• Pros

• "It's so quick and easy to use it plays to my strengths (as in its the next best thing to a face to face) Can make it so personal its just dead sound...INNIT?"

• "Easy video conferencing and messaging tool. The chrome application for Capture especially has massively increased the speed and volume of video content we can get in front of candidates and clients"

• "Capture feature Engaging our clients and candidates in a different way"

• Cons

• "Initially the web hub interface was a little unclear as to what recordings were stored were but we soon worked it out"

• "Ummm sometimes it glitches but i think that may be a problem our end so nothing really?"

• "Won't work if someone has not got the right permissions, wrong software level and sometimes it is doesn't like the browser on certain phones."

Browse Odro Reviews

Great addition to our Recruitment processes

Really pleased Great tool, Clients are really impressed We have incorporated already on all our recruitment processess

Pros

Easy to use (training didn't take long ) and you can start using straight away Our clients are impressed with the solo interview option we have incorporated in our shortlists. It has been very useful

Cons

Nothing I could think off right now. Some candidate weren't very keen in doing the solo interviews

n/a

Chris from Digitalent

The Best Business Decision I Have Made Since Starting Digitalent

Amazing experience overall. We now use Odro in every area of our business. We use it for candidate sourcing, business development, winning retainers and exclusivity, interview preparation for both clients and candidates, client and candidate video testimonials that we can then use for marketing and advertising purposes, staff training for new and existing team members who are all based remotely. The support is fantastic and it is great that Odro listen to your feedback and suggestions for improving the system and then take action to improve. It really is the best decision I have made as the leader of the company since the business started.

Pros

The ease of use of the system is undeniably good. Using Odro is really at the very heart of our business strategy and has changed everything about the way we do business. It also allows us to pursue of dream of building a team of Recruiters who are 100% distributed and working from any location because it takes away the need to do recruitment the 'old school' way by having the snazzy office, restricting your client base to a local geography and inviting candidates into your office to interview them in person.

Cons

As a one or two man band and a startup, it was a big leap of faith and a little bit of a risk to have to sign up to a 12 month contract straight off the bat without ever using it in practice. As a startup still finding it's feet financially, flexibility was paramount in the early days so I could appreciate if small companies like Digitalent would be scared off by the price point and lack of flexible approach to signing up. That said, because we put Odro at the centre of everything we did it quickly proved a profitable decision.

Reasons for Choosing Odro

Ease of use. User Interface and also dealing with a Glasgow based support team tugged at my heart strings a wee bit!

Elizabeth from Talent Hub

Slightly disappointed

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fab from the start and the support team have been great. I like the idea and when its works well, its fantastic. Perhaps because we cover more rural areas in Sussex where the signal isn't the best, that why we have had issues, although also had signal issues when people in an office at work. If it wasn't such a cost, we may keep it, but we haven't made ROI from the service unfortunately.

Pros

When it works, its easy to turn on and use, also, easy to send the link to candidates stating "just click this button".

Cons

We have had several issues with signal and buffering, loss of sound when interviewing candidates. I know its been their side more than ours, but its been almost half our videos have had issues. We have explained that we have video interviewing software to our clients and that we can send them a link to the video interview we conduct with our candidates - but not one of our clients has taken this up. :-( They all said it sounds nice, but they prefer the profiles we right based on our interview and recommendations and they want to do f2f interviews themselves. We haven' achieved ROI on our investment in the Odro technology. The video we have created for linkedin and our website was done via our Apple iPhones as our subscription to Odro didn't allow for that functionalists. Also, as we use Mac's and the Mail and Safari apps rather than Chrome, we can't use the software.

Reasons for Choosing Odro

we didn't. we use to use Skype and FaceTime.

Tegan from neuco

Industry: Broadcast Media

Won and secured new business after 2 day of using Odro!

My overall experience from Odro could not be more positive. After only 2 days of using the software I had won new business with a company I had been trying to break into for a while unsuccessfully. Many clients and candidates have given great feedback and it has brought my business forward dramatically. Furthermore, it is very simple to use. I struggle with technology and always panic a bit when there is something new to learn. This was a totally different experience Amanda's enthusiasm and training, including the Ordro 15 meant that I got to grips with the product quickly and was able to launch straight in. Many clients and candidates have said that they have never been approached like this before and it's great to be different.

Pros

The ease of use is brilliant. I am not good with learning new technologies but this was so intuitive and a joy to use. I didn't have to experience the normal frustrations of getting to grips with a new technology before seeing the fruit.

Cons

I would like more detailed analytics eg how long was a video watched for. Also at the end of the working day sometimes the software slows down.

Simon from Eden Blake

Game changer

Can't recommend Odro enough. It allows me to approach businesses in an innovative, more engaging manner and provides a great platform to demonstrate my personal brand and experience. The video shortlisting is a great feature and has been well received by clients and candidates alike.

Pros

Easy to use, great interface, multi-functionality, has been great from both a business development and time efficiency perspective. Brilliant customer service / account management team, literally everyone I have spoken with has been really engaging and very supportive.

Cons

I haven't found one yet! If at some point you can find a way to get captures to appear on LinkedIn invitation requests that would be a massive plus point! One other suggestion would be to allow the interviewer to record themselves asking the questions for the candidate on solo interviews, giving the feel of a two way interview rather than the questions just popping up.

Reasons for Choosing Odro

The customer service and superiority of the product and its many features.

Jonathan from Meet Recruitment

Odro for Training

Overall very positive, other than the screen sharing on one monitor and occasional freezing or lagging I am a big fan.

Pros

Ease of use by far! I lead to US onboarding and initial training at Meet so use it quite often and being able to have new users just bookmark the link in other offices from day one understand that is where they go for all meeting is very helpful. I don't have to waste time constantly creating and sending new meeting links.

Cons

The screen sharing when you don't have two monitors. It can be a bit annoying and even when I share a tab, I then have to leave the odro tab and can't see who I'm speaking to and what they can see. sometime being a problem because graduates are not sure what they are looking at and wont speak up if something is frozen or if there is an issue.

Becky from Theo James Recruitment

Industry: Executive Office

Bringing recruitment into the 21st Century!

Pros

Odro and Capture has a variety of features which I've received incredible feedback from and won clients' and candidates' trust and belief. As a business, it works extremely well as our USP! Thousands of new recruitment companies are created every year so the more we can stand out the better! Candidates find it easier to meet with me and mean I can meet with all of my candidates no matter where they are, we've even done some overseas video meetings!

Cons

There has been times where I have had difficulties with the recordings but luckily there is a great technical team on hand. What we do need is the Magic Button on outlook to work for ODRO recordings as well as Captures.

Craig from Viribus Search

Experience using Odro

Overall it has been relatively positive and a good addition to our offering. It has helped with bringing on new clients and definitely adds value to what we offer. Most candidates have been positive out video interviewing and the clients have enjoyed watching them. The thing we have slightly struggled with is embedding it into our existing candidate engagement model as we rely heavily on InMails and with the thumbnail not appearing for Captures we are relying on candidates clicking on a link which I know people will be weary about.

Pros

It's pretty straight forward to use and I like that there is no software to download for the clients or candidates. With a decent internet connection, the video recording is great and simple to use and we have had positive feedback from the clients we have used this with.

Cons

I was under the impression when I took the software that the Captures work in a LinkedIn InMail which they do to a degree, i.e. you can post the link, but unfortunately the thumbnail doesn't appear which for me is one of the big sells of the Capture as people are less likely to click on a link versus a thumbnail.

Reasons for Choosing Odro

I preferred the company ethos and to be honest, I was under the impression that Captures worked with InMails.

Aline from Austin Fraser

Industry: Medical Devices

Good Feature, Room for Improvement

Pros

I like the software as a tool to get in touch and the "intimacy" it allows in everyday business. Also, the Capture function is easy to use.

Cons

It is not really compatible with a lot of other software and platforms we use/ you can only send links but no previews. E.g. on LinkedIn, Bullhorn and Xing, only the URL will be shown to the receiver- BUT there are a lot of people who will not click on links from people they don't know. In general, I have only gotten (great) responses from people I have already been in touch with or who were told before that I was going to send a video. The interview function does not work with a number of our clients because their internal protection software won't allow them to log into the meeting rooms.

Eugeniu from ERG - Executive Resource Group

ODRO is VERY GOodro

great platform, great way to separate yourself - already has been of a great value to me - in opening doors with hard to penetrate clients - which also came with public appraisals and cheerings about the approach. So, I love it.

Pros

It helps separately yourself in the marketplace by having a separate approach - plus is a great tool for follow up on emails or previous phonecalls.

Cons

Hopefully will not become a downtrend on LinkedIn - where in the future people will start ranting the use of it with something along the lines "can we please stop this video spam now" - that I guess might be the case if it start becoming used in a wrong way. but every success comes with haters. it's not a cons is just a "I hope it will not be the case"

Tim from neuco

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Easy to use and so far a very effective BD and Candidate attraction too

It is early days for us as Odro users but so far it has solved the issues of how much time it would take to create, embed and send videos to clients and candidates. Volume is key and Odro saves an enormous amount of time for us and presents the videos far better than we previously could

Andie from CMR Recruitment

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Extremely useful for interviewing but can it can be promlematic with some browsers and s/w levels

Great for interviewing candidates and easy for them to use. I it useful having the different named rooms as each consultant can have their own room.

Pros

Ability to record and ease of accessing.

Kirsten from James Gray Trades

The Future of Recruitment

10/10. At first I was hating the idea of being in front of a camera and talking to people but now that i have done it, I noticed a differnce in calls made to people i had sent captures to opposed to a direct cold call.

Pros

I love how personal it make interacting with candidates/clients. Being able to put a face to the name definitely helps. Moving desks very recently to trades and labour I havent used ODRO in about 2/3 weeks and just been making calls and feel a huge difference. Once I find my feet i'll e straight back on to sending captures.

Cons

There isn't anything . Its fast, simple and easy for the candidate/client as well.

It's not for me

I haven't really had any benefits from using the software. It also isn't good for those who don't like being infront of the camera. I don't get many messages back from using the software especially compared to written messages.

Pros

I can see why some users may find a benefit of the software, it has good functionality and recording quality and an easy to use interface. It's good for a personable approach when contacting a couple of people or someone you have been in contact with before

Cons

contacting a lot of people at a time using this can become tedious and time consuming. After looking the conversions between sending written messages and odros, I have better conversions from cold message to lead from written messages. Personally I would like to receive a written message as I can read it in my own time, go back to it and re-read. I'd find it annoying having to do that with a video.

Lindsay from CastUK

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

I would be lost without ODRO

I love the brand, i love watching the business grow, the people are so friendly and if i ever ring in I forget that I actually don't even know you or haven't met you, I just feel like i know you all? Sounds creepy. I like it though!

Maria from Fourthline

Odro for Recruitment

Easy to use, multiple uses from streaming an internal meeting for colleagues not present, to video interviews, one-way interviews and meetings. Really handy, easy and a great tool.

Pros

This software has really proved useful for me whilst carrying out interviews with candidates, as the ease of the software means almost everyone can use it without any form of "tutorial". Also I like the fact that in solo-interviews I can add the CV of the candidate next to their video. This looks really polished when sending across to hiring managers.

Cons

Almost all of my recent candidate videos have been rejected on the first try due to "possible quality issues" which can be frustrating for the candidates as the second time recording, all goes through fine.

Isabella from Gleeson Recruitment Group

Fantastic for screening candidates

The time spent pre-screening candidates across multiple divisions has greatly reduced as a result of using the live interview feature. The only challenge has been encouraging staff to use the software, but Odro have supported us as much as possible with this and it is more of an internal challenge

Pros

- So easy to set up and use, no installation or account needed for the candidate/client - Amazing support team who are always super quick to help, really knowledgeable, and absolutely lovely

Cons

- The fact that you can't download your captures (although I believe this is being amended in a future update) - The current reporting format - the ability to download the MI report in CSV or Excel format would be really helpful

natasha from austin fraser

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

simple and straight to the point.... just like Odro!

amazing! staff are supportive, passionate, knowledgeable with a humble approach.

Pros

ease of use no downloads Simple, little training required Good quality videos

Cons

limited MI function and "cutting"/sorting of data. some clients struggle to access it due to security/virus software unable to add subtitles without further software

Good so far... getting better

Results will vary. Odro will talk to businesses about how they believe you can get the most out of their product; but of course, it depends on your market, country and so many other factors. Taking away the 'opinion' of what Odro can do as a sales tool and to talk about its functionality, I think it's good, but could be great. If they added tools to edit the video (better than the basic snipping), then this could be used for so much more. I can imagine recruiters using it to release a lot more video content on LinkedIn for instance.

Pros

It's easy to use, especially now each consultant has a room assigned to them, rather than having to book them.

Cons

Would be great if it had a lot more features. Much better editing, able to overlay subtitles, sound editiing etc.

Odro Review

Pros

Odro is very easy to use, and my candidates have even complimented the software when using it. The videos are often clear and you are able to record meetings which is extremely useful.

Cons

Occasionally I have issues with candidates accessing the link.

James from Applause IT

Great 10/10

Pros

Easy to use love the interface and product

Cons

Nothing i find wrong with using ordo....

Ryan from Woodrow Mercer

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Odro is brilliant if you use it correctly

Loved it, won me tons of business and can't speak highly enough about it

Pros

it gives me the chance to get my personality across and add some humour

Cons

Nothing at all Maybe occasionally the videos might freeze (that's probably down to our internal connection)

lily from angel hr

Angel HR Review of Odro

Its been good and the help and service from the team has always been great. It gives us an added value above other agencies who do not use this software and it has helped to broaden our recruitment and entice new customers.

Pros

Its easy to use and clients like this as its an added value to our company. It also means we can interview anytime anywhere with candidates who are not local to our branches.

Cons

Sometimes people do not like the idea of being on video so it can be hard to sell it to them. Also connections have to be very good on either end or the video ends up invalid.

None

Grace from Baxter Williams

ODRO Capture review

great BD tool easier for candidate meetings remotely

Pros

easy to use and quick new redo function is great

Cons

capture is sometimes slow, sometimes it has technical issues

Joscha from Austin Fraser

Great features, potential in network quality

Odro employees are very supportive, trying to solve issues if they appear. The software is a great asset and nice tool to improve our sourcing and also internal recruiting activities. We use it in various way with candidates, clients and internal applicants.

Pros

capture videos are great to attract new candidates personalized features great support by odro

Cons

quality of video-calls can be approved and so far the odro experienced is mainly targeted for sales although with some adjustments it could have potential for a great internal recruiting asset.

Tiffany-Kelly from TalentintheCloud

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Odro will make your life easier

Odro is a fantastic product, there were a few teething issues at the beginning, but now that I have figured out workarounds to the issue things are going more smoothly.

Pros

Shortlist functionality, Ease of Use, recording of meetings, no third party application needed for external users.

Cons

Connectivity is not always great, there are a few glitches that seem to appear every now and again, the recording functionality should have a few extra things implemented

Chris from i-Gem

A picture speaks a 1000 words... and a video goes even further

Pros

A picture speaks a 1000 words... and a video goes even further. Standing out from the competition when making new clients and contacts is always hard. Sending a personalised video and being able to use odro as a unique service / product has made making new contacts so much easier.

Cons

Can be a bit laggy at times and have had instances of not being able to save videos.

Paula from Austin Vita

Industry: Medical Devices

A little improvement to become the best video tool

overall really good and the only feedback i get is really positive

Pros

the opportunity and the idea behind it - easy to use

Cons

sometimes it is not working with other programs for example bullhorn - so if i send out an email over bullhorn it only shows the link and no picture of the video. This is a problem because then it looks like a virus for some people and they won't click on it.

Shane from C2 Recruitment Limited

Odro Feedback

So far not great to be honest and as it stands we will not renew our agreement.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to understand. Odro continue to develop the product which I like

Cons

Not so much the product but the support - it seems to have disappeared. Emails/messages that we send are not answered. Weekly Podcasts that are promised don't happen. Feels like we have come on-board and now we are just left to it. Other suppliers work with us and so we feel part of something. Sadly this is not the case with Odro.

chaz from austin vita

Odro

Pleasant.

Pros

The interactiveness it provides to connect with a new prospective client.

Cons

Some limitations that are understandably so. When sending an odro to a client through linkedin that is not a 1st degree connection, it shows up as a link. Why is that? The photo options that come up after the creating the odro are typically very awkward and unwelcoming.

Marcus from Citrus Global

Review of Odro

Pros

Ease of use on Linkedin, ability to attach files, rename and change details also really helps Great for bulk adverts for jobs

Cons

Cannot use on PDF's - I like using Odro to spec CV's via email whilst looking at a CV and talking a manager through it. If you could use it on a PDF would be ideal! Not enough time to set up camera etc and use!

Oliver from Oscar Technology

Extremely useful

The immediate benefits include things like being able to stand out from competition, and that's in both a candidate and client perspective.

Pros

It's ability to help me stand out from the competition.

Cons

Originally it was the signing in part and saving videos, working in an environment where it's being used by everybody it could sometimes be time consuming.

Rosie from Venn Group

Time saver

Pros

Easy way to screen potential candidates without the effort of them coming into the office or me having to take time out of my day to meet them

Cons

Can have the occasional technical issue with the videos and software itself (might be due to our substandard computers though)

Solomon from Chapman Tate Associates

Odro Review

I have had a very positive experience with Odro and would firmly recommend it to other parties

Pros

It is easy to use, very user friendly, quality is good. Much more engaging than writing text.

Cons

You can't use it with LinkedIn Recruiter. (It only sends the link but not the picture for video.

Emma from Forward Role Recruitment

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Not currently utilising as a business

Pros

It appears really easy to use and set up.

Cons

Unfortunately no-one in the business has got behind Odro and therefore we're not currently using it. It would be helpful to get some support here, whether that be marketing material you can share or real life user cases of how it works best. We also use an RDS across the business (which means we have no access to microphones or cameras on our computers as it's a virtual system) so we can only use Odro on one computer that sits in a separate meeting room, this seems to be part of the reason it's not working for the business.

Again not sure

Zach from Catch Resource Management

Odro - Amazing App

Pros

The ease of use, customer support and 'fun' ethos that the company have makes using its features enjoyable as well as productive! Almost 100% replies to capture messages sent out is very useful for recruiters!

Cons

It is not compatible to be used in Citrix.

Adrian from AWF Limited

AWF Palmerston North

For a first use it was good

Pros

Easy to use from single link. Easy for candidates to operate also.

Cons

Applicants half of the screen was blurrier than mine

Emily from Austin Frasere

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Pros

It is quick and easy to record and send. The ability to set notifications of when people are watching your VERAs is great. The new function that allows you to re-do a video quickly.

Cons

Once you have recorded it can be hard to click out and freezes.

Tom from FourthLine

Odro FourthLine User

I like the product but the contact we had (although I think she has left) was constantly on at everyone to use it which was really annoying to the team. It was brought in as an option, not to be contacted every week demanding we increase usage.

Pros

Navigation of site Great tool Offers clients an option

Cons

Nothing really the product works really well

Alexandra from Walters People

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

The quickest tool to successful placements.

Love it! Quick, easy and love the Odro team. Always giving great tips to help you with the technology!

Pros

User friendly. So easy to navigate, great tip videos also.

Cons

Few issues when recording captures, but all sorted now.

Chris from StylerWulf International

Odro for international Executive Search

The Customer Support rep initially did not pick up the fact I was in a non supported office for video calling. The senior executives often do not want to video call because they only have time for a phone call and also some candidates offices/backgrounds at home can seem unprofessional to clients. I’m sure Odro works really well for tech recruitment and marketing/design type recruitment where informality is ok. For executive search I wouldn’t recommend it.

Pros

The software is easy to use, I found it easy to create video introductions and send these to clients and candidates. The interview platform is good however there’s no functionality for editing.

Cons

The video quality for interviews is not good. You never know whether this is Odro or the candidates internet connection. For executive search everything has to be perfect, the solution only works if all candidates video interviews go perfectly otherwise you’re sending some standard CV’s separate to the video shortlist.

Reasons for Choosing Odro

I thought the staff seemed really helpful and it seemed like their product was a better quality.

Odro Review

Pros

It allows me an avenue of engagement that is much more different to the one that our competition are using

Cons

I find that at times it is not always the easiest software to use and sometimes the quality is questionable

Works well and are leading the way

successful and effective once there is an initial buy in

Pros

easy to use and the little add on / magic buttons are awesome, making it easier and quicker to send a video!

Cons

you can spend lot of time on videos making them just right

Sam from Fruition IT

Great approach!

Pros

This is anew way to approach candidates as apposed to the traditional messages sent by recruiters . I get great attraction / response from a capture video.

Cons

The software can sometime bug when recording

Dean from Source

Dean Review

Exceptional - I have had many successful interviews, made placements and much more

Pros

It is very easy to use and able to use it for multiple use with clients and candidates

Cons

Should have an odro app - That would be dope :)

Dan from Volcanic

Review of Capture

It is helping me to reach clients that have in the past been hard to get hold of.

Pros

I use Odro for the Capture tool to support my business development. It's easy to use and offers something different to your bog standard emails/cold calls. I can personalise my message by filming whilst on the clients website and highlighting areas we could deliver better results.

Cons

I haven't actually come across anything that I don't like about the tool. Granted I haven't used this for a long period of time however it really does do exactly what they told me it would do.

Andrew from Robertson Sumner

Great

Pros

Ease of use. Instant review of Captures Allows for the professional direct personal approach to prospects with total ease.

Cons

Not much to say here, I actually like all the features of the software

We love Odro

Love it! Makes us memorable and helps us get out there more!

Pros

Gives us a USP against our competitors, and a personal touch when approaching others!

Cons

Very occasionally freezes, but other than that no issues!

David from Stott and May

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Positive - Not game changing yet, interesting way to reach out for business dev.

Pros

Capture function, used in conjunction with LinkedIn connections.

Cons

Not fully clear to recipients that you are sending a video.

Alex from Recruitment Agency

Useful product, just an extra step that sometimes is not necessary

Pros

The ease of use is brilliant and the analytics give a good indication of where the client is up to reviewing the submission

Cons

Sometimes seems like an extra unnecessary step that doesn't always fit with contract recruitment