All SocialSchedules Reviews

Mike

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great scheduling platform with lots of extras!

PROS

Ease of use. Messaging system and shift swap approvals.

CONS

There wasn't much not to dislike about this product. I've had no user issues with it, nor manager issues with it.

Rachel

Reviewed October 2019

Great free option for scheduling software with potential for more

I had a great on-boarding session with their training team. They do offer employee data importing as part of their setup but I did it all myself and it wasn’t too bad.

PROS

Super easy to use and set up. It has been as smooth of a transition for our employees One could hope for. Most employees have been able to get it set up and availability updated with no direct instruction other than our expectations.

CONS

A few simple features I would like to see on the app are: view only first initial of last name on printed schedule (privacy issue of employees), hide total hours on printed schedule, select individual rights for remote clock in (paid version).

Reason for choosing SocialSchedules

When I Works app was very glitchy and its expensive for just a scheduling package. Free trial only allows you to schedule out 10 days and that made the testing out process double the work.

Alex

iOS compatibility

Everything is great about opensimsim except in January of 2019 the update they did made their system non-compatible with use on iPad. This is a huge huge downside of the product someone not to smart didn’t keep the system compatible with iOS on an iPad cuz I used it for over a year that way. I don’t carry or want to carry a laptop with me everywhere which means I get chained to a desk to write schedules now that I can’t use my iPad anymore. Two thumbs down!!!!

Bryant

Photography, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Multi-Unit Scheduling

PROS

It gives us ease of access to schedules for multiple locations, and easy to identify and contact an employee that is working.

CONS

Setting up mutiple locations and schedule labeling/identification.

Reasons for switching to SocialSchedules

More centralized location of schedules for multiple locations.

Kay

Reviewed August 2019

Volunteer Schedule

This is a very easy to use product.

PROS

I like the price, because we are a non-profit organization with about 20 volunteers. I needed something that would keep track of everyone and with your product I can see the schedule on my phone or computer. It is very handy.

CONS

I'd like to be able to schedule people from my phone.

Reason for choosing SocialSchedules

OpenSimSim allowed me to schedule out for months at a time. The When I Work program only let me go out for 10 days.

Nicholas

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Payroll Software

Overall great use and price

PROS

web-based, price, and on-boarding for employees. The software gives you the flexibility that you need when running payroll.

CONS

No phone app. It is difficult to navigate the first uses.

price

Reasons for switching to SocialSchedules

Employee visibility of whats happening with their wages.

Angela

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Small Non-Profit Employee

PROS

I like that I am able to check my schedule online with ease. I am also able to request time off and that can make it easy so I do not have to come into the office to request.

CONS

I don't know if this was an option that my employer chose, or if it is part of your software, but I would like to be able to see who is scheduled throughout the week. This can solve some confusion if a shift is covered or give you the ease of looking to switch shifts or ask others to cover a shift for you.

Reasons for switching to SocialSchedules

I am not sure of the reason for the switch, I was not informed.

Jenelle

Political Organization, 11-50 employees

Great Scheduling Platform

Overall, I think OpenSimSim is beneficial for small businesses who are looking for something that is simple, free, but VERY effective.

PROS

I've been using OpenSimSim now for over a year. I really enjoy all of the benefits of the program. Obviously, the greatest thing about OpenSimSim is that it is free; however, I also really love the ease of use. If I am unable to put in the schedule for my agents, it is easy to instruct one of my mentors to do so. The platform is colorful, fast, and the notifications setting is much appreciated by myself as well as my staff.

CONS

I feel like the platform is geared more towards businesses that consistently have weekly set schedules. With the type of business we handle, I wish there was an easier way to create multiple shift opportunities for one day. We could really benefit from being able to quickly create shift intervals. The mobile app lags a bit when a shift is posted, preventing agents from applying for the shift in a timely manner. I also wish the chat system was an API that could be integrated into other programs so that everything can be uniform.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Great platform

Outstanding

PROS

As a GM I love OpenSimSim it’s very user friendly

CONS

Budgeting wasn’t working at first but then did work.

Parker

Reviewed November 2022

SocialSchedules

SocialSchedules is a great software to use for setting empolyee schedules.

PROS

SocialSchedules allows you to see your workweek schedule at a quick glance and also allows you to see what coworkers are scheduled the same day you are. There is also a chat feature to allow you to send messages to coworkers.

CONS

The chat feature does not do a great job of notifying when someone has sent you a message. A better notification system would make this software perfect.

Kelly

Retail, 2-10 employees

Great for Small Business

We have appreciated the overall support from the OpenSimSim team.

PROS

I love the ability to love prior schedules and just paste to future weeks. We have been using OpenSimSim for more than 2 years and it was a huge improvement from the manual process we used. The ability to use the app for our associates has greatly improved our scheduling efficiency and reduced the errors in availability and scheduling.

CONS

We have had no issues with the software.

Riley

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

SocialSchedules - You can trust it

PROS

SocialSchedules is easy to read and manage. Our schedules are published every Friday, and we receive a notification as soon as our manager sends it through. I can see my weekly schedule, and I can see a countdown until my next shift is scheduled to start. I can also rotate my screen sideways to see the schedule for the week along with who else is scheduled to work each day. This makes swapping shifts easier if necessary. I can also message my coworkers in the app and receive managerial notifications in the messaging section or in the "Schedule Notes" section on the home page, which is flagged with a red dot if there is a note that needs to be read. Submitting time off requests is a piece of cake, truly. There is even a segment to leave a note about why you are requesting off, which comes in handy! Overall, I enjoy this product.

CONS

I do not like how I cannot see my total weekly hours after the initial schedule notification is opened. I must manually count my hours if I want to know my exact weekly total. I also do not like how I cannot see the day of the week I am looking at when requesting time off; it would be more convenient if there were a calendar layout as opposed to manually scrolling to the date, month, and year you need.

Emiko

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

It’s alright

It’s ok. It works, and it’s what my organization is using.

PROS

The design is easy and simple to see. Updates are made real time and notifications are sent.

CONS

There are functionality limited to mobile, and this is extremely unhelpful when I’m working at a customer service position where I’m not supposed to look at my phone. Cons on the computer: -I cannot see who else is working when I’m not working that day. -I cannot see a list of people and their shifts the way I can view it on mobile. -When I make the window size smaller (when I have to sometimes for my work), the application won’t let me view anything. Overall cons: -Setting availability/unavailability is a nightmare. It just takes so much time, especially when my hours are variable. There must be a better way to design this. Also, this function is limited to the web app — why design the software where the functionality is half and half between different platforms? -is there a way to change the view setting to “Month”? That will make the schedule easier to see. -The notifications are exsessive — I get one when my schedule is changed, then published. For one change, I get four notifications (2 app, 2 emails).

Melodee

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Observations from a first time schedule app user

Paper schedules were awful. It wasn't until we went to OpenSimSim that I found out how truly time consuming and wasteful paper schedules really were. After printing the schedule, it was almost always an incorrect copy by the end of the day. It was so frustrating. Now, everyone is up to date 24/7, able to see who is available for swapping and can swap shifts on their own. I appreciate having OpenSimSim as part of our scheduling process. Thank you!!

PROS

1.I love that there is an app! Doggonit, that thing is awesome!! When staff can get on there and swap and not have to call or message me to make that change, that's AWESOME!! 2. The help desk people (bless their hearts) are very patient, knowledgeable and are available to help every time I have messaged them. 3. I really like that I can stay home when someone calls in. I just open my app and send out a message as well as ask individually if needed.

CONS

1. I would like to be able to see/print a month view at a time 2. I would somehow REALLY REALLY like to be able to see what changes were made to each shift ie..who traded with who, who was originally scheduled on a shift, etc... 3. I would also like the ability to shrink the page (on the screen) so that I'm not constantly scrolling and up and down the page through a long list of staff

Gabriel

Reviewed February 2019

Good scheduling tool for managing a bar

I have enjoyed OpenSimSim more than our previous scheduling tool. Since pretty much everyone carries a smartphone these days, the schedules are easily distributed to the employees.

PROS

I like that the software works on multiple operating systems as well as moblile devices. I find the 'landscape' feature when a mobile phone is turned sidways to be especially helpful and well thought out. I really like genaral ease of use for scheduling, removing, and adding workers, arranging time off, basically keeping everyone in communication (and thereby accountable).

CONS

I have not discoverd how to do all my managent tasks from my phone, and thus must always use my computer. I don't know if that's an option, but it hasn't been intuitive enough that I have figured it out (or important enough that I have spent time to figure it out). I wish that when people sent messages that they were more flagged or intrusive, I have a lot going on and sometimes I miss messages sent through OpenSimSim... Like a pop up window or something?

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2019

OpenSimSim for rostering

extremely positive. Opensimsim has given us increased productivity and efficiency. Communication between all staff is easy and encouraged through this software. Overall it saves so much time, is flexible, is easy, fast and overall reliable.

PROS

Ease of use by managers, administrators and regular staff. Straight forward and up to date, even old timers can quickly gain the skills to use opensimsim. I love how you can select particular staff, times, breaks and see a total hours per week. Shift dropping and swapping is also a function that helps take stress off myself as a coordinator. the messaging tool is great also and saves some time in last minute needs and cuts out emails.

CONS

This software works perfectly for my personal use. Another department here onsite use opensimsim for their rostering but use the publishing option to send out shifts for the whole department at once. They do seem to have trouble working around this but are quite new to the tool as well

Reason for choosing SocialSchedules

Faster and more efficient way of communicating shifts and sending rosters. OpenSimSim has greater features and is easy to follow

A Small Restaurants Review of Epos

Initially the customer support was eager & helpful. It was a little bit frustrating to have to deal with multiple people (I kept being told that my support "person" was no longer with the company). With that said, I still found everyone to be knowledgeable and friendly. Luckily I have been able to troubleshoot most problems myself, which is good because I have found the callback time to not be especially fast with the basic package.

PROS

Cost. For the features it offered, it seemed to be a good value and they didn't insist I use their credit card processor. My staff hasn't had really any difficulty using the program. It seems very straightforward.

CONS

Not that I have a lot of experience with this type of software but setting up some of the till-order details seemed like it could be more stream-lined. I know it is not specifically designed for restaurants but it would be great if it included more sub category options instead of having lots of multiple choice product group. Also, being able to have a negative charge option would be helpful when somebody want to remove an item from the meal.

Ryan

OpenSimSim, so easy!

I love OpenSimSim, it has helped me schedule my employees better and has increased communications with everyone. If ever I have a question, the Support team is right there, very responsive.

PROS

I like how easy it is to add new employees to the system. I like how the everyone can know what they need to through the app. I also like the budgeting feature to help keep our production costs down. I also like the messaging feature, I don't use email anymore.

CONS

One thing I don't like is how I can't assign more tasks or positions to one person per shift, or maybe I just don't know how. Another thing is, sometimes I would like to see all of my employees schedules at once instead of scrolling up and down.

Katie

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Open simsim

Opensimsim saves us mass emailing our staff, then receiving numerous emails to confirm if they can work. Therefore making the process alot simpler and easier. The staff also find it great because they can look in one place rather than having to find their emails. It has definitely made life simpler, easier and quicker.

PROS

If is easy to use, quick to put shifts on and for staff to select them. Since implementing it has definitely sped up the process of staff g jobs.

CONS

Would love to introduce the time management aspect of the software to save staff having to sign a form. However because you have to pay for each user and we have 88 that don't work all the time. It is not a cost effective option for us. If there was a monthly set fee that we could pay for the option that would be far better.

Molly