• Pros

• "Great customer service, easy to use, amazing price. "

• "I liked most that it was simple to use and understand. It loaded quickly and allowed me to see how many hours I worked and kept track of the hours I missed."

• "I love that this is so easy to use and we are not wasting paper by writing out our timeclock. Plus you can add multiple users and keep track. Love it! "

• Cons

• "There are times the site goes down. But luckily, the employees can manually enter their hours and I can approve them. "

• "The only con that I have crossed so far is the reporting functionality. I'd like to be able to drill down into it, and do comparisons, and just simple data analytics. "

• "The only thing that I find as a con is the limited selection of avatars available to employees. And that is not much of a con"

Browse IDEAblox Reviews

Jennifer from A Dental Office

Clean and simple!

Pros

Perfect for our size of business and much easier than keeping track on paper. Very easy to sign in and immediately clock in. It's also easy to alter hours if a mistake was made. All employees have adapted quickly!

Cons

Customer service has been great to assist with any questions we had on how to set up and get started!

Response from IDEAblox

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the nice feedback. Jack

Courtney from Gibbs Graphics LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Ins & Outs of Web-Based Time Clocks

Meets our very basic time tracking needs. The software user interface could use some polish

Pros

The Ins: As the HR coordinator & Payroll Admin for a small owner/operated business I really like the simplicity of the system AND the price. It was easy set up & get our team using the software. I appreciate that our front desk tablet can be used by employees to clock in/clock out; as well as all of the other things we use the table for (Square, etc). Unlike "When I Work" which requires a dedicated device for time clock.

Cons

The Outs: I wish this were an app, rather than a URL website. I'd really like my employees to be able clock in/clock out from their mobile phones, as they work off-site regularly. Secondly, looking at current time cards is messy, there is no mid-day or break/lunch - rather multiple lines of time in/time out for the same work day. Here is where I am vague (and I apologize for that): the system seems clunky and almost too basic. It doesn't allow (easily at least) for employees to clock in for a specific job function or role.

The price.

Reasons for Switching to IDEAblox

Because their time clock function required a dedicated terminal. Just not practical for a company our size.

Clunky Interface That Fails at What it's Built For

What should be a super easy process of recording time daily is made tedious and frustrating by this software that seems to still be operating in the 1990's rather than 2019.

Pros

Simplicity - it's essentially plug and play.

Cons

This software is incredibly basic, but not in terms of ease. If you clock in using one browser and for any reason have to move to another browser or use your phone, the data doesn't translate and your time gets skewed. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether or not you can use a personal sign in or be forced to sign in as the company first, creating a ton of work for whatever department controls the account (the account must access the software on the machine being used to sign in before the user can access their own personal sign-in). Time is easily editable if you make a mistake, but users cannot be assigned their own editing privileges - each adjustment must be approved by a supervisor or account owner.

Shawna from The Sharie Withers Agency

Exactly what we were looking for!

Time issues. It saves me time and some of my employees are not able to steal company time as easily as before since there is no reason for them not to clock in at the different locations as well as some other things.

Pros

I like the price and the fact that both my locations can use it and I don't have to travel to both locations to get the time. I can see exactly who is clocked in and at what time. I can work on their time and time off from my desk throughout the month not just on payday so it doesn't take make it an all day affair.

Cons

Their are a few kinks still to work out like the titles of my Holiday Sick and PTO etc when I download the time to the spreadsheet but I make do.

Reasons for Switching to IDEAblox

Convivence and web based but just not any computer based.

Buddy from Moonlite Swim Co.

I would never used a wall Time Clock again.

Making payroll is some easy. I can get last weeks timecard reports is less than a minute. I love the fact that I can give the employee a report of their complete last year times and show them just how many times they were late for work. This is a good report​ to show when they ask for a raise.​

Pros

No Timecards needed, no ink needed, no time clock that breaks down needed. No need to transfer time card information into a database​. Able to get a history report of any employee for any time period. Able to make changes on employee times. We need this because sometimes the employee will start or finish there day at a different location other than the shop. The employee​ is able to look up their​ total weekly hours anytime they are logged​ on. Converts time from hours and minutes to hourly decimal​ number. I never had to train anyone how to use the system except how to log on.

Cons

Does not work when the Internet goes downs. This happens​ about 2 or 3 times a year. But we can correct​ their times after it comes back on.

Reasons for Choosing IDEAblox

I found Ideablox on google because of my timeclock of 2 years broke down and timeclocks are not cheap. If you add up all your expense of using a timeclock Ideablox is really less expensive.

Lisa from Flenniken Public Library

Easy to use!

We have had several good results from using IDEAblox. First, employees are more punctual. They realize on their own that they are a few minutes late. Therefore, they are generally reliable to correct the issue without the director bringing it to their attention. Secondly, it requires less time to process the payroll, allowing our time to be put to better use than just checking other's math skills!

Pros

We like that it tracks in real time but still allows an employee to make changes. Since the administrator must approve the change, it is still a reliable original source. The price makes it very affordable for small non-profits on tight budgets.

Cons

I am also responsible for Human Resources and have not had any complaints about it's ease of use or problems with any functionality.

Reasons for Switching to IDEAblox

Some (former) employees were fudging their time.

AARON from Arizona State Accounting Services, LLC

Saves me more than it costs me

Before IDEAblox, my employees were giving me paper time sheets. The times they clocked in/out were always round numbers (3:00, 8:30, etc...) and I know that wasn't the actual time. They would also not fill out their timesheets daily and would "remember" their time and fill it in when it was time to turn them in. I know that I was overpaying in wages due to these two things. Now they clock in when they start working and clock out when they leave and there is no question as to when that is. I save WAY more than the monthly fee just by their timesheets being accurate.

Pros

It is really easy to clock in and out.

Cons

Only one computer can be used to clock in and clock out.

Great

Very good!

Pros

Easy to use and to figure out. Found out how to do everything on my own because it was so user friendly.

Cons

I do wish it had a picture login option, but this would usually be implemented with a tablet. I had previously used a clock in app at a previous company where you checked in and it would take a photo of you when you checked in so no one could fudge or lie about their hours. Wish this software had it, but we use it on our desktop PCs and they don't have cameras so it's not really a big deal.

Low Cost Software

Pros

The software is excellent for keeping payroll time. It is a low cost software that does the job. It's ease of use is great for any employee.

Cons

Sometimes the reports are hard to figure out how to obtain. I still haven't been able to find an easy way to print some of the reports I need.

Chris from Zenith Aviation, Inc.

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

IDEAblox review

I helped implement this in my company alongside the controller, and it worked very well for us.

Pros

What I like most about this review is its relative simplicity. Using this software to transition from paper and pencil to an online payclock was very easy to set up.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about this software. Any problems I had while starting initial setup were answered by customer service.

Deanna from Canyon Oral & Facial Surgery

Ideablox Rocks

Pros

Ideablox is user friendly and has many options. I love that it tracks time off and that there are different options for the type of time off that is requested. You can also personalize it to meet your specific needs. It is an accurate way of tracking time and you can access it from any computer if you choose to do so, or you can make it only accesible to certain IP addresses.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet that I do not like.

Reasons for Choosing IDEAblox

OMS Vision didn't give me all of the options I needed.

Reasons for Switching to IDEAblox

Because old fashion time cards suck! They always get lost and were just a hassle.

Melissa from GreenHouse Clothing, LLC

Easy to use, great for the cost

We had an issue with our point of sale software's built in time clock function. There is a limited number of instances of the software that can be used at one time...this posed an issue for us with our business layout and different department structures. Having an online option solved our issues immediately.

Pros

Ease of use, cost is very manageable. Each employee managing their own clock-ins with the ability to have a memo feature if there are any issues or they forgot to clock in our out is very nice. They used to have to manually tell management for a fix, and that wasn't efficient at all.

Cons

It would be nice to have report options on "inactive" employees.

Shaunak from Happydesk

Very Nice Product!!

I am happy with timezone facility, in-out and report facility. Though there is issue with multiple clock in at same time which calculates wrong time difference, but it can be negotiable! It calculates time perfectly and give perfect reports for that! Very nice product!

Pros

Perfect time calculation and reports.

Cons

There is nothing except I have written in advice section.

Rubi from Hodes Vision Optometry

no more headaches

I absolutely love this software. I no longer have to calculate and take a long period of time trying to figure out the times that were not added, or staff complaining about co workers taking longer for their breaks. all over its a win -win. I absolutely tell all my colleagues about it.

Pros

I could round off time and my staff is more likely to be in the office on time. I no longer have my staff take office time for their personal time.

Cons

I don't have any cons currently. i feel the system is awesome!

Dennis from Transnational Foods

Serves its purpose

I know that we use this system to track working hours in another location, so it probably works well for them. On my end however it seems like an overly complicated system used to perform a very simple task. If there were any way to smooth out the process of asking for time off it would earn a better rating.

Pros

I use this software to request time off. I was able to do so within a reasonable amount of time.

Cons

I accidentally submitted my requests twice but this was only because the system did not redirect me to a new page or show any sort of obvious confirmation that I had already submitted my request. Therefore I doubted myself and proceeded and to submit again, and I was unable to retract my repeated request afterward. It's also somewhat tedious having to use two different logins to get into my account - first its the general login and then access to my profile in particular. It's not the simplest thing to do only because you have to remember login information to gain access, and not everyone pays enough attention to those sort of details.

Ashley from Advanced Dental

Daily Employee Timecards

IDEAblox has been excellent for all of our team members to easily utilize and track their hours worked.

Pros

I love how easy it is to clock in and out from a computer or mobile device. Its easy to monitor and keep track of my hours for week, vacation time and access previous pay period.

Cons

Some times it seems that the time clock is delayed. I realize this may be related to the computer the program is being used on.

Shawn from LifeStart

Worth Every Penny

I am loving how I can update my personal education through the course software, create workouts and programs for all my clients, and work all from a computer at home

Pros

Easy to use, simple features, and makes connecting with my clients easy

Cons

I have a lot of trouble finding the right videos/photos that I need to use for my fitness clients. Besides that some of the articles are a bit basic and offer no real information about health

Victoria from Coyote Clay and Color

Good Small business time clock solution

Pros

The system is easy to use and can be accessed from any computer with internet. This makes it easy for small business to have a simple way of accurately keeping time cards. The comment section is also very useful if you miss a clock in/out or have two different hourly rates in the same clock in.

Cons

You can access the site without having it be secure (https).

Shon from R Chiro LLC

Excellent for the cost point

Ideablox has been great, easy to use, great customer service. I have only had to use the service one time myself, and it was easy, quickly answered my questions. Great service!!

Pros

This is a great software for small business purposes, when you just need a way to get your employees to clock in and out. It is incredibly straightforward and easy to use. Just simply excellent!

Reasons for Choosing IDEAblox

We selected this product over the others for ease of use and price point. It gives us exactly what we need, and you can work in the interface with ease!

Crystal from Top Insurance

WOW!! What a great way to save time and money!!!!

This program is with the time and perfect for small business users.

Pros

Cons

There is anything that we do not like about this!

Paper or IDEAblox. We went with IDEAblox

Colsum from American Recycling

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Employee Time Clock Made Easy!

My overall experience with IDEAblox has been wonderful! The website is very simple and easy to understand and if there is something that you don't know the staff is always willing to help. Also, if you are wanting to add a feature they would be delighted to do it. IDEAblox is the best website I used within 25 years and I recommend it for all businesses.

Pros

Everything included in the website.

Cons

Maybe creating an IDEAblox App.

Charlie from Flushing Valley Golf Club

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Ideablox Review

Pros

Clock in/out function is straight forward. Everything is fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

I like how it calculates the time worked into a decimal number (ex. 7:35 hrs = 7.58), but it only does that for the total hours of an employee. I would like it if it gives the decimal number for each day's hours.

Omar from WS Bath Collections

Industry: Wholesale

IDEAblox

Our experience with IDEAblox has been great. It’s easy for everyone to use and understand. It has enabled us to enforce our attendance policies with ease.

Pros

Ease of use, Inexpensive, Very functional

Cons

Sometimes difficult to navigate. Unable to delete time off after approval when an employee decides to cancel time off request.

Lisa from Treasured Stone Investments Ltd

ONLINE TIMECLOCK SOFTWARE

Because we can now track employees times (arrivals, tardiness, absences) for multiple locations over one software - this solves a HUGH problem for us. Now we can focus on growing the business!

Pros

That is was available online meant I did not have to purchase hardware. It also means ALL employees in ALL countries can sign in to the timeclock.

Cons

Lack of instructions and/or tutorials. Had to play around or figure it out yourself. Support is available - it is just not immediate.

Eijah from Bowie Dental Wellness, LLC

Good for the Price

Pros

I can see my employees' hours all in one place from anywhere. I can delegate the task of reporting payroll hours to an employee.

Cons

I don't like that once an employee has been terminated, I have to reactivate them in order to view their hours and days worked.

Anneke from Nguyen Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Use With Ease

Pros

I enjoy just being able to just "punch in and out" with ease. There is no real complications to this. It is very user friendly. All companies should use this format to keep track of payroll time

Cons

At the moment, there aren't any cons to list.

Cynthia from CR Partners Insurnace

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Very Helpful & Perfect for the office

Pros

Very easy to work with and be able to see the details in front of you. This helped my boss out tremendously when it came time to write my paycheck, and add up my hours.

Cons

It was a little confusing at first trying to see how many hours total I worked that week because it removed Monday from the week before. That I called customer service and they were super helpful and helped me to figure it out.

Steve from Synergy Learning Systems

Great Value and Amazing Customer Service

I'm blown away by the level of customer service! When I inquired about certain features that weren't yet available, I was able to speak with someone on the phone to make sure they understood what I was looking for. And in no time, the features I requested became available. The only reason I rated ease of use and features and functionality 4 instead of 5 is that I would like the report section to have a shortcut button for "this pay period".

Pros

Great customer service, easy to use, amazing price.

Ann from Layh & Associates, Inc.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Exactly what we needed

When we (finally) transitioned away from paper time cards, we tried a few different online time card apps over the course of the 6 month transition. IDEAblox ended up being everyone's favorite to use and was by far the most affordable option for us.

Pros

The cost was a big selling point for us, but it's also super easy for staff to clock in and out, payroll reports are easy for HR to use, and it's a super simple, user friendly design. Overall, it is exactly what we need for a fraction of the cost of other time card apps.

Cons

We honestly can't say anything negative about this app.

Jessie from The Nguyen Law Firm, PLC

Industry: Law Practice

IDEAblox Review

Overall, I liked that I was able to keep track of my time and that both me and my administrator could look at the same thing versus having to rely on someone else to keep track of my time.

Pros

Cons

Overall have a good experience with it and don't have any cons.

Elissa from Paramount Properties

Great Program

I enjoy having the ease that employees can clock in and out on their desk tops. previously we were on paper time sheets, what a hassle! I also love that they can see and verify there clock in/ Clock outs to send in payroll.

Pros

I like that is really user friendly, you don't need a lot of or hardly any training to be able to use or have employees.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like about his software.

Christian from State Farm

Ease of use is amazing!

Pros

The ease of use is awesome, from logging in to submitting time off requests and leaving comments, maintaining accurate time has never been so easy.

Cons

Not being able to upload our own pictures for avatr

Cydne from Marketing and Advertising

Pros

It’s easy to clock in and out. I work remote so it makes it easy for me to track time and get my time cards to my employer

Cons

Honestly it works great. I don’t have any complaints.

Ashley from Advanced Dental

Easy Time Record

Easy to clock and and out from multiple office locations, easy to check my hours and add vacation time.

Pros

Super easy to use on computer or phone.

Cons

I can't seem to save my username and password to my phone.

Michael from Sunset Ridge Exteriors

Great Program

Overall a solid low maintenance program that is very easy to use at a great price

Pros

Great program for tracking employees and running payroll for the price

Cons

Nothing worked as advertised. Cloud based

Ashley from OrthoIdaho

Over all for the size of practice it is a great option for keeping hours

Pros

I like that we can access our time cards easily and print them out. It is also nice that we can request hours and time off

Cons

I would like to see some sort of integration where you can see a calendar with other employees time off to schedule appropriately.

Christian from State Farm

Great way to manage time on the clock

Pros

So user friendly so easy to clock in clock out time adjustments everything is straightforward for employees and for management

Cons

Response from IDEAblox

Replied February 2018

Thanks Christian, you're right, we'll add more avatars. They also look a bit outdated. Thanks for the suggestion! Jack

Melissa from Paramount Properties

Great System

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and that I am able to keep track of the employees taking lunch on time.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this time.

eudoro from Capitol Optometry

Yoyo

Pros

Ease of use is outstanding. Making a change in clock in or out time is very easy.

Cons

I don't having dislikes or negative views of this product.

Price from Computax

Great Product!

Very easy to use and maintain.

Pros

Ease of use! Adding and deleting users is very easy.

Cons

Nothing, everything works well! Never had a problem with setup.

Nathan from Precision Eye Care

Employee review

I think it is a great and easy way to clock in a manage my hours. I would like to set up a way to have it emailed to me personally at the end of each pay period. Also I do not like my employer choosing a round up or down option. If I clock in at 8:31 I am clocking in at 8:35 and therefore lose 4 minutes. But overall I think it is great and easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to look back on hours and add notes to specific clock in times.

Cons

The ability for the employer to round up or down, creating a potential for the employee to lose time (minutes) If clocked in 1 minute late.

Chris from Synergy Learning Systems

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The most low stress employee hour tracking experience I've had

I vastly prefer this software to using manual timesheets. It was a little awkward to get set up (there's an organization, which itself has a password, and then you have a password/username of your own, or something?) but once I did, this has been the most painless way of tracking hours of my 3 jobs. The others I track with an hours tracking app and then transfer those hours to timesheets or invoices manually. I think it would be cool to have an app version as well, so you could clock in and out on the go. As for the software itself, it would also be cool to have a calendar function so you can visualize when pay periods are (not just have them listed.)

Pros

It's ease of use.

Cons

Just one more piece of software to remember. Also, it doesn't do mileage tracking.

Response from IDEAblox

Replied February 2017

Hi Chris, thanks for the positive review! We appreciate it and will keep making it better.

Cynthia from Total Nurses Network

Great Tool for timekeeping

Healthcare Staffing Company

Pros

Able to have all staff use software. Able to adjust categories

Cons

Does not have an App for phones

Brenda from Hodes vision optometry

The best !

It’s a great system. Very ideal for any business.

Pros

No more manual clock ins. Way better.

Cons

That it rounds off to the nearest 5 minutes.

Daniel from FGMC

Ideabox does everything we need it to...

I have nothing but positive things to say about your software. It has been a breeze to use and made timekeeping a much simpler process in our office.

Pros

It is very simple to train on and effective in getting time from our employees

Cons

I wish that is integrated into our payroll system but other than that it is great

Yiliam from Super Sonic of Florida

clock in

Pros

easy to use and you can have record of your hrs

Cons

I can keep control of my hrs, and have control for 2 weeks

Gregory from Sun Coast Packaging

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Pros

Use daily and am happy with menu, options and ease of use

Cons

Nothing. It could have a few more options

Leslie from Remarkable Affairs Catering

Big Time Saver!

Very please with this software it has been a huge time saver! The software is very user friendly and as for the customer support they have also been very helpful anytime I have needed assistance. I'm glad I found Ideablox- I have been a client since 2016, it has been the prefect time-clock system for my small business.

Response from IDEAblox

Replied March 2017

Hi Leslie, thanks for the positive review! We appreciate it.

Gannon from Vineyard Church of Lafayette

An honest review

This is a great product. One of the best on the market in its’ price point.

Pros

I can regulate the access our employees have to their own hours. I like that I can allow them to make changes to their hours with my approval.

Reasons for Choosing IDEAblox

Cost and features. Ease of use was another selling point for us.

Jessica from Figueroa Orthodontics

Easy Peasy!

Pros

I love that I can access our data from anywhere and how easy it was to set-up. We certainly don't use all of the functions it includes but for what we need it works well!

Cons

Customer service was hard to get a hold of when first inquiring.

Price