• Pros

• "this product is very user friendly. easy to access and navigate around in. product is very well thought out."

• "I like the flexibility, the broad scope, and the integration."

• "Windows are easy to navigate through. Able to configure the system to suit individual needs. We have many variables and for the most part, the software is able to accommodate the variety."

• Cons

• "Would be nice if the client (admin) install was also in the browser"

• "The only thing that bothers me is time changes and terminals not always keeping proper time. Sometimes the terminals are 2 to 3 minutes fast."

• "Could not create reports that are needed. not able to manipulate like we would like and not easy to share with fellow colleagues"

Browse Mitrefinch Reviews

Barry from Matthew Algie

Industry: Food Production

Mitrefinch

We have had a positive experience using Mitrefinch software. Where issues do arise we have found their support to be very helpful.

Pros

We use Mitrefinch Access Control, Time and Attendance and HR modules across three business locations. The software & access control hardware have proven to be very reliable over many years of use. Staff generally access the system via the web portal which provides an intuitive interface.

Cons

We have no real issues to report under the "cons" section. The software does what we need it to do.

Kaysey from Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation

ALWAYS great customer support!

Pros

I love the ease of using this product. It is so intuitive but I especially love the great customer support I get when I cannot figure something out. I normally send an email and within an hour or so I get a response or call from their team. On almost every occasion, I've received support from Larry Walsh from the Mitrefinch team. He has always been readily available to assist and is always a pleasure to talk to over the phone! 5 STARS!

Cons

I wish there was additional functionality in the custom reports as we've had trouble at times pulling the information we need. We have always found a work around but it would be nice if reports had additional capabilities or options. For example, when I am looking to pull the remaining balance of vacation for a specific time range. This could not be done. The work around was having to pull it on the specific date. However if we were looking for a specific range from the past this could not be done.

john from Branston

Good functionality but poor customer service

The implementation was good and the engineers were very knowledgeable. Initial account management was good. Helpdesk was poor, but improved briefly while [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]was in post. A massive problem occurred with the version 8 upgrade in March 2018, which has affected our overall perception of Mitrefinch. The issue was due to Mitrefinch not acknowledging the bespoke elements of our system. The latest patch upgrade suffered from the exact same issue! This, compounded by the poor helpdesk service leaves us often exacerbated.

Pros

Ability to deal with open finish times and multiple shift patterns. Calculations allows for bespoke business logic without development. Web TMS is good. Has reduced payroll queries. Email encrypted payslips.

Cons

Helpdesk service is generally poor - we can provide details on request. General feeling is that the helpdesk has little knowledge nor confidence to take on the problem and resolve it. System flexibility can be its downfall in that its complex for new users to pick up. Account management has been flaky. We've had three account managers plus sight of a (very good) customer services manager. The latter, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , filled us with some confidence that service would improve - we had a direct line to her and her helpdesk. Since her departure, the work she started seems to have stopped and service has gone back to as before. Recent upgrades have failed due to insufficient / missing documentation from Mitrefinch. The latest upgrade required us to failback, resulting in lost time. Paid for training was insufficient and not compensated.

Rick from Hamilton Police Service

Industry: Public Policy

Hamilton Police, Ontario, Canada: Experience with Mitrefinch TMS

Pros

Hamilton Police Service was looking for a product that encompassed Manager and Employee web self-service for scheduling and tracking attendance. The product also had to interact with our payroll (Oracle/PeopleSoft) and other necessary applications. Mitrefinch was chosen for its features and price point. This product was able to handle over 100 shift schedule rotations to accommodate our departments. Support has greatly improved in the last year as extra staff was added to the Canadian market. They have always been there in a timely fashion for the few urgent issues we have faced. The software runs in a standard Microsoft environment. No special software was required. All clients use Internet Explorer browser to access the application.

Cons

Documentation of the software is too many releases behind. The report writer is very capable but lacks features expected in today's reporting tools. However, it has never crashed and is very reliable.

Tamara from Baycoat

May 2016

A title is not required for a survey.

Pros

Cons

Software has some limitations on how it performs. Must be configured properly from the beginning. System was set up by MitreFinch staff no longer with the company. Recently hired staff find the original set up inefficient. I could not submit this survey without having to type in more information despite clicking on No, thanks, I'm done. Kept circling back.

Melanie from Dalton Timmis Insurance

Support experience

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to administrate and eases admin with keeping track of and calculating vacation days, sick days, etc. Mitrefinch overall has awesome support and friendly IT staff. I personally worked with Larry Walsh on the last issue and he was very friendly, personable and knowledgeable about the software.

Tina from Knorr-Bremse

Happy Customer

Product is easy to use and fully intergrates with all modules. We have the data base open all day as it is quick easy access to employees personal details.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to fix if errors are made. Reporting is good if after CSV files and data easy to update and find. Use of template section is really good as well. Support are always quick and helpful. Being ablet to custom's fields etc is fantastic.

Cons

Could still be developed further and if the graphs was developed further would be really good. Looking forward to the Dashboard version of the HR Database to come out as this will be better viewing. Sometimes the links between fields in TMS and HR do not work and have to double enter data.

tom from T&T Supermarket

T&T Supermarket

Pros

The user interface was pretty intuitive, so it's relatively easy to learn. The support is very good, with Larry Walsh being able to answer most of my inquiries. The instances where he could not, he would look for help from others and get back to me in a timely fashion.

Cons

There are some idiosyncracies that are kind of odd. There's no training material that actually describes process flows and how data flows from one area to another.

Kaysey from Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Great Customer Support!

Pros

I like that the system is able to capture exactly what we need in our reports. There are also standard reports that have already been created that are also very useful. I also like how intuitive the system is. I would say it is pretty user friendly with the appropriate training.

Cons

The system can sometimes be slow and quirky. I don't like that some of the reports that have been created for us cannot run automatically because they are too large and instead we need to manually select the users in batches.

May 2016

Carol from Strategic Aviation Services Ltd.

2.5

Mitrefinch Ongoing Service

Pros

The software is fairly intuitive and easy to use. There is minimal training required for employees to use the clock.

Cons

Until we were paired with our customer service rep, it was difficult to obtain help and assistance when we needed it.

Caroline from Lane Cove Council

Time and Attendance System

The product is very customisable which I believe will suit many organisations. However, as with such time and attendance systems, Higher Manager support and HR policies are critical to the successful implementation. This is the most difficult system I have had to implement not because of the complexity of the software itself, but the resistance from the staff.

Pros

Customisable and good support (yay to your support staff!)

Cons

Complex. May be difficult to support in-house unless you have good, technical IT staff. Providing integration to other Payroll Systems will be useful.

Melissa from The Heritage Automotive Group

Not Great for TMS software

I would not recommend this product.

Pros

We use Mitrefinsh Time Management Software. It gets the job done through biometric clocks where all employees punch in.

Cons

The reporting features are terrible. If I need to run a report for myself in HR I always need assistance about which report to run and how to exactly do it. It is very confusing and the system has a hard time calculating hours worked for a certain time period.

Sherry from Pano Cap (Canada) Limited

Helpful, as usual.

Pros

The day-to-day use of the product is user-friendly and there's no hassle getting support when you need it.

Cons

When setting up reports or permanent changes, it's not so user-friendly. Have to contact support.

Lori from Factors Group of Nutritional Companies

May 2016

Very easy to use software and great customer service

Pros

The customer support is very good. The product can be easily customized to our business needs.

Cons

The back end setup can be very complex at times depending what needs to be done

Marianne from DMI

Software Support

Pros

Ease of use and very knowledgeable support staff. Very quick to reply to inquiries or concerns.

Cons

Server can be a bit slow sometimes. not much other than that though.

Donna from Central Precast Inc

Mitrefinch Support

Pros

This software brings all the HR info to one place with no need to do paper trails.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. This program is a very logical program and easy to use.

September 2016

Laurie from DGN Marketing Services Limited

September 2016

Overall thoughts about TMS

Pros

User friendly and efficient support when I need it.

Cons

Nothing. . works great for our needs. Sometimes it needs rebooting, but at least nothing has been lost. .

May 2016

Catherine from Steelcraft Inc.

Have been using Mitrefinch Time & Attendance since 2011

Pros

Mitrefinch is user friendly and customer support is always available

Cons

It would be nice if Mitrefinch published their hours over Christmas and the New Year

June 2016

Andriana from Giant Tiger

June 2016

Mitrefinch Review

Pros

Support is quick to respond any time there is an issue or if I need help generating a report.

Cons

A lot of manual work and adjustments, instead of being more automatic through formulas, etc. Don't fully trust the system and always have to set reminders to check that entitlements stayed the same from when I changed them.

Philip from A.J and R.G Barber Lts

Industry: Food Production

Mitrefinch review

Regularly having to chase the Sales team for quotes.

Pros

Door control, site monitor , site planner

Cons

Grouping of doors is not flexible enough

Laura from Munster Joinery UK

TMS

Pros

Versitility and quite simple to use and understand

Cons

Very slow - May just be the version we work from, as is quite old

Winnie from Austin Engineering

TMS review

The overall performance of this product met out expectation

Pros

It provide accuracy time keeping and project costing. Time saving by uploading labour hours to payroll system without double manual handling on timesheets.

Cons

Initial set up cost is high

Sarah from Capital Concrete

Mitre Finch

Pros

Items were able to be customized to my company needs - Reports could be designed however we needed

Cons

Several UK features can't be changed or omitted. System can be very rigid and inflexible. Some reporting features are too complex for most users to create and maintain.

Guy from Greenacres

MITREFINCH - A full service

Excellent, very professional

Pros

I contracted Mitrefinch to Implement their software at a large manufacturer. Their consultants were very easy to work with, very supportive. Software is user friendly.

Cons

Can't think of anything. They basically provided everything in terms of the Project Implementation.

Katherine from Pental Pty Ltd

Easy

I haven't actually had training on the software but I have been able to learn pretty easy.

Pros

I like the ease of use.

Cons

I think there should be more built in features that states that something isn't correct.

Hannah from Perrywood

Terrible experience

Speak to at least 2/3 of their customers before you even consider buying this product. I spoke to one who was happy but wish I'd spoken to more, and questioned them more.

Pros

We were given the sales pitch and the features sound great, they can do everything! Once it is up and running the data you can retrieve is great.

Cons

The service has been truly awful. The company has undergone a lot of change and I feel the customers have been forgotten along the way. They try to do too much.

Aaron from Bianco Reinforcing

No more arguments

This has made processing working hours so much easier and there is no more cheating the system.

Pros

Automated, individualised, ease of use.

Sal from Croydon Industries Pty Ltd

Factory labour management

Very efficient software which has enabled us to track our labour usage on a daily basis and monitor our factory performance

Rhian from Welsh Slate Ltd

Review of Time Management System

Pros

It's clear and easy to understand. When I started here, I really had no one to train me, but I taught myself quite easily.

Cons

Nothing really. It's not the product's fault that people forget their clocking in cards! We are considering a move to fingerprint terminals to help with this.

Anthony from Swire Cold Storage

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

MitreFinch

From the outset dealing with MitreFinch has been easy and responses extremely prompt. Their staff are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. No issues is too small or difficult.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to install on WAN / LAN environment, knowledge of staff, friendly

Cons

Would be nice if the client (admin) install was also in the browser

Valerie from Tree Island Industries

MitreFinch Support

Pros

They are always engaged in whatever task, training or problem that we need to be addressed. Their personalities are friendly and entertaining which can make these technical tasks go just a little bit better.

Cons

The team can sometimes not be available when we need him, due to demand I'm sure

Julie from Rainheath Ltd

Flexipay Review

Pros

It's easy to use, and the support and back-up is excellent.

Cons

It's regularly updated to keep up with legislation changes.

January 2015

Corey from Gordon Food Service

January 2015

Mitrefinch - A Terrific Company

I love the software. Our business has some unique requirements and Mitrefinch meets all of them.

Craig from Faccenda

2.5

Mitrefinch Review

Pros

I like the flexibility, the broad scope, and the integration.

Cons

Documentation isn't always up-to-date. Also, there's been a loss of relationship and structure to relationship (we have grown apart!).

Brian from Windsor Court Retirement Residence

MitreFinch Time Management System

Like the product so far. Been using it only a short period, but really seem to fit our needs.

Pros

Ease of use. Does take some training which they provide.

Cons

Haven't found any cons so far.

Katrina from Orient Express

Mitrefinch Time and Attendance is excellent

Very intuitive, fantastic support

Katie from Sample Ltd

Fantastic! Love Mitrefinch

This is by far the best offering.

Hannah from Waterous Holden Amey Hitchon LLP

Excellent service

Pros

The service is excellent. If I need any help they are available and helpful.

Cons

Refresher training costs and custom changes are very high.

John from Green Company

Fabulous product/ service - Mitrefinch is the way to go

So many helpful functions

krista from danville polyclinic ltd

ok