Jobvite

Jobvite Reviews

• icon"I like that when a someone applies it is highlighted, I like the fact that I can invite candidates to apply , Very easy to use."
  • icon"This product has good interface. It's best suited for small to mid-sized companies looking for a simple, off the shelf product."
  • icon"It focuses on the applicants’ and is extremely user friendly. It saved me weeks of time because the social network integration."
  • icon"A lot of the templates that are in the program have so many spelling errors, grammatical errors."
  • icon"Sometimes the layout on the back end can be confusing."
  • icon"Additionally, the implementation model is a challenge, as there is no single person accountable to keeping the project on track."

Browse all Jobvite Reviews

• Have you used Jobvite and would like to share your experience with others?

Bill

Jobvite does the things a Talent Attraction Pro needs...without a lot of fuss

I have used all major Applicant Tracking and Applicant RM systems. Jobvite is the cleanest of what might be termed the "minimalist" systems. It gets the job done without a lot of fuss. Very user-centric and intuitive, ramp-time is fairly short. Some of the bells (Campaigns, email "slams" etc.) have a steep learning curve; this is problematic for me since I am working specialist positions rather than commodity positions.

Pros

There are three elements with Jobvite that are just the best: 1. Each landing page is clean and consistent. Any TA Pro knows that every implementation of a system like Jobvite is modified to meet the needs of the client. I've used Jobvite at two companies and while there were the expected differences, the overall look, feel and function was essential the same, module to module. 2. Jobvite has done a great job of integrating the Engage side with the rest of the functionality. One of my personal metrics for ATSs is "can I get from Point A to Point B in four or fewer mouse clicks." Jobvite has done themselves proud in meeting a metric they likely didn't know existed. 3. Jobvite has sufficient points for adding significant information about a candidate as the candidate moves through the selection process. This is important for many reasons and most TA Pros know what they are.

Cons

There is one issue that drives me up a wall with Jobvite and it is pervasive throughout the application. Data and information that should be passed to 1. other common applications or 2. stay with the applicant as the applicant is moved within Jobvite to other requisitions (and this is a hyper-common occurrence) JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN. Two examples: 1. Jobvite makes it very easy to send a quick note to a potential candidate from within a requisition. Problem--that note doesn't get passed to the primary email client AND if the candidate tries to reply, the reply does not go directly to the primary email client. Drives me up a wall. 2. In my organization, we have very close control over visa sponsorship. If I reject a candidate for requiring visa sponsorship and note that fact in the NOTE function, that is not married to the candidate's record. Having this functionality would save Talent Attraction team time.

Christopher

Excellent Product and Service

Overall, Jobvite is a great ATS that integrates with all of our HR and Accounting tools. The customer service and response rate is on par.

Pros

Jobvite offers several options for customizing the dashboard and workflows, and the customer service is great.

Cons

nothing stands out as of yet. It would be nice to have a list of available free API's

Reasons for choosing Jobvite

Seemed like there was more value for the money and JobVite seems to put most of their focus on branding and applicant tracking.

Reasons for switching to Jobvite

Jobvite offers customizeable reporting and has a much broader list of job aggregates.

Paola

Industry: Mental Health Care

I am loyal to Jobvite!

I love Jobvite! I was introduced to it at my company prior to Behavior Frontiers, and upon my inception at Behavior Frontiers I suggested Jobvite. The owners of the company loved it so we launched it. It has made the hiring process more streamlined, and easier for our team. I love it so much that we are now looking into the on-boarding piece, which I feel, will make it easier for our HR Team and it will be a better candidate experience.

Pros

Everything is housed in one place. Everyone on the team can get access to the information they need. Hiring managers do not need to depend on the recruiter. Pulling reports is super simple. Customer service is always great. Easy application process for candidate. Easy hiring process for hiring team.

Cons

I wish there were more reports available with graphs and pivot tables that are less confusing when you download them on excel.

WorkMarket and ADP Mobile Solutions

BambooHR

Reasons for switching to Jobvite

BambooHR was a system I didn't really like, at least the system we had was outdated and overwhelming.

Response from Jobvite

Paola, Thank you so much for being a Jobvite customer!!! We really appreciate you.

Replied October 2019

Ale

September 2022

Pretty great tracker

Pros

I used this when i was in recruiting and it was a great app for tracking candidates and sourcing good resumes amongst 100s coming in every day. It had the ability to send a rejection message when appropriate but could not (at the time and maybe this has changed since) send one at a suggested future date which was our practice especially because we couldnt reject as soon as the resume came in (ex:if the resume is blatantly not of our requirements and in our niche world it was easy for that to be the case). That was the only major area for improvement. Other than that it did a good job in tracking candidates and making our recruiting lives easy!

Cons

It used to not be able to let you send a rejection note at a future date but maybe that has changed now?

Elijah

Jobvite is failing

Ask me this 5 years ago and I used to actually be a customer referral for them. I would rave about their easy to use system and it's ability to create a bought in hiring manager. You could share jobs direct to LinkedIn, you could track candidates well, and you could train a person in a day or two max. Now... They've acquired businesses and products that they charge for but that don't work. They turnover their account manager and customer success teams every 6 months. They are becoming dishonest and have zero accountability. They focus on selling versus providing a service. And in my most recent experience, they failed to notify me of our Account Manager leaving and that our customer success manager was away dealing with a VERY VERY VERY sensitive matter. Because they failed to notify me, I reached out to him about an issue lasting over 6 weeks. He was audibly distraught and wasn't supposed to be working. I mean I could hear they stress and sadness in his voice it was heartbreaking. It only laid more understanding for why employees are leaving this company. It's sad and unfortunately I've lost all respect for this company.

Pros

I liked the ease of use, the ease of training new hires to use the system, and the automatic job sharing. I used to like much more but we will get to that in later comments

Cons

The new features never work and will only cause problems. The customer service is arguably the worst I've experienced in my career. The prices increase with no increase in service. The company is in a steady decline as they only focus on acquiring new businesses and not creating a functional system.

Faiz

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

New Age ATS!

Overall a good ATS with user-friendly UI, helps in getting better understandig in recruitment.

Pros

Jobvite nowadays has become a popular ATS when it comes to Recruitment or Applicant Tracking to Employee Database. Jobvite provides All In One tool from Recruitement to Sourcing to Tracking.

Cons

As an ATS it can do a better job at Applicant Tracking. The pool is good but need regular updation in order to make it useful.

As a Trial

Stephanie

User Friendly

Overall my experience is great, I like that Jobvite is easy to use and you can pretty much jump in and start using it and figuring things out without worrying about "messing" anything up. Recruiters and sourcers alike will find that it does not slow down the process and if the company switched to Jobvite they would not be unhappy.

Pros

The pros for Jobvite is that is customizable and really easy to use. You don't need very much training and it links to your social platforms so sending automated announcements is easy!

Cons

Cons about the software are that it can be slow at times and there is not a texting feature YET.

Reasons for switching to Jobvite

I believe it was for cost, however Jobvite is easier to use that iCIMS but very similar, if you have used iCIMS you can use Jobvite.

Review about UI of Jobvite

It is easy to refer a candidate if can find the exact job posting your candidate was looking for, but finding a match from LinkedIn jobs page to this is the challenge

Pros

It does what it says and that's what matters.For eg: 1. I was able to refer one of my friends to a managerial position from Jobvite 2. I am able to see past referrals details - name, position etc

Cons

What I did not like is how the product is laid down to the user. There are quite a few things which are not obvious to a regular/new user: 1. The workflow of how referral works. There is a dashboard tour but not that helpful. 2. I would want to get notified if the candidate has applied and when his candidature goes through recruiter selection phase. 3. Generally, it happens that a friend looks at posting on the LinkedIn website and asks for a referral offline. I should be able to map job posting on LinkedIn Jobs to Jobvite requisition. I end up doing a keyword search and its not easy task because most of the titles are similar

Stephanie

Industry: Publishing

Easy to use and keeps candidates organized

Our candidate tracking has improved which has allowed us to keep track of the top quality candidates. It has also streamlined our internal communications as we can do so within the system and track that as well.

Pros

I like that jobs and candidates are easy to find in the system. It's easy to attach a disposition to each candidate and keep those of interest in the pipeline so they don't get lost.

Cons

Reporting and analytical features can use some work. Also, customer support is not easy to get a hold of and while I only had one issue I needed assistance with thus far, it took longer than it should to resolve in my opinion.

Kevin

"OK" ATS for short term or growth

I had a decent experience with them. The software is good for small companies (or individuals), but i'm not sure how they would do with a company over $100mm in revenue. They do have a built in CRM/relationship management, but it was a basic mirror to others you can find out there.

Pros

Since the people I worked with were remote, having the software cloud-based was definitely a plus. Also, it helps with your onboarding and compliance (though simplistic) which frees up a ton of time.

Cons

There was a lack of exporting and reporting that you can do. Filling out profiles for potential candidates is great, but importing contacts and having it extrapolate all the information was lacking which, taking time to go through profiles and update them manually.

Reasons for choosing Jobvite

Price and they had a good sales person that walked me through the product.

Response from Jobvite

Kevin, thank you so much for being a customer! Feel free to reach out to our CS team and they will be able to help you with customizing your reports!

Replied October 2019

Laura

Industry: Publishing

June 2016

Good product, continual improvement but still working on issues

Jobvite is an easy to use platform for the most part. It's robust, loads quickly, allows for you to move through candidates and requisitions fairly easily and has good reporting that will hopefully grow even more robust. It's a good value for the cost, and is a fairly intuitive system for basic tasks, though higher level admin tasks can feel buried.

Pros

Fast loading, lots of information, good price point. Great implementation team, lots of training available. Continually improving the process and seem to take customer feedback to heart.

Cons

Customizable to a degree, building workflows requires back end help that isn't always the fastest. There's no easy way to make on the fly changes to workflows or approvers, which in a far flung organization can be difficult. The offer letter templates have also, in my experience, been pretty finicky.

Krystal

September 2022

Jobvite

really wish that this was truly a one stop center for recruitinghowever some of its features like scheduling and ssending emails is too confusing.

Pros

able to review multiple applicants and manage their progress

Cons

the schdeduling and appointment app is very confusing

Marianne

Cool to use

I had to use Jobvite on a daily basis. As a new user it was not so hard to understand its use. It helped to concentrate all hiring processes. The numbers were also helpful.

Pros

I used a lot the search tool, notes, and messages. Being integrated with email tool was amazing and I could reply right there on Jobvite. Notes was important since I could communicate internally and also include important observations to other recruiters. Search bar was one of the features I used the most since I remembered a name of a candidate and typed it on the search bar.

Cons

I missed the favorite button where I could "save" some candidates. I was hiring for a junior position and there were a lot of candidates. Not all of them should go to resume review phase but I'd like to save the ones I liked to possibly move them to Resume Review.

Erik

April 2022

Jobvite was a very useful recruiting tool

Pros

I found it very easy to track candidates for the role I was hiring for

Cons

I often found the interface to be a bit busy with features I didn't use myself. But for the Talent team, it had many great features

Useful, but with a lot of margin for improvements

It has a lot of potential, but some time should be spent in improving the user interface and the user experience

Pros

Potentially you can see the whole story of the candidate, starting from they early application ending with the result of the application itself. You have also one single place where to check their resume and skills and provide your own feedback.

Cons

Its user interface is very chaotic. It could possibly depend on how an user (mine, specifically) has been set up, but it is very hard to navigate on all the steps of the candidature and understanding the overall view of the candidate. Also for sharing company openings there are so many steps to complete that it is very often confusing what you need to do or not.

A Recruiting team's best friend

Overall, a positive experience. We would recommend highly.

Pros

Since we implemented Jobvite, it has been a valuable asset to the Lewis organization, not just the Recruiting team, but to hiring managers and employees. From it's easy-apply features for candidates to its reporting functions to show ROI and /source hiring data, my team and I have been very pleased. The feedback we received from managers and staff have been positive. New employees (with simple training) pick up its features quickly and start using Jobvite right away for interviews, candidate evaluations, social sharing and/or referrals.

Cons

Jobvite has a robust reporting function and we use it for about 2-3 weekly, monthly & annual reports. Some of the other reports are difficult to create on your own, requiring help from your Jobvite rep and/or Jobvite customer service. The Engage portion of Jobvite (an extra feature) hasn't been that successful for us, but that may just be that we need more training. Either way, we don't use it much. Also, integration is a factor. If an organization has a separate HRIS, identify integration possibilities.

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for choosing Jobvite

Candidate ease of use, functionality, customer service, simple to train, etc.

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for switching to Jobvite

It's been well over 5 years, but at the time, Jobvite was extremely progressive compared to Dayforce (it was called Ceridian at the time). Ceridian just couldn't keep up with the changing recruiting/candidate landscape.

Response from Jobvite

David, thank you so much! We appreciate you!

Replied August 2019

Venugopal

Recruiting through social media was not this much easy before I was recommended with Jobvite from a old colleague

Pros

Jobvite is based upon Continuous Candidate Engagement (CCE), which aims to modernize the recruitment space. It is a candidate focused recruiting model which has so many pros to have a look upon. It helps companies recruit candidates with meaningful experiences at the correct time, in the right way, from the very first look. Jobvite is built on a platform which uses automation and intelligence to increase speed, cost-effectiveness, and quality of talent requisition. Moreover, you will be amazed to know that it manage resumes, prevent candidate duplicity, tracks applicant, provide notification and alerts, and so on. It is user-friendly as well. Jobvite provides a great dashboard and user interface, which makes it easy to use and manipulate. It is integrated with G Suite, which helps to schedule interviews and responding from emails seamlessly. Jobvite helps to expand the talent search socially by posting the positions out to your twitter/WhatsApp/Facebook/Instagram network.

Cons

Although Jobvite seems to be a boon in Modern Recruitment Process, it has some disadvantages as well. Firstly, it is an application which is not refined as it contains so many errors and bugs. System lags frequently, and sometimes over filter candidates. Despite being run by automation and intelligence, it is much more a manually operated system. Long clunky log in process is also highlighted as a disadvantage. There are some issues with its upgrades and performances. Its customer support feature isn't functioning as smooth as desired. Another problem with Jobvite is that it is more of a Requisition focused rather than candidate focused. Thus, finding the real candidates is somewhat a tough job with Jobvite!

Good overall, but could use a few tweaks

Pros

Jobvite is one of the more competitively priced recruiting systems out there. There are premium products out there that I loved, however they would have cost almost twice as much as Jobvite, which I couldn't justify for probably 10% better functionality. It's super easy to use from both a recruiter standpoint as well as an admin standpoint. The key feature of sending Jobvites makes it super easy for employees to send out (and for us to track) referrals. As an admin, I LOVE the ability to chat with a tech support person from the tool vs. calling and being on hold for hours, only to be read to from a script vs. speaking with someone who can problem solve.

Cons

Jobvite emails come from the Jobvite email address and do not allow you to embed a signature. Because of this, we do not use Jobvite for candidate communications (other than the standard "thanks for applying" email that all applicants receive. There's also no way to BCC Jobvite to track these external emails in the system. We are a smaller company (350) and our recruiters are more senior, however this could be a deal breaker for a company that uses coordinators that require more oversight. While you can customize most of the templates, there are some that are embedded in the system that you can't change that contain awkward and stilted wording. One of them contained a grammatical error and felt it reflected on us so poorly (we're a content marketing agency) we had to disable the feature entirely. There's also a limit to the number of the columns that can appear in the search field, so we aren't able to view all of our custom fields verifying an applicant's suitability up front, which makes the process more time consuming for recruiters as they have to view more applications one at a time. Also, they occasionally have updates which take the product backward instead of forward, such as removing the job alerts email feature. I know it sounds like there are more cons than pros, but the ease of use and customer support is 100% more important than all of the cons.

Richard

State of the art social media recruiting platform with a lackluster recruiting workflow.

Pros

The Social Media platform integration is still best in class. It works well and allows easy visibility for your company's jobs across all social media platforms.

Cons

There are several things, but the actual ATS part of the system seems to have been designed as an afterthought. The workflow is not intuitive and there are too many features that just are not there for a modern search firm, and I imagine it would be very frustrating for an internal corporate recruiter as well. The worst feature though is their enforced branding through email. If you use Jobvite, every time you send an email through their platform it will go out with a jobvite.com email address. This means that many of your candidates will just not see the emails you send because their junk mail filters are picking up the jobvite.com email address as spam because they have a very high junk mail score and also because the word job is in the email address. When I used Jobvite as a corporate recruiter, I was constantly having to call candidates to see if they had received my emails and when I found out they had not I was resending messages from outside of Jobvite. When I called Jobvite, they said this was not a feature that could be easily turned off, and that the only way to do this was for our sys admins to make changes to the company domain settings and if your admins are like mine, they are not going near that with a 10 foot pole. This an idiotic feature and a deal killer for anyone in the recruiting industry.

Duc

If you are thinking about it- just do it!

Just a point to note and not really a negative to the platform, but it is something that Jobvite folks can help to make the system even more friendly to those state and local Government folks looking for an ATS platform. Jobvite is a social media recruitment platform so the whole process from hire to on-boarding is meant to be quick and efficient- the platform is more tailored to the modern day business environment where-by users are familiar with technology. Because of this, it is not as "friendly" to local or state government environment. With that said, as a local government entity, still made it to work and have been working now since the beginning on 2019! So that is to say the flexibility and adaptability of the Jobvite are there BUT you need to have a very well-versed administrator/architect/systems analyst to really translate business processes to approval workflow from inception to Go-Live!

Pros

Support is great! Ease of use once set up correctly! Flexible and adaptable to business needs but within reason! Reliable and consistent!

NEOGOV

Response from Jobvite

Thank you for your review Duc, we appreciate you!

Replied September 2019

Martina

Complete ATS

As I currently work with another software, I miss a lot of the great functionalities Jobvite has and the freedom within it for the hiring manager to define each requisition flow/process.

Pros

Jobvite is a complete and multifunctional ATS. The candidate process can be tailored to each requisition need due to the multiple statuses, screening types and contact options. It feels like an actual flow and it makes it easier to follow the candidate journey and keep track of the email sent and received. Bulk emailing and bulk change of status are also 2 great tools - which I use to give for granted but I don't have in the other ATS I use for m current product (SF).

Cons

1. No access to knock out form templates + no option to customize basic templates 2. Not all entities/products are selectable when posting a JD 3. when searching a candidate name in the top bar, it should be made default that the search shows candidates in your own req. (With then the option to see all). Most hiring managers would be looking for their specific candidates.

Reasons for switching to Jobvite

Currently working with Salesforce as I changed product and the current one doesn't work with Jobvite. Salesforce is great as a full-scale integrated system for ATS+Operations+Payroll+Finance but, contrary to JV, the ATS part of it is very limited and hard to customize as it requires a lot of development effort.

Response from Jobvite

Martina, thank you so much! We really appreciate you!

Replied November 2019

Vince

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Jobvite Review

The ability to have all candidates in one place and run reporting on the several data points has been very valuable. The reporting is still a work in progress for our needs. Since using Jobvite we have been able to provide reliable reporting to our hiring managers and executive team.

Pros

It serves as a receptacle for all candidates, the ability to communicate with multiple candidates at one time. It's a time saver. The reporting is helpful, the product is easy to navigate. It serves as a one stop product for all things recruiting related from, communicating with hiring managers to candidates and everything in between.

Cons

The reporting could be stronger, an more fluid approach with LinkedIn Recruiter, and better email options. The ability to add a signature in the email templates that doesn't look generic.

Reasons for choosing Jobvite

Some of our business partners had positive things to say about the produce, our contact at LinkedIn shared that they were using it and love it and the ability to have our people share our jobs through social media with very little effort.

Response from Jobvite

Vince, thank you so much! We appreciate you!

Replied August 2019

Steve

September 2015

JobVite is clearly the current #1 ATS for a reason!!!

Pros

The product is very robust and allows for virtually every aspect of our current recruiting process to be made much more streamlined and efficient. Also, our implementation manager is wonderfully attentive, responsive, and highly insightful, making her an absolute dream come true business partner to guide us through the transition process.

Cons

As to be expected, we experienced an almost complete drop-off in communication from our initial point of contact (sales rep) once we signed the contract. While we fully expected that, he could have been more hands-on and clear with next steps, making all required connections, and providing a more seamless transition to those next-level business partners assisting us in the transition. It would have also been slightly less impersonal than receiving almost instant automated emails from JobVite's Accounting system about invoices and deadlines, if the sales rep himself might have been proactive and forwarded and or made a call to explain those. The experience was pretty corporate and or big brand to go from, "what can I do to show you more / earn your business?" to essentially, "Thank you for choosing JobVite, You owe us money, go here to pay by X deadline. Do Not Reply to This Email." Again, a little more hand-holding and personal touch would have been nice from the sales rep, especially considering the size of the check we cut him.

Stacey

Industry: Computer Networking

My Jobvite experience in the first 6 months

Overall, I think, JV is an underused application with what it could do an as a recruitment tool, reporting tool, and an administrative user tool. However, there have been situations when asked to run a particular report. One would think, JV would be able to run it because those fields are in options fields within the program. Unfortunately, some of our report requests are not available. There's always room for improvement.

Pros

I like there are many things I like about JV. Figuring they system out wasn't as difficult as I anticipated. I learned fairly quickly how to maneuver around the system. I really like learning what I can get out of the reports and still learning there is so much more there is to be learned throughout the system.

Cons

There are some things that I don't like about this ATS, in general, as there is a lot of toggling around to different screens which takes time. However, I haven't had much experience working with other ATS's to make a fair comparison. There has been frustration getting instant online help in a timely manner. JV may or may not have this as an option, but online learning courses. I use this ATS, not as a recruiter, but more as an administrator monitoring all new WW jobs posted to ensure all new postings have continuity, consistent messaging, spelling errors, along with a gender-neutral tone.

Great ATS that's Constantly Improving

Overall I have had a good experience with Jobvite and I really like how we are able to post positions simultaneously to all the best job boards.

Pros

It's great for applicant tracking as well as automating certain things like candidate scheduling, mass messaging, and resume review. Publisher is also great for automating LinkedIn posts that advertise positions. We recently started using engage which allows us to setup web/email marketing campaigns which is a great feature for targeting niche candidates like people in tech.

Cons

When I email candidates via Jobvite, all of their messages are attached to the same email which can sometimes be confusing and has caused me to miss emails from them when they all come in at the same time. I also wish that Jobvite had a function where the HR team could approve the offer letter once it has been generated before it gets sent to the candidate.