Browse Deluxe Payroll and HR Reviews

Christopher from Hum Law

Industry: Law Practice

Deluxable

Exceptional experience.

Pros

Phenomenal support. I do not understand why any smaller company pays a bookkeeper to make error when this product is perfect.

Cons

Nothing. The support if incredible and to workflow can be done fro a smart phone!

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

The bookkeeper kept calling to confirm a small payroll. We left the bookeeper. No more call no more last minute confusion.

James from Covenant Life Church

Deluxe Payroll

Very pleased.

Pros

Provided all of the compliance reporting necessary, ease of use, and cost.

Cons

Reporting by departments is limited. Would like to see reporting by departments that provide detail of employees' time in those departments.

Cost and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

ADP was too complex and expensive for our small business.

Gail from Canary Systems Inc.

Very poor system design and accuracy

The managers and payroll reps I have worked with are all courteous, helpful and pleasant..... which I'm sure has been challenging for them given my level of frustration with the ongoing problems. But I do want to give them very high marks for being professional and helpful.....I know your system inadequacies are not their fault. However, your sales reps also leave something to be desired. I was given incorrect information on a NUMBER of items, that would have made a difference in my selection of Deluxe if I had complete and honest information. I don't think I was intentionally deceived in being given information, but your people promised things that were not possible, or that were misrepresented, most likely out of their lack of knowledge and/or training.

Pros

It is VERY easy to use, and the actual payroll processing function works well.

Cons

You have a very antiquated system in that it cannot accommodate a company with multiple pay cycles and be able to produce accurate governmental reports. After 3 quarters of INCORRECT quarterly reports, it was finally determined that a 2nd database would need to be created for hourly (semi-weekly) payroll cycles, and the original database would be kept for salaried (monthly) payrolls. Although I was assured that the 2 databases would produce combined accurate quarterly reports, this has not been the case and I am very frustrated. If an employee who starts out as hourly is transitioned to salary, they must be deleted from the hourly database and manually entered (wages) in the salaried database. If this isn't done correctly, we end up 2 W-2's, etc, etc, etc. A VERY CUMBERSOME process. Spend some money and get a real payroll system that can function in a real world where companies have multiple pay cycles.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price and promises...... While the pricing is fair, the many promises that didn't work (and are continuing to be a problem) are unacceptable for a company the size of Deluxe. Do better :-(

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Because their software/system was even worse than yours is......

Richard from SouthCon Building Group, LLC

Best bang for your buck

Overall it has been great. We were previously with paychex and being a large company they didn't really care about us. It was almost impossible to get them to help us.

Pros

The program is really easy to use and for a very low price.

Cons

It is missing some reports that may be useful.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price was a huge factor and the fact that they could handle all of the necessary payroll functions.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Their customer service was horrible for the amount of money we were paying.

Karin from Br/ight Family Investments Inc. dba Fox Adder Hair Design

Worth every penny!

see above

Pros

i have both W2 and 1099 staff members; i pay commission, tips and have local and state sick pay and taxes. Deluxe has made it fairly seamless for me and pays my ESD and L&I taxes on my behalf. saves me loads of time! i love the direct deposit feature, as do my staff. the reporting tools are perfect and exactly what my accountant needs. Customer support is top notch.

Cons

Wish it was a bit more customizable and that i didn't see all the reporting choices that do no affect me/my business. would also like if more HR info was included in my pricing. otherwise, very few issues or concerns. oh, and since we are West Coast and Deluxe is East Coast, i do sometimes have to pay more attention to the due dates and times that our usually outside of my personal schedule, but not really a problem, just my thing.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

CSR was far more attentive and was able to answer all of my questions; gave a good breakdown of my expenses and quickly found answers for my reporting concerns.

James from Lucky Dog Grille

Good Value

Overall Deluxe has been a great addition to my company. I have had not issues that were not corrected within one day, and generally all I have to do is make a phone call to my support rep and my issue is solved.

Pros

I like the ease of use and it only take minutes to complete my payroll. The customer service has also been top notch.

Cons

Setting up local and school taxes was the worst thing about using this system. I would like it if the system did the checking of local taxes, instead of having to look this up and input it myself.Over

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Ease of use and cost structure.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They made things too difficult, they did not make me feel as though I was important.

thae from Proviniti

Payroll Services

Excellent

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity of the payroll platform

Cons

There are no features that seem to be misssing.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

The payroll platform was easy to navigate

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Paychex Flex payroll platform was not user friendly

Bettye from Central Insurance Services, Inc

HR service

Only thing I don't like is that when the payroll withholding or employer tax rates increase I am not advised. When I ask the support staff, I do not feel she is interested in speaking to me. If I had received an email, I would not have to call -- just go into the system

Pros

I like to access during my time when it is convenient.

Cons

I don't think it is easy to get the reports when you don't do it often. The tool bar doesn't explain how to get the reports. Also, I receive an email and also a copy of the bill -- don't understand why I receive both

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Referral from a trusted business associate

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

I didn't like the lack of communication or the way they controlled the payroll on their schedule.

Derek from Wilson Resources, LLC

Industry: Information Services

My Review

Its been great!

Pros

Its easy and offers everything a Major company offers and a fraction of the price.

Cons

I changed my pay and have commission. Wish their was a commission template to make inputting payroll easier. No commission template but I havent asked so their may be one.... !!!

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Pricing and function of software. They made it wasy!

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They kept messing up my taxes, cost more and customer service was not good. Had a new rep each week.

Mike from Arcade Carpet One

Deluxe Pay Review

This saves us the time of figuring out what needs to be sent for payroll taxes.

Pros

My salary employees have their paychecks completed in about a minute total!

Cons

There aren't many negatives for the software, the only part I am not a fan of would be the warnings I have to approve each week for employees that are paid commission not having hours submitted for their time.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Deluxe was the only option that I could pick up payroll locally in Towson Maryland without our checks being mailed to us. Deluxe has now moved their offices to Kansas so we are now looking into alternative options.

Victor from Care Living Solutions LLC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Bang for our buck

It's all stated above already. Once again: Payroll support and HR are fantastic but the tax department is not.

Pros

I enjoy the ease ib adding employees, entering and submitting payroll. I enjoy the fuctionality in creating vouchers to fix past mistakes (ours) . I totally enjoy the delivery speed. Their outsource HR people are great. They created the perfect employee handbook for me and they reply to my questions online within 12 houres.

Cons

It is difficult to change information on employees. Whjile the payroll support team are great and reply to questions within two to four hours, it is not so when the question or request has to be directed from support to the tax people. I have unfinished business with the tax people that is really old. While we are perfectly happpy other than that, the lack of response from the rtax department could be what makes us switch to another service.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

One reason only: They would not take my employees who have an ITIN and not a Social Security number. The ITINS begin with 9. I liked the response to that from the salesman at Deluxe.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Because I needed less involvement myself and I needed someone reliable that I could turn to with a full payroll service. EZ Paychecks is only a software with an IT department; not a full scale payroll service.

Art from New Life Pharma LLC

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to use product

Used for 3 plus years

Pros

Easy to input and get reports out........

Cons

Custom reports and interface with other software

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Cost for each payroll period

nick from Sunshine Management and Westminster Self Storage

Good Value

Overall it is very good. I believe that the transition from Payce to Deluxe when Deluxe bought Payce had some hiccups that we are still experiencing. At one point, Deluxe's fee was pulled from the wrong bank account, even though it had been working seamlessly prior to the merger. One issue we are still having is that we are receiving emailed invoices for Westminster Self Storage but we are not receiving any invoices at all for Sunshine Management. This is something we have called about numerous times, but no one seems to be able to resolve it. It is not a huge issue, but it is inconvenient and it seems like a very fixable issue, despite that it has not been fixed yet.

Pros

The Deluxe software is fairly easy to use. Our customer service rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is outstanding. She is pivotal to our opinion of the software and she is an excellent representative for Deluxe.

Cons

Some of the more complex things that come up are hard to figure out. Luckily [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always available and happy to help or to teach me what to do.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price and customer service of Payce Payroll were differentiators. We feel it is a good value and there is always someone available to help us.

Payroll Processing Made Easy for Small Businesses

My overall experience has been great! The customer service folks are very responsive. This software meets our needs and is very easy to use.

Pros

If you are a small business and are looking for a simple solution to your payroll processing, Deluxe Payroll and HR is your solution. This software is so easy to use and very inexpensive. There are only 10 employees at my company. I can process my semi-monthly payroll in 5-15 minutes each time. I have a template where I enter the current hours or simply pay the regular salary to salaried employees. Then you review and submit. It's so easy! As soon as you submit your payroll, your reports are available immediately. Deluxe files all the reports for us electronically.

Cons

This software may not be as robust as others when it comes to integration with other software programs. I have never really investigated to find out because my company is so small, and we don't really have the need for such integrations. I do have to upload my 401k transactions to another website manually, but that doesn't take long to do at all. The reports I need to do so are in Deluxe Payroll.

Not Applicable

Vicki from West Nottingham Academy

Deluxe Payroll Review

We only use Payroll, not HR & my experience has been great. If I have question, my CR is always quick to answer & give me guidance.

Pros

Ease of use is paramount. It's super user friendly. Training someone is easy.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, but we have a simple payroll.

Cost & ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Paychex seemed to be a little less user friendly at the time & ADP was much more expensive.

Nicole from Daniel J Fay DMD PA

Deluxe has been the best!

Customer service is always extremely helpful.

Pros

The switch from our old company to Deluxe was seamless! The program is very user friendly.

Cons

Nothing at all. It is very easy to navigate.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They made several mistakes. Customer service was lacking and they were expensive.

Danetta from Deans Shop Inc

Super user friendly

Our pay structure is weird since we pay for performance instead of the same hourly rate.

Pros

It is really easy to use! It is nice to have everything in one company.

Cons

I have no complaints! Super easy to set up and use!

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

ADP was difficult to enter our performance pay rates.

Courtney from The Better Angels Society

Very Happy

We value our customer service representative, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], very much. She is always responsive, provides great solutions, and is extremely capable, understands complex issues, and follows up promptly and completely.

Pros

Using the Deluxe portal is easy and contains all the information I need.

Cons

Understanding how to make changes is somewhat unclear, but our excellent client service professional, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], provides advice and support that makes up for the website.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Deluxe offered more responsive, local customer service, ease of use, and was more affordable. We are extremely happy that over the last two years Deluxe has lived up to and exceeded its promise of excellent, accurate, and supportive payroll processing.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

ADP's customer support took too long, there were communication issues, and it was very frustrating.

Libby from FBC Walnut Valley

Works For Us

They have been helpful & efficient. We have A PERSON to contact who answers the phone or returns calls promptly!

Pros

Access for all employees to their own pay stubs, etc.

Cons

It does require some up-front work from the Administrator each year, but that is a small thing.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Cost & we decided that in-house would be stressful for folks not trained in HR & payroll.

Elizabeth from Tallmage Plumbing, LLC

HR relief

Pros

All we have to do for payroll is enter hours and everything is done, child support garnishments, quarterly taxes, it’s a breeze!

Cons

We use this only for payroll currently, we’re in the process of setting up the time tracking. Everything has been great so far.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They weren’t as user friendly for our employees or us.

Patrick from Bird's Eye Medical PLLC

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Onboarding Staffing Company

We use deluxe payroll and SwipeClock to run payroll for up to 150 employees every 2 weeks. We are still hoping to automate some of the process, but we have found a way to make it work for us.

Pros

We needed this solution on a tight timeline and the initial onboarding was quick.

Cons

The software isn't intuitive and many features require Deluxe staff to set-up, which is complicated and time consuming to initiate. Onboarding customer service can be challenging to reach and coordinate with. Once on the phone, they are very helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

At the time of purchase, we didn't expect our company to grow at the rate it did and Deluxe seemed like a better option for a small firm. A significant portion of this decision was based on price. Workday includes features that we didn't expect needing or utilizing. In some ways, we have outgrown the user friendliness of Deluxe.

Belinda from Connor Support Services, LLC

Industry: Civil Engineering

Awesome Payroll Software

Always able to reach my current rep and get the assistance I need!

Pros

I transferred over to Deluxe at least 8 years ago. I value the services they provide, the support, and the software. It is very user friendly and reliable. I highly recommended this company and software!

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints or dislikes

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Prior company missed two of my payrolls

Edward from USW Local 366

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

works great for our small organazation

overall very positive

Pros

Deluxe does all the tax filings, which is very time consuming for me to do on my own.

Cons

can't seem to find a way to add non taxed items like mileage reimbursements and meals.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

ease of setting up and online use is very easy.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

they charged high subscription fees and i still had to do all the work, also thier product had constant problems which required me to call for support, which was either an automated system or a person who could not speak english clearly.

Susan from Turris Services Inc

Deluxe Payroll

Very Good

Pros

The payroll is very easy to use. Deluxe provides great support. I have always had timely responses to all my enquiries. The functionality of the program is enough for my requirements. The staff like the portal where they can get their pay info

Cons

Would like to download payroll entry to excel

Jessica from Classic Cuts Salon LLC

Needs better custom service

Good

Pros

Ease of use, in regards to the online site.

Cons

The representative is not very helpful and not timely in response.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

It was recommended by my financial institute

Charles from Malibu Window Cleaning

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Almost

We’ll if they find this weeks checks will greatly improve my opion

Pros

Ease of use , reports, having an assigned person to my account, but apparently you just down size her

Cons

Delivery of checks is unreliable , down sizing personal is also effecting service

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Ease of workers comp sustem

Marilyn from Voxpop, Inc

Great Value Software

It takes very little time to do Payroll, and my time is better spent on business operations.

Pros

I love that I don't have the headache of paying and reporting taxes and deductions. Payroll reports are easy to create.

Cons

Having to update leave start dates every year!

ann from Petersen Marine Service

Industry: Maritime

Easy to Use!

My customer service re, Violet Lee, is fantastic! i cannot say enough good things about her. Violet always responds immediately and helps me answer any questions. she is knowledgeable and always helpful.

Pros

it is easy to enter times and add new employees.

Cons

i have a problem running payroll reports. The titles of the reports do not always line up with the info i ma looking for.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Horrible customer service. Lack of support.

William from 2461 corporation

Industry: Restaurants

Payroll company that keeps free of tax problems

Pros

Easy payroll. We have used the locks for the past 20+ years

Cons

None. I am not the actual user and therefore don’t have much interaction with the product

Returning customer

Sandra from SH Behavioral Care Chesapeake

Industry: Mental Health Care

Software is easy to use!

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use. Good customer service. Was very easy to learn right from the beginning!

Cons

Nothing. I highly recommend it. The software is very user friendly.

Sherri from ROYAL PLUMBING & CONSTRUCTION LLC

Royal Plumbing and Construction

Making payroll much quicker and easier for me to be able to free up my time for the things that help me run my back office company without spending time on payroll and payroll taxes.

Pros

The entire system is a user friendly system and anytime I have had questions, customer service has been patient to walk me through what I need to learn. That means alot.

Cons

Intergration process went smooth as I was learning everything.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

It was recommended to us by our business consutlant.

CHRISTOPHER from Conflict Resolution Center of Montgomery County

Software

Pros

I love the ease of use, reports, and employee selp online accessibility

Cons

I think it should have a faq section.

Allen from Independent Software, Inc.

cfo

Pros

Easy to added employees, record hours/pay.

Cons

Use of Custom reports. Lack of reporting Federal tax payments

Mande from Fisherman's Inn

Deluxe Review

Excellent service

Pros

Uploading from our POS system is a breeze

Cons

This product is not difficult to use, works great

Julie from Tru Blue, LLC

Industry: Restaurants

Pros

Very easy to use. Great customer service.

Cons

Its not QBs friendly or at least I don't think it is.

Diane from His Precious Angels

review

Still waiting for 2 people to look into issues and no answer

Pros

Able to do payroll and know amount to pay employees

Cons

Care of taxes confusing and not able to get answers from administration

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

thought would be easy to use for payroll

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Hired S and T to do payroll instead of an accountant

arold from Delmarvas Home Care Solution, Inc

If I could spare the time to locate another vendor.

unhappy, Not loving it. reporting delays errors and fraudulent checks being made

Pros

I did like the company when it delivered in all the above areas

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

because it was owned locally and i could reach out with issues.

was unhappy..

Robin from H & C Inc

Robin’s review

Excellent

Pros

Our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is awesome. Always helpful!

Cons

Can’t think of any at all. No problems

Kathi from License To Innovate

Easy monthly payroll

This software has been simple to navigate. From monthly payroll for a small company to obtaining quarterly reports especially for PPP and COVID loans, this software has made each task very simple.

Pros

Reporting is very easy. Setting up new employees is a snap.

Cons

At this time, there is nothing to dislike.

Collette from Big Tree Construction LLC

Pros

This payroll software is very easy to use. I can enter payroll and finish the process in less than 10 minutes

Cons

I have had a few problems with getting an answer from customer service, but nothing to bad.

Denese from Denese V Inniss LLC DBA South Beach Lady

Owner

none

Pros

Payroll features the ability to save and update later.

Cons

reporting features no so easy to use to generate reports

easy to use and cost

Nancy from Advisorthopaedics

Industry: Medical Devices

Just enough

Pros

Simple, no frills, no extra services that I don't need.

Cons

The payroll process has been a little less intuitive than I would have liked.

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price and responsiveness of customer service during the selection process.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price. My business is super simple. I run payroll for 1 employee once a month. Prices kept going up with no additional value.

Ryan from Knibb Lawn Service

Poor

Cons

Not very helpful and customer service is poor

Sales person was helpful

Lawrence from Schoen Engineering Inc

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Deluxe failed to perform

Terrible. Only sales department was responsive. They were unable to provide me with any services.

Pros

Promises. No delivery

Cons

Not easy to use. Wasted my time

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

My previous service provider was retiring

Queen from Royal Emotional Care

Industry: Mental Health Care

Royal review

Excellent

Pros

Ease in use, reasonably priced and very nice platform

Cons

I want to keep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] . He was my on boarding specialist and he is great

Customer service

Dennis from XLCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Customer SerVice

Not Good

Pros

None. Nothing to say about this company

Cons

No Customer Service . No one will contact me