• Pros

• "Flock is very easy to work with and set up for online benefits enrollment and administration. "

• "Ease of implementation, on boarding and benefits enrollment are all time consumers and with Flock it saves manhours."

• "Flock was like a group chat where you could actually tell who was speaking."

• Cons

• "Would like more integration with other vendors."

• "The only possible speed bump we hit on occasion is that our less tech savvy employees have a tough time getting used to FLOCK at first - change is difficult after all. "

• "I would like to see my reporting features and flexibility. "

Browse Flock Reviews

Christopher from Taylor Metal Products

Industry: Building Materials

Flock just keeps getting better with each iteration.

Very, very good. Completely transformed our benefits administration!

Pros

Overall the customization and adaptability of the platform are my favorite aspects. Often products like this are over-thought and try to do too much without giving consideration to industries that don't fit the norms. For our company we can keep it simple as we build our systems while gently coaxing an old-school manufacturing firm into the 21st century.

Cons

Not much to dislike. Mostly minor items that aren't real hurdles. 1, wish employee tasks could have an expiration or time-out feature. Admin view of employee tasks is clunky with all the employees who ignore their tasks. 2, would be nice if login had a longer window before logging me out.

Pricing and design.

Christy from Commercial Plastics

Industry: Machinery

Simple, Clean, Efficient

Flock has allowed me to be more efficient in my position, freeing up my time to work on more employee centered projects and allowing employee's to have a better understanding of the elections they make during enrollment.

Pros

I finally no longer need to use 4 different portals when setting up a new employee with benefits. I use just Flock and it sends all of the information needed to my carriers. With a growing business, I needed to be efficient when it comes to data entry and flock has done that for me. The design is very simple to follow and prompts you to the next page, so nothing is missed. Need to add something or upload information, contacting the Customer Support staff for help integrating new features is easy, and they are great to work with.

Cons

There isn't anything that i do not like about this software. Currently there are a few features i haven't fully learned yet, but having played with them a few times, it seems simple to use and follow.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

Flock integrated with our brokers/vendors.

Sam from HRology Group, LLC.

If you want 75% of BambooHR

Pros

If you are a small company and just want to electronically keep the HR Data on a cloud platform, this could work.

Cons

However, you will soon grow out of this system. It doesn't meet all your immediate HR needs. For example...you cannot upload your own documents/templates to use for onboarding...you'll have to copy and paste the content unto their template...limited customization on leave of absences...lack of payroll function and limited customization on uploading documents.

James from The Gun Dealer

Easy IM

We use Flock at work every day. It’s easy to use, easy to set up, and honestly, fun to use. We never miss a thing, you can set calendars together, share files and many more things

Pros

This software is easy to set up, works great, and helps me connect with my peers at work

Cons

They have an update about once a week. Which I guess is good because they’re keeping their software up-to-date, but also a little annoying to have to update the software very often

Reasons for Choosing Flock

We use Flock free version. It was the best fremium software for IM.

Kyrsten from Taylor Metal Products

Industry: Building Materials

Powerful & Adaptable HRIS

This has helped immensely with streamlining our Open Enrollment process, employee communication, and really Benefit Administration as a whole. The reporting features have been of huge value with the required State and Federal fillings for EEOC, Benefits Census, Self Billing, etc. With 5 locations across 3 states, this platform has made Benefit Administration much less time consuming and empowered our employees to understand and set up their benefits.

Pros

Hands down a leader in customer service. I have never worked with such a responsive team before and it is a needed breath of fresh air. If for any reason you have a need for something not already set up in the system the team works diligently to build what is needed - and quickly.

Allen from Carney, Inc.

Flock a great choice for an HRIS/Benefits portal

Flock allows onboarding to start quickly, reducing the administrative burden associated with processing new hires. Consolidating and pushing employee data management to the employee further improves the efficiency associated with employee data management.

Pros

Flock offers instant onboarding enabling our organization to initiate onboarding with minimal candidate information by deferring data collection until a new hire is invited when they enter their information. The efficiency gains are tremendous.

Cons

There isn't a lot I dislike. Flock does a good job of continuing to make improvements so most issues are fairly minor.

Rick from Fascinating Monsters

Cleaner, leaner alternative to Slack

After moving over to Flock, no one on my teams misses Slack. We feel quite at home and are getting good work done.

Pros

I like the integrated Chrome extension as an alternative to the web version of Flock: it's faster and provides desktop notifications that actually work. My team has appreciated the move from Slack to Flock. It's faster, the UI is cleaner and easy to understand. All the essential integrations are there under the + button and a lot of the unnecessary buttons and links that distracting in Slack are gone in Flock. I really like the image annotation tool. I don't have to install a separate Chrome extension to annotate screenshots. The name is cute.

Cons

OK, I'm thinking... The Chrome extension does hog RAM and CPU cycles.

Maura from MVGA

The best HR management tool

I have found Flock to be the best tool for employee time off and company wide calendar viewing.

Pros

It's easy for all employees to access to view their benefits/time off

Cons

The calendar has limited space to view time off

Will from MMA New England

Great Platform

Flock is a great tool to help HR simplify their jobs. it keeps all the tasks and documents in one place

Pros

The software is very easy to learn and use. Also if there are questions the Flock support team is very responsive.

Cons

The software can be limiting. An example is for HR documents, they cannot be edited. They have to be discarded and resubmitted. It is not a huge deal but it would be easier to have the ability to edit.

Gina from Quark Pharmaceuticals Inc

Love this product!

Pros

Makes Benefit Administration for new hires, employees and open enrollment run so much smoothly. Love not having employees have to fill out enrollment paper forms.

Cons

I would like to see more custom reports that I can create

Monica from MMA

Great Bene Admin Software for Small Groups

My experience has been exceptional great. The platform is really easy to use for configuration and the technical support really responsive and extremely helpful. WONDERFUL STAFF!

Pros

The Ben Admin platform is very user-friend for the Benefits Admins/HRIS and clients. If there are any questions, the team is very eager to assist and very responsive. Their customer service is excellent and second to done. I love working on this platform and this team. I would recommend this technology pack to other clients looking for a Ben Admin system. Flock offers an easy Ben Admin/HRIS system for groups with 20 to 50 lives. Configuring plans in the database is pretty simple which make plan setup easy, Admin and employee interfacing simple and satisfying. The database is able to be a solution of Ben Admin and HRIS requirements.

Cons

I would like to see my reporting features and flexibility.

Hae Rim from HRology Group

Not quite there yet~

Pros

I have a local client who've integrated FLOCK as their HRIS last year. They were with ADP Workforcenow but have decided to move out (long story...) of ADP due to many issues that they have encountered. Fortunately for my client, the cost of FLOCK was paid by one of their partner - so it's a free software for them. In a nutshell, FLOCK is not quite there yet - and I am comparing this to BambooHR and Gusto. It doesn't have built in payroll and doesn't have a standard ATS. It is still trying to figure out e-Signature functionality but it's still very limited. Other than that, it does basic storage of personnel information, upload files, track time-offs, and enroll in medical benefits. It's free so my client can't complain but from someone who've used other leading HRIS, FLOCK isn't quite there yet.

Cons

Needs to improve its e-signature functionality and the ability to take any PDF/Word file and able to use it as e-Signature document. No payroll, ATS, performance management, etc.

Donna from DCS

Flock is a great tool to assist any HR office.

As a one man HR Department it saves me time, helps keep compliance and provides custom reporting I need.

Pros

Cons

Would like more integration with other vendors.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

Great product that is very affordable for a small business.

Randy from Pacific Rim Employee Beneffits, Inc.

Beneefits Administration

Flock works very good for a Company that wants to offer online benefits enrollment for their employees.

Pros

Cons

Unfortunately, the system doesn't integrate with Payroll software, so their is an extra step in the payroll deductions for benefits.

Reasons for Choosing Flock

At the time, it was an easy transition to offer online enrollment with out having to worry about changing the Company payroll system.

Melissa from Human Resources

Very Easy to Use

Support is really quick and helpful. We had an issue where it was breaking down premiums bi-weekly instead of semi-monthly and they helped us get it fixed literally within hours.

Pros

I really like the easy of use of the system. Getting employees setup to elect benefits is really simple and I get an email with all their elections once done. I also like that it breaks down employer costs versus employee costs so that employees can play around with adding dependents etc.

Cons

I haven't come across anything that I dislike about the system as of yet.

Melanie from Clear Labs, Inc

HR/Accountin Use

We are solving the issue of HR management and document retention. Once I have time, I will integrate it with ADP our payroll software to make that process seemless.

Pros

I like that it has all the information for employees and we get notified if employees make changes

Cons

Nothing honestly. I have not incurred any issues.

Amber from Childcare

Old

Pros

Flock was like a group chat where you could actually tell who was speaking.

Cons

I didn’t like that sometimes notifications didn’t come through and that people could be added and deleted at any given time.

Alison from Independence Coffee Co

Industry: Food Production

Love Flock

Pros

Very easy to use and communicate instantly with my co-workers.

Cons

Cannot thing of anything I do not like about Flock.

Great product for the business that adopts it

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to connect with others that you work with. It is cross platform and also works well with your devices. It has some great features and also is colorful and fun to just look at.

Cons

What I like least about it is that unless your entire team uses it, then it is just simply adding one more thing that you have to keep up with. If it was required at work then it would be used and i believe would create better communication.

Jim from Ducati NA

Easy to use and navigate

Flock allows me to find HR info or request time off in moments, freeing up my time to focus on my primary responsibilities.

Pros

Flock provides me all the HR-related info at my fingertips. Everything from time-off, to benefit info, to organizational charts is accessible in an instant in an easy-to-navigate UI. Full company calendar visibility is useful in planning scheduling with other team members.

Cons

I have had no issues to report nor can I think of any drawbacks at this time.

George from Bargainee

We are using Flock to reduce our previously intensive paperwork for HR and Benefits! We LOVE the car

Pros

I love the customer support. Even though the platform is so intuitive and easy to use, there is always an active follow-up from the customer service team to make sure everything is going great.

Cons

There is nothing as such I dislike about Flock.The customer is always the problem with HRIS companies as I have seen, but till now I haven't faced anything in flock, though extremely helpful customer service.

Nicholas from Advanced Onion

Great service

My overall experience with Flock has been extremely positive.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has great functionality and the staff is extremely helpful and efficient.

Cons

No comment to add regarding dislikes of the software at this time. I

priyanka from Flipboard

Very easy to use

Pros

Good user intuitive flow between different sections and tabs

Cons

I have been using this for more than a year now and cannot think of any

Dawn from Clark and Associates

Software that streamlines Employee Benefits

Pros

The fact that employees can go to one place to sign up for benefits and then all forms are populated by answers is a huge time saver for the employee, employer and broker.

Cons

Sometimes it is not as compatible with other software as we would like.

Leon from Plexxikon

Easy to use!

So much easier to use compare to what we use to have. Don't really need to stumble around to find things.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Able to enter my benefit info without any issues or questions

Cons

I'd like to see more menu's from home page instead of just listing everything

Seth from Pedal tavern

Another great messaging app

Pros

Another app my company uses for communication and it is fantastic. Wish I had heard about it earlier. Very easy to use and communicate

Cons

I have sometimes not gotten notifications sent to me. But other than that I have had no troubles with the app

Shayla from Patra Corp

Extremely User Friendly

Pros

I loved that I was able to login and navigate the system with such ease even though I was a first time user. I was able to complete my employers required tasks and review/enroll in my company sponsored benefits without having to obtain assistance.

Cons

I just can't think of any this was the easiest benefits platform I have used.

Guisela from Bohemian Club

Easy, friendly and quick turnaround!

Pros

That it was easy to use and does exactly what you want it to!

Cons

Honestly, I have no cons to speak of. Flock to Flock, like everyone else is saying.

George from Pearl Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

Great product, easy to use

Easy to update commuter benefits, review insurance coverage etc

Pros

Very easy to use and make updated as needed.

Cons

None

Matthew from Heffernan Insurance Brokers

Flock

It was a pleasure doing business with the Flock team

Pros

Easy to contact the sales rep and the team at flock. They provide great customer support.

Cons

Do not integrate with certain payroll vendors.

Siva Kumari from Quark Pharma

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Effective and Very useful product

Pros

menus and options were easy to navigate. helps to easy to navigate

Cons

no complains on the HR platform. Everything worked fine

Jenn from Bad habit pets

Industry: Veterinary

Business messaging made complicated

Pros

The idea of this application is fantastic but not without flaws

Cons

Extra hassle and money, all features can simply and freely be found through Facebook messenger

Rebecca from Myriad Supply

I'd flock to Flock :)

Pros

The customer support is really helpful and prompt which I so appreciate. Helping employees with their benefits can be a very sensitive experience and they've helped to fix issues with ease. It's also a very clean platform that's quite intuitive.

Cons

There is nothing that stands out in my memory as unfavorable.