All Indeed Reviews

Sheila

Consumer Services, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

Indeed Review: Indeed Worked for Us!

Jeff

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Great candidate search tool!

Indeed has been amazing at saving me time in sorting through potential candidates and the functionality has allowed me to be very specific in searching for candidate skill sets.

PROS

My experience has been that I’m able to find a deep and varied talent pool from which to seek candidates. I suspect some of this is due to the name recognition and broad use.

CONS

Although not my own experience, I’ve heard other users complain that the free version has limited access to details.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

I used both platforms for a bit of time but it wasn’t long before I used Indeed exclusively. Honestly, the strength and tenure of new hires that I sourced from Indeed told the story....better candidates, better hires, better business decision!!

Ankit

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Synonymous with excellence in Human Talent Recruiting...!!!

A significant problem arises when applicants do not complete their resumes on Indeed and submit a partial resume for a job. Ease of use is evident when looking at potential candidates for open positions. Be very clear about the quality of resumes based on those sent through Indeed. It makes my work life very simple.

PROS

In addition, the filter questions and interview functions of mobile phones and smartphones save a lot of time, effort, and effort. I used to waste candidate time and schedule the telephonic interview to do what Indeed now routinely does for me. Although it is the best application in terms of recruiting and UI, it is amicable and easy to integrate. We have integrated it with our company software and imported and exported the candidate contacts files directly.

CONS

I don't like being optional for candidates to list their positions. Sometimes we get applications from candidates who passed the evaluation but ended up not being local. I also want candidates to verify their phone number, as some candidates add an inactive number to the question making it difficult to contact them. Apart from that, it is mind-blowing application.

Reason for choosing Indeed

After comparing with other alternatives, we matched various pros and cons and their pricing too. In the end, we needed a tool to work over technical profiles mainly, and so we finally picked Indeed due to its good reviews.

Reviewed October 2018

Paid Version is Pointless

In general, the free version is useful and should be an automatic posting option for any Recruiting/Talent Acquisition department if it isn't already cross-posted by your ATS automatically. In a free version, you can excuse how bad the software is, which is pretty bad. However, their freemium aggregate model of scraping jobs from thousands of other sites and making their website a one-stop shop for job searchers made them the #1 job posting site quickly. But the dirty little secret is that this model isn't sustainable, and like Monster and Amazon, their first goal was to grow their user base, and then try to force paid versions onto their user base. However, unlike Monster, their product is only good because it was unique and free. There are tons of other sites that now use the aggregate scraping model and are much better programs. In addition, Google-for-Jobs has pretty much made Indeed obsolete by offering the same ability, but using the vast superior searchability of Google with an already existing Millennial user-base. The software is better, and it already syncs with google search. Regarding the paid version of Indeed, it just isn't worth it unless you recruit in large cities, you may need to use the paid version in order to not be buried quickly in their ads, but even then, the effectiveness is debatable when you can update the ad or repost it every few days. Even in larger cities, I haven't seen any quantifiable benefit of using the paid version.

PROS

As an aggregate job posting site, it is a must have for any recruiting department to use on a daily basis. The free hosting feature is automatically done on most ATS programs. Because they scrape from so many websites, job postings with them will reach even tough markets like Physicians, whereas Careerbuilder, Zip, Monster, etc. do NOT reach these.

CONS

Google-for-Jobs has made Indeed all but obsolete. Their "paid" version is pointless compared to the free version. We have tested several times and have seen hardly any, if any, quantifiable difference for the huge cost, regardless of what the sales team says. Their resume database is horrible in search function and results, although, useful in that you can pay per resume pull. They are aesthetically the Craigslist of job search websites. The site is ugly (relative), hard to become a power user on (like Linkedin), and is only successful because of their Freemium aggregate model.

Dezeray

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Indeed Review

PROS

That it is another option for applying for jobs and seeing different postings/ different pool.

CONS

It seemed to only offer a specific category of jobs rather than a broad category based off my experience.

Tasha

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Indeed is great for everyone! Anyone seeking or offering new opportunities should use Indeed

I have had all fabulous experiences and good fortunes as a result of what indeed provides and offers to the communities! There is a positive benefit if not more than just one for each and every person and business out there! I encourage everyone to give Indeed a Go, you won't be disappointed in the slightest!

PROS

I love every single feature that I have ever used, or experienced on Indeed! The skills assessments and scoring that they provide are amazing! The option to share the results and/or view them is very convenient! The amount of communication they give about your profile and interactions with the companies or individuals is impressive, not to mention the help they offer to anyone and everyone!

CONS

There is nothing even slightly missing, wrong, or needing improvements when it comes to Indeed!

Reason for choosing Indeed

I heard good reviews from others, and thought I would trust their judgement! I am so glad I did!

Reasons for switching to Indeed

I wasn't satisfied, let alone getting benefits that I needed from it.

Misty

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Indeed is a good concept but needs modifications.

My overall experience was okay while hiring a few new hires. The setup and overall process for setup, posting, and tracking potential candidates was easy and indeed does have lots of advise and articles to assist.

PROS

My favorite features of Indeed for the hiring process are the skills test, communication, and applicant tracking. When posting for a new hire I was able to easily set requirements and add the questions either suggested or the custom one I created which helped to streamline the process.

CONS

The resume database is too easily accessed, anyone can create a free trial or paid account and there are no steps to prove you are legit and not a scammer. This hurts the overall process. It has caused a lot of mistrust in the community and allowed scammers to pretend to be our business we were made aware of this and someone was "interviewed" via the signal chat app. The scammers had told this person that they found their resume on Indeed.

Reason for choosing Indeed

I also used LinkedIn to post a job and Indeed, but if I were to do it all over again I would use Indeed because of the features it provides like the skills test that LinkedIn did not offer.

Julia

Food Production, 10,000+ employees

Very helpful software

I use the app the most for job searching and job posting since the variety of jobs and users.

PROS

Variety of job postings and reviews from employees as well

CONS

The software doesn't tell how many applicants and also it doesn't update constantly

Reasons for switching to Indeed

More jobs available and possibility to check the current number of applicants

Janelle

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Indeed is

I enjoy using Indeed. It's easy to find qualified candidates, schedule interviews, and track candidates. In the past, we've had the embarrassment of scheduling an interview with someone we interviewed in years past but didn't remember them. With the tracking in Indeed, that won't happen again!

PROS

Indeed is easy to use and very user-friendly. I was able to catch on immediately. It's also very easy to search for resumes that best match my job description. The overwhelming majority of the resumes that were given to me by Indeed were awesome candidates. I've had great success hiring both white-collar and blue-collar positions.

CONS

You have a certain amount of time to approve or deny a candidate before you are charged for them. We're given 72 hours from the time the candidate applies. I do with this time was a little longer, or that we would get more time if the expiration happens over the weekend.

Reason for choosing Indeed

Indeed served many more qualified candidates.

Marco

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

Indeed works!

I’m happy with it. Gives me a chance to meet with potential hires. It’s one of the most respected in its field these days.

PROS

I always receive quite a few responses and applicants. Always plenty to pick from and they’re always spot on.

CONS

It seems like some of the applicants had some - but not all of the qualifications needed for the job. A lot to pick from but more quantity and not as much quality.

Reason for choosing Indeed

Wanted to try something other than Craigslist. Wanted to have a larger pool to select from. And it worked.

Bradley

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2023

Great product with easy user interface and features.

Indeed has provided us a great service with helping find the right candidate for the position we are looking to fill.

PROS

The product is very easy to use and makes finding the right candidate simple.

CONS

The process of searching through resumes could be simplified.

Reason for choosing Indeed

The cost savings with Indeed and the ease of use.

German

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Indeed, the main candidate source

We have been using indeed to gather candidates for the past 3+ years and we have had amazing results, we have experienced immense growth using the tools the indeed provides and have been able to painting our growth for the past 3 years.

PROS

The amount of prospective candidate is higher than any other source, and the response time for posted ads is immediate. Candidates are aligned to the requirement of the postings, and are actively looking for jobs, and updating their information often.

CONS

I don't see many cons, the only one I could mention is the steep price, it is way higher than any other provider, but it also provides the best results.

Reason for choosing Indeed

The numbers showed that Indeed would be the most reliable option to maintain a good influx of candidates.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

We were not getting the response we were expecting.

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2019

Whether finding candidates or job opportunities, this is the place.

I've used Indeed to post jobs and to find jobs. It's been successful for both, is easy to use, and makes posting and applying convenient and less time consuming.

PROS

For most employers, Indeed is the fist place a job opportunity gets posted. It's free and very widely used. So, whether you're searching for a job or for candidates, this is the one place where everyone comes together to make the most comprehensive list of both candidates and job postings. The free platform is great, but there are paid services with prices to fit even the smallest budget.

CONS

I'm scratching my head on this one. With all its free features, there really isn't a reason not to use Indeed. I think the appearance could be improved by changing the font and font sizes to be more modern and consistently sized. Company reviews would be more meaningful if they could be segregated into locations or divisions of a company. For example, if I'm applying for a job in accounting or posting an opening for the CFO position, and all the reviews are from warehouse employees complaining about heat and excess overtime, the company's review score isn't very meaningful. Or, if I'm applying for a job in New York, and the reviews are all from employees in California, that isn't meaningful. I have to search through individual reviews to find those that are relevant to me.

Reason for choosing Indeed

Indeed is the most widely used. Anyone posting or searching for a job on LinkedIn, is also posting or searching on Indeed. It's the most comprehensive source for employers and candidates.

Ashley

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Indeed for Childcare Employers

Overall our experience has been pleasing. We have just had a hard time with this job market finding candidates wanting the positions.

PROS

I like that the software is simple to use/set up. The customer service is excellent and walks you through how to use the best title, keywords, and how to budget to get it on multiple platforms.

CONS

I feel frustrated that some candidates can keep applying to ads we post even though they never follow through and we've noted that they have ghosted us. I wish there was a way to fully block them from applying and wasting our time.

Reason for choosing Indeed

Ziprecruiter was more expensive than Indeed.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

Facebook for our page was difficult with the page being linked to one staff person's personal account.

Mashudu Hilary

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2022

I prefer it over other job search applications.

I have mostly used Indeed as a job seeker and to be honest, It helped me a lot every step of the way. The process of looking for a job is no longer the waking nightmare it used to be. I highly recommend Indeed for both employers and employment seekers as it has a lot of features no matter which side one is using it on.

PROS

I love how indeed provides a great opportunity for finding jobs. Searching for jobs has never been easier. The user interface is really friendly and the landing page shows recently posted jobs so that one can apply early. Its really easy to share job openings with friends on other social medial platforms through links. Its really nice that I can either upload and apply with an already typed resume which I upload from another source or create one using the software. The software sends alerts which help in reminding me of new jobs. The software is also great because I can chat with recruiters and they can do the same by contacting me through the app. Job seekers are shown the clear job description, location, requirements and remuneration so that they know exactly what they are going for. The search bar in the software is highly useful as I can search and filter jobs and narrow down to exactly what I am looking for. My most recent searches are kept and I can always revisit them . These recent searches are always updated and highlight wherever there is a new opportunity. Its really easy to add certificates and or licenses to go with the resume. In the event that one spends a lot of time without logging into the software, nothing is missed as updates and reminders can be sent straight to your Gmail.

CONS

I have not come across a lot of disadvantages while using Indeed however I have noticed how formats for indeed resumes are limited.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

Indeed is much more simpler and easier to use, especially for job seekers without much experience.

Jillian

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Indeed

Overall, indeed has bred successful for me in my job hunt. I was able to apply for 20-50 jobs daily for 2 weeks nonstop with all the new jobs that were becoming available everyday. The setup was very quick and easy, uploading resumes and documents was simple, navigating the site as well as your account was easy as well. I would like to suggest an option to help build a resume that is professional rather than just having to you your own. Some people may not have a resume created yet or some may not be tech savvy and capable of creating their own resume. This may already be an option, but it’s just not professional enough. All In all, indeed is the top software to use for job hunting and I believe 9 out of 10 people are successful at finding a job using indeed.

PROS

Indeed is constantly updated daily with new available jobs. It will let you know the most recent jobs added, jobs you’ve viewed and applied for. Indeed will also share with you available jobs that are similar to the ones you’ve already applied for.

CONS

Some available jobs you apply for will have you redirected to the company website where you must sign up and create an account before you can apply and this can be very time consuming when you are putting in 100’s of applications daily.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

Zip recruiter was sending me too many emails that were not matching my needs. I also felt as though the job options were not legit. The jobs offered were not local and unrealistic and did not match my resume. I decided to try indeed and navigated the site myself.

Gavin

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2020

The Easiest Way to Hire EVER

Overall, my experience has been extremely positive with Indeed. My company and I receive nearly double the amount of applicants when we post a job on Indeed compared to a local company. The online portal is very helpful in the hiring process as it allows all candidates to be accessed in one place and can be easily managed. I love Indeed and will continue using it for all of my hiring needs.

PROS

Posting a job is incredibly easy on Indeed, but the real value of the software comes from the online portal. With the ability to quickly identify qualified candidates, send them a relevant assessment, and then contact them directly on the platform, it's the best hiring tool I have ever used. We've hired our last 5 employees from Indeed.

CONS

A few things could be improved, including the following: being able to download Resumes from Word Documents as PDFs instead of .docx. This would make it a lot faster to print and send to others, without having to open Word and convert to PDF. Additionally, I think that the Messages UI could be improved to be more intuitive. Sometimes it's confusing to quickly glance and see who sent what message.

Reason for choosing Indeed

Indeed had a more welcoming interface, and I had been given strong recommendations by friends and colleagues about how great it was.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

I made the switch from a local company, KSL, to Indeed because I was tired of not getting enough candidates from a job listing. Indeed exceeded my expectations.

Debra

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

Indeed Helps find the Perfect Job

Indeed has sent me jobs to look into that matches my resume and position objective criteria. Indeed has a plethora of employers looking for employees in just about every career field you can imagine. The experience I've had with Indeed has been always a pleasant one and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a job or looking for a great employee.

PROS

Indeed is easy to use and upload your resume to. Love how it's so easy to use and then when there's a match to your resume they will notify you. Indeed has helped many people find the right job. I have done resumes for people that ask my opinion for best site to look for work. I always recommend Indeed.

CONS

Sometimes a site will want both resume and the application and can be a bit time consuming to fix the format and like that. But wouldn't go to any other job site still.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

Indeed is so much faster and convenient. Seems they have far more jobs and careers to offer as well. Just the ease and the fast feedback and recommendations of jobs from them is top notch.

Pablo