• Pros

• "Easy to make trades. Very user friendly. I like the new app as well. The calendar visual is also nice. "

• "I love the layout - very clean and modern, easy to navigate. Different tools and functions are easy to find."

• "works well for scheduling, trades are easy. Design is intuitive, and easy to navigate. Easy to see own schedule."

• Cons

• "New layout compared to old version thus may take some time to get used to. Otherwise the new interface looks great. "

• "Not much.. I suppose I liked the method of scheduling absences better on the older platform, but the new version is workable. "

• "I do not like to receive adds and publicity on my job network and there is some but not too much on Petal"

Browse PetalMD Reviews

Physician lifestyles have been totally transformed

Pros

PetalMD is an intuitive scheduling platform that allows physicians to have a life outside of work. Docs can finally be there for their family, friends and themselves. Physicians who work at two sites or also have run a clinic outside the hospital no longer have to suffer hours by their computer and phone sorting through multiple trades when they are double-booked. Trades through a "marketplace" or directly between physicians are error-checked by the computer for schedule conflicts and updated to the master schedule in real-time. We no longer fax an updated copy of the schedule every few days to the hospital, not certain if the most recent version is the one posted; hospital clerical staff can have limited-access accounts to view the master schedule online. The technical support is always quick, helpful, and professional - the answer to my problem is always found. If your group is anything like my group, then they will have zero regrets going to this platform. I make the schedule for my department and I have found the scheduling system adaptive to our group's many unique needs.

Cons

There is a learning curve to using the scheduling system and I would recommend training at least one other person other than the scheduler to avoid downtime if the scheduler is away unexpectedly. The training process was very helpful but becoming an expert in all the functionality of the schedule creation took me about 6-8 months to master (at least a couple of schedules). The scheduling system has to be meticulously programmed in its parameters or else it can do something really silly with people's schedules. Support has been great to adjust little rules to iron out these "bugs" in the rules I created with the PetalMD consultant. They always figure out a way to avoid similar problems in the future for me. We are now in our sixth iteration of the schedule and every round the schedule making gets easier. The mobile app does not have nearly as much functionality as the desktop website version. Some missing features can be very important like no error-checking for shift trades.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Wow! Thank you for this amazing and complete review! We're really glad to see that you fully appreciate the time saved by our software; this is one of our goals!

Jonathan Tristan from Stratford General Hospital

overall pretty good

Better way to book off time.

Pros

there are a number of different calendar views that make it easy to navigate. I can clearly see what I have booked off. I am able to see who is working with me during the day and who is available for trades. trades are straight forward.

Cons

I book off months in advance and there are only a few options for time off, there should be more Sometimes, my days off are dropped. Printing can be hassle - I like a particular view which is sometimes hard to find in the list of options. The more users the more confusing the trade situation. I usually have this ironed out before hand and then go into Petal to make the switch. Otherwise it moght be a bit more difficult.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Jonathan, Thank you for your kind words about the calendar views and trade features! Please know that we are currently working on upgrading these features to make them easier to use. As far as your comment on the time off functionality, the planner of a group can create the categories that s/he wants to allow the group to use. So you should check with your group planner. This is not a PetalMD limitation.

Jim from Humber River Hospital

Clunky would be an exaggeration when trying to be positive

Pros

that both hospitals I work at share this software. Of course, that stops march 31 when one hospital leaves Petal

Cons

it is dysfunctional! If I post a shift for trade I cannot then choose that shift in exchange for a trade with someone else - it prevents me from doing exactly what I have requested. I have to remove my trade request in order to make a trade! Shifts up for trade are not visible on a calendar. I have to keep switching from the list of trades up on marketplace to my calendar then to the group calendar to see if some can accommodate the switch. Otherwise i have to click on each individual to see if they are free - incredibly painful! I usually end up getting our Petal manager/scheduler to make the changes because it is otherwise so hard

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Jim, It's unfortunate that the hospitals you work in will no longer be using PetalMD. We're truly sorry for the situation. Please know that we took note of your comments regarding the shift trade feature and that we are currently looking into ways to upgrade it. At the moment you still can initiate only 1 transaction by shift, but you can send it to multiple members in the same requests. We are still concentrating on improving this feature. To show the marketplace offer in your personal calendar, you can select this option via the display button in your personal calendar. This option will remain the default, so no need to shuffle between your calendar and trade section. Thanks for your comments.

Fiona from St. Joseph's Health Centre

I like using PetalMD but feel it could be more user friendly and help me schedule tasks easier

Pros

I like the calendar format and ability to easily switch between specialty call schedules. I also like that I am able to use it on my phone as well as laptop.

Cons

Inability with current package to let the software make the scheduling decisions. I understand that this due to the package that my department has purchased but it is an issue with my use of the software. The second issue I have is the ease of use for scheduling is not that user friendly. I have to try things a couple of times to figure out the right way to do things. That said customer service is excellent and has always helped me figure out any issues I may have.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Fiona, Thank you for your positive review of our customer service! As for your current package, if you feel the Advanced plan (automated scheduling) could be useful for you and your group, do not hesitate to write to us at info@petalmd.com or to book a custom demo : https://www.petalmd.com/en-ca/scheduling-software-demo

Caitlin from St. Joseph's Health Centre

Great system that is easy to use

Pros

PetalMd is easy to use. It displays the hospital call schedule in a clear way that is easy to navigate.

Cons

The editing field in the "assigned physician" part of the scheduling section isn't formatted well. To add a comment or edit the time, you need to go to the dr list beside the schedule, go to the bottom and then scroll across to get to the wheel that allows you to open the edit page. It would be nice if it all displayed without having to scroll across. It would also be nice if the administrator could add the contact information for the physicians in their department so that the physician didn't have to log on and do it themselves. There is a lot of missing contact info as a result.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Caitlin, Thank you for your review! It's important to us that your hospital on-call schedule is clear and easy to navigate. We have a brand new module to manage contact information within your hospital by administrative member, ask our sales team for more information. Our goal is to save you time, after all. Regarding your suggestion, we'll look into it. We have found in the past that screen size can be an issue. Have you looked into adjusting your screen resolution? Nonetheless, it's this kind of advice that helps us to improve our solutions, so again, thank you.

Ian from Grand River Hospital

great to help our Peds group call schedule

Pros

Simplistic symbols he one learn how to use this software. It is helpful to also learn the mobile app is it is also useful on a daily basis. The software is easy for MD's to learn and manipulate to their own needs. It also helps with sorting out call equity issues.

Cons

Need to spend to time become adept but this is overall a quick process. My biggest issue is I would like the mobile app to allow me as a scheduler to make changes. Currently this can only be done it seems from a desktop which can be limiting.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Ian, We're glad to hear that our application helps you on a daily basis, that's what we're aiming for! For the moment, some features for scheduling are only available on the desktop version because scheduling comes with a lot of options; but we understand your concern and we will see what we can do regarding changes.

Charles Antoine from montfort hospital

Very easy access, and user friendly

Pros

ease of use is very practical especially when you're in a rush. As a physician, I barely have time to eat, and the last thing I want is to spend hours looking up my schedule. Petal MD makes this very easy with its new platform and the application

Cons

would like the app to allow automatic login features like fave recognition, or thumb print I would also like the app to be able to syng in our other calendars. communication between physicians should be more like a messenger type chat, rather than email type.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Charles, It's nice to read a review like yours, because with every solution and feature we develop, we want to save physician's time. Please note that with the Standard and Advanced plan, your calendar should be able to synch with Google Agenda, Outlook and iCal. More info here: https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca/articles/115003905346-How-to-synchronize-my-calendar Our secure messaging system is also presently being analysed by our product team, so you will see improvements coming out in the next few months. Thanks for your feedback!

Gosselin from Montreal Children's Hospital

motivated staff- generally easy to use software.

Efficient- time saving, the ability for trainees to enter their own absences.

Pros

Fairly straightforward system; user friendly. Scheduling is straightforward and significantly time saving

Cons

Entering of absence requests for large groups ( example trainees) was more user friendly and clearer visually then current iteration.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Anne-Marie, We're really glad to read that you find our software saves you a significant amount of time; this is our goal! Regarding the entry of absence requests for large groups, please note that this feature is indeed possible and that it was recently updated, though we are still working on improvements in this area. Do not hesitate to call us to get more information!

Ajay from St Joseph's Health Centre Toronto

Great for managing the schedule but not for making the schedule

Better schedule management that is automated.

Pros

The UI and functions for schedule maintenance are easy to use and looks clean. The ability manage the schedule and customize without the need for help desk has improved.

Cons

Needs more features specifically related to communication directly from the schedule to non-petalMD users. Also the ability to create the schedule does not work well with complex schedules.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Ajay, Thank you for your kind words about our interface! About the ability to create complex schedules, our software usually has a solution for each reality. Do not hesitate to call us and we can talk more about your particular situation!

Great but expensive

I mostly enjoyed the ability to share the calendars through this product on my different other calendar organizers, this was done in style for sure.

Pros

Design is elegant and intuitive with colour coding and the like, very easy to use, synchronized with different calendars easily with no hassle which is a huge plus, messaging service was very well integrated.

Cons

Main thing was cost, our hospital had to move to a much inferior product because if the significant increase in the cost of service.

Carlye from Uxbridge Cottage Hospital

quick response from customer service. easy to use interface

Pros

having as app and having it integrate to my gmail calendar is great. allows my staff to put in their absences instead of randomly emailing me dates.

Cons

It is not easy for my staff to see when a shift is "open" (they have to see who has posted it to know it is an open shift as the name is assigned to our administrator). It would be good if folks could see all open shifts in a different color so it easily distinguishes and highlights open shifts. I also would like if I could post ALL the open shifts at once or all shifts of one provider at once to open (eg. if they go on mat leave/sick / leave etc). to manually post all to market place is tedious.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Carlye, Thank you for your feedback, we're glad to see that our software helps you as a scheduler and that you appreciate our calendar synchronization feature! We will work on the open shift issue in the following weeks. Stay tuned, because you should see a function for that during the summer. Thanks for your comments!

Sofia from Almonte general hospital

I have been using petal at two different hospitals and it's been very effective

Pros

Combination of hospitals Ease for switching and trading shifts Being able to find all physicians contact infomatiob in one area

Cons

Not being able to combine with own schedule - would be nice to import own schedule into petal Constant alerts

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Sofia, Thank you for your great feedback! Yes, the PetalMD solution can synchronize with your personal schedule, but this only works in one way for now. Regarding the constant alerts, you can manage these in your profile settings and decide which notifications you wish to receive. Here's more info: https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca/articles/115003905226-How-to-change-my-notification-preferences

aran from oakville hospital

Overall good, mobile experience is not great

online scheduling is great, makes trades very easy

Pros

Cons

Unsure if able to push shifts to mobile device (e.g. google calendar). On screen guides are a pain and difficult to get rid of (e.g. guides show up all the time, not just once). Trades could be more intuitive, eg. selecting another physicians shift and trading for it, vs having to select my own)

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Aran, Nice to see that you like our overal design and particularly the shift trade features! Regarding the on-screen guide, we identified the one you're talking about and there was indeed a repetition issue. We have since corrected it. As for the trades, we're taking note of your suggestion, thank you!

Jean-Philippe from CHU

Very good app

Pros

Updates fix things Good support Integrates well everyone, multitasking, personnal events too Calendar is great on the app

Cons

Interface not as intuitive Mobile app buggy for messages and shift switches Pricey. Pricing structure could be more personalized

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Jean-Philippe, Thank you for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact our support team for any unexpected behavior from our app. We are there to assist you. You might also want to contact our sales team to look at which features might better respond to your group's needs.

Keith from OTMH

Intuitive and easy for end user to use

Easy transition fom Docroster. Fairly good monthly price per MD.

Pros

works on lap top and all portable devices. Easy to read shift in lap top view. Same view is available on portable devices. However, actual portable vioew is not easy to use.

Cons

No template copy and paste function. As the scheduler I have to enter shifts manually every month. If a physician has posted a shift, I cannot override and change the physicians name assigned to the shift.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Keith, Thank you for your feedback! About the manual shift entry, we do have a template function to avoid manual copy-paste with our advanced scheduling features. Do not hesitate to call us to know how to use it : 1 888-949-8601.

Athanasios from Santa Cabrini

very smooth

Pros

Very smooth software and app. Great design. I like that it synchronizes between app and desktop and the messaging capability. The new logo is better.

Cons

I would like fewer clicks when I am switching a shift. It takes too long especially on the app. Other than that, nothing major

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Athanasios, Thank you for your positive review about our software applications and even our new logo! Please, be assured that we noted your comment on the trade shift feature and that we are looking into it.

Catherine from St-Jerome

Very professionnal programmers

Pros

Leaving the job to the members to organize their own schedule without external modifier. Having a scedule always right with the exchanges done directly online between members.

Cons

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Catherine, We're glad to see that our software is saving you time as a scheduler, thank you for your feedback! Remember you can also manage your notification from your profile page.

Mark from CISSSO

Better scheduling, with clear organized calendars.

Pros

Ability to share confidential correspondence and documents, physician to physician and within formal groups.

Cons

The app is less user friendly and visually worse than the web version. By far. I need a calendar I can glance at, not one requiring each day to be clicked on for more information

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Mark, Thank you for your feedback! Good to hear you're pleased with our secured document exchange functions. Please note that we are currently working on an upgraded version of the Android app, so it will soon be more user friendly. Therefore, if you have any enhancement requests, please do not hesitate to share them through your help center.

Fady from Montfort Hospital

Good customer support. Sometimes difficult to use on my cell phone.

Pros

Customer service, the fast response and proactive action when an issue arises. The template is user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes Difficult to use app. Limits applications. It seems like not all functions are available on the app.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Fady, We're really happy to see that you like our proactive customer service team, thank you! About the mobile application, please note that we are currently working on some upgrades.

Joanna from Montfort Hospital

Excellent, professional service

Pros

I like the ease of use and the way the schedule is set up to be very simple and appealing. It is an excellent product.

Cons

Sometimes the software is difficult to use on an iPhone and I have had a couple problems switching shifts.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Joanna, Thank you for your positive review, we really appreciate it! Please know that we are currently looking into different possibilities for the next upgrade for the shift swap feature.

Ran from Humber river hospital

Overall satisfied

Pros

Ease of use, can be synced with iCal and can see schedule from multiple locations/sites on the same calendar

Cons

Don't like the fact that I can't post shift for trade on marketplace and offer individual trade at the same time

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Ran, Good to see that you are taking advantage of the calendar synchronization feature. It is indeed appreciated by those who use it. About the possibility of offering a shift on the marketplace and to trade it at the same time; we have heard your concern and are looking for a way to improve this. Thank you for your feedback!

Edward from Hospital

Found platform from 1 year ago quite new ce. Newer platform harder to navigate.

Pros

Monthly schedule nicely laid out. Able to customize schedule requests. Scheduling options were flexible.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to find things with new platform. Customer support felt a bit dismissive once. Difficult to call for customer support

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Edward, Thank you for your positive review particularly about the schedule layouts and options. If you can't talk to customer support immediately, do not hesitate to send a request here: https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca/requests/new?flash_digest=ee448141956375e49978e6f070fd0ed1f79c48a0

Phil from Grand River Hospital

Helpful to view schedule. Difficult to navigate the phone app for switches and trades.

Pros

Easy to access via the phone app. Schedule is visualized well on computer. No issues managing master schedule on computer interface.

Cons

Hard to make trades and changes as well as visualize the schedule in the phone app. Cannot manage master schedule well on the phone app. This is problematic when not at a desktop computer.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Phil, Thank you for your kind words regarding our computer interface! As for using shift trades on the mobile app, please be aware that we've heard you and that we're on it.

Andreane from Hôpital de St-Eustache

Does the job well.

I get my schedule every trimester and mail with my colleagues

Pros

Internet accessible, overall good, syncs with other calendars, mail is good to use, easy to see my colleagues schedule

Cons

in the app, some tasks are not intuitive (change a shift, insert vacation). Also, the automatic scheduler tends to do weird things like make sure you work an evening before a day off and doesn't regroup shifts easily (lots of lonely shifts)

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Andreane, Good to hear that you appreciate our group schedule and synchronization features! About the "weird things" you mentioned, there are ways to correct this, but it depends on your physician group's rules and reality. We encourage you to call our support team if you want to discuss your particular situation!

aubrey from Great expectations durham

Poor.

Completed survey

Pros

The program petal md Downloads seamlessly to Google calendar. It downloads changes usually within a few hours of the change being executed.

Cons

Our obstetrics group is small (5-6 people). Every year, to maintain a free product, we were squeezed out of functionality. Trading became onerous. Splitting shifts became difficult. The new marketplace (used for the large er group to whoch i also belong) does not allow multiple trade requests for the same shift, thus one must wait for the first offer to be declined before offering the shift to someone else, which is very inefficient, especially when most do no respond to open marketplace offers.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Aubrey, Glad to hear that you appreciated our synchronization feature with Google calendar! To use the full version of PetalMD, a monthly fee is in fact necessary, we're sorry if this has become a disincentive to use our services for your group. Regarding the multiple trade requests, we're taking note of your comment and we'll see what we can do. Although you can now offer a trade or transfer offers to multiple members in the same offer. Thanks for your detailed feedback!

jim from AGS Port Perry

Works great. Some times logs out. Maybe connection but happens in different locations.

A good scheduling program

Pros

Easy to use Helps with all scheduling. I am just a user and it is very simple an straight forward . Able to handle multiple schedules.

Cons

Some times it shuts down randomly at different locations and Wi-Fi so it is the program. Otherwise it seems like a very good program.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Jim, Thank you for your positive review, we're glad you like how Petal Scheduling handles multiple schedules!

Rahim from Lakeridge Health

The individual who helped me set up the account was professional and courteous.

The onus on schedule changes relies on the user and there is certainty as to who is on call.

Pros

The ease in trading or transferring shifts. Also it is easy to access via the internet and capacity to link with your smartphone.

Cons

Switching through various windows, the system resets instead of remembering where you left off. Also for some reason everytime I look at the marketplace the system activates the guide protocol.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Rahim, Glad to see to you like our shift swap feature and mobile application! About the guide protocol, there was indeed a problem with one specific guide. It has been corrected since you sent us this review. So, thank you!

Joseph from QCH

Relatively good, but with significant hiccups

scheduling across 4 hospitals

Pros

Able to coordinate shifts at multiple hospitals. Prevents one hospital from double scheduling me against another hospital

Cons

Bugs. Sometimes the calendar does not want to open. Shifts sometimes show on wrong day if overnight shifts

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Joseph, Thank you for your feedback! It is indeed a unique feature of Petal Scheduling (PetalMD) to be able to synchronize schedules from multiple hospitals and even clinics. Regarding the issue you mentioned in your post, it should now be resolved. We are sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused. Please, do not hesitate to communicate with our support team whenever you find an issue.

Marisol from CHU Sainte-Justine

Easy to see my schedule and collegue's schedule

Able to share my schedule with husband, automatically transfered to iphone.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to enter absences, easy to remove them. I like that my schedule is automatically exported to my iPhone Calendar

Cons

Would like to see the text of message (for messages and offers-exchanges) directly in my email account instead of logging every time to petal.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Marisol, Glad to see that you like our absence management features and the synchronization with your iCal! The necessity to login to see the PetalMD messages exist for security purpose. Still, we appreciate your opinion and we'll see what we can do. Thanks for the feedback!

Andrea from Hull Hospital

Scheduling made easy! The ability to view my schedule and those of my colleagues has been great!

Pros

Layout, accesibility, ability to transfer tasks to other colleagues with ease. I also appreciate having access to all of my colleagues' contact information in order to facilitate communication.

Cons

Perhaps there could be a feature involving live chat with colleagues and the ability to send patient related documents to other members?

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Andrea, We're glad to see that you like the group schedule and shift transfer features! About the ability to send patient related documents, well... you can! Here's more info: https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca/articles/115003906826-How-to-send-a-message

Rob from Hôpital de montmagny

Great scheduling tool to be able to organise busy schedule amongst multiple colleagues.

Pros

Clear layout and ease of use. I can see what shifts I am doing and what shifts the others are doing.

Cons

I HATE that I can't use the app - not even to see my current planned work shifts plan when I am offline. You HAVE to be online (4g or WiFi) to use it.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Rob, Thank you for your feedback! We understand it can be frustrating to only have access to your schedule when you're online, but that is also the best way to be certain that your calendar is 100 % up to date. Giving access to offline calendars would create risks for communication errors and we want to avoid that. We hope you understand!

Aleem from Grand river hospital

User friendly

Pros

Clear and straightforward, user-friendly and easy to access on mobile device and computer at home

Cons

No specific concerns. When a shift is posted to marketplace it sometimes won't let you then make an individual trade

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Aleem, Thank you for your feedback! About posting a shift on marketplace; the member who posts the shift is the one who decides which kind of offer s/he is willing to make: trade only, transfer only, or trade and transfer. This is not a limitation of the system, but the way it was designed to reflect what the posting member wants.

Jon from Department of Medical Education @ St. Joes Hospital.

Using this site is mostly awkward and difficult to have learners learn how to use it.

Pros

The site is never down. The app is responsive. The menu system and over all interface is great and easy to navigate.

Cons

It's hard for staff to figure out who is on call. there is no roster view for staff to see team information. The oncall dashboard view only can be viewed one week at a time. Learners have the ability to take their phone number off their profile so nurses don't have contact information when a learner isn't on call. Administrators don't have access to add phone numbers to learner profiles. There should be note boxes for each profile to include notes about each learner which would be helpful for posting leave of absence/vacation information. This would help chief residents make schedules completely on your site.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Jon, We're glad that you like our overall interface! Regarding your comment, some hospital administrators do have access to add phone numbers; it depends on the options chosen by your hospital. Don't hesitate to call our support team for more information! https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca

Nicholas from Hospital

Very easy to use.

Pros

Cons

I cannot offer an already posted shift in a trade but instead have to remove my posted shift before offering it to someone else. Tedious at times.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Nicholas, Glad to see that you like our shift trade feature and that you find it user friendly. Regarding the possibility to trade an already posted shift, we'll see what we can do, thank you for your feedback!

Cynthia from Hôpital du Haut-Richelieu

excellent

Pros

accessible everywhere and very practical. The weekly reminders of my schedule are very appreciated.

Cons

The application is sometimes slow to use and to start. I cannot see anything else to write in that case!

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Cynthia, Thank you for taking the time to positively review our software! About the applications, we are constantly working on them and release new versions periodically, so be sure to check back. Do not hesitate to communicate any concern you may have, we will be pleased to consider them.

Tennille from Halton Healthcare

PetalMD is an excellent platform for scheduling; and in particular making trades with my colleagues.

Pros

The ease of use; on both the desktop, laptop and my iphone. In addition - the push button notifications help me to pick up shifts quickly; or respond to messages from my colleagues.

Cons

I actually don't have any complaints about it. PetalMD is much better than the previous software we were using.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Tennille, We're glad to see that you like Petal Scheduling (PetalMD), thank you a lot for this positive review!

Kristian from Queensway Carleton Hospital

Petal MD is an easy to use solution for our scheduling needs.

Pros

Cons

It is sometimes difficult when you are trying to makes changes for multiple users - since there are so many using our software, there is a lot of scrolling to find the right name.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Kristian, Thank you for your positive words about our interface and features! We're taking note regarding your comment on the excess scrolling, thanks for the feedback!

Shannon from Queensway Carleton

easy to import into other calendars and easy to switch shifts

Pros

can add personal scheduling to one calendar - easy to see marketplace shifts available for trade or transfer

Cons

difficult to see other colleagues schedules for greater than one week. makes trading a little more difficult

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Shannon, Thank you for your great feedback! Your comment about the trade feature was very pertinent, as we are always looking for ways to make our app easier to use. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Jay from Grand River Hospital

Pretty smooth scheduling/trading

Pros

Easy to navigate. Intuitive. Reasonable mobile interface. Has a great web-based interface. Cost is affordable.

Cons

Shift trades for shifts on the Marketplace are awkward. Mobile interface is not as user-friendly or as functional as the web-based version.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Jay, Thank you for your positive review about the conviviality of navigating our software. We're always listening to users' advice, so that we can upgrade the interface periodically! Speaking of which, we're currently looking at the issue you mentioned about the marketplace. So, please don't forget to visit our What's New section in your help center for all our latest innovations from time to time.

Serge from CHU Ste-Justine, ED

Easy to find colleagues for switch

Easier to do ED switchs

Pros

Easy to enter requests...a little harder to figure out on the app. Help to look out for possible replacements.

Cons

The app is harder to navigate than the regular site. A little bit confusing when to enter unavailabity for overnight shifts especially not to confuse which date it is

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Serge, Thank you for your feedback! Please note that we're about to upgrade our mobile application, we hope you like it.

Sara from Humber river hospital

Have been using Petal for 3 years now. Initially was quite funcional but have lost key features.

Pros

I appreciate that it is web based and that it shows my colleagues schedules as well. I appreciate that it keeps a contact list for my colleagues.

Cons

Unable to efficiently swap shifts, a necessity for ER scheduling. This function was initially available however was lost in sequential upgrades. We have been unable to get the changes we need despite repeated requests to the help team over more than a year.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Sara, Thank you for the positive review on our app! Regarding the shift swap feature, it is only available with the Standard and Advanced plans. It is indeed a very efficient tool for an ER team, and there should not be any problem getting it. We'll get in touch!

Robert from Lakeridge Health

fairly easy as a user, takes a bit of training as an administrator

Pros

not having the responsibility of coordinating changes to the schedule once it's put out there, keeping a record of who was on call after the fact for ease of payment allocation

Cons

not intuitive, fairly rigid in what you are able to do (eg. difficult to add "read only" members without have to provide them other powers

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Robert, Not having to manually coordinate shift changes is pretty handy indeed, glad to know you appreciate this feature! For the user management, please do not hesitate to contact our support team who can assist you with specific configurations.

Dorota from QCH

Users are happy with it. Some challenges with planning.

Pros

User friendly interface, good mobile app. Prompt responses to help requests. Able to trade and post shifts to a marketplace.

Cons

Planning support. Had a lot of difficulty when we needed to make multiple simultaneous changes to the schedule. Also didn't get much in the way of guidance for advanced planning so never tried this, though we are paying for it.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Dorota, Thank you for your kind words about our interface and our shift trade features! As you know, we're currently on the case regarding your advanced planning request, we hope you'll like the new features!

Allison from PRHC

Overall easy to use

Pros

I like the ability to easily swap shifts with others, and see others schedules to make potential trades.

Cons

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Allison, We're happy to see that you appreciate the shift trade feature, thanks for the feedback! As for the data entry of absences we are presently working on adding another view by time slot to better respond to your needs. It will be live shortly, stay tuned.

Maala from CHEO

Not user friendly

Pros

I like the phone app, it is reliable and easy to view. I have found trading shifts and accepting requests for trades to be an easy process

Cons

We use PetalMD for emergency medicine shift scheduling. I am not in charge of the master scheduling and am simply an end-user. As a part of being a user, I have to enter in my shift preferences 4 times a year. The method used to put in time off requests is very bulky and not easy to use. Other applications such as websked are much more user friendly to input, edit and re-enter. I would not recommend this software from this point of view. Once the schedule is made, I do not have any complaints about how we view shifts or ask for trades etc.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Maala, Thanks for your compliment about our mobile application and the shift trade feature! We appreciate your comments about the input of time off. We are still integrating new ways of doing this and we will consider your comments.

Mary from Self Employed

ED MD in two EDs using platform

Pros

See everyone schedule when needed as in can pull up each day and see who is working... helpful for knowing when looking ahead to whom I can see that day

Cons

Can't see other's schedules when trying to switch shift... I have to know who I want to switch with before placing trade out. Painful.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Mary, Glad to see that you like our group schedule interface! We heard you about the shift swap feature and there is now a way to see who is available before trading. More info here: https://support.petalmd.com/hc/en-ca/articles/115005544166-How-to-transfer-a-shift

Gillian from Carleton Place ER group

Good scheduling tool

Pros

The ability for people to trade shifts in real time. No error with when someone doesnt show up for a shift

Cons

The cost is too high for what we use it for.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Gillian, Thank you for your feedback, we're glad to see that our software helps your group reduce communication errors in scheduling!

Michel from CHUQ

Great software, easy access to schedule from my phone

Saves a lot of time for me and my team during the planning. Real-time calendars eliminates risks of communication errors that used to happen before.

Pros

I like the app design of the calendar and the notifications on my mobile phone. It's much more easier to communicate any info related to the schedule, like absences or shift modification requests. A must-have for physicians with complex schedules. The features got the what it takes to address complexity.

Cons

I can't thing of anything, it does what it needs to do. Maybe too many features I don't need to use.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Michel, Thank you for your amazing feedback!

Ahmed from HRH

Hard to trade

Cons

Looks ok to me most of the time but issues are with the functioning of it. It's very hard to swap or trade a shift. Too much colours are going on. Not intuitive. Very poor in taking suggestions. Overall needs a lot of improvement. Additionally takes too much interface time...nothing to use on the phone as an app.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Ahmed, Thank you for your feedback! We are currently working on ways to upgrade the swap/trade shift features based on user suggestions. Don't worry, we hear you!

Sabrina from Stevenson Memorial Hospital

Organized, simple and efficient

Ease of scheduling and contacting/conversing with colleagues. Too many notifications via email and would be nice to get a preview or something of what the notification pertains to vs. Needing to log in each time to find out.

Pros

Simple, nice interface. Functional. I like how schedules are displayed and the way shifts can be traded etc. With or without messages.

Response from PetalMD

Replied June 2018

Hello Sabrina, It's nice to read such kind words, thank you!