All PrimePay Reviews

Carolina

Reviewed March 2018

Massive payroll data through data upload

The most common problerma I could solve using this software refers to solid reporting functions. These functions improve auditability for information and make actionable decisions within the company.

PROS

One thing I love is that I can automate complex calculations, as well as past, present and future tax changes, which helps me to reduce the risk of compliance issues.

CONS

So far I could get a handicap or negative aspect of Synchr that is meaningful, however I could say that is not aimed at small businesses and maybe that detracts functionality.

Ananay

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great Service but.....

We are using the Time Clock System as well a complete Payroll Services.

PROS

User Friendliness and Helpful Customer Service Team.

CONS

I wish an email or reminder would be sent when there's system update.

Reasons for switching to PrimePay

Because I wanted the same type of program for the Time Clock. I didn't want to have 2 separate bills every month. It is very user friendly and easy to manage employees since we have 2 office locations.

Hi Ananay, thanks so much for the nice review! We appreciate your business and hope to have many more years with you.

Replied December 2019

Tony

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Worst Payroll Service Out There

Super frustrating. Way too many mistakes. I'd spend time every week going over payroll journals to make sure they didn't screw them up.

PROS

Years ago, PrimePay was great. You could actually call and talk to someone.

CONS

As their prices skyrocketed, the service diminished. Way too many mistakes. They could not even keep our accruals in order. I'd have to check them weekly. Many day to return a call or email is unacceptable. Moved over to PayChex. So much better. Now PrimePay says I'm on a subsciption bases and want to charge me for the next 6 months. I asked for proof of this with no response.

Catherine

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2019

SyncHR from a Users Perspective with some insight into the Admin Side

Overall it has been nice and simple to use. Nice UI for the most part and it allows company wide announcements for updates and so forth. It's a nice place to house tax documents and benefit information.

PROS

It is pretty straight forward in terms of where you need to go to look for certain things. Sign in and you have a menu of the different things you have access to depending on what your HR wants you to see. We can access our tax info and see our personal info. It's really easy to make changes to your information if needed. Clocking in and clocking out is straight forward and if any change requests are needed that is easily doable as well. Requesting time off is very simple and to the point which is always helpful, your balances are readily available.

CONS

From time to time it glitches and I can't even log in or if I log in I can't access any other pages except the one that you land on once you log in. At times clocking in lags and it looks like it freezes but then when you refresh or clock in again it logs both clock in/out times. From the admin perspective approving changes at times gets missed or the changes don't get saved properly. It would be nice if for example adding time or making changes, the time will calculate for you, say adding 4.37 hours to 12:17pm to complete an 8 hour shift.

Thomas

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

PrimePay Review

The team we work with at PrimePay are amazing and very helpful when we have compliance questions or issues in general.

PROS

We use PrimePay for all services they offer but majority of our business is with COBRA administration. They make the COBRA event process seamless and handle all communications between the employee/insurance carrier/employer, which means our job is pretty much done once we enter the employee in PrimePays portal

CONS

The lag time between an employee electing COBRA coverage with Primepay and Primepay enrolling the employee in COBRA continuation coverage.

Thank you so much for your kind review,Thomas. We're so glad to hear that you've enjoyed working with our team. We look forward to continued success together!

Replied September 2019

Steve

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Swipeclock software

The software is allowing us to meet DOL requirements for exempt and non-exempt workers.

PROS

It is nice that our employees can login and out remotely. Also, the ability to edit "punches" allows for flexibility in workdays to record compensable time.

CONS

PTO approval process after the fact (ie. someone is ill so doesn't request time off in advance because they don't know they will be ill) is clunky.

Reason for choosing PrimePay

We have payroll services with Primepay so the potential integration of the timekeeping system made sense.

Thank you for your review, Steve! We are so happy to see that you like the capabilities of Swipclock. We will be sure to share your sentiments with our team! Have a great day. - Team PrimePay

Replied August 2019

Tanya

Farming, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Very disappointed in new direction

Prime pay used to be great. Customers had an individual assigned to them for personal care-would have rated them 5 star. Recently changed their business model to generic national customer service team that no longer meets deadlines, difficult to reach by phone, slow to provide requested individual employee reports and a complete lack of follow through when an issue arises. They seem to lack sufficient personnel to handle the customer base they currently have—strongly DO NOT recommend them.

PROS

Database of employees and payroll history

CONS

The loss of individual care in their new approach to payroll. Unable to process payroll timely and unapologetic for service failures

Reason for choosing PrimePay

Pricing was a factor back then. We have been with prime pay for over 15 years.

Denise

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2018

Pretty Good & Effecient

My reports are efficient and properly calculated !!

PROS

Easy to navigate, and very easy to see all that is needed to be seen easy to go back and forth, also I love the elephant who is calculating the payroll process. The reports are easy to read with great detail of everything that has been entered . and Now I love that you need a verification code to even open up the payroll process. all I am very happy with prime pays customer support and the payroll process. One hundred words are pretty hard to come by when you like everything about the program and you have NO Complaints. Not sure what else you could do to make it better, except when an employee is over the allowed time off, I'm not sure what they are asking me to do. but other wise all is well. Good Job !!

CONS

Sometimes I'm not sure if I have completed everything, It will say, pick a report on one part of the screen but then on another it will say, smile your payroll is being submitted ??

Adeli

Reviewed April 2018

Easy to use, good turnaround on responses to issues.

PROS

Easy to use, and great report structures. Love that HR3 has carrier feeds. The new timeclock is great!

CONS

My biggest frustration is that there are too many links and no integration between software. You have to get a link to all different services (HR3, PayStubs, FSA, Timeclock) all have different links which frustrate users. Also, as the administrator, you are stuck with having to reach to so many departments because you no longer have a dedicated service manager.

Rosalie

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

retrieve tax information

call in payroll is excellent...representative very helpful...your website leaves something to be desired.

PROS

good in most areas but TERRIBLE in trying to access up to date information on quarters completed on 940 and 941

CONS

terrible in access up to date quarters completed for 940 and 941 or other tax reported

Reason for choosing PrimePay

difficult website to navigate...primepay seemed easier but now having problem accessing up to date quarterly reports.

Hi Rosalie! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for the experience you've had with accessing Form 940 and 941 data, and we will be sure to use your feedback to improve our efforts moving forward. We will be escalating your feedback to the appropriate party to ensure your issues are addressed. -Team PrimePay

Replied August 2021

Kenneth

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Useless to the end user.

One word. Shit. I have not been able to access anything I require through your software.

PROS

There is nothing I like about this software and unfortunately the company I work for uses this software. Maybe it works well for them, but from an employee perspective, stone and chisel would be more effective. We I called your helpdesk I was told "we know it's an issue". The is useless. When I asked about accessing MY financial statements the PrimePay help desk tole me they could not help. I have worked for a number of companies that use a verity HR software. Even if other product's UI/UX was terrible, I could still eventually get what I needed. PrimePay's UI/UX is terrible and I CANNOT get the information I need. So for me there are NO pros to the software.

CONS

The frustration and complete lack of support the help desk provided. Their answer was "We know there's an issue. We cannot help but your employer should have the information." I then asked about my 401K and the desk was even more useless saying "I think you need to contact your employer". This is unacceptable and, I, the person requesting their own information, should have access to MY personal salary benefits. Is it even legal for your company to withhold them from me?

Hi Kenneth! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Although we regret to hear that your experience did not meet expectations, we appreciate you sharing with us so we can improve moving forward. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to resolve this issue. We will escalate your specific situation to the appropriate party for this to be addressed. -Team PrimePay

Replied June 2021

Kristin

Construction, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Lacking services & proper communication

I solved my payroll problems by switching from PrimePay to Paycom. I've done 3 pay cycles with Paycom now and I'm very satisfied with the technology, customer service, and cost.

PROS

If you have no technological skills then you can handwrite your payroll, fax it over and hope that it gets entered correctly. Due to other issues I did not request to switch to online payroll which might have helped.

CONS

Reports were not organized well, invoices spontaneously started going to a different email address, we got double-billed twice and over a month later I'm still trying to get that resolved, and I could never reach my CSR.

Reason for choosing PrimePay

My predecessor initially setup the company's payroll with PrimePay then briefly tried Paychex and BB&T payroll services and ended up switching back to PrimePay. When I took over her role I did some research and ultimately changed us to Paycom. Having worked with Kronos and Paycor at previous organizations I was hesitant to go back to those but I am very happy with Paycom thus far.

Hi Kristin! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Although we regret to hear that your experience did not meet expectations, we appreciate you sharing with us so we can improve moving forward. -Team PrimePay

Replied April 2021

SUSAN

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2021

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - we have billing issues that never get resolved, we have employees who were issued erroneous W-2s in 2018 which have not been resolved. This has also resulted in an IRS lien for taxes we do not owe. Customer service does not respond to most calls and/or email. When they do, it's after multiple attempts but never a resolution even when they say they will take care of it. It was never great - even before covid but has gotten worse. You've had almost a year to figure this out.

PROS

It is a good basic program but missing reports/ fields and capability offered by other providers

CONS

Lack of certain reports and capabilities and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE (see below).

Reason for choosing PrimePay

This was here when I arrived during 2017. With the poor customer service will be looking to switch for 2022. Have a number of options in mind.

Hi Susan! Thank you so much for your thorough review. We apologize for the experience you've had with customer service, and will be sure to use your feedback to improve our efforts moving forward. We'd like the opportunity to learn more about your specific situation to make things right. We will be sure to escalate your feedback to the appropriate party to ensure a better experience for you.

Replied February 2021

Gina

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Has a Long Way To Go!

SyncHR was sold to us with the promise of lots of bells and whistles. What we received was a system without any basic features that are necessary for an HR department to function. Simple things such as adjusted service date, historical benefits data, getting basic reports are simply missing or do not function well. As a result, we need to keep a back-up spreadsheet (luckily we are small enough) to make sure SyncHR doesn't delete vital information. They nickel and dime you for reports, updates, changes, etc. I do not recommend this system.

PROS

The employee access and user interface works well and employees like it.

CONS

Reports are inaccurate or unusable, basis features are missing, deletes important historical information when updating to a new year, EDI feeds often don't work. Lots of time spent troubleshooting with their customer service. And often they charge for that!

Sherri

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Payroll Services

The benefits I see from using Prime Pay are that I do not have to take much time to get my payroll logged and receive the proper pays for each employee. In the past I would have to spell out every deduction to my payroll service and then it would still come in incorrectly.

PROS

I have been using Prime Pay for my business payroll for quite some time. I really appreciate the customer service I receive. Although my company is small we have many different categories and I have never had a problem getting all of the my employees paid correctly.

CONS

I do not have much need to use the software because once my payroll is complete, I do not need to look at it again until the following week.

Thank you for your review, Sherri. One of our main goals is to give business owners time back in their day so they can focus on what matters most. We're glad to see that we're able to achieve that for you and your company. - Team PrimePay

Replied December 2018

Gary

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Prime Pay is Easy

The best customer service, longtime employees, you are not getting someone differnt everytime you contact them That means a lot in the world of business.

PROS

PrimePay and Prime tax make it easy to do our payrolll, and to get any information whenever we need it thru the web portal. We can get pay history, vacation history, tracking of sick days, quickly & easily. If we DO have a question or concern the friendly staff handles it quickly & efficiently. We would never use a different payroll service.

CONS

I have nothing that I dislike, I am pleased with it to no end

Reasons for switching to PrimePay

Paychex made too many mistakes and was difficult to use

Thank you for your review, Gary! We are so happy to see that you like our online portal. We will be sure to share your sentiments with our team! Have a great day. - Team PrimePay

Replied August 2019

Walter

Plastics, 51-200 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Links don't work, can't even reset password. Tech support was no help.

Well it was a good way to get my blood pressure up. Other than that the website is a total fail. I wouldn't have a job if my product sucked this bad.

PROS

Not one thing, the links they e-mailed don't work, can't even reset password. Tech support was no help they told me I needed to talk to my company administrator didn't even ask if I had an account set up already.

CONS

You could make it so people could reset there passwords, your links work that get e-mailed they take you back to the login page. Which is no help the if you don't recall your password. Tech support tells you have to get with your employer. He told me before I logged in that it probably wouldn't work... Shouldn't have wasted my time.

Hi Walter! We greatly appreciate you writing a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience didn't match your expectations, and we regret that we missed the mark. We value your feedback and will use it to enhance the user experience moving forward to ensure this doesn't happen again. -Team PrimePay

Replied June 2021