All Hubstaff Reviews

Jen

Marketing and Advertising, 2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

The ONE software you need to track your remote staff

Ashish

Online Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

The best Employee Monitoring Software in Market for Remote Employees

It was a great experience, the software is scalable and affordable. It only adds cost upon usage which is critical.

PROS

As a company with lots of employees working remotely for us, we need strong software to monitor employees' performance and act according to the efficiency analysis. Its best feature is idle time management which helps you know if some employee is sitting idle.

CONS

Customer support is delayed a bit. We sometimes faced problems with Windows computers, this is somewhere Hubstaff needs to work it more user-friendly for Windows.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Cross OS compatibility is comparatively much more smooth in Hubstaff.

Roldan

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Using Hubstaff for 5 years more. Seem it has improved!

Really just fine. What more should I look for as a freelancer who just need to track time for a project. Then send a a simple invoice at the end. As far as I'm concerned, I have a good experience with the app. If I have to suggest, maybe as a UX/UI Designer, they can enhance the looks an feel of the software to make it more professional and appealing to users.

PROS

Straightforward. Just the thing you need, you'll find it. Pretty much like any other time tracking software - as freelancer it has screen capture, invoicing, offline tracking and all...

CONS

It's just straight forward. Maybe they can add quick chat for client. Instead of additional login to browser when you need to quick communicate with your client.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

I'm switching from Hubstaff and Time Doctor before. But eventually, stayed with Clockify. I don't know but Clockify is just a the right cocktails of simplicity, interface appeal, reliability and being slick.

Hey Roldan, thank you for submitting this review for Hubstaff! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Hubstaff for your time tracking needs. We want to continually improve the platform and our offerings, so we do welcome all feedback onboard. Please feel free to go to https://roadmap.hubstaff.com/ and add any ideas for features to be implemented.

Replied March 2022

Jana

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

A great tool for time tracking

PROS

How easy it is to use, especially the attention to UX on the website

CONS

Sometimes the pages are difficult to load. Oftentimes, it's due to my network but sometimes when everything else works fine, Hubstaff won't load. Not a con, just something that bothered me a few times.

Annie

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Worst Customer Service, and Not Working for online time tracking

Very poor and disappointing, i hope the management can take time reading my feedback. I want to cancel my service.

PROS

CONS

I used to like husbtaff until i've got a problem of not getting it work and tried to sort this with customer service but they are very poort in attending yoiur enquiries, and they don't have a voice support. Imagine having technology but no one can walk you through to fix the issue.

Dev

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

GOOD SOFTWARE TIME TRACKING

Excellent CUSTOMER SUPPORT in setting up the software.

PROS

Transparency. Is good in being able to provide valuable insights.

CONS

I think it is a bit on the expensive side.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Less features and did not provide transprent screenshots.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

employee work attendance application

the application has helped to increase productivity and saving other resources since pay is based on hours worked at the of month

PROS

hubstaff is a good attendance application, i like its online attendance sheets, and its ability to computer payroll based on working days makes it nice, it's so easy to use with a friendly interface

CONS

using the application to spy on employees may bring in organizational conflicts, and its needs data before running it

Joemar

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Hubstuff Review

Very good and I like it since it works all the time

PROS

The data it generates is very reliable and accurate

CONS

Maybe it is my computer but I experinced a bit of freezing

France

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1,000 employees

Surprisingly hassle free...

User-friendly. Imagine that you just logged in, in the comfort of your home, you do your job/daily tasks, and after a week, you'd be able to submit your time sheet with no sweat. Everything has already been placed accordingly.

PROS

Everything is just one-click away. And everything is calculated accordingly.

CONS

No 15-minute break? I'm unsure if this is between the company and the user, but I hope, HubStaff could offer that.

Remya

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2024

Hubstaff makes my life easy

It makes my life easy. I can regularly monitor my teams activity. No excels sheets needed to track time.

PROS

Time tracking and expense management. I can monitor my team’s activity easily.

CONS

Nothing I can find. I’m happy so far with what Hubstaff offers me.

Muskan

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed June 2024

PROS

It is user friendly, UI is attractive and easy to understand. It work on desktop and mobile too.

CONS

The think i like least is when only able to see total time on web version only in desktop version we only have the feature to track.

lisa

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

excellent product for invoicing

PROS

its very straight forward and user friendly and allows me to free up time when invoicing and its much more straight forward then most systems

CONS

nothing I think this is an excellent system

Lesily

Capital Markets, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Good site to look for remote work

PROS

I can look for work easily by just displaying my skills, employers will come looking

CONS

Its a bit complicated at first as you need a reputation to get noticed

Mackie

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

The most robust, one-stop-shop for time tracking especially for remote teams

Using Hubstaff has been exceptionally easy across the board. It is an asset for our company to see project profitability, team member hours, and manage time off for a fully remote company. The customer service with Hubstaff is superb. Highly recommend the app!

PROS

The customer service at Hubstaff is second-to-none. They are super responsive and attentive to our account. The clarity in the dashboard and ease of use of the app and online tracking tool is superb. It was extremely easy to implement in our team and get team members onboard for utilising the app through the use of badges and "friendly competition".

CONS

The fact that PTO doesn't count towards the total weekly hours for a team member, which is should so that we can see the team member's weekly hours inclusive of PTO.

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

Great competitive price for what you get. Great customer experience. Great interface.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

More sophisticated app, more flexibility, better dashboard. Easier to implement across a large organisation.

Tia

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Best Time Tracking and Invoicing Software

Easy to navigate, easy to learn, many options for invoicing, many options for tasks/clients/projects.

PROS

I use Hubstaff daily to track my clients, tasks, and invoices. They're always there to help and very easy to work with. 100% recommended for any virtual workers!

CONS

Sometimes I need to make adjustments to time entered and it won't allow me. But I've found a work around and I'm sure this will be updated soon.

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

I loved the trial and it does everything my business needs.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

More options better pricing.

Hi there Tia, glad you find Hubstaff easy to use. Don't hesitate to email our team at support@hubstaff.com if you need any help. Thanks and always be safe.

Eberechi

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Monitoring Remote Workforce with ease

Hubstaff makes it extreme to monitor my remote workforce.

PROS

Hubstaff makes it very easy to mange my remote staff. The screenshots keeps me up to speed on what each developer is working on. The activity level helps me to monitor how much each developer is putting in and they get an immediate feedback from me.

CONS

The reporting for hours worked can be made easier to get to.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

I wanted to give my developer the freedom to express themselves and also make them earn more.

Hello Eberechi, I hope this message finds you well. Thank you for using Hubstaff for your remote workforce. We're glad you are having a good experience.

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Insightful employee time tracking and benchmarking

I enjoy being able to benchmark specific tasks across my team to see how much time it takes to complete a specific task in order to coach employees that work slowly or have lower activity levels.

PROS

I like that Hubstaff tracks employee activity percentage, takes screenshots of their screens and integrates with Trello and QuickBooks.

CONS

I dislike the lack of integrations. I would like to display Hubstaff time tracking in my Salesforce dashboard so that I can have a single pane view of everything going on in my business.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Greater visibility into time tracking and activity.

Hi Mark, thanks for sharing your thoughts! We want to make Hubstaff as helpful as it can be for everyone, so your feedback is highly appreciated.

Benjamín

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Hubstaff is a very cool and light tool for time tracking

As a time tracking, payment management, and employee monitoring software, Hubstaff does a great job. It does help many companies keep track of their employees and is pretty comprehensive and even fun to use (when you look at it form the browser). Aside from the archaic Windows app, which has many problems, I have no complaints.

PROS

I've only used Hubstaff for time tracking with my company, I've never used it individually, but I've worked with it with two separate companies so far (as a freelancer), and when comparing it to other time tracking and monitoring tools, I find Hubstaff to be one of the most easy to use and amenable. The thing I like the most is the comprehensive user experience from my end, though I can't speak for admins. As a worker I enjoy being in control and up-to-date with my activity.

CONS

I would say that working with Hubstaff can get a little pressuring because of the activity system in place. What I mean is that I understand the way they measure activity but I do believe that looking for an activity sign every second can be very daunting, especially when some affiliate companies look for activity percentages higher than 80% for their employees. This forces many freelancers into a burnout trying to achieve these impossible productivity standards. Of course, Hubstaff can't claim responsability for what its users decide to do with it, but since it's fairly understandable that we (as workers) don't necessarily press keys or move the mouse at all times, maybe it would be better if they counted one activity sign every two (2) seconds, for example. Or if they offered ways to take breaks that were a direct part of the software and not something entirely at the discretion of one's employer. Hubstaff is great, but its current system does seem to favor employers more than employees, in my opnion, and this could lead to exploitation. Another thing is that the Windows app really needs an update, it has many bugs and doesn't look well on the UX side. There should be more options, not just an outdated-looking time tracker.

Lady Marie