What are Saba TalentSpace users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Saba TalentSpace software through verified user reviews

• icon"Halogen provides an outstanding talent management system that is easy to implement, is cost effective and provide outstanding customer service."
  • icon"I like best that the software is upgraded several times a year and that it remains intuitive for the end user."
  • icon"The software is pretty easy to use most of the time and I like that because I had never used this software before working at my current job."
  • icon"The interface is very confusing. It changes CONSTANTLY, so every time I have to so something in the program, I have to re-learn how to use it."
  • icon"We went through several training sessions in order to work with Halogen properly. Despite doing these trainings, it was still very clunky and difficult to use."
  • icon"I dislike the overall layout of the workspace."

Browse all Saba TalentSpace Reviews

• Have you used Saba TalentSpace and would like to share your experience with others?

Ali

Halogen Rules!

Pros

Excellent product features, seamless customization options and great customer service. Halogen TalentSpace is everything that you want them to be - and maybe a lot more. Highly Recommended, especially for Performance Management automation!

Cons

It's been a great experience thus far and we stay positive for the future too! PS: We have a feeling it will keep getting better :-)

Abby

Amazing customer service from implementation to successful utilization

Pros

One of the greatest features of Halogen/Saba is their people. The implementation team, the customer representatives, and the technical service support all make sure to answer every question to help in the best way possible in finding a solution to your problem.

Cons

Some of the administrator features are not as user friendly as the end user technology. I do find myself wishing for some additional customization features in how the forms and processes run. However, that being said, Halogen/Saba has always taken their client feedback into consideration and often will try to include the features you request in the last version roll-out. It looks promising that many of the things we would like to see could be part of a future version.

Eric

Customer Support has taken a nosedive since the Saba acquisition

One of the things that sold us on Halogen was the fantastic customer support, but I feel like since Saba acquired Halogen, the customer support has taken a nosedive. I've had three Customer Success Managers (essentially an Account Manager) in the last two years, and I think they've reached out to me once in that period of time, right around the time of contract renewal. The tech support team used to be able to answer questions and resolve issues on the first phone call 99% of the time, and the phone would be answered within 2-3 rings. Now it's not unusual to be on hold, or have to log a support ticket and have a Tier 2 support person step in on nearly every call.

Pros

Generally it is easy to use, once you get the hang of it. I like that it is customizable to a large extent.

Cons

The administrative portal can be challenging to use, and it seems that most of the updating has taken place on the front end. Adding users, documents, and profile photos is very time-consuming and requires too many steps.

Julie

Halogen and Law Enforcement

Pros

Halogen has the best customer service I have ever had the pleasure of working with-Hands down. They are knowledgeable, quick and efficient and so pleasant. The site is intuitive and good looking. The employees love that we moved from a computer based program to a web based program as most of our staff work out of the office/in their patrol vehicles. Feedback central is the best thing ever. It has completely shifted our culture from performance evaluation to performance management.

Cons

Halogen is a bit bulky on the back end for law enforcement specific items. We have very specific procedures that required Halogen to develop some work arounds for us. Even still there are some things that we need that Halogen just cannot do yet. However, they are constantly updating so we are hoping they integrate some of our wish list into future updates.

E. Jay

March 2016

After one year, still going strong...

Following 9 months of development, we had our first annual review process completed by April 2015. It went well, but required some significant back end administration due to process issues we had built in. This wasn't the fault of the tool, but more due to the development. We really had to go through one iteration to get better at it and learn how it works. The major issue I had with the software was lack of appropriate reporting - there was not a built-in report for simple things I wanted to see, and I have not been able to set up a report for all managers to use to give them data on their employees.

Pros

Customer support has been great. I wasn't able to pull reports and contacted the team. They walked me through setting up the reports and identified that what I was trying to do would not work in any browser other than explorer. Software works as planned very well, which is what the long development cycle helped with.

Cons

Reporting still remains an issue. Useful reports are not built into the system and I am not able to set these up for my managers. I have highlighted this to the Halogen team but have seen no updates - it's still a manual process for each manager to set up their own reports.

Dee

Great Communication Tool for Large Companies

Pros

The ability for others to leave feedback is invaluable. Old performance management software only allowed supervision to leave notes about employee behavior, with this software all are able to do so. They can either give constructive feedback or recognition. It's impossible for a supervisor to be see everything, this way others are able to assist supervision in adequately evaluating their peers.

Cons

There are a lot of back door moves that need to be made to get certain evaluations up and going. I wish there were an easier way to assign quarterly and annual evaluations without having to individually do each one.

Bobbi

Your imagination is the only limitation

Pros

Very flexible. Great customer service. Seems to be on the cutting edge of what trends are coming up in performance management (i.e. one on one meetings, etc.)

Cons

So flexible it can be overwhelming at times. Halogen has many "bells and whistles" that it can be overwhelming at first, especially to new users.

Dan

March 2016

Powerful talent managment tool

Halogen Talent Management software is something I have been using for 5 years now. Halogen continues to refine the way performance reviews are completed by creating many opportunities for employee engagement. Whether it is goal setting, reviews, or just a "way to go" message, the Halogen dashboard makes it quick and easy to keep in touch with employees.

Pros

Halogen customer services can't be beat. Representatives take ownership of your problem and stays with it until the end. Not once have I felt bad for calling about something I forgot how to do. Always soliciting feedback (pun intended) from their users on new features or enhancements.

Cons

Need to increase the dialogue between users by adding user group webinars/meetings based on industry - ours being professional services has some unique reporting structures.

Karen

February 2016

Managing Your Performance is simple with Halogen

We are a Commercial Insurance Company with concentration in the Construction Industry. We have 250+ employees in our organization and have been using Halogen for 1 year. The application is fantastic - truly gives an employee and/or leadership access to Goals, Developments Plans, Feedback, Reviews, etc. in one central location. The Implementation Team, Product Team, Customer Service Team - they have been great! The entire experience with the product and the company has been fabulous!

Pros

Create an electronic processes for manual/paper forms Customized Reporting Customized View Customized Learning Units Customized Learning Paths e-Courses available ... and more!

Cons

That we didn't purchase sooner!

Todd

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Every great business is built on friendship

Pros

I would have to say the service and support. TMS systems are more or less built and designed to do the same thing. However what truly separates the good from the truly great is the service that follows the implementation of the product. Halogen truly does have a great product, but they enhance it by providing truly exceptional service.

Cons

I keep looking...and if I can't find anything that easy...what does that tell you about the product?

Louis

Saba Talent Space Software offers an exciting team galvanizing solution to tracking performance according to project and specific task.

We began experimenting with Saba Talent Space software as a solution to involve each team member into identifying their progress and to communicate while pursuing common goals. This result is realized through the use of Saba Talent Space's intuitive user interface which allows communication and a monitoring dashboard which they can constantly update.

Pros

The best features of Saba Talent Space are contained via their proprietary dash board where team leaders can interact individually or in group context in order to provide support as well as to continue education mid task. This insures progression which influences our positive productivity. This software provides features which allow the inclusion of third party materials which can then be associated to employee and task. We love this feature because it allows for continual education at a time where the expertise is most needed. An invaluable feature as well is "flow reporting" which allows project leads the ability to configure and to customize reporting on project progress.

Cons

Our only concern is that the mobile software version of their software might benefit from some design improvements to make it as interactive and as intuitive as their desktop solution. That observation aside we can say Saba's Talent Space software has provided much more benefits to our teams ability to cultivate our own talent and to assist in the project completions and success.

Sandra

January 2016

Great Support for New Administrators

We use the eAppraisal and 360 modules of TalentSpace to execute our annual reviews. We can roll out events in phases with separate due dates, including profile updates, self-appraisals, peer appraisals (called multi-raters), manager reviews, manager-employee meetings, and final reviews of appraisal meeting notes. When tasks are overdue, daily email notifications ' to employees and their managers ' go out to stress the urgency of the process. Any product that offers so much flexibility in the way features are delivered will have a complex back-end for administrators. Before an evaluation process begins, all settings must be just the way you want them ' changes made after the process begins could lead to problems for the rest of the process. After inheriting performance review duties earlier this year, I ran my first process (283 participants) and had to close a process the same day I opened it because of a mistake I made. Oops! This brings me to what I consider to be Halogen's best feature: their support team. Being a new administrator, I had LOTS of questions as we prepared to begin our evaluations, and panicked a bit when I realized I'd opened the process with an error that affected a dozen employees. The support team walked me through the steps to get the mistake fixed so we could get back on track, and they fielded my questions (sometimes multiple times per day!) until our process was complete several months later. Halogen has a robust product with lots of features, especially if you use more of their modules like Succession and Learning in conjunction with the Appraisal products. The only downside of big ships is that they take a little longer to turn than small ones. So you may see product features or UI's in newer-to-the-market companies that aren't available in Halogen yet. If you decide to contact Halogen to learn more, have a list of what you need your solution to be able to do. Halogen works hard to understand the needs of your organization to make sure their product is a good fit. When you speak with Sales and set up a sandbox to play in, Halogen's software wizards will show you exactly how your ideas could look in their platform, or explain what alternatives might be available.

Dee

Industry: Law Enforcement

An easy new updated software that replaced a very outdated Performance Management program.

It has encouraged employees to do better do to the fact that others can recognize them for their efforts. I have heard employees comment on how good it felt to receive feedback. You can really see a change in their work habits.

Pros

The ability for anyone to leave feedback for any employee no matter if they are a supervisor or a line employee. Due to the fact that others can recognize you for great service, it gives supervision a better picture of what kind of employee they have. It really does open the door for better communication between supervision and staff.

Cons

Our agency ran into some issues where there are multiple supervisors per team, and all should have the ability to leave supervisor notes, feedback, etc. for each employee and initially were unable to do so. With the addition of secondary supervisors, we were able to solve that problem, but it did take some time and assistance from customer support.

Simple Tool for Learning & Performance Management

Pros

A nice simple tool for setting up, monitoring, and facilitating performance management processes. It's very simple both from an admin side and the employee side. It has repeatable processes (good!) which allows for run-rate processes to be duplicated year after year and just the new employee base to be imported.

Cons

There are some features that feel intuitive that are surprisingly left out. It's possible to assign HR Reps to each employee, but the purpose of this is limited to just filtering the employee base in reports, it doesn't really allow HR Reps to go in there and help facilitate with their clients. There's also some clickable icons and features that simply don't work. Some browser compatability issues. If an employee starts mid-year, you can't assign them into the 'Goal Setting' period that they missed at the beginning of the year. There are just little issues, but seem like obvious inclusions to a software like this, but they're just not possible.

Ali

Halogen is the Best Deal!

We are a diversified business group with interests in sectors ranging from Hospitality to IT to FMCG and a host of other business lines in between. Our management wanted to implement a holistic Performance Management System which could cater to the unique needs of each BU we have. After scanning and evaluating dozens of HR Softwares/ Service Providers we came across Halogen TalentSpace and wow - what a discovery it was. The best product, the best features, seamless functionality, excellent customization options and good value for money. We haven't looked back since. And we are confident you wouldn't look any further either. Try Halogen, you would be glad you did!

Pros

Everything is great!

Mindy

December 2014

Great product and great people

Pros

The people at Halogen are so easy to work with and really knowledgeable. I was really pleasantly surprised how organized all involved were with our training and setups. We found the pre-loaded libraries invaluable for direct use, as well as for great examples and starting points to develop our own forms and processes. The software itself is well developed, and it was clear to us after evaluating other software that we would be choosing Halogen. We were up and running within 4 months and have never regretted our decision to choose Halogen. We love the succession planning module as it will serve us well in the future as we develop our organization's talent pool. We look forward to adding multi-rater and onboarding at some point in the future, as it would be great to tie these two modules into our current process.

Cons

The performance management module was very impressive. I found it so easy to use and setup. The managers who are using this software are thrilled at the ease and how seamlessly it replaced our labor intensive paper process. We will really benefit from this process improvement. The ability to tie-in our job descriptions to our performance appraisals was key in the transition. This approach makes sense to the employee, manager, HR, and TJC.

Molly

Good, but not great for companies on an anniversary date review cycle.

I would definitely recommend to those companies that are on a focal review date. It is nice to have all reviews stored in one place electronically and to be able to see where managers are in evaluating their staff.

Pros

I like the process of streamlining our performance evaluations, having them stored electronically, and being able to see where managers are in completing reviews for their staff.

Cons

I think that Halogen doesn't work great for companies who review on the anniversary date as opposed to focal.

Alan

An organization centric solution for talent management.

Pros

Customer service and support team are very courteous and knowledgeable, they listen to our problems and promptly fix them. Coming to features, Halogen is very functional and highly customizable. Presence of a wide range of modules to achieve performance management. Rather than just concentrating on technical aspects, it also pays equal attention to personalize the features with respect to a firm’s vision and mission. The application tracks, records and engages the employees through chat and voice-enabling them to learn while they work. It has really helped us with our HR activities and boosts efficiency. Being a cloud-based system, it is a bit expensive but worth it. You can check out the evaluations and feedback along with the updates of your whole organization chart.

Cons

As I mentioned earlier, the cost of it is slightly on the heavier side (which is fine, because it is efficient). Also, we feel we should be able to delete certain classes because they may seem to be outdated.

Melanie

Time used: Free Trial

Great for flexible year-round communication

We use the Performance Management module of Halogen, and it's been a hugely successful upgrade from our previous, paper-based system. I am the administrator and came in with no Halogen experience; within a week I was administering, with help from the support team. Which is key: Halogen has great support and they will work with you to get the system to do what you need it to do.

Pros

Not only easy to use but also easy to learn. Very customizable. Support comes in a variety of forms so you can choose which is best for your problem, learning style, or training audience. Encourages yearlong engagement with performance management through editable goals and supervisor/employee relationships.

Cons

I wish the coding for forms was a little less confusing. Some of the buttons for that (and the processes themselves, only not quite as much for those) are counterintuitive and require more try-it-and-see than I'd like.

Sean

Great service and base product fits out needs very well. Has some features missing

Pros

The features I like most about this software is that it fits our business requirements for performance management pretty well. Forms allow for customization and are somewhat easy to manipulate and make small changes. I like the option to "Copy" previous processes forward, which is a quick way to cut off some steps for setting up. I've also typically had a really good experience with support at Halogen. They're quick to respond and escalate any issues.

Cons

There are some features that seem intuitive that are lacking in Halogen. For example, there's a field to assign an HR Rep to each employee, but this field doesn't drive anything forward. There's also some capabilities missing that allow a manager to reverse the process back to an employee. I am constantly being called to do it from the admin back-end. It's very easy but with so much of my time devoted to non-Halogen items, it's just a bit of a time robber.

Jocelyn

Industry: Oil & Energy

Halogen Administrator - Love it!

Great software, definitely recommend!

Pros

Very easy to configure. Amazing recognition/feedback tool that can be integrated into Outlook -- very easy to use and simple. Performance appraisals with multiple sign offs is a breeze with Halogen. Eliminates lots of paper trails with this tool -- job description sign offs, policy signoffs, onboarding, off boarding, and etc.

Cons

Homepage dashboard update is quick confusing. Previous version was more straightforward, but it does have a cleaner look now. Not the most user friendly, does require some training to have end users up to speed with navigating the software.

Michele

November 2014

Halogen has streamlined our Performance Management !

Pros

Halogen Performance Management has allowed us to implement a paperless performance appraisal process. We had a short (and successful) implementation window and have eliminated the need for paper appraisal forms completely. We were able to design our form to match our current process (as opposed to conforming to the software limitations). We were able to create steps to the process that fit our business needs and allowed some flexibility for our managers and their staff. Halogen is so responsive to our requests, questions, and overall support needs. It is clear to me that they have listened to their customers when designing the product, and I've seen updates to the software that have truly enhanced our software experience.

Cons

I wish that Halogen was a fully integrated HRIS system. It does require interfacing with our HRIS. We have plans to automate this using tools inside Halogen so we can eliminate the need for us to load our file. I wish that we had purchased the entire suite when we went live even if that meant implementing this on a longer schedule.

Christina

April 2016

Using Halogen In the Public Sector

Our law enforcement agency began using Halogen less than a year ago. Our old performance management system was archaic and very had very bulky maintenance for Human Resources. Halogen has brought us into the new age and has provided tremendous support to get us up and running. I spent about 6 months learning about Halogen and working with an implementation consultant to ensure that the software was customized to best suit our needs. In addition to our customizing the software, we were provided with testimonials from other clients and given tips and tricks from Halogen to best encourage user adoption from our employees. The Halogen culture of customers and support is extremely easy to access and helpful.

Pros

Feedback to document employees performance year long, not just was evaluation time. This has increased transparency with our employees and supervisors. Customization of the forms and processes Ease of connecting with other customers and support

Cons

Has proven to have some limitations for our law enforcement agency. Building out competencies and forms was very labor intensive because there was not a variety of pre-built law enforcement competencies (officer safety etc.). That said, some of the competencies in the Halogen Library were able to be used after being manipulated.

Halogen is Life Changing

Halogen has made a huge difference for this organization. We have been here for 51 years and there has never been any evaluations done, ever. This something new to the majority of the people here. It is a wonderful learning experience for them. It is about time that they be evaluated and find out how they can make changes in some of the things they are doing in their current positions. Halogen is the best tool for this job.

Pros

Easy to use and understand.

Cons

We have people without computers, so that is an issue. They would like to be able to do it on paper.

Provide Feedback With Ease

Pros

I use Saba Talentspace for one on one meetings, annual performance evaluations, tracking of goals, providing feedback and kudos to my colleagues, and to track documents of achievement etc. Saba Talentspace allows a company to personalize the program with branding specific for your organization. I love that I can keep track of my progress on my goals. The one on one meetings with your supervisor are all stored right in the program. It is a one stop shop. The coolest feature is that you can provide feedback or coaching to any of your colleagues through the organization. It is a nice surprise to see the kudos you receive

Cons

The only con I have is the slow loading time. We have over 30k employees so when I need to access a review it can take a bit of time. Do not let this hinder you though. It is a great program

Saba TalentSpace