What are Nectar users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Nectar software through verified user reviews

• icon"Nectar is absolutely wonderful and easy to use. It is amazing to see our employee interaction with one another and it is a great way to recognize anyone throughout the company."
  • icon"It’s so simple to give kudos for our company values and I love that we find ways to look for things to compliment our team on."
  • icon"I absolutely love all the different incentives this software creates. From wanting to give people more points to getting discounts and rewards."
  • icon"Some people wait until the end of the month to use their points and lost them on the first month."
  • icon"There have been some weird errors from time to time."
  • icon"I don't know if I am using my points correctly so I am really concerned of purchasing something I shouldn't or do want on accident."

Browse all Nectar Reviews

• Have you used Nectar and would like to share your experience with others?

Sean

Excellent! Very simple resource for 360 team member recognition.

The software has provided us with a digital process for recognizing and rewarding team members, both from a manager level and and peer level.

Pros

Ease of use, robust functionality, cost, flexibility and excellent support. My team loves the ability to publicly recognize and reward other team members.

Cons

I actually haven't found a lot of negatives with the software. And the few times I have, the team at Nectar has been quick to resolve the concern and even, on several occasions, update the software to incorporate my suggested improvements.

Amy

Industry: Building Materials

User-friendly way to recognize others

We have been searching for over a year for a new recognition program/software, and this really does it all for us. It not only provides the platform to recognize people, but also the rewards behind it with the giftcards.

Pros

This is a very quick, user-friendly way to recognize members of your organization without it being a burdensome process. I like the hashtag options to associate the recognition with one of our company's core values as well.

Cons

Not really a NectarHR issue, but I wish it was more visible to our company. Unless you log into NectarHR, you're not seeing what people are being recognized for, which is part of the point. I think as a company we need to see if we can live-stream this on our employee-facing monitors around the office building, put it on our company's Intranet site, etc.

Reasons for switching to Nectar

Structural really did not provide this functionality like we thought it would... it was really just a "facebook" for companies.

Response from Nectar

Hi Amy! Thanks for the feedback and we are glad you are enjoying it. We have built out the capability to show the recognition feed in your intranet. We will reach out to your administrator to see if we can get that implemented.

Replied June 2020

Lisa

review

Pros

I liked that it is user friendly. i have had no issues using the software

Cons

I think the rewards are to hard to earn, it takes alot of points to earn things

Valerie

Recognition made easy

It's so easy to use, and makes recognizing my team members painless and fast. I love getting reminders about the approaching end of recognition periods-- it's

Pros

It's easy to get caught up in our to-do list and not pause to acknowledge the great work our team members are doing; Nectar It's so easy to use, making recognition painless and fast. I love getting reminders about the approaching end of recognition periods.

Cons

I haven't noticed any cons in my experience so far.

Reasons for switching to Nectar

Structural wasn't getting utilized, it was too cumbersome and time consuming.-- People didn't understand it.

Tara

Team Spirit - awakened

Since my first call with Nectar I've had a great experience. I've felt very taken care of each step of the way. The entire team is incredibly responsive and patient as I learn how best to tailor the usage of the platform for my company's specific needs.

Pros

Nectar is so incredibly easy to use and it shows all of the incredible actions our teammates take to live out our core values. As an admin, I really enjoy the analytic features that allow me to see a quick snapshot of recognition across team.

Cons

We are just skimming the surface on the usage of Nectar, but we'd love to see it build out with additional reporting features that make the reports to leadership more quantifiable. The dashboard for top-level analytics are great but I would like to see admin or manager panels more robust and be able to export stronger data reports.

Reasons for choosing Nectar

Customer Service of the sales call and tailored pricing.

Lynnette

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great for promoting employee recognition!

I wanted employees to have some autonomy in being able to say thank you or recognize the people they work with every day that was simple, yet impactful. The program has been a success so far!

Pros

The software makes it easy for all employees to quickly give recognition to other employees. It allows them to manage their own points and give a little extra to their thank you. I like that everyone can see the recognition posts, like, comment, or even add on to the amounts.

Cons

The only issue we had was when employees were setting up their accounts and they tried to use Internet Explorer and ran into issues. Once we learned that IE was no longer supported, we have had no issues.

Reasons for choosing Nectar

I liked the ability for employees to choose from a wide variety of gift cards. I also liked the way it was similar to social media so that everyone can view the recognitions.

Cindy

Cindy' Review

Nectar is a great way to recognize people publicly and is a sustainable option without breaking the bank with large bonuses that aren't justifiable for the action.

Pros

I like tracking my employees accolades to see who and who has not been recognized over the course of a month/quarter. Additionally, it's a forum for sharing accomplishments and services that deserve more than a simple thank you.

Cons

I don't like the leader board. It shouldn't be a competition.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Nectar makes rewards and recognition fun and simple!

I’ve ordered gift cards, distributed points, and ordered company swag using Nectar and they make it super simple. I lobe hopping and seeing what recognitions are happening and surprising my co-workers with recognitions of my own.

Pros

The ease of use, whether I want to recognize a co-worker with points, or shop the Nectar site for gift cards and company swag. Everything is at my fingertips in an easy to use platform.

Cons

To be honest, I cannot think of anything I don’t like.

Breanna

Industry: Government Relations

A must for every company

It has been a great moral booster for our company and has gotten our employees more engaged.

Pros

It is so easy to interact with those and thank them for their hard work!

Cons

I have not found anything yet, as everything from an admin to employee has been great.

Reasons for choosing Nectar

we talked to about 4 other companies and had demos, but here the price was amazing along with the customer support.

Sara

Industry: Government Relations

A simple, effect way to recognize outstanding work

Pros

Easy to use, quick and simple ways to recognize colleagues for actions outside or above their job duties. The expiring points to give away encourage me to recognize people all month.

Cons

The expiring points can lead to "dumping" all points in the last day of the month for anything remotely applicable.

Tony

First time I actually wanted to use recognition software

Pros

I remember years ago a company tried to use this kind of recognition software. Software doesn't compensate for culture. And I think Nectar got that. Their software compliments a company's culture, not create it.

Cons

Even though I think its better than before, I haven't been the highest adoptor of it. If there were tutorials, I didn't know about it, so making that more salient. Then again that may have been my company's responsibility.

Hannah

Industry: Security and Investigations

Nectar Review

I have found my department and team to be in better spirits and more enthusiastic to volunteer and exceed expectations than in the past. I have had a good experience overall with Nectar. I know my coworkers and I are eager to work hard and do their best to get recognition over Nectar. I am excited to continue to use this to see a more long term affects like good work habits built over time or a higher volume of volunteers for difficult or more experienced tasks.

Pros

I found integrating this product into our department and business a very easy transition - my department understood and loving giving and receiving points immediately. I thought that the motivation and morale boost it brought with was very beneficial to keep up a high standard of work and collaboration. I found it very helpful to know why my coworkers were giving away points and the hashtag feature allows for that very easily. It is a fun way to better unify across departments. In the past - there was no simple way to thank others in different departments across our several office locations in the US. Now we can say thank you with the click of a button.

Cons

Although I have only used it for a few months, I haven't found anything inherently negative about this software or its use. One thing I don't like about the software is the limited amount of points I and my coworkers are allowed to give. I know it is probably just a difference in cost to up the amount of points employees are given each month but I always find my coworkers saying they wish they had more or they have given away all their points before the end of the month. I also found that when I am trying to find a shoutout on my feed (to say thank you or like it) and I click on the post in the notifications section - it does not appear. It takes me to the general feed and I don't find it a good use of time to scroll through hundreds of posts to find the one I was looking for. A more direct route for that would be helpful so I can convey appreciation for others being kind.

Amy

Nectar Review

Nectar has been wonderful and I am excited to use this on a daily basis. Sometimes a "thank you" just isn't enough and this is a way to award points for employees to use to purchase gift cards and who doesn't like a gift card? It makes everyone feel more appreciated and more valued at their jobs and it also makes the employees want to work hard to achieve these points. The best thing is it's so simple and doesn't take time out of an already busy day to do.

Pros

This software has been wonderful. I have been with this company for 15 years and this is the BEST award program we have ever had. It's such an easy way to recognize co workers who have gone above and beyond their normal job. It's so simple and takes literally a few minutes to award points to a fellow team member. Our old system was more cumbersome and many people wouldn't bother taking the time. Immediately I noticed people who didn't use the old system are using this one.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that each person needs to sign up individually and I notice that some co workers don't want to take that tiny effort to do so. I want to award points to a few individuals but if they haven't signed up I can't do that. Not really a problem with software exactly but it's the only thing I don't like.

Chad

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Fantastic for building comraderie

Pros

Nectar HR encourages and provides us with an easy way to recognize our various team members for their accomplishments, whether it be something big - like finishing a project ahead of schedule - or small - like reviewing a PowerPoint before a presentation. We use Nectar constantly, and being able to see all of the recognition and shout outs that our team members get - especially across disparate departments - gives us all more visibility into the good that is being done constantly, and, more than anything else we've implemented, is helping to build and foster a positive culture of familiarity and friendliness throughout the company

Cons

This is pretty trivial, but I can't use more than one '+' in a single statement.

scott

Sweet Nectar of Life!

I've been pleasantly surprised of how easy Nectar has been. In the past I'd have to go through a lengthy process to get budget approved and funds released, just to go buy something tangible to have on hand to give out to the team. Nectar has allowed me to simplify that process and assign the reward to my rep and then they can go apply those rewards to a plethora of options.

Pros

Nectar makes it easy to incentivize your team while giving them plenty of options to choose from.

Cons

To date, I haven't had any issues with the product or Nectar team.

Sallie

Shout It Out

The overall experience with Nectar has been positive. Seeing Nectar email notifications pop up during the week means someone has said something nice about you, and Nectar provides an opportunity for you to return the positive messaging. I think Nectar provides a forum for intentionally spreading good vibes amongst our team.

Pros

It is nice to have a forum for sending quick positive messages to colleagues that go above and beyond. It is also nice to have that colleague recognized by the company at large. Nectar's model is specific to positive recognition instead of a forum board full of random clutter. I like the specificity of Nectar's purpose. Also, it is nice to see a long chain of positive feedback being shared amongst colleagues. It reminds me why our company stands out among others - our teamwork and employee-first model. Nectar compliments that initiative.

Cons

Suggest some GUI updates. The nomenclature "Notifications" is used twice (bell icon and in personal snapshot page). Recommend blending the "Activity" tab to show the full list of posts made by other colleagues instead of just a list of who made a shoutout and how many days ago it was made. That requires a user to go to a second place to see the full content. Then, "Notifications" can be used for notification settings only.

Andy

Sweet Sweet Nectar!

It's been great. I sit across from the TV that displays the shoutouts and i enjoy reading them on a daily basis.

Pros

The site is easy to use and navigate! It's a fun way to shoutout co-workers and they can earn rewards for doing a great job.

Cons

Nothing yet. Everything is working just the way we want it.

Reasons for switching to Nectar

Better services and more options.

Nusly

Motivation to work hard!!!

Love it and I want this forever at any job that I have. I am afraid at my next future job I won’t be “rewarded” and I will lose motivation, haha.

Pros

Everyday I try to think of ways to improve in my job and help others so I can get Nectar points. I love that I can CHOOSE my reward too. The motivation is 100% there and I can tell I look more forward to work because of this change.

Cons

The “leadership board”. I felt like it was a popularity contest to see who got points each day and some people would get more than others. I actually was on that leadership board as top 5 and i hated that people were comparing themselves to me. Some people are not as outgoing and May not get “as many points as so and so” and that’s ok! If they get points because they ACCOMPLISHED THEIR work goals, that is what matters!

Sadie

Recognizing and Rewarding Employees

Pros

Nectar provides an easy-to-use platform for our employees to give and receive recognition for the great things they do. It is an easy way to boost morale and give praise for the day-to-day positive actions that sometimes go unrecognized. The entire organization can be involved and benefit from it, from executive leadership to the employees they oversee. Nectar also has great options to cash in the recognition points employees have received for a wide variety of rewards. The Nectar team is easy to work with and continuously innovating.

Cons

Nectar is constantly innovating and coming up with new features all the time. This is a great thing, but it also means we sometimes have to wait to roll out awesome new features that are still in development.

Riley

Your Cultural Software

Pros

Nectar HR is an easy to use software that has greatly impacted the culture of our company. Being able to recognize certain individuals for outstanding work all the while enjoying company perks. It has been a phenomenal tool for savings as we go out to eat as a team and even more so for our team activities. Nectar HR is a MUST HAVE to strengthen your works culture!

Cons

After sitting here attempting to think up a con, I realized that I can't. For every idea that I had, I would double-check the capability of the software and found that you can do those things. No con's from me.

Jonathan

Easy to Use & Implement

Pros

I like that the first time I logged in, I could already easily use it. I was sending cheers to peers within second. I also like that I can flag specific types of props with ease.

Cons

I wish there were some more reporting features; or if there are, I could find some sort of training on how to use.

Amanda

Amanda Bianchi Review

Overall, it's been a good experience and we are happy with it. We believe there is a bit of room for improvement in the UI of the software.

Pros

I love how it allows you to recognize your team members easily and aware decent rewards to them.

Cons

It can be hard to navigate and to find what you are looking for or need.

Alexander

Nectar is a Sweet Platform for Employee Recognition!

Experience has been great. We're already building a culture of recognition and reward using Nectar at our company.

Pros

The use case is the best part of this software. When Nectar was rolled out, everyone at the company was stoked about the idea of recognizing other people for their hard work. I can't say enough about how good of an idea this is. Also, the interface for giving points and recognition is way easy and intuitive to ease. Also I'm very happy with the customer support. I ran into an issue with the initial signup link, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in support reached out to me about before I even reached out to anyone in Nectar about it.

Cons

I've been using the product for 3 weeks and I only just now figured out how to see all the recognitions I've been given. I can view it now, but finding that part of the interface wasn't very intuitive. I'd recommend putting a "My Recognitions" sub-tab under the "Recognitions" tab. Maybe another sub-tab for the recognitions I've given.

Malik

Give Props, Get Recognized, Earn Rewards. Brilliant!

My experience has been good so far but I want more recognition. Maybe I can start being a little passive aggressive. Haha

Pros

This software is awesome because you can show appreciation for your colleagues in a forum for all to see. They get rewarded and appreciate it. It's also cool because when you've just been handling and working on so much it can wear you down and you don't feel appreciated but then suddenly you receive points and recognition which really helps .

Cons

Going above and beyond only to get no points or recognition from the person you helped. However, that's more of a people problem, not so much an issue with the app. Maybe there can be a feature implemented in the future to where this is integrated with other tools so it's a constant reminder for the colleagues we're working with and they don't have to visit another medium with different authentication yada yada, because people like simple. Not necessarily a flaw but maybe a good update for the future.

Tyler

Sweet like Nectar!

I love that when I am wanting to do a date night, I can go here to find a bunch of different options that aren't gonna break the bank! Also, I've never been one to "show off" my work...but it's so nice when recognition comes completely organically from others who appreciate the work that I put in! Goes a long way in creating a great culture here at Dental Intelligence!

Pros

Not in any particular order: - Perks perks perks, including the e-gift cards! - Peer to peer recognition - Employee feedback/ENPS

Cons

Sometimes employees still don't recognize the app and the perk that I'm attempting to redeem. But this seems to be only with new employees who haven't been exposed yet to the perk.

Nectar