What are Sapling users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Sapling software through verified user reviews

• icon"I think the calendar with everyone's birthday is amazing. Of course, the time off and tasks are just added bonuses in my opinion."
  • icon"The ease of use and prioritization of the to-do list was great."
  • icon"It's easy to use with simple navigation. Document management is a great feature to get me onboard and keep track of my documents."
  • icon"Also, if an email is scheduled to go out a few days in the future, there's no way to edit or make changes to the scheduled email once you've onboarded the new hire."
  • icon"In getting up and running, the directive on how to load historical data from the employee perspective was vague."
  • icon"I have seen issues where signed candidate documents are wiped, requiring new hires to resign the documents."

Browse all Sapling Reviews

• Have you used Sapling and would like to share your experience with others?

Jonathan

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Have amplified employee onboarding with Sapling

Pros

Having a platform for employees to learn about the culture and history of our organization, as well as get to know their colleagues ahead of starting, has greatly improved the onboarding process. We really enjoy the buddy feature, as it has taken our employee buddy program to a new level and increases engagement. Instead of having to use paper forms and checklists for onboarding, and sending back and forth emails, tasks are easily delegated to the appropriate people in my office and there's more transparency in the process.

Cons

Sapling has released a plethora of new features in the year that I've been on the platform, many from customer feedback. I'd like to see an Office 365 integration, as there currently is one with G Suite.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thanks for your kind words. The team here at Sapling is dedicated to helping new hires feel right at home and get to know their colleagues even before their first day. It's great to hear that UCSF has found success using the buddy feature. Buddy programs are a great way to kick-start the process of connecting with your new hire and making them feel welcomed. Please keep the feedback coming and we're excited about the partnership we've created to help you do your best work!

Miyo

Implemented Sapling Twice Now

Onboarding and offboarding has been enhanced in both companies I've implemented Sapling. The integrations have saved not only the People/HR team time, but other teams too!

Pros

I've implemented Sapling twice and found it easy to use and with a good CS rep, it'll go smoothly and your questions will be answered quickly. Once everything is set up, it's super easy to use.

Cons

There are still some functions that aren't that great; ie. start date change, but Sapling is working on it.

Reasons for choosing Sapling

The integration to ADP.

Reasons for switching to Sapling

The onboarding and offboarding process was all over the place.

Judy

A SOLUTION FOR ACCURATE HRIS DATA TRACKING

Pros

Sapling provides a good interactive experience that eliminates duplicate efforts while attempting to accurately track important data for both the employee and management perspective.

Kristy

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Sapling has taken our onboarding process to the next level both internally and externally.

Pros

Long gone are the days of Google spreadsheets and assorted Google docs. Sapling has saved us so much time and hassle by having all of the tasks in one assigned spot. Additionally, we pride ourselves on our onboarding experience and all of our new hires have commented on how welcome they felt even before they started. Sapling delivers a personalized experiences meant to educate the new hire about the company and ensure that they're able to hit the ground running on day one. Additionally, the customer support is phenomenal.

Cons

Sapling is a startup and still developing their technology so naturally has the occasional bug. The customer support is always great to help resolve any problems and I have no doubt that these will go away as they continue to grow

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for feedback Kristy! We agree, long gone are the days of Google spreadsheets. Sapling's goal is to ensure that your processes are automated to provide a streamlined onboarding and employee experience. We hear you, we have a long way to go, but we are constantly working on improving our platform and adding new functionalities to ensure that you continue being successful.

Emily

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Very clear and concise interface.

Automated all HR information tracking which has saved a huge amount of time from an admin perspective. Extremely beneficial when onboarding a new team member.

Pros

Very clear and concise interface. Varying levels of admin functions allow for complete control over editing company profile while also protecting conditional information. Support during the sale, contract and implementation have been fantastic. All questions answers and plan put in place to make sure we launch when planned.

Cons

There is sometimes a delay when clicking in to edit tasks in workflows but it's not something that would stop me from using the software

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for sharing your insightful feedback with us. Sapling strives to be an automated all HR platform and it's great to hear that you see us this way. We hope that Sapling continues providing you and your organizing value by ensuring an automated, streamlined process. In addition, our team highly enjoyed working with you throughout the sales, contract, and implementation stages and look forward to continue working with you to ensure Grow is successful.

Mallory

Life Changing!

Pros

This has changed and made our onboarding process so much more efficient. No more google docs! Syncs with Greenhouse, Namely and more.

Cons

Can't wait for waterfall tasks, and more integrations.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! Other than helping companies like yours get off spreadsheets, we are also focused on creating efficiency through our integrations. We're looking forward to bringing you and the rest of the team more value soon!

Franchesca

Sapling is amazing!

Overall, I think they've done a great job with the platform/service and our team is looking forward to any new updates!

Pros

- I love how user-friendly the platform is for Employees - The platform is aesthetically pleasing - Our Implementation Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is incredibly responsive and helpful to any questions/concerns we have - It has helped save us SO much time with the integrations from Lever and ADP - We can make custom workflows to help keep our growing team on the same page

Cons

- Employee Documents could be separated out into categories to make it easy for admin access & compliance purposes - There should be a way to capture I-9 & W-4 information for employees

Reasons for switching to Sapling

We grew too large as a company and it was only capturing employee data. It didn't automate anything to help our team save time.

Great So Far

So far so good. I haven't heard any complaints and it gets the job done. I don't know what the price is, but it seems more cost-effective than others for what we use it for.

Pros

It has been easy to use out of the box. The time management piece is simplistic. The historical export of data from the previous provider seems to be working. The company page also seems inviting for new employees, it is all branded well.

Cons

The one thing I wish it had was a google calendar integration that allows you to add it to your own calendar and the company calendar after PTO has been approved. I feel like we had this from Zenefits, and it is a real pain to deal with. The UI seems a bit dated.

Jason

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Sapling has been a great bridge between our ATS (Lever) and our payroll HRIS system (Namely).

Pros

Set-up, integration and maintenance is very simple and intuitive. The support team is very responsive.

Cons

I wish they integrated with Gmail to route messages through your actual email inbox as some other software does (Lever, for instance). I also wish they utilized DocuSign rather than EchoSign for the eSignature feature. It's a bit more robust and easy to use.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for these insights Jason. We are happy to hear that this partnership has been successful in ensuring that all your programs speak to one another to combine all the moving pieces. Currently, we use Sapling¿s e-signaturing iFrame through HelloSign. We had a release a few months back that allows you to customize and automate your documents by adding custom tokens. We'd love to hear what other functionalities you are looking for to explore them.

Brendon

New Hire - Sapling was a great day 1 resource

Pros

I was hired into a new job, and had sapling access day 1. It was an amazing resource for me as a new hire. It gave me a plethora of information that was well organized, informative and very intuitive to use.

Cons

I have not been using it very long, but no Cons so far!

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you find the platform intuitive and informative. As you continue using the platform, we encourage you to provide us with any feedback.

Annie

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

super easy and self explanatory

Pros

I like that I can see tasks easily and check things off. It is nice that everything can be linked so you can be directed straight to a different site

Cons

I haven't used it enough to notice any cons yet. I like how easy it is to use and that I was able to learn it quickly

Response from Sapling Technologies

Congrats on the new role and thank you for the feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience was pleasant and that Sapling has enhanced your employee experience.

Kybrinna

Sapling competition

It has been good. It is a solid software and has a very knowledgeable staff. While there is always room for improvement, being progressive with review offerings will make the technology community buzz.

Pros

User interface is awesome: With todays fast pace demand for more intuitive interfacing technoligies and data recovery, Sapling does a great job in addressing the everyday technical issues from recruiting to onboarding completion and document storage issues. While automization can result in cumbersom changes to workflows and clunky tasking, Saplings User interface is Simple, Clean and visually organized in it's step process.

Cons

Feed creation and implementation process: There are some setup quirks in site formating, email notifications to New Hires, and communications configurations between softwares. As a Client I know that not all are technologically gifted in the architect of development and operational implementation. It would be beneficial if Sapling's implementation team had some one on one forcast requirements of the Client and the HRIS Software Support team. I was looped in after the 3rd implementation attempt had crashed. Reporting and file creators along with Software team's communications feed and Market place implementation staff been in on this - one on one confrencing, a robust "sandboxing," and a slower sectioned rollout occured. I think this would have gone A-LOT smoother. Technical support: A week? Seriously? No other offerings or work arounds? Especially for mutistate companies. Verbage visibility: Soft gray is very hard on the eyes. Backlit screens and overhead florescents make it difficult - even with a difuser. Wish you could use your purple or a medium blue color that would differentiate between titles etc. and information entered.

Clare

Fantastic software that saves time and makes your job easier!

Pros

Sapling targets CRMs and messaging platforms to help agents create personalized responses more efficiently. Managers gain conversational insights to coach and prepare teams. It helps you speed up your business process. It's great that Autocomplete Everywhere allows agents to respond to customers faster by providing deep learning-powered autocomplete suggestions across all messaging platforms. Another favorite feature of Sapling Suggest is that it automatically suggests responses to customer chats or help desk calls by matching customer queries with relevant responses. It allows you to effortlessly manage high incoming volumes, in short, an excellent software.

Cons

I did not have a negative experience about this software, everything is very good. There is nothing that I don't like.

Terlya

Time-saving, efficient, intuitive experience

- Automated workflows - Seamless scheduling - customized onboarding experiences - Increased visibility - Clearer timelines/deadlines - Clear responsibilities/ownership - Org structure/ mapping capabilities - Greater accountability - easier planning/mapping

Pros

My favourite thing about Sapling is the ability to create customized onboarding journeys. Onboarding is so important to a company and Sapling enables you to create unforgettable experiences by automating the admin heavy side so that you can focus on creating a seamless/customised experiences.

Cons

It's reporting, storage and analytics capabilities have a long way to go. As we scale, I question wether we will outgrow it as a HRIS due to these things mentioned.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for taking the time to write a such a detailed review. It's great to hear what you like best about Sapling and how Sapling has provided a way for you to create customized onboarding for new hires. At Sapling, no onboarding is the same and we love when teams like yours go above and beyond to make their onboarding experience special. Reporting and analytics have been a big focus for the Sapling team in 2018 and we can't wait to share what we have been creating to help as your team grows!

Renee

Industry: Fund-Raising

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

A Modern application with a simple concept

Getting my hands on this new software has been a great experience I can access all the things I need and it keeps me updated on everything I need to know that is going on with not only my self but my team memeber I would highly recommend this software to anyone who wants a software that gets the job done all in one place

Pros

The innovative technology that allows you to not only have easy access to your profile and your team memebers, but other leaders and team members in different locations to all be able to communicate and help one another. Also it’s as if your at a one stop shop from easy accessible tabs to keep track of your daily tasks to making keeping track of all of your information safer and quicker than ever.

Cons

This software is awesome if your using it from a pc if your using a mobile device and could be a little frustrating to access certain things. Which could easily be solved by flipping your phone into the horizontally direction a lot of the tabs you wouldn’t previously have see will now appear making everything to slot smoother.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thanks so much for this insightful feedback. We truly appreciate your thorough feedback and use case scenarios. We are glad that Sapling is contributing to your success as a new hire. We are sorry to hear about your mobile experience. But great news, we had a recent release to Sapling's mobile experience, which has optimized the overall mobile experience.

Jamie

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Fantastic! The Sapling team is so helpful and responsive.

Pros

User friendly, easy to navigate for HR onboarding and offboarding. One of the rep is great about checking in to help and also updating our team on any changes or improvements that are coming up.

Cons

There are a couple of integrations that could be helpful if added such as Slack notifications. Would like for the org chart to be easier to use - sometimes has issues zooming in and out.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for this feedback Jamie!!! We agree that having additional integrations for the tools you already use would be ideal. In our roadmap, we are working on a few other integrations, and one of them is with Slack. Please learn more here- https://help.saplingapp.io/hr-and-admins/setting-up-saplings-slack-integration.

Asif

Onboarding experience

Pros

Usability and look and feel is quite nice. App is responsive and clear.

Cons

Mostly around the People/Team members section. * I would appreciate if i can click on the team member profile and open it in a separate tab. * No clean way to come back to list of team members (except clicking on the browser back). * Persist the filtering/page size: If i apply a filter or change pagesize, then click on a team member profile and come back to list, the previous filters/pagesize is lost and i have to reapply. Also i noticed while filling personal details, in Gender dropdown there is no field for LGBT, it would be nice to have that option for people who identify differently.

Jenn

Quality Pre-Boarding for Future Employees

Our experience with Sapling was amazing from selection to going live. Estefany was our point of contact through the implementation process and she was incredibly organized, thorough and helpful. It was really an amazing experience.

Pros

I love that the tool integrates seamlessly with Greenhouse and WorkforceNow, that it's easy to use, that it's visually appealing and customizable.

Cons

It works great, unfortunately I need to enter 40 characters in this box.

Reasons for switching to Sapling

The HRIS product we selected offered what Sapling does, only it didn't work like that at all. We had to find an immediate solution and know that we selected the right provider.

Katrina

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Saves so much time, but needs improvement

Pros

I appreciate the fact that I didn't have to physically walk into the office to sign paperwork and fill out forms before my first day. I also like that the interface was extremely simple and easy to use, especially for a non-tech-y person like me.

Cons

I think the software can improve by adding a "save changes" button. I had to ask HR a question regarding a form that was listed under the "your information (?)" section, and when I returned to it the next day, all the info I had input the night before was gone – not a totally huge inconvenience, but still a nuisance.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Congrats on the new role Katrina and we appreciate your candid feedback. We are happy to hear that you found the onboarding process streamlined and saw the befits of it. Team Sapling hopes to create a unique and engaging experience for new hires like yourself-even before they start. We are sorry to hear that you experienced that nuisance, but we are always looking for feedback to improve our platform. So we thank you for sharing this with us.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

So far it's good for the on-boarding process. Especially getting them started before they join.

Getting information out the candidate before they begin and being able to give tasks to employees for new hires.

Pros

I can pass on tasks to other employees in the company and getting information to the employee before they begin.

Cons

Still some bugs they need to get through. I'd like to be able to customize a little more, but overall a good program.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience with us. While we are happy to hear that Sapling has being a great asset for your onboarding flow, we also want to ensure that you are successful with your employee experience. We'd love to learn more about what additional customization you hoped for.

Nancy

At InVision, we rely heavily on Sapling to help us stay on track while we scale.

Pros

I love how customizable this platform is. It has evolved very quickly and the support team is super responsive. Each feature release provides new and improved ways for InVision to enrich our new hire experience.

Cons

With so many releases being launched sometimes the platform slows down quite a but which can be a bit tough. Mainly because I relay on this platform so much so when it slows down, my workflow is interrupted.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for you feeback and time - we have taken action to changes as needed. We've changed our release cycle so there should be no impact on application performance.

Natasha

Simple yet powerful

Pros

Sapling's end user interface is super intuitive and friendly to our end users. It's easy to understand and I love that everything is paperless! It has saved our HR team countless hours shuffling and filing paperwork.

Cons

It will be great for Sapling to continue to build out their API integrations with our HR software service providers in the future. So far the integration with ADP works fairly well.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Hi Natasha! We truly appreciate your insights. We are happy to hear that Sapling has been intuitive and user friendly not only for yourself, but the broader team. But most importantly we are happy to hear that Sapling has been saving you time on manual work since that time can now be used to refocus from people admin to people strategy. We are also always looking to improve our product and have released Sapling's API.

Sapling is a great HRIS

Sapling really seems like a great fit for a company at our stage of growth. It seems to have everything we need.

Pros

The interface feels modern and simple; it strives to look and behave like the best apps that you use every day. It makes simple tasks as simple as they should be, and complex tasks easier to accomplish. I like how Sapling encourages profile creation for a more social experience. Most HRIS software is cold and treats you like a peon. Sapling takes a warmer approach and makes it feel like you're connecting better with your coworkers.

Cons

The interface needs some more polish and performance improvements. Sapling also faces the same issue that other employee experience apps have where some parts of the interface can feel empty depending on how many features are in your company's license, and to what extent your company is utilizing those features. The layout (information architecture) seems too flat - It doesn't tell me what's most important.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for your insightful feedback and time. This feedback has been shared with the broader team. We have taken action to changes as needed. We've changed our release cycles to ensure there is no impact on application performance. Moving forward, we hope Sapling continues to provide you with a platform that allows you better connect with your organization.

Veda

Industry: Biotechnology

Sapling

Overall, I would recommend this to all businesses.

Pros

I love Sapling, the fact that the customers, employees and even suppliers can connect and work together through this program is definitely a pro.

Cons

I love everything about sapling but I wish they could integrate office 365 and also sometimes you have to have a minimum 40 count even if you want to leave something blank.

Seanmichael

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Simple, easy to use tool that allowed me to virtually meet my coworkers before day one.

quickly and easily signed onboarding documents before my start day so I could focus on building relationships when I arrived at my new job instead of paperwork. Provided an easy to tackle to-do list for my first week.

Pros

I loved being able to check out the profiles of my future coworkers and see the organization mapped out by team.

Cons

I wish I could have advanced past the "upload a photo" page to finish signing docs and inputting other text info and come back once I had a photo ready. I didn't have a photo on hand so I it paused my process and i had to walk away and come back to it days later.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Congrats again on the new role and thank you for your time! We appreciate the honesty in your feedback. In regards to the profile photo, we completely understand how this could be a pain point. The good news is that this could be a field that is not required, but this is based on company settings. To ensure that others users do not experience this, we've informed our program leads about your feedback.

4.69/5 out of 236 reviews