Mitrefinch

Mitrefinch Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I like the flexibility, the broad scope, and the integration."
  • icon"Use of template section is really good as well. Support are always quick and helpful."
  • icon"The service is excellent. If I need any help they are available and helpful."
  • icon"The reporting features are terrible. If I need to run a report for myself in HR I always need assistance about which report to run and how to exactly do it."
  • icon"Since her departure, the work she started seems to have stopped and service has gone back to as before. Recent upgrades have failed due to insufficient / missing documentation from Mitrefinch."
  • icon"Helpdesk service is generally poor - we can provide details on request."

Browse all Mitrefinch Reviews

• Have you used Mitrefinch and would like to share your experience with others?

Barry

Industry: Food Production

Mitrefinch

We have had a positive experience using Mitrefinch software. Where issues do arise we have found their support to be very helpful.

Pros

We use Mitrefinch Access Control, Time and Attendance and HR modules across three business locations. The software & access control hardware have proven to be very reliable over many years of use. Staff generally access the system via the web portal which provides an intuitive interface.

Cons

We have no real issues to report under the "cons" section. The software does what we need it to do.

Kaysey

ALWAYS great customer support!

Pros

I love the ease of using this product. It is so intuitive but I especially love the great customer support I get when I cannot figure something out. I normally send an email and within an hour or so I get a response or call from their team. On almost every occasion, I've received support from Larry Walsh from the Mitrefinch team. He has always been readily available to assist and is always a pleasure to talk to over the phone! 5 STARS!

Cons

I wish there was additional functionality in the custom reports as we've had trouble at times pulling the information we need. We have always found a work around but it would be nice if reports had additional capabilities or options. For example, when I am looking to pull the remaining balance of vacation for a specific time range. This could not be done. The work around was having to pull it on the specific date. However if we were looking for a specific range from the past this could not be done.

john

Good functionality but poor customer service

The implementation was good and the engineers were very knowledgeable. Initial account management was good. Helpdesk was poor, but improved briefly while [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]was in post. A massive problem occurred with the version 8 upgrade in March 2018, which has affected our overall perception of Mitrefinch. The issue was due to Mitrefinch not acknowledging the bespoke elements of our system. The latest patch upgrade suffered from the exact same issue! This, compounded by the poor helpdesk service leaves us often exacerbated.

Pros

Ability to deal with open finish times and multiple shift patterns. Calculations allows for bespoke business logic without development. Web TMS is good. Has reduced payroll queries. Email encrypted payslips.

Cons

Helpdesk service is generally poor - we can provide details on request. General feeling is that the helpdesk has little knowledge nor confidence to take on the problem and resolve it. System flexibility can be its downfall in that its complex for new users to pick up. Account management has been flaky. We've had three account managers plus sight of a (very good) customer services manager. The latter, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , filled us with some confidence that service would improve - we had a direct line to her and her helpdesk. Since her departure, the work she started seems to have stopped and service has gone back to as before. Recent upgrades have failed due to insufficient / missing documentation from Mitrefinch. The latest upgrade required us to failback, resulting in lost time. Paid for training was insufficient and not compensated.

Rick

Industry: Public Policy

July 2016

Hamilton Police, Ontario, Canada: Experience with Mitrefinch TMS

Pros

Hamilton Police Service was looking for a product that encompassed Manager and Employee web self-service for scheduling and tracking attendance. The product also had to interact with our payroll (Oracle/PeopleSoft) and other necessary applications. Mitrefinch was chosen for its features and price point. This product was able to handle over 100 shift schedule rotations to accommodate our departments. Support has greatly improved in the last year as extra staff was added to the Canadian market. They have always been there in a timely fashion for the few urgent issues we have faced. The software runs in a standard Microsoft environment. No special software was required. All clients use Internet Explorer browser to access the application.

Cons

Documentation of the software is too many releases behind. The report writer is very capable but lacks features expected in today's reporting tools. However, it has never crashed and is very reliable.

We've had TMS for 6 years now, I find it very easy to use

We switched to TMS from another Time and Attendance software that was made solely for Public Safety and did not suit our needs, it was very cumbersome and hard to figure out. TMS was much easier to use and manage.

Pros

We are still on version 7 and have not upgrade to version 8. The software is easy to use, fast, easily customizable, quick to learn, and can integrate with other payroll software

Cons

Sometimes support can be slow, it's gotten better than it used to be. Reporting can be slow as well when done on all employees, we have about 750.

Renya

Very flexible, capable of handling complicated reports, scheduling and accrual rules.

Improved record keeping, and savings from devoting fewer manpower hours to time and attendance

Pros

I like the calc features that let experienced users customize the software for their organization. I also like the fast response of the support team.

Cons

I became the Time and Attendance administrator after it had already been selected and partially setup. I found it challenging to learn how to use all the features of the software - a fully documented users guide for administrators listing all settings and codes in WINTMS would be extremely helpful.

Tamara

May 2016

A title is not required for a survey.

Pros

Windows are easy to navigate through. Able to configure the system to suit individual needs. We have many variables and for the most part, the software is able to accommodate the variety.

Cons

Software has some limitations on how it performs. Must be configured properly from the beginning. System was set up by MitreFinch staff no longer with the company. Recently hired staff find the original set up inefficient. I could not submit this survey without having to type in more information despite clicking on No, thanks, I'm done. Kept circling back.

Melanie

Support experience

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to administrate and eases admin with keeping track of and calculating vacation days, sick days, etc. Mitrefinch overall has awesome support and friendly IT staff. I personally worked with Larry Walsh on the last issue and he was very friendly, personable and knowledgeable about the software.

Cons

The only thing that bothers me is time changes and terminals not always keeping proper time. Sometimes the terminals are 2 to 3 minutes fast.

Tina

Happy Customer

Product is easy to use and fully intergrates with all modules. We have the data base open all day as it is quick easy access to employees personal details.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to fix if errors are made. Reporting is good if after CSV files and data easy to update and find. Use of template section is really good as well. Support are always quick and helpful. Being ablet to custom's fields etc is fantastic.

Cons

Could still be developed further and if the graphs was developed further would be really good. Looking forward to the Dashboard version of the HR Database to come out as this will be better viewing. Sometimes the links between fields in TMS and HR do not work and have to double enter data.

tom

T&T Supermarket

Pros

The user interface was pretty intuitive, so it's relatively easy to learn. The support is very good, with Larry Walsh being able to answer most of my inquiries. The instances where he could not, he would look for help from others and get back to me in a timely fashion.

Cons

There are some idiosyncracies that are kind of odd. There's no training material that actually describes process flows and how data flows from one area to another.

Time used: Free Trial

January 2016

Advance Sytems TMS - Too bad I couldn't give it 6 Stars!

We've now been TMS users for more than a year. We happily renewed our Support Policy just recently, at a very reasonable price. Although we've only had to call Advance one or two times, their response has been phenomenal. Just a few weeks ago, I noticed that calls weren't being updated in TMS. I nearly panicked. I had thought that we had lost a number of days of data. One call to Advance and they were logged into our system and in a matter of less than an hour, data was restored and the system was operational. When I first decided on TMS, about 18 months ago, I was wary that the 'real' costs were going to far in excess of what we were quoted. I thought that we'd be charged for additional seats even though the total numbers we needed stayed constant, just the users changed. However, the only additional charges were when we increased the total number of actual users. And that is a ONE time payment. In addition, Advance put us in touch with a remote call service that was just as upfront as they are. We selected a plan back in the beginning and haven't had to upgrade and/or improve it since. During the selection process I evaluated calling plans that were literally 10X more expensive, each month! There hasn't been an aspect of our implementation that wasn't handled professionally and on time. We even moved to newer servers over the past year and that went so smoothly, we hardly noticed. Advance Systems has been a world class choice for us. Price, performance and support, a 6 star rating doesn't do it justice.

Caroline

Time and Attendance System

The product is very customisable which I believe will suit many organisations. However, as with such time and attendance systems, Higher Manager support and HR policies are critical to the successful implementation. This is the most difficult system I have had to implement not because of the complexity of the software itself, but the resistance from the staff.

Pros

Customisable and good support (yay to your support staff!)

Cons

Complex. May be difficult to support in-house unless you have good, technical IT staff. Providing integration to other Payroll Systems will be useful.

Kaysey

Industry: Philanthropy

Great Customer Support!

Pros

I like that the system is able to capture exactly what we need in our reports. There are also standard reports that have already been created that are also very useful. I also like how intuitive the system is. I would say it is pretty user friendly with the appropriate training.

Cons

The system can sometimes be slow and quirky. I don't like that some of the reports that have been created for us cannot run automatically because they are too large and instead we need to manually select the users in batches.

Carol

2.5

Mitrefinch Ongoing Service

Pros

The software is fairly intuitive and easy to use. There is minimal training required for employees to use the clock.

Cons

Until we were paired with our customer service rep, it was difficult to obtain help and assistance when we needed it.

Melissa

Not Great for TMS software

I would not recommend this product.

Pros

We use Mitrefinsh Time Management Software. It gets the job done through biometric clocks where all employees punch in.

Cons

The reporting features are terrible. If I need to run a report for myself in HR I always need assistance about which report to run and how to exactly do it. It is very confusing and the system has a hard time calculating hours worked for a certain time period.

Sherry

July 2016

Helpful, as usual.

Pros

The day-to-day use of the product is user-friendly and there's no hassle getting support when you need it.

Cons

When setting up reports or permanent changes, it's not so user-friendly. Have to contact support.

Lori

May 2016

Very easy to use software and great customer service

Pros

The customer support is very good. The product can be easily customized to our business needs.

Cons

The back end setup can be very complex at times depending what needs to be done

Stephen

Time used: Free Trial

January 2016

Great product and service

There are many pro's to the product that Advanced System have offered our company. The first being a custom tailored solution to a time capture issue in our industry. We have always had to have our employees hand write their times on cards and the managers would have to manually calculate their time worked in 5 minute increments. Now our employees clock in using their finger and the software captures and calculates time worked. The other top highlight of their product is the ability to hold information in a database setting. Not only does the software capture time, but we are able to store valuable employee information and produce reports that our of great value to our team. The software development team has been outstanding to work with. They have never said 'no' to anything that we have requested. The commitment to making our company satisfied has been a priority since day one.

Marianne

Software Support

Pros

Ease of use and very knowledgeable support staff. Very quick to reply to inquiries or concerns.

Cons

Server can be a bit slow sometimes. not much other than that though.

Donna