• Pros

• "The price point of this service is awesome, The service is easy to use."

• "Great product, easy to use, easier for the employees. I researched many online companies before picking On the Clock. I do not regret the choice I made. Awesome customer service!"

• "This software is very easy to use and very affordable. We are very happy with our choice to use it."

• Cons

• "The scheduling feature isn't the easiest to use, so we just forego it. Otherwise we love everything about it!"

• "Not many options for administrators tho. For the final user it's really easy, but for admins, it lacks some features, but still, it's a great an easy option."

• "The time off feature is a little odd as it doesn't show in the administrative reports easily. However, once you learn to use it, it works fine. "

Browse OnTheClock Reviews

Kevin from Oxnard College

Easy and reasonably priced

Using Quickbooks with the time clock information makes payroll take a couple of minutes, allowing me to get done quickly and correctly. Employees like the ease of use, so they actually clock in and out! The cost of the program has risen, but still well worth the time savings.

Pros

As an employer I wanted an easy to use time clock. This is and has been such an easy set up and managed program I could not recommend it more highly. The ability to assign managers for other employees has made my payroll day so much easier, which is a big time saver, making payroll a breeze.

Cons

Printing options. There is not a smooth way to print audit logs. Having that additional report would be a great help for documentation of changes made after the fact.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied December 2018

Hi Kevin, We appreciate your feedback and review. Have a great day!

Beth from Complete Cleaning Co.

Best Time-clock App!!!

Pros

This app does everything I need it to do and more! I chose this one over the others because it does a time sheet/stub I can include with my employees checks. It’s the perfect app for my cleaning business!!

Cons

I do not like that it is priced per user. As my business grows the price goes up for each new employee.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied December 2019

Hello Beth, Thank you for reviewing our time clock. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our pricing. We try our best to accommodate everyone's needs who uses our employee time tracking solution. Have a great day.

Brittany from Suggs Insurance Agency

On The Clock

It's a great system. I have not had any issues and have no plans on switching.

Pros

It's just a basic clock in, clock out system. Easy to view your hours and what time you clocked in and out on any given day. Easy to fix an employees mistake if you're an admin. Some things you want extra bells and whistles, clocking in and out isn't one of them. Very functional, have never had any issues.

Cons

I didn't find anything that was not to like. There is an app for a phone or web use. Employees have found it very easy.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2020

Hi Brittany, Thank you so much for the kind review. We are pleased to read how our time clock is helping your company. Have a wonderful day!

Unprofessional Customer Service to say the very least

I believe that the software has great potential, but with mediocre customer support...what do you have?

Pros

Was anxious to try the software and get set up for next payroll After watching the introduction video, reading the features and customer reviews it seemed to be the right fit for what we were looking for and was hoping for some additional information before signing up, until I made the call and spoke with one of your reps

Cons

I was impressed with the capabilities of what the software could potentially provide for my business. However, the customer service was poor and very unprofessional. The individual who answered seemed put out by the call and was very short in his answers and did not expand on any of their services. He seemed irritated by having to answer any questions. I also heard his dogs barking in the background which interrupted the conversation. I understand that people may still be working at home due to COVID, but I expected professionalism just the same. After hearing the dogs barking I asked if they had a call center and his reply was "this is it, the number you called". Nevertheless, after reading several reviews and the positive comments about their OnThe Clock customer support I was disappointed that my experience had not met my expectations or that of the many reviews. Their website even invites you to call...(Under the contact tab) Contact Us We would love to speak with you about any comments, questions or concerns. Please do not hesitate to use the contact information below. Apparently, not the case.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

The overview of the services the software provides was to the point and crisp. Pricing was on point as well. Thank-you for that!!!

Response from OnTheClock

Replied June 2020

Hello and we cannot thank you enough for your feedback. Please let us start off by expressing how sorry we are for your bad experience with a customer support rep. We would love to make this up to you and gather additional details so we can prevent this from ever happening again. Please contact us. Have a great day, -OTC Team

Tereza from Pawsitive Alliance

Why Pay Too Much for Time Tracking Software

I have had no issues with the program and use it regularly. We saved a lot of money by switching.

Pros

We have a small organization so we pay nothing for this software. It allows us to still track codes, time off etc. In fact, the time off feature works better than with some other companies as we can customize to each employee. It is easy to use. We also work remotely and don't require check in/out and are able to merely enter the number of hours for each job code.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

I reviewed a bunch of products online and reviewed several articles specifically for the nonprofit arena. On the clock was recommended and I found it very easy to use.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2020

Hi Tereza! Thanks for the awesome review. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with our time off tracking feature - we would love to help. Thanks again, -OTC Team

Ashley from Heart of Central Florida

Amazing Staff Member

Overall, I really like it. The staff love it too.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and use and how knowledgeable the staff is to the software. One staff member in particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], helps me every time I have a question. He's quick to answer and also doesn't talk to you all robotic like I've seen in other chats from other companies.

Cons

I do wish that you could set the time card to be in minutes instead of decimals when fixing hours. It's difficult to see 7.45 and think it means 7 hours and 27 minutes rather than be 7 hours and 45 minutes.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

Honestly? You guys were the only ones I could find with an online chat that had a staff member [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who could answer all of my questions.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied June 2019

Hi Ashley, thank you for the kind review regarding our product and our customer support rep, Chris. We value your feedback :)

Sam from Advanced Car Care Center

Co-owner of the business

Very please with it's use and assistance when needed. We are a small company and we will grow and have more users.

Pros

It's easy to use and understand. If I have an issue just a phone call and it's easily resolved. This was refereed to us by another company using this product.

Cons

I have found no real issues or complaints.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

Referred by another company and user of your product.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2020

Hi Sam! Thank you for such a kind review. We are grateful to have you as a user of OnTheClock's. Have a great day!

Nathan from N-E Construction LLC

Perfectly Simple

Does exactly what I need it to. I have crews at different location and on different jobs. They clock in, select the job, add notes as needed and clock out. Everything is organized for my books on the administrators end and extremely easy to navigate. The customer service is incredible and they have always been able to answer my questions whenever I call. If you want more out of your hour tracking and want to get more detailed with it, they can do that as well. However, for my purposes, I wanted simplicity, and this company offers an elegant solution for the whole spectrum of hours tracking needs.

Pros

Easy of use. You can setup what your employees see, set required fields, and not put an undue burden on your worker to learn a complicated system.

Cons

I would like to see a couple more report generating templates.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2020

Thank you for the great review, Nathan. We are very happy to read how our time clock is easy for you to use. We are always looking for ways to improve our reports, so thank you for your feedback. Have a great day!

Sheryl from IBH PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES

Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent, great support.

Pros

Ontheclock.com helps us keep track of our hours incorporated into our opening computer screens. These hours are easily and quickly loaded to Quickbooks online for payroll. It is the time clock of the 21st century! An excellent value for the money.

Cons

It doesn't do our work for us! Would like to see future versions eliminate clocking in/ out across employees when technology becomes available (e.g., fingerprint, iris)

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

Being able to set the location(s) from which the person can punch in/out

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2020

Hello and thank you for the kind review! We offer a setting that allows you to add the set times your employees work to automatically punch them in and out. Additionally, we offer biometric/fingerprint reading for employees to clock in and out. Learn more from this link: https://www.ontheclock.com/Fingerprint_Timeclock_Punching.aspx Have a great day! -OTC Team

Betsy from Baymont by Wyndham

Ease of use

Pros

Cons

Would like to be able to put paid holidays in at the first of the year to calculate time and a half.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

Ease of making payroll sheets for accounting.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2020

Hello Betsy! Thank you for the kind review and feedback. If you need assistance setting up your holidays, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day!

Mark from Pacific Surgical Billing

Love this product

Easy, professional, intuitive, inexpensive, feature rich, and a set-it and forget-it type of product. We have never had to call for customer service in two years of use.

Pros

It's accurate, easy to use and implement, super reliable, and very cost efficient. Don't let the big payroll services sell you an expensive time clock product that isn't better than OnTheClock.com and that costs 10 times more!

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I didn't know about it years before I implemented it. We were using a paper system for time reporting by employees until we found someone padding their hours. OnThe Clock.com stopped the padding process immediately and paid for itself 10 times over.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2019

Hi Mark, Wow, wow, wow. This is what we have to say from your awesome review and feedback. It makes OnTheClock very happy to read how we have helped you and your company. Sounds like you had an issue with time theft from an employee, which is a huge situation among millions of companies in the world. Thanks again, OTC Team

Justin from Petrini Services

OntheClock has revolutionized our business and helped us increase revenues!

10/10. Highly recommend! Skip the other apps and use OTC.

Pros

Prior to OTC, we were having employees manually log hours. This was not effective and very time consuming because we had no way to oversee that employees were being honest about their time logs. We then tried out a few other applications, but they lacked essential functionality that we required. Then we tried OTC. It is a game changer! Our employees press 1 button on their phone to clock in and the same button to clock out. SIMPLE. The app also has GPS tracking, which shows us exactly where the employee is when they clock in and out. This ensures that they are being truthful about punches. The best part is that its completely free up to a certain number of employees. We're happy to pay for our 10 employees.

Cons

Our biggest issue was the User Interface for the admins. They recently overhauled it and now we love it. So no cons now.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2019

Hello Justin, Thank you for taking the time to give us an honest and detailed review. We are happy that you enjoy our new time clock user interface.

David from Sessions Relocation Services

Industry: Furniture

My 2nd and last time clock system

With the Punch IN and OUT alerts I am able to monitor my jobs without logging into the clock system to see when people come and go.

Pros

1) Its user friendly. 2) As the admin and payroll reporting person, it simple for me to get the info I need to report the hours to payroll company. 3) If I need to edit employees times, I can do it in a few steps. 4) I really like that it will alert me when someone punches IN and OUT.

Cons

1) It would be nice if the system would not combine the total hours in a bi-weekly cycle. I like to look to see who is getting close to OT each week. 2) during my busy time I have to hire a staffing service. My employees start their week on Saturday. The Staffing Service starts their employees on Sunday. So I have to have 2 separate accounts to track their time. I wish I could combine the 2 accounts so I can see both at the same time. Not a huge deal.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

It was cheap and easy. Other companies gave me a lot of features I did not need.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2020

Hello David, Thank you for the great review. We recently released a new feature that alerts you when employees are approaching overtime. You can set this to alert you at a specific amount of time before they will hit OT. Here is a link for you to learn more: https://www.ontheclock.com/A-Time-Clock-With-Overtime-Alerts-.aspx

Jonathan from Legally Mine

Ontheclock makes it absurdly easy to track time and punches.

Ontheclock allows us to easily track punches across all employees and locations, even remote employees who work from home. It also ensures quick, easy, and accurate punches from employees as they don't have to spend any more than a couple of seconds to punch into the Group Punch site once it's up.

Pros

The incredible amount of flexibility it offers is amazing. You can set or restrict punches from specific devices, regions, IP addresses, and similar on a per-employee basis or account-wide, allowing you to make sure that every employee is punching in when and were it's appropriate to do so. It allows a per-employee automatic accrue system for PTO. Approving PTO requests is a breeze as well.

Cons

In terms of end-user friendliness, it's a bit rough for non-tech-savvy folks to find the specific website they should log into and punch from - just going to ontheclock.com doesn't actually show anywhere you can log in or punch. This leads to needing to explain specific steps and URLs to users, or sending them a link to click, rather than just telling them to go to the site. It's also a bit of a hassle to reach the Group Punch site where employees can simply enter their employee number to punch in or out, and that could easily be resolved by having an application you could download to turn a desktop into a punch station.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied June 2019

Hi Jonathan, thank you for the great review and awesome feedback. We always like to hear how we can improve. Have a great day :)

Armando from OnQ Contact Center

On Cue is On the clock

It will let us have a good sight of any type of trends on employees getting in late, absenteeism. This way we can spot them and have a talk to them. We keep track of overtime, so we are able to study if any employee is abusing or if a client is needing employees to do overtime we can show them a report from on the clock

Pros

It provides many different ways of keeping track of employees. Its user friendly for our employees, and does not required a highly skills in computer. It provides accurate information at the time of keeping control of overtime, vacation hours, sick and personal tme. It will let you know who is in, and out at any time of the day. It also let you see where they are punching in, and what computer they did it Its not expensive, and it will let you add the company Logo in the employee "punch in" website.

Cons

So far whe have not been able to find something to dislike from On The clock... I would say having some videos inside the administrator website showing what you're able to do will be a great way to start. But besides that On the clock is really worth its price

Response from OnTheClock

Replied February 2019

Hi Armando, Thank you for your very detailed review. We appreciate your feedback. Here is a link to our video section if you are interested :) https://www.ontheclock.com/videos.aspx Have a great day, -OTC Team

Sue from Newport Beach Recovery Center

Great Time Clock Solution

I really love the ease of use of this software and have implemented it in two other companies I work for.

Pros

We had tried various time clock machines that failed to work consistently and then I found this software and never looked back. The customer support is superior. Easy set up, super reasonable pricing and it has all the features that my company needs.

Cons

Not too long ago they did a "face lift" to the format of the website and I liked the format of the Time Card page before the face lift.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

Loved that it was US based and we could talk directly with the developers if needed. We wanted to get rid of hardware that kept failing and loved that it was cloud based and had GPS tracking. Also, of everything we've tried in the past, it was the cheapest solution and far exceeded our expectations.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied November 2019

Hello Sue, Thank you so much for the kind review and feedback. We truly appreciate it.

Jennifer from Clinch Valley Family Podiatry

We love OnTheClock

We've tried other time keeping solutions, but have stayed with OnTheClock now for approximately 7 or so years because it is so easy and versatile. We don't even use half the available functions because our office is small and "easy", but it's nice to know all those other functions are there for more complex businesses. In only word, the reason we have stayed is because it is "SIMPLE" and we just love that this is one thing we can count on that won't be a hassle.

Pros

Prior to switching to OnTheClock we actually had a thumbprint scanner. Half of our employees couldn't get it to scan their thumbs consistently. We have satellite offices that created a lot of manual adjusting because we only had one scanner. OnTheClock is sooooo much easier! Accessible from anywhere you have internet access and if there are manual corrections/adjustments to make they are a snap and biweekly I get OnTheClock to email our accountant timecards with no hassle.

Cons

n/a - can't really even think of any cons.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2019

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your kind review! Your feedback on how you use our time clock system for your business is very important to us as well. Have a great day!

Louie from Totally Awesome Printing by Colorado River Tees, LLC

Industry: Printing

Absolute Amazing

It has allowed me to save so much time each two weeks with figuring out my payroll for my staff. Plus it has cut out the dishonesty of some employees, who would add time to their time cards, previous to this system.

Pros

I love that I was able to get rid of my paper time cards, employees cheating on their times when they would log in and out, and it keep track of the total hours for me, instead of me having to figure everything out every payday, I run one simple report and input that info into my payroll manager.

Cons

The only issues I have, that are the time accumulator that is supposed to help me track sick time, etc is not working correctly, however I have not attempted to contact tech support yet. Also the other thing is, we are in Arizona and we do not change times, but some of my employees show up in the reports and hour off from the other employees and we have been unable to get all of our staff on the same time zones, even though we have configured the settings correctly. Otherwise a great product.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2017

Thank you for the review! We will have a representative contact you so we can assist you with tracking your employee's sick time. -OTC Team

Alisha from Eudora Public Library

One of the best decisions we ever made was to get one the clock!

Just not having to calculate a bunch of paper time sheets is a huge benefit!!

Pros

We love that there is an app and the majority of our staff use it. There have been very few times that we've needed to call customer service but when we do, they are fantastic and responding quickly and helping us resolve the issue. We used to do paper time sheets and will NEVER go back to that after switching to on the clock.

Cons

The app sometimes has trouble with follow through if not on wifi. If we are not watching carefully, we think we've clocked out but the app didn't follow through with it. We have to wait for the little message to come up saying the clock out occurred. Also, the last time we used the PTO request feature through the app, it didn't work properly which caused trouble on the book keeping end of things. Our staff now know that if they use that feature on the app, to notify me so I can make sure it worked.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied October 2017

Hi Alisha, Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in some of the troubles that you have experienced. We are here to help you and your company as much as possible.

Joseph from Gateway Chiropractic

Want your time clock easier? - Read below

I like the fact that I don't have a paper trail.

Pros

Really easy way to keep your employees honest about their time clock, punching in/out. I love the GPS feature so that they aren't "clocking in" at home then driving to the office. Called BS on that once! Also, they just whip out their phones once they get here to punch in/out, then they are finished. For payroll. Just go to manage employees tab, select the time frame for payroll. Ours is every 2 weeks. Hours are automatically calculated. IF, there's something odd, I can look at each individual punch. For instance, someone forgot to punch out and was on the clock for 27 hours straight. Quick edit and back to honest hours.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a day to get a response back from customer service. But, that's a rare occasion. A real human typically answers right away.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied November 2019

Hi Joseph, Thank you for the great review and feedback. We hope that you never have to wait for a response. Our customer support team does their best to answer tickets as soon as possible. Thank you once again and have a great day!

Vivian from Nakawatase & Kaminsky, CPAs

We had an employee who's attendance and time were in question. We decided to switch from our paper system to on online system where clocking in and out were required. This software did exactly what we needed it to.

Pros

The set up and daily use is very easy. We are a small company and didn't need a complicated system at this time. It also looks like it will be a good program as our company grows and hires more employees.

Cons

Sometimes as Administrator I need to over-ride the punches. It takes me a while to get it right. Could be just that I don't remember how to do it since its not an everyday thing.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

The pricing for On The Clock was better and had all the features we needed.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied February 2020

Hi Vivian! We value your feedback and appreciate your review. If you ever need assistance with over-riding punches, please do not hesitate to contact us - we will be more than happy to assist you. Have a great day.

Jared from Legacy Orthopedics & Sports Medicine

Great cost-saving alternative to other time and attendance options

As a startup, I am leery of long-term contracts. This is a very nimble software.

Pros

Low cost and flexibility. Also, no long term contract.

Cons

New PTO years can sometimes be cumbersome to begin.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

No contract, low cost, flexibility.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the kind review and feedback, Jared. If you ever need assistance with the PTO feature then please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day.

Kevin from Pierce Properties

Best clock station ever used

In the 8 years of using On The Clock it has only got better as improvements are made. Price is the best for its money. The ease of using the system saves time. Tracking employees time has never been better. Thank you On The Clock from the staff at Pierce Properties in Fayetteville Arkansas.

Pros

The ease of use for the employees and the use of a clock station in the shop. Automatic time entered for salary employees. Tracking of vacation, PTO. Texted when employee clocks in or out. Ease of editing time. Audit log. Payroll calculations.

Cons

On salary employee that are paid the same every 2 weeks regardless of hours they is no way to put pay rates in system unless you enter in hour rate rather than salary amount.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied February 2019

Hi Kevin, We can't express enough how thankful we are to have you as a customer for 8 years. Thank you for your loyalty and thank you for taking the time to review us. -OTC Team

Charisse from Pathway Biologic, LLC

On the clock is easy for the employees to clock in/out.

Pros

Easy for the employees to use. They are able to see their hours worked without an issue. It is also easy for me to see who is in and not.

Cons

On the clock, need more options for reporting. I would like to be able to print in first name order, that is the order QuickBooks has the employees. It would be nice to be able to add the salary employees to keep track of vacation, sick and holiday. I wish there was a way to add holidays for all employees, not individually.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied July 2017

Hello Charisse, Thank you for the review :) You're right, we do need more reporting options and this is something that we would like to have available sooner than later. -Salaried employees can track vacation, sick and holiday using OntheClock. They would do it the same way hourly employees do, except they would not punch in or out each day using the punch clock. -The employer can add bulk pto using OntheClock PTO Menu -> Bulk PTO. I hope this information was helpful. One of our customer support members will be reaching out to you soon to help assist you with these options. Have a great day, OTC Team

Robin from MCCA

Great company to work with! Easy to set-up. Customer support is friendly and quick to respond.

Pros

The software pretty much covers all the bases! The basic software is very user friendly for administrator, managers and employees. It's customizable in several areas as well. It's an really good value for all that you get. Last week, one of my colleagues was looking for a new online time clock service, and I recommended you!

Cons

I would like to be able to add text to the "SCHEDULE" function. Ex. Would be nice to be able to include the text OFF on days that employees do not work. Currently, if you don't add any hours, it is just a blank space, which can be confusing.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2018

Hi Robin, Thank you for the great review and the referral! We are thankful to have customers like yourself! Thank you for the feedback regarding text in the scheduling feature. We will inform our developers about this :) -OTC Team

Shelly from GCC

Perfect for Keeping Track

Pros

I love this software because of it's ease of use. The mobile app is very simple. Our staff have no problems using it. I love the reporting. Very simple, yet has everything I need.

Cons

I would love to be able to manipulate the excel report I create. Right now the report includes all variables, even the ones that we have turned off. We use PTO only for sick, vacation, personal days. I have limited what our staff can choose when entering time to just the PTO, but when you print the excel sheet, all the choices are on the sheet. I can hide or delete the columns I don't use, but there's always a risk of deleting a column with time in it. I'd love for the excel sheet to match the variables I have allowed the staff to see.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2019

Hello Shelly, Thank you for your valuable feedback and review.

Tammi from Apex EMS Billing Solutions

We use this for employees, entering hours daily and for tracking weekly hours.

Pros

Ease of entering hours for the employees and retrieving hours to send to payroll for me. Apparently I'm supposed to make something up to fill the space here... That's pretty ridiculous.

Cons

That PTO is automatically added to the pay hours when requested by email & approved. This has caused a lot of confusion in our organization. I'd like to see the ability to set a limit on hours that employees cannot go over. Vacation/PTO hour tracking is not easy from what I can find there. I end up tracking that on a spreadsheet, which is a pain as the employees cannot see that and it is not automated.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied March 2018

Hi Tammi, Sounds like you may need assistance with some of your time clock settings. Please give us a call at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to help you. Thank you for your review! -OTC Team

Caroline from Cornerstone Dental Center

Pros

I have been using ontheclock.com for several years. This software is extremely user friendly for employees as well as bookkeepers. Their customer service through "chat" on their website is wonderful. There is always someone there to answer your questions and they can look at exactly what you are looking at to help answer any questions or solve any problem. It's very easy to add additional hours for employees or to adjust employee time if needed.

Cons

There really is not anything I don't like about the software. It has worked great for me and my employees.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2019

Hello Caroline, Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! We are extremely happy to hear that our time clock system has benefited your company. Have a great day! -OTC Team

Brad from BGD Consulting Inc

On The Clock-One Stop Time Tracking for Small Business

Love OnTheClock and recommend it to everyone looking for a simple, cheap and easy time clock solution.

Pros

This software is very easy to set up, use and customize. Anybody who uses paper time clocks needs to look at this software, it has saved me so much time with several clients. No more adding up time cards, time sheets and tracking down time reports!!!

Cons

Occasionally some employees have had issues with the mobile app not working quite right, but that may have been fixed as I haven't had any complaints for a long long time.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied November 2018

Hello Brad, We appreciate your feedback. We have done a few updates to our mobile app to fix some bugs - this may be why you have not received any complaints in a while. Hopefully this continues and we are very happy to read your comment. -OTC Team

Patricia from Lubsey Medical, APS, PMTC

I have been using OnTheClock.com for 10 years - and have instituted it in many clients office since!

Easily accessible time information.

Pros

Easy to set up - implement. Easy for staff. Easy to access. Security lock down features makes it trustworthy.

Cons

Would like to force staff to change password more routinely. At some point when the staff get larger, the price can go from very affordable to questionable.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied June 2018

Hi Patricia, Thank you for the kind review. Regarding the price, our pricing per employee actually decreases with the more employees you add, so no worries there. Also, your employees do have the option to change their own password as long as you have this option turned on. How you can turn it on/off is go into the Employees tab, select the General Tab, and scroll down where it says Additional Options. You will see "Allow Changing Password" and you will have the option with a drop down box. Hope this helps :)

Kristopher from Crown Services, Inc.

OnTheClock has been the most straight forward and cost-efficient time clock system we've worked with

Pros

Mobile access with GPS tracking, regular updates, easy-to-use interface, web-based access, and competitive pricing structure are all items that are worth of highlighting with the software. Customer Service's response to questions has usually been within just a few minutes to an hour, which is leaps ahead of any other software we've worked with.

Cons

Archiving of time cards and custom date sorts on the time card tab can be display wonky and difficult to navigate. Lack of user roles also limit the functionality from an administrator perspective. We'd love a role that allows for approving of time cards without creation of users, an ability to sort by needing approval. The PTO aspect is a nice touch, but with some more functionality in regards to exporting or preventing requesting PTO beyond max use, it would merit even more priase.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2017

Thanks for the review :)

Christina from FOCIS Counseling Services, Inc.

10 year customer!

I would recommend OTC to anyone or business needing to keep track of their employees hours, rather it be a large or small company. OTC is set up in a simple and user friendly way.

Pros

We have been using OTC for 10 years and have never had any problems with them! We have tried other time card services in the past but none have been as easy or as simple and user friendly.

Cons

We have not had any issues with using the software in the past 10 years and when I did have to call in the one time, my question was answered and I got to talk to a person and not an automated voicemail.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied June 2019

Hi Christina, Thank you very much for reviewing our employee time clock. Also, thank you for being a user of ours for so long - we truly appreciate it! Have an amazing day! -OTC Team

Joy from The Medical Billing Company

SIMPLE and EASY

My business's experience has been positive.

Pros

The initial draw was that it was free for my very small business of 1-2 employees. But I am impressed with the choices and functions OTC offers. OTC makes it simple to break hours down using multiple, customizable filters. Saves me time, and I trust its accuracy. The mobile app is also an invaluable part of the service.

Cons

Set up was a bit overwhelming, as the site is not intuitive.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

Accuracy, reliability, down-to-the-minute punches, GPS capability

Response from OnTheClock

Replied June 2019

Hi Joy! Thank you so much for the great review and feedback. You will be happy to know that we are currently working on the user side of the site to provide you and others with an even better experience. Have a great day!

Ken from Kens Car Care Center

OnTheClock

We are trying to organize specific jobs with the punches and the employees are not working with us.

Pros

Quick end of the pay period totals and exceptional pricing

Cons

Sometimes the ability for an employee to clock in outside of the building on an app makes me question integrity. Have not had any specific issues though.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2019

Hello Ken, Thank you for the kind review. You are able to set mobile punching restrictions for your employees if mobile punching is a concern. Also, you have the ability to turn mobile punching off entirely and have them punch in and out by the use of a desktop or other methods that are inside your place of business. If you would like further assistance on this please contact us at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to assist you. Have a great day and thanks once again, -OTC Team

Emma from Winning Imprints and Custom Trophies

I love how convenient this software is for my employees to use and for me to access their data.

Pros

I like the ability to limit where my employees can sign in online. This allows me to make sure remote employees are actually at work when they clock in.

Cons

I would like to make it easier to get to the basic login screen for my employees. They often have to go to the more detailed home page first.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2018

Hello Emma, Thank you for the kind review. Here is the link below that will take your employees directly to our employee punch site. https://www.ontheclock.com/time-clock/ You can save it as a favorite on your browser. Also, we offer a widget/button for you to install onto your website for easy employee punching. The instructional link on how to install this is below. https://www.ontheclock.com/Add-A-Punch-Clock-To-Your-WebSite.aspx Hope this helps! Have a great day! -OTC Team

Sean from MaineSpace

Industry: Warehousing

Easy and an affordable way to track payroll

Extremely easy to use interface for both team members and management. Affordable but also offers web and app based options for team member punches.

Pros

OntheClock has been both a cost-effective and easy way to truck employee punches. We've been using the software for almost two years with no issues with the service, or employee use. The interface is simple, team members can easily view their punches and administratively the program is clear and concise.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind, we have had one or two 'Server' issues (?) Where a clock wouldn't register and we would have to go back and edit time cards. This may be a general internet, or usage issue though.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied February 2020

Hi Sean, thank you for the great review.

Sherry from Law Office of Gordon N Shayne, PC

Industry: Law Practice

A Truly Great Tool

It has been easy to implement, the staff are prompt with their responses to my questions and best of all, the price is perfect!!!

Pros

My employees find this software perfectly easy! As the administrator, access is flawless, changes can be made easily, I can archive all previous entries, I can easily make changes to each employees details such as pay, vacation, holidays, etc. The cost, well, you just can't afford not to have this as an important tool in your office!

Cons

I do not have any 'cons' to date and I have been using this system for years!

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2019

What a great review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed and kind review about our time clock system. Have a great day, -OTC Team

George from HealthQuest Home Health Agency

Easy & Affordable

When I took over as CEO of our agency almost 9 years ago, we needed an electronic log in system for a small number of employees. It needed to be web based for our clinical staff in the field. This was an easy and affordable solution for our company. It has helped us streamline our payroll process. Although we have downsized our hourly staff, we still use OnTheClock as our solution for punching in and out. I'd highly recommend it to small companies that need a versatile application for tracking employee time.

Pros

Easy to use, nice interface, affordable

Cons

Maybe not good for all larger companies, but that would depend on the set up and need.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2019

Hello George, We truly value your detailed review about our time clock system. Thank you so much for your loyalty to our company and we wish you a great day!

Susan from Metro Mini Storage

This is perfect for our needs - it is a great value for a company with less than 5 employees.

Time saver and less need to research correct arrival/departure times.

Pros

I like being able to control the location of log in as employees were taking advantage when they were permitted to clock in/out from their phones. Great having ability to have holiday and vacation hours added and tracked automatically.

Cons

Would like a place to record individual notes regarding excused/unexcused absences or tardies, call offs and reasons provided for call offs.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2018

Hi Susan, We appreciate the review! We do offer an option at the bottom of the time card entry to enter notes. If you need any assistance please contact us at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to show you how to do this :) Have a great day, -OTC Team

Chelsea from US Alert LLC

Industry: Security and Investigations

Dependable Company Product

Overall experience is great! I would definitely recommend to other businesses to use for their employees.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. It is super user friendly for any and all employees to clock in and out. The time cards are also very easy to read when processing for payroll.

Cons

What I like least is the fact of going through steps just to get to the employee clock in/out. I feel there should be a direct site to the punch in/out page.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied March 2019

Hello Chelsea, Thank you for the tremendous review and feedback! The link provide below is the direct link to our employee punch site - we hope this helps :) https://www.ontheclock.com/time-clock/ Have a great day, -OTC Team

Angela from GCHC, Inc.

OnTheClock Review

We have been a customer since fall 2011. I have noticed lots of updates over the years and they have all been great!

Pros

It is nice not having to buy supplies for a traditional time clock and that each employee can clock in from their own computer. It is also nice for those that occasionally have to travel because they can still clock in and out from out of town.

Cons

Really, there isn't anything I can think of that we don't like. Obviously, if our internet is down, we don't have access to the software, but it could be worse!

Response from OnTheClock

Replied March 2019

Hello Angela, Thank you very much for the review and feedback. Your words mean a lot to our team. Thank you for your loyalty, -OTC Team

Tammy from Surgical Specialists of SW FL

Ontheclock software review

I love Ontheclock software. It is user friendly, and be utilized sitting on the beach, and the price is reasonable.

Pros

That it is Web based, that you can track where people are clocking in, that it is easy to onboard/offboard new employees

Cons

I find it harder to make a change to a punch or add a punch if the employee either forgot to punch in or forgot to punch in when they arrived. It seems to mess up the time card if there is no entry by the employee first.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied September 2018

Thank you for the generous review. If you would like any assistance with adding punches to possibly make it easier and more convenient, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help. Have a great day :) -OTC Team

VICTORIA from Exodus

Useful and easy to use

This is a good program for using for clocking in, especially for employees commonly working in locations other than the office. With the home health program, aides clocked in from clients' homes. The GPS feature tracks the location and they clock in with a pre-approved device. Makes it difficult for deception (difficult, but not impossible). Easy to use.

Pros

This software functions similar to other timeclock programs but also has a GPS feature that can detect the location of the employee when clocking in. Since the employee approves each device used, employees may find it hard to practice deception with this software.

Cons

The only negative aspect I can think of is when an employee has to get a new phone and the device has not yet been approved.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2019

Hello Victoria, Thank you for your great feedback and review about our time clock system. Have a great day! -OTC Team

Katherine from Prasada Center for Wellbeing

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Makes Tracking Time So My Easier

Overall it's a great product. The prices is right. My contractors think it's easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use, I can do scheduling of employees. Keep track of time for contractors and employees. My contractors or always in the field so the mobile app is easy to use to clock in or out.

Cons

We haven't figured out how to make changes to punches in and out times on the mobile app when someone forgets or need to adjust a punch.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock

Pricing and ease of use.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2019

Hi Katherine, thank you for the awesome feedback and review. Please contact us at 888-753-5999 or email us at support@ontheclock.com, and we will be more than happy to assist with the app punch time adjustments. Thanks again, OTC Team

Julie from Matthew A. Potter, CPA, PA

After using several online time clocks, OTC is by far the easiest to use.

I have more time to do complete income producing work because I am not hunting down or having to add up time cards. We have two office locations, and this just makes my life so much easier.

Pros

Easy to set up, takes minutes. Love the clocking in/out process (you only have the option to clock in if you're not already clocked in, and you only have the option to clock out if you're not already clocked out.) Love the PTO feature and the ability to track earned and used time off. Best online time clock system we have used.

Cons

There are really no cons. Wouldn't mind seeing a warning when an employee forgets to punch out (an email sent to the supervisor when time "on the clock" exceeds a pre-determined length).

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2017

Hello Julie, Wow! It's so nice to read that OnTheClock is able to help improve your production. Thank you for the review :) -OTC Team

Suzanne from Desert Dreamers, LLC

We needed a simple time keeping and scheduling software for a small store of 10-12 staff.

Pros

We are a small business and need to keep costs down. The price is consistent with the features. We don't need more features, and we don't want to pay for features we don't use.

Cons

Don't like that I can't use the same email for two different accounts. I have two stores, so I have 2 accounts, but have to use different emails for them. Also, as the Administrator who has to be on the schedule, I have to have different email addresses as the "employee".

Response from OnTheClock

Replied March 2018

Hello Suzanne, Thank you for the review. The reason why the same email cannot be used for two separate accounts is so that accounts do not get confused and mixed up. We are happy to have you as a customer :)

Tracey from Brian Green Agency, Inc.

Dependable and easy to use for the staff and management.

Easy to use for the staff saving me time collecting and correcting data. Easy to use for me saving me energy to devote to another task.

Pros

Simple and straightforward for everyone. I know my staff can clock in and out from their phones or computers and the information will be accurate. If I need to fix someone's time or pull previous data I can do it with just a few keystrokes saving myself time and energy.

Cons

I don't love the new update to PTO fields on the administration end but still easy to use. Just a few more keystrokes so not a huge deal.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2018

Hi Tracey, Thank you for the review and your feedback - we highly appreciate it. -OTC Team

Keith from Pinon Community School, Inc.

Using OnTheClock has be so convenient...staff literally like clocking in!!!

EVERYTHING!

Pros

I like the overall ease of using everything about OnTheClock. Staff clock in is easier to track. I love the feature where I can separate a staff working different departments and jobs. I cannot say enough positive things about this software and while it is not perfect, it does an excellent job.

Cons

It would be nice to actually see specific hours staff worked for another department and how may hours they worked rather than having have to export that info onto an Excel spreadsheet.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied February 2018

Hello Keith, Thank you for the review. We actually do offer a solution for specific hours worked for another department. This will be in our Project and Job Costing feature. If you would like to give us a call at 888-753-5999 we would be more than happy to help walk you through setting this up. Have a great day :) -OTC Team

Alice from Brown - O'Haver Public Insurance Adjusters

Solves your timecard issues

I have been with ontheclock for 10 years. It is easy for employee and employer alike.

Pros

Easy to use and set up employees. Keeps records of everything including punch in and out outside of company computers (mobily).

Cons

When you delete an employee it deletes all of the information and documentation (it doesn't save).

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2019

Hi Alice, Thank you for the review. When you first delete an employee from your list they are automatically archived where you can have access to their information, including previous time cards. Then you have the option to permanently delete them from the archived folder. We hope this info helps. If you have any questions please contact us. Have a great day!

JANELLE from Owens Interstate Sales, Inc.

Easy to Use

If a punch is missed, it is easy for me to go in and fix it on the website.

Pros

OnTheClock is super easy to use and provides my company with everything we need in a Time Clock. The employees can easily open a link on the computer desktop and clock in or out. Printing the time cards for payroll is also super easy and takes almost no time at all. I love that we use OnTheClock as our time clock of choice!

Cons

I don't like that the time cards must be saved to the computer before they can be printed.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2019

Hi Janelle! We appreciate your feedback and truly thank you for taking the time to review us! Have a wonderful day!