• Pros

• "I love that the tool integrates seamlessly with Greenhouse and WorkforceNow, that it's easy to use, that it's visually appealing and customizable. "

• "Clean, easy to use and navigate. The prompts were clear. This is my first time using the software, I was using it to get onboarded and to learn about my new team."

• "I've implemented Sapling twice and found it easy to use and with a good CS rep, it'll go smoothly and your questions will be answered quickly. Once everything is set up, it's super easy to use."

• Cons

• "Still some bugs they need to get through. I'd like to be able to customize a little more, but overall a good program."

• "It works great, unfortunately I need to enter 40 characters in this box."

• "There are still some functions that aren't that great; ie. start date change, but Sapling is working on it."

Browse SaplingHR Reviews

Jonathan from UCSF

Have amplified employee onboarding with Sapling

Pros

Having a platform for employees to learn about the culture and history of our organization, as well as get to know their colleagues ahead of starting, has greatly improved the onboarding process. We really enjoy the buddy feature, as it has taken our employee buddy program to a new level and increases engagement. Instead of having to use paper forms and checklists for onboarding, and sending back and forth emails, tasks are easily delegated to the appropriate people in my office and there's more transparency in the process.

Cons

Sapling has released a plethora of new features in the year that I've been on the platform, many from customer feedback. I'd like to see an Office 365 integration, as there currently is one with G Suite.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied November 2018

Thanks for your kind words. The team here at Sapling is dedicated to helping new hires feel right at home and get to know their colleagues even before their first day. It's great to hear that UCSF has found success using the buddy feature. Buddy programs are a great way to kick-start the process of connecting with your new hire and making them feel welcomed. Please keep the feedback coming and we're excited about the partnership we've created to help you do your best work!

Miyo from Harness Inc.

Implemented Sapling Twice Now

Onboarding and offboarding has been enhanced in both companies I've implemented Sapling. The integrations have saved not only the People/HR team time, but other teams too!

Reasons for Choosing SaplingHR

The integration to ADP.

Judy from Dia&Co

A SOLUTION FOR ACCURATE HRIS DATA TRACKING

Pros

Sapling provides a good interactive experience that eliminates duplicate efforts while attempting to accurately track important data for both the employee and management perspective.

Cons

In getting up and running, the directive on how to load historical data from the employee perspective was vague.

Veda from SeniorWell

Industry: Biotechnology

Sapling

Overall, I would recommend this to all businesses.

Pros

I love Sapling, the fact that the customers, employees and even suppliers can connect and work together through this program is definitely a pro.

Cons

I love everything about sapling but I wish they could integrate office 365 and also sometimes you have to have a minimum 40 count even if you want to leave something blank.

Kybrinna from ABS

Sapling competition

It has been good. It is a solid software and has a very knowledgeable staff. While there is always room for improvement, being progressive with review offerings will make the technology community buzz.

Pros

User interface is awesome: With todays fast pace demand for more intuitive interfacing technoligies and data recovery, Sapling does a great job in addressing the everyday technical issues from recruiting to onboarding completion and document storage issues. While automization can result in cumbersom changes to workflows and clunky tasking, Saplings User interface is Simple, Clean and visually organized in it's step process.

Cons

Feed creation and implementation process: There are some setup quirks in site formating, email notifications to New Hires, and communications configurations between softwares. As a Client I know that not all are technologically gifted in the architect of development and operational implementation. It would be beneficial if Sapling's implementation team had some one on one forcast requirements of the Client and the HRIS Software Support team. I was looped in after the 3rd implementation attempt had crashed. Reporting and file creators along with Software team's communications feed and Market place implementation staff been in on this - one on one confrencing, a robust "sandboxing," and a slower sectioned rollout occured. I think this would have gone A-LOT smoother. Technical support: A week? Seriously? No other offerings or work arounds? Especially for mutistate companies. Verbage visibility: Soft gray is very hard on the eyes. Backlit screens and overhead florescents make it difficult - even with a difuser. Wish you could use your purple or a medium blue color that would differentiate between titles etc. and information entered.

Jenn from Iterable

Quality Pre-Boarding for Future Employees

Our experience with Sapling was amazing from selection to going live. Estefany was our point of contact through the implementation process and she was incredibly organized, thorough and helpful. It was really an amazing experience.

Pros

Cons

It works great, unfortunately I need to enter 40 characters in this box.

Franchesca from LeanData, Inc.

Sapling is amazing!

Overall, I think they've done a great job with the platform/service and our team is looking forward to any new updates!

Pros

- I love how user-friendly the platform is for Employees - The platform is aesthetically pleasing - Our Implementation Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is incredibly responsive and helpful to any questions/concerns we have - It has helped save us SO much time with the integrations from Lever and ADP - We can make custom workflows to help keep our growing team on the same page

Cons

- Employee Documents could be separated out into categories to make it easy for admin access & compliance purposes - There should be a way to capture I-9 & W-4 information for employees

Anna from Salisbury university

Sapling for students

Good once it was set up.

Pros

It was easy to navigate and see what was due and when the due dates were. It also gave good feedback when a question was answered wrong on how to answer it correctly.

Cons

It was difficult to get it to match up and open in my browser. I had to contact customer support, but customer support was very helpful and helped me resolve the problem quickly.

Andrew from Zapier

Sapling makes onboarding easy!

Pros

Sapling is intuitive, simple, and easy to use. Literally anyone can learn how to use it within seconds. It has helped me onboard to a new company quickly.

Cons

I wish Sapling integrated into other products that I already use.

Rinara from Tempo Automation

Overall easy to use

Pros

Easy to use. I did not need to watch intro videos to be able to use it.

Cons

I wanted to skip the "about" entry and complete the rest, then come back to finish it later. That wasn't an option.

Terlya from SafetyCulture

Time-saving, efficient, intuitive experience

- Automated workflows - Seamless scheduling - customized onboarding experiences - Increased visibility - Clearer timelines/deadlines - Clear responsibilities/ownership - Org structure/ mapping capabilities - Greater accountability - easier planning/mapping

Pros

My favourite thing about Sapling is the ability to create customized onboarding journeys. Onboarding is so important to a company and Sapling enables you to create unforgettable experiences by automating the admin heavy side so that you can focus on creating a seamless/customised experiences.

Cons

It's reporting, storage and analytics capabilities have a long way to go. As we scale, I question wether we will outgrow it as a HRIS due to these things mentioned.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a such a detailed review. It's great to hear what you like best about Sapling and how Sapling has provided a way for you to create customized onboarding for new hires. At Sapling, no onboarding is the same and we love when teams like yours go above and beyond to make their onboarding experience special. Reporting and analytics have been a big focus for the Sapling team in 2018 and we can't wait to share what we have been creating to help as your team grows!

Renee from McDonalds

Industry: Fund-Raising

A Modern application with a simple concept

Getting my hands on this new software has been a great experience I can access all the things I need and it keeps me updated on everything I need to know that is going on with not only my self but my team memeber I would highly recommend this software to anyone who wants a software that gets the job done all in one place

Pros

The innovative technology that allows you to not only have easy access to your profile and your team memebers, but other leaders and team members in different locations to all be able to communicate and help one another. Also it’s as if your at a one stop shop from easy accessible tabs to keep track of your daily tasks to making keeping track of all of your information safer and quicker than ever.

Cons

This software is awesome if your using it from a pc if your using a mobile device and could be a little frustrating to access certain things. Which could easily be solved by flipping your phone into the horizontally direction a lot of the tabs you wouldn’t previously have see will now appear making everything to slot smoother.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thanks so much for this insightful feedback. We truly appreciate your thorough feedback and use case scenarios. We are glad that Sapling is contributing to your success as a new hire. We are sorry to hear about your mobile experience. But great news, we had a recent release to Sapling's mobile experience, which has optimized the overall mobile experience.

Jamie from Apartment List

Fantastic! The Sapling team is so helpful and responsive.

Pros

User friendly, easy to navigate for HR onboarding and offboarding. One of the rep is great about checking in to help and also updating our team on any changes or improvements that are coming up.

Cons

There are a couple of integrations that could be helpful if added such as Slack notifications. Would like for the org chart to be easier to use - sometimes has issues zooming in and out.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied August 2018

Thank you for this feedback Jamie!!! We agree that having additional integrations for the tools you already use would be ideal. In our roadmap, we are working on a few other integrations, and one of them is with Slack. Please learn more here- https://help.saplingapp.io/hr-and-admins/setting-up-saplings-slack-integration.

Kristy from Branch

Sapling has taken our onboarding process to the next level both internally and externally.

Pros

Long gone are the days of Google spreadsheets and assorted Google docs. Sapling has saved us so much time and hassle by having all of the tasks in one assigned spot. Additionally, we pride ourselves on our onboarding experience and all of our new hires have commented on how welcome they felt even before they started. Sapling delivers a personalized experiences meant to educate the new hire about the company and ensure that they're able to hit the ground running on day one. Additionally, the customer support is phenomenal.

Cons

Sapling is a startup and still developing their technology so naturally has the occasional bug. The customer support is always great to help resolve any problems and I have no doubt that these will go away as they continue to grow

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied November 2018

Thank you for feedback Kristy! We agree, long gone are the days of Google spreadsheets. Sapling's goal is to ensure that your processes are automated to provide a streamlined onboarding and employee experience. We hear you, we have a long way to go, but we are constantly working on improving our platform and adding new functionalities to ensure that you continue being successful.

Asif from Addepar

Onboarding experience

Pros

Usability and look and feel is quite nice. App is responsive and clear.

Cons

Mostly around the People/Team members section. * I would appreciate if i can click on the team member profile and open it in a separate tab. * No clean way to come back to list of team members (except clicking on the browser back). * Persist the filtering/page size: If i apply a filter or change pagesize, then click on a team member profile and come back to list, the previous filters/pagesize is lost and i have to reapply. Also i noticed while filling personal details, in Gender dropdown there is no field for LGBT, it would be nice to have that option for people who identify differently.

Emily from Grow Technologies Inc.

Very clear and concise interface.

Automated all HR information tracking which has saved a huge amount of time from an admin perspective. Extremely beneficial when onboarding a new team member.

Pros

Very clear and concise interface. Varying levels of admin functions allow for complete control over editing company profile while also protecting conditional information. Support during the sale, contract and implementation have been fantastic. All questions answers and plan put in place to make sure we launch when planned.

Cons

There is sometimes a delay when clicking in to edit tasks in workflows but it's not something that would stop me from using the software

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for sharing your insightful feedback with us. Sapling strives to be an automated all HR platform and it's great to hear that you see us this way. We hope that Sapling continues providing you and your organizing value by ensuring an automated, streamlined process. In addition, our team highly enjoyed working with you throughout the sales, contract, and implementation stages and look forward to continue working with you to ensure Grow is successful.

Katrina from 1stdibs

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Saves so much time, but needs improvement

Pros

I appreciate the fact that I didn't have to physically walk into the office to sign paperwork and fill out forms before my first day. I also like that the interface was extremely simple and easy to use, especially for a non-tech-y person like me.

Cons

I think the software can improve by adding a "save changes" button. I had to ask HR a question regarding a form that was listed under the "your information (?)" section, and when I returned to it the next day, all the info I had input the night before was gone – not a totally huge inconvenience, but still a nuisance.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Congrats on the new role Katrina and we appreciate your candid feedback. We are happy to hear that you found the onboarding process streamlined and saw the befits of it. Team Sapling hopes to create a unique and engaging experience for new hires like yourself-even before they start. We are sorry to hear that you experienced that nuisance, but we are always looking for feedback to improve our platform. So we thank you for sharing this with us.

So far it's good for the on-boarding process. Especially getting them started before they join.

Getting information out the candidate before they begin and being able to give tasks to employees for new hires.

Pros

I can pass on tasks to other employees in the company and getting information to the employee before they begin.

Cons

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience with us. While we are happy to hear that Sapling has being a great asset for your onboarding flow, we also want to ensure that you are successful with your employee experience. We'd love to learn more about what additional customization you hoped for.

Nancy from InVisionApp Inc

At InVision, we rely heavily on Sapling to help us stay on track while we scale.

Pros

I love how customizable this platform is. It has evolved very quickly and the support team is super responsive. Each feature release provides new and improved ways for InVision to enrich our new hire experience.

Cons

With so many releases being launched sometimes the platform slows down quite a but which can be a bit tough. Mainly because I relay on this platform so much so when it slows down, my workflow is interrupted.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied August 2018

Thank you for you feeback and time - we have taken action to changes as needed. We've changed our release cycle so there should be no impact on application performance.

Natasha from Earthjustice

Simple yet powerful

Pros

Sapling's end user interface is super intuitive and friendly to our end users. It's easy to understand and I love that everything is paperless! It has saved our HR team countless hours shuffling and filing paperwork.

Cons

It will be great for Sapling to continue to build out their API integrations with our HR software service providers in the future. So far the integration with ADP works fairly well.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Hi Natasha! We truly appreciate your insights. We are happy to hear that Sapling has been intuitive and user friendly not only for yourself, but the broader team. But most importantly we are happy to hear that Sapling has been saving you time on manual work since that time can now be used to refocus from people admin to people strategy. We are also always looking to improve our product and have released Sapling's API.

Mallory from 1stdibs.com

Life Changing!

Pros

This has changed and made our onboarding process so much more efficient. No more google docs! Syncs with Greenhouse, Namely and more.

Cons

Can't wait for waterfall tasks, and more integrations.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied November 2018

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! Other than helping companies like yours get off spreadsheets, we are also focused on creating efficiency through our integrations. We're looking forward to bringing you and the rest of the team more value soon!

Sapling is a great HRIS

Sapling really seems like a great fit for a company at our stage of growth. It seems to have everything we need.

Pros

The interface feels modern and simple; it strives to look and behave like the best apps that you use every day. It makes simple tasks as simple as they should be, and complex tasks easier to accomplish. I like how Sapling encourages profile creation for a more social experience. Most HRIS software is cold and treats you like a peon. Sapling takes a warmer approach and makes it feel like you're connecting better with your coworkers.

Cons

The interface needs some more polish and performance improvements. Sapling also faces the same issue that other employee experience apps have where some parts of the interface can feel empty depending on how many features are in your company's license, and to what extent your company is utilizing those features. The layout (information architecture) seems too flat - It doesn't tell me what's most important.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for your insightful feedback and time. This feedback has been shared with the broader team. We have taken action to changes as needed. We've changed our release cycles to ensure there is no impact on application performance. Moving forward, we hope Sapling continues to provide you with a platform that allows you better connect with your organization.

Seanmichael from Cruise

Simple, easy to use tool that allowed me to virtually meet my coworkers before day one.

quickly and easily signed onboarding documents before my start day so I could focus on building relationships when I arrived at my new job instead of paperwork. Provided an easy to tackle to-do list for my first week.

Pros

I loved being able to check out the profiles of my future coworkers and see the organization mapped out by team.

Cons

I wish I could have advanced past the "upload a photo" page to finish signing docs and inputting other text info and come back once I had a photo ready. I didn't have a photo on hand so I it paused my process and i had to walk away and come back to it days later.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied August 2018

Congrats again on the new role and thank you for your time! We appreciate the honesty in your feedback. In regards to the profile photo, we completely understand how this could be a pain point. The good news is that this could be a field that is not required, but this is based on company settings. To ensure that others users do not experience this, we've informed our program leads about your feedback.

Rebecca from Marketing and Advertising

First impression

Pros

Cons

The People area didn't give me the views I needed all the time. For instance, when I clicked into one person from a specific department that I filtered, I saw the rest of the team on the side in circular icon form, but I had to role over to see their names, and I had no way of seeing their position, organizational structure. I also (when I hit the back button after that) it brought me back to the whole company and I had to filter all over again. I wish I was also able to see the team structure visually on someone's profile, including my own. And, be able to just click (XYZ team) on the side by profile pics to bring me directly back to the team I filtered.

Brittany from Fivestars

Industry: Medical Devices

Review of Sapling

Pros

I liked that i was able to use sapling not only on my computer but on my phone as well. It helps being in the field and still able to check in with each different team in different channels

Cons

One complaint I have, and i also just signed up for the service so i could be doing something wrong, but one complaint would be the notifications, once i click onto the messages that i received the notification from, the number don't always go away

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Congrats on the new role and we truly appreciate your feedback. We are always looking to improve our product. In regards to tasks, once you complete them, they should be marked as completed immediately. We looked into this and as soon as the assignee completes the task, Sapling removes it from either the pending or overdue states and moves it over to the complete state. If you encounter this again, please reach out to us at help@trysapling.com.

Cristina from 1stdibs

Great Concept

Sapling is a great tool to ensure a new hire is all set on their first day, when it works properly.

Pros

I like that new hires are able to complete essential information before their start date so they don't have to spend time on their first day completing their tax form and I-9. Also, managers are able to fill in information about their need hire, like software needs, and IT can view and work with that info.

Cons

Inconsistency. Sometimes the program works as needed, sometimes it doesn't and there's no way of telling unless the new hire contacts you before their first day letting you know that they're having tech issues. Also, if an email is scheduled to go out a few days in the future, there's no way to edit or make changes to the scheduled email once you've onboarded the new hire.

Ariell from Dia&Co

My Experience with Sapling

I would say that Sapling has helped to bridge the gap within our company - a gap formed due to us being so far spread and unable to talk and get to know one another. To be able to read each other's bios, see each other's photos, and know each other's birthdays really helps bring us closer together!

Pros

I think it is an awesome idea! What a great, modern way to connect with coworkers and get to know each other better - especially considering the employees from my company are spread all over the country. I think the calendar with everyone's birthday is amazing! Of course, the time off and tasks are just added bonuses in my opinion!

Cons

My only critique is that I can't see how much PTO I have available. I can only see scheduled paid days off that are coming up. That may be due to my company though, I'm not sure.

Super easy to receive and complete tasks. I don't like how often I get signed out though.

I know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing any any given time during our work week. Particularly helpful when onboarding to a new company.

Pros

Everything is simply labeled and easy to find. Menus are minimal in length so I can find stuff, the colors are not garish, the work flows are intuitive.

Cons

I get logged out after some minuscule amount of time. Sometimes I get massive amounts of lag in between screens, which is frustrating and I over-click

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time. We are glad to hear that Sapling has provided you with a source of truth to ensure you are successful with your day to day flow. In regards to the logout issue, we had a release that allows for this setting to be updated on the company level. Previously, after being idle for a few minutes the system would log you out for security purposes. But this should no longer be an issue.

A nice app for getting an overview of your company organization

No real problems to speak of, and the first source I turn to when trying to get more information about somebody in my organization.

Pros

Pretty easy to use. Everyone who joins the company are required to use this, making it a good resource for finding anyone who is part of your workforce. Works best for me in getting more information on co-workers.

Cons

Profile pictures used are very low resolution, and obscured unless you inspect elements in your browser's developer console. Not a usual case for most who will be using it, but is an issue for me. Otherwise can't actually think of any other issues with the software.

Yasmin from Ring

My on boarding process is a lot quicker and much more organized!

Pros

I love the many features that Sapling has to offer. My onboarding process has become so much faster and much more organized. I'd say my favorite part about this software would be how everything is generated automatically. I can schedule the welcome email to be sent out on an exact day and time and have team members sign documents all at once. Also my Sapling representative has been super helpful and patient every step of the way, can't thank him and his team enough!

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Hi Yasmin! We are thrilled to hear that Sapling has provided you with the tools necessary to automate your onboarding process. Our team focuses on ensuring that all the companies we have a partnership with are successful and it sounds like that is the case here. Thank you again for this feedback.

Jason from Kitty Hawk .

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Sapling has been a great bridge between our ATS (Lever) and our payroll HRIS system (Namely).

Pros

Set-up, integration and maintenance is very simple and intuitive. The support team is very responsive.

Cons

I wish they integrated with Gmail to route messages through your actual email inbox as some other software does (Lever, for instance). I also wish they utilized DocuSign rather than EchoSign for the eSignature feature. It's a bit more robust and easy to use.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for these insights Jason. We are happy to hear that this partnership has been successful in ensuring that all your programs speak to one another to combine all the moving pieces. Currently, we use Sapling¿s e-signaturing iFrame through HelloSign. We had a release a few months back that allows you to customize and automate your documents by adding custom tokens. We'd love to hear what other functionalities you are looking for to explore them.

Super Easy On-Boarding Experience

My overall experience was positive! First day on boarding can be a lot of new information to work through but this was very approachable and seamless.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to navigate Sapling, I used it to start my on boarding at a new job. The interface and functionality was super easy to understand, I found it easy to go through each task and complete them.

Cons

This is minor, but when exploring to find my team I constantly had to click "see more team members" to load more people, maybe a scroll or some other type of way to load this info might be helpful? I found myself clicking this button 4-5+ times and eventually moved on.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a such a detailed review. It's great to hear what you like best about Sapling and how Sapling has provided you with the tools necessary to ensure a that you are first day. We truly appreciate you also proving us with suggestions based on your user experience. This type of feedback is essential to ensure we we can improve our platform.

Alice from ProsperWorks

easy to use, smooth clean interface

Pros

It seems pretty flexible. My HR organized the info needed into logical sections. The documents I needed to review were obvious. Progress was obvious and visible. I like that on the dashboard, the # of tasks I still need to complete is prominent.

Cons

Wish I could save the work in an incomplete section, so that even if I didn't fill out required fields, I can come back later and continue where I left off.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us! I know this can be time consuming and frustrating and can see why this would add big value to the preboarding experience. Our design team is working hard to make the necessary changes to ensure the process is as smooth as possible. Having information automatically saved, is one of their end goals.

Wendy from Scality

The support is extremely helpful as they genuinely strive to provide quality experience and solution

Streamlined and reduced manual work through automation and integration.

Pros

The software streamlined our processes and reduced manual work through integrations and automation. The org chart also met our needs through the printable PDF feature for the leaders of the company.

Cons

When we started using Sapling, we ran into bugs and problematic nuances like any new technology; however, the software has transformed and grown significantly as Sapling always seek ways to improve.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that Sapling has been essential to ensuring that your processes are streamlined. You are correct, in the last few months, we have made multiple changes to ensure that we are constantly improving our platform.

Nick from Upserve

It's been easy viewing my tasks and referencing my profile to see what my teammates names are

It's made training and onboarding easy

Pros

It's laid out simply so it's easy to navigate to each area. I also love that I can see my entire team on here.

Cons

Sometimes it was difficult to find a task again if I accidentally marked a task as completed when it wasn't.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Congrats on the new role! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your insights. We are glad to hear that your onboarding and employee experience were enhanced by using Sapling. We are always looking to make improvements where we can, so thank you for identifying your pain point with tasks. If you ever wanted to locate all completed tasks, you can do so by navigating over to the historical tasks and selecting on completed. This will provided you with an overview of all completed tasks.

Joao from Royal Boxx

Great for Task and Onboarding

Centralized platform to manage employees and assign tasks for onboarding

Pros

Easiness of use combined with the option to scale according to business needs. Sapling provides a great platform to ensure employees stay organized.

Cons

Sapling has its own limitations and does not support a variety of other onboarding features that might be available through other solutions. Still, I believe this to be the best option for usability

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad to hear that you found Sapling's interface intuitive. We are always looking to improve our platform and have new exciting releases upcoming. If you have any feature request, we'd love to hear about them.

Shawna from Minted

Onboarding

I had a great experience with Sapling, I wish all companies would use this software for the convenience of the on boarding process.

Pros

The software was easy to use, I liked that I could use it from home and also that it only too a few minutes to complete

Cons

Some pages took a while to load, I would have to refresh the page to gain a response. Everything else was a breeze.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Hi Shawna! Thank you for review and taking the time to share with us what worked for you and what we could improve on. I wanted to provide you with an update regarding application performance, we have updated our release cycles to ensure you do not face this issue in the future.

Dale from Digital Ocean

Easy to use as a new employee

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use. The UI covers all of the needed assets in order to complete my work in a timely manner.

Cons

The one major issue I have is that Sapling logs me out far too quickly. I walk away from my desk for 5 minutes or so, and then I have to relog in.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied August 2018

Thank you for this feedback Dale and we hear you. The reason you were logged out is because after being idle for more than 10 minutes, you're logged out for security purposes. But good news, at the end of next month we will have a release that includes a setting option to change this timeframe. Note, this is a company setting that will have to be updated by your company.

Easy, organised

Pros

- It keeps me organised and I can track the employees' progress and activities at one glance. - It is integrated with our hiring ATS system, Workable, which automatically helped us tracked any new hires made in Workable into Sapling - Helps in creating their new work email

Cons

It doesn't notify you when employees made changes to their profile - which is crucial (e.g bank details)

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied August 2018

We sincerely appreciate your time and feedback. Although, we don't currently have this functionality it is something that we are building in the future . Currently, customers have two options. Either they can reference the history event for any changes made or you use Sapling¿s Slack integration which pushes Sapling Events and updates straight into your Slack. Sapling Events provides complete visibility over your employee experience program and is available to Admin and Account owners in Sapling. This includes changes to employees, documents, tasks and company settings. We are rolling our change reporting in Q4 2018.

Brittany from Reorg Research, Inc.

Sapling is an effective onboarding tool - it's user-friendly for all current and future employees!

Easy ability to onboard new hires and ensure that they have all the right information, access and set up before they arrive on their first day.

Pros

Easy of use and the ability for many people to use it (HR, recruiting, manager, employees and new hires). The support of the tool is excellent too. Sapling has customer success reps who are almost always available to assist with any features or requests.

Cons

The new layout is a little more confusing to use than the old one and slightly more clunky. Once you get used to it, it's not so bad.

Great for onboarding and offboarding tasks

Onboarding and offboarding has been a breeze with Sapling.

Pros

I love how easy it is to view your assigned tasks and see the progress of current tasks. I love how visually appealing the user interface is as well. It's very clean and easy to use.

Cons

There is an issue with the search function that they still need to fix. Sometimes the search doesn't work.

Melissa from tempo automation

Easy to use and super helpful!

Pros

Love how easy it had made the on boarding process for new employees and for internal folks as well!

Cons

Occasional bugs when using the software but the Sapling team is super responsive and quick to fix issues!

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

We appreciate your feedback Melissa. We are happy to hear that Sapling has been a moving part to helping your team automate their employee experience. We strive to ensure that whenever a problem arises, we fix it right away. Thank you for letting us know that your issues have been fixed in a timely manner and we are happy to keep helping out in anyway we can.

Adrian from Kitty Hawk

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Clean Cut Navigation

Pros

I really enjoyed how easy it was to through the process. Very well organized compared to other on-boarding apps have used in the past. GUI is easy on the eyes and has good flow. When I logged out and back in, was right where I left off. Really enjoyed seeing the team I am working with and all the new hires coming on board with me.

Cons

I did experience when I was signing a document the information boxes covered some of the content to view what I needed to input into a couple of boxes. Overlay was hiding text. I eventually figured out. This was the only thing the I ran into.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Congrats on the your new role! We thank you for taking the time to share your insights with us. Team Sapling is happy to hear that you found our interface intuitive and easy to follow. Other than being an asset during your preboarding and employee experience, we hope that Sapling can be a form of getting to know your team and learning more about your company.

Linna from InVision

My experience with Sapling has been a positive one. It is a very useful and easy tool to use.

Pros

This tool has helped me start my remote job in a very organized way. I got the instructions from the Peoples Ops team even before my start date through Sapling. It also helped me meet my new colleagues while working remotely.

Cons

It is not necessarily that I don't like but I wish there were more features implemented in your applications.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied August 2018

We are glad to hear that Sapling has been useful to you as you were being onboarded. We are always looking to improve our product and appreciate the feedback.

Hina from OnDeck

Sapling makes it easier for new employees to sign required paperwork & upload necessary documents.

Pros

It's easy to use. I don't have to figure out the steps of the process myself. The software gives me cues when a task is done and when I need to move on to the next task.

Cons

It's very glitchy on a phone. I tried on-boarding through my phone, it was very tedious. I couldn't understand what was missing, site isn't responsive enough for a phone.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied August 2018

Thanks so much for this feedback and sorry to hear about your mobile experience. Sapling's mobile experience is optimized for iPhone. We're releasing an update to our broader mobile experience in Q4 2018.

Great for studying!

Pros

I like that sapling offers college students homework assignments through their site.

Cons

I haven't encountered any issues so far using sapling.

Brendon from RO|Innovation

New Hire - Sapling was a great day 1 resource

Pros

I was hired into a new job, and had sapling access day 1. It was an amazing resource for me as a new hire. It gave me a plethora of information that was well organized, informative and very intuitive to use.

Cons

I have not been using it very long, but no Cons so far!

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you find the platform intuitive and informative. As you continue using the platform, we encourage you to provide us with any feedback.

First Experience with Sampling

Again, I think this is making everyone's lives more effective and efficient. Great invention.

Pros

I thought this was very effective, clean, smart and suer friendly. I really enjoyed the pre-work prior to my first day. Streamlined, sexy and smart.

Cons

There was nothing I did not like about this software.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled to hear about your experience. We hope that as you continue using Sapling the experience remains user friendly and streamlined.

Super simple!

Awesome! I'm a new hire at my company and this is honestly the best onboarding experience I have ever had - and Sapling has been a huge part of that.

Pros

I love how simple it is to create a profile and complete tasks. I also really enjoy how easy it is to navigate around others' profiles and see how everyone connects re: managers and organizational structure.

Cons

The tasks can stack up and it would be nice to have a way to sort them a little more manually.

Ben from Course Hero

Using Sapling for work

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I can easily find anything that is available.

Cons

The webpage is sometimes slow to load. Also, the Team members component is a bit awkward to use when looking up multiple people: I cannot open a link (with a team member) in a new tab and must open each link in the same window. When I go back in history to the list, the page needs to reload itself and the pagination preference doesn't persist.