• Pros

• "The product is value for money. Less paper work. The software is easy to access from anywhere. Very simple to use. Love the ease of understanding the reports. "

• "The software is easy to use, and quick to process. Interface is clean and attractive. Chat box is always available"

• "very handy and useful. It has most of the features I need to adequately control payroll and get things done. "

• Cons

• "When I need their support to change my PR configurations or have some questions, they are very helpful most of times but sometimes totally not helpful. Depends on to whom you speak..."

• "The customer service could be better. Speed of reply or resolving issues could be faster. Could offer additional training to maximize usage."

• "Aesthetically very utilitarian. Even then, some functions are not clear. You are not given notice that an ROE you created has been rejected. "

Browse Rise Reviews

Grace from Rangle.io

Ease to use it and it is all I need

It is easy to process the payroll. Time saver.

Pros

Export input to excel sheet. Import excel to the system. I can generate reports for all departments. The customize functions is very powerful.

Cons

Sometime the system is too slow. Especially on the rush hours, it is take time to go for next step. on the input sheet for search people, I would prefer more functions to search, for example, employee ID.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Grace. We are glad to hear that you have been having a good experience with report generation and payroll processing. Thank you for your suggestions on improving our search functionality. Your comments have been forwarded to our product team for consideration. If you have any more feedback that you would like to share, please do not hesitate to get in touch using the contact details below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Everything needed for payroll, stellar customer support

Pros

Customer support is far and away the best part of this software. If anything goes wrong they will fix it.

Cons

The main interface hasn't changed a lot since Paysavvy and is showing its age. When I sign in, automatically create the next payroll if it's due soon, rather than making me click "Create Next Payroll". When I add a new rule or click Save, don't force a refresh of the whole page, but persist as is. When I click Submit, skip the need to "View Results" and go straight to a summary report that has all of the information broken out. I always need the invoice data. Detecting statistical exceptions would be great. For example, I once accidentally entered all of employee's time for a pay period as both regular time and overtime. It would be nice for Rise to point out when an employee's hours are significantly different from their median. Web Service API access to the invoice data in particular is something I've wanted for a while. I have a script that scrapes this data and inserts into my accounting system, because it takes a long time to do by hand.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback - these are great suggestions. Your feedback is being reviewed by our product team for consideration. If you would like information about our API or would like to discuss access to data, please feel free to reach out to us using the contact details below anytime and we would be happy to help. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Pam from GroupHEALTH/DMI/GroupSource/ GroupStrenth & Grandview Advisory Group

We've been using Rise for two years now. Overall the software is user friendly and easy to use.

I just answered this question in the survey!

Pros

The adhoc payroll process is a breeze, and very user friendly. ROE's are very quick, we've had a few issues with the addresses that were populated into the ROE's, so check closely before finalizing them. Chat feature is wonderful, and the support staff behind the scenes are always willing to help with issues. Being able to resolve an issue via a chat is wonderful. The chat hours being extended beyond 8 - 5 would be great. Quite often payroll works after hours (especially on Friday), so running into a problem after hours does cause issues. I recently had a situation where I called and got the answering service, and was told I had to call back on Monday. The answering service did pass my message to someone, and I did in the end get a call. It would have been better if the answering service had told me that they would pass my message on to someone, with the hopes that they'd return my call before Monday.

Cons

We've made several recommendations to Rise regarding things that could make the system a bit more user friendly. The response we've received is that any change would effect every client. Most of the changes we've suggested would probably be 'pain points' for any client using the system. This was a bit disappointing, as GroupHEALTH is a very client focused business, and I felt that Rise was as well. We do anything we can to have a better client experience.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Pam! It's great to hear that the adhoc payroll process is a breeze, ROEs very quick, and the support staff and chat service are helpful. As a result of your feedback, we've made some changes to our support process: if you receive our answering service after hours, they will inform you that they will pass your message on to us immediately if it is an urgent matter and we will address your concern outside of business hours. We also appreciate your feedback on how to make Rise more user friendly. We take all product feedback from customers into consideration and include it when prioritizing new development and features, with our most commonly requested enhancements taking first priority. We look forward to continue working with you - thanks again for this feedback! All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Scott from CMHA for the Kootenays

Review Of Rise Software

Pros

The process for biweekly payroll, T4s and ROEs are very easy to use. T4 reconciliations have always been a breeze and on the spot. The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com and their toll free 1-888-393-3483 & chat box are convenient avenues to get help.

Cons

Our accounting software is Adagio, which is rather obscure, but predominant in the Non-Profit world. There is no integration to import payroll data directly in Adagio.

Response from Rise

Replied May 2020

We're glad to hear that the process for biweekly payroll, T4s and ROEs is easy to use. We have a journal entry utility that maps journal entry codes to payroll codes and creates an import file that you can import directly into your accounting software. Please contact us at support@risepeople.com or 1-888-393-3483 and we will be pleased to help you. Thanks!

Catherine from David Suzuki Foundation

RISE are incredibly customer focused. They spent a lot of time getting to know us and our needs.

It moved our manual processes to automated for absence tracking, employee file management and access which made we could focus internally on more strategic objectives and allowed us to provide improved customer service to our staff.

Pros

Ease of interface for employees including employee photos. Ability to track all types of absence. Able to upload employee documents to their employee file which they can access online 24/7 access.

Cons

Some initial issues with Quebec set up in relation to payroll and benefits which involved our finance staff having to do a lot of work manually which was not anticipated. This has now been resolved.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Catherine. We're so pleased to hear that Rise helped improve customer service to your staff and free up more of your time so you could focus more on strategic objectives. We also want to apologize for any issues related to the Quebec set up that may have caused you more manual work. We would very much appreciate any more feedback or comments you may have in future. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime using the contact details below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Michelle from Skystone International LP

Industry: Oil & Energy

I would describe RISE an and "okay" payroll system. It is good for companies with simple payroll

Pros

user friendly, simple and intuitive to learn. flexibility of the JR report. I like the payroll input sheet and that it and all reports can be exported. running payroll is fairly simple.

Cons

doesn't have some feature we need for more complicated payroll. Customer service has been BAD. Customer service and software issues especially on the GL coding side. The customer service reps don't seem to have much knowledge of payroll or accounting standards and practices. often find things are set up incorrectly or they are not able to provide much assistance.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Michelle. It is great to hear that our software is user friendly, intuitive, and easy to learn. If you have suggestions on features for more complicated payroll, we would love to hear from you. We also take your comments on our client service seriously and would welcome any further feedback you may wish to share. Please feel free to get in touch with us using the contact details below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Jenny from Fint.Cloud

Excellent value, great responsive support with live chat, terrible interface

Simplicity for small Canadian businesses running payroll.

Pros

The pricing of this product is great, they were offering free payroll for organizations with less than 10 employees at one point, but now it's something that has to be requested. Great value for the services provided and live chat support is convenient. I do recommend this software to minimize the complexity of payroll functions for small businesses.

Cons

It is not intuitive to use. Setup is very manual, requiring the user to download pdfs, sign them and re-upload. It's not very friendly towards accountants as the client has to create their own account. Creating a payroll run requires multiple steps, and T4 submission is not automatic. One selling feature of this product was that it integrates with QuickBooks or Xero. There is no integration. There is one guy that can create an Excel macro who requires the exact details of your accounting system setup.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Hi Jenny, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We're glad that you feel you are getting good value for the services provided and that you would recommend us to other small businesses. Your feedback on the product is valuable and helps us better understand your needs. We are reviewing our payroll software to help streamline the pay run process in future releases and we are also currently building integrations with Quickbooks and Xero. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime if you have more specific comments or suggestions. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Enrico from Jamdeo Canada

System is easy to use but there is a lot of manual inputting.

Pros

Using Rises software for smaller business is very cost effective. Once the system is set up properly it is very easy to use and have reports made. As long as you are accurate the automated system completes everything you need.

Cons

If things aren't set up properly it is a pain to work with. There a few times where you cannot access the system but after an hour, the system is back. If you have a larger company it isn't time effective to use as there are many inputs that you must do manually.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Enrico. We appreciate hearing your thoughts and are glad that you are now finding the system easy to use. Rise provides the ability to import inputs, outline formulas to help calculate outputs, and enter default values per employee, department, or company. Our client service team would love to help you automate this, so please feel free to get in touch using the contact details below. Also, please let us know if you ever experience downtime so we can investigate immediately. Thanks! All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Kelly from Kelly Christian and Company

The product and service are top notch. An integral tool in my cloud-based bookkeeping business

Pros

The service - immediate, responsive and very helpful Set up options - I had help moving my initial clients from other software programs and Rise made the process really easy The day to day usefulness - I find Rise so much simpler to use than any other cloud-based options I have tried. If I need to make changes, I feel confident knowing I can do most of them myself and if not the support will be there for me Big Win - Rise is located on the West Coast which gives me and my clients with weekend cutoffs almost another whole day to get our info entered into the system

Cons

The only con I can think of is that there is no direct syncing to my Xero accounting software. I am hoping this is coming soon though!

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Kelly! We are glad to hear that you have had a great experience with Rise. We are currently working on an integration with Xero accounting software and hope to release it this summer. Stay tuned for more updates! All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Helen from The Vancouver Club

So glad we moved to Rise from ADP

Pros

Ease of use. When I get questions from staff, I can find the answers quickly. Great to see prior year reports all at my fingertips.

Cons

Doesn't connect well with Apple systems. So Rise staff need to prepare our journal entries for us. Also doesn't talk to Humanity and when choosing these 2 systems we were told that was something that would be happening.

Gabriel from Ecuhome Corporation

Really easy to use payroll system with extremely flexible reporting

Reports that work for our workflows and needs. Time for payroll, cost and ease of use has been substantially reduced.

Pros

The user interface is really easy to read and interact with. The ability to create custom fields and create extremely customized reports that can easily be exported to excel is any accountant's dream. Customer service is good, with a chat feature on any page. Relatively affordable

Cons

Reporting engine is a little slow with slow load times. They are working on a direct integration with NetSuite for years now, still waiting for this feature.

Response from Rise

Replied October 2017

Hi Gabriel, Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you love Rise and that you find it easy to use. It's great to hear your feedback about NetSuite and the reporting engine's load time. We will be sure to raise your concerns with our development team. The fact that you said, "The ability to create custom fields and create extremely customized reports that can easily be exported to excel is any accountant's dream" is our dream come true, so thanks so much for that! We can't wait to continue rolling out new and improved features for you and our other clients. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to get in touch with our Client Services Team at support@risepeople.com. All the very best, The Rise People Team

Sue from Pan Pacific Holdings Ltd.

product has improved over the last year or so. Good custom reporting options.

Pros

like the access to the data so we can run our own customized reports Remittances and T4 all taken care of Better now than in the past. At the beginning it felt like we were beta testing. Customer support staff seem more knowledgeable now Good follow through when we do have a problem or question

Cons

unexplainable glitches (ie accrued vacation pay missing for some employees on one run) Some Rise standard reports don't seem to include info needed to match the report name Lose the titles when scrolling down a page of employees. If there was a way to "freeze panes" it would be very helpful.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you Sue, we really appreciate your feedback! It's great that you like the full access to your data so you can run customized reports and that you feel Rise's software and support have been improving. Your feedback on the product is very helpful to us. We review all of our customers' feedback regularly and prioritize development based on commonly requested enhancements. Thank you again for your insight and we look forward to continuing to work with you. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Elena from SPECS Limited

Rise is dependable, user friendly and very effective for our business.

Pros

The features are user friendly and adaptable to our business. The customer service is also impeccable, any question or issue we may encounter is addressed immediately and an effective solution is found.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind about what we like the least, so far since we implemented the software it has exceeded expectations.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you, Elena! We are so glad that you found Rise to be user friendly and dependable for your business. It's great to hear that our customer service is impeccable. We hope that we can continue to provide great service to you in future. Thanks again! All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Rise has solved the problem we set out to solve, with good support and a few rough edges

Rise allowed us to formalize and simplify our payroll system, which has been extremely valuable. Having gone to the trouble of getting set up on Rise, the ongoing work to keep our payroll system running is now quite minimal, which means payroll gets done, taxes get remitted, and we can get back to work quickly.

Pros

- Rise has spent a lot of time on onboarding and support, and their support has also typically been quite responsive. - While Rise is a fairly complex system, once we got up to speed, our payroll workflow every month is pretty quick and painless. (I would expect this is the case for most users who have extremely simple payroll requirements) - Rise is free for smaller companies, which is a price that you really can't beat.

Cons

- From time to time it's felt like we were interacting with someone who didn't have a great handle on the nuances of what we were trying to accomplish (particularly when we had questions at tax time), which has resulted in some hiccups around our payroll tax filing. Our support experience has often been quite good, but it's been uneven, depending on who we ended up talking to.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you've been having a great experience with Rise after going through our onboarding process and working together with our support team, and that our services have helped to formalize and simplify your payroll system. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with our customer service team. Rise's support representatives have been enrolled in ongoing training courses to act upon our commitment to improvement, learning, and providing the best support for our clients that's possible. Thank you again for this feedback and we look forward to continuing to work with you. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Yuzo from Lasso Data Systems

Great Onboarding, Great Customer Service. Great Products

The biggest benefit is the time savings in comparison to when we used ADP and spreadsheets

Pros

Rise's payroll system is super easy to use, reports are provided within seconds of processing, and the customer support for payroll is excellent. In terms of it's Hub/Time Off system, it has been great. No more spreadsheets tracking time off or vacation days!

Cons

Tracking vacation days actually used in Time Off reporting can be a bit tricky when employees request, get approved, but then cancel that request.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Yuzo. We are so glad to hear that our system is easy to use and that our customer support has been helpful. We have noted your comments on tracking vacation days actually used in Time Off and have shared your feedback with our product team for review. If you have any additional comments or feedback, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch with us anytime using the contact details below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Pauline from Seventy Five Lube Services Inc.

I love the emailing of pay statements and T Slips!

Easy of use, can be done anywhere and the email of the pay statements. The payroll is great for any size company, big or small.

Pros

The software is accessible from any device you use, it's easy to use and I love the emailing of pay statements and t slips. I also like the ease of the payroll input screen, adding or changing employees, etc.

Cons

I don't really have any cons other than the reports as they can be difficult to create. I also find it frustrating at times if Rise does not communicate software changes that affect the user but that isn't often.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Pauline. We're delighted to hear that you've found our software to be easy and accessible to use. We appreciate your feedback on how we can improve with our reporting feature and with our communication of software updates. Should you have other recommendations for us, please feel free to connect with our client service team through the contact information provided below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Elizabeth from Historica Canada

Rise is an effective payroll software. I love the ease of being able to work on it from anywhere.

Cons

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Elizabeth. It is great to hear your thoughts on our product and service! We are currently answering all customer enquiries within 48 hours and all client service representatives are enrolled in ongoing training to help us continually improve our services. Please let us know if we are not getting back to you within this time frame and if you have any other additional comments or feedback that could help us improve. Also, Rise offers complementary training for our clients and we would be happy to book additional training for you anytime to help maximize usage. Feel free to get in touch anytime - thanks! All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

We've been using Rise for payroll and absolutely love it

Pros

As our company has grown Rise has always been able to accommodate anything we need. I also cant say enough good things about their customer support; from their support onboarding to quickly answering any questions that come up from payroll to payroll I have always been so impressed.

Cons

Once a payroll has been submitted there is no way to reopen it, make changes, and resubmit. i do wish I had this ability but any time we've made a mistake or needed to make a change they have always worked with us to find a solution.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are really pleased to hear that you have had a great experience with Rise! Just so you know, once you submit a payroll, you can then edit it and resubmit over and over. However, once you do the final approval, the payroll is complete. Having said that, we are always happy to help to find a solution if and when you need us. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Darya from Zulu Alpha Kilo

Payroll solution is good. HRIS is not.

It is clear that the company is not focusing on customer feedback in any capacity. I have escalated our very long list of concerns after 2 years and many of them seem to be complete news to development leadership. I really really wanted this to work out, and I think the company is trying, but I am not sure there is light at the end of this tunnel. There are better solutions out there for comparable cost - don't waste your time with Rise if you are looking for an HRIS. I would only recommend the payroll product.

Pros

Payroll solution works well (intermittent EHT remittance issues aside). For an Ontario-based company with under 200 salaried employees, RiseHR payroll solution does the job well. Time Off user interface and employee end-user experience has been positive - employees like the tool and find it user-friendly.

Cons

We did not end up with a solution that was sold to us 2 years ago. The company focus switched entirely, several times and no new features or modules have been rolled out in two long years (no Performance, no ATS, no employee Onboarding, no Pulse Surveys). Not one piece of feedback has been incorporated, some very small, obvious and painful (like being able to report time off balances for current employees only or at least have a column of status by which to sort). Their website is still advertising benefits integration and pulse surveys, none of which are actually active modules currently available. The entire HRIS right now consists of Time Off and Employee directory (not even employee self-service right now). This is blatant misrepresentation.

Cyrus from Pharmasave group

Much easier to use after initial set up and first year. Easier than Ceridian or ADP

Save time

Pros

Convenient to have all records for multiple companies using one login. Tons of options in payroll instructions.

Cons

Mass changes to benefits/benefit deductions (done annually) can be a bit cumbersome when you need to change multiple items for a large number of staff. Further automate stat pay calculation!!!

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Cyrus. We are glad to hear that our software is convenient and provides a lot of options for payroll instructions. Our client service team would be pleased to show you how you can import mass changes to benefits and deductions to help save you time. Also, the system includes functionality that automatically calculates the stat pay amount for which each employee would be eligible. Can you help us understand how we can further improve or automate this? We welcome any feedback or suggestions you may have....please get in touch with us using the contact details below anytime. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Karin from Checkfront Inc.

A solid product but the database has many limitations

Pros

Customer support/service! Submitting payroll is easy. I love how you can download a CSV and upload it again to each payrun.

Cons

The YTD totals don't get rolled over at the calendar year so we've been caught a couple times with maximums (such as garnishment) that don't finish b/c the system hasn't taken into account deductions from the previous year...yikes! Also, the system doesn't automatically update vacation accrual to 6% after an employee's 3 year anniversary.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Karin. We are happy to hear that you¿ve had a good experience with our customer support team. The maximums that you have noted can be set to roll over or zero out at the end of the year. We¿d like to help resolve this issue for you. Could you please contact our client service team so we can investigate and change the setting? Thank you for bringing this to our attention. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

My first 2 years were good with Rise but 2017 was a disaster.

Online payroll versus previous provider

Pros

The software itself is pretty good. A bit weird process but once you get used to it it does the job. I switched from ADP Telepay which was really bad as my changes were often not actioned.

Cons

Customer support team is horrible: they take too long to correct mistakes. Calculated CPP and EI incorrectly in 2017. In December 2017 the paystubs were wrong for YTD salary which took them too long to correct.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you've had a good experience with our software and we are sorry about the difficulties you faced in 2017. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime using the contact information provided below if we can assist you with anything. We take this kind of feedback seriously as it is valuable in helping us improve our service. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Jonathon from Hartshorne & Mehl

Rise (formerly Paysavvy) has great customer support and is easy to use.

Ease of use, accessibility, and mind knowing that it's reliable and performs its task.

Pros

The software web-interface is very user-friendly, easily customizable for meeting our firm needs. I like how easily accessible it is for making adjustments and the different reports available for review.

Cons

There are some redundancies such as the year-end function and pier review. This was confusing at times when rolling into the new year.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Jonathon. We're happy to hear you've found our software to be accessible and user friendly for your needs. Should you wish to connect with our team regarding any questions or issues about year-end and pier reviews, we would be very pleased to help and would also appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to get in touch with us through the contact information provided below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Ado from Infinite Interface Education dba Nanaimo Kumon Centre

Just simple, no complications at all

Pros

Their PR system is simple and user friendly. It saves a lot of my time when I finalize my employees' payrolls and year-end for their T4s.

Cons

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Ado. We're glad to hear that you've found our software to be simple, user friendly, and time saving when it comes to your payroll processes. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with our client services team. Rise's support representatives have been enrolled in ongoing training courses to act upon our commitment to improvement and providing the best support for our clients possible. We value your feedback and look forward to continuing our support for you in future. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Mike from Covenant

Industry: Investment Management

They had potential, but proved to be very poor at what they claim to be great at

I didn't, I only received more costs.

Pros

I like the platform, it was easy to use and very convenient from anywhere I happened to be. Making changes to payroll on the fly was fairly easy and having support there gave the appearance of having a professional helping along the way.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have with Rise is that the software itself worked great, but the team behind the software is unfortunately incompetent. There are plenty of staff available to help, but none have the correct training or experience to actually help employers make decisions. On top of that when a mistake is made on their end they do not take ownership of it because "a company this size is unable to absorb a loss like that" is what I was told by the CEO. The blunders made by Rise ended up costing my company a five figure fine with CRA because they were not able to follow properly sent instructions on their intake forms. I have no problems with a smaller company needing to make mistakes in order to learn, but unless you're willing to own those mistakes, learn from them and then improve your systems you will never be sure you do not fall into those same mistakes again. Ultimately we left Rise as staying with a company that treats their clients poorly does not make sense. The costs may be higher with other larger companies, but I can assure you it is money well spent, avoid Rise at all costs.

Response from Rise

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your candor in your review of Rise. We're glad that you liked the platform and found it very convenient to use. To clarify, we've ensured that our client service team is PCP certified in order to provide the best possible payroll support to our clients. Unfortunately the review below is not an accurate reflection of the situation. The mistake was not made on our end and we made every effort to ensure that we provided the best support possible throughout this process. We value you as a client and would have very much liked the opportunity to continue our service for you.

Tina from Spring Activator Inc.

Easy to use, great customer service.

Pros

The processes for monthly payroll, year-end reconciliation, T4s, ROE, etc. are easy to execute. Any time I need to call for assistance, I've always been able to speak to someone immediately and resolve the issue on the spot.

Cons

Some reports features can be improved, so is the interface for certain sections, can be more user-friendly & intuitive than current format.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Tina. It's great to hear that you find Rise easy to use and that you are getting the support you need immediately when you call for assistance. We also appreciate your comments on the reports and user interface. If you would like to provide any specific comments on how we can improve, we'd love to hear from you at the contact details below. Thanks again! All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Cecilia from Historica Canada

The software is very user friendly. Customer service is friendly. Value for the money. Recommended

Pros

The product is user friendly. Their is a chat line so you can solve problems quickly. Most of all, it is value for the money and you don't have to go into the office to access this. You can use this from any location.

Cons

Minimal training was provided. Added features should be considered and cost could be bundled. The software is not at 100%. Few tweaks to fix problems are needed.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Cecilia. We're pleased to hear that you've had a great experience with our client service team. We'd love to hear more about your feedback and your suggestions for improvements to our software. Please feel free to reach out to us through the contact information provided below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Claudia from The Black BearPub

Overall pretty easy to use.

Pros

What I like most about this software, it makes doing payroll easier. It takes care of all your payroll deductions and T4 information at the end of the year.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the strange, unexplainable glitches. Also some of the reporting is hard to find or doesn't give you all the info you are looking for.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Claudia. We're glad to hear that our software has made payroll processing an easier task for you. We appreciate your feedback on our software and on our reporting features. Our team would love to hear about your experience and your suggestions for improvement. Please feel free to reach out to us using the contact information below and we would be happy to help you. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

carla from Tiny Capital

In the past I had a direct contact for customer support which was excellent! Disappointed in change

Pros

Software is easy to use, and accessible as long as there is an internet connection. Shows multiple companies on the same profile, which makes it easy to approve for multiple companies

Cons

The process is very manual for T4s, would be great to have this as a more automated process. I really liked having a point of contact who handled a lot of the issues I had in the past. Not having a direct line has resulted in inconsistent responses and delayed response times. Considering the price per employee I would expect more service.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Carla. We are happy to hear that you¿ve found our software to be easy and accessible to use. Our team is working on continual improvements to automating our processes. We would be more than happy to work directly with you on addressing any questions or issues you have. Please feel free to get in touch with our client service team using the contact information provided below - we are committed to providing you with the personalized and dedicated service you need. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Shelley from Allen Vanguard

Industry: Defense & Space

Very intuitive software

Save time and money!

Pros

I find it very easy to use and the customer support - specifically live chat - makes it even easier if I get stumped

Cons

Only real issue is how long it takes the pages to refresh after you input, modify payroll. Also, report downloads take longer than I would like but I simply run it in the background until it is done :-)

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Shelley. We're happy to hear that our services have helped you in maximizing your resources and that our customer support experience has been positive. We appreciate your feedback on the speed of our software and will definitely take this into consideration as we continue to improve upon our product. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Dena from Power-West Industries

Industry: Machinery

Easy enough to use; reporting is not intuitive; it is difficult to see the back end of things

Pros

Cons

Reporting is clunky and could be made easier with better help menu. Back end reporting (ie which fields report to which box on T4, which fields are taxable EI, CPP, etc.,) is not great

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Dena. We are glad that you find the software easy to use and that you are able to reach us by chat whenever you need help. We are continually working on improving our software and value your comments on reporting features. If you would like to provide further feedback, please feel free to get in touch with us using the contact details below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Steve from Lomak Bulk Carriers Corp.

Have used Rise since it came to us. Some good things and Some not so good things

Pros

Keeps track of most things for the people that work Monday to Friday. Able to write notes as to why that person had days off.

Cons

I run a shop that works 24/7. Rise does not keep track of people working on Saturdays and Sundays. Hard to keep track of holidays and missed days.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Steve. We're happy to hear our time-tracking functionalities have proven to be beneficial to managing your workforce. In regards to your feedback, our time off module is designed for a salaried workforce. If you use our Time & Attendance module, it includes scheduling, time off tracking for a variety of work schedules, attendance tracking, approval workflows, and more. Should you wish to request a walkthrough of these features, please feel free to reach out to our client services team using the contact information provided below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Jon from ecobee Inc.

ecobee has had an excellent experience with Rise. We were one of your early customers.

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to export, edit and upload pay runs. Excellent and very responsive customer support team.

Cons

Exporting to ERP is complicated. Not enough notice when payroll has to be sent early due to holidays.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Jon. We are happy to hear about your good experience with processing your pay runs and speaking with our customer support team. We are in the process of developing an enhancement to our software that will help export all your customized GL data in a simpler way. Please let us know if there is any other data you need to export on a regular basis so we can investigate. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Love this software, it's very user friendly, saved my lots time with the whole payroll process

Time saving and efficiencies when procession the payroll

Pros

User friendly - the custom reports saved me lots time while reconcile payroll on a monthly and yearly basis. Customer service - Whenever I need help, the support team is always there !

Cons

We did experienced few discrepancies while we transfer YTD into the system. Thus, at year end, we had some issues with CPP and EI YTD total. Also, for employee benefit , there were few errors in the input sheet. Rise can improve the accuracy in terms of manual adjustment

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to hear that you find our software user friendly and that the custom reports save you a lot of time. We are also pleased to know that our customer service has been helpful. If there is anything we can assist you with in terms of discrepancies, input sheets, or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us using the contact details below and we would be happy to help. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Melanie from U Retreat Spa and Wellness

For the most part it is easy to use. However, there was quite a learning for me to get there.

Pros

How quickly I can process my payroll. I can get the whole thing done in less than 15 mins. I also don't they offer very patient and clear customer service.

Cons

I would like a heads up when I need to submit an early payroll (eg Christmas) I got a notice my payroll was about to be late(causing me to panic) but no notice I needed to submit early.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Melanie. We're happy to hear that our services have helped you to increase the ease and efficiency of your payroll processes. We apologize for the confusion you previously encountered with our early payroll notification. Our team is committed to ensuring our customers are provided with full support in their payroll processing, which includes ensuring that we continue to provide proper notifications in advance. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Nona from Inventa Sales & Promotions Inc.

Usually pretty good

Pros

Live updates with changes etc. and access to reports of past periods for employees as well as company

Cons

Duplicating data input for some stuff in Rise and Rise Hub. Also very slow updating reports for annual data.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Nona. We're glad to hear your thoughts on our software. We are planning further enhancements that will reduce any duplication of data as you've indicated. If you have any further comments you¿d like to share, please feel free to reach out to us using the contact details below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

We start use Rise for company payroll in 2014. It's great software for processing CAD payroll.

It's easy to use and save us time to process payroll.

Pros

It's very easy to use. We can add department and other information very easy way. Also we can e-file T4, ROE online.

Cons

Rise has no US payroll now. We need use other system to process our US employees payroll. If we can use same Rise system to process CAD and US employees payroll, it will be much better.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that our software is easy to use and saves you time. If you have any further comments, we¿d love to hear from you. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Jirtz from CORE

Satisfactory

Pros

Cons

if I have 2 compensation policies assigned to an employee, i can't have full capabilities for both policies.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Jirtz. We're happy to hear that you've found our services to be handy and useful for your payroll management processes. Our support team would love to assist you with any issues you may have. Please feel free to get in touch with one of our client service representatives through the contact information provided below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Jenny from Sutton Group West Coast Realty

easy to use

Reports are good, multi companies with one log in

Pros

multi companies using one log in. Does email paystub directly to payees that are password protected. No need to set up user access for employees to view their pay stub. Very much like the chat support they have online

Cons

The wording on their software, not use to "submit" on the payroll input section. This usually means submitting the payroll, but in their software, it means save or proceed to the next step before submitting.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review and for your kind words for our support team, Jenny. We are happy to hear that you have been finding our payroll features to be useful to your employees. We also appreciate your feedback on the `submit¿ function and will consider your suggestion in future product updates and releases. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Andrea from BC Tech Association

Great to begin with but diminished quickly given the frustrations listed below.

Payroll and time-off integration has been quite helpful.

Pros

- Payroll and time-off are integrated; - Affordable for small orgs; - Reports on birthdays and anniversaries are quite useful.

Cons

- Error in calculating carry-over days both years that I've managed the platform which resulted in manual recalculations and adjustments; - When running reports, employees who are no longer at the org are included; - Period of time (less frequent now) where the platform constantly ran error messages that prevented some team members from logging in and being able to use the platform; - Would be great if the time-off calendar integrated with Google Calendar.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Andrea. We appreciate your comments on some of the challenges you have experienced with our system and have shared your feedback with our product team for review. The issue regarding error messages is something that we will continue to improve upon - thank you for pointing this out and we apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Also, the Time Off calendar is already integrated with Google Calendar. You can learn more about this feature in our knowledge base here: https://support.risepeople.com/article/536-how-to-sync-your-time-off-calendar-with-google-calendar-and-ical Please feel free to contact us using the contact details below if we can be of any further assistance to you. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Sara from SilverCrest Excavating

Best intro to payroll ever!

Pros

The customer service and assistance with setting up employees was amazing. The price is beyond fair and I was so appreciative that I didn't have to figure out all the CRA steps on my own. I'd be lost without them. Even the weekly payroll cut off reminders were helpful during busy months.

Cons

Truly no complaints. I relied a little too much on the payroll cut off reminder and one time it didn't go through and we missed the deadline but a quick call to the customer service line rectified it immediately.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for sharing your kind words about your stellar experience with our customer service team, Sara! We're happy to hear that you are getting good value from our software and that Rise has been so helpful to you and your payroll management. We look forward to continuing to support your business. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Jesse from Elevation Pictures Corp.

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Overall great, sometimes customer support is delayed.

Efficiency.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use, very clean and simple, takes 1/10th of the time to process payroll compared to ADP.

Cons

Customer service can be slow and it can be challenging to address unusual/non-conforming payroll issues.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Jesse. We are happy to hear that you have found our solution to be easy to use and time-saving for your company. Our support team is committed to making continual improvements to the customer service experience and is more than open to hearing your suggestions on how we can improve. Please feel free to get in touch with any further feedback or comments you may have. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

G.R. from Transactive

Getting started seemed a little tricky at first, but we received top-notch support. Now it's easy.

The software provides a simple way to manage payroll, submissions and employee records and reports without requiring lots of time or payroll experience.

Pros

There is a documented way to do everything we need it to do, including ROEs, T4s, etc. The support team answers every question in detail and never leaves us hanging.

Cons

The UI is not intuitive, but it is easily learnable. After getting through the initial phase of setup, the day to day tasks required in Rise are very easy.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, G.R. We¿re glad to hear that you receive top notch support from Rise and that the documentation is helpful. If you have any specific comments on how we can improve, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact us anytime using the contact details below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Yeny from Minesense Technologies Ltd.

Good

Pros

Good customer service, I usually get the response right away or if not the next day. The interface is user friendly. The import function is helpful.

Cons

Some of the report is not user friendly and require more work to use the report which is not efficient.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Yeny. We are happy to hear that you have been satisfied with our customer service and have been receiving a good response time! Thank you for your comments on the user friendliness of our interface. We also appreciate your feedback on our reporting feature. We are currently reviewing our Payroll reporting feature for ways to improve. If you have any specific comments you¿d like to share, we¿d love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact us using the contact details below anytime. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Kelsey from The Ten Spot Charlottetown

great customer service experience but not super intuitive in terms of functionality

Pros

great communications products and approach, the customer service team + reliability/no service interruptions

Cons

I often find I have to call or chat the team because the actual tools, reports or features aren't the most intuitive

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Kelsey. We are glad to hear your good feedback on our product and our customer service team. We¿d love to hear your suggestions on how we can continue to improve upon our services and resources. Please feel free to get in touch with us using the contact details below if you¿d like to share more feedback. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Cristina from TIO Networks

The product is good for payroll, but can still be improved a lot.

Pros

The program is user-friendly, easily accessible. The preview registers is very helpful. And Customer support is always pleasant.

Cons

The reporting function is not very usable. Sometimes the customer support have very limited knowledge of the product and payroll.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Cristina. We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant experience using our product. We would love to hear your suggestions on how we can improve upon our reporting features and customer support experience. Please feel free to get in touch with us via the contact information provided below anytime. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Alex from Set Scouter

Excellent customer support and team

Pros

They make payroll and HR so easy. Great UX and backend. Very knowledgable team and support. They're able to answer all my questions quickly.

Cons

No Xero integration for easy payroll reconciliation. I wish I could easily generate a payroll report to be imported into Xero.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Alex! We're happy to hear about your great experiences with our services, product, and customer support team. In regards to Xero integration, this feature is currently in progress with our development team. Please stay tuned for further updates! All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Angeline from RDH Building Science

good experience overall

Pros

you can upload excel spreadsheets to input mass data. I like the quick chat feature with Rise staff, they always seem very knowledgeable and helpful. they always respond to any requests in a timely manner.

Cons

can be very slow to load at times, for example when adding a new payroll instruction it takes its time to load, also when submitting and opening registers.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Angeline. We're happy to hear about your good experience with Rise and our services. We'd love to hear more about and troubleshoot the issues you've been facing with our platform. Please feel free to reach out to our client service representatives through the contact information provided below. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Shane from Abbeyfield Houses of Vancouver

Fairly easy to use.

Pros

The software is easy to use. The format to type in the payroll is clean and easy. We really like the ease of doing the T4s and ROEs.

Cons

The setup of an employee can take some time. Maybe its because we only add an employee every few months, but we normally have to go back and adjust the compensation a few times to get the correct benefits setup - because we have different plans for FT vs PT.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Shane. We are glad to hear that the software is easy to use and that it makes it simple to complete your T4s and ROEs. If there is anything we can help you with regarding compensation, please reach out to our client service team using the contact details below. We would be very pleased to help! All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483

Johwanna from Mojo Jojo Pickles

Saves me time and money

Pros

I love that this files and track my government remittance. I like the built in forms and auto fill. It made my year end and T4s super easy and helps when I don't know how to fix remittance errors.

Cons

It has a beta feel, things don't always flow well and you have to click the FAQ for answers or call support.

Response from Rise

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Johwanna. We are glad to hear that our software helps make your remittances and year-end process easier. We are continually striving to improve our software and welcome any comments or feedback you may have. Please feel free to get in touch with us using the contact details below to share your thoughts anytime. All the very best, The Rise People Team info@risepeople.com 1-888-393-3483