• Pros

• "It's very easy to use and implement. The customer service is awesome."

• "It is very affordable and the customer support is very responsive. "

• "I like how easy it is to use and the ability to see my timecard and punches in real time. Being able to keep track of my hours down to the second is extremely helpful."

• Cons

• "GPS location takes some time when cell phone reception is poor"

• "I don't see any "cons" with this software. It's really easy to use."

• "Nothing is wrong with app...does everything I require "

Browse honeybeeBase Reviews

Recommendation

I find it very easy to use. It is prompt and the layout is user friendly

Pros

Ease of use. I can easily clock myself in.

Cons

So far there is nothing that I dislike about it.

Michael from Estepp Energy

2 year review

Pros

Ease of new employee setup and also ease of employee clock in and out

Cons

I seem to have problems with the time paid off feature and keeping up with the paid time off bank. I probably didn't get it setup properly in the beginning

Reasons for Choosing honeybeeBase

HoneyBee was a better fit for our size company at the time. Also, the cost was less.

John from MSXI

MSXI Warranty Project

This software has proved crucial in implementing accurate performance management processes.

Pros

I am impressed with the ease to update the features within this software. The technical support team and knowledge base is also extremely impressive.

Cons

There are many methods to accomplish a single task. Although this can be perceived as a benefit to some, many find this cumbersome.

honeybeeBase

The biggest area I have benefited from is the accrual of PTO. This used to take a significant amount of time every pay period to calculate manually. Honeybee allows us to input an employee's hire date and tell it how to calculate for each employee automatically. This has allowed us to become more efficient and also to ensure our calculations are exact with no errors.

Pros

It tracks an abundance of information. I like how you can customize it to your company's needs, such as your company's PTO policy. It made it easy to track different employees' time off accruals, which are unique to each employee depending upon date of hire, position, etc. Our employees like the fact that they can have the app on their personal smart phones so they can keep track of their own hours, requests for time off, etc. Utilizing this app has saved us money in the long run due to having to use less paper for time sheets, time off requests, and PTO updates to employees. Customer service is excellent. Anytime I've emailed or called, I've received a response in a very timely manner.

Cons

It took us quite awhile to learn how to maneuver the site. Sometimes I still get confused how to get back to a certain section. I'd like to see a more thorough instructional manual become available. Even though we've gotten used to most areas of the software that we use daily, those areas that are less frequently used still take up more time than we'd like just to remind ourselves of how to tackle certain issues. I've had to make our own HoneybeeBase instructional manual, so it would have been nice if a more thorough one was provided.

Cathy from Brunswick Judicial Circuit

Excellent product

Overall I am very happy with the product. The customer service is exceptional. I cannot rave enough on that. I always get a response almost immediately and that in itself makes this an awesome product.

Pros

It's very easy to use and implement. The customer service is awesome.

Cons

I cannot enter our holidays across the board for all employees. I have to enter each holiday for each employee individually which is very time consuming. Also wish there was a way to make a group punch, such as when we were closed due to power outage or because of a hurricane evacuation, etc..... and employees received admin leave with pay. I had to enter each one individually. Our employees are not allowed to enter or make adjustments on their time sheets. They can only clock in and out.

Reasons for Choosing honeybeeBase

Price and service. Most other products offered the same functionality, but honeybee just seemed more friendly to me and price was better. Since I'm the payroll person I got the biggest vote.

Drew from MSX International

Honeybee is a valuable tool for time tracking and management

The fact that employees can visibly see their vacation/personal time, and keep track of their own schedule is a huge benefit to time spent contacting HR with questions.

Pros

It's ease of use. Once logged in, the software is user-friendly after 10 minutes of training. Hours worked, vacation/personal time, all the valuable information is right in front of you, like a dashboard. Easy to enter time off requests, messages are displayed where they are most visible.

Cons

Working with a vehicle manufacturer, the systems they have in place slow the software down. At times, you clock out for lunch, and are waiting for the software to catch up and record the time. I don't believe this is attributed to the software itself though.

It’s just alright

I’ve not had any problems other than loading times.

Pros

It does what it’s supposed to do. Nothing more and nothing less.

Cons

I don’t like that it’s web based. Maybe I’m wrong but it just feels like a port from the website. The loading times are atrocious.

Crystal from Bray and Oakley Insurance Agency

Honeybee Review

I feel that this has eased a burden on my employer for helping track time. I know that it is frustrating and time consuming on the bosses when an employees forgets to clock in.

Pros

Accessibility, ease of using the phone app. We have a lot of agents in the field, and that travel for work after hours. This program helps track their work time and helps alleviate our Workers Compensation concerns when they are not in the office. I am sure that most companies do not think about from that perspective.

Cons

The bugs in the software, when it freezes, or throws an error, which I understand sometimes is operator error.

RENEE from PRO-TECH PRODUCTS INC

Ease of use

Easy to Access and Use. Very Intuitive software

Pros

I do like the Ease of Access of the software

Cons

I don't like the Loading Time of the software

Naomi from Scott Cars, Inc.

Time Sheet

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the app lags however when this occurs I am always able to just login online.

Melissa from Pivot Staffing

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Pivot

good

Pros

It is very affordable and the customer support is very responsive.

Cons

A time clock option would be a good thing to have installed

Thomas from MSXI

Overall, Great!

Currently rolling out to the entire team, but it has made the vacation request & tracking extremely efficient as well as the time clock feature giving direct responsibility back to the employees.

Pros

Ease of adding employees, constantly adding updates and great customer support.

Cons

You can tell this tool is oriented towards smaller groups. For example, doing mass updates is not possible with vacation allowances or locations access. I had to manually modify the location for 67 employees 1 by 1. When mass updating it would be a god send to be able to input hire date and employee number instead of one by one later. While the knowledge section is a great starter, there is much left that's needed, specifically for managers , supervisors, and the account owners. There are several aspects that are missing from the tool, for example the absent function. When searching for it in the knowledge base, no results returned. How is it intended to be used?What can it be used for? Is there a way to set specific holidays? I'm not sure at this point still. I'd hate to have to add it for 130 agents, or even add 6 different accruement policies.

Cory from MSXI

Great Tracking!

We have been able to drastically reduce out absenteeism and tardiness, the employees are held accountable for their actions and can see it in one dashboard. Prior to this we did not have a time clock, and had tons of late employees as well as tardy employees. the point system for absences was a great way for the employees to realize the amount of call offs they made

Pros

The ease of seeing all reporting employees in one location

Cons

I had some issues when attempting to export the reports for payroll records

Zachary from Subway

Great Software

Pros

I like that I am able to setup multiple departments within a company but for many that would be different physical locations. Instead of that function I would like to see site functionality button. So I can setup different locations.

Cons

There is not much I do not like about the software. The worse part would be the breadcrumbs (the link clicking) do not always take you back to where you were.

Bryan from MSX

Honeybee

All-in-all I did like this tool. Unfortunately, the company I work for lost their contract, so they did not need to use honeybee anymore. I did enjoy it for the 8 months I used it.

Pros

Ease of implementing people's daily / weekly times.

Cons

I felt like I had to click through a lot of buttons to get where I needed to go to see my whole team's timecards. I also noticed on a couple occasions that a person's day would lock up to where I couldn't edit future days. This was addressed within 12 hours of less both times it happened, which was fantastic!

Holly from Naitonal Pride Equipment

Easy to Train - Easy to Use - Easy to Track

We have been very pleased with the experience and support.

Pros

We feel very fortunate that we found HoneybeeBase. It has made our time tracking so much easier. We have employees in the field and in house and it has brought all that tracking into 1 very functional and easy to use program.

Cons

I would like to have the ability to delete notifications individually without opening them. I only have the ability to delete all of them.

Chad from MSXI

Overall A Very Good ETC System

Overall, everyone we have interacted with has been great and at the very least has helped us come up with "work arounds" if the exact thing we were looking for isn't available yet. If we've had any questions or concerns, they have all been addressed right away!

Pros

It is relatively intuitive and simple to use for the average user. The company has been EXTREMELY helpful in setting our system up (~130 users) and working with us on understanding the finer details. Vacation scheduling is very nice, and so far seems to be working quite well for us.

Cons

It can be a little too much manual entry and set up for larger organizations (100+) as certain items may need to be altered on a per person method. However, we can see that once everything is set up properly, it will need very little ongoing maintenance.

Barbara from Harmony House Assisted Living

Time saving

I love that each supervisor doesn't have to keep track of all the time sheets in the building and email or fax them to the bookkeeper once every two weeks.

Pros

I love that there is an app that is available because I usually start work long before I step foot on the property so I can log in and not worry about forgetting to log in when I get there.

Cons

Sometimes it glitches or doesn't log me when I thought it did

Brian from Thomas Limo

Awesome tool

Very easy setup and any questions or concerns are addressed immediately

Pros

This is a great way to communicate in house with only certain people seeing it and acknowledging they Baden it

Cons

I don’t have any dislikes about the software

Helen from Sacramento City College

"Tracking my students at clinical"

We did a trial semester then a full semester and now are continuing to use the product.

Pros

I could easily get a message from my students when they arrived and left clinical. I could text back and forth with my group. I could follow their attendance. I could document if they were late.

Cons

My students forget to sign in or out. It needs an alarm clock reminder.

Ease of use and price.

JJ from Northern Ohio Lumber & Timber

Industry: Building Materials

honeybeeBase keeps track for me

Pros

Easy to use and keep track of multiple employees at multiple job sites.

Cons

Can not stay logged in on website without full username and password. Must use the app to input 4 digit login code.

Price, per user fee

James from Scott Chevrolet

Good product

Pros

Easy to use and check your times. Vacation time is easy to check.

Cons

Nothing really. Everything is good. If anything you should be able to stay signed in so you don't have to do it every day.

Honeybee- The simple and easy way to clock in employees

n/a that I know of

Pros

I love the ease of use and that everything is at your fingertips!

Cons

It is a little older and could have a cleaner UI and interface. Maybe a mobile application would be a nice feature too

Marcy from Alloway

Industry: Environmental Services

10/24/18 Environmental Laboratory Review

Customer service is outstanding. Honeybeebase worked with us to create a function for paid time off based on custom dates versus date of hire.

Pros

The ability to see real time employee Human Resource information, the ability to assign users to a specific supervisor, the ability to assign rights to users, user access to paid time off accruals and a web based time clock system. The software also provides a means to create quizzes and print certificates. The customer support team provides on-line training, answers questions promptly by email and helps populate users in the software.

Cons

Honeybeebase provide on-line training but as with any new software product it is a little difficult to find some of the functions.

Aamir from Western Michigan University

Ease of use and access to my information

I think all the people in our department are very satisfied with the program. I am only a user. The administrators may be able to say more.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It provides access, in detail, to all the information I need about my working hours, etc. It gives speedy access which I like a lot.

Cons

My use of this software is at a basic level but so far there is not much I would complain about.

Paul from F. Greek Development, Inc.

Easy to use but slow

Pros

Easy to use, good for tracking hours and vacation days.

Cons

It is slow. Once I submit the information I would like to immediately lock my phone but if I do that then it cancels the info sent.

Sherry from District Attorney

Easy to use. Good product!

Pros

The software is easy to use and I like having the ability to use the app on my phone.

Cons

Mobile app freezes up. Wish it would offer different print outs of time and a better format.

Ease of use and cost

Lisa from Garrett County Lighthouse Inc

honeybeeBase- Review

Good

Pros

Software is very easy to use for the employees

Cons

Would like to have better reporting to look at time off for employees or to use to track attendance

Inexpensive

Kristin from Eastern PA Conference UMC - West

Pros

The ease of use is excellent. It is straightforward and user friendly. The interaction of sending messages through the portal is nice, too.

Cons

Time off requests are sometimes difficult to navigate.

Marie from Msx international

Review of the Bee

Overall it's been great to use

Pros

It's simple to use and easy to keep track of your time

Cons

It lags a lot of the time when clocking in and out during the day for lunch.

Ray from Greek Development

I Love This App

Pros

What I like most about this software is its accessibility. It lets my team know where I am.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about this software.

Jason from Scott cars inc.

Easy

Has not let me down so far. Much easier to track punch times.

Pros

Easy to use software. Great weekly time recording with pto times. They make it even easier with their cell phone app that allows mobile punches in and out.

Cons

Nothing so far. Service and software has performed as promised.

Jason from Scott cars

Work Place Use.

Log in and out of work with ease that you don’t have to worry about hours getting lost.

Pros

It’s very easy to download log in and clock out of work without issues as long as you’re on WiFi.

Cons

Sometimes the app on the phone has issues staying connected to the WiFi.

kathlene from Generation Schools Network

Great Dev Side - Maybe Some UI improvements

Solid. Easy for my managers to communicate, easy for clocking in and out, the application itself is quick. 9/10 just a bit too dated on the HTML/CSS/ JS side.

Pros

Well, it works. Buttons go where you need them to. Clocking in and out is the main point and it's easy to do. I've never had any api call or server errors. Everything seems up to speed.

Cons

It's a bit of an eyesore. I like the idea of a top nav with icons, but I'm not always sure which one to click on. I don't think you should have to think about a nav bar. Also, there's a lot of extra stuff on my home dashboard that I just don't need. I just need the clock in/out / break section, and the number of hours ive worked that week. The notifications on the left usually aren't that useful to me, but I can see why they're there. Beyond that, I rarely scroll to the bottom. Also the icons throughout look extremely outdated. Maybe it's the combination with the color palette? Maybe white icons? I get the honeybee idea, but I'm not sure all of the icons need to be black or with such heavy line weights.

Christine from Greek Development

Great App!

Pros

What I like best about the software is the app that I can download onto my phone. I start my day out at properties and this lets my team know where I am.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the software.

Jennifer from Harmony House Assisted Living

Honeybee

As worked schedules required by state; Have had very good experience with this product.

Pros

Super easy to use and fix errors by employees.

Cons

Having to put the schedule in every week.

Reasons for Choosing honeybeeBase

Ease of use and cost effective.

Marissa from Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney's Office

Honeybee Review

Pros

I like the mobile app and the ability to use it anywhere not just at your computer.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app freezes and does not accept your logging in or out.

Jeannette from Greek Development

Non-Required

Pros

It will track vacation, sick and holiday time/hours

Cons

Should trust your employees and know that if their work is being done you don't need to track their time.

Stephanie from Insurance

Easy, Inexpensive, and just what we needed!

We were using call logs previously to track our employee hours, time off, etc. It was SO much work. Once we implemented Honeybee, it went SO much more smoothly. And the integration with QuickBooks is an added bonus!

Pros

I love the ease of use for the employees clocking in and out, sending notes to their supervisors, and overall time-tracking.

Cons

It took me just a little bit to figure out some of the in-depth settings, like locking it to a specific terminal, but with the help of their Customer Support, we got it figured out pretty quickly.

Regina from Kumon Math and Reading

My use of Honeybeebase

Great at calculating the hours of each employee which I had to do manually

Pros

The ability to check the hours of each employee and adjust the time if I felt it was not correct. The software eliminated the time each month to calculate the hours for each employee

Cons

It is difficult to make changes to a person's hours if they forgot to sign off

Ray from Greek Development

Honey Bee

Pros

What I like the most about this software is how easy it is to use.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Alexis from Scott Mazda

HoneyBee!

Pros

It’s a very simple and straight forward program and always works

Cons

It logs you off after not using it for several hours

Cain from Guardian Decon

Mobile time clock

Pros

Having a mobile time clock is very useful in our industry.

Cons

Some of the click throughs are not user friendly

Elizabeth from Early College of Arvada

New User- Some navigation difficulties

I have only been using this software for about a week and only use it to clock in and out of work. Overall my experience has been positive.

Pros

I like how easy it is to clock in and out of work using this software. The punch card page itself is great and easy to use

Cons

While keeping in mind, that I have only been using Honeybeebase for a little over a week I find it difficult to navigate. I have had some difficulty locating a record of my time clock and navigating back to the punch card page.

Derek from Garrett county light house

Great app

Good

Pros

Ease of use on a daily basis very useful

Cons

Sometimes it glitches and have to wait to clock in

Juxhens from MSXI

Super easy to use

Pros

The ease of submitting a vacation request.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't register when you clock out.

Colleen from Greek Development

Very User Friendly

Pros

I like how user friendly the software is.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software.

Linda from Garrett County Lighthouse

Working Time

Pros

I like the different options and how easy they are to use on looking back on your time card. I like being able to see if someone has went in and changed my hours.

Cons

That you have to have internet to be able to use it. If you dont have good service it can throw your time off.

Isaiah from BuildBlock ICFs

Budget Friendly Employee Time Management

For day to day use, the platform is fine. honeybeeBase meets our current needs and we've been happy with the customer support and overall price point.

Pros

The software is simple to use once you understand its application. For a simple time management tool, it is priced very well and works for our small office.

Cons

The design is relatively simple and navigating to where you need to be can take a few unnecessary steps.

Kate from Allscapes Ohio

Fantastic software that is accurate and easy to use.

The price, service, and actual product it great. Reports are neat and much easier to use than our last company we were using.

Pros

This software is extremely user-friendly. We have employees from all age ranges and everyone uses it daily with ease. The customer service is also phenomenal. Extremely fast with their responses to any questions we have. They provide hands-on training, and so much more. Can't recommend enough.