All Glassdoor Reviews

Chibuike

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

My Glassdoor Website Experience

Glassdoor has made it much easier for people like myself to gain insight into the culture and work environment of any particular organization. Not only does it allow me to read reviews from current and former employees, but also provides a concise yet comprehensive overview of the company in question. This website has a very user-friendly interface to make navigation easier for me.

PROS

One of the most unique features of JobFind is that employees can leave ratings and reviews on opportunities related to career growth and development. This feature can have helped me to assess potential employers and decide whether a particular job is a right fit for me.

CONS

I experienced some limitations while using the platform. Glassdoor reviews cannot always be taken as gospel truth. It is open to anyone to post their reviews, so it can be hard to verify if they are credible or unbiased. It is possible that some reviews come from current or ex-employees who have had a bad experience and are disgruntled.

Melody

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2022

Look Into the Glassdoor to Know What You're Getting Into

Overall my experience with Glassdoor has been a good one. This software is really easy to use and anyone can quickly learn how to get the most out of it.

PROS

I really enjoy the anonymity of sharing information about companies. You're also not required to have an account to find the information you're looking for.

CONS

There's very little to say here except that maybe the application process isn't as intuitive as it could be.

Reasons for switching to Glassdoor

LinkedIn did not provide specifics about company cultures (mostly because there is no anonymity so people feel they must limit what can be said.)

Mouath

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Good website for seeking vacancies

Its good. However, when you are looking for a job, you cant miss galssdoor as its one of the reputed websites to find your new career with.

PROS

I like the way they organize the website structure, its good and straight forward. Plus, they provide some good features like salaries and companies reviews.

CONS

I start feeling that a lot of their vacancies are not real. Its impossible to apply for hundreds of jobs that matching 100% my skills and experience without even being called from the employer! But, I can't blame glassdoor. It may be a fake position from the employer himself.

Rick

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Great Source For Higher Paying Positions

Glassdoor is on the top of the list of quality job boards. It brings in the highest quality candidates to your more difficult jobs to fill. People using Glassdoor know that this is a quality job board with quality jobs.

PROS

You can really focus on showcasing your company culture and attract qualified candidates to your company as opposed to a certain job title. Getting candidates to buy into your company before just the job is imperative to finding a candidate that will stay for the long haul

CONS

It's a bit hard to navigate at first as it's unlike normal job boards. It's quite dynamic. Once you learn how to navigate all the tools it is worth the initial frustrations.

Reason for choosing Glassdoor

Anyone who knows Glassdoor knows they are a high end job board that quality candidates use to get the highest paying and best jobs from.

Reasons for switching to Glassdoor

I was getting quality candidates through Zip Recruiter but the price increased every month. Glassdoor doesn't increase your prices for you. They maintain their price guarantee. They aren't the cheapest for sure, but you're paying for the high quality candidates you receive from them.

Amy

Design, 11-50 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

The idea of Glassdoor is great, but I have concerns around review legitimacy

PROS

Glassdoor often gives a great insight into what to expect from working with a company - in day to day internal works, expectations and salary. If used correctly, it can help forge decisions and help employees understand if they are the right fit. It can also be used to hold employers accountable for maintaining a good working experience. The platform works well and is simple.

CONS

I think it is often used incorrectly and therefore used to manipulate. Often, employers will prompt for employees to leave a review whilst they are working for them or only a few months into their position which somewhat forces them to leave overly positive reviews through fear of backlash. Especially for smaller companies, it is easy to tell who has left a negative review from the job title they have specified. Employers will often try to hide negative reviews by getting employees to leave multiple positive reviews after a negative. You have to be signed in to do most things and mobile has a lot of popups.

George

Automotive, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Glasdoor recruiting

PROS

An interesting recruiting and career portal where I found some opportunities for a new job

CONS

There is bad communication with employer and not feedback from employer.

Austin

Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Ease to manage as a business

PROS

Working in marketing, I help out HR a lot with Glassdoor. The branding, company updates, and the profile itself. I also help with reviews and creating reports. Everything is easy to use.

CONS

I have not found a con for Glassdoor at this time.

Anna

Entertainment, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Useful for reviews, hit and miss for salaries, terrible UX

PROS

Company review database by current and former employees is unrivaled - if you need to find out what people think of your company, that's the place.

CONS

Salary database is hit and miss. The UX is absolutely terrible - search & filter is nearly impossible to use, dropdown for countries and cities is terrible, and the website often has issues with switching from one domain to another.

Reshma

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Glassdoor Review

Very good as gives complete clarity about a company's overall work culture and how employee centric it is.

PROS

The reviews posted encompass almost all insider things about an organization which is really helpful for both choosing a company.

CONS

It could be vendetta feedback posted with wrong intentions ; such reviews might negatively influence decision making

Found Glassdoor more transparent

Anusha

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Found accurate information about an organization

there should be a feature to identify the facts when one is posting about a company.

PROS

We get to know a lot about the organization from which we are getting resources or the organization we are joining to.

CONS

Sometime the information will be false and we unnecessarily end up judging a company.

Ramakrishna

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Excellent app to know new opportunities

It gives elaborate data about the organization's structure, review, overview, salaries, past interviewer suggestions, and quick data which can be used before giving an interview to a company. Easy to use and have many insights helps to go through the interview rounds and get it cleared. Less expensive and user friendly on both the web-based and mobile platforms.

PROS

The most important part of Glassdoor is the Interview questions option, which helps the job seekers to know more about the company and its interview process. Keep you the updated information about the positions and opportunities available in the company.

CONS

Sometimes I see a few fake reviews and employees post reviews on frustration which brings a false impression on the company. They don't have a resume search option in them, so that recruited can make use of it. You can't make a connection with individuals to know more about the interview process. It doesn't have an in-build application tracking system in it like some of its competitors.

Reasons for switching to Glassdoor

Glassdoor Mobile application was good than Indeed user interface.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2021

Job Hunting Just Got Better

Truly a wonderful experience and would highly recommend to others!

PROS

I really liked the breadth and depth of the postings on Glassdoor. In addition, there are salary insights as well as reviews from people who work at that company. It really provides a terrific way to get a glimpse of company culture and the interview process.

CONS

I did not like how you have to pay or sign in to get the best insights from Glassdoor. The website locks you out if you do not have a subscription so you do not get access to everything if you are not signed in. That being said, it is worth it!

Melissa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2022

One of the best tools for searching for employment

For the most part, Glassdoor is great. There are so many listings and companies to choose from.

PROS

I love how easy it is to browse jobs & search for particular jobs in any are of the U.S. I find many pertinent listings. This is definitely one of my favorite job search applications.

CONS

The only con is that Glassdoor sometimes emails me jobs that are not what I'm looking for. I just sift through to find the ones that interest me.

Anthony

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Glassdoor is prefect for company reviews. Terrible for job search.

My experience with Glassdoor started off well several years ago. But I stopped using or recommending it for job searches.

PROS

The company review section is the most valuable feature! I love that current and former employees can share their experiences so job seekers have a better way of knowing the true culture vs what recruiters and interviewers share, which is usually only the positives or exaggerated benefits.

CONS

The job search function is easy. However, I NEVER received one call when applying to position on Glassdoor. However, I received calls for the same position when they're listed on LinkedIn or Indeed. As a result, I only use Glassdoor for company reviews. Also, I submitted reviews for former employers. After a few weeks, my posts disappeared. So, I submitted another one. Same thing happened. I reached out to Glassdoor to report my reviews have been removed. They were good enough to be approved and posted. So why did they keep disappearing? My guess - Companies can pay to remove certain reviews. Glassdoor denied they remove reviews. But it's happened to several people I know.

Fabian

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Glassdoor is a Legend

PROS

this software is easy to access and straight forward

CONS

its a valid reason why this software has been around for so many years, its great

Destiny

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Love this site!

PROS

I love that it has reviews for each company and what it's like working there, so you can truly find a job that you know you'll love.

CONS

I really can't think of any negatives, I use this very frequently.

Charles

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2022

Glassdoor 101

Not great but okay. The experience was okay overall, nothing out of the ordinary.

PROS

Uploading my resume was fairly easy and I was able to start looking for jobs in under 15-30minutes, which was a positive experience at that time. I enjoyed that I could always make changes on my profile and update it when needed. Good overall platform similar to Indeed.

CONS

Very little support in terms of building your profile. I would have like to have a bit more follow ups from Glassdoor as well. The variety of jobs in my field was limited as well, not Glassdoor's fault but I was just expecting much more for the platform overallé

Navdeep

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Product Review

PROS

Excellent job search tool, provides perfect profile matched job opportunities.

CONS

Do not come across any cons for this software

10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2022

An amazing app for job hunting, salary negotiations and understanding work ethics of a firm

A must-use app for anything related to jobs starting from job applying and deciding to take up an offer or not.

PROS

The most I like about this software is the fact this software could be used to understand what jobs I could apply to and then I get to read interviews as which is the best part of glassdoor for me. Apart from this, the software gives an overview of the total pay(base, stocks, joining bonus etc.) given to a candidate which helps tremendously during salary negotiation if less salary is being provided for a person of a same job position, location and firm when compared to the salaries mentioned on glassdoor. Even market pay of a particular job profile could be gauged from this software as well.

CONS

The least I like about this is nothing to me actually as I truly love every aspect I explored in this app.