Lattice

Lattice Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"It's intuitive and easy to use, plus it gives the team reminders and insights about the long term goals."
  • icon"It's a great tool that gives you a lot of space to log your feelings. I love the weekly checkins, as a manager, I have my team do these before our one on ones and it gives us talking points."
  • icon"I love everything about this software. The best part is the 1:1 agenda and the collaboration on it."
  • icon"When reviewing other people, there is no mechanism for the reviewer to choose the fields / questions to comment on."
  • icon"Nothing I have to complain about here. I also don't use it as much as the other software, so if I find anything down the line, I'll update my review."
  • icon"It's a worst-of-both-worlds mix of static web-1.0 with annoying highly sparse UI design."

Have you used Lattice and would like to share your experience with others?

All Lattice Reviews

June 2022

A good platform for employee management with goals, reviews, etc

Steve

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Super helpful for 1:1 meetings and goals

We use Lattice for the daily interactions between team members, and especially between managers and their team members. It's great for tracking monthly / yearly goals as well, and is a pretty full featured OKR system if you use that style of goal management.

Pros

We use Lattice for all our teams to track goals and many teams, like mine, use it for feedback, one on one meetings, and other performance management stuff.

Cons

Lattice doesn't represent a complete enough HR solution that we can use it standalone. We have to use another program for payroll and I wish that we could do everything in Lattice. It does a great job of discussions and dialog with employees, but it's not a complete solution.

Employee Engagement in One Convenient Portal

Lattice has been a great tool for our company to eliminate the use of many spreadsheets saved in a million different places. It allows managers and employees to manage the entire employee experience in one place. We have enjoyed implementing this for our company.

Pros

I love that all parts of employee engagment are tied up in one fairly easy to use platform. From engagement surveys, to 360 feedback, performance management, one on ones, employee recognition, goals/OKRs, and employee growth plans. Lattice is able to fit all of these into one platform which makes employees, managers, and executives jobs simpler to manage!

Cons

The interface is not always intuitive to use. Employees are constantly asking how to get places or how to do certain things. As an administrator I am often left unsure how to tell employees how to do things as they show up differently on the admin dashboard from the employee dashboard. The analytics on pulse surveys is not great either. It makes actionable steps from feedback difficult to find.

Reasons for choosing Lattice

Lattice seemed to have more functionality and ran performance reviews more similarly to how our company wanted them to be run. The calibration feature in performance reviews was a huge selling point.

Reasons for switching to Lattice

Combining multiple platforms into one.

Worst software I've ever been forced to use

Painful.

Pros

Nothing. It's a random collection of ill-thought through concepts.

Cons

Using this software requires knowledge of "tricks" in order to do the most basic things. Accessing and editing OKRs requires knowledge of "easter eggs" in order to find screens that allow basic aspects of them to be edited. This product seems to be a collection of disjointed attempts to provide functionality - no doubt the result of "pure agile" software development with no design or upfront thought. It's a worst-of-both-worlds mix of static web-1.0 with annoying highly sparse UI design.

Forced by HR.

Chuck

August 2022

Lattice - A Must Have for a Transparent Work Environment

My experience has been nothing short of amazing. At a previous job, we used Exxcel or paper/pencil. Having the ability to look backwards really motivates me to do better at my job each day.

Pros

Weekly tracking for my 1 on 1's and the ability to share when someone else does an amazing job. The integration with Slack is key as well.

Cons

It would be nice to track improvement over a specific period of time. You can get this information, but seeing it in a graph would be even better.

Jessica

Easy performance management

Pros

On the administrative side, the review cycle is easy to create. The steps are pretty straightforward and changes can easily be done. The tool is quite customizable. Reminders can be easily sent, re-opening, and closing the cycle as well. Our employees also find it really easy to use on the user side.

Cons

In different languages, we would need to be able to switch the language in french for the tool but this is not yet available

Bartholomew

Phenomenal Data

Pros

The richness of the data is a game changer. We use this data to do much more accurate targeting of potential customers, to decrease the length of the sales cycle and the quantity of pipeline generation required to find a customer that is likely to buy.

Cons

Throwing someone into the system without training and having them set themselves up (referring to managers) has been challenging for them - but having the option to utilize the account manager has been helpful.

Nhan

Good app to keep track on goals and 1:1

Pros

It helps align the team effort with company goals. It helps me to keep up with the 1:1 meetings and feedback from managers. The system helps members and management with a clear roadmap for future goals.

Cons

The UI is confusing for some features, I spent a lot of time just to find my team's OKR.

José Luis

September 2022

It's a nice tool to measure how people feel

This tool works awesome with Slack. It's a game changes for many companies that want to work on retention and keeping employees happy

Pros

Easy to plan 1:1 meetings with your managers Weekly questionnaire which is shared via Slack to assess how the team feels about the company You can track career objectives Easy to provide feedback to teammates

Cons

I don't think there is something I dislike about lattice, it's not a really intrusive tool but if you have an action item you need to attend, Lattice will make sure of reminding you.

Caleb

Lattice - Pulse Check Your Team

Pros

I like Lattice, but I am not a huge fan of feedback HR software in general. It does allow my manager and I to keep our 1:1s more productive and give general feedback.

Cons

There aren't any real "cons" with Lattice. It is just something you have to keep up with depending on how involved your company is with it.

unsure.

Robin

A fantastic performance management tool

We love Lattice. They continue to make great improvements and the tools keeps getting better and better! The performance review process is great and very customizable. The engagement survey's provide us with really great feedback and insights. We are also really looking forward to the implementing of Lattice Grow to help provide career pathing for our employees.

Pros

Lattice makes managing various aspects of the performance management process. Engagement survey's are easy to create and they provide us with really great insights into the pulse of our organization.

Cons

I am looking forward to product improvements around managing OKRs specifically reporting on them. There isn't an easy way to provide an overview of the OKRs as a whole when reviewing in a meeting.

Reasons for choosing Lattice

We were looking for a product that supported OKRs and Lattice did a really good job of this.

Allie

Great for the workplace!

Being able to easily track my goal, as well as the progress of my goal, has made it very easy to reach it and stay organized

Pros

Lattice allows me to easily set my goals and track my progress! It also makes it easy to set up time with my manager, and give and receive feedback! It's a great program for the workplace!

Cons

Overall, I have not noticed any issues with the software. It is pretty straight forward.

Heather

Industry: Music

The Absolute Best Performance Management Software Period

It's been absolutely amazing! Prior to Lattice, we were using fillable PDF's! No one ever read those and they were a means to an end until we found something like Lattice. One other wonderful feature is being able to upload those PDF's as historical reviews that both employees and managers can view. Additionally, if someone switches to a new manager, their previous performance reviews follow them so that the new manager can view as well. :)

Pros

I love literally everything about Lattice. It's intuitive, it's easy to navigate, the platform is wonderful, the customer support is amazing, the Help Chat with real live people is incredibly useful... It's obvious to me that someone with vast HR experience was involved in the design of this platform. The 1:1 feature is incredible as well! I love how Action Items and Agenda Items roll over to the next 1:1. And the Slack/Lattice integration for receiving and giving feedback is fantastic! I love having a Slack channel to post about things employees have done that deserves recognition and having it automatically go into the Feedback section of Lattice for that employee! Also, giving feedback in Lattice directly feeds into our Slack channel!

Cons

Honestly, nothing. At least not so far. We just started utilizing it and I'll update my review if I come across any cons, but as for now, it's fantastic! 10/10!

Like BambooHR, but Better for Updates and 1 on 1

Pros

Our organization recently started using Lattice to track feedback (great feature), 1 on 1s and weekly updates (after previously relying on a variety of other solutions like Asana or a Google Doc) and I’ve enjoyed the switch. The fact that unresolved talking points or objectives automatically roll into following 1 on 1’s seems so simple but in my opinion is a real game changer (nothing ever get missed week to week). We will soon be rolling out performance management (currently handled by BambooHR) and career growth and I’m looking forward to taking advantage of those features.

Cons

I did find jumping between updates and 1 on 1s a bit clunky at times. The UI/UX for that experience specifically could be improved.

Aaron

Clunky, hard to use software for small teams/orgs

Pros

Looks good on the surface, allows organising an individual view, team view and company view to try and provide a link between your work and the company's overall goal

Cons

Lattice was implemented in my organisation and it's incredibly difficult to use. It has been setup for a wide range of usage from company wide to individual tracking for OKRs, weekly/daily goals, and team management, however it has the following drawbacks: - incredibly hard to use to do basic things. e.g. Trying to find my team member's one on one notes is hard as it defaults to my up level manager. - OKR tracking performance is clunky when using it for individuals and cross functional teams - it allows too much functionality for it's own good (e.g. incremental tracking by percent can result in goals exceeding 100%).

SHKELZEN

Best performance management tool I'v used!

It has been great since deployed on my company, nothing but great experience it needs a bit of training for the first time users, mostly those that have never had experience with performance management plus that it let's you customize the items that the performance will be based on. Great !

Pros

The ability of adding the goals of my team and the automated tracking makes my work so much easier. I used to calculate the goals and the achieved percentages all manually before .

Cons

Nothing that I don't like about it, it keeps me organized plus that it saves me a lot of time.

Pauline

Great features but sometimes difficult to find things

It's nice to have everything in one place, especially the 1:1s.

Pros

Everything is at the same place: 1:1s, quarterly and annual reviews, and peers feedback. Overall a nice product.

Cons

It's sometimes difficult to find all the information when filling in some reviews. When an employee switches from a team to another, the new manager has access to all the employee's past reviews but the former manager loses everything so there's no 'transitioning period' where both the former and the new manager could have access to the past reviews for a limited time. OKRs are difficult to manage in Lattice.

Kyle

Reviews finally not a pain

Pros

Finally, an easy, straight forward way to handle the reviews and 1:1's with your employees.

Cons

Some little UI bugs.. like missing the ability to cancel meetings once they are created and etc.

Jose F.