HRPartner is really good
Value for Money
- I was looking for software that will help us track paid time off (leave) and I found software that can help us with dozens of other HR needs that I didn't realize we needed including recruitment (job postings, integration with Glassdoor, etc.), employee documentation, sick day tracking, org charts, onboarding/termination checklists, online employee requests, pay scale tracking, position and location tracking, and much more.
- The customer service has been absolutely fantastic. Seriously fantastic. They have representatives around the world that can help companies in any time zone. We are in the Eastern (USA) time zone and I have had help from Australia early in the morning and Alaska later in the day. Responses always come in a few seconds.
- They are open and very quick to fulfill feature requests. I don't know if I just have good ideas, or if HRPartner is just one of the most effective development teams I have seen in years, but I have requested half a dozen changes and every single one has been added except one. The last one was a timeclock module, and they have said that they are building one that should be rolled out in the next few weeks. Based on their track record, I have no doubt it will be added.
- I can tell that the HRPartner team is not huge. I have chatted directly with the CEO. But in this case, that seems like a good thing. It makes them very nimble and able to provide great service and to meet my needs quickly.
- The software/website is fairly new which means that many features are coming soon.
- Some nice-to-have features are still pending.
- There are limited integrations: only one payroll integration (Xero) and only one recruiting integration (Glassdoor)