• Pros

• "Program is very easy to use. I've been able to work with a couple of customer service people with good results. "

• "That it's easy to use for anyone with very basic bookkeeping knowledge yet it gives back the information in a format a CPA could use. I also like the Help tabs and pop-ups. Clear and thorough. "

• "It is super flexible, expandable and thorough. The accuracy we have experienced in filing taxes and paying our people with Evolution software has been the best we have ever used."

• Cons

• "There have been a few problems along the way but they are quick to fix the issues. Other than that..."

• "This software is not intuitive, and it is not easy to figure out. There was no training, handbook or cheat sheet like ADP and Paychex offers."

• "I miss having a detailed user's manual for assistance with the more complex aspects of the software."

Browse TelePayroll Reviews

Melissa from Killinsworth

Process Driven Software

We have used Evolution for over 5 years and love it. We have several companies that have separate payroll, and it usually takes about 15 mins to process. We follow the simple process of steps that have not changed in the 5 years we have used it. A lot of other software companies make changes to their programs and the steps are all out of wack. I like the basic platform...we do not need a ton of bells and whistles for our employees to get paid so this program works for us! We also love that we dont have to print check stubs anymore. We set up each employee with a login to view and print their stubs as they need them. We have saved a ton in just printing costs!

Pros

Functional and simple to use. Reports are clean and easy to read and customizable to the info you need.

Cons

Setting up E/D codes can get somewhat confusing. Our customer service rep helpes me set up more complex deductions.

Claire from William Walters Co.

Everyone on your staff is wonderful to work with. They all make my job so much easier.

I find every thing to be accurate and easy.

Pros

My payrolls are on phone in. But do that twice a month. The only "software" per say that I use, are when you send secure messages such as Tax reports. Plus all other documents that have sensitive identifying numbers, such as Employee personal information (Name, Address, Social Security numbers) I have had nothing but good a good experience with ever staff member that I have worked with at Telepayroll. From the first conversation we had when we were deciding what company to go with for our payroll needs, through the full setup, and by monthly processing. They make everything as simple as can be every step of the way. I am so glad this is the company my boss and I chose for the job. Plus we truly could not have found a better company, nor a better price. Love it, love it love it. I believe you will too if you are looking for top notch service and pricing and a great price. A service you or your employees, can use with ease and peace-of-mind. Never once have we had a problem with our Payroll Taxes, being done improperly. Which I can't say about the last company we were with. TelePayroll takes pride in customer service, and it really shows. There is nothing else that can be said, it is all Pros from me. I have yet to find any Cons, with working with this company or any of their staff.

Carolyn from Expert Building Maintenance

Industry: Facilities Services

I like evolution, I am happy with it

Pros

It is simple and easy to navigate and I find myself being able to add extra things like notes to simplify my life alot!

Cons

It looks simple, which can be a negative to some. Some times it appears small on some screens. The printing of a manual check doesn't work with some computers and printers which has been frustrating.

Inexpensive option but meant for smaller organizations

Pros

Easy to integrate with biometric timeclocks. Employee self-service portal was highly functional and accessible from any mobile device. Able to create different locations, departments, and titles for reporting purposes. Able to set up multiple pay rates for employees (ex. shift differentials).

Cons

Meant for a smaller organization, so it did not really scale well as our organization grew. Did not have any other HRIS features (such as applicant tracking or onboarding), so we ended up with many disparate systems that resulted in entering each employee into several different systems.

Andrew from UHS Insurance Agency, Inc

System is fairly easy to use and maneuver around. Could always improve the overall interface

easy to use

Pros

The ability that my payroll company to just connect to it and make changes or help with anything if I ever have any problems. System is fairly easy to us and you have many different report options.

Cons

It doesn't link up with the payroll companies (telepayroll) timeclock system. You still have to download the payroll file and then import it into evolution. Evolution is application based instead of being web base so you need to have the software installed to use it. Software has some improvements it can work on. Can make the format and interface more simplified. Some sections are clunky and unneeded.

Renie from Fiber Care Baths

Telepayroll is a very user friendly program to use

Pros

Cons

Program does not allow you to build own reports easily from database. It would be nice to be able to manipulate data without having to go to IT.

Federico from Millicom

Overall Seamless Product

Pros

I have used evolution capital management tool as an end user, and i find it is has a simple interface and a ver y user friendly environment. Vacations can be easily requested, and i love the functionality it has to create internal workflows for HR team to process ( for example, i can request employement work certificate, request income verification forms, etc) I can also manage and approve all my direct reports vacations and schedules which i love.

Cons

I dont like the fact that the interface seems very simple. it could have a few enhancements to make it seem more modern

Katherine from The Community Development Center, Inc.

The program works and is easy to use, but the delay in saving changes could be improved.

For less cost we received all the benefits we had with another company and a closer more personalized one on one relationship with Telepayroll.

Pros

It is not over complicated, and fairly easy to navigate. The reports are intuitive and easy to customize to suit our needs.

Cons

After importing the time from our time clock we review and make changes to employee checks as necessary. Each change is saved and this save takes a quite a few seconds. Waiting to make the next required change for the next employee is frustrating.

Linda from Sunny Hills Prosthetic Services

I really do not do a lot of changes i usually ask my account person for help.

Pretty much just the basic benefits, i really do not do to much changing i only enter in payroll bi-weekly if i need any help with any features i ask my account person for help

Pros

All of the different functions, how some of the functions are easy to use, but others are a little difficult. Otherwise with little employees and only having to do payroll bi-weekly its a good software program

Cons

I don't like it when you have to do a 2nd check for someone or clear a manual check feature before next pay period, its too confusing and i usually have to ask my account person for help

Amy from Project Angel Food

I am very satisfied with Evolution Payroll.

1. Ease of payroll processing, 2. The ability to generate reports easily, 3. Ability to search past payroll history

Pros

Our organization has been using Evolution Payroll (Telepayroll) for more than 3 years. It is easy to use for most routine payroll tasks. I particularly appreciate their customer service. Our account rep has been very responsive when we have special requests or need something explained.

Paul from St. Luke's Luthern Church

Very thorough yet easy to use.

Time and clear reports.

Pros

Cons

Depending on the format type of customer statement you want, many times, you have to print each customer statement one at a time-repeating the format you want. Also, the email carrier you can use is limited. Maybe this has been solved on a newer version/update.

Randy from VTP Enterprises

Industry: Restaurants

Excellent payroll software. Makes processing payroll simple and easy.

Pros

Web-based and very intuitive. By looking at the screen and reading the options you can easily figure out where to go and what to do.

Cons

It needs a function for processing termination checks remotely. I have to switch to the classic version to print checks remotely.

Kevin from KB Delta

We have been using evolution for a few years and love it!

Pros

Evolution is great that we have quite a bit of control over employee information and are able to update employee information quickly. The most desirable aspect of Evolution is the numerous reports that can be generated and are very helpful.

Cons

The only thing that I would say is a con is that you don't have COMPLETE control of each employee but you do have quite a bit of control. Maybe this is for security purposes but I really like the software.

zahra from HRL Engineering & Manufacturing

Industry: Machinery

great software and very easy to use

easy to use! telepayroll team makes it more easy and helpful. thank you for a great experience!

Pros

reports are easy to find and so helpful. the payroll reports are very detailed and changes can be done so easily.

Cons

I think it needs more HR reports . I would prefer if I had employees application for example. deducting FUTA taxe expense right away rather than accumulating it till the end of the year. I would like workers comp to be on there as well.

Ramona from Precious Lamb Preschool

Excellent Customer Service, Easy to Navigate Software, Quick Help with Questions

I use to have to do payroll by myself twice a month. I would have to print out the latest federal and state tax charts and ensure that my employee's payroll was done correctly. It would take a significant part of my day to process. Now that I use Telepayroll I am able to process the payroll more quickly and they handle all the taxes, payments, W-2's, etc. It has been a huge help.

Pros

Easy to input payroll. Easy to add new employees. Easy to navigate the tabs. Staff is always helpful to help me with any questions that I might have.

Cons

The only negative I have is that I only use the software twice a month so I don't really get the opportunity to really know all that it does....but that is not a limitation on the software. The staff at Telepayroll always returns my calls very quickly and handles any questions or concerns I have promptly and efficiently.

Andrew from UHS Insurance Agency, Inc

Simple to use and basic features, lacking in advance feautures

does out payroll

Pros

Software is pretty simple to use once you get use to it. IT is partially web based since your submitting the information electronically directly

Cons

The software UI seems pretty dated and similar to a DOS based system versus something that is more web/cloud based. Features are kind of limited and seems like the UI can be redone to make it more appealing visually and easier functions.

Latashia from Alliance Industrial Refrigeration Services, Inc.

Overall the experience has been great with the help of Kelly Ellis and staff.

Pros

I love that the employee has some control and accountability for updating and accessing their information.

Cons

I least like the fact that an employee can request time off without having adequate time to use and they system will allow it to be processed. It would be helpful if the system prompted in addition to not allowing the employee to request time if there were not enough hours available.

Tony from Oakwood Academy Schools

The Customer Service is unsurpassed !!! Love these Folks.

Pros

Ease of use, and on the very rare occasion when it isn't, the Customer Service folks are always there to help. I was on a trip out of the country and couldn't process my payroll on time, so they did it all for me...now that's service. Thanks!!

Cons

System doesn't have an IOS version, which would make it possible to do from an iPad or MAC if you are an Apple fan

David from Actionable Research, Inc.

Industry: Market Research

Evolution is Intuitive on the Payroll Entry Side, Needs More Intuitive Reporting

It helps us get our payroll done cost effectively and accurately.

Pros

It is very reliable and easy to enter payroll information. It is also full of checks to insure information is not accidentally changed.

Cons

Reporting is challenging to use without training - could be more intuitive. Generating reports needs to be a drag and drop process that includes preview drag and drops.

Chris from DOGGIE WALK BAGS, INC.

Industry: Plastics

Every 2 weeks I enter hours and everyone gets paid. It is too easy.

The greatest benefit is the support team that is my safety net for any mistakes I might make.

Pros

It gets the job done - simple & fast. The reporting feature is very nice; what ever information I need is at my fingertips.

Cons

There are more advanced features that I don't know about that might be of benefit to me. Some features are for bigger companies and I will never need.

Jennifer from Blackbird Contracting Services Inc.

I have always had an overall good experience.

My records are pretty accurate and that is a great peace of mind.

Pros

Accuracy and reliability and the amount of information I am able to obtain for other job functions is very helpful.

Cons

The modular components make it a bit user unfriendly. A few reports aren't what I need them to be and there doesn't seems to be much Help within the system navigation.

Cynthia from Behavioral Systems Southwest

Industry: Mental Health Care

The customer service is exemplary.

This is a superior product and cost less than our prior payroll provider.

Pros

I have found the software is very easy to use. The software flows easily and is simple to use. The software also has many customizable reports.

Cons

The process for doing manual checks is a little cumbersome and the manual checks cannot be printed directly from the software.

William from T&M Inc

Carrie Morrison is awesome!!

Pros

Ease of operation and speed of input. I can input payroll in two minutes and the funds required report is emailed to me the next day.

Cons

Some reports make it difficult to pinpoint certain information. If I need a certain employees payroll for a particular time frame it can be done it just a little time consuming.

Sherry from Biard & Crockett

Love this software and the payroll company that set it up for us.

Helps my payroll go smoother and with less mistakes every week.

Pros

Ease of navigation and lots of great data quickly available to me when i need it. I can always go back in time if need be.

Cons

Not as user friendly as I would sometimes like if I haven't opened a particular file before. Not really great technical help sections.

Gina from Grace Fellowship Church of Costa Mesa

The people at Evolution are amazingly helpful.

Pros

Cons

It can be pretty complicated to use. Some of the steps to prepare payroll are not as intuitive as I would like them to be.

Carey from Heal the Bay

Great customer service, but the software is difficult

We are able to process our staff semi-monthly payroll easily for both exempt and hourly employees.

Pros

You provide great customer service that I rely on to input or update anything that varies from the current payroll set up.

Veronica from ORBO

I have had a fantastic experience using the Evolution Payroll software.

Pros

The thing I like the most about this software is that it is user friendly, we have access to any information we may need 24/7. Some of the information we have available is the benefits management, and W-2 preparation. There is also live one on one online training which helps new individuals get familiar with the software and everything it has to offer. In case we have any questions or need help with anything we have our rep from Telepayroll who we can reach out to. My rep is just wonderful! She is always so friendly and willing to help me resolve any issues I may encounter.

Elana from Carolina Heart Specialists, LLC

Payroll System

I have been happy with using this system, as I like having all my payroll functions in the one system

Pros

I like that I can manage all aspects of Payroll through one system

Cons

Sometimes, trying to run reports from the system is difficult., however, I can call my rep and she will walk me through the process.

Rikki from Universal reprographics Inc

Pretty easy to learn. Taught myself

Cheaper then adp at the time I switched

Pros

User friendly never had a problem reliable not to hard to teach someone how to do it if I am on vacation

Cons

To have taxes taken out you have to pay for the entire payroll before pay day for the net checks and then also have to pay payroll taxes almost a week early

Rick from Compass Bible church

Great company and reliable.

Pros

They always answer the phone when I have a question and answer my question or solve the problem. Every customer service representative knows the system.

Cons

Some of the reports have to be run on a certain date and once that dates has passed the report cannot be run for a previous date.

Great Software

Evolution has been great. We switched from a 3rd party vendor to processing on our own and this software was easy to learn and implement.

Pros

I have worked with both Evolution Classic and Advanced HR and I prefer the Classic version. I love how user friendly it and and how easy reporting is.

Cons

In order to get the reports, there are a lot of clicks. I feel there could be a way to speed this process up. Custom reports are also difficult to build.

Great Payroll Software

We started using Evolution 8 months ago and use it on a daily basis

Pros

I like that if you forget to enter something it alerts you and that you can view the payroll before processing

Cons

There are a lot of steps to go through to run reports

Evelyn from SMS

Excellent reports and maneuverability

Pros

Easy to use and customer service is excellent at our payroll vendor. They are able to provide any reports that we ever need.

Cons

The system could use more reports but can get them on demand via customer service. Our company does not fully utilize what the software has to offer.

Norena from Los Altos United Methodist Church

I have become accustomed to using this software. It functions well for my needs.

Good pricing.

Pros

There are different ways of getting to the information. There are specific reports that meet my needs.

Cons

There should be more explicit directions and user interface on the screen where one can add extra columns to the type of pay. For example, it should be stated as part of the interface that one needs to DRAG the required type of pay hours ACROSS to the other side of the screen.

Amy from Berg Executive Resource Group

The program is super user friendly and easy to navigate

Pros

I like that it's easy to navigate, and easy to train others on how to use the software. Customer service is helpful too.

Cons

I wish I could do my own customizing to menus, reports, etc. without having to contact someone to do it for me.

Mary from LB Brokerage, Inc

It's been easy to use but need a little help every once in awhile

It seems very easy to use.

Pros

Very easy to use. I use it twice a month and it makes it a lot easier than having the call in payroll, which is what I used to do.

Cons

Changing information. If the employee has information that needs to be changed, I sometimes don't know how to do it.

Gina from Berg Executive Resource Group

No issues with processing and having to wait.

Pros

Easy to use software. I like that I can see how the changes I make will affect the check in real time.

Cons

Adding reports requires help. I wish the reports function was a little more user friendly. Including the export feature.

Tom from Warrior

It's great and does the job, but is old...even with new updates Evo is on an old school platform.

I'd recommend Telepayroll all day long as their service is excellent and they deliver what was promised. The Evolution software does the job, but is old...functionality wise.

Pros

It works 100% of the time. Connection to server is always reliable regardless where I am. Thank you Steve Wainer.

Cons

It's old. Changing an icon at log-in or a feature icon doesn't update the user platform as a whole. Can't copy and paste some things that should be allowable.

Dalya from Kirk O'The Valley Presbyterian

Evolution is a great tool, but not the most user friendly application.

Access to payroll information, reports and employee information.

Pros

The access to viewing information instantly and not having to call the payroll service. The ability to print report for individual employee.

Cons

Printing reports. By the time you select your report and use the parameters, you go in or out and before you know it the system will print a huge report. There is no verification displayed for your selected parameters.

Jaime from Prographics

It does wat it is supposed to do.

Pros

There is Nothing that I like most,

Cons

I can't create custom reports. Can't save default settings for the company and/or user. Can't backup our company data. Can't resize windows. Poor or no online documentation.

Adriana from Care Homes Registry

Very user friendly. Simple queries for first timers

Anytime access. Quick and easy payroll processing.

Pros

The reporting function and the overall outlay of its queries. I like that I can access lots of information in severa different areas.

Cons

Reny from Opica adult day care center

Always positive

I like the easy access with the software and very easy to use.

Pros

User friendly, I can submit payroll a day before which is good because sometimes we didn't receive timesheets on time.

Michele from Threee Brothers III, Inc., dba Zito's Pizza

Industry: Restaurants

I love working with Evolution Payroll! Very easy and reliable service.

Pros

The software is simple and easy to understand and follow step by step. I like that it won't allow me to move on until I have completed the task.

Trevor from Two Palms Nursing Center, Inc.

Excellent product with great service!

Pros

Very, very functional and user friendly, ie: ease of use. Love the automatic updates. Able to access from multiple locations.

Cathy from Open Doors wtih Brother Andrew

I love the customer support. I often feel I'm their only customer

saves time as the company will actually do payroll for me at no additional cost

Pros

it is easy to use. They offer free training classes to ensure you know how to use it to it's full capacity

Cons

Pat from Nurses Educational Opportunities, Inc.

Telepayroll is a great "personal touch" service

Ease of use

Pros

Easy to use and fast, great customer service, when and IF the need arises. Highly recommend Telepayroll with this service.

Sharon from Pacifica Landscape & Masonry Co

I am sure that I have not used all of the features, but I like what I have used.

Easy payroll

Pros

Once I got it figured out it has been easy, and I am sure that there is a lot more that it will do that I have not used. My use is minimal.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like. But, again, I am sure that there is a lot more that it will do that I have not used.

Sherri from Purifying Systems

Industry: Architecture & Planning

This has been an easy transition for our company.

Pros

Once you are set up, it's easy! Everything is pretty much there already and you just have to add current payroll info.

Cons

A little confusing at first, but easy once you know your way around. I did print out the manual, which makes a huge difference too.

Linda from EMSOC

Our rep - is the best!

Pros

somewhat easy - but with help - it is great; also the ability to get quick turnarounds is very valuable - with the ease of reports

Cons

Only bad thing is when no one is there to assist with the frequent changes in the program - and we are transferred all over the company for help.

Alain from LBCM, Inc.

We have always been well satisfied by customer service

Payroll _ timeclock

Pros

The software is easy to use and easy to teach. Since we used it, we have not received any complaint.

Cons

I don't have any negative elements to report toward the software and the company. Except the way the pay stub and check are prepared: not very convenienet.