• Pros

• "One important think to us is the UI, and Qualtrics has a great ease of use for all of the users. We enjoy it."

• "The depth and breadth of the assessment design and reporting tools is absolutely unrivaled, and we really appreciate the clean user interface."

• "easy question routing, lots of answer-type options, good analytics."

• Cons

• "sometimes fiddly UI - eg the survey list unfilters itself after each search, and moving questions around can be laborious."

• "I wish the dashboard functionality was available for every survey type. We love the dashboards - prefer them over reports - and would love to have unlimited ability to create and share them."

• "It can be challenging to format the reports to show the precise group-level information you want. That said, the outstanding customer support helps a lot with this."

Browse Qualtrics EmployeeXM Reviews

Amy from University of Wisconsin-Madison

The only survey builder I will use-- easy and trustworthy

Overall, I highly recommend Qualtrics to people who do not consider themselves to be "tech-savvy," but yet need to create and distribute surveys/ questionnaires for research and service purposes. I find other software designs lack the ease of use, but also lacks the simple yet professional design that Qualtric provides. Users are more likely to feel comfortable inputting information if the website looks professional.

Pros

Qualtrics is extremely simple to use for people of various levels of digital literacy. I have never been given a reason to doubt that a survey will work properly and efficiently. My favorite part of Qualtrics is the privacy it offers to users and survey creators. For research purposes, it can be extremely probleatic to know the personal identity of a survey taker. Additionally, when entering sensitive information, users need to trust the software they are using. The privacy and security measures taken by Qualtircs are of uptmost importance to me.

Cons

I have had trouble contacting customer service in the past. I contacted customer service with a question about using the software, not a complaint or problem. I contacted them via email and waited over two weeks for a reply. For a software company, I expected them to be more efficient with replying to customer questions.

Chloe from University of Miami

Amazing! Like Google forms, but a million times better

This will make your business look so much more professional using qualtrics over other survey sites. You can also break down how you see the results after in pictures or exporting it as an excel chart to further analzye.

Pros

My university uses this software for all surveys it sends out. It is so convenient and easy to use but is also customized to my University so every survey sent out from it looks very official.

Cons

I have none! It is a great way to send out surveys.

Great for large company employee feedback

Not for a smaller org but great option for large scale employee feedback collection.

Pros

Great for large scale employee feedback but overkill for smaller orgs.

Cons

Customer support is lacking and can be complicated to set up the logic for the surveys.

Jessica from CargoBarn

Fantastic survey software that can do almost anything but is a little too complicated at times

Expensive, can do anything analytic-wise but a little complicated to use.

Pros

Fantastic software that lets you do almost anything when it comes to surveys and analyzing survey results. We used the employee engagement features and they worked terrific, were anonymous and got us the analyzed results we were looking for. I appreciated the details you can upload to describe the office and department and location for employees - this made it great to view results according to different categories.

Cons

Onboarding set up was a little too lengthy. Customer service was horrible -- not the people on the other line but the wait times - sometimes up to 2 hours being on hold and then not getting a call back or email response. The survey software can do everything -- but it's not the most user friendly. The format is a little complicated at times and for someone with no analytics background, it was difficult to determine what each button meant and how to access certain features or view my results a certain way. This lead to me calling customer support numerous times for help.

Melvyn from Genworth

My experience was excellent

our users love it also

Pros

Cons

The one thing I like least is there are so many options sometimes I miss out on great features and functions.

Jason from Utah Valley University

Qualtrics 360 Empowers Employers to Effectuate Improved Morale Among Employees

Qualtrics 360 can be used by HR, of course; however, it as tons of utility in MBA cohorts and other programs where group work is crucial to the learning experience. When individuals attain feedback from their peers with whom they closely work, they can each make positive change for the betterment of the entire group.

Pros

Qualtrics 360 is an extra layer to an already fantastic product (Research Core by Qualtrics). Qualtrics 360 enables a company to quickly take the pulse of their workforce. Employees can assess their own skills and then receive feedback from their immediate team or others in their company with whom they frequently interact.

Cons

I think the hardest part about using this product is managing the relationships between all the respondents. It seems like it should be straight forward to determine who would manage who or who can see what reports, but I found I had to think about it backwards a little bit to get it right. Perhaps it's how the terminology used, or how they word it.

Flor from Ambria College of Nursing

Qualtrics An Effective Survey Tool

Qualtrics is a good tool overall! I will still keep using as it helps me in my reports and summaries.

Pros

I like this because at work I am in charge of reporting the survey results and reports for the school.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard for me to recap the summary and when I copy and recreate a survey form, I find it hard to copy and edit.

Emily from Asurint

Always Helpful Customer Service Calls

Easy data collection, lots of survey questionnaire functionality

Pros

Whenever I call customer service, I get a knowledgeable rep *quickly* on the phone who solves my issues. They are all very well-trained and well-versed in the platform.

Cons

I wish it was a tad more user friendly, and the reporting out of it is not sufficient for my organizations needs, so we end up exporting the data, running our own crosstabs and filters, and creating out own graphs for reports.

Jonathon from Salivan Landscape Ltd.

Easy to use employee satisfaction survey software

Pros

Easy to personalize survey software to help gauge employee satisfaction, resulting in an easy to read graph showing the strengths and weakness of the business

Cons

Takes some time to set up the questions and the way in which the results will show afterward, however it is well worth the time spent.

Clayton from AirPR

Turn employees into ambassadors

Pros

As a startup, it's important that the people who work at your company are also gung-ho about the product and company. This platform helps us to understand our employee behavior, how they like our product, and also their experience in the company.

Cons

Again, similar to a lot of Qualtrics products, if you're not data-minded, it can be daunting to look at a ton of numbers and graphs. Once you get past that, you'll find the insights amazing.

We <3 Qualtrics!

Pros

Qualtrics makes me feel POWERFUL and IN CONTROL. It lets me translate a mess of numbers into meaningful, actionable information that my company can really use. With Qualtrics, I can see opportunities that I was blind to before. The tool is extremely user-friendly, so I spend minimal time learning how to use the tool and can dedicate most of my time to solving problems using the data Qualtrics lets me gather and analyze. But, when I do need a little extra help, the Qualtrics support team is always there for me. I can, of course, search for information online. But I prefer to call the support team. Their reps all have the heart of a teacher. They take the time to teach me how to navigate my way through the challenges I face when designing complex surveys or learning a new element of the tool. Their support team - more than anything - makes me absolutely LOVE Qualtrics. That support team makes this tool worth every penny....and then some.

August 2016

Cynthia from University of Maryland

August 2016

Robert H. Smith School of Business experience with Qualtrics 360

We have been using Qualtrics 360 for teaching leadership development and team skills to undergraduate, MBA and EMBA students for approximately 5 years. We've developed our own 360 tool for use with students as well as a number of team feedback applications. Some faculty are also using it for research purposes; it does a great job of collecting social network information.

Pros

Once the survey and report format are set up, it's extremely easy to administer even to large groups. The customer support is outstanding; it's rare that I have a question or concern and don't hear back within a couple of hours--often with accompanying video showing how to fix whatever the issue is. The surveys follow Qualtrics format, which makes them easy to set up and administer. It's easy to get information quickly about response rates and to program in reminders.

Hasin from The New School

The Best Survey Design Software!

Qualtrics is by far the best survey design software out there, especially for advanced users that possess knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS. Highly recommended and the uses cases are limitless.

Pros

It's simplicity!

Cons

The menu groupings are not always clear.

Can't Beat Qualtrics

We use Qualtrics both internally in our office (about 50 people) and when polling the broader organization of 10,000+. It's fantastic for both purposes, and the reporting functions allow us to drill deeply into the data for multiple purposes. The anonymity function is really impactful, too, as it gives our staff more freedom to communicate openly on sensitive topics, so our surveys aren't filled with the usual pro-company babble we got on other platforms. We need accurate, honest information in our field, and Qualtrics helps us get that in spades.

Pros

Cons

This is one of the select few software packages with which we have yet to find a fault worth mentioning.

James from UEA

The complete package!

it's our standard survey tool, and does everything we need it to (and more!)

Pros

easy question routing, lots of answer-type options, good analytics.

Noah from Isaac & Oxley Center for Business Leadership - Miami University

Excellent, mostly because of customer service

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use. I do like the variety of different formats for displaying data- however, it would be really great if you could add a fully customizable table option. Sometimes I want to display data in a certain way but there is not a preset table that will allow me to do so.

Cons

My one really big gripe is that it is really tough to format reports- I would recommend adding guidelines so text boxes and shapes can snap to a grid and everything will be easier to align. Similar to adobe illustrator. I have to manually go through the report and adjust each object and eyeball to see whether or not everything is properly aligned- it's a real pain. I would think adding guidelines in the report section would be relatively easy from a programming standpoint as well. Also, not sure whether or not this is really your fault, but we have been having a lot of issues with evaluators receiving the automated messages that get sent to them. They might just be getting sent to the spam folder in their email, not sure how this would necessarily be fixable in the future.

Graham from University of Massachusetts

support person really helped me solve the problem

have been able to collect data for survey research

Pros

once the survey is created the data collection works well. In most cases I have been able to create questions in a form that works for data collection

Cons

I would like more ability to randomize selections. I wanted to do a double randomization. Pick a random number of choices from five different groups. I had to do this manually rather than have the software do it

Lora from University of Evansville

Industry: Research

Rapid response, friendly staff, alert to follow up.

I always get a quick reply to questions whether they be simple, complex or related to services offered in addition to the survey software. Friendly staff engages in polite conversation after the service issue is solved. I like being able to get to know the staff on a personal level. It helps me to trust that I can call them whenever the need arises. Staff always makes a follow-up the date for all information I need to send them. This helps keep me on task and shows their concern for my projects.

Pros

ease of use, multiple functions

Cons

um...can't think of one thing!

Jennifer from UC davis

I work in research and Qualtrics has been a phenomenal help and asset. It's fairly easy to use too.

Easy survey design and costumer service

Pros

The customer service is by far the best I've seen. I like that I can call the customer service reps on the weekend.

Cons

It's on the expensive side, therefore nonprofits may use its competitors (like surveymonkey) because of price. There should be ways to make it more affordable.

Don from Western Carolina University Graduate School

Western Carolina University Graduate School

I have learned how to use the tags to do confirmation emails for anonymous surveys if they give me their email address if asked. This is great for forms and not surveys. Chat support is awesome.

Pros

The ability to use it for many different purposes.

Cons

Slower not it is running within the WCU Single Sign on platform.

Qualtrics Surveys

If you are looking for a fairly simple system to capture information from a group of constituents, this is a great system to use. There are many different reports that can show information from and surveys and it is very easy to edit and reuse surveys.

Pros

I really like that once I have built and saved a survey that I can copy it to use for a different one. This makes things go a lot faster for me at work. I also really like the fact that when you preview your survey it shows you how the survey will look on a mobile phone. This is a very cool feature!

Cons

When I first started using the product I felt that it was difficult to navigate. But I have been using the product for over a year now and feel like I know where the features are now that I use.

Traci from Jackson State University

Qualtrics was great for my project.

I used qualtrics to send request to complete survey to more than 5,000 members of a listserv. I received enough completed responses to reach my sample requirements. The survey was easy to construct using Qualtrics. I appreciate the options for creating various types of questions.

Pros

the functionality and diversity of questions

Cons

need to be familiar with featues to get exactly what you want. Some practice with the syste is required.

Very Happy with this Platform!!

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, reporting. I deal a lot with employees that don't use technology resources as they work in heavy equipment operation and construction. The ease of use for those that aren't quite up to speed technologically was probably most impressive outside of the actual reporting. Great bang for the buck. The applicability of the 360 experience to our environment has been unmatched.

Cons

Probably the of the biggest issue is the cost but I will say that the benefits outweigh this.

Easy to Create surveys and run reports

Pros

Advanced survey logic for creating complex, branched surveys. Available in multiple languages.

Cons

It's a simple software to create reports, and it does that without issues.

Amanda from Actuant

Industry: Industrial Automation

Effective

Pros

Easy options to build employee engagement and other internal pulse surveys. Employee metadata is easily mass uploaded and they walk you through step by step with an engineer.

Cons

Some customizations require some direction - not always intuitive.

An easy, smart survey software!

Pros

While I don't work as a researcher, I have used many different survey softwares throughout my career and what I love about Qualtrics is that it's smarter than the rest while still easy to use. It has advanced options to allow me to craft my survey-user's experience by including or excluding questions based on their other options, can build simple and sophisticated questions, and it gives me suggestions on how to make my survey better--both for me and for my participants. It is truly an excellent overall service.

Cons

I do wish that the analysis was a little easier to wade through on the back-end. While my research is mostly qualitative, I do wish it was a bit easier to wade through the data online without needing to export.

Mark from Dassault Systemes Germany

Qualtrics is easy to learn and easy to use while offering many sophisticated possibilities.

A dynamic, mobile friendly, questionnaire design, allowing to add deep-dive questions when necessary, and allowing to minimize survey-duration and complexity for participants where possible. This helps to increase response rates.

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to design and modify, even with complex questionnaires. I like best the dynamic design that adapt to participants answers. E.g.g the piping (or routing) of participants selections to follow-up questions, etc.

Jeanne from Advocate Healthcare

Always a pleasure to work with the Qualtrics team

The main benefit is the ease of use and great support staff available at a click of the mouse or a quick phone call.

Pros

Ease of use, the program is very user friendly and if you do run into an issue help is just a click away with very knowledgeable and friendly people to work with.

Easiest assessment software for applying

Pros

It asks relevant questions and doesn't glitch.

Cons

It's very thorough so it's time consuming.

Natalie from Brigham Young University - Idaho

Easy to use. Easy to get results.

The survey was very easy to put together, very easy to post on social media as well as E-mail and the results were easy to read and download.

Pros

The best part about Qualtrics are the built in graphs in the reports section.

Cons

I ran a survey with 7 different multiple choice entries. I used the automatic choices, but it was difficult to find what I wanted because they were not alpha order.

Patrick from University of California, Riverside

Easy to get feedback

Overall, it is great as mentioned in the pros.

Pros

I like that there is a lot of traffic on the website so people will take the survey. You can get very good data and feedback. It creates charts for you so I just love it.

Cons

I did not see any cons, I just wish multiple people can run one survey.

suneetha from Fidelity Investments

Its a very nice experience

Rolling out survey and integrating the results with salesforce

Pros

good support. We get good support and support team is extremely knowledgeable and very helpful and friendly.

Cons

good support but it can be extended to India as well. Currently we have to wait for long time to get the issue addressed

Courtney from CSU

Powerful Surveying Tool

Pros

Qualtrics is a powerful, helpful, and intuitive surveying tool.

Cons

The interface takes some fiddling with before you can use it comfortably.

Deepak from University Of Arkansas Little Rock

Qualtrics 360 an easy to use tool

I was totally unaware of Qualtrics at the begining but the videos posted on website and the customer support helped me getting engaged with Qualtrics and I was able to learn to use this platform in a week. Thanks for the support the support team is great and they never get troubled sometimes I used to call for some silly doubts but the team helped me learning and understanding the tool at an ease. Qualtrics 360 has some very cool features of building your own reports and has made my work very easy. I would like to conclude saying "Every firm institute should use Qualtrics for their data analysis".

Qualtrics

Pros

It is easy to use for the purposes of internal employee satisfaction. Simple surveys can be set up easily with little experience.

Cons

The simpler the design logic the better. More complicated survey design logic can cause unintended consequences.

Jacqui from ASHP

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great tool for sending surveys. Easy to use and navigate.

An easy way to compile survey results.

Pros

Surveys I send need to be compiled with certain pieces of data. The tool option is great and very easy to change the look of reports.

Cons

It can be glitchy at times and find that I need to refresh the account. Closing surveys manually can say pending for a long period of time.

Maclean (Mac) from Smart Electric Power Alliance

Quick and Easy Support

Using Qualtrics has been great. The software for the most part is all very intuitive and for any questions that I might have, support is quick to help out.

Pros

Qualtrics support were quick and helpful in responding to my problems. i

Cons

Found myself bouncing between support contacts

Lexi from Millersville University

I had some of the vocab, but not all--tech person understood me nonetheless.

I create surveys and forms using it.

Pros

I was Qualtrics Administrator at my last school; so excited to have it finally come to my new school.

Cons

Sometimes it can be complicated to use due to all the functionality, but if one is persistent, he or she can design a survey as desired.

Abhinav from Trident Limited

Qualtrics : Great on the posters, needs more detailing

We are gaining validation of our business decisions (HR decisions) by gauging the pulse of the workforce. This is has direct monetary implications (details cannot be shared on an open forum though)

Pros

The presentation. The impact and the clout it has a pioneer in experience management sells and has the capability to influence decisions at senior leadership level. The representation is in itself an experience managed solution (exactly what qualtrics stands for) that provides insights for action.

Cons

The depth of data. The insights are useful and the vastness of data is also great. However, the statistical depth needs more working on. This might be project based but more research on the depth to which questions poke the survey audience for information has to add another layer. This should be done while keeping the survey feel and experience as good as it is now. Its challenging, but that's what your expect from a top quadrant service provider.

anne from cuna mutual group

Good feedback tool to use

Pros

Good capture of how we want to gather information from internal and external customers for how we are doing.

Cons

I use it more for viewing and searching. The output doesn't always make sense to me. It could be that I don't know how to use it as well. Easy enough to intuitively to get around. I marked 3 for some b/c I don't know the cost and have not had to contact for customer support.

Melissa from University of Washington

Love it!

Pros

Extremely user-friendly. I would go as far to call it the gold-standard in survey software.

Cons

Honestly I cannot think of a con to this software.

Indepth Analytics Tool

Pros

It offers analytics on a very complex level. Great for HR and marketing executives. Great customer service team to help with questions.

Cons

Because it can be so complex, it's not very easy to use and you can easily get overwhelmed. Also the product is very pricey.

Michelle from Comfort cleaning and care/Hospitality

Great way to hear from employees

Pros

Ease of use, easy to set up and administer employee satisfaction surveys, simple design allows beginners to use as well

Cons

It was pricey to buy for what I wanted, not widely available to purchase, very specific use would like it to be more diversified in survey making

Melinda from Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW)

Great survey tool

Qualtrics makes it easy to create, distribute, and analyze surveys. The new reporting features and charts are an added benefit.

Simple and Functional

Qualtrics has an awesome product. The presets look good, and the ability to customize is great

Pros

Qualtrics has awesome survey software. It was easy to learn, and effective to implement. There is so much you can do with it, but it doesn't sacrifice the user experience

Cons

Qualtrics has SO MUCH to offer and I feel like I Just don't understand it all. Qualtrics has great resources, but I would like if those resources were more available within the tool.

Martín from Yale University

Good software for employee experience

Pros

The thing I liked most about this software was that it was easy to use.

Cons

The thing I liked the least about this software was its overall design.

Stanley from Tufts Health Plan

Pros

I love the ease of use, I was able to create my 1st survey within minutes of logging in the 1st time without training and only the aid of a video from youtube.

Cons

The skip logic feature could be a bit more advance. and also the ability for users to work on more than one 1 survey at a time.

Syrine from UTHealth

Up and coming need for all businesses

Pros

This software is the up and coming need for all businesses. It simplifies the process of helping leaders understand employee engagement as it evolves. As employers seek to understand what makes employees stay and leave a company, this tool will certainly benefit them.

Cons

I don't have any cons about this software.

Tony from Insidesales.com

Easy to use for some

As an end user who distributes the surveys, its very easy. When I'm managing the surveys its hard to see the end reports, the UI isn't as clean as it could be.

Tony from Insidesales.com

Inexpensive and efficient

Great product for getting information. I'd like to be able to do more with the software, its relatively simple. but the cost represents that