Flock

Flock Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The software is easy to use and has great functionality and the staff is extremely helpful and efficient."
  • icon"I loved that I was able to login and navigate the system with such ease even though I was a first time user."
  • icon"I like that the menus are easily accessible. This software is very clean looking and not cluttered like some."
  • icon"The calendar has limited space to view time off."
  • icon"No real cons - we aren't fully using all the features but it does what we need already."
  • icon"Admin view of employee tasks is clunky with all the employees who ignore their tasks."

Have you used Flock and would like to share your experience with others?

All Flock Reviews

Julie

So Convenient!

It really makes my HR tasks easier and more efficient. I can't imagine not having it. I also get a lot of comments from new hires about how easy it was for them to complete tasks before the first day.

Pros

I love how easy it is to make an offer to an applicant, fill out the W4 and I9 and do other onboarding tasks, enroll in benefits, and track PTO. Makes my job so much easier and reduces paperwork.

Cons

There always seems to be a glitch or hiccup when we enroll in dental/vision benefits. Partly, it's due to having just one application for both, but the system places the check mark in the wrong box often.

Reasons for switching to Flock

I don't know. It was a year or so before I started here.

Sam

If you want 75% of BambooHR

Pros

If you are a small company and just want to electronically keep the HR Data on a cloud platform, this could work.

Cons

However, you will soon grow out of this system. It doesn't meet all your immediate HR needs. For example...you cannot upload your own documents/templates to use for onboarding...you'll have to copy and paste the content unto their template...limited customization on leave of absences...lack of payroll function and limited customization on uploading documents.

Irfanudeen

August 2022

Connect with your workforce anywhere anytime

I really love to connect with versatile people in my company through flock, sending birthday wishes to the unknown friends, making new team-mates, connecting with various department in the company.

Pros

Flock is one of the application which I use most in my routine for sharing the information with my workforce. Every employee in my institute connect easily without wasting time is looking for correct mail id or contact number. We can update our contact number in the flock which allow our employees to reach us in the needy time. Flock is available in mobile application, website, and windows application.

Cons

So far I never felt anything as a drawback of flock, I only reaping the benefits from Flock. I can easily connect with my HR and clear my queries immediately through flock.

Christopher

Industry: Building Materials

Flock just keeps getting better with each iteration.

Very, very good. Completely transformed our benefits administration!

Pros

Overall the customization and adaptability of the platform are my favorite aspects. Often products like this are over-thought and try to do too much without giving consideration to industries that don't fit the norms. For our company we can keep it simple as we build our systems while gently coaxing an old-school manufacturing firm into the 21st century.

Cons

Not much to dislike. Mostly minor items that aren't real hurdles. 1, wish employee tasks could have an expiration or time-out feature. Admin view of employee tasks is clunky with all the employees who ignore their tasks. 2, would be nice if login had a longer window before logging me out.

Pricing and design.

Rick

Cleaner, leaner alternative to Slack

After moving over to Flock, no one on my teams misses Slack. We feel quite at home and are getting good work done.

Pros

I like the integrated Chrome extension as an alternative to the web version of Flock: it's faster and provides desktop notifications that actually work. My team has appreciated the move from Slack to Flock. It's faster, the UI is cleaner and easy to understand. All the essential integrations are there under the + button and a lot of the unnecessary buttons and links that distracting in Slack are gone in Flock. I really like the image annotation tool. I don't have to install a separate Chrome extension to annotate screenshots. The name is cute.

Cons

OK, I'm thinking... The Chrome extension does hog RAM and CPU cycles.

Easy IM

We use Flock at work every day. It’s easy to use, easy to set up, and honestly, fun to use. We never miss a thing, you can set calendars together, share files and many more things

Pros

This software is easy to set up, works great, and helps me connect with my peers at work

Cons

They have an update about once a week. Which I guess is good because they’re keeping their software up-to-date, but also a little annoying to have to update the software very often

Reasons for choosing Flock

We use Flock free version. It was the best fremium software for IM.

Mahara

August 2022

Great application for frequent follow-ups

Pros

Portal is very easy to use for a bingers also. Can track every thing in a single window.

Cons

If you dint follow the task regularly , its hard to re- create in again. Since higher management need to approve for it.

Allen

Flock a great choice for an HRIS/Benefits portal

Flock allows onboarding to start quickly, reducing the administrative burden associated with processing new hires. Consolidating and pushing employee data management to the employee further improves the efficiency associated with employee data management.

Pros

Flock offers instant onboarding enabling our organization to initiate onboarding with minimal candidate information by deferring data collection until a new hire is invited when they enter their information. The efficiency gains are tremendous.

Cons

There isn't a lot I dislike. Flock does a good job of continuing to make improvements so most issues are fairly minor.

Christy

Industry: Machinery

Simple, Clean, Efficient

Flock has allowed me to be more efficient in my position, freeing up my time to work on more employee centered projects and allowing employee's to have a better understanding of the elections they make during enrollment.

Pros

I finally no longer need to use 4 different portals when setting up a new employee with benefits. I use just Flock and it sends all of the information needed to my carriers. With a growing business, I needed to be efficient when it comes to data entry and flock has done that for me. The design is very simple to follow and prompts you to the next page, so nothing is missed. Need to add something or upload information, contacting the Customer Support staff for help integrating new features is easy, and they are great to work with.

Cons

There isn't anything that i do not like about this software. Currently there are a few features i haven't fully learned yet, but having played with them a few times, it seems simple to use and follow.

Reasons for choosing Flock

Flock integrated with our brokers/vendors.

George

We are using Flock to reduce our previously intensive paperwork for HR and Benefits! We LOVE the car

Pros

I love the customer support. Even though the platform is so intuitive and easy to use, there is always an active follow-up from the customer service team to make sure everything is going great.

Cons

There is nothing as such I dislike about Flock.The customer is always the problem with HRIS companies as I have seen, but till now I haven't faced anything in flock, though extremely helpful customer service.

Kyrsten

Industry: Building Materials

Powerful & Adaptable HRIS

This has helped immensely with streamlining our Open Enrollment process, employee communication, and really Benefit Administration as a whole. The reporting features have been of huge value with the required State and Federal fillings for EEOC, Benefits Census, Self Billing, etc. With 5 locations across 3 states, this platform has made Benefit Administration much less time consuming and empowered our employees to understand and set up their benefits.

Pros

Hands down a leader in customer service. I have never worked with such a responsive team before and it is a needed breath of fresh air. If for any reason you have a need for something not already set up in the system the team works diligently to build what is needed - and quickly.

Cons

The only possible speed bump we hit on occasion is that our less tech savvy employees have a tough time getting used to FLOCK at first - change is difficult after all.

William

Great Product, Highly Recommend

Overall I am extremely happy with Flock. The price and customer service will make me recommend this product 10/10. The limitations are an inconvenience but there is usually a work around so it wouldn't ruin my experience.

Pros

This software is very simple to learn and implement. If there are any question I may have, Flock has an excellent service team to help me the very same day, usually within a couple of hours. The price is another huge selling point. A lot can be managed from this platform at such an excellent price.

Cons

My least liked feature is the software's limitations. The system is so user friendly and less expensive because of those limitation. I know they are current updating as they can but features such as editing a W2 rather than deleting and resubmitting would be helpful for the client.

Monica

Stellar Benefits Admin Platform for Small Group

My overall experience with the Flock platform has been EXCEPTIONALLY WONDERFUL AND USER-FRIENDLY AND RELIABLE!

Pros

This platform is really user-friendly for the Administator and the end user. The Technical Support is STELLAR and priceless when it comes to client services and support.

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility with the reporting feature.

Reasons for choosing Flock

We selected this platform for the technology (features), technical support, and pricing.

Reasons for switching to Flock

Hae Rim

Not quite there yet~

Pros

I have a local client who've integrated FLOCK as their HRIS last year. They were with ADP Workforcenow but have decided to move out (long story...) of ADP due to many issues that they have encountered. Fortunately for my client, the cost of FLOCK was paid by one of their partner - so it's a free software for them. In a nutshell, FLOCK is not quite there yet - and I am comparing this to BambooHR and Gusto. It doesn't have built in payroll and doesn't have a standard ATS. It is still trying to figure out e-Signature functionality but it's still very limited. Other than that, it does basic storage of personnel information, upload files, track time-offs, and enroll in medical benefits. It's free so my client can't complain but from someone who've used other leading HRIS, FLOCK isn't quite there yet.

Cons

Needs to improve its e-signature functionality and the ability to take any PDF/Word file and able to use it as e-Signature document. No payroll, ATS, performance management, etc.

Barbara

You'll Love Flock!

We went from a manual paperwork process to having Flock as our HRIS. Overall the experience was easy from set up to daily use.

Pros

Flock is easy to use, for myself and my employees.

Cons

I can't think of any cons of using Flock. The system works great for us.

Donna