• Pros

• "Fairly responsive customer service and the product is very robust."

• "I like the reports that can be created. They are easy to create, and are very useful in evaluating performance and providing performance bonuses."

• "I like that it is very powerful. It can pretty much do anything you want it to do."

• Cons

• "The only con I have is the slow loading time. We have over 30k employees so when I need to access a review it can take a bit of time. Do not let this hinder you though. It is a great program"

• "Honestly, I can't think of much. I think perhaps a little more ability to brand (font, color, layout) the user end would be nice and would increase the professionalism of the product."

• "So far, we have had no problems and it has been a great investment in our team. "

Browse Saba TalentSpace Reviews

Ali from FHG Business Group

Halogen Rules!

Pros

Excellent product features, seamless customization options and great customer service. Halogen TalentSpace is everything that you want them to be - and maybe a lot more. Highly Recommended, especially for Performance Management automation!

Cons

It's been a great experience thus far and we stay positive for the future too! PS: We have a feeling it will keep getting better :-)

Abby from OrthoIndy

Amazing customer service from implementation to successful utilization

Pros

One of the greatest features of Halogen/Saba is their people. The implementation team, the customer representatives, and the technical service support all make sure to answer every question to help in the best way possible in finding a solution to your problem.

Cons

Some of the administrator features are not as user friendly as the end user technology. I do find myself wishing for some additional customization features in how the forms and processes run. However, that being said, Halogen/Saba has always taken their client feedback into consideration and often will try to include the features you request in the last version roll-out. It looks promising that many of the things we would like to see could be part of a future version.

Eric from OrthoIndy

Customer Support has taken a nosedive since the Saba acquisition

One of the things that sold us on Halogen was the fantastic customer support, but I feel like since Saba acquired Halogen, the customer support has taken a nosedive. I've had three Customer Success Managers (essentially an Account Manager) in the last two years, and I think they've reached out to me once in that period of time, right around the time of contract renewal. The tech support team used to be able to answer questions and resolve issues on the first phone call 99% of the time, and the phone would be answered within 2-3 rings. Now it's not unusual to be on hold, or have to log a support ticket and have a Tier 2 support person step in on nearly every call.

Pros

Generally it is easy to use, once you get the hang of it. I like that it is customizable to a large extent.

Cons

The administrative portal can be challenging to use, and it seems that most of the updating has taken place on the front end. Adding users, documents, and profile photos is very time-consuming and requires too many steps.

Julie from Manatee County Sheriff's Office

Halogen and Law Enforcement

Pros

Halogen has the best customer service I have ever had the pleasure of working with-Hands down. They are knowledgeable, quick and efficient and so pleasant. The site is intuitive and good looking. The employees love that we moved from a computer based program to a web based program as most of our staff work out of the office/in their patrol vehicles. Feedback central is the best thing ever. It has completely shifted our culture from performance evaluation to performance management.

Cons

Halogen is a bit bulky on the back end for law enforcement specific items. We have very specific procedures that required Halogen to develop some work arounds for us. Even still there are some things that we need that Halogen just cannot do yet. However, they are constantly updating so we are hoping they integrate some of our wish list into future updates.

E. Jay from CDI LLC

March 2016

After one year, still going strong...

Following 9 months of development, we had our first annual review process completed by April 2015. It went well, but required some significant back end administration due to process issues we had built in. This wasn't the fault of the tool, but more due to the development. We really had to go through one iteration to get better at it and learn how it works. The major issue I had with the software was lack of appropriate reporting - there was not a built-in report for simple things I wanted to see, and I have not been able to set up a report for all managers to use to give them data on their employees.

Pros

Customer support has been great. I wasn't able to pull reports and contacted the team. They walked me through setting up the reports and identified that what I was trying to do would not work in any browser other than explorer. Software works as planned very well, which is what the long development cycle helped with.

Cons

Reporting still remains an issue. Useful reports are not built into the system and I am not able to set these up for my managers. I have highlighted this to the Halogen team but have seen no updates - it's still a manual process for each manager to set up their own reports.

Dee from Manatee County Sheriff's Office

Great Communication Tool for Large Companies

Pros

The ability for others to leave feedback is invaluable. Old performance management software only allowed supervision to leave notes about employee behavior, with this software all are able to do so. They can either give constructive feedback or recognition. It's impossible for a supervisor to be see everything, this way others are able to assist supervision in adequately evaluating their peers.

Cons

There are a lot of back door moves that need to be made to get certain evaluations up and going. I wish there were an easier way to assign quarterly and annual evaluations without having to individually do each one.

Bobbi from Kreischer Miller

Your imagination is the only limitation

Pros

Very flexible. Great customer service. Seems to be on the cutting edge of what trends are coming up in performance management (i.e. one on one meetings, etc.)

Cons

So flexible it can be overwhelming at times. Halogen has many "bells and whistles" that it can be overwhelming at first, especially to new users.

Dan from Doeren Mayhew

Powerful talent managment tool

Halogen Talent Management software is something I have been using for 5 years now. Halogen continues to refine the way performance reviews are completed by creating many opportunities for employee engagement. Whether it is goal setting, reviews, or just a "way to go" message, the Halogen dashboard makes it quick and easy to keep in touch with employees.

Pros

Halogen customer services can't be beat. Representatives take ownership of your problem and stays with it until the end. Not once have I felt bad for calling about something I forgot how to do. Always soliciting feedback (pun intended) from their users on new features or enhancements.

Cons

Need to increase the dialogue between users by adding user group webinars/meetings based on industry - ours being professional services has some unique reporting structures.

Karen from Builders Mutual Insurance Company

Managing Your Performance is simple with Halogen

We are a Commercial Insurance Company with concentration in the Construction Industry. We have 250+ employees in our organization and have been using Halogen for 1 year. The application is fantastic - truly gives an employee and/or leadership access to Goals, Developments Plans, Feedback, Reviews, etc. in one central location. The Implementation Team, Product Team, Customer Service Team - they have been great! The entire experience with the product and the company has been fabulous!

Pros

Create an electronic processes for manual/paper forms Customized Reporting Customized View Customized Learning Units Customized Learning Paths e-Courses available ... and more!

Cons

That we didn't purchase sooner!

Todd from Casino Rama

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Every great business is built on friendship

Pros

I would have to say the service and support. TMS systems are more or less built and designed to do the same thing. However what truly separates the good from the truly great is the service that follows the implementation of the product. Halogen truly does have a great product, but they enhance it by providing truly exceptional service.

Cons

I keep looking...and if I can't find anything that easy...what does that tell you about the product?

Louis from LionRT

Saba Talent Space Software offers an exciting team galvanizing solution to tracking performance according to project and specific task.

We began experimenting with Saba Talent Space software as a solution to involve each team member into identifying their progress and to communicate while pursuing common goals. This result is realized through the use of Saba Talent Space's intuitive user interface which allows communication and a monitoring dashboard which they can constantly update.

Pros

The best features of Saba Talent Space are contained via their proprietary dash board where team leaders can interact individually or in group context in order to provide support as well as to continue education mid task. This insures progression which influences our positive productivity. This software provides features which allow the inclusion of third party materials which can then be associated to employee and task. We love this feature because it allows for continual education at a time where the expertise is most needed. An invaluable feature as well is "flow reporting" which allows project leads the ability to configure and to customize reporting on project progress.

Cons

Our only concern is that the mobile software version of their software might benefit from some design improvements to make it as interactive and as intuitive as their desktop solution. That observation aside we can say Saba's Talent Space software has provided much more benefits to our teams ability to cultivate our own talent and to assist in the project completions and success.

January 2016

Sandra from EMJ Corporation

January 2016

Great Support for New Administrators

We use the eAppraisal and 360 modules of TalentSpace to execute our annual reviews. We can roll out events in phases with separate due dates, including profile updates, self-appraisals, peer appraisals (called multi-raters), manager reviews, manager-employee meetings, and final reviews of appraisal meeting notes. When tasks are overdue, daily email notifications ' to employees and their managers ' go out to stress the urgency of the process. Any product that offers so much flexibility in the way features are delivered will have a complex back-end for administrators. Before an evaluation process begins, all settings must be just the way you want them ' changes made after the process begins could lead to problems for the rest of the process. After inheriting performance review duties earlier this year, I ran my first process (283 participants) and had to close a process the same day I opened it because of a mistake I made. Oops! This brings me to what I consider to be Halogen's best feature: their support team. Being a new administrator, I had LOTS of questions as we prepared to begin our evaluations, and panicked a bit when I realized I'd opened the process with an error that affected a dozen employees. The support team walked me through the steps to get the mistake fixed so we could get back on track, and they fielded my questions (sometimes multiple times per day!) until our process was complete several months later. Halogen has a robust product with lots of features, especially if you use more of their modules like Succession and Learning in conjunction with the Appraisal products. The only downside of big ships is that they take a little longer to turn than small ones. So you may see product features or UI's in newer-to-the-market companies that aren't available in Halogen yet. If you decide to contact Halogen to learn more, have a list of what you need your solution to be able to do. Halogen works hard to understand the needs of your organization to make sure their product is a good fit. When you speak with Sales and set up a sandbox to play in, Halogen's software wizards will show you exactly how your ideas could look in their platform, or explain what alternatives might be available.

Dee from Manatee County Sheriff's Office

Industry: Law Enforcement

An easy new updated software that replaced a very outdated Performance Management program.

It has encouraged employees to do better do to the fact that others can recognize them for their efforts. I have heard employees comment on how good it felt to receive feedback. You can really see a change in their work habits.

Pros

The ability for anyone to leave feedback for any employee no matter if they are a supervisor or a line employee. Due to the fact that others can recognize you for great service, it gives supervision a better picture of what kind of employee they have. It really does open the door for better communication between supervision and staff.

Cons

Our agency ran into some issues where there are multiple supervisors per team, and all should have the ability to leave supervisor notes, feedback, etc. for each employee and initially were unable to do so. With the addition of secondary supervisors, we were able to solve that problem, but it did take some time and assistance from customer support.

Simple Tool for Learning & Performance Management

Pros

A nice simple tool for setting up, monitoring, and facilitating performance management processes. It's very simple both from an admin side and the employee side. It has repeatable processes (good!) which allows for run-rate processes to be duplicated year after year and just the new employee base to be imported.

Cons

There are some features that feel intuitive that are surprisingly left out. It's possible to assign HR Reps to each employee, but the purpose of this is limited to just filtering the employee base in reports, it doesn't really allow HR Reps to go in there and help facilitate with their clients. There's also some clickable icons and features that simply don't work. Some browser compatability issues. If an employee starts mid-year, you can't assign them into the 'Goal Setting' period that they missed at the beginning of the year. There are just little issues, but seem like obvious inclusions to a software like this, but they're just not possible.

Ali from FHG Business Group

Halogen is the Best Deal!

We are a diversified business group with interests in sectors ranging from Hospitality to IT to FMCG and a host of other business lines in between. Our management wanted to implement a holistic Performance Management System which could cater to the unique needs of each BU we have. After scanning and evaluating dozens of HR Softwares/ Service Providers we came across Halogen TalentSpace and wow - what a discovery it was. The best product, the best features, seamless functionality, excellent customization options and good value for money. We haven't looked back since. And we are confident you wouldn't look any further either. Try Halogen, you would be glad you did!

Pros

Everything is great!

December 2014

Mindy from MIC

December 2014

Great product and great people

Pros

The people at Halogen are so easy to work with and really knowledgeable. I was really pleasantly surprised how organized all involved were with our training and setups. We found the pre-loaded libraries invaluable for direct use, as well as for great examples and starting points to develop our own forms and processes. The software itself is well developed, and it was clear to us after evaluating other software that we would be choosing Halogen. We were up and running within 4 months and have never regretted our decision to choose Halogen. We love the succession planning module as it will serve us well in the future as we develop our organization's talent pool. We look forward to adding multi-rater and onboarding at some point in the future, as it would be great to tie these two modules into our current process.

Cons

The performance management module was very impressive. I found it so easy to use and setup. The managers who are using this software are thrilled at the ease and how seamlessly it replaced our labor intensive paper process. We will really benefit from this process improvement. The ability to tie-in our job descriptions to our performance appraisals was key in the transition. This approach makes sense to the employee, manager, HR, and TJC.

Molly from Seibels

Good, but not great for companies on an anniversary date review cycle.

I would definitely recommend to those companies that are on a focal review date. It is nice to have all reviews stored in one place electronically and to be able to see where managers are in evaluating their staff.

Pros

I like the process of streamlining our performance evaluations, having them stored electronically, and being able to see where managers are in completing reviews for their staff.

Cons

I think that Halogen doesn't work great for companies who review on the anniversary date as opposed to focal.

Alan from HCL Technologies

An organization centric solution for talent management.

Pros

Customer service and support team are very courteous and knowledgeable, they listen to our problems and promptly fix them. Coming to features, Halogen is very functional and highly customizable. Presence of a wide range of modules to achieve performance management. Rather than just concentrating on technical aspects, it also pays equal attention to personalize the features with respect to a firm’s vision and mission. The application tracks, records and engages the employees through chat and voice-enabling them to learn while they work. It has really helped us with our HR activities and boosts efficiency. Being a cloud-based system, it is a bit expensive but worth it. You can check out the evaluations and feedback along with the updates of your whole organization chart.

Cons

As I mentioned earlier, the cost of it is slightly on the heavier side (which is fine, because it is efficient). Also, we feel we should be able to delete certain classes because they may seem to be outdated.

Melanie

Great for flexible year-round communication

We use the Performance Management module of Halogen, and it's been a hugely successful upgrade from our previous, paper-based system. I am the administrator and came in with no Halogen experience; within a week I was administering, with help from the support team. Which is key: Halogen has great support and they will work with you to get the system to do what you need it to do.

Pros

Not only easy to use but also easy to learn. Very customizable. Support comes in a variety of forms so you can choose which is best for your problem, learning style, or training audience. Encourages yearlong engagement with performance management through editable goals and supervisor/employee relationships.

Cons

I wish the coding for forms was a little less confusing. Some of the buttons for that (and the processes themselves, only not quite as much for those) are counterintuitive and require more try-it-and-see than I'd like.

Sean from Meridian

Great service and base product fits out needs very well. Has some features missing

Pros

The features I like most about this software is that it fits our business requirements for performance management pretty well. Forms allow for customization and are somewhat easy to manipulate and make small changes. I like the option to "Copy" previous processes forward, which is a quick way to cut off some steps for setting up. I've also typically had a really good experience with support at Halogen. They're quick to respond and escalate any issues.

Cons

There are some features that seem intuitive that are lacking in Halogen. For example, there's a field to assign an HR Rep to each employee, but this field doesn't drive anything forward. There's also some capabilities missing that allow a manager to reverse the process back to an employee. I am constantly being called to do it from the admin back-end. It's very easy but with so much of my time devoted to non-Halogen items, it's just a bit of a time robber.

Jocelyn from AFCC Automotive Fuel Cell Cooperation Corp.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Halogen Administrator - Love it!

Great software, definitely recommend!

Pros

Very easy to configure. Amazing recognition/feedback tool that can be integrated into Outlook -- very easy to use and simple. Performance appraisals with multiple sign offs is a breeze with Halogen. Eliminates lots of paper trails with this tool -- job description sign offs, policy signoffs, onboarding, off boarding, and etc.

Cons

Homepage dashboard update is quick confusing. Previous version was more straightforward, but it does have a cleaner look now. Not the most user friendly, does require some training to have end users up to speed with navigating the software.

Michele from Mercy Hospital Iowa City

November 2014

Halogen has streamlined our Performance Management !

Pros

Halogen Performance Management has allowed us to implement a paperless performance appraisal process. We had a short (and successful) implementation window and have eliminated the need for paper appraisal forms completely. We were able to design our form to match our current process (as opposed to conforming to the software limitations). We were able to create steps to the process that fit our business needs and allowed some flexibility for our managers and their staff. Halogen is so responsive to our requests, questions, and overall support needs. It is clear to me that they have listened to their customers when designing the product, and I've seen updates to the software that have truly enhanced our software experience.

Cons

I wish that Halogen was a fully integrated HRIS system. It does require interfacing with our HRIS. We have plans to automate this using tools inside Halogen so we can eliminate the need for us to load our file. I wish that we had purchased the entire suite when we went live even if that meant implementing this on a longer schedule.

April 2016

Christina from Manatee County Sheriff's Office

April 2016

Using Halogen In the Public Sector

Our law enforcement agency began using Halogen less than a year ago. Our old performance management system was archaic and very had very bulky maintenance for Human Resources. Halogen has brought us into the new age and has provided tremendous support to get us up and running. I spent about 6 months learning about Halogen and working with an implementation consultant to ensure that the software was customized to best suit our needs. In addition to our customizing the software, we were provided with testimonials from other clients and given tips and tricks from Halogen to best encourage user adoption from our employees. The Halogen culture of customers and support is extremely easy to access and helpful.

Pros

Feedback to document employees performance year long, not just was evaluation time. This has increased transparency with our employees and supervisors. Customization of the forms and processes Ease of connecting with other customers and support

Cons

Has proven to have some limitations for our law enforcement agency. Building out competencies and forms was very labor intensive because there was not a variety of pre-built law enforcement competencies (officer safety etc.). That said, some of the competencies in the Halogen Library were able to be used after being manipulated.

Sarah from NEWCAP, Inc.

Halogen is Life Changing

Halogen has made a huge difference for this organization. We have been here for 51 years and there has never been any evaluations done, ever. This something new to the majority of the people here. It is a wonderful learning experience for them. It is about time that they be evaluated and find out how they can make changes in some of the things they are doing in their current positions. Halogen is the best tool for this job.

Pros

Easy to use and understand.

Cons

We have people without computers, so that is an issue. They would like to be able to do it on paper.

Provide Feedback With Ease

Pros

I use Saba Talentspace for one on one meetings, annual performance evaluations, tracking of goals, providing feedback and kudos to my colleagues, and to track documents of achievement etc. Saba Talentspace allows a company to personalize the program with branding specific for your organization. I love that I can keep track of my progress on my goals. The one on one meetings with your supervisor are all stored right in the program. It is a one stop shop. The coolest feature is that you can provide feedback or coaching to any of your colleagues through the organization. It is a nice surprise to see the kudos you receive

Natasha from MISA

October 2015

Very happy with the system

Pros

We have a very complex process and were very happy to find that Halogen was able to help us keep our current forms and processes. Our implementation team was very flexible and worked hard to find workarounds whenever we had an obstacle. Our CAM is very proactive about communicating with us and we enjoy working with the support people as well. I love the fact that the support team is available 24/7.

Cons

We did have some issues in that there were certain things that the system simply wasn't built to do. However, the implementation team was excellent and helped us find workarounds to accomplish what we wanted to do.

Lena from Century Group

October 2015

Great product, even better service!

Pros

Halogen Performance and 360 modules make it simple for employees and managers to share feedback. We love the recognition component and that employees are able to share feedback with their colleagues at the right time. In our 2nd year of feedback, our employees are thrilled that they can pull the notes they have been making all year long right onto their review forms and not have to try to remember what they did over the last year, or re-write it! Our managers love the Comment Helper to get them started on what to say.

Cons

I'd love for there to be a phone app and a way for us to use the Recognition button through our employee intranet (and not just Outlook). I'd also like to see the Comment Helper available for employees.

Todd from Casino Rama

Halogen Rocks!

Pros

Halogen's software is very intuitive to use. We have been a user since 2008 and have seen considerable progress with the interface and system updates. They are forward thinking and update quite often. They also have a cornucopia of resources for talent management training and ideas. Customer support is awesome- they're always helpful, calm, and collected.

Cons

Not much to say here, we are a unique environment that sometimes reaches limits on what the system can do, however Halogen is always willing to assist with a solution.

Gurinder from Multi-Health Systems Inc. (MHS)

Industry: Publishing

Great product for tech savvy companies

Pros

You can customize it to suit your needs. It is simple to set up and lot of your paper processes - Halogen can simplify them and put them at one place. Customer Support is great and quickly reached.

Cons

It's a bit cumbersome and lengthy to set up and understand how it works at the back end. You need to have extensive training on it as an administrator to understand this system inside out. Not really a con!

Maren from ASCD

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Rockstar of talent management

Our organization has used Halogen TalentSpace for 9 years as our goal management, feedback and performance management solution. We also use the learning module for managing training. The system configuration is simple and building processes and forms is fun. You can use the solution for more than just performance reviews - we use it for compliance sign-offs, coaching, individual development plans, compensation management, and more. The best part about Halogen is the world class customer service - they are simply the best out there!

Pros

Easy to configure, great tools for Outlook users makes feedback simple and easy, can integrate with other applications. It's as complete a solution as you can have for managing HR programs that isn't an HRIS system.

Cons

It's not an HRIS or payroll system so you need to integrate it with your other solutions.

Courtney from Harrisburg Area Community College

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Halogen Review - Performance Management

Pros

I enjoy working with this software because it is simple to use and any time I have a question, Halogen's Support Team responds quickly with the information that I request. Everyone I have worked with and spoken to have been friendly and very informative. I started in my position a year ago and was tasked with running a yearly appraisal process 2 months into my tenure. I was able to read the manual and develop the process very quickly and easily.

Cons

I don't like how the results are tied to a process, rather than a person. I've accidentally removed someone from a process and deleted their records because they're not tied to the individual.

November 2015

Brittany from CGb Enterprises

Industry: Farming

November 2015

My Review of Halogen

Pros

It is a really cool LMS. There is a lot of flexibility to create whatever works for your organization. I think my favorite feature would be the feedback section. You can write comments about your direct reports and/or other employees in the organization. This feedback is attached to the employee's annual performance review.

Cons

With any system there are limitations, I would like the e-Recruit system to be more robust. The process to recruit and hire is junky. It looks like a lot more money goes into the Performance section than any other part of the system.

Megan from Bank of Queensland

Our wonderful journey with Halogen

Pros

What's not to like? Amazing customer service, available at any time on any day! If we are in a sticky situation and require assistance, technical support is only a phone call or email away. We have had a seamless experience implementing this product.

Cons

Nothing jumps to mind, we are happy customers! Service is fantastic

December 2013

Lizzie from Clark Nuber

December 2013

Halogen customer for 8+ years

Pros

I like best that the software is upgraded several times a year and that it remains intuitive for the end user. I like that they have excellent customer support and that I can get through to a live person right away if I have questions about the system.

Cons

There is very little I dislike about Halogen Software. As with all software systems, it is never perfect, and sometimes, we need to make some workarounds to accommodate our needs, but I appreciate that Halogen is willing to help come up with solutions and/or they update their product if it is something that their other customers would find useful as well.

Halogen TalentSpace Review

Overall, Halogen TalentSpace is a great for documenting performance reviews and real time feedback and it's nice that it can be customized based on a company's requirements. Would recommend.

Pros

Halogen TalentSpace is great because my company was able to configure the performance review template to our own framework. We are able to fill out evaluations by rating team members on various core competencies and then provide commentary to explain the ratings. I also really like the feedback feature within Halogen TalentSpace, as it allows quick feedback to be shared with anyone at the company even if they are not a direct report.

Cons

The 1 on 1 meeting agenda points are automatically populated with feedback notes which makes it cluttered. It would be better for these to only be entered by the reviewer/reviewee to drive the 1 on 1 meeting and if the feedback notes are relevant, then the reviewer/reviewee could choose to add if they wanted.

Kerry from ECI

Helpful support desk

Pros

Their customer service desk is generally very helpful. The reps are very helpful and easy to understand. There has only been one time when they were unable to solve my issue. Customer service was a big issue with our previous vendor, so this has been a welcome change of pace.

Cons

The interface is not terribly intuitive, particularly on the admin side. For performance management, other vendors are more user friendly on the user side.

Zoe from Kilmarnock Enterprise

Great Support, Ease of Use

We are currently implementing Halogen, and having been used to pen-and-paper, so it is a lot to get used to. The platform, depending on which package you have purchased, allows you to navigate around the site and set up many different forms for whatever you are using the software for. For our organization, we needed a place to keep track of employee reviews. Halogen is helping supervisors and managers keep track of employee progress and evaluations so when it comes time for reviews, the task is not overwhelming. One-on-one meetings that occur more frequently throughout the year is our main goal, rather than having one cumulative review at year's end, and so far, Halogen is helping us to create the environment to achieve this. The reps do a wonderful job explaining the software, its capabilities, and how to use the system the way *you* want to. They even help you create forms for your specific needs, and are very good to answer any questions you may have. So far, customer service is wonderful. The platform itself does seem a bit Windows '98-ish, but serves its purpose. Overall, for a medium-large size company that needs some help with talent management, Halogen is a great system.

Marti from Quaker Chemical Corporation

Halogen - LMS Admin Review

Halogen Talentspace allows use to execute our e-learning strategy - deliver curated content to different audiences, engage management, and strengthen demand for e-learning.

Pros

System is user friendly! I was able to pick it up as an admin in a few weeks. Our associates seem to be able to navigate the system well from a learning perspective. The system,also, integrates well with our e-learning content provider.

Cons

Halogen has been great with responding to inquiries to help solve problems. I would say my biggest ask would be for their to be more built in abilities for our associates to review courses after the fact and track those metrics. I feel there could be a more streamlined way to create learning units but I'm ok with current functionality.

Christina from Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Saba can be easy to use but not always

I like the software as it makes it easy to use to track what employees need to have done as well as what I have to do for each employee but it would be nicer if there weren't so many back and forth steps between the employee and manager before something is signed off on.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use most of the time and I like that because I had never used this software before working at my current job. It would be nicer if you didn't always have to go to the home menu to go somewhere else.

Cons

There are times when you are trying to figure something out, click the wrong button, or an employee is not assigned to you that can make the software difficult to use as you want it to do something that it won't do.

Stephanie from OCTA

Excellent Customer Service and Quality Software

Pros

They have top notch customer service and are always listening to their customers to improve the product. The administrative side is user friendly and not too hard to learn. Halogen works quite well for what we need it to do, and we are always brainstorming how we can better utilize it to improve processes in our organization.

Cons

I wish this was a "do-it all" enterprise type software. We currently have many different software solutions and it would be nice if Halogen could do them all!

Bonnie from BlueSky Resource Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Highly Customizable

Really good but be prepared to dedicate some major man hours in the set up

Pros

You really can make this software do whatever you want it to do. There are a lot of customizable options

Cons

It takes a lot of work building out the software. It’s be nice if there were more “out of the box” functions and forms that could be edited. Especially for companies that don’t already use paper forms

Mandy from The Ordway

Industry: Philanthropy

Helpful Halogen

Pros

First and foremost, the customer service is top notch. Whatever I needed, I was easily able to get or find. Everyone from our sales rep to the technical help desk was knowledgeable, patient, and kind. We were a mid-sized company, and every time I needed something, I was treated as though we were the only client. I also love the product. It's easy to navigate both the front and back end; we could customize what we needed, and the modules we used (eAppraisal and eLearning) had everything we needed and more.

Tiffany from Access One

Halogen Fan

Overall, I'm a Halogen fan. I simply wish they would get the back end up to date with the front end.

Pros

Great end user interface - intuitive for our staff to use Great customer service Robust admin training

Cons

HR Admin backend is clunky and outdated Implementation was long (3-4 months) and difficult End user training is an additional cost

Laurelle from SCI

Halogen is a great system that is easy to use and fulfills our needs

It is easy to use, onboarding is great and the feedback piece is the best

Pros

I love the feedback and performance coaching features. They are easy to use and for the user to understand.

Cons

Sometimes, there are so many steps to do one thing! I know this is common is these types of systems so I don't look at it as necessarily a negative!

September 2013

Sandi from FuelCell Energy Inc.

September 2013

Halogen Software - Performance and Compensation Management

I have been a Halogen customer for 8 years. We started with eAppraisal and now also use eCompensation and are working on going live with Job Description Builder. I recommend Halogen to pretty much anyone who will listen. I not only like the ease of use on the product, the customer service of Halogen is outstanding. As a high-growth company, we have many employees who join our team from different companies and corporate cultures and we use the employee performance management system to drive a higher level of accountability and consistency. Halogen's software allows automation of the performance management and greatly eases the burden of appraisals - allowing us to focus on the performance discussions - not the process. eCompensation eliminated our use of spreadsheets for compensation management and reduced errors in payroll data signficantly. If I had a con to Halogen, it is that there is not yet a more local user conference with others who use Halogen in the Northeast for me to collaborate in person but I am sure it will come with time. the Halogen User Group (HUG) is excellent.

Porter from Tang & Company

Great So Far

Pros

Customer support and implementation team is phenomenal! Questions are answered quickly through live chat or meetings with the implementation specialist. In depth administrative training is great. Only on our first year with them so far but we hope to continue to expand and utilize it to its full capabilities.

Cons

Learning curve may be a little steep for those who aren't tech savvy. It does take a lot of time commitment to implement and receive training.

Ronald from SCVWD

Industry: Utilities

Performance Management Consultant

Pros

Halogen provides an outstanding talent management system that is easy to implement, is cost effective and provide outstanding customer service.

Cons

There are no issues that would cause us to dislike this product.

A lot of organizational abilities under one program

Pros

Being able to create an organizational flow chart allows you to not only view your chain of command but quickly and easily look up contact information for any person in your organization and within a given department. Adding photos allows you to put a face with a name when working with remote offices and areas.

Cons

The learning management system is sometime finicky. If you start an assigned training task from one location on your home screen, it doesn't always come off of your assigned task list- the administrator has to remove it manually.

February 2015

Bonnie from MVI Proplant

February 2015

Confusing, but high functioning

Pros

Cons

I felt like I needed a degree in software development to make changes.

Kelly from Karrikins Group

Customer Service is Top!

Pros

The customer service line is amazing. The team in Canada work 24 hours (which is very good when you are based in Australia on the other side of the world!) and they will always thoroughly run you through solutions for your questions and make sure your issue is fully resolved.

Cons

Sometimes the reporting options do not fulfil our requirements