What are GoalSpan users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using GoalSpan software through verified user reviews

• icon"We are in the UK - the GoalSpan team are always responsive and helpful despite the time difference."
  • icon"The best part of the system for us is the quality of the product for the cost and the ongoing responsive customer support teams."
  • icon"I was honestly impressed with how user-friendly it is now. GoalSpan has made a time-consuming , HR duty very easy, if not, enjoyable."
  • icon"The biggest hurdle in implementing a review and planning process are the fears and misunderstandings that people have about it and the poor implementation by managers."
  • icon"One of the things I didn't care for was setting up events. Another area I struggled with was deleting or making changes on goals."

Browse all GoalSpan Reviews

• Have you used GoalSpan and would like to share your experience with others?

Working with Goalspan has been excellent.

Eliminated paper reviews. Allowed a small company to have an affordable tool to manage performance.

Pros

Journal entries, virtual suggestion box, electronic acknowledgements, customization of the software, excellent customer service

Cons

Setting up the evaluation templates at first can cumbersome since you have to enter information in two different areas. But once a template is established the rest are easier to develop.

Lisa

I have been a happy customer of GoalSpan since 2010! The Performance Review process made easy!

The software saves time and makes a recurring task of Performance Reviews - setting-up, completing, and storing, a painless process . You can also utilize it to set goals for employees, and communicate with or create notes for an employee, or track an employee's progress. I would recommend that any business with 5+ employees look into it! There is much value in this system.

Pros

It is easy to administer the online system. I went in this year, a little behind schedule, updated my 17 employees information, and scheduled the task of delivering the reviews to our employees and their managers. I used to need assistance for setting up this process, but this year, I was intuitively able to do this myself in less than 15 minutes for email notifications to go out to each person, due to the continual improvements that are being made to the system. I was honestly impressed with how user-friendly it is now. GoalSpan has made a time-consuming , HR duty very easy, if not, enjoyable.

Cons

From an Administrator perspective, you cannot control when and whether the managers complete their tasks or not. You will notice the Employees will complete in a timely manner, but Managers have other priorities and you will have to keep sending notifications and following up with them and explain how it works, most likely!

Victoria

May 2022

Pros vs Cons

Too early to have a solid opinion, however as a manufacturing environment, the majority of our employees do not have computer access, and many do not use computers at all. I also have multiple management members that have very poor computer/writing skills which makes using any electronic program more challenging. Additionally, since the majority of my employees need evaluations created for them, it necessitates bringing in an additional resource/program to facilitate the process. So, from my perspective, having to oversee and support managers learn and manage two separate programs will be labor intensive. I've heard there may be an arm of Goalspan that can be used to create 'one way' evals for manager subordinates. This would allow for all my employees to be in the same system, if not the same section of the software. I also So, from the standpoint of efficiency I am in need of using an additional solution in order to perform the majority of my employees evaluations and that means that my managers need to learn to use two programs. Not all my PC using managers are very tech savvy.

Pros

We are still evolving with the software and are learning its advantages and limitations. I like that is fairly straight forward and allows me as an administrator to see into someone elses screen - a great timesaver when providing feedback both software and goal related.

Cons

I'd appreciate being able to see within someone's profile what emails/invitations/events they were sent - including when it was sent. Not being able to submit a goal for review until the weight is at 100%.

Response from GoalSpan

Victoria, Thank you for your feedback. I appreciated the opportunity to meet with you today to discuss how GoalSpan's functionality addresses the concerns you shared in your review including: - How goal weight may be bypassed - How Manager-only reviews may be easily setup in our template builder - Using an easier method for selecting bulk employee names when creating reviews - Ability for local admins to customize their GoalSpan processes - Help screen videos that may provide guidance - Ability for users to use Spanish language for all content and processes We appreciate you taking the time to review GoalSpan and help make us even better. You are the best part of our company.

Replied June 2022

Julieta

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

GoalSpan is easy to use!

Pros

GoalSpan performance management software is very easy to use.

Cons

If I need to update employee’s information I need to start over from directory- search the employee-updated and again start from directory too many steps.

Vanessa

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great product with great functionality, reporting & ease of use

The ease of functionality and the cost are benefits to my entire team to have more frequent and easily administered tracking on performance goals and reviews

Pros

From initial contact to implementation to use of this product on an ongoing basis the experience has been stellar. The best part of the system for us is the quality of the product for the cost and the ongoing responsive customer support teams

Cons

We have been using GoalSpan for 3 years and don't have any con's to report in the functionality of the system or the support when issues arise

Nancy

I value the immediate access to customer support and their genuiness

A more robust way to track and enter goals.

Pros

The ease of accessing, adding, filtering and collecting data and statistics. We have been working with Goal Span at every turn and we appreciate their willingness to make modifications to the system as our company needs grow.

Cons

IMaybe if the comments on the landing page can be hidden or reduced somehow? Often looks busy. Otherwise ok.

Stephen

A super user-friendly platform that increases the efficiency and quality of all our Reviews!

Pros

User-friendly; easy to follow and navigate!

Cons

The transfer of knowledge in the settings.

Tom

This software has helped us improve communication, planning and effectiveness among our employees.

Increased employee communication, strategic planning and effectiveness.

Pros

It is an easy to use, strategic tool that can be customized to fit your company's needs. The customer support has been outstanding. They have helped us in the customization, implementation, training of our employees and working through any user errors or computer glitches .

Cons

The biggest hurdle in implementing a review and planning process are the fears and misunderstandings that people have about it and the poor implementation by managers. Goalspan has gone the extra mile in providing support in these areas. I really don't know anything they could do better.

Michelle

Industry: Investment Banking

GoalSpan team is always responsive!

Pros

We are in the UK - the GoalSpan team are always responsive and helpful despite the time difference. GoalSpan drives good behaviour and provides a consistent approach to managing company and individual performance.

Cons

We have had to fiddle the system a few times as it is a little rigid in its approach but the GoalSpan team have been very accommodating and we have usually found workarounds to fit our process!

Alyssa

GoalSpan has been able to help us with our ever-changing priorities and needs.

Adaptability

Pros

GoalSpan has great customer service and is very responsive. They are also very adaptable to our needs.

Cons

I don't have any issues with the software. We use GoalSpan for quarterly goal tracking, which we have recently implemented.

Angela

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

GoalSpan is a user-friendly, logical performance management system!

Pros

User friendly, logical system, the updates are acted upon customer feedback The support from the team at GoalSpan is excellent, I cannot praise this enough.

Cons

Changes / upgrades need to “promoted” before the change happens so users know.

Veronica

Overall good experience with once we became familiar with the software.

Pros

This is a great tool for Managers and Employees to stay on task for company and personal goals. I found the system to be very user friendly for the most part.

Julie

User Friendly! Excellent Customer Service!

Ease of Performance Management.

Pros

Human Resources finds it easy to administer. Our employees find it easy to use. Hiring Managers like that it is customizable to how they manager their workforce.

Cons

The approval and submittal process for Performance Reviews is not so intuitive for employees and hiring managers.

Tony

Simple, Effective Tool for Managing Goals and Performance Evaluations

Proven to be an effective tool, with excellent customer service

Pros

simple and easy to use, nice graphic interface, good user feedback

Cons

The survey feature is useful, but requires a bit more work to manage and implement.

Donna

Industry: Investment Banking

Great user-friendly product backed up by excellent Customer Service!

Pros

Ease of use, integration with BambooHR and great customer service.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of offhand.

Lisa

GoalSpan is a easy, engaging way to track performance!

Pros

The ease of providing continuous feedback, the tag wall makes it modern and fun for employees to use, the ability to create employee surveys to monitor engagement and feedback.

Cons

I look forward to additional future reporting capabilities and metrics to assist with talent management and succession planning.

Jeff

Industry: Computer Networking

Simple to use, but not much is on there

Pros

It is simple, interface is clean. Easy to add goals and milestones. I think it's good for HR to do performance review and recommendations, but for regular user, there is not much we can do on there.

Cons

We use a different software for project management, and the this is basically another copy of the tasks for projects. Would be nice to be able to integrate with third party project management tools.

GoalSpan