What are Google Workspace users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Google Workspace software through verified user reviews

11,875 Reviews

9,180
2,519

• icon"G-suite support was outstanding, I was able to create my domain and website seamlessly, customer service is supportive and available to guide you through every step."
  • icon"So easy to use and pleasing to the eye. I like it so much more than Outlook and love the cross functionality and collaboration abilities."
  • icon"I love that G Suite has multiple tools you can use to help you complete projects. I also love that you can share the documents easily with other team members so they can work on it as well."
  • icon"Terrible layouts, and awful (dangerously poor) support. Hard to access support and when you do they do more harm than good-do not trust that they know what they are doing."

Browse all Google Workspace Reviews

• Have you used Google Workspace and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 12,292 reviews

Matthew

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Time used: Unspecified

Google Workspace User Review

Joel

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Google Making my life easier

Pros

Being able to integrate into everything else and since I'm a chrome user the options for extensions into other platforms makes it a no brainer.

Cons

Coming from an MS environment it takes a bit to change but that is more user error than the tool itself.

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

Costings and i had been using it personnly for years.

Skyler

Industry: Writing and Editing

July 2022

Google Workspace is the perfect tool to run your online business

My experience with Google Workspace has been great. It has allowed me to have a more professional presence for my freelance writing business with a custom email address for my website, as well as to be able to collaborate on files with clients instead of just from a regular gmail account. The extra Google Drive storage space is a nice bonus too.

Pros

The main reason I subscribed to Google Workspace was to get a custom email address for my domain and to be able to use it in Gmail. I also like the additional Google Drive storage space, as well as use the collaboration and sharing features to deliver all my client work in Google Docs and Google Drive.

Cons

There is honestly nothing that I don't like about Google Workspace. At times it can be a bit confusing to navigate through menus to find what I am specifically looking for. But with a quick Google search I can find it.

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

I used ProtonMail at first for a custom email address, but I was not happy with the experience at all. While ProtonMail has better security and privacy than Google, the custom email address and tools are not really tailored to running a freelance business.

Diane

Industry: Law Practice

July 2022

I prefer the Google workspace calendar

This is a very well made software and one of the easiest to use I've ever encountered, it has some great unique qualities. With that being said, none of this matters if you need to use it offline or if you need advanced document management. It's just such a shame and I hope these problems are addressed soon!

Pros

In terms of actually using the software this one scores very high. It was so simple to figure out and use in a way that actually helps my work day. The calendar is by far my most valued feature. I have had a lot of problems finding a properly working calendar that will sync as it should, this one is great. Google workspace is accessible no matter where you are or what type of device you're using. It combines so many things into one software and can be used for many different purposes.

Cons

The main problem is that it is only web based.. if you don't have an internet connection this software is moot. I cannot understand why they wouldn't make a version that works offline. At least for the simple functions.. it's not practical at all. The document features aren't as strong as we need either.

Kaela

10/10 Recommend!

My overall experience with Google is amazing, 10 out of 10 experience. Google allows us to communicate with our clients, our team and track analytics. I love the aesthetics of Google Workspace. The dashboards are so clean cut they benefit my psychology when performing tasks. I truly love Google Workspace and would not consider another alternative.

Pros

The features most used with Google Workspace are email monitoring, calendar management, scheduling, video and audio conferencing, secure data storage, Google Sheets, and Google Docs. These features are at the core of our business operations and without them, we would not be profitable.

Cons

The only feature that I would love for Google to add to their products/features is a Microsoft Sharepoint equivalent. I have not found a sufficient Sharepoint equivalent with Google Workspace.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

I was familiar with G-mail and that was our immediate business email (an address with our business domain). I am not sure if pricing was comparable to the alternatives. In my opinion, Google workspace is EXTREMELY affordable for small businesses. However, I chose Google Workspace because I prefer the G-mail email interface over the outlook email interface and search/filter.

Gsuite / Google Workspace

Pros

I love the accessibility of using Google workspace for file, email and calendar management. I can easily access these items from anywhere, on any device, which means my business is available to me at ease, no matter where I am. It also means I don't need to worry about my devices breaking down and losing data, as everything we do is saved on our Google workspace account, and all our files saved to the cloud using Google File Stream.

Cons

Setup can be a bit tricky if you are not very tech savvy - so it may pay to have someone help you do this, or utilise the live chat support who are mostly very helpful. We offer this service to our customers as they often find it a bit overwhelming to get set up.

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

We moved from using standard website hosted emails (unreliable) and tried Zoho mail but found it was very complicated and less intuitive. We all know and love the gmail UI, so Google workspace was a given winner.

Lily Ann

July 2022

L'espace collaboratif le plus compétitif

Je suis une fervente utilisatrice de Google workspace, d'autres plateformes collaboratifs sont plus complets ou spécialisés mais celui-ci est gratuit, polyvalent et très accessible d'utilisation pour les équipes plus ou moins digitalisés.

Pros

Gratuit, beaucoup de fonctionnalités, collaboratif ça permet aux équipes de travailler en temps réel sur les mêmes fichiers et dossiers.

Cons

Pas de possibilité de mettre un mot de passe sur un fichier, pas de possibilité de révoquer un lien d'accès, le doute pour les collaborateurs s'il faut ouvrir un compte gmail ou pas (frein pour certains), l'espace limitée pour la version gratuite.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

A vrai dire, j'utilise Google Workspace et Onedrive en parallèle pour des utilisations complémentaires.

Google Workspace for Businesses

Our Overall Experience with Google Workspace has been excellent no issues

Pros

Google Workspace is an excellent Cloud-based Workspace for businesses, provides all the tools and capabilities needed for any business

Cons

The pricing model can be made competitive

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

Most Liked by team , we have been using google for individuals so needed no training

We wanted an effective secure Cloud-Based Solution

Google Workspace Review for Events Company

Amazing experience and use multiples platforms within the business suite daily. You know what to expect and they work as they should.

Pros

This business suite software has replaced most operational functions in my business.

Cons

The cost per user makes it only worth it if that user is a daily active user.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

How easy it was to integrate with all of my other business systems.

Lisbeth

Lo mejor de Google

Mi experiencia es maravillosa ya que está me ha ayudado a ahorrar tiempo,todo es más sencillo y rápido.

Pros

Me gusta que está plataforma sea tan sencilla y eficiente al igual que el hecho de que se implemente con otras herramientas importantes de Google haciendo el trabajo más rápido y sencillo.

Cons

No hay nada que no me guste de esta plataforma ya que creo que está implementada de una manera exelente

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

Porque está implementa lo mejor de Google y es muy interesante y sencilla.

Bennaire

Industry: Writing and Editing

July 2022

Workspace helps me be more professional.

My experience with Google workspace has been to use it to develop my business website and to manage my company email.

Pros

I like the ability to have a unique domain and company email.

Cons

What I like the least is the heavy tech verbiage without an explanation as to what all of it means.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

I chose Google workspace because I use other Google products and integration is important to me.

Philip

August 2022

Good Business Collaboration Platform

Good collaboration suite, we were able to get it online quickly. Most features we needed were available out of the box with minimal setup time. Since most of all users had used gmail before it took minimal training/hand holding to get things going.

Pros

Google has built a powerful and easy to use business collaboration platform. Almost everybody has used gmail at some point so it’s easy to get used up and running quickly. Platform handles most of our collaboration needs out of the box with minimal setup time.

Cons

Email and file management are its strong points. Real time chat and messaging feels like more of any afterthought. They’ve got a long way to go to catch up with teams or slack on that front.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

Had more users who had already used gmail, it was also a little cheaper

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

Wanted to move email into the cloud

Braden

Industry: Machinery

August 2022

Great Platform if you're All Google

Overall, Google Workspace is a great platform. I definitely believe it is arguably the most ideal platform for small business owners, people who need to "where multiple hats" managing numerous different business functions and controls all in one place! For the money, (approx $6/month to start) you can't beat the suite of features you get.

Pros

Google Workspace overall has strong feature and functionality. You can control literally every aspect of your business from email, to document sharing, to DNS management and plenty more. Everything is relatively easy to deploy and all gets managed from a central Google Admin hub. The email platform itself is literally just gmail, which makes it incredibly easy to implement and train any new employees.

Cons

In comparison to some of its competitors, the gmail conversation-style organization can be confusing. I still haven't quite got a grip on how the formula works, but have been challenged to find the most recent email in a chain (especially long chains) because it doesn't always organize by most recent. Additionally, it will expand certain emails within a chain, but leave others condensed which doesn't help in trying to locate the most recent. Additionally, one other feature that is missing is the ability to assign priority to your emails. For example, in Outlook you can label an outgoing message "Highly Important"-in gmail you cannot do this.

Industry: Law Practice

The Perfect Tech Alternative to Traditional Systems

Because Workspace is fully integrated with all other Google products, including its search engine, the overall experience has been one of ease & simplicity in terms of getting everything set up and being able to rely on it. I am able to have my phone system (via Google Voice for Business), my email (via Gmail), my website domain (via Google Domains), etc. all in one place, with the ability to easily manage users, payments, and adding/removing services. This makes it easy enough to focus on the business with all of that phone/email/web stuff being handled in one Admin panel on Workspace.

Pros

I began using Google Workspace right from the start of a small/solo law firm. The pricing structure allows a complete communication system from the beginning with costs that grow with the business. This has allowed me to setup a desk phone system in the office and have dependable professional email with the ease of use of the free Gmail accounts I am used to.

Cons

While Workspace is great as a small business, it seems like it might cost more than most systems if used for a larger number of users. And that's where Workspace can be tricky. Every user needs a license for anything the user does, and admin must assign those licenses, and each license can cost more in monthly charges. This seems to make it inevitable that it will reach a point where other solutions may save time and money. So, the least liked thing about Workspace is that it seems to be very easy to setup but almost impossible to leave/transfer. This creates a fear that I'll be stuck with Workspace even if it becomes more costly as the business grows.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

I chose Google Workspace over a local phone company because the local company was unable to provide nearly the same integration with other services as Google was. I would have needed at least one or two other providers to provide the same services that Google Workspace has combined into one platform.

Sandy

Google Workspace Software Review

Personally, I would highly reccomend Google Workspace software with how easy all the Google Business software is to use within creating, uploading, downloading and editing any types of files and saving the files within the Google Drive which is easy to use.

Pros

The pros of using Google Workspace is being able to access and create files from within any location with using either a smartphone, a computer desktop or a laptop and then to store your files within the secure cloud storage. With the top security of files within using Google Drive, you can control who can see your files, or download and change your files. Another major benefit is working on files with other co-workers at the time you are creating the files and being able to chat with the other co-workers at that same time and then saving your files within the cloud storage to where the files can be stored for remote users to access the needed files at any given time .

Cons

One of the biggest cons of Google Workspace software is that there are less advanced document task features within Google Documents compared to Microsoft Office Word software or Apple Document software. With comparing the prices of the Google Workspace software to Microsoft Office software, the price is more expensive.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

Google Workspace has more advanced features in being able to create, upload, download, and to share any type of files and then to store the variety of type of files to the cloud is always secure as of the minute the files are uploaded to the cloud.

Jem Carlo

Google Workspace Review

The features across all media platform is what I like the most. It is like owning a regular Google account but with a Pro version and more features. I do have numerous personal Google accounts that are linked to all my social media accounts. Meaning to say, I am quite used to the environment of the Google platform which made it easier for myself and the whole organization to transition to the Google Workspace.

Pros

The product is easy to use. The purpose of purchasing Google around 8 years ago was for GMAIL. Since then with the new transition of Google Workspace from Google Suite, new products such as the Drive, Docs, Sheets, Meet, and Chat became very helpful to our organization.

Cons

There are times when the Google server is down, we are unable to access any of the product. The cost of $144 per user should be acceptable as the Workspace offers more than what is expected.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

For the FSM, there are limitations when it comes to Microsoft. Certain factor such as the two-factor codes where it will be texted. There were no options for the telecommunication provider at this point. Google, on the other hand, might have upgraded their cellular range which is applicable in the FSM.

Betsy

Industry: Photography

June 2022

Pro level Gmail for single or multi users

I've used Google workspace since it was google suites, and was a legacy suites user as well. So I've been using the software for a while. When they transitioned away from the free legacy accounts, Google was very upfront and fair about the transition options, which I appreciated. I have been satisfied with my use of Google workspace -- for the most part. Recently, I tried to implement the appointment scheduling tool (not to be confused with the older and archaic "slots" tool). I was excited to use the tool based on my initial first impressions, so switched from the business starter to the business standard subscription. But once I got deeper into setting things up, I discovered that the tool was very limited and would not accomplish what I had been doing in Calendly. I have 8 calendars that need to be accounted for when offering available appointment times. As it is set up (June 2022) -- the tool only accounts for the primary calendar -- none of the others. This is very problematic and made the whole tool useless for my purposes. After a lengthy spell of chats with multiple levels of chat support, they claimed they were still working to resolve my issue -- but I had enough and asked to be reverted to my previous subscription level. That itself required chat support to authorize, which was taken care of. But an unfortunate side effect was that I lost my discount. Chat support told me I had to talk to the sales department to get that taken care of. Makes no sense

Pros

I like that it allows me to use my domain's email -- and that the email is gmail so the structure is familiar -- and email inboxes are more likely to allow my emails to arrive (rather than ending up in the inbox).

Cons

The calendar appointment scheduling tool has a huge flaw -- it is limited to the primary calendar only. And this is not noted anywhere. You need to be able to account for multiple calendars.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

I made the switch years ago when Google first came out with their suites version. It beat the pop3 email offered by Godaddy at the time.

Jared

May 2022

Google Workspace Review

As a power user, I find it helpful that I'm able to get a lot of things done in a short amount of time without dealing with a lot of back end or support issues because the downtime is rare if minimal and I can access my files offline if needed. Additionally, I'm not limited with my storage capacity or feeling like it's a separate process then just getting all functionality that I need.

Pros

I'm able to do a lot more functionality in regards to my business and bring collaboration with every partner I work with.

Cons

The only issues I have is it doesn't integrate my calling or texting and it's a separate feature with Google so that I would have to share things separately instead of simultaneously.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

The limit in device capacity & functionality and also offline access to files.

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

Just found it restrictive to be paying for Google one storage and paying for OneDrive, iCloud and Dropbox all in one without having the functionality to also have meetings, email and other office products

May 2022

The best!

Fantastic and I always suggest to anyone who asks me about it.

Pros

I use email, spreadsheet, chat, drive, calendar, and keep every single day and I love them all. Of course they could come up with more video tutorials and more educational contents for Google Workspace but still good enough. It's been like 12 years I am using Gsuite legacy and Google Workspace, I cannot imagine using other services at this time. Email app is the same as Gmail, very easy to use and soooo many apps and chrome extensions that makes you use email app. Sheets are fantastic, no need to use excel anymore.

Cons

Calendar's interface is too big and when we integrate it to other softwares such as High Level, we have to scroll up and down to see the whole day schedule. My clients often complain about this issue. Forms could be smaller in height and more easy to understand. Sites are actually bad!

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

Because the mail app is the same as Gmail

Joshin

All In One Solutions

Pros

They have all products which we need for our day-to-day business: email, online drive, calendar, google sheet, google meet.

Cons

I really wish they could have developed an app or software for PC to open google documents that are downloaded. Also, to add an option to import other fonts that are not available on google.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

Our collaborators and agents use Gmail-based accounts, so we can confidently share the documents via google drive and faster than one drive when we open a file. Google Sheets can be accessed by anyone, no purchase is necessary by the recipient.

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

We used the HostGator email service, but due to server issues, we were not able to receive the emails on time. So we switched to custom Gmail accounts. We also subscribed eFileCabinet to store our documents, but their interface and document sharing options were not appreciated by our collaborators, so we discontinued their service and selected google drive.

Ava

Industry: Wireless

April 2022

Perfect set of tools to simplify your workflow and increase productivity.

Using Google Workspace has allowed great benefits, one of the main ones being increased productivity, because being able to access different tools from a single place helps to simplify the workflow, thanks to the fact that it is possible to have stable communication and enjoyable, that is, being able to make videoconferences allows explaining ideas or project development much easier, being able to share files quickly and even edit them at the same time is a time saver and the meaning of moving fast, since it counts with the advantage of different people working on the same document and this without any concern of leaking information or data because the administrator can decide who to grant access to.

Pros

I like this set of Google tools because it is an effective and easy way to quickly access my work and share it with my clients or colleagues, whether it is to collaborate or simply to share files that are useful. For example, if you are working on the planning of a project through a document, all the members of the project can contribute ideas or modify them, making said action be carried out by all, that is, we can all work on the same document and a once finished, share it quickly or simply upload it to Google Drive in case of any inconvenience to be able to recover it quickly. Google Workspace runs in the cloud, which saves us time and not having to worry about having to save every change made to a document, because they are saved in real time. Its use is simple, so any user can quickly adapt to handling each of the tools, since it provides a very simplified user experience. Most of the tools offered have been used by practically everyone, such as Gmail to write emails, Drive used to store documents that, being in the cloud, facilitate our online workflow, Meet is widely used for conversations with work team members and facilitates understanding regardless of the location of each one. In general, it helps us to simplify the work because it makes possible a more pleasant communication as well as being able to collaborate directly on projects and share documents, giving us the priority of deciding who can access them, which also keeps the security of the information.

Cons

It is not easy to talk about some aspect that I do not like about this series of tools, but I have observed that its price can be somewhat high, in addition to being a set of tools based on the cloud, it requires a good connection to the Internet or for the on the contrary, having a Chrome extension to be able to access offline and make the respective configurations for its use, this can take time and knowledge, so in case of any doubt, accessing the support team is the best solution.

April 2022

The best workspace on the market

It is worth it. Technical feedback I can give several. But I believe that what will help the most here is knowing that you have a client here with peace of mind. It works!

Pros

There are many points in favor. The familiarity. The ease of configuration. The ease of operation. The benefits that the integration of so many crucial services in just one environment brings. The customer service. The fair values (although after the change in plans they made, if I'm not mistaken in 2018, they put features like full control of Android phones only on the most expensive plan, something we don't need. This also goes to a negative point , they could have a pricing format with greater simplicity of on-demand.) Anyway, I know that there are some other companies with similar packages, like Zoho. But stick with the state of the art. Choose Google and complete with ClickUp for example.

Cons

They're not perfect, but oddly enough it's difficult to find cons. Something I mentioned in the positive points that is also negative: they put features like full control of Android phones only on the most expensive plan, something we don't need. Only the cell phone control. They could have a pricing format with greater simplicity of on-demand. And the onboarding process (which they don't actually have) but at least an initial guide to help in the general understanding of the tool. You need to be a very light user to have great difficulties. But in order to intelligently connect the dots of the entire implementation, initial knowledge is necessary so that we do not under-use the tool or have rework.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

In a few moments I took a look at Bitrix24 and Zoho. But it was not a big deal. It was more out of curiosity.

Jonathan

April 2022

Great product & service that everyone seems to use

I run a consulting company, so my Google Workspace runs my entire business. I use it daily for all calendar, email, tasks, communication, and document management. Overall I'm very happy with the product, it's reasonably priced and I recommend it.

Pros

Ease of usage and everyone uses it. Google Workspace is almost universally used by companies, so the platform is easy to understand, clearly offered, and help is generally good, as long as you comply with all of their rules. Break any rules and you're out of luck!

Cons

Help sections are clear and informative. Appealing a rule breakage is next to impossible to overturn, but overall the service and the features are fantastic.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

Everyone uses Google Drive and Google Docs, so it's easier and more convenient to be on the same platform as everyone else. Sharing is easier and Google is easier to understand for a beginner.

Reasons for switching to Google Workspace

Ease of usage, features and tools, and because everyone else is using it, so it's easier to use when everyone else is on the same system.

Paolo

March 2022

Hub of the best collaboration apps

The experience with G-Workspace is truly complete, it allowed us to have an integrated system for documents and a respectable mail manager. I highly recommend it

Pros

As far as I'm concerned, the central fulcrum or even better the foundations to talk about first is the email management of the personal mailbox which has achieved integration and ease of use on any device in recent years. In particular, the G-Workspace Standard profile from this year allows to have the capacity of each mailbox practically unlimited. The search speed of an email in this case becomes very important as a performance indicator and G-mail responds to requests with speed in real time. Impressive. This unlimited space is always shared with the other apps of the G-Workspace suite and the new function that allows each user to have a shareable disk for document exchange with colleagues, giving the rights to each user who can access a sort of network disk. released from its own network infrastructure and very simple management. Also with Meet it is possible to record the calls to save them on the drive and listen to them again, all always under the security that google provides.

Cons

The suite is sufficiently complete, simple to use but sometimes they seem really too many to manage and this leads you to choose the main ones. What I always find difficult is the possibility of synchronizing G-mail contacts with other mail clients, for example. In this case G-Workspace does not provide recent tools and is a very requested aspect, for example by ours salesmen

Shazia

March 2022

Google Workspace is the most versatile collaboration platform that is easy and cost-effective

With the implementation of Google Workpace, we were able to work remotely from our homes. The applications provided are very easy to use so there was no learning curve for us. Due to the pandemic, we faced various communication and collaboration barriers and we were able to solve it completely with the implementation of Google Workspce. It is the only platform that we need to connect, communicate, create and collaborate on documents seamlessly over the web

Pros

1) The most favourable feature of Google Workspace is the easy to use user interface of the provided applications. 2) I like the wide range of collaboration features that the product provides. I can seamlessly collaborate on files, documents, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Google Drive files. 3) The custom work domain that Google Workspace provides gives professionalism to email addresses. 4) The Google Chat app which is also integrated in Gmail is very helpful for connecting and communicating with my colleagues remotely from my home. 5) Unlimited storage is provided to every user in Google Drive and there's no limit on the file size and type that can be stored. 6) Google Workspace also provides unlimited time for Google Meet meetings with various features like recording. 7) Apart from these, there are unlimited features of Google Workspace that will help you in creating a seamless virtual workpace and ease remote communication and collaboration during this pandemic.

Cons

I wish more in-built templates could be provided for PowerPoint and Spreadsheets so the document creation process could be even more simple. I would also love to see a variety of pricing plans with lesser price for few features in some plans as all of the features of Google Workpace are not used in our school. Rest everything is perfect and Google Workspce is worth its price.

Reasons for choosing Google Workspace

We chose Google Workspace over its other competitors due to the ease of integration and usage. Another reason was that we were already using various products provided by Google so there was no learning curve for us.

Showing 1 - 25 of 12,292 reviews