• Pros

• "The price point of this service is awesome, The service is easy to use."

• "Great product, easy to use, easier for the employees. I researched many online companies before picking On the Clock. I do not regret the choice I made. Awesome customer service!"

• "This software is very easy to use and very affordable. We are very happy with our choice to use it."

• Cons

• "The interface seems a bit dated but it works. It works great."

• "The scheduling feature isn't the easiest to use, so we just forego it. Otherwise we love everything about it!"

• "Not many options for administrators tho. For the final user it's really easy, but for admins, it lacks some features, but still, it's a great an easy option."

Browse OnTheClock.com Reviews

Kevin from Oxnard College

Easy and reasonably priced

Using Quickbooks with the time clock information makes payroll take a couple of minutes, allowing me to get done quickly and correctly. Employees like the ease of use, so they actually clock in and out! The cost of the program has risen, but still well worth the time savings.

Pros

As an employer I wanted an easy to use time clock. This is and has been such an easy set up and managed program I could not recommend it more highly. The ability to assign managers for other employees has made my payroll day so much easier, which is a big time saver, making payroll a breeze.

Cons

Printing options. There is not a smooth way to print audit logs. Having that additional report would be a great help for documentation of changes made after the fact.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied December 2018

Hi Kevin, We appreciate your feedback and review. Have a great day!

Tereza from Pawsitive Alliance

Why Pay Too Much for Time Tracking Software

I have had no issues with the program and use it regularly. We saved a lot of money by switching.

Pros

We have a small organization so we pay nothing for this software. It allows us to still track codes, time off etc. In fact, the time off feature works better than with some other companies as we can customize to each employee. It is easy to use. We also work remotely and don't require check in/out and are able to merely enter the number of hours for each job code.

Cons

The time off feature is a little odd as it doesn't show in the administrative reports easily. However, once you learn to use it, it works fine.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

I reviewed a bunch of products online and reviewed several articles specifically for the nonprofit arena. On the clock was recommended and I found it very easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

TSheets was too cumbersome for our small organization as we only have a few job codes. In addition, the product was costing us a fortune.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2020

Hi Tereza! Thanks for the awesome review. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with our time off tracking feature - we would love to help. Thanks again, -OTC Team

Mario from Calculus of Talent

Brilliant, easy to use, and fantastic customer support

It worked as hoped for right off the bat; and any time I had a question, I received a helpful answer right away.

Pros

Ease of use AND integration with QuickBooks Online

Cons

All features were what I needed; so I don't have any suggestions to offer at this time.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

Brief descriptions provided by alternatives made their offering(s) look complex.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied March 2021

Hello Mario, we appreciate the generous review about our time tracking software. We are extremely happy to read how simple and easy our system is for you. Have a great day, -Tim, OnTheClock

Jamie from DIMENSIONAL EXPERTS INC

Industry: Machinery

GPS does not always track

Everyone I talked to is great, I will give it a try. They told me GPS is a new feature and that they will continue to roll out features for it. I just wish it was much more transparent on how the employee controls the GPS.

Pros

The interface is great on the admin side. Our employees have liked the ease of use. The cost is really reasonable as well.

Cons

The biggest drawback and why I might switch back to TSheets is that the GPS is dependent on the employee. If they close the app out it stops tracking them. It defeats the purpose of having it to prevent time theft. I am not sure why it can't continue to run in the background as that is what TSheets does. If you create geofencing it only matters for punching in and out. If they leave it does not punch them out but continues to keep their time. The GPS feature is great but if the employees have the control over it, it defeats the purpose of having it.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

I have a friend that uses it which is why I am using the free trial. I really liked the interface and the ease of use for our employees.

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

The cost of OnTheClock was significantly cheaper than TSheets and it looked like the offered the same features. However, TSheets does not allow the employee to use the app unless they agree to the GPS tracking.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied July 2020

Hello Jamie, Thank you for the honest and kind feedback. Our developing team is currently working on some new robust and detailed features that will be geared towards improving the items you mentioned. We would love to have you continue to grow with the OnTheClock family. Have a great day, -OTC Team

Kai from KTL SMITH GROUP

Great for small businesses!

We have not had any problems that we needed addressed so far.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use. Requires little training for staff and very cost effective for the small busness!

Cons

So far we have been pleased. No complaints.

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

We wanted an online version that would be easy for our virtual assistants. I am happy we did especially during covid.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2021

Hi Kai, we are very happy to see how easy you find our time clock software to be! Have an awesome day!

Beth from Complete Cleaning Co.

Best Time-clock App!!!

Pros

This app does everything I need it to do and more! I chose this one over the others because it does a time sheet/stub I can include with my employees checks. It’s the perfect app for my cleaning business!!

Cons

I do not like that it is priced per user. As my business grows the price goes up for each new employee.

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

On the clock does more than just punch-in/out.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied December 2019

Hello Beth, Thank you for reviewing our time clock. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our pricing. We try our best to accommodate everyone's needs who uses our employee time tracking solution. Have a great day.

Ashley from Heart of Central Florida

Amazing Staff Member

Overall, I really like it. The staff love it too.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and use and how knowledgeable the staff is to the software. One staff member in particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], helps me every time I have a question. He's quick to answer and also doesn't talk to you all robotic like I've seen in other chats from other companies.

Cons

I do wish that you could set the time card to be in minutes instead of decimals when fixing hours. It's difficult to see 7.45 and think it means 7 hours and 27 minutes rather than be 7 hours and 45 minutes.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

Honestly? You guys were the only ones I could find with an online chat that had a staff member [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who could answer all of my questions.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied June 2019

Hi Ashley, thank you for the kind review regarding our product and our customer support rep, Chris. We value your feedback :)

Dan from MRC

Simple, Yet Powerful

This software has allowed me to speed up the processing of payroll, and to administer payroll remotely from the job site.

Pros

The login for staff and administration is simple and quick. The amount of customization is incredible, and more and more features are added frequently. I appreciate being able to export to QuickBooks Payroll using OTC's free converter.

Cons

For the price and ease of use, On The Clock can't be beat!

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

On The Clock was just easier to use, and the free trial gave me the confidence to try it.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2020

Thank you for the great review, Dan. Have an awesome day! -Tim G.

Brian from Blue Valley Insurance

Great software...very easy to use

Pros

It's very easy to understand and to use. Quick to learn

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about it.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

Price and ease of use and month to month (no contract).

samuel from Total Networx, Inc

Total Networx, Inc

Very positive. We needed a solution for PTO requests, approval and tracking. Also PTO accruals. This systems works very well for us.

Pros

PTO request and approval process. And PTO tracking.

Cons

Reporting features. Some navigational aspects are a little confusing for employees.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

Because it suits our needs. This system allows us to post hours in the future and we could not find another system that will do this.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2021

Hello Samuel, Thank you for your feedback and kind review. If your employees ever need assistance navigating our time clock system, we will be more than happy to assist them. Have a great day!

Dailey from Miss Maids LLC

Fool proof!!!

My overall experience with OnTheClock has been great from start to date. I just got off the phone with customer service and was super disappointed it an issue I have been having and she helped me fix it easily I love the app I love the price I love how easy it is I love how easy it is for everybody else to use it. I do not have to go through a training process with my employees it’s very self-explanatory I love that you can send your employees an invite to download the app and it pops up on their phone.

Pros

I love that my employees can easily punch in and out and then every two weeks I go in approve their time send it to my payroll software and pay my employees. Payroll takes me about 45 minutes every two weeks because of on the clock. This leaves me time to work in the field and attend other responsibilities that I have. It also leaves less room for error in time cards and allows me to know where I need to step in and help people who may be taking longer than they should regularly by glancing at their time. Also for safety purposes it’s nice to be able to know when people are working and where they might be working especially if it’s at night time.

Cons

I do my schedule a month in advance and it’s a very tedious process to sit down and do the schedule. I feel like there should be an easier way to do it. A lot of the jobs that we have a redundant and carrying over instructions when I duplicate shifts is not an option that would Make it a lot easier. Another thing I don’t like about it is that my employees cannot clock in or clock out when they do not have good cell phone service. I feel like there should be a feature that if you don’t have cell phone service you should still be able to clock out and then the app will update when you do get cell phone service.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

Because it was incredibly easy to understand how it might be used without having to use it first. I tried a few different ones first and I had to buy a trial Version or I had to try the free version first and you couldn’t use any of the features unless you bought it. From what I remember some of the other ones did not explain well on their website how the app is used or the features that it had. I needed a product that was going to be easy to use every day that we worked by multiple people and if I couldn’t understand how easy it was to use by reading the directions I assumed it wouldn’t be easy to use if I actually had it.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied November 2020

Hello Dailey, Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of improving our employee scheduling and allowing it to be a much more improved experience. Thank you so much, -OTC Team

Mark from Pacific Surgical Billing

Love this product

Easy, professional, intuitive, inexpensive, feature rich, and a set-it and forget-it type of product. We have never had to call for customer service in two years of use.

Pros

It's accurate, easy to use and implement, super reliable, and very cost efficient. Don't let the big payroll services sell you an expensive time clock product that isn't better than OnTheClock.com and that costs 10 times more!

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I didn't know about it years before I implemented it. We were using a paper system for time reporting by employees until we found someone padding their hours. OnThe Clock.com stopped the padding process immediately and paid for itself 10 times over.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2019

Hi Mark, Wow, wow, wow. This is what we have to say from your awesome review and feedback. It makes OnTheClock very happy to read how we have helped you and your company. Sounds like you had an issue with time theft from an employee, which is a huge situation among millions of companies in the world. Thanks again, OTC Team

Justin from Petrini Services

OntheClock has revolutionized our business and helped us increase revenues!

10/10. Highly recommend! Skip the other apps and use OTC.

Pros

Prior to OTC, we were having employees manually log hours. This was not effective and very time consuming because we had no way to oversee that employees were being honest about their time logs. We then tried out a few other applications, but they lacked essential functionality that we required. Then we tried OTC. It is a game changer! Our employees press 1 button on their phone to clock in and the same button to clock out. SIMPLE. The app also has GPS tracking, which shows us exactly where the employee is when they clock in and out. This ensures that they are being truthful about punches. The best part is that its completely free up to a certain number of employees. We're happy to pay for our 10 employees.

Cons

Our biggest issue was the User Interface for the admins. They recently overhauled it and now we love it. So no cons now.

Needed better functionality.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2019

Hello Justin, Thank you for taking the time to give us an honest and detailed review. We are happy that you enjoy our new time clock user interface.

David from Sessions Relocation Services

Industry: Furniture

My 2nd and last time clock system

With the Punch IN and OUT alerts I am able to monitor my jobs without logging into the clock system to see when people come and go.

Pros

1) Its user friendly. 2) As the admin and payroll reporting person, it simple for me to get the info I need to report the hours to payroll company. 3) If I need to edit employees times, I can do it in a few steps. 4) I really like that it will alert me when someone punches IN and OUT.

Cons

1) It would be nice if the system would not combine the total hours in a bi-weekly cycle. I like to look to see who is getting close to OT each week. 2) during my busy time I have to hire a staffing service. My employees start their week on Saturday. The Staffing Service starts their employees on Sunday. So I have to have 2 separate accounts to track their time. I wish I could combine the 2 accounts so I can see both at the same time. Not a huge deal.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

It was cheap and easy. Other companies gave me a lot of features I did not need.

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

I needed to upgrade to a better system and the software and hardware was above 3k. It did not make since why it cost so much for less than 10 people.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2020

Hello David, Thank you for the great review. We recently released a new feature that alerts you when employees are approaching overtime. You can set this to alert you at a specific amount of time before they will hit OT. Here is a link for you to learn more: https://www.ontheclock.com/A-Time-Clock-With-Overtime-Alerts-.aspx

Jonathan from Legally Mine

Ontheclock makes it absurdly easy to track time and punches.

Ontheclock allows us to easily track punches across all employees and locations, even remote employees who work from home. It also ensures quick, easy, and accurate punches from employees as they don't have to spend any more than a couple of seconds to punch into the Group Punch site once it's up.

Pros

The incredible amount of flexibility it offers is amazing. You can set or restrict punches from specific devices, regions, IP addresses, and similar on a per-employee basis or account-wide, allowing you to make sure that every employee is punching in when and were it's appropriate to do so. It allows a per-employee automatic accrue system for PTO. Approving PTO requests is a breeze as well.

Cons

In terms of end-user friendliness, it's a bit rough for non-tech-savvy folks to find the specific website they should log into and punch from - just going to ontheclock.com doesn't actually show anywhere you can log in or punch. This leads to needing to explain specific steps and URLs to users, or sending them a link to click, rather than just telling them to go to the site. It's also a bit of a hassle to reach the Group Punch site where employees can simply enter their employee number to punch in or out, and that could easily be resolved by having an application you could download to turn a desktop into a punch station.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied June 2019

Hi Jonathan, thank you for the great review and awesome feedback. We always like to hear how we can improve. Have a great day :)

Sue from Newport Beach Recovery Center

Great Time Clock Solution

I really love the ease of use of this software and have implemented it in two other companies I work for.

Pros

We had tried various time clock machines that failed to work consistently and then I found this software and never looked back. The customer support is superior. Easy set up, super reasonable pricing and it has all the features that my company needs.

Cons

Not too long ago they did a "face lift" to the format of the website and I liked the format of the Time Card page before the face lift.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

Loved that it was US based and we could talk directly with the developers if needed. We wanted to get rid of hardware that kept failing and loved that it was cloud based and had GPS tracking. Also, of everything we've tried in the past, it was the cheapest solution and far exceeded our expectations.

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

The biometric fingerprint scanning system always went offline and we are a 24 hour facility and couldn't have a system that kept failing. We tried several other systems prior to that and none worked consistently. We never have a problem with OnTheClock working.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied November 2019

Hello Sue, Thank you so much for the kind review and feedback. We truly appreciate it.

Armando from OnQ Contact Center

On Cue is On the clock

It will let us have a good sight of any type of trends on employees getting in late, absenteeism. This way we can spot them and have a talk to them. We keep track of overtime, so we are able to study if any employee is abusing or if a client is needing employees to do overtime we can show them a report from on the clock

Pros

It provides many different ways of keeping track of employees. Its user friendly for our employees, and does not required a highly skills in computer. It provides accurate information at the time of keeping control of overtime, vacation hours, sick and personal tme. It will let you know who is in, and out at any time of the day. It also let you see where they are punching in, and what computer they did it Its not expensive, and it will let you add the company Logo in the employee "punch in" website.

Cons

So far whe have not been able to find something to dislike from On The clock... I would say having some videos inside the administrator website showing what you're able to do will be a great way to start. But besides that On the clock is really worth its price

Response from OnTheClock

Replied February 2019

Hi Armando, Thank you for your very detailed review. We appreciate your feedback. Here is a link to our video section if you are interested :) https://www.ontheclock.com/videos.aspx Have a great day, -OTC Team

Jennifer from Clinch Valley Family Podiatry

We love OnTheClock

We've tried other time keeping solutions, but have stayed with OnTheClock now for approximately 7 or so years because it is so easy and versatile. We don't even use half the available functions because our office is small and "easy", but it's nice to know all those other functions are there for more complex businesses. In only word, the reason we have stayed is because it is "SIMPLE" and we just love that this is one thing we can count on that won't be a hassle.

Pros

Prior to switching to OnTheClock we actually had a thumbprint scanner. Half of our employees couldn't get it to scan their thumbs consistently. We have satellite offices that created a lot of manual adjusting because we only had one scanner. OnTheClock is sooooo much easier! Accessible from anywhere you have internet access and if there are manual corrections/adjustments to make they are a snap and biweekly I get OnTheClock to email our accountant timecards with no hassle.

Cons

n/a - can't really even think of any cons.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2019

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your kind review! Your feedback on how you use our time clock system for your business is very important to us as well. Have a great day!

Louie from Totally Awesome Printing by Colorado River Tees, LLC

Industry: Printing

Absolute Amazing

It has allowed me to save so much time each two weeks with figuring out my payroll for my staff. Plus it has cut out the dishonesty of some employees, who would add time to their time cards, previous to this system.

Pros

I love that I was able to get rid of my paper time cards, employees cheating on their times when they would log in and out, and it keep track of the total hours for me, instead of me having to figure everything out every payday, I run one simple report and input that info into my payroll manager.

Cons

The only issues I have, that are the time accumulator that is supposed to help me track sick time, etc is not working correctly, however I have not attempted to contact tech support yet. Also the other thing is, we are in Arizona and we do not change times, but some of my employees show up in the reports and hour off from the other employees and we have been unable to get all of our staff on the same time zones, even though we have configured the settings correctly. Otherwise a great product.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2017

Thank you for the review! We will have a representative contact you so we can assist you with tracking your employee's sick time. -OTC Team

Joseph from Gateway Chiropractic

Want your time clock easier? - Read below

I like the fact that I don't have a paper trail.

Pros

Really easy way to keep your employees honest about their time clock, punching in/out. I love the GPS feature so that they aren't "clocking in" at home then driving to the office. Called BS on that once! Also, they just whip out their phones once they get here to punch in/out, then they are finished. For payroll. Just go to manage employees tab, select the time frame for payroll. Ours is every 2 weeks. Hours are automatically calculated. IF, there's something odd, I can look at each individual punch. For instance, someone forgot to punch out and was on the clock for 27 hours straight. Quick edit and back to honest hours.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a day to get a response back from customer service. But, that's a rare occasion. A real human typically answers right away.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied November 2019

Hi Joseph, Thank you for the great review and feedback. We hope that you never have to wait for a response. Our customer support team does their best to answer tickets as soon as possible. Thank you once again and have a great day!

Matt from Matt Karl

Efficient and Complete

Overall it was exactly what I needed. The tools are very simple and easy to manage. The reporting is direct and to the point. It doesn't offer many thrills, but for the cost it's well worth the price.

Pros

The mobile platform gave a quick way to track the jobs with GPS and time stamps - VERY valuable as a contractor who travels to jobs all over. Keeping track of each client is a huge value for end of quarter reporting.

Cons

Wish they had a billing/invoicing component as part of their tool. It would be super if an invoice could be sent immediately to the client. If there IS this feature, I've not seen it yet! It does have to be connected to the Internet always for the tool to work fully... it would be nice if you could still check-in with GPS and have the software automatically add the stamp/clock track create the entry WHEN you get back online?

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

The simplicity and mobile app options made it my first choice.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2021

Hello Matt, thanks so much for your review and feedback. We appreciate the features requests and always pass these along to our developing team for future ideas. Have a great day!

Alisha from Eudora Public Library

One of the best decisions we ever made was to get one the clock!

Just not having to calculate a bunch of paper time sheets is a huge benefit!!

Pros

We love that there is an app and the majority of our staff use it. There have been very few times that we've needed to call customer service but when we do, they are fantastic and responding quickly and helping us resolve the issue. We used to do paper time sheets and will NEVER go back to that after switching to on the clock.

Cons

The app sometimes has trouble with follow through if not on wifi. If we are not watching carefully, we think we've clocked out but the app didn't follow through with it. We have to wait for the little message to come up saying the clock out occurred. Also, the last time we used the PTO request feature through the app, it didn't work properly which caused trouble on the book keeping end of things. Our staff now know that if they use that feature on the app, to notify me so I can make sure it worked.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied October 2017

Hi Alisha, Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in some of the troubles that you have experienced. We are here to help you and your company as much as possible.

Terrie from hometenders home staging & design

On The Clock - Very Effective For Our Team!

I really like it. It's awesome to look at "timecards" and see how many labor hours are being charged daily, weekly, etc. No surprises when we do payroll like when we used the Google calendar.

Pros

I like everything about this product. Before we used on the Clock, we used the Google calendar to keep track of everyones hours and it was extremely time consuming to run reports, etc. On The Clock is extremely easy and our team members rarely (I mean really rarely) experience any problems with the app!

Cons

I do have difficulty remembering how to "add" a punch if someone forgest to clock in. I wish there were an icon on the dashboard to do that. I should remember, but for some reason, I find that hard at times.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

#1 was price; #2 was easability of use.

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

Because our company was groing and we needed a real "system". This has worked really well for us! Thank you!!!

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2021

Hi Terrie, thank you for your valuable feedback and generous review. We would love to help with how to add a punch if need be. Feel free to contact us for assistance. Have a great day, OTC Team

Vivian from Nakawatase & Kaminsky, CPAs

We had an employee who's attendance and time were in question. We decided to switch from our paper system to on online system where clocking in and out were required. This software did exactly what we needed it to.

Pros

The set up and daily use is very easy. We are a small company and didn't need a complicated system at this time. It also looks like it will be a good program as our company grows and hires more employees.

Cons

Sometimes as Administrator I need to over-ride the punches. It takes me a while to get it right. Could be just that I don't remember how to do it since its not an everyday thing.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

The pricing for On The Clock was better and had all the features we needed.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied February 2020

Hi Vivian! We value your feedback and appreciate your review. If you ever need assistance with over-riding punches, please do not hesitate to contact us - we will be more than happy to assist you. Have a great day.

Jared from Legacy Orthopedics & Sports Medicine

Great cost-saving alternative to other time and attendance options

As a startup, I am leery of long-term contracts. This is a very nimble software.

Pros

Low cost and flexibility. Also, no long term contract.

Cons

New PTO years can sometimes be cumbersome to begin.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

No contract, low cost, flexibility.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the kind review and feedback, Jared. If you ever need assistance with the PTO feature then please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day.

Charisse from Pathway Biologic, LLC

On the clock is easy for the employees to clock in/out.

Pros

Easy for the employees to use. They are able to see their hours worked without an issue. It is also easy for me to see who is in and not.

Cons

On the clock, need more options for reporting. I would like to be able to print in first name order, that is the order QuickBooks has the employees. It would be nice to be able to add the salary employees to keep track of vacation, sick and holiday. I wish there was a way to add holidays for all employees, not individually.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied July 2017

Hello Charisse, Thank you for the review :) You're right, we do need more reporting options and this is something that we would like to have available sooner than later. -Salaried employees can track vacation, sick and holiday using OntheClock. They would do it the same way hourly employees do, except they would not punch in or out each day using the punch clock. -The employer can add bulk pto using OntheClock PTO Menu -> Bulk PTO. I hope this information was helpful. One of our customer support members will be reaching out to you soon to help assist you with these options. Have a great day, OTC Team

Kevin from Pierce Properties

Best clock station ever used

In the 8 years of using On The Clock it has only got better as improvements are made. Price is the best for its money. The ease of using the system saves time. Tracking employees time has never been better. Thank you On The Clock from the staff at Pierce Properties in Fayetteville Arkansas.

Pros

The ease of use for the employees and the use of a clock station in the shop. Automatic time entered for salary employees. Tracking of vacation, PTO. Texted when employee clocks in or out. Ease of editing time. Audit log. Payroll calculations.

Cons

On salary employee that are paid the same every 2 weeks regardless of hours they is no way to put pay rates in system unless you enter in hour rate rather than salary amount.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied February 2019

Hi Kevin, We can't express enough how thankful we are to have you as a customer for 8 years. Thank you for your loyalty and thank you for taking the time to review us. -OTC Team

Shelly from GCC

Perfect for Keeping Track

Pros

I love this software because of it's ease of use. The mobile app is very simple. Our staff have no problems using it. I love the reporting. Very simple, yet has everything I need.

Cons

I would love to be able to manipulate the excel report I create. Right now the report includes all variables, even the ones that we have turned off. We use PTO only for sick, vacation, personal days. I have limited what our staff can choose when entering time to just the PTO, but when you print the excel sheet, all the choices are on the sheet. I can hide or delete the columns I don't use, but there's always a risk of deleting a column with time in it. I'd love for the excel sheet to match the variables I have allowed the staff to see.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2019

Hello Shelly, Thank you for your valuable feedback and review.

Sam from Advanced Car Care Center

Co-owner of the business

Very please with it's use and assistance when needed. We are a small company and we will grow and have more users.

Pros

It's easy to use and understand. If I have an issue just a phone call and it's easily resolved. This was refereed to us by another company using this product.

Cons

I have found no real issues or complaints.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

Referred by another company and user of your product.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2020

Hi Sam! Thank you for such a kind review. We are grateful to have you as a user of OnTheClock's. Have a great day!

Robin from MCCA

Great company to work with! Easy to set-up. Customer support is friendly and quick to respond.

Pros

The software pretty much covers all the bases! The basic software is very user friendly for administrator, managers and employees. It's customizable in several areas as well. It's an really good value for all that you get. Last week, one of my colleagues was looking for a new online time clock service, and I recommended you!

Cons

I would like to be able to add text to the "SCHEDULE" function. Ex. Would be nice to be able to include the text OFF on days that employees do not work. Currently, if you don't add any hours, it is just a blank space, which can be confusing.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2018

Hi Robin, Thank you for the great review and the referral! We are thankful to have customers like yourself! Thank you for the feedback regarding text in the scheduling feature. We will inform our developers about this :) -OTC Team

Caroline from Cornerstone Dental Center

Pros

I have been using ontheclock.com for several years. This software is extremely user friendly for employees as well as bookkeepers. Their customer service through "chat" on their website is wonderful. There is always someone there to answer your questions and they can look at exactly what you are looking at to help answer any questions or solve any problem. It's very easy to add additional hours for employees or to adjust employee time if needed.

Cons

There really is not anything I don't like about the software. It has worked great for me and my employees.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2019

Hello Caroline, Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! We are extremely happy to hear that our time clock system has benefited your company. Have a great day! -OTC Team

Tammi from Apex EMS Billing Solutions

We use this for employees, entering hours daily and for tracking weekly hours.

Pros

Ease of entering hours for the employees and retrieving hours to send to payroll for me. Apparently I'm supposed to make something up to fill the space here... That's pretty ridiculous.

Cons

That PTO is automatically added to the pay hours when requested by email & approved. This has caused a lot of confusion in our organization. I'd like to see the ability to set a limit on hours that employees cannot go over. Vacation/PTO hour tracking is not easy from what I can find there. I end up tracking that on a spreadsheet, which is a pain as the employees cannot see that and it is not automated.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied March 2018

Hi Tammi, Sounds like you may need assistance with some of your time clock settings. Please give us a call at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to help you. Thank you for your review! -OTC Team

Maita from Silvercreek Home Care

Very Helpful

Pros

The on the clock app is very easy to use by our staff. Even those who are “tech challenged” have no problem with it. They can also track their hours. As an administrator, I like the feature that tracks employees whenever they are clocked in.

Cons

I wish I could email the employees total hours to our accountant who does payroll.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

The most reasonable pricing and we tried it for 30 days and was satisfied.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied July 2020

Hello Maita, thank you so much for your awesome review! We have some great news regarding an email method to send over your employees' hours to your accountant for payroll. You can simply export your employees' hours via PDF and/or Excel CSV file, save it, and email it to your accountant. BUT we have a simpler option called OnTheClock Pro. This program is designed for accountants to have access to their clients' account and time data for FREE. This is very simple and it streamlines the payroll process, while saving you time. Learn more here: https://www.ontheclock.com/time-tracking-that-connects-accountants-with-clients.aspx Please contact our support team if you have additional question how to invite your accountant to your time clock account. -OTC Team

Christina from FOCIS Counseling Services, Inc.

10 year customer!

I would recommend OTC to anyone or business needing to keep track of their employees hours, rather it be a large or small company. OTC is set up in a simple and user friendly way.

Pros

We have been using OTC for 10 years and have never had any problems with them! We have tried other time card services in the past but none have been as easy or as simple and user friendly.

Cons

We have not had any issues with using the software in the past 10 years and when I did have to call in the one time, my question was answered and I got to talk to a person and not an automated voicemail.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied June 2019

Hi Christina, Thank you very much for reviewing our employee time clock. Also, thank you for being a user of ours for so long - we truly appreciate it! Have an amazing day! -OTC Team

Brad from BGD Consulting Inc

On The Clock-One Stop Time Tracking for Small Business

Love OnTheClock and recommend it to everyone looking for a simple, cheap and easy time clock solution.

Pros

This software is very easy to set up, use and customize. Anybody who uses paper time clocks needs to look at this software, it has saved me so much time with several clients. No more adding up time cards, time sheets and tracking down time reports!!!

Cons

Occasionally some employees have had issues with the mobile app not working quite right, but that may have been fixed as I haven't had any complaints for a long long time.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied November 2018

Hello Brad, We appreciate your feedback. We have done a few updates to our mobile app to fix some bugs - this may be why you have not received any complaints in a while. Hopefully this continues and we are very happy to read your comment. -OTC Team

Sean from MaineSpace

Industry: Warehousing

Easy and an affordable way to track payroll

Extremely easy to use interface for both team members and management. Affordable but also offers web and app based options for team member punches.

Pros

OntheClock has been both a cost-effective and easy way to truck employee punches. We've been using the software for almost two years with no issues with the service, or employee use. The interface is simple, team members can easily view their punches and administratively the program is clear and concise.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind, we have had one or two 'Server' issues (?) Where a clock wouldn't register and we would have to go back and edit time cards. This may be a general internet, or usage issue though.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied February 2020

Hi Sean, thank you for the great review.

Patricia from Lubsey Medical, APS, PMTC

I have been using OnTheClock.com for 10 years - and have instituted it in many clients office since!

Easily accessible time information.

Pros

Easy to set up - implement. Easy for staff. Easy to access. Security lock down features makes it trustworthy.

Cons

Would like to force staff to change password more routinely. At some point when the staff get larger, the price can go from very affordable to questionable.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied June 2018

Hi Patricia, Thank you for the kind review. Regarding the price, our pricing per employee actually decreases with the more employees you add, so no worries there. Also, your employees do have the option to change their own password as long as you have this option turned on. How you can turn it on/off is go into the Employees tab, select the General Tab, and scroll down where it says Additional Options. You will see "Allow Changing Password" and you will have the option with a drop down box. Hope this helps :)

Kristopher from Crown Services, Inc.

OnTheClock has been the most straight forward and cost-efficient time clock system we've worked with

Pros

Mobile access with GPS tracking, regular updates, easy-to-use interface, web-based access, and competitive pricing structure are all items that are worth of highlighting with the software. Customer Service's response to questions has usually been within just a few minutes to an hour, which is leaps ahead of any other software we've worked with.

Cons

Archiving of time cards and custom date sorts on the time card tab can be display wonky and difficult to navigate. Lack of user roles also limit the functionality from an administrator perspective. We'd love a role that allows for approving of time cards without creation of users, an ability to sort by needing approval. The PTO aspect is a nice touch, but with some more functionality in regards to exporting or preventing requesting PTO beyond max use, it would merit even more priase.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2017

Thanks for the review :)

George from HealthQuest Home Health Agency

Easy & Affordable

When I took over as CEO of our agency almost 9 years ago, we needed an electronic log in system for a small number of employees. It needed to be web based for our clinical staff in the field. This was an easy and affordable solution for our company. It has helped us streamline our payroll process. Although we have downsized our hourly staff, we still use OnTheClock as our solution for punching in and out. I'd highly recommend it to small companies that need a versatile application for tracking employee time.

Pros

Easy to use, nice interface, affordable

Cons

Maybe not good for all larger companies, but that would depend on the set up and need.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2019

Hello George, We truly value your detailed review about our time clock system. Thank you so much for your loyalty to our company and we wish you a great day!

Ken from Kens Car Care Center

OnTheClock

We are trying to organize specific jobs with the punches and the employees are not working with us.

Pros

Quick end of the pay period totals and exceptional pricing

Cons

Sometimes the ability for an employee to clock in outside of the building on an app makes me question integrity. Have not had any specific issues though.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2019

Hello Ken, Thank you for the kind review. You are able to set mobile punching restrictions for your employees if mobile punching is a concern. Also, you have the ability to turn mobile punching off entirely and have them punch in and out by the use of a desktop or other methods that are inside your place of business. If you would like further assistance on this please contact us at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to assist you. Have a great day and thanks once again, -OTC Team

Emma from Winning Imprints and Custom Trophies

I love how convenient this software is for my employees to use and for me to access their data.

Pros

I like the ability to limit where my employees can sign in online. This allows me to make sure remote employees are actually at work when they clock in.

Cons

I would like to make it easier to get to the basic login screen for my employees. They often have to go to the more detailed home page first.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2018

Hello Emma, Thank you for the kind review. Here is the link below that will take your employees directly to our employee punch site. https://www.ontheclock.com/time-clock/ You can save it as a favorite on your browser. Also, we offer a widget/button for you to install onto your website for easy employee punching. The instructional link on how to install this is below. https://www.ontheclock.com/Add-A-Punch-Clock-To-Your-WebSite.aspx Hope this helps! Have a great day! -OTC Team

Sherry from Law Office of Gordon N Shayne, PC

Industry: Law Practice

A Truly Great Tool

It has been easy to implement, the staff are prompt with their responses to my questions and best of all, the price is perfect!!!

Pros

My employees find this software perfectly easy! As the administrator, access is flawless, changes can be made easily, I can archive all previous entries, I can easily make changes to each employees details such as pay, vacation, holidays, etc. The cost, well, you just can't afford not to have this as an important tool in your office!

Cons

I do not have any 'cons' to date and I have been using this system for years!

Response from OnTheClock

Replied January 2019

What a great review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed and kind review about our time clock system. Have a great day, -OTC Team

VICTORIA from Exodus

Useful and easy to use

This is a good program for using for clocking in, especially for employees commonly working in locations other than the office. With the home health program, aides clocked in from clients' homes. The GPS feature tracks the location and they clock in with a pre-approved device. Makes it difficult for deception (difficult, but not impossible). Easy to use.

Pros

This software functions similar to other timeclock programs but also has a GPS feature that can detect the location of the employee when clocking in. Since the employee approves each device used, employees may find it hard to practice deception with this software.

Cons

The only negative aspect I can think of is when an employee has to get a new phone and the device has not yet been approved.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied April 2019

Hello Victoria, Thank you for your great feedback and review about our time clock system. Have a great day! -OTC Team

Brittany from Suggs Insurance Agency

On The Clock

It's a great system. I have not had any issues and have no plans on switching.

Pros

It's just a basic clock in, clock out system. Easy to view your hours and what time you clocked in and out on any given day. Easy to fix an employees mistake if you're an admin. Some things you want extra bells and whistles, clocking in and out isn't one of them. Very functional, have never had any issues.

Cons

I didn't find anything that was not to like. There is an app for a phone or web use. Employees have found it very easy.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2020

Hi Brittany, Thank you so much for the kind review. We are pleased to read how our time clock is helping your company. Have a wonderful day!

Katherine from Prasada Center for Wellbeing

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Makes Tracking Time So My Easier

Overall it's a great product. The prices is right. My contractors think it's easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use, I can do scheduling of employees. Keep track of time for contractors and employees. My contractors or always in the field so the mobile app is easy to use to clock in or out.

Cons

We haven't figured out how to make changes to punches in and out times on the mobile app when someone forgets or need to adjust a punch.

Reasons for Choosing OnTheClock.com

Pricing and ease of use.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2019

Hi Katherine, thank you for the awesome feedback and review. Please contact us at 888-753-5999 or email us at support@ontheclock.com, and we will be more than happy to assist with the app punch time adjustments. Thanks again, OTC Team

Susan from Metro Mini Storage

This is perfect for our needs - it is a great value for a company with less than 5 employees.

Time saver and less need to research correct arrival/departure times.

Pros

I like being able to control the location of log in as employees were taking advantage when they were permitted to clock in/out from their phones. Great having ability to have holiday and vacation hours added and tracked automatically.

Cons

Would like a place to record individual notes regarding excused/unexcused absences or tardies, call offs and reasons provided for call offs.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied May 2018

Hi Susan, We appreciate the review! We do offer an option at the bottom of the time card entry to enter notes. If you need any assistance please contact us at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to show you how to do this :) Have a great day, -OTC Team

OnTheClock

An overall simplistic, easy to use time clock for your employees. Accessing your time card to view hours is simple. Submitting PTO time to be approved can be done in less than five steps. And the ease of clocking in and out makes using ontheclock worth it.

Pros

My company has been using ontheclock for a little under a year now. The desktop version is extremely easy to use and learn how to use. Clocking in and out is simple. A perk (for me) is seeing how many seconds you have until the time will change. Submitting PTO is simple and easy to use as well. You can easily access your time sheet and what PTO has been approved and what has been denied or even ones that are still in pending.

Cons

I have yet to find a negative thing about ontheclock. It can be slow at times but I do believe that is because of my internet connection and not because of ontheclock.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2020

Wow, thanks for the great review! We are very happy to read how our time clock is helping your business. Have a wonderful day!

Jessica from The Law Office of Jessica T. Sebag

Industry: Law Practice

Beats the Alternative

Positive. Ive recommenced to two fellow business owners and they both feel like I do, overall great product

Pros

I have tried a few competitors and I like OTC the best. I like that it shows you where the employee punched from, so when I'm out of town or during covid when everyone is WFH I can ensure they aren't clocking in from other locations. Overall it works for my needs and we set its periods its counting to match our payroll periods and it makes pulling time a breeze.

Cons

I wish it showed punches from other days as far as locations, like so I could look back over a significant time period or go back to pull a specific punch location. I also wish the pricing was lower. I am about to add another employee and costs add up so fast running a business

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

The other product was clunky and not streamlined and took a long time to set up and still never met our needs

Response from OnTheClock

Replied August 2020

Hello Jessica! Thank you so much for the great feedback.

Chelsea from US Alert LLC

Industry: Security and Investigations

Dependable Company Product

Overall experience is great! I would definitely recommend to other businesses to use for their employees.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. It is super user friendly for any and all employees to clock in and out. The time cards are also very easy to read when processing for payroll.

Cons

What I like least is the fact of going through steps just to get to the employee clock in/out. I feel there should be a direct site to the punch in/out page.

Response from OnTheClock

Replied March 2019

Hello Chelsea, Thank you for the tremendous review and feedback! The link provide below is the direct link to our employee punch site - we hope this helps :) https://www.ontheclock.com/time-clock/ Have a great day, -OTC Team

Angela from GCHC, Inc.

OnTheClock Review

We have been a customer since fall 2011. I have noticed lots of updates over the years and they have all been great!

Pros

It is nice not having to buy supplies for a traditional time clock and that each employee can clock in from their own computer. It is also nice for those that occasionally have to travel because they can still clock in and out from out of town.

Cons

Really, there isn't anything I can think of that we don't like. Obviously, if our internet is down, we don't have access to the software, but it could be worse!

Response from OnTheClock

Replied March 2019

Hello Angela, Thank you very much for the review and feedback. Your words mean a lot to our team. Thank you for your loyalty, -OTC Team