What are Leave Dates users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Leave Dates software through verified user reviews

• icon"So easy to use and setup and extremely cost effective in managing holidays and absenteeism."
  • icon"Accessibility of viewing both my dates as well as my colleges dates off is great, it is easy to use and request time as well."
  • icon"I like that there is a community of other users of the software that help contribute to new feature ideas that the whole community can benefit from."
  • icon"It has some trouble scheduling time off in the middle of the day, say the last 1/2 of a day. Some times it takes many attempts to make the time correct."
  • icon"There is no option of putting flexible hours for eg - I shall be working from this much time to this much time. Instead I have to put that under Client work schedule."
  • icon"Very frustrating, especially if there's alerts associated."

Browse all Leave Dates Reviews

• Have you used Leave Dates and would like to share your experience with others?

Zahra

Excellent HR Tool for Leave Management

The idea of having 5 users use it for free is just right. The mobile apps are as easy to use as the dashboard. Once I booked the demo and got started, it was all easy from then on. The demo helped me understand how features worked. Setting it up became very easy hence, and I was able to get my employees to begin using it asap. I really a needed a system which would help me manage the leaves of employees in our company.

Pros

Minimalist design and easy to use features + the mobile apps. I love it all

Cons

None as of now, but maybe if down the road I find any, i'll bring it up.

Reasons for choosing Leave Dates

Leave Dates is a much cheaper and cooler solution I think.

Reasons for switching to Leave Dates

LeaveBoard refused to give a demo even though i just needed some more help. They sent me video to watch which was quite painful and slow. LeaveBoard doesnt have mobile app as well, so i left it as is.

Megan

Easy to Use and Track

I have really enjoyed using Leave Dates. I can add in my days off from anywhere, and the mobile app is a nice bonus! I love the ease of tracking and the summary at a glance.

Pros

I love how quick and easy it is to put in my time off dates, and I love being able to go back and see my previous time off at a glance. It's also great having your overall summary off to the side, so I always know how much time I have off, even if I haven't taken the day yet. It has also been great being able to see my coworkers time off, so I can easily coordinate my day(s) off based on their time off.

Cons

The one thing I would say is sometimes the overall appearance of the Wall Chart can be overwhelming to look at and I don't understand why when your off a full day, the black dot only covers half of the day. I think that would help visually, but other than that I love using it.

Reasons for switching to Leave Dates

I did not personally make the switch, but my manager did after it ended up just not working. I believe we switched after it kept getting stuck on the same month and not changing.

Shuhebur

The Honest Review

Pros

It is easily accessible and quick to use.

Cons

There should be more options for when you are unable to come to work.

Emmet

Simple and functional

Fantatsic Couldn't complain at all. We are new customers but based on our experience so far I can see us being long-term ones. As I mention previously in my review, the product is superb but it's also worth mentioning the excellent support we have received. It's always prompt and every informative and it absolutely contributed to our decision to adopt Leave Dates as well as our success deploying it to date.

Pros

The simplicity of the entire system The system as a whole is very simple to navigate and use. It doesn't try and do more than what it needs to do so there are no complex layers to try and find your way around. Everything is so streamlined it makes it easy to learn and therefore deploy. We recently moved from an analogue leave diary for 12 staff to Leave Dates and despite the initial hesitations (due to some staff uncertainty around using a computer) everyone is fully on board having seen the system in action.

Cons

Would have liked to see a few more options with leave types This is a "criticism" very specific to our needs but being able to default certain leave types to certain days of the week would have been great for us. We also were trying to prevent leave being booked on days the business is closed, simply to minimise booking errors but found a simple enough work-around.

Reasons for choosing Leave Dates

Simplicity - the system meets all our needs without being complicated Pricing - excellent value for money Support - it's prompt and detailed, but delivered in a easy-to-understand way

Response from Norton Five

Hi Emmet, thank you for taking the team to write this review. It is so nice to hear from happy customers like you.

Vicky

Great tool

We needed something very simple to keep track of our small team's leave requests, approvals & allowance. Leave Dates absolutely did the job. Very simple to understand, the free version has everything we need so far and it's good to know that it will be pretty cheap to upgrade as & when we need to.

Pros

Easy to view & understand annual leave Can track TOIL

Cons

No issues so far Had to persuade team that this would be a simpler solution than using a spreadsheet - which it is!

Reasons for choosing Leave Dates

Using this software is much simpler than tracking holidays on spreadsheets

Cheryl

Industry: Publishing

Time Saver product

Leave Dates has moved us from a manual system to a more readily accessible and understandable more automated, customizable process.

Pros

The Leave Dates software has lifted a lot of the burden of manually tracking time off by staff. Staff can quickly submit their requests for time off. It was easy for staff to self-educate (for the most part) on how it works. Response from support staff has been excellent.

Cons

Educating our staff how to book off part days or just hours - but that is coming along. For recording Stat days worked, I was having problems making notes, but have since received assistance from support staff. Getting our Managers to review requests for leave as the requests get buried in their email system.

Reasons for choosing Leave Dates

After several days of trying to customize Power Apps to our situation, finding Leave Dates was a breath of fresh air. There was no question after that of using Leave Dates.

Reasons for switching to Leave Dates

The ease with which we could track leave and also the ease of importing data. Cost was also a factor - it is more cost effective to use this system than manually manipulating data.

Response from Norton Five

Hi Cheryl, we're so pleased to hear that you're happy with the product and support. You may find that our mobile apps would help your managers avoid the dreaded email problem as they will get push notifications of new approval requests which they can deal with on the go.

Edouard

Beautiful wall chart, super intuitive staff scheduler app

Our firm was looking for an app that could visually show the location of each team member initially. What we found in LeaveDates was a vacation and leave tracker with approver capabilities and which we now also use to show which staff member is working on which project (lite version of a Gantt chart). Good ye Excel tables thank you LeaveDates! Excellent app and best value I found on a user/month cost basis.

Pros

- Wall chart is beautiful and information rich - admin panel and approver mgmt user interface are simple and clear - generating reports is quick and effective - customer support has been excellent, the designer team even added a feature I requested within 5 days of my ask - so useful, our firm uses it for both leaves and project assignments - great android iOs app available with most features available for free - stat holidays built-in for all countries - fully customizable leave types and allowances per types - schedule can be edited up to the hour

Cons

- no print option for wall chart - staff can edit or remove time entries once they are approved with no further request or approval

Reasons for choosing Leave Dates

- wall chart - gorgeous colors - ease of use - ease of implementation - seamless communication with support team - excellent mobile companion app - not overly complicated like most apps I tried

Response from Norton Five

Hey Edouard, we love the way you guys have embraced Leave Dates for all your scheduling needs. Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review and please do keep the new ideas coming in.

karl

review-1

Pros

the app and the ease of use. also like that there's a record of time requested.

Cons

it does not sync well with iCal... instead of a single event that covers a range of dates, it shows an individual event for every day of the time off. very frustrating, especially if there's alerts associated.

too expensive

Pankti

Best planning tool

It is amazing planning tool and very user friendly.

Pros

1. Dashboard where you can see yourself and your peers where they are scheduled and if they are on leave or not.

Cons

1.There is no option of putting flexible hours for eg - I shall be working from this much time to this much time. instead I have to put that under Client work schedule.

Simon

Leave Dates for annual leave management

Implementing Leave Dates has streamlined our manual leave management processes and enabled employees and approvers to request and accept leave instantly.

Pros

The wallchart feature is great and I like the automated carry-over settings to specify how much leave should carry over from one year to the next at the end of the calendar year. I like that there is a community of other users of the software that help contribute to new feature ideas that the whole community can benefit from.

Cons

I can't think of any improvements to recommend.

Elaine

Industry: Security and Investigations

Leave Dates for small business

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is super, helped us deploy very successfully and has worked with us on some other ideas we have to HR admin

Pros

We moved from excel based leave tracking to leave dates portal and app for end users. App was a game changer for us as we have 20 field based employees around the country and they have ease of access to their allowance, requests etc

Cons

None, it does exactly as required for tracking all types of leave/absence

Reasons for choosing Leave Dates

price, ease of use and availability of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for support. Other companys took days to fully respond to queries where as Leave Dates were asked/answered with ease and expertise.

Emma

Excellent System exactly what we needed

Love the system, we are a Charity with a small amount of people but when I joint there was no holiday authorisation, good recording of holidays taken or what was left to take, they had a very complicated system until I found Leave dates, now its a lot more clearer for all staff and heads a like.

Pros

How easy it is to use, very visible for heads of departments to manage their staff.

Cons

Customisable Reports, sometimes the standard ones are just a little to restrictive for what we need. Toil is a little complicated to get you head around.

Reasons for choosing Leave Dates

There was no other systems that I was looking at, the charity needed to look for a solution that was economical but really did the job, but not undervaluing what the system was designed for.

Rachel

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Easy to use and understand

Leave Dates allows me and my colleagues to easily communicate and coordinate our time off, can't ask for anything else

Pros

Accessibility of viewing both my dates as well as my colleges dates off is great, it is easy to use and request time as well. The dates I submit instantly show up, which is surprisingly something I haven't found in other companies.

Cons

It would be great to have a calendar view of all the employees time off instead of the grid view, sometimes UTO is counted as Regular days off

Carl

Industry: Utilities

Excellent Product

I cannot recommend this enough.

Pros

Cons

Cant pick any faults real as so easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Leave Dates

Cost and could no align holidays to employee start dates

Luis

You are on the right track with this

We had the problem of not knowing who's online and who's offline. with remote teams around the world, we have a hard time keeping track of time offs.

Pros

Ease and straight to the point. It helps everyone know who's going to be in the office and who's away for the day and upcoming days.

Cons

As approver of time off, most of the email communication goes straight to junk mail. Sometimes people don't take their well deserved days off because it wasn't approved on time. It creates resentment from the team towards who approves them. It would be nice to get a notification other than email (I receive about 60 emails a day). Integration with Outlook calendars to set an "Out of the office" automatically is must needed as well.

Response from Norton Five

Thank you for your positive review Luis. We're sorry to hear that the email notifications are going to your junk mail, it may be worth whitelisting our domain name. Alternatively, you can also receive push notifications for requests and approvals using our mobile app on Android or iOS.

Replied December 2019

Elyse

A great tool to help me manage the office

Leave Dates has allowed me to better manage my planning for my fieldwork engagements. Also, it helps me schedule in-house office mandates as it permits me to see who is available to take on more work. I would highly recommend this website!

Pros

I like the table aspect that allows me to see which of my colleagues are in the office and who is not in the office, and what is the reason for their absence.

Cons

On the mobile application of LeaveDates, I sometimes find that the dates appearing are incorrect. I would also increase the possibility of time increments to ensure additional precision.

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Just what we were looking for

It has been fantastic, we were using an excel spreadsheet before and this has made my role so much easier and all our users like Leave Dates as well. It looks great and it is easy to use. If there are any problems [Sensitive content hidden] at Leave Dates replies and fixes really quickly - or explains how I am doing wrong!

Pros

The Next 7 Days feature is great and something I refer to every day

Cons

Some functions are a little clunky like scrolling through the months or removing/swapping a working from home day or similar when all future dates need changing too.

sarah

Answer to our Holiday admin nightmare!

Our business is growing and had got to the stage where an Excel spreadsheet to track holiday was impossible. We needed something that was inexpensive, simple and easy to use that worked across multiple sites. Leave dates has been the answer for us.

Pros

It is simple, easy to use and administer. No training was required for administration or for users. Simple to set up users. Can easily see for each employee on a year's calendar what they have, what's booked, taken and left to book.

Cons

When setting up the next holiday year it does not pull through previous year holiday entitlements so have to re input for each employee Reporting could be better - ability to see all employee leave together on 1 screen for a month/2months/year, or look at just a few employees at once in calendar format for set periods.

S E

Leaves Dates - simple and easy to use

my colleagues are all happy with the system. we had changed from a sophisticated system to this.

Pros

simple and easy to use for senior citizen who is not savvy with IT skills

Cons

its is uncomplicated so easy to use - cannot find the reason not to like it

as above

limited usage and could not enter leave in advance ie 12 months ago

Alberto

Excellent software

Pros

I love how easy it is to use the interface and request time off. I also love how you have the ability to view who has taken a day off or who is not in the office and for what reason.

Cons

Sometimes viewing the month gets a little complicated as you are presented with an entire month's requested time off. It would be better if you can have the option to view week by week, rather than the entire month.

Response from Norton Five

Hi Alberto, thank you so much for such a great review. We are working really hard to give our customers the best experience and it's lovely to see positive reviews like this. Next time you log in, please try out the week view of the wall chart by clicking the Week filter just above it; we think you'll like it.

Rose

Outstanding!!!!

Pros

Simplify, functionality, caters for most SMEs and top notch after sales support especially to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who always responds promptly and effeciently.

Cons

Possibility to limit leave taken with pro rata leave balance

Shelley

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Easy to coordinate!

I like it.

Pros

Leave dates makes it easy to coordinate our management team's time off. No more guessing!

Cons

Combines unpaid time off with paid time off-not sure what is going on with that.

AYOBAMI

Excellent App for Human Resource management

Pros

easy to use, user friendly and ability to monitor your human resource on the go

Cons

Nothing. its an excellet app for Human resource management

Reasons for switching to Leave Dates

leave dates is more friendly and easy to use

Robert

Industry: Environmental Services

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great functionality

We used to use Excel spreadsheets to track employee leave and time off. This simplifies the process for all parties.

Pros

It is very easy to use for both staff booking leave and for management/HR to track and approve leave and to monitor other time off.

Cons

Nothing - it does everything that we need it to do.

Reasons for choosing Leave Dates

Ease of use and the free version does everything we need it to do.

Helen

Great for managing our teams anual leave

We're able to arrange events and business meetings in advance and plan our schedules around the leave of colleagues without hesitation regarding availability. We've been better able to track the holiday allowance for each staff member.

Pros

We're only a small team, but with so many plates to juggle it's useful to be able to see at any give time who will be available and on site throughout the coming weeks and months. It's also been helpful in tracking the holiday allowance for each staff member.

Cons

public holidays for future years don't seem to show up on our platform - but this may be a set up issue at our end

Reasons for choosing Leave Dates

we didn't need a full HR package just yet, this platform was simple and easy to set up and use for all team members.

Response from Norton Five

Thank you for this fantastic review Helen. I'd love to help you get your public holidays aligned, let's have a quick call to sort it out for you. Please book a convenient time to do this here https://calendly.com/leavedates/30min

Leave Dates