• Pros

• "I like that it offers a variety of features that are easy to use and train on. We use it everyday. Our team loves it"

• "The features they offer help you to sort out things so very clearly, and my business is based on organization so I love it's organizational features most."

• "The software is user friendly and most of my clients are finding it easy to use and besides that it helps them have total control of their business without compromising reliability"

• Cons

• "It seems old and run down with its color scheme and layout. Also would love for training videos to be created for easier training g"

• "Need some guide for a user who don't have any IT knowledge. But If you are already in IT field it's not a problem."

• "There is much to learn and I there is a bit of a learning curve when getting started. It takes a while to get set up but once it is done things flow easily."

Browse IceHrm Reviews

Dymont Mangwengwe from THE HOBS GROUP SOUTH AFRICA

I am loving it

Pros

Cons

Like all other software's you need to learn how to use it, not too much of a Hassle thought, you will need to focus on the goals not the challenge

Meagan from SystemizeMe & Associates

My overall experience with Ice HRM has been AMAZING!

It's basically HR outlined for you to make life easier especially for me as a Sole Proprietor, running everything alone.

Pros

Cons

I gave Customer Support 3 stars because I have never had to use it, so I can't give an honest rating on it. For that reason, I would consider it my least favorite feature because it's the only one I don't have to use.

Deborah from DM Transcription & Billing Services

Icehrm is a comprehensive suite of tools that has replaced the way I manage attendance & HR duties.

Cost-effective and comprehensive utility and tools.

Pros

Ice hrm has allowed our office to reduce clutter and paperwork of manageing employees, monitoring attendance, and implementing training. It is a terrific value for everything it provides. The time tracking alone is worth the recommendation on it's own.

Cons

Very little customer support from what I have found. More training materials should be provided, especially for the initial setup. Some features, such as clocked in status does not work (online version).

Joseph from JMH ENTERTAINMENT

Very easy to use

Cameron from IEW

IceHRM is a great value for the money.

Pros

Price and ease of tweaking some settings. We rolled this out to 20 employees and within a year had 45 employees in it.

Cons

It takes a bit to understand how the whole IceHRM works. Can take a bit of time to find a setting and such.

Jorge from Hova IT

Good platform yo extend functionality

For me the major benefit is the opensource license to extend the functionality to fit my needs. There are some functionalities that doesn't fit to our needs and we have extended the funtionality to cover that needs.

Pros

Its opensource model. Each country has its own laws and rules and using an opensource software let you personalize it to your local needs.

Cons

Poor documentation about the API and the development environment. Some functionalities are not completely defined.

Response from Gamonoid

Replied June 2018

Thank you for the review. We are keep adding new features and if you think there is a nice to have feature that could generally benefit all the users, you may submit it via https://github.com/gamonoid/icehrm. Also we try to provide better support for open source users while giving more priority to IceHrm Pro and SaaS users

Júlio from PushStart

Industry: Computer Games

Review on IceHrm

The application does seems to be a greate HR platform, but it may not be focused on your local needs.

Pros

The application feels solid, and has a modern look, which is rare in this kind of software. It has a lot of features, with many available settings

Cons

The software is complex, setting it up for our specific needs was much harder than we expected (we are under Brazilian work laws). The website does say it has support for Brazil (as a long list of other countries), but we couldn't find any resource on that.

Domonique from Step Above Home Care LLC

Easy to start, Cost efficient for start ups, Easy to use

Pros

It was exactly what it said it was!!! I was able to get a free software system that wasn't the bare minimum just because it was free. Perfect for what we needed to use it for.

Cons

I believe that the new entrepreneurs are always on the go. Having a software system that also can be accessed in a phone app would be really cool!! That was in between wearing the many hats we wear we can easily click on the app and do things like enter patient information, etc.

Alvin from Einstein Pros

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

IceHRM is an integral part of our startup company, It has given us a way to handle all our HR needs.

Free to start, and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use, and can be customized in a way to fit your company's goals. Good Dashboard and full features that is very beneficial.

Cons

Time tracking cannot track way beyond 1 day, not good for 24 /7 shifting operations as the timekeeping can't record midnight to morning shifts.

May 2016

Summer from Safetyman International Ltd

May 2016

Almost perfect for my company

Having reviewed and installed several HRM systems on the company server for evaluation and testing it was easy to see the Ice is one of the very best systems on the market today, my only issue is the missing module that is exclusive for the hosted version which should be available in the pro version. I will for now use the software but if a similar version is found with the ability to save CV and post jobs I know where my company will be heading too, which will be a great shame.

Response from Gamonoid

Replied May 2016

We have plans to start making icehrm enterprise (hosted) edition available as a self hosted solution. We will let you know if we decided to move in that direction.

Henry from Information Technology and Services

IceHRM was easy to use, setup, and deploy. It allowed us to easily manage all facets of our business

Pros

The excellent design of the software and UI/UX which seemed very premium for an open source product. The many options available for use within the product were also a plus.

Cons

The lack of a windows based version would be the only downside as our organization runs a Microsoft stack, however the Linux version was easy to use as well.

Andrew from Francis Farm

IceHRM has streamlined my Human Resources workflow and definitely reduced hiring and onboarding time

Pros

Functionality Ease of Use Simple Design and Workflow Tracking time & applicants is a breeze Onboarding is quick and easy

Cons

Could be a little less literal Can be "clunky" in terms of looks Needs To Be Modernized Condense sections instead of so many options in different places

Nasir from Computer & Network Security

Its an Amazing serivce to Utilize and a Great way to Use.

Many

Pros

Its User Inter face and User Expirience is an Amazing Service by You Guys and the Web looks Preety./

Cons

Its Backend works are tooo hard to Understand and Dont have something Unique and Its really Hard for me to read its backend.

Debendra from Centre for Youth and Social Development

This is one of the best HR Software in the market today.

Its helping us for completely automating the HR process of our company.

Pros

Very easy to configure, easy to use and extremely good customer support. The user friendly Interface can be easy understandable by any one in the office.

Cons

Mobile app is a must for any applications.Icehrm dont have a mobile app and its the only negative feedback about the software. They should work on it and should come out with a mobile app very soon.

Kamlesh from GC Technologies

Perfect for small business who could have dreamt of complete HR system

Previous year we were trying codes to develop something similar in open source, since I found this I abandoned the project since it meets 85-90% of our scope

Pros

Cloud based , easy accessible , steps for setup and further customisation allowed- all adds to ease of work for administrator, trainer and HR Manager

Cons

GUI - focus should be made so that appearance of dashboard be intriguing to allow the new generation of users to create interest.

Selemba from MRH Advocates

The best

Pros

Great user friendly interfaces and direct user navigation system that is easy to navigate

Cons

its functionalities and features and the user capacity

Nuzair from Barakath Tex

HR Department

This is my first time using

Pros

I want to manage all my employees avtivities

Cons

Open source software is better to use our organization

ISHARA from Mercy Corps

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great tool for managing team members and workflow

I save a time getting a real time payroll, that reflect my country tax calculation method and process.

Pros

Payroll integration, that can be personalized at own needs. Easy way to add an employee and to attribute him a managing rol.

Cons

The dificulty to export a better excel file compiled. I can not see the leave request of some of my team members for approval

David from Everest Refrigeration

Easy to navigate

Pros

The Employee Management module has a lot of features that any company will find suits their needs for a free HRMS.

Cons

The Opensource version limitation relating to Employee History and Audit Trail. Would really like to see this feature shift over to Opensource.

Awesome

Pros

It's got almost all high level features of transactional modules in Human Resources. Fully customizable

Cons

Some more modules on the developmental side like learning and development modules, this could be a valuable addition to your next version.

Phirabhu from Fidele Specialities Pvt Ltd

Industry: Textiles

Good product for Small Business HRM Needs

Pros

Has good number of options and can be customized. Detail of the Employee can be stored and retrieved easily.

Cons

The user inter face can be more reactive. Has no option for attendance keeping and payroll based on the Department/Location level.

Rimzan from RetailGenius.com

Need to improve some features.

Leaves updates, calendar, reports. Overall attendance.

Pros

Leave updates, and reports. The facilities which provided in ICEHrm is really helpful to use and it's user friendly.

Cons

Some features are not required. Need to improve on some areas. If the user dates can be connected to google calendar it will be more easier.

Kalyan from OPTOBIZZ SOFTWARE Private Limited

Overall good experience with ICEHRM but there are definitely moments when we felt there could be wow

1. Quick and easy basic set-up 2. No need to maintain employee records on lose excel files anymore 3. Easy for employees to login and take care of their basic needs - Check Holidays, Leaves, Manage project times, allocations, etc.

Pros

1. Extremely low learning curve 2. No major set-up time 3. Easy to use 4. Some pretty strong and versatile features 5. Seems to have a good community support which we did not need to use thus far. 6. System is reliable and mostly up, never seen a downtime during our use.

Cons

Some features are not that easy to use eg. 1. Payroll, 2. Reports 3. Leave submission and approval, etc. 4. Settings up Admin hierarchy, etc.

Achala from Idea Group Limited

Average product in HR category

Pros

All the components are available. Such as salary, leave etc. Audit and log is very useful features.

Cons

Main interface function list is very long. Interfaces are not user friendly.

David from ASCC

This is an excellent software to manage HR and keep up with teams on projects.

This software has many great and helpful features.

Pros

This software is top of the line and seems to have it all. There are many great features.I am new to the HR world and there are things here that really helped me out.

Cons

Response from Gamonoid

Replied March 2018

Hi David, Thank you for the wonderful review. We keep improving our documentation which will make it easier for users to get used to all available features of icehrm quickly

We was looking for a easy to use HRM tool, we just start to use iceHRM, all works well up to now.

We use it mainly for managing employees timesheet so we can have a centralised interface to see it at glance.

Pros

We very appreciate the simple GUI and UX (User Experience). After few minutes of exploring the software the first time you can easily start populating your data, add employee and start sending account to them.

Cons

Maybe the main tab could be reviewed because some features are under some tabs and it is not so simple to remember how they are unless to scroll down all menu and find it.

Wasn't exactly what we were looking for but an interesting starter kit

Price point was a major factor in even considering IceHRM

Pros

It appeared user friendly and easy to use and the price. The pricing is good as far as employee cost. Most HCMs charges a substantial amount of money to manage employees and run payroll.

Cons

The limitations and not fully understanding what all can be done. I think the Software is still under developed compared to other Software in the industry. However with some time maybe the development team will make it more automated in certain task.

Anthony from Miro Forestry Developments Limited

Industry: Farming

Limited as the functionality is not adaptable for the regions we operate.

Limited benefits as we now do everything offline in Dropbox using excel based tools.

Pros

It's ease of use and online access. It's well structured so everything is easy to complete and find.

Cons

It's not adaptable in terms of the payroll processing and reporting. In regions like Sierra Leone and Ghana, we have specific requirements which cannot be designed on the system easily.

Darika from CodeGen International (Pvt) Ltd

All in one HRM

Used this software while ago. It was quite good all the functions was there at the moment. Literally you can do anything regarding HR management.

Pros

All the modules for HRM are included. Salary, Leave, Attendance and etc. Admin log is very useful. If anything goes wrong admin can find it from admin log. Approves are also available.

PRATIK from Thorat Tech

Good software to use

Tracking and managing the attendance and leaves for every employee is a headache for me especially when I am traveling and by using icehrm I able to overcome those two things.

Pros

All the functionality we get for very minimal pricing. Setting up the whole software takes not more than an hour and very easy to use.

Cons

Look is not compare to other hrm systems and can be improved a lot. Also many things are which are not needed can be hide from the dashboard.

Anton from Microelectronics Center ITB

I have enjoy using IceHRM even of using its free account.

Save million times after using this software, very simple and useful

Pros

All the basic features are awesome, including attendee, payroll and user management. All of features are fantastic and most helped

Cons

Need a tax calculator for comfortable tax calculation, need a refreshen user interface (e.g. theme switcher and gallery). So user can theming their interface. Please add external backup to cloud (google drive, dropbox, etc)

Daryl from Global Credit Solutions AG

December 2015

Good HR management system with good responsive support.

Full featured HR management system with good leave approval functionality. We use it mainly as a leave approval system for our company. Very happy with the functionality and the support we have received. Very happy that new versions are rolled out regularly with new features and improved functionality.

Grey from Hcsa

Good software for the money

Pros

Ease of use , very user friendly. I liked how easy it was to navigate between functions. Out of all the software I tried, if I ever decided to switch, I would use this.

Cons

No real cons that I can think of. The software was very well laid out, easy to use and had all the functionality you need. Maybe, offer a feee version for small to start up business

Allison from GetMyLand Pvt Ltd

The HR product with best Leave Management System

I've been looking for a way to manage our company employee leaves online and IceHrm was the best and most cost effective product I found. IceHrm leave management include all the features I needed to run my company leave management effectively

Christopher from Southern Maine Information Center

Excellent and very improvements

Pros

Making sure that my employees are effective. It helps by explaining how to clock employees in and keep track of how many hours they are using

Cons

sometimes it takes slow to load had to refresh 2 times to get where i need to go. couldn't use the invoice tab without having to upgrade

Montakim from ACE Advisory

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great software with many features

Pros

ICE HRM is easy to setup and has wide range of features which most other softwares do not have. The modules integrate well with each other.

Cons

The GUI could be better. Some aspects are clunky and the color combination can be improved greatly. A lighter color theme is suggested.

Chaleb from Pommells IT Consulting

I love the software ease of use could be better though

The ability to have an open source and free HRM

Pros

The UI and the functionality are pretty good I like how everything is on the first page when you sign in.

Cons

The ease of use could be better wish you could customize the dashboard more with only stuff you want so as not to junk up the dash

Immanuel from Response Kings

Good for what we need it for

An simple leave management solution.

Pros

We got iceHRM as we needed a simple leave management system. It's cheap, easy to use and gets the job done.

Cons

looks and feels dated, support takes forever to reply. Setting-up can take quite some time and notifications could be improved.

Vysakh from DevOpSpace

Its good

Pros

Its easy and has a lot of features. User interface is also good for easy navigation and finding out where is what.

Cons

Havent experienced anything bad so far. Maybe would need to add some more additional features which are worth for an organization.

Easy setup and great system

Made on boarding a breeze and half

Pros

A pro definitely would have to be the easy of use and the setup really guys you did great work

Cons

Support could use some help as in having employees who know what they are doing and know the product they are suporting.

Jamie from Five Star Claims Adjusting

Very Easy and manageable.

Pros

Easy to understand and navigate. Really like the ease of use! best program that i have used to far!!

Cons

Nothing so far! So happy that i found this program! The only thing i could possibly think of would be ease of reports.

Andy from AIS

Good HRM solution

Pros

Ease of use, cost and accessibility make this a great solution to consider for a small to medium size business.

Cons

With any of these types of solution there is obviously a period of time for getting the HR staff upskilled.

Jeff from Wintesting.com

Using Icehrm was a great experience, a quick and up to the requirements.

Lots of learning

Pros

A quick solution to your need, I registered and got the cloud solution in hands in few mins, definitely no issues to get it worked for your company in minutes.

Cons

Nothing much found annoying, most of the features are as per HRM requirements, I would suggest them to make it good looking for customers attraction.

Prasad from Rvim

It's nice product to use

Pros

Ease to understand when I started app there were some instructions and notification guided me for basic use.

Cons

Little improvement is needed stil advance features can reduces effort of users and should be careful about privacy

its a good clean precise system. needs more functionalities though

Pros

iceHRM has an easy to use and understand user interface. the user experience offered is also not that difficult to navigate

Cons

iceHRM lacks customization options such as time off policy and it needs to have an applicant tracking system as well.

Very good - easy to use

Pros

colours and the layout - easy to use. Lot of different sections to decide from and link with your emloyees

Cons

nothing - I thought it was a good system