All Jobvite Reviews

Michele

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2016

Fast, intuitive, and quickly developing product

I oversee the hiring process for a 1300 employee school network. We hire around 400 new staff each year and have roughly 4000 applicants each year. We purchased Jobvite because of its user-friendly interface, the platform speed, and the multiple products that come rolled into one (video interviewing, reporting, pipeline management). Our application process is unique and we were able to customize the system for our use. Since purchasing in October, there have already been a lot of updates and improvements to products as well as new capabilities added. They have great customer service and listen to their customers' needs in making improvements (there is even an ideas section for current customers to make suggestions and have them be voted on).

PROS

We really enjoy the built-in video interview function. We also love the pipeline management, the reporting capabilities, and the overall ease of use.

CONS

We would really benefit from even more customization capabilities. Even though we love the video interview function, many of our applicants experience technical difficulties with it so it may help to make some system improvements there.

Paola

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

I am loyal to Jobvite!

I love Jobvite! I was introduced to it at my company prior to Behavior Frontiers, and upon my inception at Behavior Frontiers I suggested Jobvite. The owners of the company loved it so we launched it. It has made the hiring process more streamlined, and easier for our team. I love it so much that we are now looking into the on-boarding piece, which I feel, will make it easier for our HR Team and it will be a better candidate experience.

PROS

Everything is housed in one place. Everyone on the team can get access to the information they need. Hiring managers do not need to depend on the recruiter. Pulling reports is super simple. Customer service is always great. Easy application process for candidate. Easy hiring process for hiring team.

CONS

I wish there were more reports available with graphs and pivot tables that are less confusing when you download them on excel.

Reasons for switching to Jobvite

BambooHR was a system I didn't really like, at least the system we had was outdated and overwhelming.

Paola, Thank you so much for being a Jobvite customer!!! We really appreciate you.

Replied October 2019

Elijah

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Jobvite is failing

Ask me this 5 years ago and I used to actually be a customer referral for them. I would rave about their easy to use system and it's ability to create a bought in hiring manager. You could share jobs direct to LinkedIn, you could track candidates well, and you could train a person in a day or two max. Now... They've acquired businesses and products that they charge for but that don't work. They turnover their account manager and customer success teams every 6 months. They are becoming dishonest and have zero accountability. They focus on selling versus providing a service. And in my most recent experience, they failed to notify me of our Account Manager leaving and that our customer success manager was away dealing with a VERY VERY VERY sensitive matter. Because they failed to notify me, I reached out to him about an issue lasting over 6 weeks. He was audibly distraught and wasn't supposed to be working. I mean I could hear they stress and sadness in his voice it was heartbreaking. It only laid more understanding for why employees are leaving this company. It's sad and unfortunately I've lost all respect for this company.

PROS

I liked the ease of use, the ease of training new hires to use the system, and the automatic job sharing. I used to like much more but we will get to that in later comments

CONS

The new features never work and will only cause problems. The customer service is arguably the worst I've experienced in my career. The prices increase with no increase in service. The company is in a steady decline as they only focus on acquiring new businesses and not creating a functional system.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2019

A Recruiting team's best friend

Overall, a positive experience. We would recommend highly.

PROS

Since we implemented Jobvite, it has been a valuable asset to the Lewis organization, not just the Recruiting team, but to hiring managers and employees. From it's easy-apply features for candidates to its reporting functions to show ROI and /source hiring data, my team and I have been very pleased. The feedback we received from managers and staff have been positive. New employees (with simple training) pick up its features quickly and start using Jobvite right away for interviews, candidate evaluations, social sharing and/or referrals.

CONS

Jobvite has a robust reporting function and we use it for about 2-3 weekly, monthly & annual reports. Some of the other reports are difficult to create on your own, requiring help from your Jobvite rep and/or Jobvite customer service. The Engage portion of Jobvite (an extra feature) hasn't been that successful for us, but that may just be that we need more training. Either way, we don't use it much. Also, integration is a factor. If an organization has a separate HRIS, identify integration possibilities.

Reason for choosing Jobvite

Candidate ease of use, functionality, customer service, simple to train, etc.

Reasons for switching to Jobvite

It's been well over 5 years, but at the time, Jobvite was extremely progressive compared to Dayforce (it was called Ceridian at the time). Ceridian just couldn't keep up with the changing recruiting/candidate landscape.

David, thank you so much! We appreciate you!

Replied August 2019

Martina

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Complete ATS

As I currently work with another software, I miss a lot of the great functionalities Jobvite has and the freedom within it for the hiring manager to define each requisition flow/process.

PROS

Jobvite is a complete and multifunctional ATS. The candidate process can be tailored to each requisition need due to the multiple statuses, screening types and contact options. It feels like an actual flow and it makes it easier to follow the candidate journey and keep track of the email sent and received. Bulk emailing and bulk change of status are also 2 great tools - which I use to give for granted but I don't have in the other ATS I use for m current product (SF).

CONS

1. No access to knock out form templates + no option to customize basic templates 2. Not all entities/products are selectable when posting a JD 3. when searching a candidate name in the top bar, it should be made default that the search shows candidates in your own req. (With then the option to see all). Most hiring managers would be looking for their specific candidates.

Reasons for switching to Jobvite

Currently working with Salesforce as I changed product and the current one doesn't work with Jobvite. Salesforce is great as a full-scale integrated system for ATS+Operations+Payroll+Finance but, contrary to JV, the ATS part of it is very limited and hard to customize as it requires a lot of development effort.

Martina, thank you so much! We really appreciate you!

Replied November 2019

Kevin

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

"OK" ATS for short term or growth

I had a decent experience with them. The software is good for small companies (or individuals), but i'm not sure how they would do with a company over $100mm in revenue. They do have a built in CRM/relationship management, but it was a basic mirror to others you can find out there.

PROS

Since the people I worked with were remote, having the software cloud-based was definitely a plus. Also, it helps with your onboarding and compliance (though simplistic) which frees up a ton of time.

CONS

There was a lack of exporting and reporting that you can do. Filling out profiles for potential candidates is great, but importing contacts and having it extrapolate all the information was lacking which, taking time to go through profiles and update them manually.

Reason for choosing Jobvite

Price and they had a good sales person that walked me through the product.

Kevin, thank you so much for being a customer! Feel free to reach out to our CS team and they will be able to help you with customizing your reports!

Replied October 2019

Laura

Publishing, 51-200 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2016

Good product, continual improvement but still working on issues

Jobvite is an easy to use platform for the most part. It's robust, loads quickly, allows for you to move through candidates and requisitions fairly easily and has good reporting that will hopefully grow even more robust. It's a good value for the cost, and is a fairly intuitive system for basic tasks, though higher level admin tasks can feel buried.

PROS

Fast loading, lots of information, good price point. Great implementation team, lots of training available. Continually improving the process and seem to take customer feedback to heart.

CONS

Customizable to a degree, building workflows requires back end help that isn't always the fastest. There's no easy way to make on the fly changes to workflows or approvers, which in a far flung organization can be difficult. The offer letter templates have also, in my experience, been pretty finicky.

International Affairs, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2018

A great job management tool!

PROS

Jobvite is just great... make it easy to post, promote, share, and apply for jobs. integrates well with business and social media platforms.

CONS

Users need to be wise with their job sharing settings, as to avoid being spammy. More of a user problem though, as Jobvite lets the user have control over this.

Maggie

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2019

It's good for the cost

PROS

For the price of the system, it's a good option but it would not be my first choice at all.

CONS

Lacks metrics, lacks a nice clean, easy to use interface like Greenhouse. Customer support is lack luster. Though for the price, it's a good option

PRATUL

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Good But ..

PROS

Easy to refer a friend. Quickly reads the correct information from the file and saves lot of manual tasks.

CONS

User Interface can be improved and made more user friendly.

Richard

Reviewed July 2017

State of the art social media recruiting platform with a lackluster recruiting workflow.

PROS

The Social Media platform integration is still best in class. It works well and allows easy visibility for your company's jobs across all social media platforms.

CONS

There are several things, but the actual ATS part of the system seems to have been designed as an afterthought. The workflow is not intuitive and there are too many features that just are not there for a modern search firm, and I imagine it would be very frustrating for an internal corporate recruiter as well. The worst feature though is their enforced branding through email. If you use Jobvite, every time you send an email through their platform it will go out with a jobvite.com email address. This means that many of your candidates will just not see the emails you send because their junk mail filters are picking up the jobvite.com email address as spam because they have a very high junk mail score and also because the word job is in the email address. When I used Jobvite as a corporate recruiter, I was constantly having to call candidates to see if they had received my emails and when I found out they had not I was resending messages from outside of Jobvite. When I called Jobvite, they said this was not a feature that could be easily turned off, and that the only way to do this was for our sys admins to make changes to the company domain settings and if your admins are like mine, they are not going near that with a 10 foot pole. This an idiotic feature and a deal killer for anyone in the recruiting industry.

Vince

Packaging and Containers, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Jobvite Review

The ability to have all candidates in one place and run reporting on the several data points has been very valuable. The reporting is still a work in progress for our needs. Since using Jobvite we have been able to provide reliable reporting to our hiring managers and executive team.

PROS

It serves as a receptacle for all candidates, the ability to communicate with multiple candidates at one time. It's a time saver. The reporting is helpful, the product is easy to navigate. It serves as a one stop product for all things recruiting related from, communicating with hiring managers to candidates and everything in between.

CONS

The reporting could be stronger, an more fluid approach with LinkedIn Recruiter, and better email options. The ability to add a signature in the email templates that doesn't look generic.

Reason for choosing Jobvite

Some of our business partners had positive things to say about the produce, our contact at LinkedIn shared that they were using it and love it and the ability to have our people share our jobs through social media with very little effort.

Vince, thank you so much! We appreciate you!

Replied August 2019

Jan Claire

Information Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Nice ATS

Overall, having this kind of ATS for recruiting is very useful. I just hope they will improve they key feautures soon

PROS

What I love about Jobvite is the ability to customize the status of each candidate and requisitions with its current status. It also has the ability to send an automated message to candidates which is also cool

CONS

The user interface can be improved. I don't find it super user-friendly. Also, as I remembered it was not integrated into our system. So there are a lot of features that they should definitely improve.

Reviewed October 2018

Helps our Recruiting Needs as a Small Business

It gets the job done and it's useful for us as a small business to have a place where people can apply online without building our own application process on our website. It's simple for applicants to fill out, but it is time-consuming on our end to get the applications ready.

PROS

I like that you are able to put pretty much anything and everything on the screening forms. So many other software/websites make their application so simplistic that we barely get any information from our candidates other than a resume. We have a full application that we like our candidates to fill out so it is nice to be able to put all the questions we want on the screening form. It's also a convenient way to keep all of our recruiting needs in one spot.

CONS

It's not as user-friendly as I would like it. Creating the screening forms is very time-consuming. It's difficult to be able to delete requisitions or candidates which I understand, but at the same time, it would be useful to have. I inherited the software from our previous HR rep and there were so many things that were incorrect and what not and it's really difficult to clean up requsitions. I'd also prefer if we could turn off the general application as we get so many resumes for positions that sometimes don't even exist.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Easy to use but still can get better

It's very easy to maintain data in the tool and hence our Talent Acquisition Team's work is more transparent to the stakeholders. We also get to know where are the delays in the interview process or offer approval process

PROS

- It's very consumer friendly. If the consumer hasn't used any ATS tool ever, Jobvite has a very easy UI and anyone can pick it up quite quickly without any formal training. - I really appreciate the quick help I get from the Customer Support team, they are just simply awesome.

CONS

I would rather write "What could be better" rather than writing any cons It will be really great if the users can create more and more reports rather than going back and forth with your team, there are many times that there is some amount of data that we require but we can't create the report from scratch and have to keep scrolling through already available reports

Dominika

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Pros and cons

Implementation was frustrating but the system is worth recommending. it is very easy to use. Now disclaimer if you do not have a technical team on your side it will be a challenge to implement it and if you are expecting human contact do not :) you will be sent to articles and videos. Would i buy the product again ? yes am I happy with the customer service side definitely no. if you have a lot of time and patience and drive to learn then that o it your self approach will suit you.

PROS

I do like simplicity and intuitiveness of the system. That is definitely a plus . Some things could be improved but over all we are happy.

CONS

My biggest issue is customer service. We had a fantastic knowledgeable sales rep. Then we had a PM that was mainly an email sender if he responded in fer days it was a success. He was definitely not a PM our [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a PM and he refused to work with him. Then we got an rep post implementation that does reply to emails with in 3-4 days ( definitely not quality service) . I'm very disappointed with the client service and support. Not to mention that it has been now 3 months and we need t9o maintain our other ATS because they still did not upload our old resumes and there is no end date in site. No I'm sorry nothing. The customer care chat they are curious but supper slow to get a response its about a week. This is definitely their down side.

price and functionality presented

Reasons for switching to Jobvite

not functional too many bugs

Glenn

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Basic to Intermediate ATS

Jobvite ATS has done the job for us and has given us the ability to keep our recruitment management going with applicants. I just wish it was easier to update when needed.

PROS

I like the fact we get a career site that we can customize to our look and feel and I like the Application integration with Indeed and other programmatic job boards. Also the Analytics is really good, but confusing to set up and use.

CONS

I don't like the Admin interface and the ease of use. It took us well over 6 months to build this Jobvite software ATS and its taking even longer to update it to our needs now. We've used it for well over 3 years and I can say I've seen other ATS systems with easier setup and backend use.

Kylee

Reviewed November 2017

Jobvite makes our recruitment process streamlined, organized, and easily collaborative.

PROS

What I like most about the software is the ability to save workflow processes. That way depending on the type of position I'm recruiting on or where that positions is based, the appropriate workflow process will automatically be put in place and therefore the appropriate managers and other key employees in the recruitment process will be notified. Jobvites ability to track candidates applying to more than one position in our organization also helps keep us organized and gives us a birds eye view of what a candidates interests are and what communications we may have had with them in the past when they've applied with us.

CONS

What I like least about the software is we cannot easily add hyper links to emails. Since hyper links cannot be part of your templates you have to manually add them to emails. This is tedious.

5,001-10,000 employees