All SocialSchedules Reviews

Mike

Industry: Restaurants

Great scheduling platform with lots of extras!

Pros

Ease of use. Messaging system and shift swap approvals.

Cons

There wasn't much not to dislike about this product. I've had no user issues with it, nor manager issues with it.

Great scheduling app

My overall experience has been wonderful this app has streamlined our scheduling and is super easy to use

Pros

Being able to easily set and send schedules

Cons

Glitches in the software when scheduling or swapping or dropping shifts

Reasons for choosing SocialSchedules

Met with owner great guy and gave us a free trial and we loved it great company

Alex

iOS compatibility

Everything is great about opensimsim except in January of 2019 the update they did made their system non-compatible with use on iPad. This is a huge huge downside of the product someone not to smart didn’t keep the system compatible with iOS on an iPad cuz I used it for over a year that way. I don’t carry or want to carry a laptop with me everywhere which means I get chained to a desk to write schedules now that I can’t use my iPad anymore. Two thumbs down!!!!

Parker

November 2022

SocialSchedules

SocialSchedules is a great software to use for setting empolyee schedules.

Pros

SocialSchedules allows you to see your workweek schedule at a quick glance and also allows you to see what coworkers are scheduled the same day you are. There is also a chat feature to allow you to send messages to coworkers.

Cons

The chat feature does not do a great job of notifying when someone has sent you a message. A better notification system would make this software perfect.

Rachel

Great free option for scheduling software with potential for more

I had a great on-boarding session with their training team. They do offer employee data importing as part of their setup but I did it all myself and it wasn’t too bad.

Pros

Super easy to use and set up. It has been as smooth of a transition for our employees One could hope for. Most employees have been able to get it set up and availability updated with no direct instruction other than our expectations.

Cons

A few simple features I would like to see on the app are: view only first initial of last name on printed schedule (privacy issue of employees), hide total hours on printed schedule, select individual rights for remote clock in (paid version).

Reasons for choosing SocialSchedules

When I Works app was very glitchy and its expensive for just a scheduling package. Free trial only allows you to schedule out 10 days and that made the testing out process double the work.

Bryant

Industry: Photography

Multi-Unit Scheduling

Pros

It gives us ease of access to schedules for multiple locations, and easy to identify and contact an employee that is working.

Cons

Setting up mutiple locations and schedule labeling/identification.

Reasons for switching to SocialSchedules

More centralized location of schedules for multiple locations.

Kay

Volunteer Schedule

This is a very easy to use product.

Pros

I like the price, because we are a non-profit organization with about 20 volunteers. I needed something that would keep track of everyone and with your product I can see the schedule on my phone or computer. It is very handy.

Cons

I'd like to be able to schedule people from my phone.

Reasons for choosing SocialSchedules

OpenSimSim allowed me to schedule out for months at a time. The When I Work program only let me go out for 10 days.

Nicholas

Payroll Software

Overall great use and price

Pros

web-based, price, and on-boarding for employees. The software gives you the flexibility that you need when running payroll.

Cons

No phone app. It is difficult to navigate the first uses.

price

Reasons for switching to SocialSchedules

Employee visibility of whats happening with their wages.

Angela

Small Non-Profit Employee

Pros

I like that I am able to check my schedule online with ease. I am also able to request time off and that can make it easy so I do not have to come into the office to request.

Cons

I don't know if this was an option that my employer chose, or if it is part of your software, but I would like to be able to see who is scheduled throughout the week. This can solve some confusion if a shift is covered or give you the ease of looking to switch shifts or ask others to cover a shift for you.

Reasons for switching to SocialSchedules

I am not sure of the reason for the switch, I was not informed.

Jenelle

Industry: Political Organization

Great Scheduling Platform

Overall, I think OpenSimSim is beneficial for small businesses who are looking for something that is simple, free, but VERY effective.

Pros

I've been using OpenSimSim now for over a year. I really enjoy all of the benefits of the program. Obviously, the greatest thing about OpenSimSim is that it is free; however, I also really love the ease of use. If I am unable to put in the schedule for my agents, it is easy to instruct one of my mentors to do so. The platform is colorful, fast, and the notifications setting is much appreciated by myself as well as my staff.

Cons

I feel like the platform is geared more towards businesses that consistently have weekly set schedules. With the type of business we handle, I wish there was an easier way to create multiple shift opportunities for one day. We could really benefit from being able to quickly create shift intervals. The mobile app lags a bit when a shift is posted, preventing agents from applying for the shift in a timely manner. I also wish the chat system was an API that could be integrated into other programs so that everything can be uniform.

Scott

Industry: Supermarkets

Rosters the way they Should be

The managers enjoy using it and wouldn't go back to how we where doing it. The team have shown an increase in picking up extra shifts and sticking to what agreed changes they had arranged with managers. Our roster is now more steady and hours worked more accurate to our ideal workflow.

Pros

Its simple and easy to use. It gives you all the information that is required to make informed decisions when planning your teams hours, it gives clarity and removes confusions when dealing with shift swaps and holidays, Both employer and employee are on the same page via a cloud format that automatically updates every one when changes are made. Can roster multiple departments so when in a big retail business you can plan for team members to be working in a different department too. The messaging function is the easiest way to connect with 100+ people in just a few clicks, this helps drive engagement through communication.

Cons

A few upgrades that would improve this further is: A function to save and print time off requests and approvals so that we could go paperless and keep complient with the IRD -this would also give option for the employee to complete a virtual signature on screen Also editing a master roster would be great - currently not an option to edit a roster without having it uploaded into an actual week - master rosters are forever changing so would be great to keep these updated simply as things change. I always found the name OPENSIMSIM "out there" and odd however UBER would have also sounded strange until it was a house hold name, SIMSIM could be as big soon enough!!

Kyle

Love the app!

Super stoked on it. It’s great for the staff on their end it could just offer a few more tools to make the admins jobs easier

Pros

Love the interface. Communication process is great and customer service is amazing.

Cons

-want to be able to easily black out dates for time off requests. -a way to force staff to look at messages even or notes and “agree” that they have read them would be awesome. -would love to have an interface to build “standard shifts” that you can then just mine from and add a little easier. -also on the time off requests it would be helpful to have a limit on requests. So for example, if 3 people are already requested the 10th of the month off and we had set the limit at 3 requests, no one else could request off or make them u available. -admins should representative the only ones to be able to edit workers availability The blackout dates would for sure be the most helpful though. And ensuring that an alert is sent to employees when blackout dates are entered by managers.

Jake

My staff is having a much easier time utilizing this scheduling system vs the old one I had. They are able to get their shifts covered much more easily and showing up for a larger percent of their shifts. Because of that alone, this makes it worth it. But, from a supervisor and manager position, it requires more work on our end to create, view and manage our team.

Pros

The best part about this product is the ease of use and functionality from a team member perspective. This a very easy to use software for team members to understand, learn and utilize on a daily basis.

Cons

There are several limitations concerning this software from a management/admin perspective. Specifically to my unit, the use of sections is limited too much, including being able to view things by section. This software seems ideal for a place that has 1 location (a restaurant) and is able to split people into several sections. However, my account has upwards of 15 locations (which doesn't even take into consideration that there are several accounts within my company), which make it hard for me to view and manage my team's schedule in that regard.

Orders from Corporate.

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

OpenSimSim for rostering

extremely positive. Opensimsim has given us increased productivity and efficiency. Communication between all staff is easy and encouraged through this software. Overall it saves so much time, is flexible, is easy, fast and overall reliable.

Pros

Ease of use by managers, administrators and regular staff. Straight forward and up to date, even old timers can quickly gain the skills to use opensimsim. I love how you can select particular staff, times, breaks and see a total hours per week. Shift dropping and swapping is also a function that helps take stress off myself as a coordinator. the messaging tool is great also and saves some time in last minute needs and cuts out emails.

Cons

This software works perfectly for my personal use. Another department here onsite use opensimsim for their rostering but use the publishing option to send out shifts for the whole department at once. They do seem to have trouble working around this but are quite new to the tool as well

Reasons for choosing SocialSchedules

Faster and more efficient way of communicating shifts and sending rosters. OpenSimSim has greater features and is easy to follow

Steve

Good option for the price, but needs more ability to customize

We tried a variety of timeclock software, and Opensimsim was one of the less expensive versions out there for the features. It does the job adequately, but as we add more staff, the shortcomings may become too much of a burden.

Pros

Making a Schedule is very easy, especially on the following week as you just have to 'tweak' it. The employees like how easy it is to request time off. The timeclock works on Kindles, so a Timeclock kiosk is very inexpensive and even works during a power outage.

Cons

You need to play by their rules, and their is very little personalization possible (for example we prefer to schedule in 2 week sets, but you are forced into a single week at a time) It should be able to export directly into Quickbooks, but we have to manually enter the times There should be a section for entering each employee's availability so you don't schedule them outside of their available hours. This is a HUGE oversight.

Industry: Restaurants

This APP saves me tons of time and frustration

Overall I am super excited that this APP exists and I have been using it for over a year now. I cant even begin to describe the benefits, its easy to use, simple to deploy, provides a great staff communication platform and has help tremendously in the overall accountability of my employees and ownership of their schedule.

Pros

Well thought out solid platform with all the bells and whistles of way more costly APPS but functions better, integrates easier, and the fluidity of the data is unsurpassed for an online scheduling APP !!

Cons

Seems a little slow to maneuver at times and ctrl copy function seems a bit glitchy at times. The availability and time off feature works well but its not very intuitive for my staff ... so far I have had people doing it reverse and others squaring me into a position where I have to conform to their specific availability but that is my own HR issue :-/

Katie