• Pros

• "It is comprehensive and easy to use. It is user friendly and there is great support available."

• "Very easy to use - self explanatory :) Quick - accurate - no problems"

• "Easy and reliable to use. Works well with our bookkeeper too! All around good!"

• Cons

• "The 'reports' page can be a little difficult to maneuver. Trying to figure out which reports I needed right away was a bit of a challenge. And overall, the web page is usually very slow to load. "

• "not much to say here -- i didn't have any problems"

• "Evey thing is good, I dont have any issues with the system"

Browse eNETEmployer Reviews

Lorena from H. F. Lumber / Home hardware

eNetEmployer

Pros

I appreciate the customer support that is offered. I always have a response within 10 minutes for any questions I might have.

Cons

At first I had some difficulty learning the new systems and procedures. But now I realize just how intuitive the software is and can find any info I need for payroll quite easily.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied November 2018

Hi Lorena, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. I'm glad you were able to learn the program eventually. To aid in the learning process for upcoming features, have a look at our online tutorials and video links. To do so, simply press the key from any program screen to view contextual help for the screen. Then use the Tutorials link to view step-by-step lessons for most program setup features. The videos on our YouTube channel will also assist. In addition to our Payroll module, we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Tanja from Gears Bike & Ski Shops Limited

My inputting experience.

I really do not think this is the most user friendly system.

Pros

I like that you can review your results easily before submitting the payroll. I also like that the results are accurate.

Cons

I do not like that I have to wait after every keystroke for the computer to think. This is extremely irritating. I find it very difficult to change an employee from hourly to salary. The vacation gets messed up and I have need help every time to fix the errors. Still not clear on how to do this correctly. I also have the same problem when changing the vacation pay rate. I also do not like that in the earnings area there are several lines for an employee but when you go to the next screen, you no longer see the employees name.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your review. I see you have shared a number of great things about the program! For the other items, let's see if we can assist: 1) If you find the system pausing after each keystroke, then you may have the "Edit All" option activated for the screen and/or you may have the Edit Mode features turned on at all times. If the current table has many rows and columns visible, the Edit All and Edit Mode commands will use an increased amount of your system resources. These two options are best used when you have a limited number of rows only. Edit Mode can be deactivated in the Payroll tab's Options screen. Edit All is button that appears above the table for all program screens. 2) When changing an employee from hourly to salary, you may find that using an employee template will help. Please contact me at the email shown below and I can walk you through the steps. 3) Can you elaborate on what you mean by "can no longer see the employees name".. I'm sure we can help.

Lee from Newmarket Home Hardware

Good program

All account reps are great and very helpful. Program is quick to input

Pros

fast input, accuracy, online access from anywhere

Cons

all screens should default to alphabetical surname, changes are made to the program without informing the users, pay statements should email out automatically on the pay date

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hello Lee, Thanks for your review and for your candor. I see the program is working well for you and that you have shared some good things. For the other issues, let's see if we can assist: 1) You can sort all relevant screens by alphabetical surname. Simply use the Filter feature on the desired column, and then use the Customize View button to Save the view. Now each time you revisit the screen, the filter setting will be retained. 2) We list current changes (and upcoming changes) in the Payroll News newsletter. Please subscribe today (it's Free) and you will see the changes that are planned as each issue arrives in your email Inbox. 3) Pay statements cannot be mailed automatically because the payroll admin needs to confirm that all of the pay run details are correct. Manual interaction is required in order to avoid errors being sent out automatically. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Colleen from Mayne Island Building Centre

review of enet payroll program

The support people know their stuff. I have been pleased with support; however, I don't feel that I should need support as often as I do considering the amount of time I have used the program.

Pros

I like that it provides a secure on line way for me to deal with payroll. I like the end result. I like that I do not have to try to know all there is about payroll rules and regulations. I like that I do not have to submit deductions, it is done on my behalf. I assume there are checks and balances for verifying that my reporting and payroll entries are consistent and anomalies would be brought to my attention. I assume if my payroll was audited your system would live up to the scrutiny.

Cons

I find that the program is not user friendly. The program is not intuitive to use. I have been using the latest format since it came out and I still do not enter the system feeling confident that I know what I am doing. I do not like the window for reports. I do not like how to pick the paydate and that it does not advance on its own to my next paydate. I do not like the layout and unless I hide alot of the columns it is impossible to see things at a glance. There is too much scrolling that needs to be done. There was one area that was not being done correctly on your end and I had to figure it out and inform your staff and I am not a payroll expert.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hi Colleen, Thanks for your review and for your candor. I see you have shared a number of great things about the program! For the other items, let's see if we can assist: 1) Yes, the eNETPayroll interface is quite different from the new eNETEmployer. While an overwhelming majority like the new spreadsheet approach, several users to miss the simplicity of the original look and feel. I see that you've already used the Customize View feature, but have you also "reshuffled" the columns (instead of just hiding the unused ones)? If you couple that feature with Filter on each screen, you should be able to arrange the screen and view exactly how you need. 2) Can you elaborate on the advancing pay date for the Reports screen? Currently, the program is set to advance to the next pay date automatically. Perhaps a setting or two has been adjusted and is preventing that from happening. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Glenn from Richards Home Hardware

payroll review

An inexpensive way to manage my payroll from anywhere I have access to to the internet

Pros

everything in one application although the old one was much easier to navigate

Cons

You have to access so many screens to set up an employee

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hello Glenn, Thanks for your review. I see the program is working well for you and that you have shared some good things. For the employee setup issue, let's see if we can assist: 1) Instead of having to navigate through each of the first 6 screens under the employee menu, you can use the Customize View feature (in the Setup Employee screen) to show ALL of the columns. This customized view will show you all of the available columns that need editing in one easy screen. Here is a link to the video tutorial for the customize view feature: https://youtu.be/dp3oB6VSh_M 2) You can also use employee templates to speed up the process when adding a new employee. Here is a video on employee templates: https://youtu.be/11XGaz2tFH4 Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Lana from Petrolia Home Hardware

Easy to use and value for money

I have saved so much time with payroll. The cost far outweighs my time! The staff love the direct deposit, and I love that I never miss a stat remittance deadline! So easy to use!

Pros

It was so easy to get set up and maintain.

Cons

A bit difficult to use when viewing on my phone.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hi Lana, Thanks for your review. I see the program is working well for you and that you have shared some good things. For the mobile issue, have you tried adjusting the text size using the Text View Icons that are located above each table (specifically, the icon that shows a capital letter "A" with a + sign beside it)? These icons are used to control the size and attributes of text in the data tables. For example, if you are working with a smaller phone or laptop screen, you can use these features to increase the size of your table text. Another good way to use the program on a mobile phone is to ensure that you tilt the hone sideways (landscape mode) - this will make all of the text and controls even larger. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Shawna from SHH Pest Control Limited

eNETEmployer Review

Payroll takes no time to process.

Pros

Cons

Reporting cannot be exported with different parameters

Response from CanPay Software

Replied November 2018

Hi Shawna, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. I'm glad to hear that your payroll representative is able to provide the service and support that you need. For your reporting issue, could you share a few details about what you are looking to accomplish? eNETEmployer provides highly customizable reporting both from the Reports screen and via export from any other screen in the program. If you can share some details, we can show you how to gather the data you need. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

John from Redmond's Home HArdware

Payroll

Saves me time, especially with government paperwork

Pros

The fact that you do ROE's and T4's and summarize hours is great.

Cons

Seemed complicated to learn (not user friendly)

Response from CanPay Software

Replied November 2018

Hi John, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. I'm glad you were able to learn the program eventually. To aid in the learning process for upcoming features, have a look at our online tutorials and video links. To do so, simply press the key from any program screen to view contextual help for the screen. Then use the Tutorials link to view step-by-step lessons for most program setup features. The videos on our YouTube channel will also assist. In addition to our Payroll module, we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Carol from Seguin Hardware Incorporated

Payrolls

A time saver when there are no special entries. But help is a call away.

Pros

Entering biweekly payroll hours is very easy

Cons

Finding previous info sometimes is difficult.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied July 2019

Hi Carol, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. Glad to hear that you are taking advantage of our support plan - yes, ask us for assistance whenever you need it. Note - we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Reta from northway home hardware

northway review

great

Pros

set up for our Home Hardware store - easy to use - great phone support from everyone. information available when needed and t4 remittance all done etc.

Cons

all operations are done by canpay and everything they provide me with is great

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hi Reta, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. We've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Gail from Top Cat Tours

needs some adjustments

this program keeps overhead costs to a minimum; for a small number of seasonal employees, it is the perfect way to keep staff paid correctly, with T4s provided on time.

Pros

can use it anywhere, not tied to one computer in one place; not tied to an annual contract - pay per use; once used to the 'kinks', it is relatively easy to use.

Cons

cumbersome setup; unwieldy with everything in a long line, suggest a drop down box with entry fields; same for every category of employee setup; can't delete employee when there is no data involved; I have used one payroll system or another for over 20 years with little or no issues. This one is far from my favorite. It's just too cumbersome. I needed plenty of help in the setup.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hello Gail, Thanks for your review and for your candor. I see you have shared a number of great things about the program! For the other items, let's see if we can assist: 1) For easy setup, many customers use the online tutorials and video links. Simply press the key from any program screen to view contextual help for the screen. Then use the Tutorials link to view step-by-step lessons for most program setup features. The videos on our YouTube channel will also assist. 2) To delete an employee that has no data (assuming they have not yet been calculated), use the Employer tab's setup Employee screen. This screen shows the "employee pool" and provides a list of every person in the system. 3) To simplify each screen (make them less wide), use the Customize View button to hide columns that you don't use. Then the table will only show the fields and cells you need. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

William from Shelburne Home Hardware Building Centre

Industry: Building Materials

eNETEmployer review

Easy system to learn and understand and I can do it from anywhere in the world, just need a laptop They down load the program and away you go

Pros

Easy to use and Easy to navigate for completing the payroll Customer Service from Winnipeg is awesome

Cons

Evey thing is good, I dont have any issues with the system

Response from CanPay Software

Replied November 2018

Hi William, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. In addition to our Payroll module, we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Curtis from Wilson's Builders Supplies

Great customer service, terrible software.

Pros

Great customer service. If I have any issues help is a phone call away

Cons

Way, way too complicated for my small business. The software is not user friendly at all and seems more like an interface for Canpay and not the client. It is very slow at responding to input and I'm always waiting for the software to catch up. This would be very difficult to teach to a new employee.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hi Curtis, Thank you for your review and your candor. Our apologies for the issues that you mention. Let's see if we can address each one for you: 1) The spreadsheet interface is by design. It allows you to customize your view exactly as needed. If you use the Customize View button, you can hide as many columns as needed so that the table will only show the fields and cells you need. 2) Like all internet-based applications, the speed is partially dependant on your internet line. If you are running a high-speed connection, you should see smooth program operation. Can you tell if the slowdown is more apparent at a certain time of day? We employ a dedicated high-speed fibre optic line and are currently meeting and exceeding the required bandwidth for the program. 3) We have numerous online and video tutorials to assist with learning the program. Have you visited our Youtube channel? Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Kaitlyn from Elmira Home Hardware

My thoughts on eNETEmployer

Pros

It has become relatively easy to use now that I know how it works. I was an adjustment for sure, going from eNETPayroll to eNETEmployer but I'm overall pretty happy with it.

Cons

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hello Kaitlyn, Thanks for your review and for your candor. I see the program is working well for you and that you have shared some good things. For the other issues, let's see if we can assist: 1) Each row in the Reports screen can be customized and saved for future use. An easy way to see if a report is relevant to your payroll, is to simply add it to the table and then run the report to review it's data. If you see that it is not relevant, simply remove the report row from the screen and you need never see it again. 2) Like all internet-based applications, the speed is partially dependant on your internet line. If you are running a high-speed connection, you should see smooth program operation. Can you tell if the slowdown is more apparent at a certain time of day? We employ a dedicated high-speed fibre optic line and are currently meeting and exceeding the required bandwidth for the program. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Nancy from Harbax Home Hardware Building Centre

Great Software

Find it very easy to use - quick and accurate !

Pros

Very easy to use - self explanatory :) Quick - accurate - no problems

Cons

Nothing ! Find it very easy to use - no issues

Response from CanPay Software

Replied November 2018

Hi Nancy, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. In addition to our Payroll module, we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Tammy from Heritage Home Hardware Building Centre

eNETEemployer Review

I have not had any negative issues in dealing with eNETEmployer, whenever I have an issue, my problem is addressed promptly.

Pros

One the things that I like most about using eNETEmployer is the flexiblity of time. I can do it at my pace, and at my free time.

Cons

Using the software, of course, comes with a learning phase. After learning more of the features, the one thing that I still have a hard time with is paying our salaried staff their vacation time. I find that there are alot of steps to get this done.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hi Tammy, Thanks for your review. I see the program is working well for you and that you have shared some good things. For the vacation time issue, I would love to hear a few more details about the method you are using. Perhaps there's a simpler way that we can discuss to shorten this procedure. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Scott from Horizon Hearing.

Industry: Medical Devices

Very happy

LOVE THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Pros

Easy to get around the different aspects of the software.

Cons

Not much if anything to complain about at all.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied November 2018

Hi Scott, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. In addition to our Payroll module, we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

dave from ALi Arc Industries LP

good news

Makes payroll easy

Pros

Its easy to use and there is little that can go wrong

Cons

I like all of it, but if I had to pick something it would be hard to do.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied November 2018

Hi Dave, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. In addition to our Payroll module, we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Laurel from Sooke Home Hardware

E-Net Employer

Spent hours doing Roe's and having to balance T4's for 80+ employees, dreaded it every year. I like the personal support I get with any issues I am Having and they are dealt with very quickly with my support member, she is a gem always looking out for me

Pros

Ease of use for producing ROE's and T4's

Cons

No real complaints or concerns at this time.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied November 2018

Hi Laurel, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. So glad to hear that your payroll representative is able to provide the quick support and service that you need. In addition to our Payroll module, we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Tanis from Elmale Home Building Centre

eNetEmployer Review

Pros

Ability to deposit up to three bank accounts per employee, flexible.

Cons

Very,very slow - takes forever to add an employee and update.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hi Tanis, Thanks for your review and for your candor. I'm glad that the program is working well for you. For the other items, let's see if we can assist: 1) Like all internet-based applications, the speed is partially dependant on your internet line. If you are running a high-speed connection, you should see smooth program operation. Can you tell if the slowdown is more apparent at a certain time of day? We employ a dedicated high-speed fibre optic line and are currently meeting and exceeding the required bandwidth for the program. 2) When adding an employee, is it possible that you have the "Edit All" option activated for the screen? If the current table has many rows and columns visible, the Edit All command will use an increased amount of your system resources. Edit All is best used when you have a limited number of rows. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Lora lee from Capreol Home Hardware

Great support

Pros

Very practical,and user friendly will give this 2 thumbs up

Cons

Nothing at all I will keep this program because of its simplicity

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hi Lora Lee, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. In addition to our Payroll module, we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

8 years

They have solved all of my payroll problems.

Pros

Easy to use. The software gets easier with every update. Take me about 10 minutes with 6 employees.

Cons

Lots of pressing the save button, that cannot be a bad thing.

NANCY from HERITAGE HOME HARDWARE

CANPAY REVIEW

Pros

THAT I CAN DO IT ON MY OWN TIME I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR A PHONE CALL. MY CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE IS ALWAYS VERY HELPFUL

Cons

THERE REALLY ISN'T ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hi Nancy, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. Glad to hear your support representative is providing you with excellent service! We've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details.

Chantale from Cook's Home Hardware

Industry: Building Materials

eNETEmployer

great/ good value

Pros

I can manage payroll from anywhere support is friendly/knowledgeable

Cons

the program was confusing to use at first

Response from Canadian Payroll Systems

Replied November 2018

Brittany from Holy Community Church

Great. Customer Service has been great with Lise and so far so good with Suzet!

Pros

Easy and reliable to use. Works well with our bookkeeper too! All around good!

Cons

No complaints. Our bookkeepers have been very satisfied.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied November 2018

Hi Brittany, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. In addition to our Payroll module, we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Sue from Segway Tours NB

Segway Tours NB

They were able to take good care of my payroll for me so I could run my business with better focus on my job.

Pros

I always received answers to my questions right away.

Cons

I had to go through a few different people to run my payroll but they handled it very professionally.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied November 2018

Hi Sue, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. Glad to hear that your new payroll representative is able to provide the service and support that you need. In addition to our Payroll module, we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Joan from Home Hardware

Canpay Review

Pros

Payroll takes very little time to do now.

Cons

I have had trouble getting the group benefits to change, but it's more of a me problem.

Colleen from Boyts Ltd.

Needs an overhaul

For the time Ive spent on it which really is two times a month I still need help and instruction in navigating and making sure everything is entered correctly. It is not a "efficient" program for learning and navigating

Pros

Once you learn how to navigate it, the program does get the job done

Cons

Navigating is difficult. One has to go back a forth between pages. You cannot see everything but have to scroll to the right to check information then scroll to the left. Adding ridiculous lines. It just is not time efficient.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hi Colleen, Thanks for your review and for your candor. I'm glad the program is working well for you. For the other items, let's see if we can assist: 1) 1) To aid in the learning process, many customers use the online tutorials and video links. Simply press the key from any program screen to view contextual help for the screen. Then use the Tutorials link to view step-by-step lessons for most program setup features. The videos on our YouTube channel will also assist. 2) To avoid having to scroll to the right for wider pages, have you used the Customize View button to only show the columns that are relevant to your payroll? You can hide unneeded columns, and you can "reshuffle" the columns as well. If you couple that feature with Filter on each screen, you should be able to arrange the screen and view exactly how you need - no more scrolling. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Convenient Payroll processing

Pros

This payroll software was so easy to use. Very secure and calculations were so accurate. Great system

Cons

I do not have many complaints. If I ran into issues then I would call customer service and get help.

DeeDee from Garage Masters

Great experience

Pros

Easy to use, very quick, and good support.

Cons

I would say nothing. I like the software.

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hi DeeDee, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. We've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Sergio from Active Green+Ross

eNete

Pros

easy to use -- lots of help if and when needed

Cons

not much to say here -- i didn't have any problems

Response from CanPay Software

Replied October 2018

Hi Sergio, Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. We've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future. Please email us at sales@canpay.com if you wish to discuss further details!

Diane from Gravelbourg Home Building Center

Excellent Payroll Software

We've used two other payroll companies and an inhouse software program before trying eNetPayroll. We decided to try Home Hardware's payroll program and we haven't looked back since. Easy to use, excellent customer service. If we have questions or problems, we phone Tina at Head office and she helps us out. If Tina is not available, I call the eNetPayroll company itself and they help me out. No more stress, our employees love having their paychecks deposited in their accounts. They also like knowing ahead of time what is going into their bank account because the paystubs are emailed to them. Can't say enough good about this company and this program.

Leigh from Iroquois Falls HHBC

March 2015

I have been using this payroll service for many years and i have always been very satisfied

I am so pleased with the service I recently added the time tracker feature too

Lyn from Appleby Home Hardware

March 2015

It is more often than not just too slow.

Good system but too slow