All LinkedIn Jobs Reviews

Anjan

Management Consulting, 11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2021

Dynamic application that is simple to use

Beau

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great For Established Professionals

Honestly, LinkedIn jobs has been one of the more useful software for jobs searching in my experience. The emails come in very clean and organized. Other job searching software send an army of emails your way with unwanted career advice and tips. LinkedIn Jobs just sends you jobs, which is nice.

PROS

This software give me emails everyday with jobs that I would not have otherwise heard of if it were not for LinkedIn Jobs. The customization for job search optimization is a nice touch, especially for the automated emails.

CONS

I dislike how LinkedIn Jobs does not send many entry-level jobs. It seems as if LinkedIn Jobs focuses more on established professionals than students fresh out of college.

Reasons for switching to LinkedIn Jobs

ZipRecruiter kept sending irrelevant emails which was extremely frustrating since I did not want to unsubscribe from the useful emails and had to spend time deleting the others.

Jason

Construction, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2019

The best job posting software for small business

Linkedin jobs helped us find our last 3 technicians and installers. We were able to weed out the applicants that did not meet our criteria as well as view job history to make proper determinations. The number of potential employees was astounding compared to other software and websites we used in the past for hiring.

PROS

Linked in comes with pre-populated job templates that make job posting super-efficient. You are able to filter for applicants that meet your exact criteria, as well as auto-reject those who do not so you or an employee are not wasting time reviewing the wrong applicant.

CONS

You pay for results, meaning when someone clikc on your job you are charged. If the job description and qualifications are not set up precisely you can pay for views from unqualified applicants.

Reason for choosing LinkedIn Jobs

linked in seemed to be a better value due to the parameters we could input for potential employee qualifications.

Reasons for switching to LinkedIn Jobs

with linked in we felt like we were getting true professionals applying for our job postings.

Edward

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2019

Good points and bad points of recruitment

There can be no doubt that this profile-based job alert system is pretty good. The one-click application process is a bonus. Sometimes, however, all you receive is an automated acknowledgement from the recruiter, not necessarily the fault of LinkedIn, but perhaps they (LinkedIn) ought to force ALL recruiters to actually formalise a rejection so at least you know where you stand.

PROS

Possibly the strongest point in favour of LinkedIn Jobs is the fact that when you indicate you are looking for a job, you are fed relevant jobs based on your profile without being plagued by irrelevant jobs from fishing recruitment consultants. There can be no doubt that in terms of relevancy, LinkedIn tends to be more "transparent" than the average aggregate job site because more jobs pro-rate are placed directly by the actual recruiters rather than commissioned intermediaries. The fact that your job seeking is based on your public profile is of benefit to both you as the user and to recruiters out there - assuming there is honesty on both parties! It is also helped by the fact that direct-recruiters seem to have made a LinkedIn profile part of their recruitment requirements, which reinforces the usefulness of LinkedIn Jobs, and you can rely on the fact that unless you see otherwise (often rather obvious from any job advertisements), most positions will be genuine, as it is easy to see which are direct opportunities, and which are through (dreaded) third parties who may be on a fishing expedition. The process of completing your job profile couldn't really be simpler, and it does encourage you, because your peers will be present and will often see your profile, of being honest and open, which is not a bad thing.

CONS

Once the "good and the great" recruitment consultants start posting jobs for their "leading clients", many of which are neither leading nor in fact often even their actual clients, usability and transparency dips dramatically. The downside might be that you do not necessarily wish your public LinkedIn profile to say you are actively job hunting. Also, the fact that "busy" HR people are too often self-importantly "too busy" to perform the simple process of tracking and reporting back a rejection, if only out of simple courtesy and good manners, so the oneness is on you to remember that "if you don't hear back within 10 days you can assume they are not taking your application any further". However, in fairness, this new-found lack of courtesy is part of the problem with modern HR and no necessarily with LinkedIn

Shola

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2023

A review of LinkedIn

It is very satisfactory. I have had up to four jobs through the LinkedIn platform. So I am very happy.

PROS

I am attracted to the job board on LinkedIn because they have outstanding opportunities there.

CONS

I do not like the fact that I have subscribe to their services before they can allow me to interact with employers.

Ruby

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

One of the best portals to search jobs all over the world.

It has been amazing so far and has landed me a job with my current company.

PROS

You can find jobs suitable for your profile from all over the world. It is very easy to use and send recommendations according to your previous searches and settings. LinkedIn Job Search is an amazing way to connect to your recruiters, send them messages and apply directly through your linked in profile.

CONS

Sometimes the jobs it shows are not relevant according to the profile.

Reason for choosing LinkedIn Jobs

Because you can directly communicate with your connections and apply through your linked in profile.

Reasons for switching to LinkedIn Jobs

It is more professional and concise.

Dustin

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Linkedin Review

The LinkedIn Jobs app overall has been quite amazing, So far the software is better that it's competitors. With the e-learning additive, they have did a number of great things for me in my job search.

PROS

The LinkedIn app is very resourceful! The app not only gives you a search engine to help find a job geared towards your expertise; but it also gives you the skills and training courses accredited through e-learning services to better advance your career. How cool is that, right?

CONS

If I had to list things that would be a downfall for Linkedin, I would say there's not anything I could list. All of my encounters have been that of great insight for getting a job.

Reasons for switching to LinkedIn Jobs

Indeed did not have the e-learning which was mostly needed for me to better myself in my skills for a brighter future.

John N.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Everyone Should Have a LinkedIn Account

I like this platform and will continue to use it.

PROS

I like that this is a place you can create a virtual resume and show your value. Instead of having to look for a job, others should be looking through LinkedIn for talent.

CONS

I think for this program to really be effective, you have to be extremely active and post constantly to appear in other people's searches.

Reasons for switching to LinkedIn Jobs

Monster seems outdated and not used by as many companies any more.

Muhammad

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Find your best employer and employee

the no 1 website for recruitment link all best with the best

PROS

you can easy search for job and easy find your best employee in this website writing your CV and simply apply for job yo can also write your vacant ad and quickly published and reach your goal categories of job make it easy to find what you want and link you in your teammates can see your profile and recommend you for a job your supervisors can also write recommendation Letter it will take very long time to cover advantages of linked in finally I can say it the best of jobs websites

CONS

noting really it is the perfect website in this field with out any competitors I have used it years ago but it is the best

Reasons for switching to LinkedIn Jobs

linked in is more organized than others websites

Sanjay

Internet, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2021

Best Job Hunting Platform

Professional networking ensures a satisfactory result. Job searches are simple to use and can be done from anywhere. Job tracking is convenient. Enough to create a lovely profile and a very professional dashboard or profile

PROS

Job postings on LinkedIn were exceptionally quick and up-to-date. I found a lot of virtual employment options on LinkedIn, and I've had a lot of fun looking for work. Another feature that I really like is the quick apply tool, which eliminates the need to send a fresh resume every time you apply for new employment.

CONS

It's Quite Expensensive for individual users, Only a few companies enable Easy to apply which is a good feature want to make it mandatory for ease of application.

Reasons for switching to LinkedIn Jobs

Not Efficient and getting spam Emails and calls after registering.

Kgaugelo

Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2021

LinkedIn Jobs Review

I highly recommend LinkedIn for business owners looking for workers because of the great network of talent available. I believe it has the most job posting because I receive emails almost everyday about new jobs in the market.

PROS

You can post a job for free. This helps one test the product before committing. You get applicants fast. This is because LinkedIn has a large network of people and talent.

CONS

LinkedIn has been a very useful software for job searching and talent searching so right now I'm not sure about what I like least.

Reason for choosing LinkedIn Jobs

LinkedIn is more professional and allows engagement with applicants and job board. It's not a place only for job postings but you can network there as well.

Reviewed February 2020

Connect for a Career

Although I have never applied for a job through LinkedIn Jobs, I have referred many individuals to apply through this software, and I know many that have received internship and full time job offers through this.

PROS

LinkedIn jobs feels more interactive, because not only are you applying to jobs, but you are able to network with other individuals who may already be in the field or be interested in the same things. Your connections can share a job on their timeline, and you may come across a great opportunity that way. Direct Messaging these job offers can also help individual network with each other by connecting individuals with opportunities they may see another as a great fit for.

CONS

I don't have much negative to say. I can say that seeing salary ranges would be a great thing to have as a transparency add-on, but that is more a reflection of the companies that are posting the job postings, not LinkedIn itself.

Reasons for switching to LinkedIn Jobs

I was already a user on LinkedIn, and as I began perusing the site I saw all the job listings and thought this was incredible.

Fabjon

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

One of the best Softwares to search for jobs

Overall great experience, when I apply for a job, I always hear back from the person or profile who posted the job.

PROS

The fact that is connected with LinkedIn makes the setup process extremely easy since you do not have to put all your skills, job exp and education or your Resume all over again. Also, it does not send you a countless number of useless notifications. And job notifications you get are always related to your background and mostly your location(this also depends on your profile settings).

CONS

Overall it is very good, but the UI and UX may need some improvements and also would be great if every job posted would have the option of Ease Apply with LinkedIn, even though I know that this depends on the person or profile who posted the job.

Reasons for switching to LinkedIn Jobs

Indeed keeps sending notification about jobs which in most of the cases are not related with my background or my location.

Omar

Human Resources, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2019

LinkedIn Jobs

I enjoy LinkedIn. It keeps me up to date on my netwroks and the movements within it.

PROS

The software allows you to see how many people have applied to the job - understand competition. You also can go directly to the website to apply directly with the company

CONS

It tells you how many have viewed or applied for jobs. Discouraging the user to not apply.

Reason for choosing LinkedIn Jobs

People are updating their background, certs and qualifications and you can see it in realtime. You can see who is active in the free market. Also, you can tell they are passionate by just getting on to their profile and viewing their creativity, there profile layout, etc

Reasons for switching to LinkedIn Jobs

Updated technology. The fact you can see candidates before interviewing.

Reviewed June 2019

Publish your professional profile online

As a journalist currently working on the promotion of travel packages for a travel agency, this tool is really useful for general confidence in my clients, since they can verify my professional profile and thus verify through the internet that I am a real person and committed to my work, also the company for which I work through this software makes exhibitions about our mission and vision, together with the promoted service (tour packages) online and without any problems. With this platform I have also been able to get jobs and work independently as a Community Manager for different brands of small business products. Besides that it has allowed me to contact many colleagues who have fed me with important information. I am clear that we are a completely competitive world so I try to focus a bit on how to prepare my profile by focusing on the questions of why you should choose me or my company and always showing my product or service to get attention and get good results. Definitely I think that for any trained person of any branch or specialization you should use LinkedIn Jobs for your professional development.

PROS

I really like LinkedIn Jobs because it has become a professional network, which has allowed me to publicize my resume digitally anywhere in the world, keeping my profile active for any business opportunity that may arise, this I do this because many companies can generate employment opportunities using this platform as a recruiting system, which can be located immediately or be recommended by other contacts, in addition to allowing direct contact with leaders or managers of any organization without the need to use intermediaries I can also find any professional and especially colleagues, facilitating the exchange of information through groups, helping me to clarify any doubts that concern me or participate in the different courses or forums of my specialty, for us journalists networking is essential to achieve our work objectives since the news arrive directly and without any type of censorship, in my case it generates confidence for my clients when I carry out the marketing of my tour packages.

CONS

What I do not like is that it generates a little distrust in terms of security. Because when you work publicly with real personal information, we are exposed to that information can also be used for bad deeds such as defamation or identity theft, so it is advisable to be alert to any alarm that may arise, as it is a very delicate subject.

Wobe Muki Marguerite

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

The best Job search and productivity platform ever

I love this platform, it has been and is a great tool for a better working and productive professional career.

PROS

The best application regarding social networks. Apart from being very user friendly, here are points that makes me so like this unique application: - LinkedIn Jobs create real business networks with similar interests: Because of LinkedIn Jobs, I have been able to link up with people with similar interests and from there I have had several opportunities to learn from this networks and encouraged to upgrade my profile by working hard. Also, LinkedIn Jobs gave me the opportunity to follow "my dream company" and experts in my field, from here I have had updates on what is happening in the industry, new technologies/their relevance and how to implement them. - With LinkedIn Jobs, learning is round the clock: From the networks and companies I follow, I have had the possibility to attend free educational conferences, discussion sessions with good companies and professionals in the field. Not forgetting great articles available to read. - This platform has created a great way for me to stay in touch with old and new coworkers!! -I do appreciate the notification functionality because it gives up to date on happenings about my networks, who viewed my profile (profile impact) and available jobs with regards to my interest - One thing I also love about this platform is they are very vigilant and eager to resolve any issues or inculcate new suggestions (works continuously on improving and updating the platform for user accessibility). - Possibilities to have instant chats with networks

CONS

-The white and blue colors for the platform is amazing but not as good at night. If a night vision is possible then it will be great!!!

Reviewed July 2018

Allows you to browse thousands of jobs with ease

Apply to many different jobs and search for jobs from one central location, narrow down my search results to find jobs that match my skills and experience, connect with individuals such as recruiters, ability to apply to jobs without leaving the website, ability to save job descriptions.

PROS

I love the layout of LinkedIn jobs. The filter tools and search tools allow me to narrow down jobs to my industry of interest, location, experience level, and date posted. This is incredibly important to me because it makes sure I use my time job searching effectively. I also enjoy how LinkedIn provides several jobs that I may already be interested in. This saves some time in my search, and aggregates ones that may match my background. Perhaps my favorite feature, however, is EasyApply. This feature allows me to apply to a job with just a few clicks of my mouse. It can be very tiresome to have to go to individual websites to apply to jobs, upload resumes and cover letters, and fill out basic information time and time again. With EasyApply, the hassle is taken out, and you can apply in a few clicks.

CONS

One thing that I wish LinkedIn Jobs works on is the "Date Posted" feature. I wish there was a feature that allowed me to input a specific date posted, or specific range. While within the past month, week, or day are useful, sometimes I want to search within the past three days or five days. Also, although I believe this is attributable to the job poster, sometimes the experience level for jobs does not match the job description. At times, I will see jobs marked "entry level" with a description that says candidates must have 5+ years of experience. I think this would be an easy fix with some type of algorithm to scan the job posting, however.

Hiran

Oil & Energy, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2021

A platform where job seeker can meet a professionals from all over the world.

A professional platform for professionals and job seekers with good community guidelines and policy.

PROS

This platform is more authentic and genuine for both job seeker and employer. This platform is available on the website and the mobile app version. The user of LinkedIn can able to endorse the skills of another user which add value to their profile. Various skills are available for the user to learn which add value to the career. The user can create a professional LinkedIn profile by uploading a resume and providing details regarding education, work history, Area of interests, projects and many more. In my network option on can monitor the connection with other users. In jobs option, the user can set the job search with various filter option according to their interest and notification will be sent via email to the user when new job alert is set for particular interests. LinkedIn notifies the user when some other user viewed our profile and shows their name.

CONS

There are many options for the job seeker to message recruitment team but it is available in the premium version. LinkedIn would have provided a more flexible subscription plan for job seekers. Support team need to improve the response time.

Austin