• Pros

• "It is easy to set up a candidate, the results are easy to read and understand, and I trust the accuracy."

• "I like most that the software is easy to use and we can make it work for our needs. We are able to customize benchmarks that fit all our positions."

• "user friendly to look at applicants and the searching applicants. the notes application is good "

• Cons

• "with changes to resume tracking system it took a little while to learn to navigate, but have since learned some shortcuts, etc"

• "The software is a little cumbersome and confusing for setting up benchmarks/positions and activating. I would like to see a more streamlined process similar to what I see in the APS module."

• "Some limitations for custom sorting and displaying results."

Browse Prevue Assessments Reviews

Aislinn from Entreflow Consulting Group

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Prevue

This app is really good for anybody who's hiring, this is the tool that you would use to conduct some foreshadowing, where you can figure out what might be some challenges in the future, or figure out some really strong skills that a person has that they might be short selling themselves on.

Pros

There's a lot that we love; Prevue is a psychometric testing app that you can use to test any new candidates, and as well your existing team. The best feature is that you can actually create your own benchmarking that is very specific to the role that you're hiring. Some of their other top features are that it's a reasonably short survey, so it's not something that's going to throw off candidates if they have to sit and spend a whole hour doing a test, it's quite quick to get through. They have their own standard benchmarking within the tool, but you can create your own and you can get your team to do it and create a benchmark based off of what your team is looking for. What’s really cool about this is that if you take something like an accountant role, if you were to take the standard benchmarking, your typical accountant might be a little bit more self-focused in their work and they might not be collaborating with other team members as much. Most accountants, people typically think are not as client facing, or independent workers. However, for Entreflow our accountants need to be client facing, they need to be well-versed with technology, and they also need to work collaboratively in a team. So we are able to create a benchmark for our instance of an accountant; what we want to have for an accountant versus what a typical accountant role might look like.

Cons

I don't think we actually have any. This app does what it needs to do, it's really easy to use. From an implementation perspective it's easy peasy so you actually get a dedicated implementation team that helps you to get it all set up and then as well that it helps you with the benchmarking if you need it.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Aislinn, this is such an amazing and detailed review! Thank you so much for the love and we are happy to hear that our products were useful.

Aaron from Mu Consulting Inc.

Can't imagine recruiting without it!

I've been using Prevue for over six (6) years, as a super administrator on the account. Having gone through my third full-cycle implementation recently, I can say with confidence that Prevue has really augmented their customer success game over the last few years, which had led to increased adoption, and anticipation of using the product across the entire organization. The validity and accuracy the platform produces have won over hiring managers who have traditionally been skeptical about like-products. The overall ease of use and ability to establish job-specific benchmarks within a few minutes has become invaluable. I just can't imagine my full-cycle talent acquisition function without Prevue.

Pros

Responsive sales and post-sales support. Excellent support for administrators, end-users, and customers/candidates.

Cons

Some limitations for custom sorting and displaying results.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied June 2019

Aaron, we're so glad to hear that you enjoyed our product and sessions! Thank you for the awesome feedback, it really means a lot to us.

Kelsey from Conestoga Meat Packers

Industry: Food Production

Overall clean interface that is easy to navigate

Pros

Clean look, Organized, Good notes/status feature that allows us to see comments about applicants. Like that we can transfer candidate information across different applications

Cons

Appears to be issues with searching candidate name/history. will not let me add in applicant if it says already in system, but when searching that candidate, no results found

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Hi Kelsey thank you for letting us know about the issue you're having. Please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team so they can figure out what the problem is. Thank you!

Sharon from Express Employment Professionals

Excellent support and customer service - - - dependable product.

Assist clients with their hiring process and using this product as one of the steps they take. They are pleased with the results of the quality of the candidates that they hire - due to the steps they use to screen in and out candidates - - - one of those steps is the Prevue test.

Pros

Easy to manage test results, and track usage and history of usage by department. Prevue team is very receptive and good with clients when they want to set up new benchmarks.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with self-registration tested. Can't export more than 200 test results at one time. When you put in 'from' date for looking at history of tests taken it sorts immediately before you get a chance to put in the second date and then push search. Then you need to back and put in the second date to get the timeframe that you want.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

This makes us very happy Sharon! We'll let our Support Team know how much you appreciated their service. Thank you so much and we'll take your concerns into consideration as well.

Amanda from A'GACI, LLC

Very easy to use with minimal issues

Pros

The ability to contact our rep and solve issues quickly. Separation of our organization by stores for easier searching. The ability to conduct our own assessments within the organization and adjust benchmarks to fit what we are looking for.

Cons

Some of the issues we have to contact our rep about, we should be able to solve on our own such as searching candidates and selecting reporting

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you Amanda for the great review! We hope our team was able to assist you with any issues you had. Please don't hesitate to contact us any time!

adam from Conestoga Meats

Industry: Machinery

good product - hard to upload JD

Pros

Cons

problems uploading and creating JD - wont upload from word and when copy and paste it enters wrong limited report use

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you Adam for your review! We'll talk to our tech team to see where the issue lies and hopefully can come up with a solution to this.

VERY HELPFUL AND SUCH A SIMPLE SOFTWARE TO USE

Pros

Prevue Assessments helped me to thoroughly assess an applicant before accepting him or her for the next step. It has taken a quarter of my tasks and made my life somehow easier and faster. The ability to compare candidates is such an amazing feature. With its skill testing feature, it can easily assess an applicant, allowing me to determine traits which are applicable to our company.

Cons

It seems like it allows a minimal amount of applicants per export. It crashes every time I try to export a few hundred at a time. I am hoping that this can be fixed in the next updates.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for this awesome review! Happy to know that our product was helpful. We'll be talking to our tech team regarding the crashing issue. Please let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be happy to help!

Sara from Heartland Bank and Trust

Prevue has been very great to work with and provides us with a high level of customer service.

Pros

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for such a positive review, Sara! We're always happy to help.

Matthew from Taura Natural Ingredients

Industry: Food Production

The ability to compare employees across the years and develop different training strategies for different people.

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to compare results with employees both old and new and see the accuracy on predicting how an employee will work and develop.

Cons

As a user not being aware of the cost implications for my company. If I want to go back and add some more testing requirements for someone who has already completed one assessment, it would be good to know on screen what the cost will be, so I can easily decide if it is worth it.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you Matthew for the review! Most of our customers are on our unlimited annual subscription. Please don't hesitate to double check with your Success Manager or our Support Team if you have any questions.

Prevue is an effective tool in our recruitment process. We use it currently for all salaried roles.

Ability to make notes to share among HR team. A good overview of a candidate's fit to the organziational culture.

Pros

The ability to measure results against custom profiles we build for our roles. The suggested interview questions are also very useful. Giving us insights into candidates strengths and opportunty areas is fantastic.

Cons

Some of the admin work involved if candidates do not get the email or entering them manually if they are internal candidates but it's not cumbersome.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your review and concerns! We'll trying our best to improve our products as well and hope to find a solution soon.

Emily from CorTalent

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

I've found that using Prevue is easy to do, I learned the system very easily.

I feel that my company benefits a lot from the Prevue software. We use it on a daily basis and scope our company around the system.

Pros

The best part about the Prevue software is the different options that the software provides. My favorite part is the assessment aspect of the system.

Cons

My least favorite part about the Prevue software is sometimes it can be hard to find what you're looking for throughout the site. I would like there to be more organization with applicants.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you Emily for the positive review and we're glad you're finding our assessments useful. We're constantly finding ways to upgrade our system to make it more user-friendly. This is very helpful!

Majeeda from Gurnee Park District

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Excellent Customer Service, Quick Implementation, Easy to Navigate, and Informative

This software was used to aid in the selection of management level/specialty roles that we rely on to manage our team and organizational processes. It was beneficial to be able to develop benchmarks with which we could measure the skills and attributes of the final sets of candidates that we interviewed. It was not used as a final determining factor but as a aid in our final decisions.

Pros

I was very impressed by this company's response time with questions and concerns. Each person I spoke to was knowledgeable, friendly and patient. I was pleased by the ease of implementation and navigation through the various actions in the software. The software performed as promised with no hiccups. I also enjoyed learning about the process and the skills attributes measured within the assessment. I also thought that the pricing model was competitive and worth the value.

Cons

I think that the dashboard could be a little more user friendly for those that aren't used to applications such as this but it did not pose a major issue for me.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for this lovely review Majeeda! Our team will be delighted to hear about this. As per your concern, we are constantly working with the tech team to improve our system. We hope to find a solution to your concerns soon!

Mia from Conestoga Meat Packers

Industry: Food Production

I have worked with Prevue and their associates for over 10 years now - excellent program & support

leadership assessments

Pros

leadership assessment and reports provided have been invaluable to both organizations that I have had the opportunity to use them in. they have helped clearly identify the "right fit" for the roles we were recruiting for.

Cons

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you Mia for the constant love and support over the years! It makes us very happy to know that we've been doing something right to help others. To many more years to come!

Sherili from Gaming Arts

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Extremely valuable during the interview process and for succession planning

Improved hiring practices and results. More insight into existing employees' skill sets which assists in determining optimal job fit.

Pros

Assessments are comprehensive and meaningful. They provide invaluable insight to the interview process.

Cons

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Hi Sherili, thank you for letting us know how you feel about our product! Glad to know it has been helpful in your hiring process. We're constantly trying our best to improve our system as well and we'll take your concerns into consideration. Thank you again!

Karey from Bulk Barn

The product is reliable and makes my job easier.

The software is easy to use and can apply it quickly.

Pros

Cons

Candidates sometimes have an issue logging in to complete the testing, but it has not been an issue with the test or format of instructions. It is the candidate not following accurate instructions. I would like to be able to add in additional questions to make it specific to our organization and the culture of the organization. Finding out what the stressors are for them at work, what kind of management style that they can an can not thrive being managed under.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Hi Karey, it makes our day to know that our products have fulfilled their purposes in making your job easier! Thank you for the suggestion as well and we'll take it into consideration.

Martina from The Hillman Group Canada

Industry: Warehousing

Very easy system to use. Useful information in the recruitment process.

Pros

The system is easy, informative, loads of jobs to choose from. It helps in the recruitment process, we use it for all our roles.

Cons

There could be more roles add to the list: more complex jobs like ie: Analyst level - financial, operations etc.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Hi Martina, thank you very much for the positive review! We're glad we were able to help. We will discuss with our team to see if we could include more positions and categories on our system. Thank you for the suggestion!

Wade from Messer and Company, Inc.

I have used the Prevue Assessment for over 20 years. It is accurate and reliable. I recommend it.

Pros

Its accuracy and reliability. Customer support is outstanding. They respond to all my requests and questions.

Cons

Learning how to use all the available tools. There is a lot of good information and it takes time to learn how to use it. I would like to see you develop an integrity assessment.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Hi Wade! Cheers to 20 years and many more to come! Thank you for your review and concern. Our Support Team is here all the time to answer your questions. Please don't hesitate to give us a nudge!

Dean from STEP Energy Services

Industry: Oil & Energy

I have been involved in several similar products. Prevue is user friendly & the support is fantastic

We typically use the Prevue for candidate sourcing . We are advancing to career development and goal setting in 2018.

Pros

It is user friendly. It provides a report that is specific to the applicability to the skill sets. Our field employee can read their report and identify take away's for goal setting and career development

Cons

I don't have any cons. If there were one it would be getting incumbents and managers to provide feedback to build company specific benchmark data

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

A 10/10! Thank you Dean! We're always happy to know that we're able to help.

Kinga from Marwood Metal Fabrication

good

Pros

Marwood values and uses the assessments. they are very realistic and we use them a lot, with a lot of success.

Cons

I do not like the length it take to post jobs, but not sure how that could be changed. thank you

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Hi Kinga, we really appreciate your review! Our Support Team may be able to assist you with any concerns you have. Please don't hesitate to contact us any time!

Christina from HR Fusion

Lots of valuable information in one report. Additional reports are like icing on the cake!

Makes the selection of a candidate easier and confirms fit to a team / organization based of facts not just gut instinct.

Pros

The ease of use; click a few criteria and you are good to go! The the ability to communicate with the candidates directly from the software.

Cons

The 'suggested questions' are vague when the candidate is off the curve. Would suggest either making them more relevant to the position or take them out as a separate report and we can choose to refer to them if necessary.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Hi Christina! We're glad to know our products were able to provide valuable insights to you. We'll discuss with the team to see if we can make any improvements to our reports and suggested questions. Thank you!

Janette from Craig Manufacturing Ltd.

Industry: Machinery

It's been a useful tool during our recruiting process.

Pros

The value we get for the investment of the software. We've found Prevue just confirms our decisions that we come to during our interview process.

Cons

Some of the reports seem identical. Would like to see a bit more variety in the data. The software is also a bit hard to catch on to when creating the positions.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you Clark for the review! Sometimes trusting your gut can be risky, and we're glad to know our assessments were able to give the final confirmation to support your decision!

Stefan from Questica

Very easy to implement. Customer support is excellent.

Pros

Goes beyond just personality assessments to also evaluate motivations and specific abilities. Speed of turnaround of assessments is very quick.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you Stefan for the awesome review! Our Support Team will be happy to know they were able to help.

Courtney from Roadhouse Cinemas

Industry: Restaurants

LOVE IT!

I really love Prevue software. It makes everything so much easier while hiring. Very easy interface and makes communication with applicants easy.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is the design layout. From your home screen you can see everything in one shot. Your applicants, their email, phone number, name, etc.

Cons

My least favorite part about the software is not being able to see all of the questions the applicant answered in the assessments. It shows me whether they scored red, yellow or green, but it does not show me the exact answers.

Robin from Robin Caslick & Associates

User friendly and easily interpreted.

Happy clients.

Pros

it provides very comprehensive relevant information and is easily understood. The job fit benchmarks are particularly helpful in predicting potential job success.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Happy clients make us happy too! Thank you for the lovely review and glad to know our assessments were helpful.

Kristi from SHAZAM

Industry: Facilities Services

We've been administering the Prevue for 15+ years, but love the online option!

Pros

Easy to set up and administer. We used to do them via paper with a timer and booklet the candidate had to complete and I had to manually score. This is much more efficient!

Cons

Not really a dislike, but it was a bit of a learning curve and I have to go back and check my notes when setting up a new position and getting the benchmark ready. I just don't do it all that often

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Hi Kristi! Thank you so much for the lovely review and we're happy to know we've been helpful for 15+ years! Our Support Team is always available to assist you so please don't hesitate to bug us whenever you need help with anything.

Brenda from Fairwinds Training & Development

Have used prevue since 1997, still a very valuable recruiting tool

I am able to provide a value-added service for my clients in recruiting and coaching as well as succession planning

Pros

online capability for testing, multiple reports, online access to all info, database, transferring credits, language preferences,

Cons

multiple reports in one document are not available, specifically working characteristics and selection) searching for the position and people could be easier,

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

We're always delighted to see customers who have been with us since nearly the beginning. We're constantly finding ways to improve as well. Thank you for the letting us know about your concerns!

Lesley from Sonovision

Great tool

Pros

Easy to use, good UX- I like the interface. Managers like being able to login and view applicants. I like the spotlight feature.

Cons

French accents don't carry over when copy and pasting from a Word job description. Instead of having job specific questions, have a question bank where individual questions can be added.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you Lesley for the review! We're always trying our best to improve our system and we'll talk to our tech team about the issue. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team!

Jill from Talent International Development

Customer support always helpful

There are many competitors out there, each with a slightly different perspective. I like PrevueHr because I think it is well validated and easy to use.

Pros

The assessment is good and works well for users and the coaches. The report is easy to read, and explains the responses clearly. The system generating logins appears to work well. I like the variable times they offer training and their help system gives good explanations.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

A 10/10! Thank you Jill for the love and we'll spread this to our Support Team as well. Thank you for being an awesome customer!

Michael from West Glen Corporation d/b/a Reliable Roofing

Prevue hasa nice ATS system and the assessments are very good.

convenience. POsting, ATS and assessments are all in one place.

Pros

The website is easy to navigate. I also like the fact that it sends an alert and a link when someone has applied.

Cons

I would like to be able to email an aplication to a colleague without that colleague having to log in, etc.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you Michael! Happy to know that our assessments have been useful. At the moment, our system will still require users to log in to access to the data for confidentiality purposes. But we will take this into consideration for the future. Thank you again!

Lori from BlueShore Financial

I've been working with Prevue assessments for almost 20 years. Completely believe in them!

I've used it for almost 20 years...better hiring, and less turnover.

Pros

Ease of use, accuracy of reporting, interview questions, corporate coaching tools, support from the Prevue team.

Cons

On occasion the system will glitch when a candidate is in progress. Have to resend and disrupts the process.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for believing in us all these years! This made our day. Our tech team is working hard to resolve any issues. Please let us know if you ever need help with anything else! Always happy to work with you.

Alisa from McDonald Wholesale

Industry: Warehousing

Effective ATS system

Pros

The tools and set up are very easy to use and train managers on the use of the system. Customer Service has been outstanding! It has been a product that has received excellent feedback and buy in from managers that are utilizing the system to track applicants.

Cons

Some of the graph reporting I wish could be exported

Zac from R.V. Anderson Associates Limited

The Prevue HR tool is easy to administer and easy to use when set up.

We have had a huge red flag. This software helped support my feeling from an interview that didn't go well. However the hiring manager was eager to hire them.

Pros

Having it cloud based is much nicer. That way if needed we can have candidates do the surveys prior of after an interview from their home computers.

Cons

Having automated reminder emails to have staff manager fill out to JDS surveys until they have completed them would be helpful. It would allow the software to do the pestering as opposed to the HR people.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you Zac for the positive review! We are happy to know that our assessments and system were helpful. We agree that having automated reminder emails would make things more efficient too. Let us talk to our tech team to see if this is something feasible on our side. Awesome stuff!

Eric from Sle-Co Plastics Inc.

Prevue has been a excellent tool for both assessing current employees and during the hiring process.

If gives a great base line for the type of individual you are looking for during the hiring process

Pros

The report process and the interview notes that are generated and can be utilized to narrow in on "trouble" areas or concern areas of a candidate

Cons

Generating the reports is not always straight forward. It can be dependent on the testing given which can cause confusion on which report to generate

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Hi Eric, thank you for the review and we're happy to help! We hope to solve your confusions so please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team whenever you have a question.

Ariana from ApplicantPro

I really enjoy working with Prevue. They're always fast and courteous!

It allows us to review applicants for our jobs and determine whether they'll be a good fit culturally.

Pros

I like that I can navigate the system without having to ask questions. I also like the integration we have with them - it makes our clients so happy with both services.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you Ariana! We do pride ourselves in having a team of awesome people here. We'll keep the awesome stuff going!

Justine from Delaware Center for Digestive Care

Awesome!

This has been a great tools for us to use when we have any hiring positions that need certain types of personality, knowledge or personality when speaking on the phone.

Pros

This software is easy to use and very friendly to add a person. You can set up several Assessments. Easy to read reports

Cons

At this time there is nothing that we do not like about the system.

Reasons for Choosing Prevue Assessments

We needed something to help in finding the right employee for the position that was open.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied November 2019

Thank you Justine for going above and beyond to leave us an amazing review! Customers like you make us love what we do. We're very glad that you're happy with our products and support.

Helina from Entreflow Consulting Group

Great, well tested tool. The custom benchmarks make it hands down a necessity for unique roles.

Got great insight into the potential development support needed for new hires. Avoided a potential bad fit hire too which saved us thousands of dollars in onboarding and training. It seemed too simple when we first tested it out. After learning more about the methodology on the back end and testing it out further, we had a better idea of its accuracy in predicting performance.

Pros

Ease of use. It is super easy to send a candidate a link to complete the assessment and review/understand the results. Custom benchmarks. Again, it is super easy to create the custom benchmarks needed to evaluate the candidates against the ideal profile for the role. The custom benchmark allows for a better match of candidate to your specific needs as opposed to your candidate to a generalised idea for that role.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Helina, thank you for such a positive and detailed review! We are very glad to learn that our products were able to help bring insight to your hiring process. Good stuff!

Moe from BMC Networks

The process of getting a demo and starting to use the system was very efficient with amazing support

Much improved recruiting process.

Pros

Great reports with various layouts. Love the ability to set benchmarks using current staff and high performers

Cons

The interface could be more user friendly as it is hard to navigate and find the info you need.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for giving us a 10/10 Moe! Really appreciate it. We'll be discussing with the tech team regarding the system layout and navigation. We hope to find a solution soon!

Brian from Marathon Human Resources Consulting Group Limited

Clients like the clarity and focus of the reports

Pros

Easy to administer Accessibility of the content for clients Candidates clearly see themselves in the report

Cons

It would be great to have an online capacity to purchase credits. It is difficult with time zones to always have to make the call.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Hi Duggan, thank you for the review! We really appreciate it. We'll discuss with the team about your concern and hopefully could find a solution to this!

Bronwen from Entreflow Consulting Group

Super helpful for candidate assessing

Pros

The things that I love most about this software is the results that you received from the tests that are conducted. There is a lot of selection in the type of test to conduct to match the role that you are trying to assess for and I think that is very important as well.

Cons

I wish that the software was a little smoother to use, I find that without using it on a daily basis that I lose some of the important steps. It would be nice if the process was more simplified

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the review Bronwen! We're happy to know the assessments were helpful and we'll take your concerns into consideration as well.

Zoe from Entreflo

I felt like we had assistance the whole way through to set it up. Fairly easy to use.

It is a good reference point to aid in a difficult conversation with candidates

Pros

It is easy to use and has an accessible price point. It is straight forward for users as well. The calibration / setting up of templates with clients is a valuable exercise.

Cons

It is less in-depth than some of the other assessments out there (they are pricier). It's not "fool proof' testing.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

HI Zoe! We really appreciate your review as we are constantly finding ways to improve ourselves as well. Thank you for your honest thoughts!

Guneet from Maximus Canada

Its a wonderful tool to asses the areas of interest

Pros

Its easy way to asses the good fit for your Profession. Also provides various other options that you sometimes do not think of as a profession.

Cons

I used it once and liked it. It takes too much time to finish assessment. Overall i liked the software as such.

Response from Prevue HR Systems

Replied May 2019

Hi Guneet! Thank you for such a positive review. We're happy to know that our products were helpful!