• Pros

• "Easy to use, provides a great way to appreciate other team members within your organisation. "

• "Easy layout but appealing to the eye! User friendly, which makes it nice for new hires. They don't need a training on how to use the system!"

• "Motivosity is very easy and fun to use. I love that you can see other employees recognizing each other. It's a great tool to help build team culture. "

• Cons

• "The user interface is just a bit clunky for my liking, but it's very usable and intuitive."

• "The simple design makes it easy to use, however it also creates some limits in how you can use it. Really you just have one option and it can't be changed. "

• "Overall it is a great software, but like any software, there can be some minor adjustments to ensure ease of use and overall usability through desktop and mobile applications"

Browse Motivosity Reviews

Scott from University of Colorado Denver

A tool that continues to be useful

Despite the one annoyance I mentioned above, I heartily recommend using Motivosity. It makes it easy to express gratitude, and offers one more meaningful way to interact with my co-workers.

Pros

Motivosity allows the people in my department to give and receive thanks/recognition for individual and group contributions. It's a versatile tool. I like how my organization has been able to tweak the user interface so that we can offer kudos according to our six company values (Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence). I like the Badges capability, although we don't use it as much as we could. The Interests and Personality widgets add a even more usefulness. I also appreciate the option to send the recognition in a public or private message.

Cons

I hate popups with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. So when I sign in and a popup invades a big chunk in the center of my screen, asking about whether I've received recognition for my work in the past few days, it's not a positive thing. I'm not against filling out a brief survey for that purpose, but that delivery method irks me. It's probably something that can be adjusted by the person(s) in my department who manage the user interface.

Ben from NICE inContact

Concept is great

The concept is great, and we have seen great success in our company. even outside of giving money, just giving people recognition outside of an email is really nice.

Pros

I love recognizing employees and being able to make announcements about great wins by different teams or the company.

Cons

When I pull up a profile's history, giving or receipts, I cannot like or comment, It has to be in the feed. Feature functionality: Create a money request, then submit it for approval. Essentially get rid of buying and expensing out gift cards, and use motivosity as the approval platform to get someone a block of money. This could be done outside of the tool, and have money added to a user. But it would be cool to have this built into the program. Feature Requests: 1. Can we search or specific terms or phrases within posts? • For example, an employee mentions that some is a “really great KCS coach”. • We’d like to track when “KCS Coach” is mentioned so we can specifically call out that behavior. If tracking is not available, then searching for these terms or words, would be helpful. I can only see that you can search for a person or title of the employee, not search for previous posts. 2. Is there a way to enable notifications for when someone submits a nomination for an award. I have found that people have submitted nominations, but we were unaware of these nominations because there is no alert system. not weekly digest. breakdown graph of how points are calculated or at least an idea of how they are accumulated. I've seen leaders have crazy scores, while they have less overall activity than others with much lower scores.

Claudia from LANDESK

Motivosity Platform

LANDESK software has been using the Motivosity platform for employee recognition for roughly 2 years. We have gotten good feedback from our employees about the ease of the site itself. The reporting tools can be a bit clunky, however, the response time from the Motivosity support team is excellent to working through the issues. Additionally, Motivosity has been open to taking our suggestions for changes to fit our company culture and for the most part have been able to make the adjustments to match our needs. If your company does not currently have a recognition tool, I would recommend taking a look at Motivosity.

Nick from University of Michigan

Critical for feedback in changing times

Pros

As it functions like most social media platforms it's easy to jump in! Many of our department's staff have taken to sharing their daily lives in addition to work-related accomplishments, thanks, and congratulations. It's a great way to boost team morale while making sure that everyone is aware of standout work. Being able to ensure that a staff member is recognized for going above and beyond not only gives them a boost but the team as a whole.

Cons

Added features would be nice, inline text replies, more management of the interface such as personalization would be a great addition to the site. Some clunky navigation as it relates to your user page is bothersome, having a way to see your "page" and all interactions in one place would be great. Linking to posts and tags would be cool too. Adding the ability to share links in a post to commonly used sources would also be a way to transform the site into a work based tool. ie, linking to Google docs and tools would be amazing. I can imagine sharing documents, forms and being able to offer work based solutions in isolated channels or pages would be fun.

Salomon from Deseret First Credit Union

REview

Pros

Easy to for users to use and interact. Great gift card options.

Cons

Administrative settings/options can be a little more polished. They hard to find sometimes. Also it would be nice if you support AD/SSO authentication rather than having to manually upload a list of users

Response from Motivosity

Replied April 2020

Salomon, thanks for your review of Motivosity. I wanted to let you know that we do support AD/SSO authentication. If you need assistance with it, please reach out to help@motivosity.com

SHAUNA from Instructure

Differentiating Feedback

I have been using Motovosity for nearly 5 years at my current company. As a manager I appreciate the notification reminders, the length of time since I provided recognition per person on my team, and the ability to switch between layers of my team and the entire org chart to see recognition being given publicly.

Pros

I appreciate that this software allows me to recognize employees in several different ways. Public or private - formal or informal, being top of mind. Not everyone is comfortable with public recognition and this software provides a make private checkbox. I can also tie feedback to a very specific company virtue or leave it more general. I have utilized other features of the software, like the send a badge choice. This is another element of gamification that appeals to some employees more than others.

Cons

My only real con is that it only updates once a month. This means that any team personnel that join or leave my team can have a significant lag time before they can give or receive moto. This may be a result of the way our company has chosen to administer the software, and not a true limitation in the system itself.

Kelly from Instructure

The power of positive praise

Pros

Motovosity is such a great tool to promote positive behaviors and give credit where credit is due. I love the ability to send a quick thank you to a colleague and attach a small amount of money as a token of my appreciation. It is so cool to see how far this quick gesture goes. I also love receiving feedback in the form of Motovosity from my peers. It is so powerful.

Cons

I cannot think of a con at the moment. The tool is so simple to use, which adds to my ability to use it daily.

John from Cahaba Medical Care

Excellent and full-featured Talent Management Software

Fantastic addition to our company

Pros

User-friendly and functions like a social media platform Easy for anyone and everyone to give positive feedback

Cons

Better use of "official" employee pictures and contact book

JESSICA from QUEENSCARE

MOTIVOSITY

I like to appreciate my co workers remind them that the little things in there job is big to others Also catching up on the events of other site

Pros

The opportunity that we have to appreciate our co workers

Cons

we only get $5, and if we do not give out that $ we loose it at the end of the month

Jeremy from Instructure

Motivosity fosters a sense of community

In is early days, Motivosity taught me everything I know about web security.

Pros

It’s great to recognize and be recognized by peers for good work. The gift cards are a nice little bonus too!

Cons

The iOS app is less useful than the mobile web site.

Jeff from ISOTalent

Hands down the best peer-to-peer recognition software!

Overall, I am very satisfied with Motivosity and can't imagine my employer life without it! It helps to pump each other up, point out successes and wins on the team, and help look for any red flags in overall employee happiness.

Pros

I have used Motivosity for several years and at several companies and I have loved it since day 1. Every time I use it, it's like a big, warm hug from your grandma! There are several things I love about it. 1) It's very easy to use! The interface is clean and easy to navigate. It hints you towards next steps you can take, which makes recognizing people easy. 2) Motivosity has a nice interface to see how other people are getting recognized. It's cool to see the feed of your coworkers and leaders being recognized for their hard work and projects they are working on. Coming from an HR background, I appreciate the recognition that is easily seen, which helps motivate you to keep doing better. 3) Any news from Motivosity is positive. I have never seen anything negative there, which helps promote a good environment. Sometimes I'll scroll through Motivosity and it pumps me up to see so much success happening around us. 4) There are fun tools in Motivosity, such as the Meyer's Briggs test, the interest maps, and the store to spend your reward money in. 5) I appreciate the surveys it asks to check in on me to see if I am being recognized frequently. Recognition is so important for morale, and Motivosity is the ultimate software to make this easy and possible!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that I wasn't able to use the software sooner. I first started using it in 2015 at Workfront and quickly saw that previous employers I worked with could have benefitted so much from it. The software is clean, intuitive, and easy to use. I cannot say anything negative about it because there are none!

July 2016

Craig from Workfront, Inc.

Motivosity - An Indispensable Tool for Next-Gen Culture

We started using Motivosity as a replacement for our previous employee recognition program (which consisted of hand written notes available for employees to fill out at the front desk). Motivosity is far and away the best tool we've used to increase employee engagement. It has changed the way we work in a few different ways: it helps employees recognize and reward each other for help given; connects like-minded individuals throughout the company in things that interest them; helps managers keep track of important dates on their teams (birthdays, work anniversaries, etc.); acts as a searchable company directory, not only for names and contact info but for skills and job responsibilities; gives managers insights into how their employees personalities affect their working relationships; and the list goes on and on. One of the biggest benefits we've seen is the cultural inclusion of our remote and international employees. It really shrinks our corporate world so employees across the world feel like they're in the same building. Recently departments besides HR have been using Motivosity to facilitate company-wide rewards for participation in software testing, marketing feedback, and more. Motivosity is a very easy way to incentivize employee participation in those projects. New features are being added all the time, so the software's value keeps increasing while we use it. Most importantly, Motivosity is actually used by our employees. A lot. Their interest hasn't fizzled over time, even without constant reminders or initiatives to increase usage. Once Motivosity got going it was self-perpetuating.

Pros

Setup and maintenance is a breeze. We typically have one administrator look things over about once a week, and tools like mass importing and exporting of users and API integration options keep everything up to date. Motivosity also adapts to varying budget constraints. You can spend as much or as little as you want to administer your recognitions and awards. Motivosity seems so simple of a tool for the amount of benefits it offers.

Cons

Since Motivosity is relatively new as a product, there are some features that would be nice to have, but aren't available yet. Luckily, since it is so new, the product teams are very responsive to requests for features.

Austin from Workfront

July 2016

Motivosity - Excellent tool for engagement, retention, core values, gratitude and culture building

I have used Motivosity for over a year now. As a VP, Human Capital my main goal is to optimize the talent pool. In everything from retaining key players, to creating an atmosphere of gratitude and high performance, I need tools that help with this focus. Tools that are easy to implement and get everyone involved are critical. Motivosity was introduced and stuck instantly. With the support of Sr. leadership and a culture of high performance, this was a great tool to publicly reward top performers, show that our company cared, create relationships and interactions cross-departmentally, etc... This tool got people involved with each other and allowed us to clarify and drive a culture that focused on revenue generation and top line growth. This tool does not create a culture, but it definitely helps in sustaining the culture we wanted. I would highly recommend it!

Pros

Easy to implement
Great and simple UI
High adoption rates
Created a sense of gratitude and giving
Broke down cross departmental barriers
Used as a directory (source of truth) for knowing who did what
Increased engagement
Helped retain top performers by giving public recognition
Allowed us to communicate corporate objectives
Create large company challenges and rewarded through system
Created a sense of unity in the organization

Cons

I would love goal tracking capabilities, but it may not be the objective
Getting leadership involved is SO critical, and showing the ROI on that was tough at first

Kathy from Oakland Military Institute

Boosts Positive Atmosphere Without The Obnoxious Emails

Our school started using Motivosity to increase morale among the staff. I definitely think that that was accomplished within the population that was active. Overall, I enjoyed my experience. I felt very appreciated because I would get recognized for little things that I don't usually get recognized for because it's behind-the-scenes and it made me feel seen by my coworkers who just didn't know. I also think it was a great experience for me because it helped me reach out more to my coworkers and actually allowed me to thank them properly for what they do. It allowed me to help increase the positive atmoshpere in my environment.

Pros

I liked that it was a platform where you could thank and recognize your coworkers without worrying about being obnoxious. I always want to recognize people for every little thing (because the little things matter) but I worry about flooding others' email boxes. With Motivosity, I am able to do that because other people don't see it until they log on. They don't get constant messages of me recognizing my coworkers, but they also get to see that my coworkers were recognized when they log on and can then acknowledge it themselves. And when I am posting a lot and feel like I am being a little obnoxious, I also have the option to make my posts private as well. This was also a great place to posts little wins and highlights of my own classroom as well. Little things happen on campus every day and should be shared, but as I said before, we worry about flooded emails. This was a great place to collect all those highlights and catch up on anything missed whenever you logged on, whether it was daily, weekly, etc. I also liked the competition aspect of it. The points associated with the software was a great motivator for me personally, not so much competing with my coworkers, but reminding myself to take time out to appreciate my coworkers whenever I could.

Cons

The only thing that I had an issue with in the beginning was that you could not post a photo on the mobile app. They have since added that feature, so I am pretty content with the software.

Shawn from Ivanti

Motivosity is a great way to give immediate positive feedback

As an individual contributor, giving a quick thanks is wonderful to reinforce behaviors and encourage doing that behavior again. As a manager, I can share positive feedback to many people both on or off my team for things that I notice. This decentralizes the positive feedback and reinforcing behaviors and allows everyone to participate. I love how all recognition is immediate with no oversight.

Pros

Every employee is given a dollar amount every month that they give to someone else to recognize extra efforts. The dollar amounts are relative to the company, but everyone receives the same amount. So if you give someone your full amount for the month, that sends a big message as to the importance of the recognition. Anyone can give to anyone else, and can do it immediately instead of going through an approval process.

Cons

Money to give used to expire every month in an effort to encourage giving. However, that is very limiting. Many people want to save up and give a bigger amount for extraordinary help from someone else. That expiration date has now been extended to three months, which helps. I think not having the money expire but instead just have reminders to give allows ultimate flexibility. I haven't found people who never give, but I have had people lose their giving money because an arbitrary amount of time has elapsed. What I don't like most is by default having everyone see the positive feedback someone else gets. I ALWAYS make my giving private so I don't have someone feeling bad because they saw someone else recognized for doing good and why didn't they get recognized for doing good as well (I did just as much as they did!) causing the feedback to backfire in its intent. So please turn off public feedback by default and make it private.

Response from Motivosity

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the review Shawn. Addressing a couple items you mentioned... The expiration of the giving money is really a way to prompt people to use it and to share their appreciation more frequently (frequency is a key driver delivering impact when it comes to recognition). As for the public recognition, studies show that there is power behind making it public. As you stated, you can always mark it private for those times that you want to not have it shared with others. Again, thanks for writing the review. We appreciate Ivanti as a great Motivosity customer.

Lisa from Instructure

Moto for Mayor!

I've loved using Motivosity to instantaneously show my appreciation to my coworkers, even for simple things. I also love receiving Moto bucks; it totally makes my day. Motivosity is one of the features about my company that I always talk up to friends and family. It's a really fun and smart service that I love. I find myself wishing I had everyone I know attached to my Motivosity account so I could send a dollar here or there to someone who did something nice. I find that I just go to Motivosity to only send, view, and cash out on rewards. The surveys don't really tell me anything and the leaderboards don't mean anything to me because I don't know how it's calculated. I just know you probably get points for sending and receiving, but for those of us who aren't manager and above and only get a certain amount to give, it's pretty limiting. A while ago I did notice a bunch of typos and grammar/spelling issues on your website, so I sent an email to some generic address I found on the website saying that someone in Marketing should probably fix the issues I found. Someone actually responded and I don't know if they fixed them, but the website does look much better than it did a year ago.

Pros

- It truly is super motivating - easy to send and receive - gift cards come quickly

Cons

- the UI is not very pretty - Sometimes I wish motivosity would "nudge" or remind you to think about someone who did something for you. I do a lot of last minute projects and most of the time, people are super generous and show their appreciation but sometimes I don't hear anything. I know it's a little entitled to expect moto bucks, but I know some departments in my company are notorious for not using moto bucks at all, which is a little discouraging. - the milestones and org chart are pretty lame. - there's really nothing to do of interest in motivosity except give money and cash out.

Buck from Northwest Bank

Gratitude simplified!

One of the cheapest ways to motivate and empower employees is to say thank you. Too often we grateful to someone, but fail to actually express the gratitude. With Motivosity, it is easy to express thankfulness. The features of Motivosity allow for the user to quickly find the person they want to thank and then within 30-60 seconds can type up a quick thank you. It can be as simple as a "thank you for being you" or as elaborate as you want it to be. The system allows for people to be involved at the degree they feel comfortable and not forced to fill out a long form or make their gratitude fit in to someone else's format. Additionally, we've used Motivosity to create fun games within our institution, with March Madness, we implemented a bracket system with departments that recognized and encouraged our people to complete their profiles, look at other people's profiles, to read the notes sent and to send recognition to other folks. This got everyone involved and allows us to realize shared interest in people who may not be geographically located near us. This has increased the "human" aspect of our jobs and formed connections between people and departments, which leads to greater respect and collaboration. I've really enjoyed the simplistic nature of Motivosity and look forward to seeing how the program evolves going forward.

Pros

simple, easy to use. Allows for 360 degrees of recognition, meaning that not only leaders recognizing reports, but peers recognizing peers, reports recognizing leadership. Despite what some people think, as a leader of people, we like to be told we're doing a good job too!

Cons

When filling out the profile, it would be nice to have the system have a pop up window or highlight the areas in red that were not filled in correctly vs. just freezing and not allowing the user to complete. This would reduce the frustration of when a new user is trying to fill out the profile and gets stuck.

Response from Motivosity

Replied June 2017

Buck, you are awesome. We love your creative ideas about culture games and are working internally on some things to support your ideas for games

Lorinda from Broadvoice

Fantastic Software System

Being able to provide positive feedback, compliments, and say thank you is a huge plus and contributes to a positive work place when utilized by people in the company. Sometimes you're forced to wait until the next scheduled meeting to offer feedback and this is much quicker. I also like the highlights and use it for several things: introducing new employees to the company, posting positive quotes, sharing pictures location to location, events, etc. Great system!

Pros

I love being able to provide quick feedback, compliments, say thanks, etc. without waiting until the next scheduled meeting or in person visit. You can do it in a few quick seconds. I like the profiles you can personalize, the updates you can customize on a company or personal level, and the recognition and highlights are great!

Cons

Con: when you upload a picture you almost always have to crop it and some pictures just don't work when you have to crop them. (i'm referring to the highlight section) These are more suggestions than Cons, but would be helpful. I'd like to be able to add more than one picture in a highlight. I'd like to be able to add pictures to a comment. I'd love a calendar option that you can view for company events, as well as see the anniversary and birthday dates in calendar form. I'd also like to be able to change color options.

Creative, fun tool for showing appreciation to your coworkers!

Overall, this is a really sound product. It offers just enough customization and is really easy to use. I recommend motivosity to a lot of employers I interact with.

Pros

I really enjoy the ability to show appreciation to a coworkers via motivosity. I love that I can make my appreciation public or private. I like how I can link the appreciation to a specific company value. I think the monthly and yearly leaderboard is a fun feature. Also like that I can thank a group of people simultaneously.

Cons

I would like to have some core teams created in motivosity. For example the business development team - I could have them preloaded into my motivosity account and then pull them up as a group rather than pulling them in one by one. Additionally, the leaderboard seems to lag when it updates fairly significantly (that feels like something they could easily fix internally).

Jim from TRI-AD

Happy Employees

Pros

Before Motivosity, we would recognize our Associates that required a lot more administration and we always found that people would come and want to exchange their gift for something else. This product has made it very employee friendly as well as added other valuable tools. We solely use Motivosity as our only company org chart and find great value in the personality test and "social media" presence this gives our associates.

Cons

My biggest frustration is the customer service, I wish there was a call in number we could talk to someone and fix the issues, instead we must rely via email which isn't as efficient. We used to have other features and granted its been upgraded but there are certain features we need as admin that haven't been added back. I've brought up the concern and the most we have heard is, "we'll look into it".

Heather from Western Governors University

Do you feel appreciated?

I was apart of the implementation team and the first team to pilot the software for our corporation. I have been satisfied with the capabilities it has offered thus far and see the potential for it to be more for users and companies in the future.

Pros

I appreciate the dynamic ability to recognize individuals regardless of role or status. This can be personal or public and has the ability to badge based on award recognition. It is our goal to ensure employees are very satisfied and feel appreciated in their work every day. Motivosity provides us the platform to achieve that goal while also allowing employees to appreciate each other.

Cons

Lack of and easy of integration capabilities with external vendors that offer corporate stores. The only offering is gift cards, which is great but becomes meaningless to employees after awhile.

Reasons for Choosing Motivosity

We chose Motivosity because it was user-friendly and aligned really well with the goals and aspirations we work hard to achieve for our employees each day.

Jonathan from AccessData

Motivosity

Pros

Motivosity has brought a wealth of benefits to my team and, I feel, the company as a whole. Being able to recognise team members with a dollar here and there is fun and rewarding for everyone. Being able to recognise individual contributors from other teams and have the rest of the company see the great results achievable through greater collaboration shift everything up a gear. Having the ability to see staff as people rather than just a name in an address book also builds bridges, especially in a global organisation where you might otherwise never see a person's face or ever get to find out that you share similar interests and goals. Motivosity does a great gap of bridging the void that existed between company newsletters and social networks. The integration with third party applications has facilitated rewarding initiatives surrounding health and well-being and the multitude of options for 'cashing out' (store cards, pre-paid credit cards, charities) is welcomed by everyone. The interface is intuitive, interesting to explore, and has always been available, fast and aesthetically pleasing.

Cons

It's hard to think of any negative points surrounding Motivosity - it has filled a gap and, as such, has only brought benefits.

Andrew from Instructure

Motivating Coworkers the Right Way

This product really helps us achieve our company value of ownership and openness by motivating my colleagues to own different tasks and excel in their performance knowing that they may earn some respect and admiration (and money) from their peers. It helps people also be more aware of the good things people are doing and provides a great way to express gratitude for those actions.

Pros

I love the ease of use I get with Motivosity. The interface is clean and simple and provides a good user experience. I love the ability to see the praise my colleagues receive. Also, who doesn't love receiving a shoutout from their coworkers? This software makes that simple.

Cons

I'm a bit of a competitive person so the leaderboard functionality is great. It isn't always clear, however, what drives that and how I can remain one of the top "givers" in my organization.

Alex from Bluehost, and Endurance International Group Company. Sr. IT Administrator.

Bluehost Review - Employee Perspective.

We have been using Motivosity for over 3 years. This is Night and Day difference over our previous solution that we were using. One of the many things I love about Motivosity is simply having far more control over how I recognize my fellow employee's. Our company puts in a monthly allotment, I can give that entire amount, or fraction of that amount, and be able to recognize more people. If that isn't enough, and there is someone that really deserves more, I can dip into my own personal balance, and give from that as well. Makes is amazing when needing to truly recognize someone for efforts you feel are actually deserving of the credit. I also love that our company uses this as a means to raise funds for special employee needs. You can set up a donation link, and our company matches whatever is donated to the cause. Another fabulous way to help your fellow employees. The options to cash out your Motivosity is crazy simple and fantastic. I am not sure if the options are standard and the same across companies who have Motivosity, however, I primarily use the gift card option. Amazon gift cards, iTunes Gift Cards, Visa gift cards (the kind that actually function as a pre-paid card, and not useable at limited locations) All of these have come in the form of a e-card. Delivery is instant, and I am redeeming gifts and purchasing goods within minutes if not seconds of email receipt. I can't speak more highly of this. There are physical cards options, I am just not a patient person and want my goods NOW! haha I have not had one issue using e-gift cards in Physical locations. Printing off, or showing the redemption from my Phone to the vendor has always been successful. I have to say, knowing if a company offered Motivosity as a perk/benefit would be a big deciding factor of taking the job. Kudo's to Bluehost for seeing how valuable this has been, and what a difference it has been to working here. **going on 9 years with Bluehost**

Response from Motivosity

Replied December 2016

Alex, Thank you so much for your review. We have loved working with Bluehost and are very happy to see that you love Motivosity.

Maigan from Northwest Bank

Love being able to thank my co-workers using this program. It's quick and easy!

Pros

I really enjoy being able to enter my own comments into the thank you box...it's great not being limited to drop down boxes. Also l like how you can make comments private. Not everyone needs to see everything so it's great you can decide if it's public or private. The personality profile is also really cool. It's fun to see other people in the bank who are like me. And being able to change your profile picture. The fact that it's not some goofy profile picture HR plugs in there is awesome...I like that I have control over that.

Cons

I still don't really understand how the points work...I am pretty sure you get more points for being thanked vs sending thanks, but in my head that is kind of opposite of how it should be. I know the intent isn't to get Motivosity points but since we do get points I feel like it's a flawed system. It's always better to give then to get, in my opinion anyhow.

Luke from Instructure Inc

If you don't use Motivosity are you really working the right job?

I am a die hard user of Motivosity. I love giving "apology" dollars or pooling together for a pizza a few times a week. I see no other product that gets used in the office as often as Motivosity. The system is user friendly on both the computer or mobile version. I have never had any "bug" issues. Honestly 10/10 I go home and brag about Motivosity or speak of it as a reason why someone should join my company. It is vital to our upbeat workplace environment.

Pros

I love the idea of Motivosity. I like that we can reward either publicly or anonymously co-workers for anything. As well we can give Motivosity for a birthday gift of to celebrate the arrival of a new baby. We can make it both playful of professional. There is no limit to the usability in the work place. The software itself is both intuitive and enjoyable to use.

Cons

n/a keep making a great product to everyone at Motivosity. *high five* to everyone especially the design/engineering team

Guido from Ivanti

Great way to get aware of appreciating people

You know actively think about appreciating someone when he/she stepped up or helped you.

Pros

It's a very nice system to appreciate your colleagues. Where you normally wouldn't sent a message/email to thank someone, with Motivosity it's fun to do it. Also because everyone in the company can read it. It's fun to motivate the team with a simple message.

Cons

The Highlights option isn't really adding value. When sharing a highlight, it will be quickly 'overflooded' with other messages and not visible as it should be. It would be great to have 2 columns, one for your team - mandatory, and one for the company - or other teams. Highlights should be 'pinned' for some time or have a separate dashboard.

Christy from Workfront

September 2016

Simple and effective way to express appreciation for co-workers. Like REALLY simple!

In a day filled with projects and meetings I can express satisfaction with a peer in just one minute. No need to stop and draft an email - just click into Motivosity and find their name in the drop down. I send them a Motivosity buck or sometimes just the compliment or note of appreciation. Also the tool keeps me apprised of company anniversaries, personal birthdays and other events that are important to the individuals. Also, the badge feature is nice to recognize achievements and certifications that are pertinent to our industry.

Pros

Ease of Use and the popularity of the tool within the teams I work with. Makes it simple and FAST to say thanks! I also love the spell check - thanks for that. The feature that allows you to like or comment on a Motivosity thanks is seriously cool.

Celita from Instructure

July 2016

Awesome recognition tool to use at any company.

Our company has been using Motivosity for over 2 years. It has been a great tool for our employees to be able to recognize each other and have managers show their appreciation for their employees.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how clean the website is. As an admin, it is very easy to manage as well.

Cons

This is a tough one because Motivosity is really an awesome tool. Their Support is a little slow, but they are always there to help with any questions that we may have.

Cyndi from Zions Bancorporation

Recgnition and Rewards

I have Motivosity set to come up as a start up option in my browser so I see it every day when I come in. I check it daily and I'm reminded to think of the good things that have happened during the day because it's always open in my browser. I feel like it has helped my individual team to catch others doing great things and give appreciation to their teammates. Appreciation is always a motivator in my opinion, especially when it comes from a peer.

Pros

Motivosity has made a difference in the department I work in by spotlighting daily accomplishments of over 100 employees. Prior to having the software in place I don't think we were doing this regularly or consistently. Now we have a way of making sure that every employee feels recognized and is rewarded for their contribution to the group. We have internal and external clients and both send thanks through e-mail but we can also post this using the software to share the kudos with the rest of the team.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software and I can't think of anything I would change at the moment. I appreciate the immediate follow up, e-mail notifications and the monthly reporting options in the software. It operates the way I expect it to.

Tricia from SMS

Exactly what we needed at exactly the right time

We had a culture problem where people were not feeling appreciated. We would give quarterly awards, but those were very subjective and only people who were nominated could get one and then only if you went way above and beyond. Management decided to create a Reward and Recognition program that was full of red tape and hoops to jump through and made it nearly impossible to say "thank you" to someone. Motivosity tore down the walls and eliminated the red tape completely.

Pros

We were struggling to find a way to recognize and reward employees without a lot of red tape. When Motivosity was introduced to use, it immediately met our needs. The software itself was easy to use and no instruction was needed on how to setup your profile or how to recognize someone. I like that you can thank whoever you want to thank, whenever you want to thank them. Because we have employees all over the world it is hard to connect with someone you want to thank, so having the ability to tell them through Motivosity really eliminates all the road blocks to appreciating someone for something they did.

Cons

I don't like that anniversaries and birthdays disappear from the feed and that you can't look backwards to see whose birthday or anniversary you might have missed. I also don't like that you can't search for a post without knowing who posted it or who was recognized.

Elvira from AZER TURK BANK OJSC

Innovative tool to create friendly environment in your company

I strongly recommend to use Motivosity in order to gain better results in your company.

Pros

Sometimes none of the project management tools aren’t enough to create friendly environment in the company. And of course in overall this affects to company performance and sometimes causes serious damages to corporate image . In order to solve such conflicts among employees Motivosity is the best choice. By providing peer to peer reward system Motivosity encourages colleagues to be more polite and friendly with each other. After using Motivosity our employees learned listening and respecting the views of each other. And overall because of friendly environment in our company our productivity has icreased in a significant level.

Cons

Although is a good tool for employee recognition but it can be used for misleading if some colleagues agree to give fake rewards to each other. It is a good tool but needs to be used under control.

Debbie from Utah Transit Authority

What Your Employees Want

I love Motivosity! Okay, I didn’t at first. I thought how can recognizing someone with a dollar or two here and there be motivating? But Motivosity isn’t really about the money. It’s about letting people know you value them and their contribution – you see their extra effort; you appreciate what they bring to the team each day; you celebrate their accomplishments. Knowing you are appreciated and what you do matters is what really gets you through the tough days. Plus it has helped me to not focus on mistakes and short comings, but look for the many amazing, positive things the people around me do on a daily basis that makes me enjoy coming to work each day. Positive recognition fosters a positive environment. And, what gets recognized gets repeated. Motivosity provides a vehicle for me to recognize fellow employees who demonstrate our company values.

Pros

Ease of use; reminders for birthdays and anniversaries; personality profiles and identifying your personal interests so you can easily identify co-workers with common interests;

Cons

We received limited information when the product was rolled out and I wasn't sure about how to use some of the features. Fortunately, after I checked it out and experimented a little, it was really pretty simple.

Leon from BairesDev

Something new, curious and fun.

I find it delightful, easy, and fun to use. I believe everyone should give it a try, you might see it lacks a few functions, but I am certain they will be eventually added into the application.

Pros

When we think about a company and its values, we have a tendency to focus on their professionalism and excellence, but rarely do we wonder about how they treat their employees and how they communicate and organize within their structure. Motivosity is one of those odd but beautifully designed softwares that encourages you to create cordial bonds between you and your coworkers. It has shown to be quite effective in terms of including remote employees into the company’s activites, even those who live abroad, creating a kinder working atmosphere. It incentivates the involvement of the employees in a variety of event and projects, that in many cases might have a reward, making it fun to participate. The software's structure is solid, functional and easy to use.

Cons

Motivosity is relatively new in the market, lacking many core functionalities that similar applications already have. Although, you can tell by the way it is designed that they will eventually be implemented. Their category system requires more options.

martin from Instructure

Motivosity is essential.

Motivosity is simple, it helps team members show appreciation to each other. Because of that it is essential.

Pros

Simply put, it will only add to the team, use it, trust me and find out for yourself.

Cons

Not a dang thing. I love it. I have never had a problem with the software. However! People often times will partner up in trading money to buy lunch or something for themselves. This defeats the purpose. I think quotes about kindness and appreciation every time you trade might be a nice and subtle way to help steer people in the right direction when using their motivosity.

Jeff from Workfront

Motivosity is the best for employee recognition!

Motivosity is an awesome tool that helps you recognize employees. It's great to see a Facebook-type feed to it and the awards and badges help build pride. I really love the interest features where I can see everyone in the company and what their interests are. We have created Starcraft groups directly because of that, which helps build teamwork. It's a great tool and I highly recommend it!

Pros

- Facebook-type feed that shows all the recognition - Interest groups where you can see interests of everyone and groups that can be created from it - It's really easy to use - Employees use it, which is a huge hit

Cons

- Some of the admin features are a bit clunky, like having to go to the org chart to add a new employee. It would be nice to have easier access to admin things.

Maxine from Busch, LLC

Industry: Industrial Automation

Connecting the Dots of Appreciation

Again, we're able to use this platform for understanding how and what make our employees happy and feel satisfied. We know what is important to them. We're able to see how different segments of the business work across the isle. We're able to see motivation in number format based on usage and managerial participation.

Pros

The ability to connect all departments within the corporate office. Equally important the ability to connect to our remote locations employees. This software has been the glue that holds us together. In looking at others profiles, it allow employees to know more about each other on a lighter note. It is cutting edge technology in boosting morale and bringing visibility to our work! Also, as an HR Manager, I love the analytics behind the scene. This information allow us to see even the motivation and buy in of our managerial staff.

Cons

At this juncture, there's nothing I don't like about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Motivosity

The president of our company utilized this software at his prior company. He was impressed with it. Therefore, he suggested implementation here. (We are a Sales/Service organization) These two options were not listed when describing what our company do.

Travis from Alumni Association of the University of Michigan

Great tool for appreciating co-workers/volunteers

Overall, Motivosity appears to be well-liked and utilized by our staff. Not everyone has adopted it, but widespread early adoption by staff has made it more normalized and non-users appear to be the outliers.

Pros

The best feature of Motivosity is the ability to easily give an appreciation to coworkers for helping out on projects, tasks, etc. On top of showing gratitude and improving morale, this public-facing feature allows staff whose work or assistance isn't always as visible to be seen more broadly by the organization, and helps to motivate others who want to also get more visibility for their work.

Cons

Some of the "Insight" features are a bit wonky and/or difficult to understand. The "Management Style" feature, for example, is somewhat confusing (rather than showing styles which may be easier to digest and make adjustments for, it simply shows likelihood of friction) and is incredibly top-down oriented, rather than allowing for comparisons person-to-person within organizations that are highly collaborative. The org chart feature is also not highly intuitive (clicking the bubble, not the name, to expand has caused confusion among some colleagues), and once zoomed out several levels can be difficult to read/digest.

Claudia from NetDocuments

Motivosity Platform Review

Motivosity allows for consistent, real time visibility and recognition of great work happening across the organization with easy reporting options and ability for the HR and leadership team to comply with IRS rules regarding gifts and understand how recognition is impacting the company culture.

Pros

Motivosity makes employee recognition a breeze particularly for teams and offices across multiple locations allowing for real time visibility of the great work happening around the organization.

Cons

Motivosity has continued to grow the platform abilities with a number of different tools like engagement and feedback which is great for many companies. However, my frustration is I can't pick and choice what I want active and have found there are places were I am using a different system or process which becomes duplicative with Motivosity's, confusing employees and managers on where to follow the process diminishing both processes/systems.

Paula from RSLI

Motivosity review

We only been on it for a month and a half. Still working out benefits/how it can be utilized. But overall people are using it and enjoying recognizing and being recognized.

Pros

So easy to use. When you hear "thank you" coming out of your mouth, it's such a quick second step to get on and share it on Motivosity. I see people using the "highlights" tab as well which is really good because we have 4 separate offices over the country and its a nice way to connect. I like the variety of reports we are able to run that we are using for various purposes.

Cons

That we were required to load $1 into everyone's account at the beginning of the month. We wanted to set up a experience of giving freely and then at the end of the month doing random drawing for winners. We went over this in the sales phase and told that we could do that - but then after signing the contract found out that we were required to put in $1. This took away from our drawing budget. What we are finding is that the individuals who are truly embracing the software and the concept, are recognizing way beyond the use of their dollar. The people who don't, their dollar doesn't get used and goes away at the end of the month - but we still have to budget for the event that they do use it - so we seem to almost needlessly have a reduced monthly drawing budget. Also, the nomination feature does not allow for a team nomination (putting in multiple names in the nomination line) and our quarterly individual and team nominations for awards is an important part of how we wanted to utilize the software.

Richard from Trax Rail Operations

My Experience with Motivosity

If the Movivosity Bucks are considered a "Bonus" its a sad way to be rewarded for ones hard work and efforts. And once the gift card is ordered, then it will be taxed, where if we had merchandise that could be purchased through a Motivosity/Company store, then it would not need to be taxed. Like the old S&H gift stamp program at the grocery stores. You can save up and purchase nicer gifts or use your Motivosity bucks when you like.

Pros

I like the ability to send out thank you and Kudos to my fellow workers. I have had some very good feedback from my fellow workers as they say that there day has been made by simple recognition is given.

Cons

I actually think that the way money part of the Motivosity has a chance for a negativity toward some individuals. The potential that the more popular Employee gets all the money. I would hate to find out that someone in the backroom never gets recognized and never gets the motivosity bucks. many people give out their $5 and only get the $2 the system generates.

Response from Motivosity

Replied October 2018

Hello Richard! Unfortunately, everything is taxed these days! Monetary prizes, awards, achievement awards, bonuses and gift cards, certificates - including points and cards with point values redeemable toward merchandise - are all taxable compensation subject to federal and state income tax withholding, unemployment tax, and FICA taxes.

Paige from Instructure

Motivosity has allowed me to show gratitude and recognition to my hardworking team!

Pros

I LOVE that Motivosity allows me to create metrics driven goals and team competitions with a reward system that keeps them incentivized and motivated. This software works extremely well in any quota based role!

Cons

There is not anything I dislike about Motivosity. I think it would be great if the public feed could be divided by department rather than the entire company but that is more of a requested feature than a dislike.

Response from Motivosity

Replied November 2017

Thanks for the feedback! PS - in the top-right corner of the feed, change the dropdown from 'Company' to 'Department'.

Doug from Trim-A-Seal

Motivosity @ Trim-A-Seal

Our company is a few months into using Motivosity. So far, we have seen a huge reaction to the program being introduced. Most of the people that are somewhat tech-savvy got on the program immediately, and others followed after seeing what was going on. I think the biggest part we're noticing is that its not so much the prizes or "sealbucks" as we call them that people are interested in... but the recognition and goodwill from their co-workers, as well as the chance to give that good will, that is driving use of the program. It is turning out to be a big positive reinforcement tool at our company, as well as creating a good-vibe environment that allows a chance for everyone to recognize each others good work. We are all very happy with Motivosity so far, and plan to utilize it even more.

Pros

I like the tools it offers management and other employees to positively reinforce good work and habits. The program is very user-friendly and there are a lot of features to utilize. I like the social media platform that allows everyone to see who's recognizing who.

Cons

I like the idea of having some flexibility with regard to the currency we use or making up or own currency. We call our dollars "sealbucks" and just made our own exchange rate, but we did have to set things up so we can work it like this. That's all I got!

Matthew from Workfront

$1 has never been so valuable

Pros

Motivosity lets you give recognition and thanks to team members in the form of a dollar and a message. Getting a single dollar with a note of appreciation makes that dollar seem so much more valuable. My Motivosity money is special to me because it represents a special acknowledgment from someone I've worked with. Motivosity also allows you to select one of your company's values that were demonstrated when giving out recognition. This is the main reason I am familiar with my company's values, and it keeps me reminded of them on an almost daily basis.

Cons

As a user of Motivosity, there aren't any cons that I can think of. I'm given money every month to give out to my co-workers to show my appreciation. Redemption of my Motivosity dollars for gift cards is easy and instant. There's not much to dislike.

Kellen from Instructure

September 2016

Motivosity, the best thing since "Thank You" cards.

I love using Motivosity to reward and thank team members with something real. Sometimes people go above and beyond and this is a great way to reward that and say thank you. It's easy to use, including the App. I personally haven't had any experience with Customer Support so I can't speak to that much, but I think that in itself is a compliment to the product. I haven't had to contact CS. I have use Motivosity to incentive my team to make more calls or do more work. Whoever gets the most gets the money. Our MotoBucks are worth more than real money it seems...we cherish them.

Pros

Easy to use. Oh, and it gives me gift cards to Amazon.

Cons

Sometimes when I am typing in an employee's name it won't come up. So I have to try their last name.

Bradon from CU Online

Increase WorkForce Engagment

If you have a low employee engagement and want an easy way to increase and motivate your employees look no further.

Pros

I love how Motivosity is an easy to to let employees better understand and recognize your Workforce. This software is an easy way to give your team a voice and allow them to cheer on their co-workers when they shine.

Kris from PFC

Awesome Product

I try to open Motiviosity first thing in the mornings so I have it readily available when there is that "eureka" moment. It's just so easy to use and the team loves it. I appreciate that I can add birthday or anniversary messages prior to the date, this is one of the best features of the software so I can pre-plan those, to avoid overlooking someone's special day.

Pros

I enjoy using Motivosity to recognize the team, it's easy and transparent way to share a win, teamwork, or just thank someone for being positive and productive. With Motivosity we are all able to view and share in our teammates success. This has really allowed me to efficiently send praise in a very visible way and who doesn't want to get recognized for all their hard work? Great product, thank you!

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like about the software.

Overall their features are great and user friendly, some parts need to be updated.

great insight and reporting

Pros

The software uses dollars instead of points like other recognition programs, making it more transparent and the ability to customize items in the store is convenient.

Cons

I do wish the live feed would refresh automatically. I understand why it doesn't but it would be nice to consistently see updated news instead of having to refresh it. I would really love to see the option to create our own survey for just our company to streamline everything into one program.

Response from Motivosity

Replied July 2018

Thanks for your review of Motivosity. To your comment, "I would really love to see the option to create our own survey for just our company to streamline everything into one program," as a company you can replace the standard six survey questions with custom questions if you choose to. Our client success team can help you set it up. Thank you for your business!

Brandon from Steton Technology Group, Inc. dba RizePoint

Motivosity is AWESOME!

It is great working with great people. What makes it better is being able to recognize their personal and professional efforts in the workplace. I also love the ability to grab a gift card easily or even donating to my favorite charity.

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Really makes a difference when people are recognized for small or large efforts.

Cons

Getting the Visa card was a bit of a hassle. I think it had to do with a 3rd party taking care of the gift card. I ended up getting it in the end but the process was a bit burdensome.

Active Office Acknowledgements

I have had a positive experience with Motivosity. I use the software quite regularly and it is always a quick in and out to accomplish my goals.

Pros

Employees receiving recognition for their work is one of the best things to do for morale and Motivosity makes it a breeze. My company has it set up so that each employee receives $5 to give to other employees as thanks and acknowledgement. You can see what other people are saying about each other and like and comment similar to other forms of social media.

Cons

There is a monthly site leader board within my company that shows points for every employee. The site does not show the basis for these points. It likely has something to do with how often you are giving/receiving thanks, but I have never been able to figure it out.

Response from Motivosity

Replied June 2020

Thanks for the review. Simply click on the information icon just below the leader board and you'll see how the calculations are made. Have a great day! #thanksmatters