What are Jolt users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Jolt software through verified user reviews

• icon"My most favorite feature of Jolt would be its assistance in helping the team meet food safety."
  • icon"We also love the referral program. We haven't had anyone actually join yet, but we recommend Jolt to everyone."
  • icon"It has extreme customization and it is easy to print out the inspections for the night crew and the users are happy with a program that is quick and easy to use."
  • icon"This software can be a bit confusing to learn, including learning how to navigating through all of the features."
  • icon"It can be difficult to delete a lost from the daily to-do checklist once it has been added."
  • icon"Cost per month is really high.I have to pay custom duties here in Canada that adds up."

Browse all Jolt Reviews

• Have you used Jolt and would like to share your experience with others?

Debra

Purchased the Jolt labeler to label in process product, but we are using it for so much more!

Labels for in process and finished products, Very simple to use. Using for scheduling, time clock management, messages, alerts, communication, and accountability of personnel. They need to log in on an ipad to the software, and they can get their tasks right there that were set up for them. Excellent product! We are using this for so much more than what we originally purchased it for.

Pros

Originally purchased to label in process product. But when we started building labels, we realized we can also make finished product labels and apply them easier. We just used these for the first time for the entire day and couldn't be happier. Great quality and simple. This software has so many features and now our production manager is using this software for our staff. It can be used as a time clock, for messages and alerts, for accountability of workers tasks, personnel scheduling, and much more. We plan to take full advantage of all it can do for us. We seem to find something new every day that this can do for us. For the price, along with the excellent support whenever needed, it is one of the best values I have found in a long time. I cannot recall a time in my career that I have been excited about a labeler!

Cons

I think we will have to use this a bit longer to find something we don't like about this. The one item we changed was that the labeler comes with 1" x 1" labels, which were too small for our use. Our account manager sent us the labels we needed immediately.

Great software for scheduling, food & beverage companies

I have cut my time that is spent making the schedule down from the previous program I used.

Pros

I have the ability to schedule as many positions to multiple employees for our Renaissance faire food and beverage staff..this is crucial when I need to have an employee work in multiple locations through out the day.

Cons

I am unable to send the schedule to just a select employee or employees. Currently I have to send it to the entire staff.

Reasons for choosing Jolt

The staff is able to download the App on their cell phone and put in requests off as well as the ability to use Bluetooth thermometers with the App

Reasons for switching to Jolt

The value for multiple locations in Jolt is significantly less than having multiple locations in Snap Schedule 365.

Roxanne

March 2022

Jolt Gives Business Independence

It's been really good! Occasionally a migration or an update will down the app but it is usually resolved in a timely manner

Pros

I really appreciate that as the administrator I can write and program my own inspections related to my state, county, or company specific requirement without having to ask a dev to do that for me. I can get complex and focus on very specific areas.

Cons

I wish the reports for completed inspections also included the corrective action dialogues as one document rather than having to weave these two things together in post to get the whole picture

Reasons for choosing Jolt

We actually were recommended Jolt from a consultant who also works with Flying Food Group. It ticked all the boxes we needed so we didn't really shop around - we trusted the recommendation.

Reasons for switching to Jolt

Gleason sucks. We had to make changes related to covid protocol required by our county and when I asked for it to be done it wasn't implemented for 30-60 days in some cases because they insisted on managing the custom content. Gleason's interface and customer service also were terrible.

Response from Jolt

Hi Roxanne, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

Replied March 2022

rodney

this is an unscrupulous company .. stay away!

terrible! any company that makes it so hard to cancel a subscription has no faith in their product. It is a billing scam!

Pros

we never used the software and tried to cancel the initial free subscription. They make it virtually impossible to cancel once you are signed up! after repeated attempts to send email on they're site with nor response we disputed the charges. No one ever responded or called back. any company that makes it so difficult to cancel a subscription is a good reason to stay away. they rely on you singing up for free trial and then never being able to get ahold of any to cancel. why would they not have any way to cancel your subscription online. High pressure sales and borderline criminal! stay away!

Cons

Response from Jolt

Hi Rodney, We thank you for your feedback and take your comments very seriously, as our goal is to make every Jolt customer a raving fan. Please feel free to reach out to support@jolt.com with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

Replied October 2021

Randy

February 2022

impossible to get a live person to speak to you

Horrible communication

Pros

Great sales pitch when they were selling us on the system. When we decided to stop using it was impossible to get a response

Cons

tried for 2 months to cancel the subscription - after 30 day finally got an email response. Told the rep to cancel the account but he never responded to 2 different emails. Ended up billing my for 2 months

did not use it

Ramy

Solid LMS

I've used Jolt over 2 companies, and it is far superior to some of the other systems that have a huge start up cost

Pros

Easy to build and use. Vey short learning curve. Highly effective. Eliminates the need for paper!

Cons

UI not as inviting as some other systems

Reasons for choosing Jolt

Ease of use and start up

Reasons for switching to Jolt

Playerlync was too hard to use and very limited

Aaron

Jolt transforms our workforce into an efficient well-oiled, agile machine

Massive operational efficiency.

Pros

Jolt has given us visibility into our day-to-day operations. It allows us to see where we exceed and where we fall short. Jolt provides the mechanism for operational efficiencies which can't be achieved with paper checklists. We love that we can organize every day in advance and ensure we're in compliance with food safety practices using checklists, food labels, and temperature probes. Jolt is our future manual for franchisees to perform their day-to-day operations.

Cons

Bluetooth label printers don't always connect but this is more of a hardware issue than Jolt's issue.

jovemar

very good app i wish i had that one someday.

I am satisfied with a jolt for it helps me with my research and my thesis.

Pros

very reliable and user friendly and easy to learn

Cons

sometimes it is very lag. maybe the signal causes the delay.

Alexander

Fantastic App that helps us keep things in order!

Stabilize operation on a micro-level

Pros

Pretty clear and easy to use once you get the hang of it. Totally indispensable to keeping an operation running smoothly.

Cons

Wish that the software had the ability to alert if there was an exception- i.e. Air Conditioning in working order? Yes/No (if No, notification is immediately sent to Admins)

Anthony

April 2022

Carwash Jolt Review

Overall a positive experience

Pros

Scheduling display lists makes task management easy at our many locations

Cons

Sometimes development of new features take a long time.

Response from Jolt

Hi Anthony, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

Replied April 2022

Brandon

Pretty good overall

bad the time I've saved building my schedule is astronomical. Everything is just so easy to move around. After I put some projections in, I can see plainly how much money i'm wasting on labor and where I'm understaffed. Also, when I used to build my schedules, I would get complaints from employees all the time about how I scheduled them on a day they wanted off or outside of their availability or too little or too many hours or whatever the case may be. Now I get hardly any and when I do, I can say "well did you give me your availability?" The answer is always no and then it's their responsibility to solve it

Pros

The administrative side of the software is pretty intuitive, but advanced enough to really customize. I have not had a lot of time to play around with the other features just yet, but the scheduler is top notch. I especially like being able to make a template with unassigned employees. Every week I just drag and drop my crucial shifts to the people that can fit them and then build my schedule from there. Really the schedule building feature is just fantastic overall. I must have saved at least 6 hours of time every week since I started using Jolt if not more. Having availability and time off requests laid out over the scheduler is so nice. I employ a lot of college students whose availability can change weekly. Them having the ability to change their availability on the fly is incredibly useful for me. I used to compare my schedule to hand written notes and an availability spreadsheet. I couldn't imagine going back. Last thing I have to add is the customer service from Jolt is top notch. And I mean REALLY great. They set me up with a personal representative of which I have all contact information I need to contact at anytime directly. Every time I send an email to Jolt, it is answered almost immediately. If I bring up a question they don't have an answer for, the make an effort to find it and always get back to me. My rep Johnathan is like the friendliest guy I've ever talked to. The Customer service of this company is reason enough to purchase the software.

Cons

The fact that it is browser based. I don't care how fast your connection is, sometimes it's going to lag. Also, what's with needing an iPad for half the features?. What if I want someone to be able to see everyone on the schedule, but not change the schedule? And by far the most annoying thing is the Jolt Lite app. It's not intuitive so I end up putting availability in myself for employees that can't figure it out. The interface of the app looks pretty bare. Like a webpage from the late 90's. When I get a push notification, it would be nice if the app opened up to whatever it is I need to approve/deny instead of the default page I set, or the last page I was on. And availability is set as "unavailable to work?" It should really be changed to when the employee is available to work, or call it "Unavailability" or something, it's just confusing.

Marie

August 2016

A New Era for Business

I use Jolt for the Food Industry. It is straight forward and easy to use. I publish my schedule, manage requests, set lists, and manage people. I am also able to send announcements and track my labor goals. I use it daily and it has become my main use for most things.

Pros

I love how easy it is to pick up on. I was capable of teaching myself with ease. I love the schedule and how employees can create a prefered avaiability as well as request off and swap shifts with others at my approval. It informs me immediately when someone makes a request, and I am able to set it so employees have to give x days prior notice for their request as well as a reason. I also enjoy the variety of options I have for creating my checklists. They can be as thorough as I want and notify me when I want. My employees also find Jolt easy to use. Most of them figure it out on there own and have had no problems using it. I also use their Jolt printer system, which is extremely useful and honestly could not have been created any better. The stickers do not leave residue! The support is also great. Theyre always open to ideas and tend to be very fast pace when assisting you. I love how willing they are to expand in new features/ideas. There are many other benefits to Jolt, but I have listed the big ones I discovered using.

Cons

My one con is the text notifications recieved from Jolt. You can set so that is a checklist is overdue, out of range, etc, you can be notified via text. This is a great thing; however, the texts can be overwhelming in the sense of how it is formated. It could be because I own an Android and not an Apple device (which is what I understand it is mainly used with), but my text notifications get broken up instead of being all in one. I have seen my co worker use her iphone with it, and her notifications are all in one. With that said, I have noticed they have been improving it.

Nicole

Great Experience

I was approached by Jolt to try their product. No other locations from my company have tried this company so I had no comparisons or reviews. After checking around, the price made it worth the investment. Once we received the product it has changed our process in a positive way. The main features we use include the List, Labels, and Schedule. We were using hand written labels before Jolt because other company labeling equipment was too expensive. With our past hand written labels faced issues with labels falling off, unable to read the hand writing, and the employees did not do a great job looking for items that expired. With Jolt the labels stick to the container very well, is has the expiration written on the label making it more simple for my employees, and there's no question about date or time. We were using paper copies for our multiple list (Typically 6-8 list per day) List would disappear, become dirty, or just not be completed. Jolt has made this task more simple with the added feature of a log book making communication easier to all of the employees. This has reduced our usage of paper, toner, and extending the life of the drum for our printer. I can easily access all list and review a date, time, and employee that completed the list. This helps cut down on my time used for performance reviews. The scheduling section has also been great. Employees can use a free app from their phone to view schedule and submit request. Creating schedules is easier and more time efficient. The only option I would like added would to be able to view the schedule and my request side by side before I approve the request. With the current process I have to look at the request and then go to the schedule to see if I am able to accommodate the request. I do have 35-40 employees with a majority those being college students with school schedules and personal request to try to work with.

Pros

How it has helped the store become more efficient.

Cons

I need labels I can adjust or have available for Raw Chicken to have all the information required by headquarters on one label.

Brittani

Industry: Restaurants

Fantastic- when it works.

Jolt has greatly improved our food scores since we began using it. It has gotten our team members in the habit of labelling everything because it is easy-to-use and has all pertinent information readily available. The issue is getting technical problems resolved in an appropriate manner; our printer has been unusable for a total of over 2 months out of the 10 months which we have had it.

Pros

The label feature for all food products has really helped us to drastically increase our food safety scores by clearly indicating when a particular product must be used by. We no longer have to mentally recall the hundreds of various hold times we have for all of our products and their ingredients, because all of that information is easily stored in the Jolt system and prints out with the touch of a button. The labels are also much higher quality than other sticker systems we have tried in the past, making dish washing much easier because they are removed easily with zero sticky residue.

Cons

The software, in our experience, is offline often. We contacted Customer Service multiple times to try to correct the issue but were instructed that we may need to send the entire printer back to be serviced and that we would get it back after the repair was complete in 2-3 months. The printer system is pricey to begin with, so it did not seem like an appropriate solution to be without what we were paying for, for multiple months. We also have issues with the calibration lining up with the stickers perfectly, but have discovered that if you gently pull on each sticker before printing it will line up more accurately.

Corder

Jolt Software Review

We have been using Jolt at my restaurant now for around 2 years. We love the customization options that Jolt includes, how easy it is to use, and how much more neat and organized our restaurant looks since we began using Jolt. Jolt has allowed us to toss out our old paper checklists and gave us checklists on tablets. Having our checklists and information all in one place made our checklists easier to access and has given our restaurant a more professional environment. We have also watched the productivity of our team rise as a result of using Jolt in the restaurant. We also use this software to create and send out our weekly shift schedule to the whole team. The mobile app then allows team members to request shift trades when needed straight through the app itself. Then, once a shift trade request has been submitted, the manager of that shift can then approve or deny the shift trade right on the app. This saves time, and is a great deal less effort than having to make phone calls all day to find someone to cover a shift. Myself, as well as my team, highly recommend this software to anyone or any company in need of a game changer. This software will be the tool that helps you and your team get to the next level.

Pros

Easy of Use, Customization, Features, Scheduling, Mobile App, Labels, Checklists and Information in Central Location

Cons

Goal setting not built in. App sometimes does not read (connect to) printer on the first attempt.

Matthew

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Jolt has revolutionised the operational aspects of our business.

- Increased efficiency - Accountability - Tangible statistics on operational performance - Ability to compare site performance - Notifications when important tasks aren't completed - Improved communication with team - Ability to support management team without being on site - Flexibility to easily change operations - Autonomy for management team to create their own lists to improve the running of the stores - Complete visibility of the operations in the business - Streamlined scheduling

Pros

Prior to Jolt, two of the biggest frustrations in our business were time spent on scheduling and finding out that simple operational tasks had not been completed. Jolt has solved both of these issues. The employee app with functionality to set availability, request shift swaps and holidays has streamlined the whole scheduling process and freed up important management man-hours. The lists functionality is invaluable and has revolutionised the operational aspect of the business. Being able to create tasks ranging from daily cleaning right up to annual audits has allowed us to pre-plan the whole year knowing that nothing will be forgotten. The notifications and review section has created accountability that would not be possible without this software. I never imagined we would have such control and visibility of the day to day running of the business.

Cons

I believe a few tweaks could be made to the time clock and scheduling and I would love to see an area specifically made for inductions and training.

Caprinia

Great Tool!

We have been using Jolt in our restaurant for about a month. The setup took a little bit of time, but once that was complete, the use of it is great! I love how modular it is. Even within the same company there can be little differences between locations. This software realizes that. The options available make it functional for any paper list, form, etc. Not to mention that every action is time/date stamped! It is great to know when things are actually getting done. I also really appreciate the "real-time" view that I have into my operations even when I am not physically there given the push notifications and range alerts that I have set up. We have been able to mitigate a few situations that weren't being highlighted given our previous methods of data collection and were being overlooked. The price is right where I would expect it to be. The value is great for the product, service, and online information.

Pros

I like that this helps eliminate the paper in the store and requiring the manager's to "proof" every little part when they are busy managing the shift. Time-stamps are wonderful. The modular ability of being able to build what you need is great. Setting up pushes for the lists and forms at specific times is a great tool to help keep the team on track daily. I appreciate the notifications that I can create for any form. We haven't yet utilized the point system, but our team is excited to use it in contests. I anticipate it will be a great motivational tool.

Cons

The build-out for getting it functional was time consuming. I did not have any templates to work from. If I had those, it would have been much more streamlined, but would still require an investment of time.

Sabrina

Industry: Restaurants

Very functional, Easy to Use and a great tool for communication

Pros

I love that I am able to customize it for my restaurants needs. We have a lot of information and to be able to have one platform to trickle that information down is easy. From the lists, to labels and bulk imports, it is very easy to use. I also really love their customer service as they are always willing to answer any question I have, big or small and they really value feedback from "in the trenches" and strive to provide us the functionality we crave in this platform. I help establish this platform for several restaurants and file sharing and information is so easy in regards on how to build it, share it and import it.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. Every time it seems to get close to being "outdated" or not as easy to use, they ask for a call so they can help walk you through an update. They ask for feedback and listen so most of our needs are met and are done so in a timely manner. They make me feel like our restaurant is the only one they work with however I know they take feedback from many many restaurants and it helps to know everyone's concerns and voices are heard.

Danielle

Love it for our food trucks & catering operations

We use Jolt to manage the operations for our food trucks and catering services. Since we are totally mobile and often have many events occurring simultaneously, the Lists feature allows for greater oversight and accountability when it's impossible to be everywhere at one time. Jolt has greatly improved the communication between everyone in our team by utilizing the Announcements features. I love that information can be instantly sent out to our staff, we can verify that they read the information, and, most importantly, that they understand the information by requiring quick quizzes based on the topics covered. Moving away from traditional pen and paper checklists and cumbersome communications binders has been overwhelmingly embraced by everyone. We have also seen a reduction in our food waste by utilizing the Date Code Labels. Marking our food items with a clearly readable expiration date has greatly improved our "first in, first out" practices. Additionally, stamping each prepped item with the name of the staff member who prepared it has forced greater accountability that all food items are prepared correctly (and allows management to address individually anyone who needs re-training on preparing a specific item). Lastly, I can't say enough good things about Jolt support. They are extremely responsive and helpful when questions arise, and the application is constantly improving with new features added based on customer requests and feedback. We have used Jolt for a little over a year now, and I wish we had started using it years ago!

Jon

Jolt is a NO BRAINER for serious restaurateurs

Before Jolt we were using those ancient relics known as paper checklists. Accountability for completing those checklists was a constant battle. We were literally throwing money in the trash when checklist items were missed or ignored. NOT ANYMORE. Not only does Jolt provide superb accountability and reduce pencil-whipping to a bare minimum. The team members love it! Nobody wants to work in a restaurant that's living in the past with outdated paper checklists. Their are too many great features within Jolt to rave about every single one of them. (and they constantly add new features and functionality.) But I can tell you that we save WAY more money than the minimal cost of this program. Productivity is up, accountability is up, cleanliness is up, morale is up and profits are up! The product date labeling feature in Jolt is worth the cost on its own. Do yourself a favor and take the time for a demo on the program and see for yourself. If you aren't on Jolt, chances are your competitors are and you do NOT want them to have this competitive over you. I just can't say enough about how much I love Jolt!

Pros

The ability to measure our success or failure and the ability to hold people accountable down to the minute and second an item was completed.

Cons

You will "nerd out" and want to do nothing but write Jolt checklists all day long.

Denise

Not quite perfect but support is excellent and they take on board suggestions for changes

Pros

The scheduling side is excellent. Easy to use from both our employees point of view and payroll. Great record keeping. The list creation is sometimes a little confusing but support is always quick to respond and very helpful. The lists are a great tool for staff and we have found that being able to adjust them as needed to get the best result from the staff members actually responsible for completing the lists is pretty easy. We supply and sell food onsite to our guests which brings with it all sorts of food hygiene expectations from local government and a large amount of record keeping for this. The lists we have developed allow us to complete all requirements on Jolt with easy access when needing to audit the results. All staff find completing them easy. Auditing the correct completion of the lists by staff is also simple. This leads to higher compliance and can also be used as a performance tool with staff management.

Taran

September 2016

Jolt Zebra printer

I have been using our new printer for Jolt and I LOVE IT! I really love the fact that every item prepped now is labeled with who prepped it, when they did so, and the EXACT time of expiration. The fact that it uses the internal clock to time stamp items is amazing. This keeps everyone honest. There is no fudging times or dates to extend foods shelf life. The ease of use is incredible. I mean there is not much more to say on that. It took us a couple of tries to figure out the best way to label our items received from Sysco but then a simple answer occurred to me. Before even starting to put up the truck, simply read the invoice and print ALL labels needed and it is a breeze! After that more specific labels can be made using the custom label. We use it to mark the weights of our meats so now daily inventory is a snap. No more trying to decipher messy handwriting. I have even gone so far as to use it to label items for caterings to give things a more professional look. I do wish that custom labels could be saved for repeat use. That is maybe my only complaint about this printer. I keep it in my office to save it from the wear and tear of daily kitchen activities. It is an extremely helpful device that has streamlined our labeling and made it much more effective as well. Having this now and using it all day every day, I hate to think of life without it. Thank you,

Pros

Ease of use. Pictures and date stamps that keep employees honest. training new employees is a breeze.

Cons

Lack of ability to personalize to individual locations needs or preferances

Eldridge

The Safety and Productivity Solution!

The experience has been great through and through! It's been a huge time saver. It's saved us time, and time equals money, in various areas of our business. You can download the names of your staff who in which are on your schedule, and it helps in keeping you and your team accountable.

Pros

My most favorite feature of Jolt would be its assistance in helping the team meet food safety. This feature eliminates any handwritten and/or guessing shelf life for products, as the corporate guidelines for holding procedures are already downloaded on the application.

Cons

Depending on how tech and app savvy your managerial team is, customization is based on what works for your particular team. Therefore customization is up to us and could be pretty sloppy, which ends up being productivity lost searching for a particular label.

Reasons for choosing Jolt

Time saver, assists in food safety, accountability, no film left behind from printed labels

Tyler

Everything in One Place

We now have 40 locations using Jolt for our daily checklists and logs. It is great having quick access to any list or food safety log in a matter of seconds. It has improved our team's accountability in getting the necessary details completed accurately on a daily basis. Not only does it help set the restaurant up for success in serving our customers, the Health Department also appreciates our electronic temperature logs! Some features I would like to see improve are capabilities within the way lists can be setup, such as conditional formatting and multiple items under a parent item. I would also like to see more customization around notifications. The notifications are one of the best features of Jolt! The goods news is, the Jolt team is very receptive to feedback and always tries to make client's ideas come to life. Overall, I would highly recommend Jolt to any restaurant looking to streamline their systems and eliminate all of the paper and clip boards!

Pros

The lists capabilities are currently the biggest benefit to us, but we have also started testing the Zebra printer and scheduling.

Cons

We like the scheduling feature but since it does not integrate with our systems, it's not the best option for us. I would also like to see more customization for the way lists can be configured, such as conditional formatting and more that one measurable under a parent item. More customization surrounding notifications would be helpful as well.

Great product that I couldn't do without

I use Jolt for both of my QSR's and it takes care of all the scheduling from week to week. It also does all the checklist that the employees do when they get there or in the middle of their shifts or at closing time. We use it to handle all the communications between leadership and staff and finally it continually monitors temperatures around the store.

Pros

Scheduling- Employees can request off or put unavailable times in Jolt and when you make the schedule it is on the schedule in yellow so you can try to schedule around them.

Cons

Communication- If you do not use their time card feature there isn't a good way to tell the staff things without sending a text or email. And if you want them to see something you can't attach an image

Reasons for switching to Jolt

Branch will let you do time off request and unavailability but you don't make the actual schedule in branch so you spend much of your time transferring the tie off request to your schedule and hoping you don't miss any. Also that is all it has the capability to do. No checklist or temperature monitoring service

Jolt