What are HotSchedules users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using HotSchedules software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like the ease of service, and the willingness to help from customer support. I have always used the software since I have been in the industry, and I appreciate the product consistency."
  • icon"This software is super user friendly. Easy to operate and allows you to communicate directly with your manager."
  • icon"App is not free but cheap and worth every single penny. I love that I can request days off and my ability."
  • icon"The most annoying thing about is the notifications. I think everyone gets all the notifications."
  • icon"The website and app are very slow to use. Creating the schedule can be a pain as the interface is very slow, and the app will load for several seconds between each page while navigating."
  • icon"The only downside to this software is the cost for the app."

Browse all HotSchedules Reviews

• Have you used HotSchedules and would like to share your experience with others?

Tina

Eldridge

Your Schedule On The Go!

Wonderful! I can easily access using the app from my phone a comprehensive view of todays roster and more! Helping me as a director plan a shift before I even get to work. Especially important to plan in my business because surprises arise frequently and daily. I can also easily request time off needed through the app, call, text, or even email my staff if needed to. Hot Schedules saves me and my company time, money, and helps our business to stay productive!

Pros

I really enjoy the convenience of being able to view your work schedule remotely and anywhere for that matter! Set up an email or a Gmail account and it's delivered right to your inbox! Gone are the days of having to call your employer or having to drive to your place of employment to view it on paper. "Your" time is valuable and let's be honest, none of us want to go to work on our days off for any reason!

Cons

I really and truthfully speaking have nothing negative to include with Hot Schedules. It's been a great software addition to our store and team! If someone did tell me that I had to pick out one feature that I don't care for, I guess it'd be the "How was your shift?" feature that pops up when logging on. That said, it's such a minor dislike and isn't really worth mentioning.

Reasons for choosing HotSchedules

A former operator of mine had implemented this software into his store about a year before we did ours. He gave me insights into how much his store had improved in production and in other time and money saving ways. After learning about it through him, I approached my superior and we then ended up making the much needed switch.

Reasons for switching to HotSchedules

For convenience and for increasing our labor productivity

Great tool to schedule your employees

Using for 7 years and if they would not keep changing the format I could say I love it. Anyhow it is great app for managers, easy quick access to employees list, phone numbers, emails and etc.

Pros

I'm doing schedules for my employees weekly and this app has few great features. Coping, modifying and automatically feeling schedules are only few of them.

Cons

Constantly changing the format. Right after I'm used to one they changing it again.

Reasons for switching to HotSchedules

Saving time and being able to give access to all of the employees. They can switch shifts online. I can make changes from home.

Darla

hotschedules review

It's got so many options - none exactly what I need - that it is almost too cumbersome. I would like more flexibility to create template shifts and place them on days as needed, with it being ok that some days there are blank shifts left over. Rather than now, when if I make a template and want a day to be scheduled lightly, it tells the staff there's a house shift open. The template feature is practically more work than just starting from scratch each week. I hate entering the times of a shift and having it immediately autocorrect to the last half hour. For example if I want a shift to start at 1:30PM and end at 10:30PM, I have to type 1:30, click off and it will change it to 1:00, click back on to get to 1:30, and repeat to get the end time to read 10:30 instead of 10, then repeat to get PM instead of AM. I'd also like to not have to redo the schedule report generator so that it's easier to read every week, for the printed schedule we keep in the shop. All those outlines, yikes! What I do like is the messaging/staff communication parts. Requests off are clear and easy, same with shift swapping. I like being able to create blackout days for no requests off, and I like that I can easily see who wants off when and when the RO was made.

Pros

Requests off, availability, blackout dates, staff communication sections. The app works great for everyone.

Cons

No ease of use when making the schedule - autocorrecting number entries constantly, schedule templates aren't what I need, schedule report is difficult to read.

Response from HotSchedules

Hi Darla! Thank you for reaching out and providing feedback for us. We're sorry you're having a hard time navigating the scheduling templates. These articles may be of use to you in better explaining the process of scheduling using custom and blank templates and auto-scheduling! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/215565977-HS-How-to-Use-the-Autoscheduler https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/218955327-HS-New-Scheduler-Generating-Templates- https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/222579107-HS-Templates-and-the-New-Scheduler If you are still having issues, please contact customer care for assistance! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/222476127-Contact-Us-Customer-Care-Support-

Heidi

Hotschedules is so easy to use

Pros

Hotschedules changed the restaurant industry when it came out. I have worked in the industry for over 10 years, so when this software came out. It really changed the industry. Before we would have to wait for a photo of our schedules and sometimes we would miss our shifts or getting our shifts covered was so difficult. When hotschedules came out , you never wondered when your shift was. You are reminded when you have a shift and if you need a shift covered you simply post it up. It is a secure way to have everyone feel accountable and be accountable for work.

Cons

The only thing I had a trouble with when I first started using hotschedules was understanding how to update my availability for work but once someone showed me its a no brainer.

The Software That Changed Scheduling

HotSchedules is so much more than just a mere scheduling software for companies. It is a way to empower your employees by giving them the ability to switch their shifts around in the event that something happens abruptly in life and you can’t help but miss a shift. It has eliminated the anxious feeling you get wondering if the person you asked to cover your shift is going to follow through or not by opening the shift up to all employees to pick up for themselves if it fits their schedules.

Pros

This software was game changing from the very first moment I used it in the restaurant industry. In the past, I had found myself in situations at work where I had thought I had another teammate’s spoken word that they would switch shifts with me and that would be enough to clear my name in the event that something went wrong and they didn’t end up showing up. Little did I know that would not be the case and I am going to be held responsible instead of getting into a petty battle of he/said she/said with my coworker. Enter HotSchedules, a software aimed at eliminating that prospect from happening in your workplace again. Not only does this software put the power of controlling your schedule if you have a last minute emergency, it also carries that message of the switching of shifts to the highest form of management. It’s an intuitive and life changing software that I wish every company would implement for its employees.

Cons

I honestly am trying to rack my brain for anything I felt was negative throughout my experience using HotSchedules and I can truthfully say that not once did this software let me down. People picked up shifts because they actually wanted the extra work and it eliminates the need to single out a coworker and put the pressure on them and opens the shift up for the possibility of any team member to pick it up.

Rachel

The Ease of Hotschedules

Overall has been a wonderful scheduling format for a large staff. It is used every day, regularly, by all staff members from executive to employee. Would recommend to any business owner, as it saves time with many different features provided.

Pros

The mobile app is very user friendly, with it being easy to navigate for all individuals that are tech savvy AND those who are not. The quick access of information, ability to contact employees, and daily use in operations allow for high volume and fast paced environments to continue to be productive without the day being hindered in time and productivity.

Cons

The updates on occasion can result in removal of features that can sometimes be very helpful after being regularly used. Would like to see a communication piece from Hotschedules asking about latest updates and whether they are well liked by users.

Ashley

Necessary for every shift based job

I find hotschedules completely essential to my job and I would probably try to implement it anywhere I worked.

Pros

I love hotschedules. I'd be lost without it. I use it daily. It's easy to see my schedule. I have an organized and easy way to find my coworkers contact info and can easily message them all at once. I can email my managers and change my availability. I can get my shift covered quickly and easily with proof in email that it was covered. I love it. I wouldn't know what to do if i worked somewhere that didn't use it.

Cons

I wish when changing your availability you could copy what you already have set and make a change instead of having to redo the whole thing.

Kristian

Industry: Restaurants

One of our most-utilized softwares by far!

Monitoring overtime, communication with staff, easily viewing requests, pay rates, daily line ups and staff logs are just a few day to day features that we utilize. HotSchedules is a must!

Pros

Online scheduling is a must for an operation of our size. The HotSchedules messaging makes communicating clearly to large groups of employees consistent. The reporting and data is a must. We use HotSchedules multiple times a day.

Cons

Some of the updates/when the software times out can get frustrating but I understand that they are necessary to make improvements.

Erik

Industry: Graphic Design

Hot schedules review

My overall experience has been very good. I always knew when I was working next and never missed work or was late to a shift because of it!

Pros

What I liked most about hot schedules is always being organized and being able to see my schedule ahead of time, eliminating the need to write it down or call/go in person to see when I was working next.

Cons

What I liked least is that not enough companies are using it! It’s a great platform, so I have nothing negative to say.

Reasons for switching to HotSchedules

Company decided to take things all the way online, helped reduce paper waste and effectively increase employee organization.

Anna

Great website

Pros

This has been the easiest program I have ever used for scheduling. It makes it so easy to view the whole shift!

Cons

I have not experienced any problems! It runs smoothly, and it is easy to navigate!

Shift Swap Simple

Overall, every restaurant should seriously look into an app like HotSchedules. It saves time and stress on all, avoiding hand written notes that get lost.

Pros

Hotschedules was introduced to the restaurant a few years ago, and it saved so much stress! Employees were able to switch shifts, request time off, and view schedules so easily!!

Cons

The only con is user error or awaiting on a manager to accept the requests that are sent in. If they are not in the office, they cannot see the requests to accept or deny resulting in the employee calling to confirm the action requested.

Carisa

General Manager and partner

It is very difficult to get responses from customer support. It will take a day and up to 3 to hear anything back and that is in several different support groups. Also, the fact that you get shuffled from one type of support to another is quite frustrating. When you start you have 1 person that owns the majority of the experience.She was great! But once you get passed on to customer support it feels like you are lost. I also have an issue with the scheduling functionality. It is impossible to view an entire day of a schedule either in the schedule or the template. There used to be a button at the top of the schedule that allowed you to see the entire day, who was scheduled in each station, all at a glance. The new functionality makes it incredibly difficult to manage the level of staff on a shift.

Pros

The logbook feature, the advanced floor maps (which are an additional cost..), and the messaging feature.

Cons

Again the scheduling software is not very user friendly. Clearly there were some adjustments made that helped with writing a schedule, but not being able to view it as easily is frustrating.

Response from HotSchedules

Hey Carisa! Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the frustration you've been experiencing with our product and customer support services. Here is an article to an overview of the new scheduler that might be helpful. https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/218408118-HS-New-Scheduler-Overview Please reach out if you are continuing to experience difficulty with the software.

Greg

Industry: Restaurants

This software is easy to use and a great way to communicate.

The largest benefit was time management. I have a lot more time to do other things that improve our guest's experience, which is the bottom line of my job.

Pros

The communication side of it is great. I have less meetings now that I can send out mass messages. The scheduler itself is top notch. I can move shifts around quickly using the quick keys and copying schedules is a snap. Having the freedom to do my schedule anywhere and being able to approve or deny schedule changes from my phone makes those decisions more informed. We use it to document all incidents good and bad on employees, so when an evaluation comes around you have all that information at your fingertips. It makes a great reservation scheduler. The roster report is the first thing I print out in the mornings to make sure everyone is here and where they are supposed to be and if they are not I have all the phone numbers on that sheet. The fact that it gives you the number of hours for everyone helps with creating budgets for the week.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that part of the expense for the is put on the employee. I know it's very little but some employees don't have a bank account or credit card and have trouble making the purchase. It seems to me that the revenue generated by that could be built into the cost of the software on the employer side.

Eric

Restaurant Must have

As a former manager at a Texas Roadhouse, I was familiar with this software, and eager to bring it to my new venture. It immediately eliminated the use of paper schedules, and the chaos of employees switching shifts without making management aware. This increased both labor costs, and morale.

Pros

It’s easy to use, built for high volume restaurants. I took a restaurant that was still relying on paper, emailed schedules, and converted them to Bot Schedules. This eliminated issues of shift coverage changes, where we expected one employee, but another showed up, and all the associated communication issues.

Cons

It was much more difficult to order and install that I previously remember. Customer service in the sales department was definitely lacking just a touch. Once we got the ball rolling it was fine, but the initial sale was a bit rocky to start.

Reasons for choosing HotSchedules

Again, I used it heavily while working for the Texas Roadhouse franchise. I was familiar with the product, and knew it was necessary in the restaurant business.

Familiarity, and organization.

paulina

Much better then paper schedule

Very positive experience. Made my schedule less chaotic and gives me options to control my work days and days off much better without having to deal with manger directly lol

Pros

Having a restaurant job means cheotic schedule. It's never the same. Impossible to keep up with and memorize. My last job had hot schedules but my new job doesn't:/ it's a nightmare without it. I miss it so much. It is so convenient to pick up and realise shifts whenever I please. No need to call or txt my co workers. Everything is done thru the app. App is not free but cheap and worth every single penny. I love that I can request days off and my ability. Super convenient. You have to wait for manager to approve or not of your request. I can see who my co workers will be for the shift. I can see all phone numbers and emails of my co workers. Every restaurant should have this app. It's very easy as well so even my 70 year old co worker knows how to use it. Very well done .

Cons

Sometimes I get loged out and have trouble logging back in. It froze few times. Could use more color and some fun options like emoji me lol make work schedule more fun

Garret

Good Scheduler

Overall its very good. I don't have much issue with it, but the UI could be definitely be better.

Pros

Hotschedules won our business by having the best Aloha POS integration of all the companies we spoke with. Employees that are added to our system are automatically synced with Hotschedules so you can quickly begin adding them to the schedule. The integration also allows us to restrict employees from clocking in too early or late with saves labor and allows you to quickly identify the less punctual employees. Finally, the integration also pulls historical sales data from our POS and uses it to establish a good sales forecast that you can use to budget your labor accurately.

Cons

The app and website are just not as intuitive and streamline as I would like. Previously we had used PeopleMatter schedule, which had a much less cluttered and more user friendly interface. Hotschedules also starts to think it knows how to schedule better than the manager and will start adding "House Shifts" to your schedule that employees can pick up, which frustrates me when I really don't need that shift covered.

diandra

Great scheduling ap

One of the best scheduling websites I've ever seen or used.

Pros

As a user, I love how easy this product is. You can view your schedule, see who else is working, and swap and release shifts without an issue. It has an easy to use web browser, and mobile ap (although you do pay for it) so you can use hotschedules whichever way you prefer. It also has a great messaging system which allows you to message entire groups of people at once (management, kitchen, servers). It also tells you how many people are ahead of you on a wait list for a shift you picked up. The autopick up function is excellent as well for when you need to get a shift and non are available.

Cons

I am not a fan of the most recent update. Prior, you would be able to "see all schedule" and see the entire week, alphabetically, where everyone was working etc. Now however, you can't see the weekly schedule at once and you need to click day by day. This can be challenging when trying to swap shifts with other staff, or see others schedules.

Anthony

Hotschedules Implimentation

I recently signed up for hotschedules for my business that opens up in March. The support staff was great and very knowledgable in questions I had for hotschedules.

Pros

I love that this software is more comman than it use to be. Most employees hired have heard or used hotschedules which makes the transition alot easier. Communication threw hotschedules makes this program a must for any business that has a decent sized staff

Cons

Software is great however it is a little pricey for what it does. Dont get me wrong its great but just a hair high

Response from HotSchedules

Anthony, We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. We appreciate your role in our community. If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests Happy Scheduling!

Jessica

Hotschedules Is Perfect For The Hospitality Industry

This has helped manage overtime before it even happens. While scheduling employees, the software calculates the hours and gives you a warning for any person that is going into or approaching overtime. This has saved us money and helped better allocate time. Hotschedules is a game changer for the hospitality industry.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly. I love that my staff is able to put all of their availability changes, requests for time off and switch shifts through the software. It makes it extremely easy to create the schedule each week. Tracking of overtime is a huge help as a manager as well. This is a must have tool for anyone in the hospitality industry. It will save your scheduling sanity!

Cons

The only downside to this software is the cost for the app. While it is minimal and you can still log in for free through any web browser, a free app would be ideal for the hourly employees. I honestly have no other bad things to say about this software. I highly recommend it!

Joseph

One of the owners for Sedona Taphouse

I liked the old version better where you could click the roster button while writing a schedule and see a snap shot of that day. Everyone I know can not figure out why you got rid of that. Also I have been asking for years that you make it where we can set a max amount of request per day. Like 3 request off on monday, 4 on tuesday, 2 on sunday etc... so if I could allow 2 request off on sunday. When the 3rd person went to request off it would give them a pop up that would need to be approved by a manager.

Pros

Reporting and ease to swap shift

Cons

No way to set request off parameters by the day. Schedule writing is harder with the new version

Response from HotSchedules

Joseph, Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback, we really appreciate it! We apologize for the less than exceptional ease of use with our new interface. We value any and all feedback to better improve our products-we have a community request page where you can submit your thoughts and insights directly to our Customer Support team. Thanks for being a part of our community! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests

Sean

Great for scheduling staff in the restaurant industry

I used this app to schedule a full restaurant staff including FOH BOH and Managers. This tool is incredible useful and negates the need to figure out scheduling most weeks. All employees can submit their availability and I can schedule them badsed off of this availability without thinking to check because it bars me from scheudling people outside of their approved availability. No more scheduling issues!

Pros

Intuitive User interface Easy to add new users Great scheduling utility incredible for contacting staff on a large scale Has a mobile app that users can use

Cons

The mobile app costs money so most of my staff refuses to download this app which sends them push notifications in the event I need to contact them all. I believe that since we are already paying to use the software this app should be free to download. Without a login the application is useless so the fact you need to pay to download the app is very ridiculous.

Jess

Extremely helpful!

I would highly recommend. It is easy to set up and is user friendly for all ages. Since it helps with scheduling, dropping shifts and picking up shifts, our Managers are able to focus more of their time on other aspects of the business.

Pros

The ability to save a template for a weekly schedule. At our job we put a schedule out on a weekly basis and we don't have to start from scratch every week. It used to take use 5 hours to do the schedule and now it takes us 1 hour. A huge lifesaver!

Cons

The look of the software feels a tad outdate. Though that is not a huge deal, it tends to have unnecessary pop-ups or "menu" buttons. However, not enough of a con to ever have me consider using a different product.

N/A.

Reasons for switching to HotSchedules

It was too labor intensive and due to it being so difficult, only a handful of people could complete the schedule weekly.

Francis

Ocean Blue Review

We use a few of your products, HotShedules, LogBook, Inventory. All of them make our job easier and more affective. There is a lot of room to grow with the Inventory product. Hopefully we will see improvements in the future. Still, very pleased with all the products.

Pros

IOS Compatibilty, cloud based.

Cons

Reporting can be cumbersome at times. Not all functions work well on Safari Browser.

Response from HotSchedules

Francis, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we really appreciate it! We value any and all feedback for our products to influence updates in the future. We have a community request forum where you can voice your ideas and insights directly to a Customer Care specialist. Thanks again! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests

Edward

Hot for HotSchedules

Pros

Hot schedules makes scheduling different departments and coordinating everybody extremely easy. The platforms are easy to understand and can be accessed by anyone given authority to use the system.

Cons

The system allows for people to request for time off and to make comments. One of the only downsides of this product was that employees talked last to management about scheduling and tried to do literally all of it through hot schedules which sometimes lead to some conflict Over all hot schedules is a solid platform that is definitely beneficial to a smooth running operation as far as scheduling and management communication goes

4.36/5 out of 414 reviews