Powerpay Reviews

4.68 / 5 (206) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 27 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I like that it is very user friendly, everything is laid out nicely"

• "It is very user-friendly, easy to use and quick to use. Also, the support is exceptional."

• "The software is very user friendly. I like that I can enter net pay quickly and get in and out very easily."

• Cons

• "The web page takes some getting used to initially, but after that it is easy"

• "Not really any major cons it was a little pricier but overall worth the cost."

• "Would like even more reporting capability. But the 24 advanced reporting turned on definitely gives the client more than what they were using. "

Browse Powerpay Reviews

Richard from Your Score Booster

Easy-to-use with top-notch customer service

It's easy to pay each period and to handle year-end.

Pros

It is really easy to set up and use. The customer service is top-notch. Every time you log out, Ceridian asks how your service was. If you raise any issue, they give you a call. This is the level of customer service my company offers. I expect it of others, but rarely find it.

Cons

Downloading a journal file to Quickbooks should be included with all levels of service.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

I had heard ADP's customer service wasn't very good. And after my experience with Payweb, I didn't want to take any chances. You have to get payroll right.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

Payweb's customer service was the worst customer service of any company -- not just payroll providers -- I have ever experienced. Once a customer service rep hung up on me. Then when I called back, she didn't answer. When I complained, I was told she had gone to lunch. The reps often didn't have correct information. The website is very clunky. Sometimes messages are indecipherable.

Response from Ceridian

Replied February 2021

Hi Richard - Thank you very much for your feedback, we're delighted to hear that you find our support team so helpful!

Robin from Planete Mobile 323 6013 Canada Inc.

Ceridian *Thank goodness your Back!*

Overall experience, is amazing. Like I mentioned my boss decided to try ADP and the comparison is absolutely night and day. From the implementation to the after service. After 6 months I couldn't deal with all the issues with ADP so we decided to go back to Ceridian because of the simplicity, the peace of mind and the support we had in the past.

Pros

We had been with Ceridian for years and decided to change to ADP- What a mistake. Now we're back with Ceridian and Thank goodness! This software is simple and easy every step of the way. Firstly, the set-up of the software is effortless, your team lead walks you through the process and any issues they get it fixed in a very timely manner. Next, the on boarding simple! A one page form with all the necessary info to fill out. Next the rapid entry form for easy entry of commissions, bonuses, hours, stat hours- is a time saver. Plus everything is easy linked to the time sheets and the employee profiles! I seriously cannot complain amount this product. I cannot forget to mention the after service and support- A1. Anytime you call with an issue or problem, there is a payroll specialist that knows what to do to fix it! No waiting, no emails back and forth, just 1 call and everything is resolved. In the event that you do need to have a case created- 24 to 48 hours later everything is fixed and resolved.

Cons

I did not like the People tab option- I found it redundant and useless- I had it removed because it's just some much quicker in the regular (non-people) version. But besides that I'm super happy with the product.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

We returned to the product we knew and trusted as we had been with Ceridian prior to ADP.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

We made the switch because their were constant pay issues for employees. Information wasn't running through the system properly causing glitches and issues. Support was a huge problem as well- I would spend hours on the phone trying to get problems solved but their reps had no idea what to do so they would message their supervisor and it was a back and forth for sometimes hours on the phone. No one could ever solve our issues, the team that set us up didn't teach me the basics- I learned while using the system.

Response from Ceridian

Replied February 2021

Hi Robin - Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We're delighted to hear that you are back to using Powerpay and that you find it so easy to use! We're also so happy that you are satisfied with our customer support team!

CORRINE from Paradox Access Solutions Inc

Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy to use product, but very limited analytics, and support is hit-and-miss.

This was a good system when our company was smaller and less reporting was needed. Our growth has fuelled the need for more robust reporting, which this system cannot accommodate as time entry by day is not supported. Customer support has been very frustrating at times; I have had support staff tell me that I need to be referred to the Projects Team and will be incurring extra charges for, for things that other support staff can do on demand at no extra cost. I have also had some support staff recommend "fixes" for payroll issues that did not take into consideration the impact that their solution would have on the Record of Employment. I don't have my PCP designation, but I am very mindful of what I'm doing and was able to understand the ripple effect of some of the support advice I was given and therefore request a different solution from the Ceridian support staff. I think this may be a problem for an inexperienced payroll administrator, as they might not fully understand some of the advice being given and question how it may impact other components of the payroll function.

Pros

I was provided almost no training by my employer on how to use the software, but I adapted easily because the system is fairly intuitive.

Cons

Reporting is VERY LIMITED. We run payroll bi-weekly, and need the ability to report on specific date ranges that do not necessarily align with our pay cycles. Unable to make note of "effective date" for things such as pay increases. Customer support is very hit-and-miss.

Response from Ceridian

Replied February 2021

Hi Corrine - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. Your insight helps us to improve and to continue to innovate. We will definitely share your thoughts around reporting capabilities with our product team.

Samantha from Brandon Flight Centre

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

An honest review from a Powerpay lover who has some improvement recommendations for the software.

-I would consider QBO's payroll functionalities one of your greatest competitors for small businesses. The reason I haven't switched to QBO's system is because you definitely have a price advantage over them. That said, their payroll tracking and time management system does make it tempting. If you could implement a time tracking app like they have which exports the employee's time right to the rapid entry page on Ceridian, I would be expect this to be a large value add for powerpay. I would also consider paying extra for this feature.

Pros

I love the simplicity. I can process payroll, remittances, T4s, stubs, etc. for 13 employees in a couple hours per month. It is quick and efficient, and the reporting is great. I love the customer service, it is UNREAL. Anytime I have an issue I can expect it to be resolved within a 15 minute phone call. Powerpay is amazing at what it does well - process. payroll.

Cons

-I dislike the benefits tracking system. I wish there were a better way to track sick days and banked days. Both of these systems are clunky, and it is absolutely integral to our business, and others, that we're able to track these better. Currently, unfortunately, we have to keep track of everything on a spreadsheet which can cause some room for error or questionable practices. I wish everything was easily trackable on Powerpay so that we could ensure accuracy. I did have someone from tech support create a loop hole for me to track banked time, but it still could be better set up. I also think that an easier way to override salaries would be amazing. Right now, if I want to grant vacation pay to a salaried employee I need to calculate their regular pay, override the salary, add the vacation pay, and confirm that it all balances. If there was a way to simplify this, it would create processing efficiency. I would rate these improvements as a high level of urgency. -Further, powerpay could benefit from a bit of an ease-of-use clean up. Once you use the software for a few months, and learn how to navigate, it's alright. BUT there certainly is a bit of a learning curve which made me dislike the software at first. Although, I have used much worse and more complicated processing software in the past. So I would rate this on a low level of urgency. -Continued in next section

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

I THINK we switched to powerpay from ADP, but the switch happened years before I got to BFC. So I really can't answer this question for you guys - sorry!

Response from Ceridian

Replied January 2021

Hi Samantha - Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We will absolutely share your comments with our product team. The insight that you are able to provide will help us to continue to innovate!

Jessica from CUA

Powerpay makes paying your people easy!

Overall I love Powerpay - so much so that all 4 organizations I process payroll for are now on this system!

Pros

Software is easy to use and navigate. Ceridian has been making lots of changes lately to enhance the user experience and it shows!

Cons

Wish there were more basic reporting features available in Ceridian to easily run employee based reports. Also wished the enhanced reporting was easier to understand / navigate.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Not certain what was considered back in 2014 but since that time any other changes made for other companies has been based on Powerpay being the only option and we did not pursue others.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

We switched back in 2014 - not sure what the reasoning was at that time. Any companies we have switched over since has been for the ease of convenience and to utilize the same user friendly software.

Sunny from Kareer Group LTD

Powerpay web

Love it, the people at the 1-800 number are always a pleasure to deal with. I love the critical follow up from the various departments such as the Trust department and the Department in charge of shipping out payroll packages. There has been times where we are in a bind and it feels like all hands are on deck to find a solution even if its 5PM on a Friday.

Pros

I love that its easy to use and if I am stuck I can call the 1-800 number and someone friendly and knowledgeable in North America is there to help. Unlike ADP where your call gets directed to Malaysia or some other place. Just ahead up, if you outsource to save costs we will be leaving... just saying...

Cons

I dont like that if a employee is terminated and you need to look them up later in another calendar year that there is no support for this or a way you can access this data. This is my biggest frustration with powerpay. I want powerpay to save my records data, not me.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Unfortunately we did leave at one point as a cost savings measure to ADP, The savings was pretty substantial and they made the offer even better with 3 months of free payroll processing. We stayed for 8 months trying to learn it and trying to learn to love it, but we just couldn't. Dealing with customer support was the worse. So we came back, we brought our other businesses on board to as well as 4 or 5 of our friends with companies as well. The $100 referral gift cards were an appreciated touch.

Response from Ceridian

Replied January 2021

Hi Sunny - Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We're delighted to hear that you've had great experiences with our customer support team, they are amazing!

Allison from Unwrapped Life Inc.

Great Easy to Use!

Great, love all Ceridian products!

Pros

It's easy to use and setup is a breeze. I have implemented Ceridian (PowerPay and Dayforce) at 3 different companies ranging in size (10- 300+ employees). The software is easy to use and get started quickly.

Cons

Frustrating that you can't access employee records without opening a pay period.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

I have implemented Ceridian before and the customer support and ease of use always out ranks its competitors.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

Quickbooks has horrible customer support and you aren't able to preview/ test options. It's great if you don't know what you're doing, but as an experienced finance/payroll professional it was too limiting.

Response from Ceridian

Replied March 2021

Hi Allison - Thank you so much for your feedback! We actually now have the functionality to access employee records outside of a pay period, we'd love to walk you through that!

KIMBERLEY from Aero-Tech Group of Companies

Industry: Oil & Energy

Take the easy out of Payroll

Confident that our taxes are being calculated probably and submitted on time to CRA. Employees pay stubs are clear to read and deductions are handled probably

Pros

Easy integration from start to finish for a new company. I also had the experience of changing products and the integration and transition was easy. Clean templates. Easy to find what you are looking for. Easy to use the applications and great resources to use withi the application

Cons

Would like the ability to look at employees without having to open a pay period

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

I like the product and the customer service. Well worth its money. Customer Service always ready and cheerful to help

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Kimberley - Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you find our solution helpful when it comes to processing your payroll! We now have functionality to allow you to view employees outside of a pay period and we'd love to walk you through that! Thank you again for leaving a review!

Julie from Lambton Conveyor Limited

Industry: Machinery

User friendly and less time consuming Software

Pros

The software is user friendly than what I used before. It has also saved a lot of my time on a biweekly basis to process payroll.

Cons

I would like more analytics in the software like creating various reports based on employee information.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Power Pay is cheaper and perfect for small businesses.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

The product I was using was outdated and not user friendly.

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Julie - Thank you so much for your feedback! We're glad to hear that Powerpay meets your needs and you are happy with the software! We are always looking for ways to improve and innovate so we will take your feedback around reporting back to the product team. Thank you again!

Dale from Penn Elcom Inc

Covid 19 Subsidies were confusing...Ceridian to the rescue

We applied for the cews subsidy, and didnt know how we could call employees back, while helping payback some losses for some employees. There were 4 different situations, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], your representative in Nova Scotia 'Owned our experience". She took it one step at a time, making sure myself and the administrator fully understood what we were doing and why. They went through all steps, and made it exceptionally easy...all while being professional, polite, and friendly. These are the people you want on your team. Very well done.

Pros

We were impressed by the many things the software could do, with vacation pay calculators that we did not know we could automate, to setting up three different types of employees easily

Cons

I dont think so. The staff made all the difference, and the software did what worked for us.

Rene from RENE DE CASTRO

Conversion from INSYNC to Powerpay

The conversion from INSYNC to Powerpay was smooth and the system is easy to use. It is not very code driven compared to INSYNC.

Pros

The powerpay system departs from using codes all the time coming from INSYNC. The user interface is very friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Reporting is not as extensive and cannot be used as a replacement for a proper HRIS. Thus I use Dayforce for most basic reports and powerpay just for Payroll reports.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Price and easy transition since both are Ceridian products.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

The time and attendance piece we use with INSYNC was retiring.

Dawn from Evans Hunt

Simple and user friendly

reliable and straightforward.

Pros

Employee self-service is really user friendly and much easier to administer than ADPs team pay

Cons

I would like the ability to run more reports and also would appreciate the ability to export the reports to excel. Would appreciate the ability to make changes with an effective date, for example, make effective on the next pay period rather than having to accumulate those changes in a separate system for later.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Self Service ease of use was really important.

Kevin from Regina Construction Association

Customer Support Excellence unlike no other!

Today I had the pleasure of speaking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and his attention to detail along with an offer to wait on the phone so that we could complete forms for changes. He also sent links to help us navigate the Federal 10% help program.

Pros

Customer support and dedication to helping us the customer. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was absolutely outstanding in service excellence and should be commended!

Cons

Not all of the customer service representatives offer the same level of support.

Sally from RVH Auxiliary

Advocate for Ceridian Powerpay

Powerpay is an excellent tool. Having the ability to work with payroll in this format has enabled me to delegate certain levels of data entry to lower level managers with allowing access to confidential information. This improved efficiencies. Having the ability to access our whole payroll system remotely has been a great asset. Customer service is always quick to respond and you always get to speak to a person that is friendly, professional and will find the answer for you. The software is very easy to use and straight forward. I appreciate that we have been able to do some customization. There are many resources available as well for small businesses that may not otherwise have access.

Pros

I have worked with Ceridian in a previous position with a national company that used the Workforce management component as well. When I needed to source a payroll company for the organization I now work for Ceridian Powerpay was an easy choice. The transition from the existing pay system to Powerpay was seamless for our employees. The implementation of the program was an easy process with the assistance of the support team. It is very user friendly and provides us with all elements we need through the ability to customize. I like that it is easy to access from anywhere, including a mobile device.

Cons

This is an excellent product. The only comment I have for a con is that some of the reporting is not as user friendly in the way this it is laid out. I have not encountered any issues of concern.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Familiarity, Cost, Customer Service and support, Features, Ease of access and use, the ability of customization

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

We were not getting the benefit of credits allowed to us for the size of our payroll as we were lumped together in a larger one. We did have the choice to separate from the larger group and remain with the same payroll company. I worked with Ceridian for 15 years and was very familiar with the systems. After doing our due diligence Ceridian came out on top for a variety of reasons. We evaluated based on cost, ease of use and access, customization, customer service and support.

Response from Ceridian

Replied March 2021

Hi Sally - thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We're delighted to hear that you have found Powerpay to be a useful tool for you and the organizations you've worked for.

Karen from Direct Response Media Group Inc

when I came on board with this company, no one can really teach me how to use the system. I was able to figure it out in some areas, and some I had to call in and get the direction. But all those experiences are effortless. That's how I came to love Powerpay

Pros

It is very easy to use. Training that I got from Powerpay was seamless, the associates are very knowledgeable

Cons

It is not easy to pull reports. If you find a report there's no filter. You have to extract the whole thing and filter it yourself that way

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

cheaper, and it has the functionality that we are looking for to suit our Business

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

the old system cannot provide the same efficiency, as the company grew from 50 employees to 150 in a matter of 2 years

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Karen - Thank you so much for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use. It is great that our support team was able to assist you through the learning process!

Denise from Viavic Express

Happy long-time user

Pros

I have been using Ceridian software (powerpay) for many years now and I really like the ease of use with it. It is easy to set up new employees and it is easy to get payrolls processed. If I need to make any changes, I have no problems doing that either. The reports are excellent (other than my comments below) and I particular like the year-end reports which are quite easy to read and have the information necessary.

Cons

The new version of Powerpay is a bit more cumbersome in terms of scrolling down to the bottom of the screen to get to the next page. It takes me longer to get through the pages. I also wish that there was better reporting - for instance I can't pull up a list of employees who have been terminated and I cannot pull up their Records of Employment without knowing exactly when they left and then finding the report in the Payroll reports section.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Powerpay reports are much better and easier to read. Powerpay understands the particularities of employment in Quebec.

LAUR from SYSTEMS FOR RESEARCH

Industry: Research

EASY TO USE SOFTWARE WITH ROBUST CUSTOMER SUPPORT

We have had a positive experience with Powerpay. The system and the customer support has and continues to exceed our expectations. Anyone who is new to payroll should not hesitate to use Powerpay. The software can be learned quickly. The software's ease of use coupled with the robust customer support will make for a successful outcome.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

I have not found any drawbacks to the software.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Powerpay had a good reputation. We had several colleagues express a positive experience with using it. The response time and knowledge of our account manager, was impressive. Both of these reasons made us comfortable with moving forward. We have had the opportunity to outsource our payroll to our accountant. However, we are fiercely loyal to the Powerpay service due to our past and present experiences.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

We purchased a company of 10 employees already using the ADP package. The software was difficult to understand and there was deficient customer support.

Megan from Canadian Physiotherapy Association

Excellent for small and large businesses

Ease of use, quick processing ties

Pros

The Powerpay feature makes payroll processing a breeze and the customer service is exponential. Amazing experience and have been a loyal Cerdian customer for 5+ years

Cons

Employee Profiles are somewhat limited with information

Price and useage

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

Price and ease of administration

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Megan - Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate your loyalty over the last 5+ years! We recently launched new functionality around employee records that we would love to walk you through. Again, thank you for your business!

JERRY from Phoenix Centre

Industry: Mental Health Care

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

We are smaller type Mental Health agency, so we do not have an HR function. When I have a HR or payroll issue I need guidance with, 99 times out of 100 when I have called Ceridian I have received concise information to apply and complete the transaction. The PowerPay team is very patient and knowledgeable to guide you on tax interpretations on areas I do not have full knowledge. In particular I have found the guidance on termination/severance /ROE to be invaluable to me.

Pros

Generally I find the Power Pay application is well laid out and easy to understand. I have used the PowerPay software for + 12 years, and the most recent update or change was easy to follow and understand. If an error has occurred with your work on a tab you are always warned that the page contains an error and that you cannot proceed until the error has been corrected. The software is truly customer oriented and the sequence of order of applications is easy to follow.

Cons

I do find the internal HR reports are very general in nature and have seldom used them to assist with employee lists.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

This was the only one investigated. The original customer service to set up the PowerPay was excellent.

Response from Ceridian

Replied January 2021

Hi Jerry - Thank you for the feedback! We're so happy that you've been able to lean on our world class customer service team to help you through any challenges you might have. Thank you for your business and loyalty over the last 12+ years!

Parabhdeep from PanGlobal Training Systems Ltd.

Great for Payroll Processing

Source deductions are remitted to Canada Revenue Agency for you and T4's are produced within the system. Easy to file ROEs within in the payroll section. Reduces payroll processing time.

Pros

Easy to use software, integrates easily with payroll processes easily, customer support is one of a kind. They will walk you through any payroll questions.

Cons

None. I will never change payroll software.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Easy to use and low cost.

Response from Ceridian

Replied February 2021

Hi Parabhdeep - Thank you so much for the kind feedback! We're happy to hear that you find our software easy to use.

Mike from Eitz Chaim Schools

Powerpay review

Overall it is a very good product and allows us to process payroll smoothly. The customer service team are friendly, picks up your call quickly and are super helpful at answering your questions. I have also participated in some of their virtual trainings which increased my knowledge and the functionality of the product.

Pros

I have to say what I like most about the product is the people behind it. The customer service is amazing, especially as a new user, I needed alot of help processing payroll. Although I used the help menu, I usually found it quicker and easier to just give them a call. The calls are answered quickly and the reps are very knowledgeable.

Cons

If an employee is not set up on self service it is difficult to retrieve their pay stubs. A paystub report is generated for people without a self service account but I dont find the report includes all the stubs of those without their account active

Response from Ceridian

Replied January 2021

Hi Mike - Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that our support team has been able to assist you when needed. Thank you also for your comments around pay stub reporting for employees without self service, we will be sure to mention this to our product team. Thank you again!

Adele from King Township Public Library

Industry: Libraries

PowerPay makes payroll easy!

Amazing transition (very easy) from InSync Blue, an amazingly intuitive and easy to use product. And it is supported with the excellent customer service that I have grown to know and love from Ceridian.

Pros

PowerPay is an extremely intuitive and easy to use platform for those of whom payroll is not a full-time job. It takes care of most (if not all) of the legislative updates and guides you through on-boarding and off-boarding staff. Linked to Ceridian's DayForce, timesheets are automatically loaded and I rarely spend more than 30 minutes every second week doing payroll.

Cons

I can't name anything that I dislike about the software. Oh, it doesn't calculate anniversary dates - I can report on when folks were hired, but it doesn't say how many years they have been on board. I get that from DayForce, though.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Price, cloud based, ease, Ceridian product.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

Cloud based, InSync was too cumbersome for the smaller size of our business, saved money in moving to PowerPay that I was able to put towards DayForce

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Adele - Thank you so much for your review of Powerpay. We sincerely appreciate the positive words and your feedback around our anniversary date reporting! We are very happy to be of assistance to you when it comes to your payroll! Thank you again and please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions!

Nathan from Victoria Foundation

Ceridian Powerpay is a user-friendly, cost-effective payroll management system

Powerpay makes payroll and HR management a breeze. It takes care of remittances, filing, government and CRA requirements, T4, ROE etc etc. Without Ceridian we would need additional staff to take care of payroll. Ceridian is a fantastic product that I highly recommend.

Pros

I like how Powerpay can do everything I want - track salaries and benefits, process payroll, provide reports, provide ROE and T4 etc. It's a user-friendly product that makes payroll easy to administer. I also really appreciate their phone support - it's very quick and easy to call in, wait times are short and Ceridian phone staff always answer my questions. Powerpay makes my life easier, a very effective product that I have recommended to others and one that I will continue using in the future. They also offer a good variety of training and support classes.

Cons

It can be daunting to learn the product. There are a lot of menus and I feel they could be consolidated and better organized. Once you learn where everything is, it's easy to use the product.

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Nathan - Thank you so much for your detailed review of Powerpay. We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied. We also appreciate your feedback around product training and navigation and we will take those items away to review. Thank you again and please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions!

Nicole from Lynx Integrated Solutions Corp

Great support and product

Overall this is a very good program. It is inexpensive and reliable. The support team is great. I am especially happy at this time of year (not having to do T4's). Did I mention that the support team is extremely helpful?

Pros

The support team is amazing. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. For the most part, once you get used to the program it is reasonably straight forward to use. It does ROE's and T4s which is fantastic! I like the ability to have the benefit deduction to come off only the first pay run and having the permanent values. I have been able to do some customizing to make the reporting better for my needs.

Cons

You can't do anything until you have a pay run open. I would really really like to be able to set up employees, and look at and edit (e.g. rates, benefits, direct deposit) without having to open a pay run. That is the biggest flaw of the program. The ROE portion is also problematic. When you do something wrong it just tells you it didn't generate the ROE but doesn't give you a reason why. Additional guidance and error reporting would be good.

Response from Ceridian

Replied January 2021

Hi Nicole - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We actually now have the functionality to be able to edit or adjust employee data without having to open a pay period. We would love to walk you through that!

Linda from Login ID Canada Inc.

PowerPay - Payroll with peace of mind

The peace of mind and support of Ceridian Customer Service is the reason I choose Ceridian Canada again and again for all my payroll needs.

Pros

This is the 3rd company I have selected for use of Ceridian Canada to handle my payroll. The services they provide meet all my payroll needs with added peace of mind due to the Customer Service Support. The Ceridian Customer Service Team is professional, knowledgeable, relatively easy to reach, and has always been able to support me with a solution. Keep up the good work !

Cons

The platform is not very user friendly if you are a beginner as there are lots of services offered. However if you call Customer Support, they will train and guide your through. Also the price of this payroll services is on high side, but you get what you pay for. I've worked with ADP before (for USA payroll), but I chose Ceridian Canada for Canadian Payroll again and again.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

ADP quoted a higher price. However ADP Canada offers a cheaper and more flexible HR solution than PowerPay.

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Linda - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you have been able to lean on the support team when you need to and that they can walk you through what you need.

Grae from Joan Holmes & Associates

Industry: Research

Ceridian Powerpay is Excellent for Small Business

Payroll now takes less time and is much easier to do. Staff like that they can go online and pick up their own paystubs. I know that if I have any questions, Ceridian staff will help me and will give me pointers as to what to do should I experience the same issue another time. They are very service-oriented and in today's world, good service is a rare commodity. Ceridian also offers a number of webinars that have been extremely beneficial.

Pros

We switched from another payroll company a year ago and have been extremely happy with Powerpay. I have control over inputting the payroll information and there are several built-in checks to make sure that no mistakes have been made. When in doubt, I know that I can call Ceridian to find out what to do. Everyone I have spoken with has been very knowledgeable and helpful. The payroll reports are clear and easy to read and use. From beginning to end, Ceridian's Powerpay takes the stress out of payroll.

Cons

The onboarding process did have a few, very minor issues but we were able to resolve those very quickly and easily.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

I found the previous payroll platform that we were used was archaic, problematic, time consuming and there was very little help or service offered. We wanted to upgrade to a software that would make payroll easier and take less time.

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Grae - We appreciate the detailed feedback and are so happy to hear that Powerpay takes the stress out of your payroll processes! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Jennefer from CEPA

Industry: Oil & Energy

Make your payroll Easier!

Powerpay is easy to use and makes the process less burdensome, especially when doing multiple payrolls.

Pros

Ceridian Power Pay is simple to use, takes the headache out of doing your payroll. Easy to follow, and fantastic support.

Cons

In anything, there is always room for improvement, but what I love about Ceridian is that they are always evolving, always looking for ways to make the product better and ways to make your job easier!

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

I have used PowerPay (and versions of Ceridian) over many years. Each time I go to a new employer or client, I end up switching to Ceridian.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

ADP is much less user friendly and "clumsy".

Michelle from Otis Excavating Partnership

Accounting Everything

I have not encountered any issues with Ceridian in the last 9 years.

Pros

I have used it for years. I have recommended it to many of my bookkeeping clients. I find it user friendly, convenient to access older info and easy to speak to customer service.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this product.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

It looked better and I thought that the price was better.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

I like accessing Ceridian from anywhere, not having to go into a clients house to do it.

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Michelle - Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your loyalty over the last 9 years and are delighted that you still find Powerpay meets your needs.

Suma from Association of Municipalities of Ontario

Industry: Government Relations

Super Powerpay

Time saving is one of the best benefit also recording of the transaction is very easy.

Pros

I like all the features, from inputting the data to the final result, it is very easy and user friendly.

Cons

I don't want to say it as con, but every company comes with its unique payroll features , so it does take time to integrate, but finally powerpay is integrated with the company's system.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

ADP is mostly US based company, Powerpay made us to feel very local

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Suma - Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We are so happy that you find the system meets your needs and saves you time.

SHERYL from Cheyenne Tree Farms Ltd.

Industry: Wholesale

Powerpay Use

It has always been an easy experience with powerpay and that that they are there to help if you need it.

Pros

We use Powerpay and have for a number of years. For a small seasonal company like ours, it is very easy for me to submit payroll from anywhere I have access to a computer. It also great to have ROE, t4's and year end completed so easily. Knowledgeable staff make it easy when your have a question or problem.

Cons

Being seasonal it would be easier if we could maintain somewhere the info for our workers who return every year. If we could recall them by their employee number, it would save a lot of extra work.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

2 years ago with a change in our company, we considered switching to another company, but decided that we were better to stay with Ceridian and PowerPay. It gave us everything we needed and pricing was comparable

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Sheryl - Thank you so much for your feedback! We are delighted to hear that Powerpay continues to serve you well! We will be sure to take your feedback about recalling employees back to our product team. We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve. Thank you again!

Carolyn from Ascend LLP

Customer service is everything

It's been an excellent experience.

Pros

The best part of Ceridian - other than the ease of use - is the customer service. Especially in the early days of using Ceridian, every time I had questions the customer service team was patient and very knowledgeable. In this day and age when good service is hard to find from even the largest company I appreciate knowing that any issue I have will be dealt with painlessly and quickly.

Cons

No cons. It works as needed. I've not had any issues with the software.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

This is an easier way to manage the 8 offices I do payroll for across 3 provinces.

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Carolyn - Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! We can't tell you how happy we are to hear that you have had a great experience with Powerpay and our support team!

Michael from Arconas

Industry: Furniture

Powerpay Review

Pros

integrated ROE production payroll preview

Cons

Reports not always easy access or set up

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Michael - Thank you for your feedback! We greatly appreciate it!!

Theresa from Prairie Architects Inc

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Powerpay review

I used Ceridian many year ago in previous positions, but it had been a number of years. I recall it being a little simpler to use, but still find the program fairly intuitive.

Pros

Quite user friendly, it had been a number of years since I process payroll and was able to step back in very simply, with no refresher training needed.

Cons

Having to enter a pay period to view or modify employee records/information. It would also be nice if the program would auto calculate the salary override when vacation pay is entered. It would alternatively be nice if we could be entering this information in days or hours and the program did the math. Salary information is provided in employee set up.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

It was implemented before my time, and functions well enough I see no need to revisit the option.

Response from Ceridian

Replied January 2021

Hi Theresa - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback! We actually now offer functionality that removes the need to enter a pay period to adjust employee info. We will absolutely take your other points into consideration as well! Thank you!

Lina from Catholic Missions In Canada

Excellent product available in the market with an amazing customer service

It's easy to use software. Most of all, using this software comes with excellent customer services - always available to talk to someone with very little wait-time. Customer service agents are well educated and informed of current changes with payroll.

Pros

This software is user friendly and well mapped out hence easy to navigate the site. Any updates including the Government updates are available hence I can always make sure that I am dealing with the most up-to-date information. This software comes with an excellent customer service, available on the phone during the office hours. I have not yet had a 'hung' calls nor getting an agent who could not guide me.

Cons

There are very little to none negative opinions on this software. I have not had any negative experiences with this software as of now.

n/a

Response from Ceridian

Replied April 2021

Hi Lina - Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We're pleased to hear that our customer support team has proven helpful for you.

Richard from Impact Logistics Inc.

Industry: Warehousing

Ceridian Powerpay

I am very satisfied with Powerpay. Good value for the cost of the program and easy to use.

Pros

Performing weekly and bi-weekly payrolls with Ceridian Powerpay are very easy and efficient to process. Convenient features of the program include the ability to set up multiple bank accounts for each employee to be able to split their pay into different accounts, the self service features for staff to view and print their paystubs online through their own personal login and to easily set up permanent and temporary deductions like group benefits deductions or one time additional federal tax deductions.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to separately search and print an employees paystub - current period or prior period without having to print all employees.

Response from Ceridian

Replied February 2021

Hi Richard - Thank you very much for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use and efficient!

Mandy from Alberta Neurologic Centre

Easy to use for management and staff

Pros

The ease of being able to move from one screen while entering payroll to the next is critical in being able to save time and be more efficient. If you attempt to leave one screen without remembering to save what you have entered, a message pops up alerting you, this leave little room for errors.

Cons

The only part of this software that is frustrating is that you can't enter new employee information without first starting a new run.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

We liked the ease of use of both being able to enter payroll but also how the self service app functions, allowing our employess access to their pay stubs quickly.

Response from Ceridian

Replied February 2021

Hi Mandy - Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! We now have the functionality available to enter new employee info without having to start a run. We will have your rep reach out with more details! Thank you!

Morag from Fabutan Corporation

Ceridian makes things easier

We've always been very happy, saves so much time and staffing. Especially love the people on the help lines.

Pros

The generation of ROEs saves so much time, it's a life saver. The ability to pull prior years reports is great.

Cons

Nothing really missing nor that we don't like.

Customer servie

Response from Ceridian

Replied February 2021

Hi Morag - Thank you for sharing your experience with Powerpay! We're glad that you enjoy using the solution and that our support team has been helpful!

Anna from eTracks Tire Management Systems

Industry: Environmental Services

My review on PowerPay

I find that anytime I have question or require assistance, I am able to call and talk to a customer service advisor in a timely manner. All customer service advisors that I have spoken to have all been very helpful and knowledgable and provided excellent guidance and advise.

Pros

I like the fact that employees can obtain their paystubs and T4's online. I find that once an individual has used it often enough it is user friendly.

Cons

I don't like the fact that I do not have access to the employees' paystubs unless I go into the system as the user. It would be nice to be able to pull an employee's paystub to review if the need arises. I also think it would be good to be able to make changes to the employee's profile (ie address change) without having to open a payrun to do so.

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Anna - Thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it! We now have functionality that allows you to access employee records without entering a pay period. We would be happy to walk you through this! It is great to hear that you are happy with the support you have received so far! Thank you!

DIMPY from WESTCOAST CHILDCARE RESOURCE CENTRE

MODERN, EASY AND VERSATILE PRODUCT

- very satisfactory - saves a lot of time - easy to hire and terminate staff in the system - the reports are comprehensive and easy to generate

Pros

- data entry is really easy - powerpay was customised for us to a large degree - easy to understand and explain

Cons

- the integration with our old system took a bit of time

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

we really experienced a good customer service with Powerpay and it seemed to meet all our needs

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

Powerpay was highly recommended to me by some of my very senior colleagues who have been using Powerpay themselves.

Response from Ceridian

Replied January 2021

Hi Dimpy - Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use that it meets your business' needs.

Janice from Luso Canadian Charitable Society

Great value for service

Having a team of professionals who can answer questions in a quick and professional manner has been so refreshing compared to our last provider

Pros

Setup process was smooth and assistance provided each step of the way.

Cons

I would like to see a holiday pay calculation feature.

Customer service

Response from Ceridian

Replied February 2021

Hi Janice - Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Laurie from Kenesserie Camp

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Takes the Guesswork out of payroll

The time it takes to calculate the deductions and write each person's cheques is solved with this software. Since this task is done by volunteers who may or may not have any accounting/payroll skills, this software makes all those decisions for us. I don't have to keep Excel spreadsheets to keep track of our running costs.

Pros

I like that I don't have to keep up to date on the latest tables. Ceridian is always up to date on that. I like that I don't have to remit the deductions. Ceridian does that. Once the employee is set up, it is very easy to pay them or to edit if need be. I really like the direct deposit feature rather than cheques because our staff are seasonal students who seem to lose cheques more frequently.

Cons

There really isn't anything I can say negative. We don't use many of the features available such as employee portals or human resources management because of the nature of our staffing dynamics. I don't like that I can't run two different payrolls - one monthly for our salary, and one weekly for our counsellor staff - using only 1 payroll fee. I would have to pay the basic fee for each.

Response from Ceridian

Replied February 2021

Hi Laurie - Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

melissa from moorhead investment group ltd

Industry: Restaurants

great product with ease of use

overall very good experience both with the software and the customer support. we have been customers for the past 13 years and haven't felt the need to look elsewhere for similar services

Pros

for our employee base this product is easy to use, easy to navigate through your customer support are approachable and understand the ins and outs of payroll and what the employers obligations are

Cons

the only issues I have encountered was with codes that Ceridian uses and coordinating that with our software system and their codes it not always seamless or as intuitive as it should be

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

it came to use highly recommended

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Melissa - Thank you very much for your feedback! Your loyalty means the world to us and we're happy to hear we are still meeting your payroll needs. Thank you for sharing your issues around codes, we are always looking to find ways to streamline.

JoAnne from Deltastream Energy Corporation

Payroll made easy

This has allowed my department to run efficiently. Powerpay is like a payroll person in my pocket.

Pros

I love the ease of using this program. The screens are user friendly and everything is made as simple as possible. I would be lost without the calendar reminders for processing deadlines. These have made my life much less stressful.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the ability to have more than one pay period open at a time. I understand why this is not allowed but in the case of a small company with infrequent changes, it would be helpful to work ahead sometimes.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

I chose it because of ease of use and past experience using the product.

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi JoAnne - Thank you so much for your feedback! It's great to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use and that it takes some of the stress out of your life!

Tammy from Leipert Financial Group

Payroll

Great.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Input is easy. Reports are super efficient.

Cons

Little education probably do not use it to its full potential.

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

I had used Quic books payroll years ago and prefer having a third party manage deductions etc.

Response from Ceridian

Replied February 2021

Hi Tammy - Thank you for the feedback, we greatly appreciate it!

Jenna from Erwins Automotion Inc

Review of Powerpay

I am extremely satisfied with powerpay. In addition to the easy to use software I have called the customer help line many times. I have received exceptional service and advice and am always greeted with knowledge and kindness. I will recommend to others.

Pros

The powerpay portal is extremely easy to use. The layout is well done and makes it easy to learn and understand. It is also a program that is quick and efficient.

Cons

The only complaint I have about the software is that you’re not able to access a lot of information without having a run open. I would prefer to be able to have that information on the side bar to access quickly. Sometimes I can’t access that information when our payroll is being processed. Other than that I have no issues with the software.

Response from Ceridian

Replied January 2021

Hi Jenna - Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you are satisfied with Powerpay and our customer support team! We now have the ability to access employee info without having to be in a pay period, we'd love to walk you through that! Thanks again!

Eve from The Licence Centre

Ease of Use & Good Functionality

Powerpay let's me process my payroll quickly and effectively, and allows for seamless report integration with my accounting software. My monthly time spent doing payroll is minimum which allows me to spend time on other elements of my business.

Pros

This product is easy to use - in both accessing the program, accessing reports and the data entry. When having to pull a report, it is easily found and parameters are easily set. Easily read reports help me analyze my payroll as well as make it easy for me to enter the data into my accounting software.

Cons

Sometimes setting up an employee for self-service functions is a little clunky.

6 years ago

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

Ease of access, much more powerful program.

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Eve - Thank you for your feedback around Powerpay! We're delighted to hear that it makes payroll easier and saves you time!

Lindsey from Catalyst LLP

PowerPay Review

Overall, we enjoy PowerPay and it meets our needs of a payroll software! Would recommend it

Pros

Easy to use Great customer service Great year end webinars

Cons

To find simple employee information in their profile, a new pay period always has to be created which sometimes is not feasible if we don't want to set up a new pay period at that time The payroll preview in Insync was better, in my opinon

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

no other options were considered as we use PowerPay with 2 other companies of ours

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

We had to change, as Insync was no longer being supported

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Lindsey - Thank you for your feedback! We actually now have the functionality to access employee info without having to be in a pay period. We would be happy to walk you through that! Glad to hear that Powerpay is meeting your payroll needs!

ellen from Restaurant Elena

Industry: Restaurants

Friendly customer service and high customizability

I have used Powerpay since 2018. While I occasionally find the user interface to be confusing, the customer service has always been excellent. Our employees like that their paystubs are detailed and easy to read. The electronic delivery of year-end forms saves us the headache of tracking down employees who have changed addresses since they left our employment. I would recommend Powerpay to colleagues in the industry without hesitation.

Pros

I like that I can input various types of income (hourly, salary, various salareis) and it is presented clearly on the employee pay stub.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to figure out how to use a function for the first time- it could be more user-friendly.

Response from Ceridian

Replied February 2021

Hi Ellen - Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your business and insight, we're happy to hear that our customer service team has been excellent!

Mary from Electronic Products Recycling Association (EPRA)

Industry: Environmental Services

Saves Manual Payroll Manipulation

I really appreciate the ability to get help on all payroll-related questions from a real, live person!!

Pros

The ability to automate payroll processes and make any required changes easily. The response to current government programs including information and built in customization, such as the new T4 earnings reporting this year-end: earnings for each CERB pay period are automatically generated for each employee. I also appreciate the year-end training provided each year, which covers legislative changes and general "how tos".

Cons

I honestly don't feel there are any features lacking that I would look for or have needed.

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Mary - We are glad to hear that Powerpay makes processing payroll easier for you! Thank you for providing your feedback.

Kim from Coleman Equipment Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Requested - Review

Always have had good customer support.

Pros

User Friendly - Processing the company's payroll is a necessity and using this software helps make the task go quickly because of the repetitive steps.

Cons

n/a - I am unable to think of any specific item(s).

Recommended by others.

Response from Ceridian

Replied December 2020

Hi Kim - Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that Powerpay helps to make things easier for you!