• Pros

• "keeps track of it all. I combined all my hr docs related to time-off, annual reviews, policies and more into a simple to use, nicely designed one stop solution."

• "product is very easy to use as a user. we use it to keep track of time off."

• "I liked the on boarding ease for new hires at the small company I worked at"

• Cons

• "Being in Canada, we wish there was a bit more tie-in to our countries rules and regulations around typical HR tasks."

• "Can't think of much, though I'm eager for them to integrate a more in-depth performance review process. "

• "Some employees were used to larger platforms, just had to get used to how to use Kin "

Browse Kin Reviews

Kin helps new employees acclimate to your business culture.

Pros

Kin is a consultant-based software company that helps build meaningful workplaces. We usually like to bring them in once a month to help us refocus on our mission and vision. It is a good time for new employees to connect with the work culture and purpose. They differentiate their services per situation and they have expertise in everything from motivation, self-care, onboarding, and social media integration.

Cons

I have really tried to come up with some negatives to working with Kin. They do a great job. They listen to our needs and want to help us get better. Their authentic approach makes us feel like family every time we meet.

Nadia from BrightFire, LLC

One-stop employee resource tool

We are a small company with a dozen employees. KinHR not only allows us to track our personal time off efficiently, it keeps all of those necessary employee files in one location. I can quickly upload files that everyone needs - such as 401(k) documents, federal and state posters, and employee guides, manuals, and procedures to each employee. When someone has a question, I point to KinHR. Also, we use the review and task areas of the software. No more pesky emails about tasks or paper files for reviews. Everything is there and you can go back and review easily what was assigned and what was discussed during review time. It is a great product that I would recommend to any small business owner!

Pros

One-stop place for everything!

Cons

I wish the review area was easier to use. It is clunky when setting up. And sometimes employees don't know exactly where to put their responses. I wish when you setup the review, you could add fields for questions and response areas. Small Improvements has a great model that we used prior to switching over. The review area is ok, I just wish it was a bit more robust. Such as hiding what the employee says until they are ready for their employer to review it. Sometimes, people want to have time to reflect their thoughts before hitting send.

Kin is great for small business HR needs

Pros

I liked the on boarding ease for new hires at the small company I worked at

Steve from Plank

The right tool for our Small Business

Plank switched over the Kin in May 2014. The Kin team made the process painless and trouble-free. Kin seemed like the right type of solution for us. We have on average 13 active users, and we use about 80% of the features offered. We were a bit worried with a SaaS solution, but the product has been rock solid with almost no issues and zero unscheduled downtime. After 2 years we're still extremely happy.

Pros

Great employee records; sane and easy to use time-off management; a method to keep notes on reviews and goals; a clean, friendly and simple design; excellent customer support with quick turn around times for questions.

Meagan from Frankly

Great experience!

We moved to KIN HR to consolidate our onboarding system and manage our time off - it's been a great experience from the UI experience to the customer service.

Pros

It's easy to use, intuitive, and they're always coming out with new, better features.

Dave from Chromatic

Great product.

Kin has been a great tool for Chromatic. We haven't had any issues with usage or implementation with our team. It's intuitive and has most of the features we need. Support is fantastic and Kin definitely cares about their customers, which is a major plus. The only part of the software that is lacking for me, is reporting. It would be nice to be able to get to the data that is there in a more efficient way. Otherwise, no complaints! And I would recommend this to anyone needing an HR solution.

June 2016

Kevin from BuzzCo

June 2016

Goodbye Excel Spreadsheet...Howdy, KIN

Uh, goodbye excel spreadsheet...Howdy KIN! 1st rate company with 1st rate associates! Lindsay has been great to work with, helping us streamline our process. If you're looking for a simple solution, KIN is it!

Pros

Cons

I haven't experienced one.

Alissa from Figmints

Use Kin to easily onboard and track employees

Kin was super helpful in the onboard process. It is also a great place to store employee documents, and offers ease of use. Instead of employees having all the paperwork, this makes everything paperless for the most part.

Pros

Great for employee on boarding, makes the process virtually paperless and easy to track. Great for making sure all the documentation is in, and clearly tracking PTO.

Chris from Figmints

Sleek and Virtual HR

KIN provides a great interface to organize valuable files and track employee details, making it easy for a smaller agency to get help with its HR.

alicia from clover

KinHR

Pros

product is very easy to use as a user. we use it to keep track of time off.

Cons

no cons at this time. will update later.

Philip from Storehub

Best HRIS software to date

Has all the HR functions rolled into one web based software. Employees can share anything on the fly. HR people can edit details on the fly.

Very good tool for HR management

Pros

- Simple but very effective tool for HR management. - Very easy to configure and set working. - User friendly for end-users.

Cons

Can't think of anything that I really dislike about this tool. It does what it should as does it well.

Rachel from factore design initiative

Kin Review

Staff at Kin is great. Always available to help figure out bugs and encourage feedback on how to make the software better.