• Pros

• "Very reasonable priced, very efficient and fast, very easy for us and our clients to use"

• "Pretty easy to use and straight to the point for the most part. The cost is also good for a small business owner"

• "The price was great, it works for what I need to use it for, easy to use. My clients and I use this software together to look up their background. "

• Cons

• "No real cons, other than it GoodHire doesn't integrate with our ATS (JazzHR.)"

• "No cons that I know of, I have very much enjoyed this software because it is so easy to use"

• "Since we have been using this software, we have not had any issues. We have not seen any cons as of yet, which is a good thing."

Browse GoodHire Reviews

Sean from Precision Global Consulting

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Background Checks with a Human Touch

Pros

The system is extremely easy to use. I personally was in the industry for 12 years prior to moving on to my current role, so I'm still up to date on systems like this. However, in my new role I'm training a team that is starting from scratch on the whole process - and inside of our first two checks they're logging in and generally able to navigate around and read/process reports with little problem. The UI/UX is intuitive and the system does a fantastic job of hand-holding through complex processes such as state-specific forms and the pre-adverse/adverse action workflow. Also, while it says "software", it should be noted that our account rep Jory is a bona fide rockstar. She's incredibly proactive, helpful, and is a joy to work with. Beyond that, I can speak to the fact that they are well up on their compliance enforcement as well, which is a mission-critical piece when dealing with a CRA. Given some of the issues inherent in working with one of the bigger fish (and I did work for one of the biggest), I'd strongly recommend looking into GoodHire if you're shopping for a CRA.

Cons

Just about the only thing is that because they aren't one of the biggest fish, the system still has a few quirks that the bigger ones have mostly ironed out by now. Minor things like, for example, not being able to order a SODB search as an a la carte...or the ability to run searches in Canada. The thing is, all of the above will be addressed in time, I'm sure. I work in product, I get what comes with the territory of a packed tech roadmap. It's comfortably outweighed by their competence and friendly service when it comes to the baseline functions of background checking.

Joleen from The Art of Education University

Optimal Solution for Remote Team Members

My overall experience has been fantastic! Everything has been streamlined and become so much more efficient, just the sheer hours saved over the course of the year is far worth the investment!

Pros

This software provides me the ability to request confidential information from team members all across the U.S. It sends me updates as needed, not in excess. The reports back are extremely timely which keeps our hiring process moving efficiently along. In addition, GoodHire. connects seamlessly with our HRM platform, BambooHR. All records are kept where they belong, with each employees' file, it is kept private from everyone except for myself and senior leadership. I strongly recommend this platform to anyone with remote team members.

Cons

The only slight deterrent would be in regards to the pricing. I understand and acknowledge that having the ability to run additional items for different positions is standard, but with "so many" options, this can begin to make the background report pretty pricy. *Please note--thus far I do not need access to these features, this is merely my personal view should I ever come to a time and place whereby I need these "extras."

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

We selected GoodHire as it was the platform that best met the needs of creating optimal efficiency, fast and accurate results, as well as the API connection to our HRM.

Bernadette from Reliable Tech Heationg Cooling & Plumbing

Background Checks Made Easy!

Overall our experience with GoodHire has been perfectly good.

Pros

What I like most about good hire is that you can have the applicant fill in their information! It's so convenient. GoodHire doesn't take forever to get you the results like companies we've had in the past.

Cons

I can't think of any cons with GoodHire, they are a great company that has made it easy for employers to get fast background checks at a reasonable price.

Larisa from Peregrine Relocations

Ethical Background Checks

I can provide accountability to my clients that my employees have been background checked.

Pros

I like that GoodHire seems to be aware that background checks have historically been used as a form of institutional racism.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to find old invoices/receipts for background checks I've purchased.

Nikki from South Hills Movers

User friendly - but terrible TAT

Pros

I liked the platform and how easy it was to run a background check. Very user friendly.

Cons

TERRIBLE turnaround time. Reports take far too long to come back which would result in me losing candidates.

Response from GoodHire

Replied December 2019

Of course we're disappointed that you were less than satisfied with our background check turnaround times. In an effort to respond to your review, we've looked into your account and see that one of our customer support agents reached out to you directly and discussed this particular issue. Background checks play an important role in the hiring process, and we understand your frustration when issues arise -- we hope you're willing to give us another try.

Serene from Eye Consultants P.C.

GoodHire does GoodWork

Pros

This is the easiest thing in the world to use. I love their customer service, they put a proposal together quickly for me and were able to give me different background check options for different positions in our office. I love being able to send out the background check through a link. The website is very easy to use and the print out backgrounds are very easy to read and their turn around is so fast. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Cons

I live everything about the software, I have been really happy with it.

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

They are more geared toward a larger organization and were more costly, one of the people there suggested GoodHire as a better option for us.

Kari from Brightside

Simplified Our Background Check Process

So far we have had a great experience with GoodHire. That fact that it integrates with our applicant tracking system, Greenhouse, has made requesting and keeping track of background checks much easier.

Pros

Integration with Greenhouse/ease of use and ability to select add on check options if needed.

Cons

Was a small challenge to set up and integrate with Greenhouse initially.

Reasons for Choosing GoodHire

Better pricing, ability to run reports, better customer service, GoodHire was recommended to us by an HR professional with another company.

Shelby from Boden Inc.

Nice Product, a bit Pricey

I like what they have to offer, especially as far as customer service. It's really easy to run a background check and allow a candidate to schedule their own drug screening. Basically, you enter their name and email address (which you likely have from their resume,) and they approve to be checked and submit to a drug screening. It's been really easy, especially when you have remote candidates like us.

Pros

- Easy to use - Customer service is VERY helpful. I've messaged their live chat reps several different times and always had a good experience. - Clean interface, easy to export/read reports - Customizable but automatic notifications

Cons

- Background checks took at least a week to complete. This isn't necessarily uncommon, but when you're in an industry where quick turn-around is essential, it's not great. - A little pricey. While a background check and drug screening may not be cheap, the add-ons like MVR and education checks add up quickly.

Todd from Blueprint Summer Programs

Easy to use, quality Background Check Tool

Goodhire works!

Pros

GoodHire is easy to use, quick to provide results and so far, hasn't made any errors I'm aware of.

Cons

No real cons, other than it GoodHire doesn't integrate with our ATS (JazzHR.)

Trisha from JHCC

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

user friendly and the most excellent customer service

Cons

nothing, its awesome in every way and customer service is top notch.

Jan from Coos History Museum

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Bland Reports

GoodHire did exactly as we asked and has worked well for us for non-management or non-financial staff background reviews. When and if I require a background check for management and/or especially sensitive staff positions, I will need to review whether GoodHire can provide sufficient information.

Pros

That we did not need staff time or expertise to check the myriad sources for work history, educational history, or potential offenses.

Cons

The reports had essentially no "personal" flavor to them. We had a bad experience with one candidate who jumped through all the GoodHire hoops, and whose reports were squeaky clean, but whose background had events and experiences that we needed to know in advance. GoodHire needs to have additional levels of social media and legal search capability.

Very Satisfied with this company

We have been very satisfied with GoodHire. The system is fast and dependable and the very few times we have had problems the phone service has been friendly and excellent.

Pros

Cons

There are no drawbacks with this product.

Matt from PBCM

Good Background Checks

Pros

We like all of the information that the background checks provide us with. It allows us to make sure we are hiring reputable employees and meeting our client requirements.

GoodHire Review

Overall, we are very pleased with GoodHire. Their reports they give us give us everything that we need and and processed in a timely manner.

Pros

GoodHire has been a great background search tool for us. Their user interface is easy to use and their reports come back quickly. They setup the reports to pull all data that is required by your company.

Heidi from Soggy Doggy Shop

Excellent value and verified accurate results

As a small business owner, I value something that's reliable, easy, and cost-effective. Thanks for making this part of hiring fit those points!

Pros

Literally one-stop-shopping for background checking. I own a small, growing business and want to minimize on-boarding costs while obtaining complete and accurate background information. GoodHire fits the bill on both points, plus the turn around for standard background check is very prompt. I have not use the drug screening option, but with my existing experience with the service I would not hesitate to add that to an order if need be. I have purchase 2 background checks at GoodHire and plan on using them further for my hiring needs.

Cons

When selecting the type of background search and applicable add-ons, it would be helpful for people like me who aren't overly familiar with the types of searches to have a brief explaination as to what information each one entails. (For instance, what would be the benefit of running a candidate in a National database as opposed to only local? What type of information is available in one or the other?)

Taryne from Thinfilm Electronics Inc.

Love Good Hire

Excellent, except for the two points above.

Pros

So easy, accurate and quick. My initial call with Goodhire was phenomenal. Within about 30 minutes we were all set up with a profile that works well for us. Top notch sales person! Fast and efficient - just how I like it!

Cons

I wish you could enter the candidate information first THEN they print the invoice. It would be nice to see the candidates name on the invoice to help approve invoice at the end of the month. Also, I wish I could cancel a background check request without having to call in. Mistakes or changes are made and I'd like to be able to adjust the b/g check on my own. Quite frustrating.

Keileigh from CharLee Corp

GoodHire

Pros

Extremely easy to use. You can even add whatever non basic features you want to each background check. All the reports store easily on your dashboard and you can export them in their entirety with just a click. Turn around time is also excellent-usually within 1 business day.

Cons

Only con is not being able to run large batch checks at one time.

Response from GoodHire

Replied May 2019

Hi Keileigh, We always love to get feedback from our customers! Re: the large batch checks, we actually do offer that feature - contact support and they should be able to help you.

Lauryn from finance

Ok but be careful of add on's

Pros

Cons

There are a lot of add on's they spend time trying to get you to do to make more money. before you purchase a background check. Also, they send you an email saying the report is almost done when it is actually done and try to get you to buy even more stuff besides what you purchased. It is confusing because you don't ever get confirmation that the report you paid for is complete.

Carla from SWVA Hill City AYF

The Best Background Check Around

From the point of contact when I expressed interest to actually using the system, the overall experience has been great. We will be using this service next year.

Pros

The simplicty and ease of running the check makes this, hands down, the best service we've encountered. Not only is it easy to run the check but I can see the status of all those pending and if there are alerts going through that process is equally as easy. It is very user friendly.

Cons

When manually entering the email address, it would refuse to accept it the first time. This happened quite a bit.

March 2016

Leila from Scalability Solutions LLC

March 2016

Easy Background Checks

I used this the last time I had to run a background check on a new hire, and it made the process extremely easy. The UI is excellent, automation of previously cumbersome processes, progress reports, etc.

Pros

Proactive communication (progress tracking), UI, ability to create your own packages (purchase just the reports needed), and the support is excellent (I got very quick response)

Cons

I wish there was some way to pay a rush fee for certain elements to go faster (obviously there are limitations when there are dependencies on external agencies)

Cindy Jo from MS Gulf Coast Regional CVB d.b.a. Coastal Mississippi

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Awesome!

I use it for new hire processing and it has been wonderful. All-in-one stop shop and quick responses.

Pros

I love this software. Easy to use, quick results and all-in-one processing.

Cons

Since I have been using this product it has made new hiring so easy. I have no complaints.

Crystal from Blue Nail Enterprises

Helpful Tool

We use this software during our hiring process and it is very helpful in determining who we are sending out to potential clients.

Pros

I like the ease of use, but I found that when an alert comes back, giving the potential employee a chance to provide an explanation of the occurrence is a great feature.

Cons

There is nothing I have found that I do not like about this software.

Cierra from Midway Dental Supply

Good

Pros

This program is super easy to use and can be accessed anywhere. It's very customizable and has great, useful features.

Cons

I wish you could run more background checks in a certain amount of time but it's understandable that the system has a tight security on that feature.

Sharyn from First Direct Lending

There is better background check software out there

Pros

Not much to be honest - the interface is easy enough to navigate without having to sit through a tutorial but the pros column ends with that.

Cons

It took way too long to integrate with our other system and even then, we realized that it wouldn't work for whatever reason [I don't even think our rep knew what the reason was]. The reports end up being like 50+ pages long and frankly, no one needs to cut down a tree to print a background report. Waiting on the candidate to fill stuff out is frustrating so I would rather go the old school route and make them sign something up front so I can initiate the check and get it going. This isn't my favorite background check software to use but I guess if that's all you have, you make it work.

Brad from Raineri Construction

So Easy To Use!

Pros

Easy data entry, user friendly platform.

Cons

Does not provide accurate completion dates.

Great Company

We have signed up and started to use GoodHire, We are so impressed by it. What a great decision to move forward. We use it for Pre-employment screening

Pros

Timely results, Ease of operation

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Christina from Grand Strand Nissan

It's a great system, user friendly, and has quick return time on background checks.

Fast, accurate results and FCRA compliant.

Pros

We love that you can customize each search as needed by adding or removing items. This allows for more thorough checks depending on each position applied for in our company. It's also nationally based and accurate which is a necessity for our business that's located in a tourist town. We are a customer facing business that uses a one-on-one model: one employee, to one customer. We are thankful for knowing that our hand picked employees are safe, and who they truly claim to be.

Kelly from Endless Journey

GoodHire streamlines the process

Very positive - customer service has been wonderful and timely. I nevre personally worked with the program a previous employer used, but I know this process is much more user friendly than the one they used

Pros

I like that the candidate can easily complete their background check information on their own. I have had no one complain about unnecessary glitches or obstacles.

Cons

It is a little wonky if you have the rare person who doesn't have an email address, but there is a way around it so even this is not a big deal in any way.

Ariel from Geek Powered Studios

Absolutely love this service!

Having tried and used multiple background check services in the past, this one, hands down, has been fantastic. The pricing is inexpensive, it is easy to use and incredibly fast.

Pros

It is inexpensive, easy to use, customizable (you can add on additional items you want to be checked) and ridiculously fast. I also like that you can easily share the results with the perspective employee you are running the check on.

Cons

Can not think of any.

Melissa from Round Feather

Simple, Quick and Easy to use

Overall, the software has been super easy to use and I have had zero issues.

Pros

I love that I do not need to do anything other than put in a potential employees name and email address. The potential employee then does the rest and I get the results within a few days typically.

Cons

Cannot do International background checks.

Christa from Barkley Risk Management & Insurance Services

Great from the start!

Pros

Online, the applicant can provide the information through the website, the frequent updates and friendly customer services

Cons

When you buy a package, you should be able to remove items without calling customer service. For example, if you are not checking the most recent employer as it may jeopardize the applicant's employment. Also, I purchased a package with an education search and I was charged an additional fee after the fact. This should be built into the pricing.

Luis from SportsPlex Metuchen Group, LLC

Fast Results

It makes our hiring process much easier. The software we previously had wasn't as fast. We get faster results so we can make faster and better decisions.

Pros

It keeps track of the progress each person have done. I can see if they have opened it or if they have seen it yet.

Cons

For administrative purposes I wish I could download a sheet which would show name of employees and status (employed, processing or denied)

Carol from Evisions Inc.

Quick, Easy and Fast

Pros

The product is easy to use, and I get the results quickly! If there is any "slow down" I receive an email to let me know the stages of the background check.

Cons

I haven't found any cons at all! The product has been great for almost 2 years of use

Tiffany from Carco Industries

Industry: Machinery

All Inclusive!

Overall I've had a very pleasant experience and will continue to use Goodhire. I very much appreciate the ability to utilize the chat feature for support as I'm not a fan of sitting on the phone trying to get a human on the other side vs the automated system. That is extremely frustrating when your trying to get help. So far everyone I've dealt with from Goodhire has been very helpful and professional.

Pros

The fact that I can do everything in one please. I appreciate the user platform, its very easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I'd like to have more control over the drug screen process. Im not notified when a drug test is completed so I know to keep an eye out for the results.

Carolyn from NA

Quick and easy

It was a very smooth process and they are just a phone call away to assist with questions or concerns. Dan gave me comfort and peace of mind on the process, and I was emailed my results in no time at all.

Response from GoodHire

Replied November 2016

Thanks Carolyn for your trust and kind words. The team here at GoodHire stands ready to support you now and into the future.

Krystal from commonFont

Industry: Computer Networking

Great value for money

The chat function is wonderful. Received immediate responses and troubleshoot through my issue quickly

Pros

You have serval ala carte options to upgrade to, which depending on your industry is important

Cons

Nothing, it is great I am so happy that we use it

Emily from RENOVATE

GoodHire Review

The software is incredibly easy to use on the employer end. Easy to send a background check request to potential hire; they enter all their data! Reports get back to you quick. I like that you can select individual reports to add on rather than being forced to purchase bundles.

Amy from Heritage General Contracting

Easy, fast, complete information returned quickly

Pros

I like the transparency of the process for both the employee candidate and employer. I never had to wonder what was happening or when my report would be finished.

Cons

I did not discover any cons. This software was easy to use, the reviews on the web were good enough to convince me to try it and if anything, GoodHire was better than expected.

Ayesha from Row House Old Town Alexandria

A time saver!

Pros

This tool is super easy to use and makes my life so much easy buy saving my time as and employer/ business. My potential employees just put in all the required info and I get the report in front of me in no time.

Cons

I would say the price. When you run checks more than a couple in a month then it gets expensive.

Brian from A Touch of Heaven Janitorial Services LLC

Quick and Easy checks

The ability to safeguard my company and customers with verified background checks.

Pros

Able to email link to potential employee to complete supplying of information and ability to check the results anywhere.

Cons

I would like to see a couple of different "bundles" for specific needs instead of buying a more than I need or not enough checks.

Linette from TowEx Towing & Recovery, LLC

Great customer service, I was able to call and get my account setup right away.

Pros

The verification process was extremely user friendly, and customer service was easy to contact when I had questions. From start to finish the entire process was great!

Cons

Honestly it was extremely easy to use, my employees put in their information and most of the results were back the same day.

Brad from PGP

Super Slick Background Checks

Beautiful interface & very easy to use. I loved that I could send the consent form over email no more awful paper copies!

Francisco from Nolo Consulting LLC

Easy and high quality.

We would use this service again. We dad never used another provider but need to look no further. Thank you.

sandy from Lokring Midwest

Office Manager

The Good Hire web-site is easy to use. Customer support is very responsive. Great value for the money.

Leah from First Premier Payment Solutions

Customer Service always helpful & respectful.

I have called support multiple times and they are always readily available to help with a great attitude.

Denise from DFM & Associates

Quick but thourough

I will use them again. I have exactly what I need now and at a price that my Accounting team won't sigh about

Pros

I needed a background done quickly for a new hire and it was within hours I had most of my vital information.

Cons

My local counties held up the process by about 3 days, but GoodHire kept me informed the entire time.

Nitalya from Get It Straight Orthodontics

Very simple and fast.

Pros

The software is very straightforward and easy to navigate. The turnaround time with the background check results was fast. The customer service was very nice, patient and helpful.

Cons

I needed to call customer service to rerun a background check of the same person with a different surname. The original result pinging the person as not matching the social security number ids still up on the background check although it has been determined that her social is under her previous married name.

Aimee from California Forestry &

Industry: Environmental Services

Great service!

Pros

Easy to use, fast response time. Easy to talk to someone when needed.

Cons

Nothing. There was nothing to not like about this product.

Terry from NGWA

Excellent Background Verification Service

Pros

Very simple to set-up and easy to get started. Simple packages to choice from along with ala carte features.

Cons

No complaints, not much else to say.