What are Insights users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Insights software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like the opportunity to set up meetings with direct reports."
  • icon"I really like that insights showcases all the goals and daily tasks I should be focusing on. As someone who has a lot going on, I love being able to get refocused looking over my insights."
  • icon"I didn't have the chance to use it properly, but I really like the UI, it's nice and clean."
  • icon"For a new user it is very very complex to understand it and we have to adjust ourselves to use your non-sense features."
  • icon"It is very difficult to track the reviews, goals and ratings given for a resource and the dashboard is missing."
  • icon"Once a goal is created, it can not be deleted, not even by supervisor. So if you make a mistake, it'll always haunt you on your front page."

Browse all Insights Reviews

• Have you used Insights and would like to share your experience with others?

Nancy

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

OpaConnect is the tool I've been looking for!

OpaConnect has given me a great framework for documenting conversations. This ensures that all parties are on the same page and provides employees with very clear expectations and outcomes.

Pros

I love OpaConnect because it allows me to communicate regularly with a team of consultants who all work remotely. I can easily see what projects they are working on, it helps guide our conversations so they stay on track, and is an easy way to tie individual goals and responsibilities into the bigger picture. OpaConnect allows me to set deliverables and expectations that are clear and provides a structure for more regular, meaningful conversations.

Cons

I would like to see OpaConnect more integrated with my Outlook calendar. While it does place the meeting on my calendar, I don't have insight into open timeframes for both parties when setting up a new meeting.

Jessica

Performance and Feedback Cycle Refined

Overall, Insights still feels like the right tool for our organization. Things move to quickly to wait for annual evaluations and the interface is simple yet still captures the importance measures of the job. We are glad to be using it and excited to see how cultural will change the more it is used.

Pros

Insights combines and simplifies the performance and feedback cycle. Mission and vision, values and behaviors become regular topics of conversation. using the system is far easier than doing rigorous annual performance reviews. Clicking the buttons fun and easy. It is structured but allow for a lot of commenting which is very helpful. Not intimidating to use.

Cons

Since I already meet with staff weekly, sometimes the monthly meeting feels too frequent. We are not there yet but would like to use the system to tie into compensation. It would be good for the system to have a built-in way to do that.

Reasons for choosing Insights

Simplicity over ADP which felt like more of the traditional models. Not as gimmicky as Reflektive, which almost didn't seem like a serious tool, #1on1

Lauren

Feedback On Insights Jan 20

Overall I would say the software was launched (opa Connect) too soon. I felt like the deliverable was a 'beta' and we were working through the kinks as a customer rather than a usability team. The software has grown but there's still kinks that should have been addressed before anticipating that managers would be using this tool for quarterly reviews. I'd like to see much more dynamic product management, prioritizing fixing some of the above mentioned items, so that the tool could become seamless and therefore more productive. Further, I'd like to hear that UserGroups were invited to try the improvements in a test bed or similar activity. Prove to me that your standards are high and that you value my time as a customer.

Pros

I like the fact that the software is fairly 'light' in that the user interface isn't terribly heavy or requiring of multiple steps to complete a task as do many other programs. Also, I appreciate the different tact of Behind, OnTrack and Ahead as it introduces a fuller conversation - which is ultimately the end goal.

Cons

1) Completing a quarterly review and not having the individual employee review actually complete; bouncing back saying it wasn't done and sending out alerts to mgr and employee. 2) Displaying all the archive information when doing quarterly reviews - introducing visual clutter 3) Ease of finding simple things - last quarter's information 4) Syncing with calendar; Once a quarterly review was set and moved in laptop calendar, the EOY review didn't reschedule as expected. 5) Comment box has no line spacing - which looks like a uni-blob 6) Goals and responsibilities cannot be copied for next year 7) Formatting in the comment box beyond line spacing

Organization made the change

Katie

Easy Reviews

Overall, I enjoy the softwar and think it is an easy and consistent way to connect with people.

Pros

I like that it tracks feedback month over month; I like that its very user friendly.

Cons

If you click out of a comment before saving, you lose the entirety of the comment. It's also hard to navigate between comments on a review.

Reasons for switching to Insights

HR made switch for company because of ease of use and goal-setting in this system.

OpaConnect Great for Alignment & Transparency

Overall I feel that OpaConnect has brought a level of transparency to what we are focused on as an organization and how we all align to the strategic objectives. The tool has also decreased the administrative time of the "review" process as the meet and prep processes are simple and straightforward, which encourages and sustains better conversations between managers and employees.

Pros

#1 favorite component is the "meet" functionality. The pre-meet or "prep" is a great tool for both employees and managers. #2 Fav: Employees can easily align their goals to company strategies creating the elusive line of sight and the tool allows everyone to see how the collective organization is trending toward those strategies. #3 Fav: Core Behaviors (aka values) are included in the review or "meet" process. It keeps them front and center and creates a space to discuss how they are lived (or not) by the individual.

Cons

My only con is the back end. Set up is easy but reporting is challenging. The support team is SO open to customer feedback and share their roadmap so I know this is one area that will see improvement in the near term. From an end user perspective it's pretty easy, clean experience.

Aaron

Cost Effective and Easy to Use

Great customer service and a high-level if support with the rollout.

Pros

It is easy to use and delivers on some of our core business concerns around performance management.

Cons

I don’t like that the 360 feedback tool isn’t anonymous.

Response from 20/20 Insights

Thanks Aaron, really appreciate your review and we will add your comments to our product roadmap. Have a great weekend, Kirsti

Overall Good App

good

Pros

all the features which are very helpful.great app

Cons

frankly nothing .all the features are good and easy to use

Cynthia

User Review

Pros

It intergrates into other systems I use at my company.

Cons

The Performance review is not nuanced enough.

Response from 20/20 Insights

Thanks Cynthia, we really appreciate your feedback. I would be interested in getting more of your ideas about how we could be more nuanced. Any chance you would be willing to have a quick call to discuss? Thanks so much, Kirsti

Leticia

review

Pros

I like that we can see the shout outs for the company. We can also see the responsibilities we all share.

Cons

Didn't allow me to copy /paste information.

Response from 20/20 Insights

Hi Leticia, thanks so much for giving us the feedback. I'm wondering where you are having a problem with the copy and paste function. I'd like to get that fixed for you. Please let me know so we can get that addressed. Have a great weekend, Kirsti

Project Manager

Awesome!

Pros

It allows me to work with my team that works remotely

Cons

I would like this to be able to work with Outlook.

Catalina

Nice idea, requieres a lot of follow up

following up on my 1:1s and preparing for them is very easy and intuitive

Pros

Scheduling your 1:1s is easy. Going through your 1:1s is organized and easy to follow Linking your goals to de company goals is very useful Having to come up with things to measure if you are behind, on track or ahead gives you goal more accountability Customer support is fast and friendly

Cons

There is no email notifications so it's hard to remember when you have to do something Most of the company shares the indian culture way of doing performance reviews, which is by rating, they should offer some kind of change management advice to deal with this kind of cultural issues

Product with easy to use

i have joined nisum technologies few months back and i tried to fill my first quarter skills and learnings. I felt really good while using the application because it has lot of option to describe yourself and felt lucky that i no need to full fill that excel sheet for performance review.

Pros

This software captures more more information about employee who want to describe more and show what are the skills has been used through out the year.

Cons

All things are good but if there is any instruction/demo video how to use the software that would good.

JENNIFER

Pretty great tool to have

The honest feedback has improved- everyone is on the same page of goals and expectations which are set by employees. The measurements are the best part because the employee defines them and the manager holds them to the employee's own standards- there's no misunderstanding of standards. Coming to a final rating is great because there's no discrepancy as to what the outcome of your goals/progress is- this is crucial in pay for performance models. We were able to successfully roll out pay for performance raises using Insights.

Pros

I like the connection between team members- we can see how each person/team is contributing to our 5 year Strategic Plan. I feel the layout is very helpful and self explanatory (for the most part) to new users (i.e. what to write in the empty sections). The shout-outs section is a nice addition for team morale and recognition. I like that the process allows for managers and team members to be on the same page about progress- we utilize this system strongly in our Pay for Performance model that determines pay raises each year. I like the physical documentation of goals, growth, setbacks and feedback. I like that feedback can be requested at any time, from anyone in the organization. Staff love the man throwing confetti at the completion of things!

Cons

Archiving goals was a little tricky when staff moved from one site to another (had a different manager previously than at the time of archive). I had a previous issue with final ratings not showing up, although we pushed the celebration man button at the end of our meeting. I'm not sure how (or if i can) to delete notifications i never completed and are now old (someone requesting 360 feedback but it was a mistake) It can be timely to enter all information/request meetings/send notes back and forth, especially for new or older generation users. It can take away from the face-to-face time.

Stacy

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

OpaConnect revolutionizes the evaluation process at Kids' Country!

If you are looking for a paperless, clear, simple and transparent solution to employee engagement and evaluation process woes, look no further!

Pros

Kids' Country has struggled with the formal evaluation process for many years. Lack of time, an employee base that does not access technology regularly, and the disconnect between frontline staff and organizational initiatives are just some of the challenges we faced. Once we completed our strategic planning process and determined that employee engagement, recruitment and retention were key opportunities for us, we began to look for an alternative to the formal process. OpaConnect has been a dream come true. The system has taken what used to be a scary, complicated and laborious process, and created what is now something our staff look forward to. The system clearly makes the connection between front line staff's goals to our key strategic initiatives. It also allows for more consistent and casual conversations regarding staff performance versus the dreaded annual meeting. Employees are empowered to keep notes and tasks documented within Opa to talk about with their supervisors. "Shoutouts" allow for anyone to celebrate colleagues for any reason. The behind, on track or ahead rating is simple and easy to understand. The transparency regarding goals and initiatives across all levels has also created a new found trust at Kids' Country. The customer service support has been phenomenal. I've provided quite a bit of feedback in the form of features that would be helpful and all of it has been heard, considered and much of it was implemented! I cannot speak highly enough of OpaConnect!

Cons

The reporting function is slightly behind where I'd like it to be but I know that they are working on solutions for that.

Carol

Overall Like it

Overall, it makes performance reviews and check-ins much easier and user-friendly

Pros

I like that it is simple and fairly easy to navigate - I like the goals function and the overall plan of the 1:1 concept. I like that it stores data so you can complete a performance review (have not gotten there)

Cons

I had a period of trial and error, and ended up creating a brand-new performance review for a staff member because they had not completed it before we "met'. It was a one-way workflow; it would have been nice to know this. I also had another error message that would not let me complete my review with my staff, and it took three days to hear back from support. Not crazy about scheduling a review before I work on it, but that's not a deal-breaker. All in all I like it and look forward to using it as a great performance tool.

Organization decision

Response from 20/20 Insights

Hi Carol, I apologize that it took us so long to get back to you. I'm going to look into that as it is not our practice to take so long. I'm glad you are using the tool and we are looking to change the way you can make changes to your review after you have finalized it. Thanks for the input, Kirsti

Venkata Subramanyam

Insights

It is good so far. I liked it

Pros

We can ask review from any of our colleagues. We can get clear feedback from supervisor. We can schedule one on one from insights itself with peers.

Cons

Notifications after completing review would be added.

Vivek

Feedback Review for Insights

We use for performance evaluation and setting up 1:1

Pros

1. I was surprised to see the number of features provided for performance evaluation. It was good to see a different section for Goals and Responsibilities. I like the feature where you could request for a 360 degree overall. 2. Clear Separation of concerns for "Me", "My Team" and Overall Company

Cons

1. The first and foremost is the SSO with Okta which almost never works. 2. It would be better if we are allowed to express free text while writing our goals which at this moment is restricted 3. It's filled with lot of features but then one has to explore by spending an enormous amount of time playing around with it. For example, I was trying to do performance evaluation for my team and it did not clearly show me where and how to give point on a scale say(1-5) 4. It would be nice if we have a pop-up with a recommendation on what to do next as when I am done with a topic. (Example if an employee fills in his goals, then encourage he/she to the next steps for setting up a quick 1:1 with his/her manager. There is a lot of scope here to explore which will improve the user experience

Reasons for switching to Insights

For more features that align with our company goals

Steve

Employee engagement that flows naturally, easily.

Everyone is happier (other than "C" players who need a new home). Record-breaking year for our firm, partly attributable to Insights.

Pros

A simple process hides incredibly powerful tools to encourage rhythmic conversations around responsibilities, goals, and metrics - that you develop together. Every team member wants, needs, and deserves to know how their performance is to be scored. They score themselves, their coach scores them, and they come together to discuss. Beautiful solution to poor execution, not living cultural values, and not getting goals met by lackluster execution.

Cons

None. Simple, does what it says. Not Insights problem, but coaches need to stay on team to keep the monthly conversations going or process could morph to inaction.

Mounika

Good site for industrial growth

Pros

It has more feature to describe an employee

Cons

Too many fields, it has , less fields and more precise feature, need to have less feature and great quality.

Carlos

It's easy to use but notifications can be better

I'm using it to measure the progress of my team in achieving their annual goals

Pros

I loved the user experience and the way it allows you to measure progress on goals and responsibilities. The way that makes the info available it's a great value for the organization

Cons

The notifications when setting up a new 1:1 can be better, right now it doesn't allow me to select available rooms from my calendar, and the reminders are not sent to my email as frequent as they do in Google Calendar

Marvella

Insightful

My overall experience is ok. It is neither the best or worst tool that I have used, to set goals. I do use it because I have to, it is not something i prefer to use. I would use this more if there was an option to change the look/ template. I am constantly looking at my calendar throughout the day and week. So maybe making a calendar template with editable lists would be great and if you can sync certain events with your calendar.

Pros

I like the admin feature and the changes over the course of the last few months. Making changes and sending invitations on my own are great.

Cons

It was hard to understand the 3 areas behind, on track, ahead. This was hard to articulate and understand for roles. Less analytical roles that could not provide numbers and data. I am an overachiever, so I want to be ahead, but when explained to me what being ahead required, its not feasible with most of my goals. Also, some fields go unused, because I may not know the tasks and individual dates and/or timeframes.

Lucero

Insights is great

Pros

That is can be public or you can set it as privet and not everyone will see that.

Cons

There is nothing so far that i don't like.

Alaa

Simple, efficient, secure

Pros

-Costumer service was great when my appt crashed -Secure, done through the company

Cons

-app crashes sometimes -no feature to save numbers

Response from 20/20 Insights

Thanks Alaa, I appreciate your comments and we will look into the issues of the platform crashing.

SHARAN

My review which came from bottom of my heart

level of hierarchy that shows was great

Pros

I am a user of Insights convey this to people how easy to use and it helps you in tracking your goal and each and everything where all our superiours tell how to improve the work what kind of things are they expecting from you and the progress of what you are doing.

Cons

it would be helpful if notification is sent on a daily basis on track of our work

Arul

Very good tool

Its very good tool to get the performance review of each and everyone with proper manner and it is very useful to get review of other and get notified what needs to be improved, what went well and next.

Pros

To get the performance review by 360 degree format with out missing any details from both manager, teams and self review. It would be very helpful to understand all the points from all of them

Cons

Least like part is keep on creating and archiving the every years goals and responsibilities . This can be changed once year end review done it should automatically archive for last years one.

4.15/5 out of 152 reviews