• Pros

• "this software is easy to access and straight forward "

• "It serves its purpose of finding dozens of job openings and makes it easy to apply for the job that you want. It is easy to navigate and is very useful for looking for a job."

• "I used GlassDoor when I was looking into new job positions after moving out of state. It was very simple to use and had a user friendly layout."

• Cons

• "its a valid reason why this software has been around for so many years, its great"

• "There aren't too many cons to think of. Sometimes former employees who quit years prior will leave reviews and they will show up as recent which could confuse potential candidates. "

• "For an end user's perspective, there were so many ads that came up. You have to contribute before looking at some reviews. "

Browse Glassdoor Reviews

Alexandra from The Sophisticated Geek OÜ

Better than indeed

Great for checking out reviews- this is an advantage over indeed. Yes they have reviews too, but somehow in HR it has become a standard to check glassdoor reviews.

Pros

Again, we need to differ between glassdoor for employers, and for jobseekers. I use glassdoor when searching for a job, and found both the uploading process (cv etc.) and reviews very helpful. I read reviews as a standard procedure even when dealing with clients- I love people, and working with them, so an abundance of bad reviews is a bad sign- and I like to be prepared.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind. I think it is great the way it is.

Reasons for Choosing Glassdoor

You hear the name more often, and this creates trust.

Milenko from NCR

Best way to review companies and current job openings

Glassdoor is good and I am satisfied with it, but I do hope that issue with jobs which are sent to me via email, will be addressed in near future, as that one of the very important features of every job search.

Pros

Glassdoor provides innovative way for employees to search for future job openings, by reviewing both the company and available jobs. This is really useful when I am looking for new position, as I can check reviews from other people who worked before there and what are the pros and cons of the specific job, so I can prepare myself accordingly and show the best of me.

Cons

It is really great that we are getting email updates from the Glassdoor for specific job criteria, but unfortunately for some reason I keep getting job posts which are either away from my city ( or they are listed in my feed because I have chosen Remote Positions, but they don't have such ) and\or don't fall under my Salary expectation.

Reasons for Switching to Glassdoor

I made a switch, because Indeed didn't provide me with reviews about the Company and experience of the ex-workers of certain Company.

Elena from Lifetime Roof & Solar

As a job seeker, this software has been my lifeline!

Love it!! The company information that they provide has been the deciding factor several times when I am considering job offers.

Pros

I have used Glassdoor more times than I can count. This is my first stop when I am considering applying to a new job. The review feature is a brilliant concept. I love being able to see what a company offers (benefits, work life balance, culture) before I invest time applying to the company. Their job application feature has increased in quality over the years as well.

Cons

My only major complaint at this point is the app that they have released. For some reason, when you are searching for a job on the app, you are not able to look up the benefits of the company. You can only access this information on the website version of the software. One of the main reasons I use Glassdoor is to check company benefits (401k, insurance, PTO, etc.), so not being able to see this on the app seems a bit counterintuitive.

Glassdoor Review

Overall great - no particular issues as there are no costs associated with it.

Pros

As an administrator, being able to post advertisement is great. No charge for this method which is a plus as well.

Cons

There are no particular issues with the site/product itself, however, EVP can potentially be increased for brand awareness (which would relate to candidates accessing the site for potential roles compared to other competitors).

Job Hunting Just Got Better

Truly a wonderful experience and would highly recommend to others!

Pros

I really liked the breadth and depth of the postings on Glassdoor. In addition, there are salary insights as well as reviews from people who work at that company. It really provides a terrific way to get a glimpse of company culture and the interview process.

Cons

I did not like how you have to pay or sign in to get the best insights from Glassdoor. The website locks you out if you do not have a subscription so you do not get access to everything if you are not signed in. That being said, it is worth it!

Fabian from Aqua Phorce Productions

Glassdoor is a Legend

Pros

this software is easy to access and straight forward

Know the Employees Experience

I get to have a peak on how does the company impact its employee through glassdoor, you can see how satisfied they are when it comes to flexibility of working hours, salary and compensation, allowance and incentive, including employees recommendation if it's worth it to apply to a certain job. The things that we need to know that aren't shown on the job postings of HRs are posted in Glassdoor. So before you apply glassdoor should be a good platform to use.

Pros

I like that it has a fair feature where you can see the salary of specific jobs from specific companies. It gives you the idea of how much can they offer and if it's worth it to apply on a job.

Cons

I think they should market the Glassdoor more to reach out for more users so that the resources and information found on the software would grow as well, because it's not complete at all, but I cannot blame them because all the views and opinions stated on Glassdoor are purely from real employers and that's what important for me.

Johnathan from Applebees

Pros

Cons

They want you to create an account before you can look for a job. This seems minor, but I prefer being able to immediately look for a job opening the moment I click on a websites link. Not have to deal with additional steps to apply for a job.

Sharon from PRA Global

Positions Come to Your Inbox

Glassdoor tends to send you more positions rather than less than one would expect either by key word or age of job description. I don't find this a negative overall.

Pros

The alerts with job positions are easy to set up on your page. They come to you as regularly as you want them.

Cons

The alerts often contain positions that are very different than the what you've set up with key words from positions you have an interest in.

Dan from Superunion

Not the best job site

Pros

Lots of ways to see reviews and look for jobs.

Cons

They take down negative reviews and let companies write fake positive ones. It is not an honest say as much as they say they are. I had a review of a past employer taken down and there was no reason, whenever I reached out to them they gave me the run around.

Ramakrishna from ICONMA

Excellent app to know new opportunities

It gives elaborate data about the organization's structure, review, overview, salaries, past interviewer suggestions, and quick data which can be used before giving an interview to a company. Easy to use and have many insights helps to go through the interview rounds and get it cleared. Less expensive and user friendly on both the web-based and mobile platforms.

Pros

The most important part of Glassdoor is the Interview questions option, which helps the job seekers to know more about the company and its interview process. Keep you the updated information about the positions and opportunities available in the company.

Cons

Sometimes I see a few fake reviews and employees post reviews on frustration which brings a false impression on the company. They don't have a resume search option in them, so that recruited can make use of it. You can't make a connection with individuals to know more about the interview process. It doesn't have an in-build application tracking system in it like some of its competitors.

Reasons for Switching to Glassdoor

Glassdoor Mobile application was good than Indeed user interface.

Great for Building Brand Awareness

We have had a great experience with Glassdoor so far. I love how you can highlight positive reviews and interviews by featuring them. It helps to underscore your company's positive attributes.

Pros

Becoming an engaged employer on Glassdoor is a key part of employer branding given that the majority of candidates will review your Glassdoor page before deciding whether or not to join your company. You can easily connect with applicants on Glassdoor via your job postings as well as curated content that you can publish directly to your page. Glassdoor has really in depth analytics that allow you to do a deep dive into your reviews. My company has multiple offices in the US and globally and through reviews analytics, we are able to see what offices the most positive/negative feedback is coming from as well as which position titles write the most positive/negative reviews. You can also see what words are most common in positive/negative reviews which helps us to gauge what we are doing well and what we need to improve.

Amy from Wiro Agency

The idea of Glassdoor is great, but I have concerns around review legitimacy

Pros

Glassdoor often gives a great insight into what to expect from working with a company - in day to day internal works, expectations and salary. If used correctly, it can help forge decisions and help employees understand if they are the right fit. It can also be used to hold employers accountable for maintaining a good working experience. The platform works well and is simple.

Cons

I think it is often used incorrectly and therefore used to manipulate. Often, employers will prompt for employees to leave a review whilst they are working for them or only a few months into their position which somewhat forces them to leave overly positive reviews through fear of backlash. Especially for smaller companies, it is easy to tell who has left a negative review from the job title they have specified. Employers will often try to hide negative reviews by getting employees to leave multiple positive reviews after a negative. You have to be signed in to do most things and mobile has a lot of popups.

Kishore from Southern Cross Austereo

Good to refer the expirience of other

Good platform for research about the company and other details.

Pros

Very good place to see and learn about other people experience with other companies and their culture.

Cons

no issues with integration, stand alone platform for new people searching for about the details of company and other details.

Glassdoor is THE gold standard for employees reviews. Great places to find new candidates/jobs.

Overall great exeperience. Ultimate company reviewing spot and great place to find a job!

Pros

Glassdoor is the the #1 stop for company reviews. This is an excellent place to find reviews from employees and get honest feedback on benefits, interviews, and upper management. Also a great place to post or find jobs- reaches a wide audience.

Cons

The reviews must be taken with a grain of salt because many companies end up encouraging their employees write Glassdoor reviews for them.

Thiago from BRQ

An alternative way to search a job

Last year I was searching for a new job since i was left the company which i worked during 7 years. So I was applying for new jobs using Linkedin, Google, Facebook posts, Telegram groups, and I applied for the position and I could see the salary rate. 2 weeks after , the HR Manager called me , and told me about my contact was taken using Glassdoor. I did all test processes and I was approved for the QA position applying my resume to Glassdoor.

Pros

Glassdoor collects all informations related to company, described by users what already worked or left the company. The most positive point is to check the company reputation, salary rate, pros and cons notes reported and the job opportunities

Cons

Glassdoor could implement the GPTW rank divided by country/city according to user location.

Kimberly from Non Profit Organization

A great means to finding the job you want!

I found the perfect part-time job with Glassdoor and the entire process was very seamless.

Pros

In looking for a part-time job I found Glassdoor extremely easy to use and offered many options. It was easy to find research on the companies I was interested in.

Cons

Sometimes I was directed towards jobs that were outside the parameters of the types of jobs I was interested in.

Michael from Bupa

Check before you move

It remains a go to app to learn about how a company works from internal reviews.

Pros

Great at giving you an insight into a company based on the reviews of people that have worked at those companies - you can check salary ranges and benefits for certain jobs too!

Cons

It requires you share your own job details before you can see any details that you may be interested in.

Eric from Insurance

Great to find positions

I think it’s a great application to find open positions you may be interested in based on your field of study while also searching into other interests.

Pros

Cons

I really only used it on my phone so I didn’t like to do the application process from the app. Instead I would find open positions that interested me and then do the applications from the desktop.

Byron from Yum Deliveries Ltd

Glassdoor for Job search

The overall experience is great and I would recommend checking out information about a potential employer from them.

Pros

I like their salary range feature and the way you can see information relating to the company culture. You can be able to compare different companies.

Cons

Some of their reviews on companies are old and you can't really use it to evaluate if the company is a fit from reviews of 6 years back. They also send annoying emails about jobs that have nothing to do with your career interest.

Colleen from PURE

great for job hunting

Was very happy with it and thought it was the best for looking into different jobs available.

Pros

When I was searching for new jobs this was the app I liked most for how it looked and its ease of use.

Cons

There should be an easier way to organize things you've looked at and are looking for and group things how you'd like.

Mischa from INNAX

Finding new employees

Our employees can leave honest reviews about the workplace and other people can see actual opinions on what its like to work at our company, potentially influencing them to work for us.

Pros

The transparancy to present your company to potential new employees from the perspective of current employees. The reviews can be done anonymous so people get an actual image of what the workplace is about and not an image that is curated.

Cons

In my country, the netherlands, its not used that much right now. Potential employees use other tools like linkedin to check potential workplaces. Glassdoor is still very much upcomming.

Jon from Elead

Transparency

A great tool to quickly get water cooler gossip and inside scoop from the average worker. It’s a voice for the people.

Pros

I love that employees can post their thoughts on the platform and it is there to stay. It’s a great tool to get a different perspective when evaluating job offers

Cons

I really don’t have any cons to list, it’s simple and that’s what I like about it. I don’t get the feeling that they are financially motivated like yelp

Kenny from Compass Learning

Glassdoor is a one stop website for finding reviews on companies

Great! They are a top of mind choice providing high quality reviews on companies and job searching.

Pros

You will find several reviews of the company you are searching for on Glassdoor. I recommend taking a few minutes and read several of them, so that you can fairly evaluate the company that you are searching for.

Cons

Companies can submit requests to have a review removed.

AuBree from Consumer Services

Great for Job Searching

Glassdoor from the perspective of a job applicant is quite good and in a lot of ways better than indeed. However, not as many companies use it but I wish more did.

Pros

Easy to use, mostly easy to navigate interface, company info all in one place and easy to access, review interface is easy to use

Cons

You have to have an account in order to view a significant amount of features, there was nothing else glaring.

Farid from Textmimedia

Even a fish bot can leave a review on your company page, this is how tight is their validation process. They won't do anything in regards to bad reviews no matter what they say, no matter if it makes sense or doesn't. My overall experience: Glassdoor uses fake negative reviews that violate their terms in order to gain leverage over businesses.

Pros

How there is no one to administer it. How they forcefully prompt you to sign-up or login in order to VIEW the company pages. How anyone can post anything without any consequences.

Cons

Terrible UX, terrible support, no concrete contact details, seems to be pretty much ran by a ghost company. No answers from their staff, nothing happens when you flag reviews that violate their policies. Just nothing, it's just out there for anyone to complain about any random company. There is no concrete validation system.

Malecia from Personal

Get to Know the Company

I like it a lot. I use it especially to get an idea on salary expectations and I read the reviews.

Pros

My favorite thing about Glassdoor is that they don't hold back. Whatever it is that you may want to know about the company will be there.

Cons

There's nothing honestly that I can say that I don't like about it. I use it for a certain purpose and it's met that purpose each time.

Great to Research Companies

Using GlassDoor as an end user, I found that I was able to build a comprehensive profile for each company I was looking at interviewing with. This was easy to use and very helpful!

Pros

The ratings for companies were the best. When doing research for new companies, there was a lot of information from employees on the prospective company. GlassDoor is one of the best research options in this way.

Caleb from Skelpo Inc.

Job Listing Overload

The research tools are good, but the automated job alerts felt like spam.

Pros

The salary calculator is a handy tool to have around when looking for a position you've never worked in and the company reviews are insightful when applying for a new job.

Cons

The job alerts that I received multiple times a day rarely, if ever, had a position that I was interested in applying for.

Jacob from Asbury Foundation

Industry: Fund-Raising

Glassdoor Review

Overall, Glassdoor provides all the necessary features to be a sufficient hiring website.

Pros

Glassdoor allows a user to post a company review anonymously, which is a benefit. Glassdoor is also user friendly.

Cons

When having fellow coworkers complete reviews for their company, Glassdoor requires they set up an account which can be a deterrent to completing a review.

Nitin from BSL

Glassdoor needs some good doors to be opened.

It was good in the beginning but after facing some problems, i have switched to Linkedin.

Pros

Glassdoor is very old and has a large dataset of all companies mostly and no doubt Comparison feature between two organizations is very useful in decision making. Also descriptive and good UI reviews can be read easily with very less time consumption.

Cons

The most annoying thing while using glassdoor is that it forces you to add Review/salary before viewing any review of any company, i understand that the main aim is to increase user engagement but it shouldn't be blocking user flow.

Glassdoor for applicants

Fair, wouldn't recommend it, but would use it again to look up salaries or company culture.

Pros

I do like the average salary feature, it can give you a good idea of what to shoot for within certain companies.

Cons

Cluttered, not super user friendly. You cannot really view anything without having an account, to see some reviews I kept getting redirected which was a little frustrating.