PrimePay

PrimePay Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I like the way it enabled me to view my records at all of the locations in the archdiocese where I worked. Very convenient -- when the program used to let me in."
  • icon"The price was fair for what you receive. There are some good reports that are useful for monthly payrolls, and year end reporting."
  • icon"The customer service and responsiveness is quite good for a payroll company. PrimePay manages to deliver high quality features like a large company, but more high touch service like a smaller company."
  • icon"I worked with primepay for two payroll runs and I truly don't believe I could have possibly received a more unprofessional experience."
  • icon"I will tell my accounting firm to look for another company. We pay you for service and this service stinks."
  • icon"No lotion or PW, so I know where the pay stub is just cannot login to see."

Have you used PrimePay and would like to share your experience with others?

All PrimePay Reviews

Gary

I have been a PrimePay client for over 10 years. We love their customer service.

Pros

I use PrimePays services to run my payroll, to pay my payroll taxes and to keep track of employee benefits such as sick hours, vacation and medical and supplemental insurance premiums, They make it easy to look up records and download information 24/7/365. Also in 10+ years with Primepay I have only had TWO different representatives handling my account. I love having someopne who knows and cares about me when I call for help!

Good product and service

PrimePay helped me when my account was hacked. They noticed that there was an unusual payroll run, and contacted me, which allowed me to stop payment on a fake payroll for over $60,000. They also assisted me when my former payroll company neglected to process my quarterly reports for the State properly and then refused to do anything about it. The Prime Pay rep helped me force the former company to own up to their mistake and pay the fines.

Pros

The PrimePay software is easy to use for the most part.

Cons

I wish you had an option for companies like mine that only run occasional payrolls.

Response from PrimePay

Thank you for your honest review. We are so sorry to hear about your prior experience with your previous vendor, but are very glad to see that we were able to resolve your issues. If there is ever anything else that you need from us, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We are always just a phone call away. - Team PrimePay

Replied December 2018

Richard

customer support desk

payroll and tlm program are solid, and the gh onboarding platform integration is great. The response time from the email customer support team is non-existent and infuriating.

Pros

We continue to receive no response on our open tickets. It's been a couple of weeks and no courtesy update has been provided to our questions. Since inception, the timeliness of responses (if any are received) continues to degrade. Is there any hope on the horizon for adding resources to the email [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] team?

Cons

customer support takes weeks to respond, if they respond at all.

Response from PrimePay

Hi Richard! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for the experience you've had with not receiving a response, and we will be sure to use your feedback to improve our efforts moving forward. We'd like the opportunity to learn more about your specific situation to make things right. We have escalated your feedback to the appropriate party to ensure your issues and concerns are addressed. -Team PrimePay

Replied April 2021

Jonathan

Great Service and Support

PrimePay is managing our semi-monthly payroll processing needs and tax remittance requirements. The staff are responsive, knowledgeable, and do a great job!

Pros

Service and support are great. Responsive staff and easy tools to support payroll processing.

Cons

I don't have any issues. with the software and have been happy.

Response from PrimePay

Thank you for your review, Jonathan. We take great pride in the service we provide for our clients and are happy to hear that we are meeting your expectations. - Team PrimePay

Replied December 2018

Tim

Professional, easy to work with.

Ease of mind that payroll is done right!

Pros

Reliable, professional, easy to use, excellent customer service. It is good to know that PrimePay is on my team.

Cons

Can't think of any. I honestly cannot think of a time when I have has an issue. So much better than the competition.

SUSAN

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - we have billing issues that never get resolved, we have employees who were issued erroneous W-2s in 2018 which have not been resolved. This has also resulted in an IRS lien for taxes we do not owe. Customer service does not respond to most calls and/or email. When they do, it's after multiple attempts but never a resolution even when they say they will take care of it. It was never great - even before covid but has gotten worse. You've had almost a year to figure this out.

Pros

It is a good basic program but missing reports/ fields and capability offered by other providers

Cons

Lack of certain reports and capabilities and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE (see below).

Reasons for choosing PrimePay

This was here when I arrived during 2017. With the poor customer service will be looking to switch for 2022. Have a number of options in mind.

Response from PrimePay

Hi Susan! Thank you so much for your thorough review. We apologize for the experience you've had with customer service, and will be sure to use your feedback to improve our efforts moving forward. We'd like the opportunity to learn more about your specific situation to make things right. We will be sure to escalate your feedback to the appropriate party to ensure a better experience for you.

Replied February 2021

Ali

customer service

software blocks too much access for a user to do what needs to be done and if you have a big problem expect it to take a long period of time and your employees not to get paid before they fix it even if it was due to there lack of communication.

Pros

at first it was user friendly with great customer service. now its all automated and there online reps are rude and act as if there above the customers concerns and do not try to help with there problems.

Cons

the software access for a user is very limited customer service is impossible to help with problems, reps do not want to listen to your concerns and when you ask for a superviser they put you on hold for extended time and argue rather then hear your problems to fix it.

Response from PrimePay

We are so sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience. We'd like to do our best to resolve this for you. Please email socialmedia@primepay.com with your full name and business name and we will have someone from our leadership team reach out to you.

Replied January 2020

Kristin

Lacking services & proper communication

I solved my payroll problems by switching from PrimePay to Paycom. I've done 3 pay cycles with Paycom now and I'm very satisfied with the technology, customer service, and cost.

Pros

If you have no technological skills then you can handwrite your payroll, fax it over and hope that it gets entered correctly. Due to other issues I did not request to switch to online payroll which might have helped.

Cons

Reports were not organized well, invoices spontaneously started going to a different email address, we got double-billed twice and over a month later I'm still trying to get that resolved, and I could never reach my CSR.

Reasons for choosing PrimePay

My predecessor initially setup the company's payroll with PrimePay then briefly tried Paychex and BB&T payroll services and ended up switching back to PrimePay. When I took over her role I did some research and ultimately changed us to Paycom. Having worked with Kronos and Paycor at previous organizations I was hesitant to go back to those but I am very happy with Paycom thus far.

Response from PrimePay

Hi Kristin! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Although we regret to hear that your experience did not meet expectations, we appreciate you sharing with us so we can improve moving forward. -Team PrimePay

Replied April 2021

Not able to log in to the account after they did system/program upgrades and changes

Easy Cobra administration

Pros

I manage my clients Cobra administration and it was a fairly easy system to use when I was able to access it.

Cons

I can no longer log into the site. After multiples calls for assistance, they are still unable to resolve the problems. I cannot talk directly with the IT department. Luckily, they have a team I can email the work to and they have to input it for me. I've not been happy with them and will be changing to another program.

Response from PrimePay

We're so sorry to hear you've having an issue with our system! We'd love to help resolve it the best we can. Please send an email to socialmedia@primepay.com with your contact information and company name and we'll get to work on it. Thank you!

Replied March 2018

LouAnne

Industry: Individual & Family Services

I added a calendar and time clock system to my payroll recently. It will save me time and money.

Ease of tracking and verifying employee hours, ease of giving employees information about their schedule, and especially ease at completing the payroll.

Pros

I like how it is all interconnected and the support was wonderful. There was live training which was captured on video to replay, written supports, phone supports, and very quick email supports.

Cons

It was a little confusing to know how to access all three parts of the system at first. It requires different passwords and different IDs for each of the three parts. Connecting everything did not go smoothly, but the support team's quick help made that alright.

Manuel

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Payroll Processing, for Businesses that have "More Important" things to do!

Takes all of the Payroll, Taxes, Deductions/Withholdings, etc., fears away! As a user, I have true confidence that all of my payroll actions are correct, and reporting /recording is accurate. The ready-accessible reports features are excellent. All supported by an expert staff, (should you ever need help) who is one phone call away.

Pros

User Experience (UX) design makes it so intuitive, easy and fast. once initial set-up, is complete. I can complete all of payroll processing in less than 30 minutes, on payroll day, and have accessible updated reporting, very just after. Every Team Member is knowledgeable, skilled and a pleasure to work with, (if, and when you need them!) But as the platform is well thought out, with "steps & prompts" to guide, it's very hard to mess up payroll processing!

Cons

The Prime-Pay Payroll Elephant...but I have grown to value and respect his important task!

Response from PrimePay

Thank you very much for your thorough review, Manuel! We're so happy to hear that you're having a positive experience with us. Our goal is to give you time back in your day so you can focus on what matters most; your business. Thanks for being a part of the PrimePay family!

Replied October 2018

Denise

Pretty Good & Effecient

My reports are efficient and properly calculated !!

Pros

Easy to navigate, and very easy to see all that is needed to be seen easy to go back and forth, also I love the elephant who is calculating the payroll process. The reports are easy to read with great detail of everything that has been entered . and Now I love that you need a verification code to even open up the payroll process. all I am very happy with prime pays customer support and the payroll process. One hundred words are pretty hard to come by when you like everything about the program and you have NO Complaints. Not sure what else you could do to make it better, except when an employee is over the allowed time off, I'm not sure what they are asking me to do. but other wise all is well. Good Job !!

Cons

Sometimes I'm not sure if I have completed everything, It will say, pick a report on one part of the screen but then on another it will say, smile your payroll is being submitted ??

Jodi

Industry: Music

Awesome

Knowing that our employees information is secure and accurate for income and taxes.

Pros

the fact that it is develope with the user in mind as to navigating and the layout of functions. Everything to do with payroll and ACA reporting is made for those that work with it daily.

Cons

There is probably only one thing I would change and that is employer section that allows you to change or update bulk information for employees.

Rosalie

Industry: Information Services

retrieve tax information

call in payroll is excellent...representative very helpful...your website leaves something to be desired.

Pros

good in most areas but TERRIBLE in trying to access up to date information on quarters completed on 940 and 941

Cons

terrible in access up to date quarters completed for 940 and 941 or other tax reported

Reasons for choosing PrimePay

difficult website to navigate...primepay seemed easier but now having problem accessing up to date quarterly reports.

Response from PrimePay

Hi Rosalie! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for the experience you've had with accessing Form 940 and 941 data, and we will be sure to use your feedback to improve our efforts moving forward. We will be escalating your feedback to the appropriate party to ensure your issues are addressed. -Team PrimePay

Replied August 2021

Dawn

Love Prime Pay

Overall experience is cool. The best payroll company I have personally worked with thus far.

Pros

The software is easy to maneuver around in and super easy and quick inputting the information in the system. I also love the fact that I do not have to input any information if I do not want to. They have a representative call me weekly and I give her the payroll totals and she inputs the information for me. I then can go in ant any time to review information when needed. They also give out time clocks and can generate the totals from the machine. We will be getting them soon and I cannot wait to try it.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about this software.

Response from PrimePay

Thank you for your review, Dawn! We are so happy to see that you are having a positive experience with us. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do for you and your company. - Team PrimePay

Replied April 2019