Payroll Relief

Payroll Relief Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The company continues to build time saving features into the platform. Overall the software is easy to use and my team is able to customize each account to meet the specific needs of our clients."
  • icon"As we've grown, their tiered pricing has allowed us to increase our margins. It's easy to demo to prospects and overall impression from our clients is that is is easy to use."
  • icon"Easy to use, web based so I can get to it anywhere, intuitive."
  • icon"At the point that this happened I was just over my initial 30 days to cancel and they would offer no refund or even partial refund of the $6000 I had to prepay."
  • icon"The worst problem we had with payroll relief was when the company decided to turn off automatic tax payments and report processing on a random number of our clients."
  • icon"There are so many things I absolutely abhor. You have to know and develop Java script in the system just so it tracks vacation for employees."

All Payroll Relief Reviews

Love this software

It has made the end of the year a delight. Before it was very hard but with this software it is a breeze

Pros

It is put together so that it is easy to use and if you need any help they are just a phone call away

Cons

It doesn't keep ALL years active so that you can look back in them. It only leaves two.

It is so much better

Bessy

Payroll Processing Done Fast ad Easy

We like the software. We use all of the products AW offers. We just don't like their customer service. We compromise because for a small business it's a good choice.

Pros

My favorite things about this software are: 1) Payroll processing for companies under 10 employees takes less than 2 minutes to process 2) You can print, email and archive check copies and reports in a few clicks 3) Clients can so as much or as little as they want 4) It's fairly inexpensive

Cons

My issue with Payroll Relief and all of the Accountants World software is the customer service. When things don't work and it's because they're having issues, you won't know until you call in. They don't bother informing their customers. We've been with them for over 10 years and while they offer new products or services, when you have an issue, they're very slow to respond or take responsibility.

Reasons for choosing Payroll Relief

TR was VERY expensive and the modules weren't integrated. On AW I can archive my files to Cloud Cabinet (the AW document management app) directly from Payroll Relief.

Reasons for switching to Payroll Relief

Cloud based, many more features, much less work

Raj

October 2022

not phone help at all

Pros

Software does not provide help at all. and it is very poorly design.payrolls should be very simple but this software make it very difficult

Cons

all of it.very poorly describe what to do and no help from phone.i have just wasted $2100.00

Reasons for choosing Payroll Relief

price but it was big mistake

Reasons for switching to Payroll Relief

price but i think i made a big mistake

Payrolls

Pros

Great to use

Cons

Just a little complicated but still can be understood if tried

Jenna

It is a great easy payroll software

Pros

I like that you can efile tax forms for quarterlys no more printing off. Also, I like that it can intergrade with Accountants world.

Cons

I don't like how customer service has no clue to what is always going on.

Reasons for choosing Payroll Relief

It was cheaper at the moment for all the payrolls processed

Robyn

Very easy and user friendly software. Makes payroll a breeze.

Ive been very impressed and have told quite a few coworkers about it and gotten them to try it out too.

Pros

The ease with direct deposit and w2 printing amazed me. Its very simple to understand and learn. Ive also been able to teach it easily to others.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints. Im grateful i found this program because it makes this part of my job simple.

Reasons for choosing Payroll Relief

The reviews sold me. I seen zero complaints and for good reason, its truly an excellent program.

Reasons for switching to Payroll Relief

Ease of use. Ease of deposits. Ease of record keeping.

Lisa

August 2022

Accountants and Bookkeepers - DO NOT PURCHASE THIS SOFTWARE

I tried to ask them to refund even a small portion of the fees I prepaid as I had to transfer the majority of my clients over to QuickBooks Online Payroll to ease my clients minds. They refused and eventually stopped responding to my emails. I'm now using the software with a few very simple clients payrolls to try and utilize and recoup some of the money I paid, but there's no way I can put a larger client or one with complicated payroll on the software as I don't have the time to babysit the tax deductions and reporting features. One of my clients also just realized that they withdrew funds for one of the employees payroll which was to be direct deposited to their account, however, the direct deposit didn't show up. I contacted their support team to find out if there was a way we could trace the funds, they said no that they don't have access to that since they are no longer a client and then disconnected the chat on me. I just don't understand how it's possible that they don't have record of a payroll that happened just over a month ago. Their customer service is horrible and you can't get in touch with anyone higher up to escalate the situation. I would absolutely not recommend this software to anyone unless you want to invite stress into your life, the savings is not worth it.

Pros

The price could have been very affordable, however, I had to cancel my service due to errors within the software and they wouldn't refund my money.

Cons

I transferred about 25 of my client's payroll over to their software from Intuit Online Payroll. After the transfer we realized that the state of Utah withholdings weren't included on their calculations or payroll reports. I contacted them and let them know that and they had no answers for me and left me hanging for days. In the meantime, I had to explain to my clients the errors and this made them very uneasy about using the software, and understandably so, as calculating taxes and reporting should be the basics of a payroll software. Due to the fact that I had upcoming payrolls, (and I had no answers from support at this point) I had to make the decision to switch to another payroll software to keep everything running for my clients. At the point that this happened I was just over my initial 30 days to cancel and they would offer no refund or even partial refund of the $6000 I had to prepay.

Pricing

Reasons for switching to Payroll Relief

Intuit Online Payroll was being discontinued.

Debbie

Decent Balance of Features and Price

It is the backbone that our business is built on. Several years ago we attempted to transition to a more robust platform (Evolution) which was a disaster, so we came back and have learned to live within the restrictions of their system. While there have been many enhancements in the 11 years we have been using the product, the developer does a poor job of rolling them out. Doesn't seem to be any beta testing and users and support personnel are often left to fumble through. While they maintain a user forum, management is typically not very inclined to respond to complaints or implement suggestions. While there is no perfect system, overall I would probably give them a rating of about 65%.

Pros

This software was priced within reach for our startup and allowed up to ramp-up quickly. As we've grown, their tiered pricing has allowed us to increase our margins. It's easy to demo to prospects and overall impression from our clients is that is is easy to use. Integrated ACH services are a critical differentiator.

Cons

There are significant limitations in reporting and HRIS capabilities. As we continue to reach upmarket to larger, more complex clients, we have been forced to cobble together several different solutions to meet their needs, since these extended features are not available.

Larry

Excellent Program for Small Business Users

Our business has confidently relied on Payroll Relief to power our payroll business for 10 years. Going forward we know that we can always count on Payroll Relief to adapt and be ahead of the curve of the continually changing compliance landscape.

Pros

Payroll Relief has been able to maintain a balance between providing an affordable software option for small business users without sacrificing the robust, powerful features of the software.

Cons

The process to setup a new client can be a challenge to navigate.

Olivia

Payroll Review

So far so good! Customer service is great. The system isn't super user friendly so a website update would be nice. I also wish more states were connected for electronic tax payments and filings.

Pros

Automatic tax payments and the customer service.

Cons

It isn't super user friendly, where to find things is not really obvious.

Less Expensive

Reasons for switching to Payroll Relief

They were inconsistent and caused glitches that would affect the client.

June 2022

Works for me

Overall I'm happy with the software. I have also had an Accountants World website for 25+ years.

Pros

Robust features at a reasonable price. No software is perfect. I had PayCycle, which was simple and dependable. But Intuit messed that up. This software provides additional features, but is not as dependable as PayCycle.

Cons

There is a learning curve because the software does have its quirks.

Intuit shut down IOP

ELLEN

Too many errors

Although the company seemed to know what they were doing years ago, things have drastically gone downhill. No one would ever turn off automatic tax payments and quarterly reporting for half of their payroll clients at the end of a tax year ever! I feel like their customer service motto was "Blame the customer!"

Pros

Originally, it was an easy added feature to the accounting software we were using. It made for a great all in one system. It was easy for us to switch to payroll from accounting and vice versa. It pulled payroll journals directly over without us having to enter in any information.

Cons

The worst problem we had with payroll relief was when the company decided to turn off automatic tax payments and report processing on a random number of our clients. Once the situation was recognized, clearly things were already late as they send things in on the final due date. As it didn't stop filing and tax payments on all, just most, we had to figure out which ones needed attention and then get with each of the taxing agencies over the next 6 months to get the penalties removed. It was a nightmare. We were simply told by support that we had to have manually cancelled the payments and quarterly filings ourselves and they would not assist us further. Also, the payroll journals did not leave any space for editing them. It was not often when they needed to be changed but it causes issues on financial statements when the client's bank account was cancelled due to fraud the day before running payroll. The payroll journal posted to the wrong bank account and customer support was not too interested in helping. These are just two examples of headaches we faced with Payroll Relief.

Sheena

Great Payroll Software

Overall I have really enjoyed payroll relief. We have a client who still has me process her quarterly reports in quick books and every time after I do it, I am so thankful for Payroll Relief, the ease to just set up a payroll and process is so worth it, filing reports is so easy, and anytime I have had an issue support has always been really helpful. They have on going training and webinars you can go back and watch and training videos. They have links to forms you need from all the states. Just overall we have been happy with they product and how efficient it has been. Every product will have issues from time to time but so far this is the best one we have used.

Pros

This software is so easy to use!! initally getting started and figuring out where things are takes a minute but once you get it down it is so simple and just couple of clicks and you can process a payroll.

Cons

I would like to individualize a few reports more but they are constantly looking at that and trying to add and improve. They did have a feature that let you add time in by each employee and with an update the feature was removed. I would like that option back, but overall any issue I have or anything I think I can't do I am usually able to talk to support and find a way to do it.

Reasons for switching to Payroll Relief

Just the ease and simplicity of running payroll and form filing

Reliable Payroll Software

Pros

Payroll Relief is a tried-and-true web-based payroll system. I like the system's batch processing capabilities and tax payment automation. The company continues to build time saving features into the platform. Overall the software is easy to use and my team is able to customize each account to meet the specific needs of our clients.

Cons

The system has two vertical navigation bars. Both contain links to screens that are used quite often. Employee screens and payroll reports are accessible from the right navigation bar while payroll processing screens, and tax forms are accessible from the left navigation bar. I would prefer all of these screens to be accessible from the left navigation bar.

Bait and switch

Again, I am here to let every other accounting firm know that they will show you the bells and whistles when they first try to sell you. But once you are in, the amount of programming you have to do since this is not at all an intuitive system blows our minds. Don’t just walk away from this huge nightmare.... Run. And run fast. I wish someone could have warned us before we made the switch. Now we are stuck for the next year. If you move forward with this company you will lose sleep and the problems they create for you, with your clients will be the bane of your existence.

Pros

The development and continued upkeep of this program keeps me from liking anything. They do not even come close to comparing to other software programs out there. This program is NOT current at all in the sense that they offer relevant items applicable to payroll.

Cons

There are so many things I absolutely abhor. You have to know and develop Java script in the system just so it tracks vacation for employees. It doesn’t know how (at all)