everything in one company.

CONS

I have no complaints! Super easy to set up and use!

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

ADP was difficult to enter our performance pay rates.

Elizabeth

Construction, 2-10 employees

Used less than 12 months

HR relief

PROS

All we have to do for payroll is enter hours and everything is done, child support garnishments, quarterly taxes, it’s a breeze!

CONS

We use this only for payroll currently, we’re in the process of setting up the time tracking. Everything has been great so far.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They weren’t as user friendly for our employees or us.

Edward

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2021

works great for our small organazation

overall very positive

PROS

Deluxe does all the tax filings, which is very time consuming for me to do on my own.

CONS

can't seem to find a way to add non taxed items like mileage reimbursements and meals.

Reason for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

ease of setting up and online use is very easy.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

they charged high subscription fees and i still had to do all the work, also thier product had constant problems which required me to call for support, which was either an automated system or a person who could not speak english clearly.

Art

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Easy to use product

Used for 3 plus years

PROS

Easy to input and get reports out........

CONS

Custom reports and interface with other software

Reason for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Cost for each payroll period

Cost

nick

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Good Value

Overall it is very good. I believe that the transition from Payce to Deluxe when Deluxe bought Payce had some hiccups that we are still experiencing. At one point, Deluxe's fee was pulled from the wrong bank account, even though it had been working seamlessly prior to the merger. One issue we are still having is that we are receiving emailed invoices for Westminster Self Storage but we are not receiving any invoices at all for Sunshine Management. This is something we have called about numerous times, but no one seems to be able to resolve it. It is not a huge issue, but it is inconvenient and it seems like a very fixable issue, despite that it has not been fixed yet.

PROS

The Deluxe software is fairly easy to use. Our customer service rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is outstanding. She is pivotal to our opinion of the software and she is an excellent representative for Deluxe.

CONS

Some of the more complex things that come up are hard to figure out. Luckily [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always available and happy to help or to teach me what to do.

Reason for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price and customer service of Payce Payroll were differentiators. We feel it is a good value and there is always someone available to help us.

Kayce

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Payroll

Overall, I've been pleased. We've had to work closely with our Customer Service Rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who has been really great to do everything she can to help us when situations happen and/or questions occur. We've had some issues with getting states set up but in the end, everything has come together.

PROS

Fairly easy to use from the user and admin perspectives.

CONS

Reporting features could use some improvement, the onboarding setup isn't easy to understand and we haven't been able to utilize the features as we had hoped. Forms often don't load (w-9, etc.) for everyone and it's not easy to understand how to set up. We had really hoped to utilize the time system with the payroll system, but after comparing it to QuickBooks Time (formerly Tsheets) there was no way for us to switch because of the lack of reporting features. We use the time for billing and payroll and the reports for exporting the time data didn't give us the info in as much detail as we needed. And, the user interface wasn't as easy to navigate, etc.

Reason for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

If I recall correctly, it was the time system and ability to enter time quickly, etc.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

We loved Wells Fargo but they closed their payroll service division.

Tanya

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Don't let the cost fool you.

PROS

Nothing, don't let the cost fool you if you have over 50 employees its not worth it. From setup to using it nothing has been easy. If you want the full package you have 3 different logins and the flow from system to system is hit and miss. Have been using the program for a year and already we are moving to another company.

CONS

Reports are limited. If you want the full package you have 3 different logins and the flow from system to system is hit and miss. Have been using the program for a year and already we are moving to another company. Help desk does not know what they are talking about everything is a I have to check with someone else, does not respond quickly.

Angela

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

User Review

Overall the systems is easy to use and runs payroll with ease. It is a cheaper program but does the job if you are looking to just run payroll and do not need all the bells and whistles of a more expensive program.

PROS

Very simple to use. User interface is great.

CONS

Does not have all of the functionality of other payroll systems. Reports section is not user friendly. Sometimes rep can be very hard to get a hold of.

Janna

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2021

If you are in the market, this is worth consideration

Our account rep is very responsive. We have had some issues with tax payments and rates not being input properly, but in the end, Deluxe has always taken prompt action to correct the situation.

PROS

We have been using this software since before Deluxe purchased it from another vendor. It is easy to use and fairly intuitive. Our payroll situation is not complicated, but we do have employees in several states - which they have been able to accommodate.

CONS

Handling some of the year-end tasks like auto fringe benefit are a bit of a challenge, but our rep walked us through it and everything ended up fine.

Matt

Semiconductors, 2-10 employees

My review

Very good deal for the money but more time consuming than it should be at first because of the lack of any instructions or training. But so far I've been able to figure everything out that I need to. Good customer service for when I've gotten stuck but it seems like some really basic design changes could reduce Deluxe's customer service costs quite a bit.

PROS

Easy to use, good deal for the money, good customer support.

CONS

No training. No online manual or contextual help function of any useful sort. I kind of had to figure it out, which wasn't hard for most things. For example, a brief description of what is contained in each of the various reports would be helpful (it took me far to long to find copies of my 941's for example).

Courtney

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Very Happy

We value our customer service representative, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], very much. She is always responsive, provides great solutions, and is extremely capable, understands complex issues, and follows up promptly and completely.

PROS

Using the Deluxe portal is easy and contains all the information I need.

CONS

Understanding how to make changes is somewhat unclear, but our excellent client service professional, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], provides advice and support that makes up for the website.

Reason for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Deluxe offered more responsive, local customer service, ease of use, and was more affordable. We are extremely happy that over the last two years Deluxe has lived up to and exceeded its promise of excellent, accurate, and supportive payroll processing.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

ADP's customer support took too long, there were communication issues, and it was very frustrating.

Linda

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Deluxed!

PROS

Imputing and processing payroll is easy and we receive actual checks the next day. Amazing.

CONS

Creating specific reports can be challenging. Looking for a past employee doesn't work at times. I would like for it to download into Quickbooks. Currently I manually input the paychecks into QB's.

Reason for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

It's about the cost. We have used Deluxe for over 20 years. It just works.

Susan

Telecommunications, 2-10 employees

Deluxe Payroll

Very Good

PROS

The payroll is very easy to use. Deluxe provides great support. I have always had timely responses to all my enquiries. The functionality of the program is enough for my requirements. The staff like the portal where they can get their pay info

CONS

Would like to download payroll entry to excel

Restaurants, 11-50 employees