Rise

Rise Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Great value for the services provided and live chat support is convenient. I do recommend this software to minimize the complexity of payroll functions for small businesses."
  • icon"So easy to create custom programs for our varying needs also it always looks great no hot mess express here."
  • icon"The customer service and assistance with setting up employees was amazing. The price is beyond fair and I was so appreciative that I didn't have to figure out all the CRA steps on my own."
  • icon"The web interface is clunky, slow, and difficult to work with. The same things have been broken for years, so for some functionality you need to contact support, which takes ages."
  • icon"The company focus switched entirely, several times and no new features or modules have been rolled out in two long years (no Performance, no ATS, no employee Onboarding, no Pulse Surveys)."
  • icon"Period of time (less frequent now) where the platform constantly ran error messages that prevented some team members from logging in and being able to use the platform."

Have you used Rise and would like to share your experience with others?

All Rise Reviews

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

May 2022

Launchpad for something else

Kelly

The product and service are top notch. An integral tool in my cloud-based bookkeeping business

Pros

The service - immediate, responsive and very helpful Set up options - I had help moving my initial clients from other software programs and Rise made the process really easy The day to day usefulness - I find Rise so much simpler to use than any other cloud-based options I have tried. If I need to make changes, I feel confident knowing I can do most of them myself and if not the support will be there for me Big Win - Rise is located on the West Coast which gives me and my clients with weekend cutoffs almost another whole day to get our info entered into the system

Cons

The only con I can think of is that there is no direct syncing to my Xero accounting software. I am hoping this is coming soon though!

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, Kelly! We are glad to hear that you have had a great experience with Rise. We are currently working on an integration with Xero accounting software and hope to release it this summer. Stay tuned for more updates! All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Quite a disappointment

Pros

It is a Canadian company. It served the general purpose of payroll for our start-up. It had some great merits but in the latest update, the positives were really taken away.

Cons

2 months ago, I signed up for their Rise Lite platform which was promised to be free for life up until 20 employees. Since then, I've signed an agreement that clearly says it is free for life. Last month I received a newsletter from them informing me that they are no longer offering free for life and that I will need to pay $30/mo + $6/mo/employee. It really felt like deceptive sales tactics to acquire users, get them to invest time and energy into learning how to use their product and flip the switch and make them pay. Furthermore, their website's pricing page has absolutely no mention about a base $30/mo. Their cheapest plan is listed at $6/mo/employee (no disclaimer, no information about $30). I'm not sure if this $30 is exclusive to previous customers or to new customers as well. I sent them an email but they are currently dodging the question. Everything feels so shady here. Other than the above, their product has quite a few bugs. It is not intuitive to use and you constantly need to reach out to their support or read their support page to figure out how to use their platform.

Response from Rise

I'm sorry that this change has been frustrating for you. While we thrived to offer Rise Lite free payroll for the past three 3 years for thousands of businesses, the amount of R&D and support required is no longer sustainable. As Rise evolved into an all-in-one platform that seamlessly integrates payroll, HR, performance, time tracking, benefits and more, we wanted to further our commitment to a single people-centric platform rather than standalone products such as Rise Lite. We hope that our clients who enjoyed Rise Lite in the past can justify the small fee for the value being offered with Rise Start, which includes not just payroll but essential HR features that help foster engagement and retention while cutting down on admin work. The monthly base charge applies to clients with under 20 employees and covers fixed activities like T4s, ROEs, government remittances, reporting and live support. I hope this helps clarify the reasons behind the decision.

Replied September 2021

Michelle

Industry: Oil & Energy

I would describe RISE an and "okay" payroll system. It is good for companies with simple payroll

Pros

user friendly, simple and intuitive to learn. flexibility of the JR report. I like the payroll input sheet and that it and all reports can be exported. running payroll is fairly simple.

Cons

doesn't have some feature we need for more complicated payroll. Customer service has been BAD. Customer service and software issues especially on the GL coding side. The customer service reps don't seem to have much knowledge of payroll or accounting standards and practices. often find things are set up incorrectly or they are not able to provide much assistance.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, Michelle. It is great to hear that our software is user friendly, intuitive, and easy to learn. If you have suggestions on features for more complicated payroll, we would love to hear from you. We also take your comments on our client service seriously and would welcome any further feedback you may wish to share. Please feel free to get in touch with us using the contact details below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Replied April 2018

We've been using Rise for payroll and absolutely love it

Pros

As our company has grown Rise has always been able to accommodate anything we need. I also cant say enough good things about their customer support; from their support onboarding to quickly answering any questions that come up from payroll to payroll I have always been so impressed.

Cons

Once a payroll has been submitted there is no way to reopen it, make changes, and resubmit. i do wish I had this ability but any time we've made a mistake or needed to make a change they have always worked with us to find a solution.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback. We are really pleased to hear that you have had a great experience with Rise! Just so you know, once you submit a payroll, you can then edit it and resubmit over and over. However, once you do the final approval, the payroll is complete. Having said that, we are always happy to help to find a solution if and when you need us. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Replied April 2018

My first 2 years were good with Rise but 2017 was a disaster.

Online payroll versus previous provider

Pros

The software itself is pretty good. A bit weird process but once you get used to it it does the job. I switched from ADP Telepay which was really bad as my changes were often not actioned.

Cons

Customer support team is horrible: they take too long to correct mistakes. Calculated CPP and EI incorrectly in 2017. In December 2017 the paystubs were wrong for YTD salary which took them too long to correct.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you've had a good experience with our software and we are sorry about the difficulties you faced in 2017. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime using the contact information provided below if we can assist you with anything. We take this kind of feedback seriously as it is valuable in helping us improve our service. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Replied April 2018

Love this software, it's very user friendly, saved my lots time with the whole payroll process

Time saving and efficiencies when procession the payroll

Pros

User friendly - the custom reports saved me lots time while reconcile payroll on a monthly and yearly basis. Customer service - Whenever I need help, the support team is always there !

Cons

We did experienced few discrepancies while we transfer YTD into the system. Thus, at year end, we had some issues with CPP and EI YTD total. Also, for employee benefit , there were few errors in the input sheet. Rise can improve the accuracy in terms of manual adjustment

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to hear that you find our software user friendly and that the custom reports save you a lot of time. We are also pleased to know that our customer service has been helpful. If there is anything we can assist you with in terms of discrepancies, input sheets, or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us using the contact details below and we would be happy to help. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Jonathon

Rise (formerly Paysavvy) has great customer support and is easy to use.

Ease of use, accessibility, and mind knowing that it's reliable and performs its task.

Pros

The software web-interface is very user-friendly, easily customizable for meeting our firm needs. I like how easily accessible it is for making adjustments and the different reports available for review.

Cons

There are some redundancies such as the year-end function and pier review. This was confusing at times when rolling into the new year.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Jonathon. We're happy to hear you've found our software to be accessible and user friendly for your needs. Should you wish to connect with our team regarding any questions or issues about year-end and pier reviews, we would be very pleased to help and would also appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to get in touch with us through the contact information provided below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Claudia

Overall pretty easy to use.

Pros

What I like most about this software, it makes doing payroll easier. It takes care of all your payroll deductions and T4 information at the end of the year.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the strange, unexplainable glitches. Also some of the reporting is hard to find or doesn't give you all the info you are looking for.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Claudia. We're glad to hear that our software has made payroll processing an easier task for you. We appreciate your feedback on our software and on our reporting features. Our team would love to hear about your experience and your suggestions for improvement. Please feel free to reach out to us using the contact information below and we would be happy to help you. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Shelley

Industry: Defense & Space

Very intuitive software

Save time and money!

Pros

I find it very easy to use and the customer support - specifically live chat - makes it even easier if I get stumped

Cons

Only real issue is how long it takes the pages to refresh after you input, modify payroll. Also, report downloads take longer than I would like but I simply run it in the background until it is done :-)

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Shelley. We're happy to hear that our services have helped you in maximizing your resources and that our customer support experience has been positive. We appreciate your feedback on the speed of our software and will definitely take this into consideration as we continue to improve upon our product. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Melanie

For the most part it is easy to use. However, there was quite a learning for me to get there.

Pros

How quickly I can process my payroll. I can get the whole thing done in less than 15 mins. I also don't they offer very patient and clear customer service.

Cons

I would like a heads up when I need to submit an early payroll (eg Christmas) I got a notice my payroll was about to be late(causing me to panic) but no notice I needed to submit early.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, Melanie. We're happy to hear that our services have helped you to increase the ease and efficiency of your payroll processes. We apologize for the confusion you previously encountered with our early payroll notification. Our team is committed to ensuring our customers are provided with full support in their payroll processing, which includes ensuring that we continue to provide proper notifications in advance. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Nick

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

June 2022

Best Customer Support I've Encountered

Payroll management is a breeze. We're just starting to use their recruiting and onboarding system and it's fantastic. If you hate doing things manually, Rise's platform will be your new best friend.

Pros

In the event that I've had an issue, Rise's customer support has responded to and solved the issue within a day or two at most.

Cons

Mobile functionality needs some love. It's almost completely unusable from my phone.

Response from Rise

Hi Nick, thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I've passed along your feedback to the product team as we want you to love our mobile app as well <3.

Replied June 2022

Jenny

easy to use

Reports are good, multi companies with one log in

Pros

multi companies using one log in. Does email paystub directly to payees that are password protected. No need to set up user access for employees to view their pay stub. Very much like the chat support they have online

Cons

The wording on their software, not use to "submit" on the payroll input section. This usually means submitting the payroll, but in their software, it means save or proceed to the next step before submitting.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review and for your kind words for our support team, Jenny. We are happy to hear that you have been finding our payroll features to be useful to your employees. We also appreciate your feedback on the `submit¿ function and will consider your suggestion in future product updates and releases. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Pam

We've been using Rise for two years now. Overall the software is user friendly and easy to use.

I just answered this question in the survey!

Pros

The adhoc payroll process is a breeze, and very user friendly. ROE's are very quick, we've had a few issues with the addresses that were populated into the ROE's, so check closely before finalizing them. Chat feature is wonderful, and the support staff behind the scenes are always willing to help with issues. Being able to resolve an issue via a chat is wonderful. The chat hours being extended beyond 8 - 5 would be great. Quite often payroll works after hours (especially on Friday), so running into a problem after hours does cause issues. I recently had a situation where I called and got the answering service, and was told I had to call back on Monday. The answering service did pass my message to someone, and I did in the end get a call. It would have been better if the answering service had told me that they would pass my message on to someone, with the hopes that they'd return my call before Monday.

Cons

We've made several recommendations to Rise regarding things that could make the system a bit more user friendly. The response we've received is that any change would effect every client. Most of the changes we've suggested would probably be 'pain points' for any client using the system. This was a bit disappointing, as GroupHEALTH is a very client focused business, and I felt that Rise was as well. We do anything we can to have a better client experience.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, Pam! It's great to hear that the adhoc payroll process is a breeze, ROEs very quick, and the support staff and chat service are helpful. As a result of your feedback, we've made some changes to our support process: if you receive our answering service after hours, they will inform you that they will pass your message on to us immediately if it is an urgent matter and we will address your concern outside of business hours. We also appreciate your feedback on how to make Rise more user friendly. We take all product feedback from customers into consideration and include it when prioritizing new development and features, with our most commonly requested enhancements taking first priority. We look forward to continue working with you - thanks again for this feedback! All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Jesse

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Overall great, sometimes customer support is delayed.

Efficiency.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use, very clean and simple, takes 1/10th of the time to process payroll compared to ADP.

Cons

Customer service can be slow and it can be challenging to address unusual/non-conforming payroll issues.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Jesse. We are happy to hear that you have found our solution to be easy to use and time-saving for your company. Our support team is committed to making continual improvements to the customer service experience and is more than open to hearing your suggestions on how we can improve. Please feel free to get in touch with any further feedback or comments you may have. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Kelsey