• Pros

• "The ability to communicate with all employees and have a structured system."

• "Once you get in there and figure out all the features it very easy to navigate though and fill out."

• "Since my Company started using this system it has changed alot of things for the better ! Most of all its organized !"

• Cons

• "Wish it had the ability to do other functions."

• "Was buggy at times. Could use a bit more focused functionality, has a lot of features but they're a bit overwhelming."

• "Integration with my calendars was difficult - more to do with iOS calendar"

Browse Schedulehead Reviews

Joel from X Group Restaurants, Catering and Brewery

Industry: Restaurants

Schedulehead works well for Caterers and event planners

In Catering we are sometimes looking to schedule 80 or so people for multiple events and event sites on the same day. Schedulehead allows us to do so easily by building each event separately with event site information, uniform info etc. The auto text feature is also great allowing people to get info on events they may want to request to work.

Pros

Schedulehead is built well for Catering. It allows you to schedule based on the event itself or in a regular grid type schedule for your more normal shifts.

Cons

This isn't much to not like with Schedulehead. Especially after using it for a while.

Reasons for Choosing Schedulehead

I felt the event driven side of schedulehead made sense for what we were looking for.

Joe from Intensity Entertainment, LLC

A Year of Schedulehead

We schedule contractors for multiple events on a given day. We previously tried some of the well known scheduling apps, but were never able to find the right fit. Those applications seemed to think in terms of hourly employees, and it was very clunky trying to apply them to our use-case. Schedulehead was designed for event workers, or one-off type shifts. If you staff events, or have an application that requires more sporadic staffing of contractors on a case-by-case basis, Schedulehead is the only app I've found that handles this gracefully.

Pros

Flexibility and customization options | Many of the reviews I've read mention problems that are easily fixed by simply changing settings, or contacting the support team. I've found, over the last year and a half of using Schedulehead, that the power of the software under the hood is much more comprehensive than what you may see initially. In order to avoid confusion and make the onboarding experience frustration-free, it seems some of the more advanced features were not visible. However, a simple contact to the team at Schedulehead opened up a lot of power. The most important thing though, is the willingness on their part to roll out features custom to our account, and unique to our needs, at a very reasonable cost.

Cons

If I had to say a "con", it would simply be that my company has been a customer of Schedulehead since they were much smaller than they are now, and we've been through lots of changes with them over the last year and a half. It's been very rare though, that a change had any negative impact on the user experience from our perspective. In fact, many changes have been made, at least in part, at our request. So to some degree, the 'con' for us, is also a big plus factor. The ScheduleHead team listens. And they respond quickly.

Kim from Advanced Catering Concepts

Schedulehead Review

Pros

Looking up past and future shifts are great. Being able to inactivate or reactivate with a click of a button.

Cons

Having past shifts listed in the current shift list page. The new format It would be nice to click on a worker to see what their past and future shifts are by just clicking on their name as an admin rather than going through additional pages.

kimberley from upstage center inc

Productivity and quality

My experience with Schedulehead has overall been a great one ! The developers keep in close contact with my company on ways to better improve the program to fit our needs within our field . Thank you for simplifying our needs.

Pros

The easy to use menu makes it simple to navigate from option to option saving me valuable time. The software is not loaded with to many of the same type options making it easier accomplish my task I set out to do. The newly released interface gives it a fresh ,friendly appeal.

Cons

overall I would have to say that I only wish they had a real time employee start and stop time keeper for on the job usage.

Response from Schedulehead

Replied December 2019

Hi Kimberley! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm glad you're loving the new interface, and we're happy to listen to feedback whenever you have it. Also one more thing - We do offer an easy (and powerful) time-tracking solution made specifically for companies like yours. Best!

Aurora from Upstage Center, Inc

Practical for Management and Employees

It's been very easy to pick up but there are still some flaws and kinks that could be worked out. Luckily, support is very helpful and attentive to any issues we have with Schedulehead. Issues we've brought to light have definitely been acknowledged.

Pros

Makes employees be aware of shifts as soon as I get them up onto Schedulehead. I can also contact everyone on a shift immediately in case there are any last minute changes.

Cons

That bail out button needs to go! I don't like that employees are able to bail out, after confirming, with an ease of a button instead of canceling with an explanation. Also, I feel there are too many texts and emails that go out when working on filling work shifts.

Response from Schedulehead

Replied August 2019

Hi Aurora! Thanks for the review! So that you're aware, you can disable the bailouts, and also customize them to fit your needs better. The goal of having bailouts is to allow workers to bailout (if they're going to anyway) but have them do so in a pre-approved timeframe and manner that works for your company. Otherwise, you can still disable them altogether. I hope that helps, and if we can help any further please email support@schedulehead.com Thanks!

Chad from Timeless Events

Gets the basic job done

Pros

Liked being able to send out a job opening to our entire roster of staff all at once.

Cons

Wished they could be able to log their hours through the app. The app needs more work.

Response from Schedulehead

Replied October 2018

Hi Chad! Thanks for taking the time to review Schedulehead! I just wanted to let you know that we've released a huge amount of new features over the last year, for example Time Tracking so that employees can log their hours directly through Schedulehead. Checkout our YouTube channel for some quick videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAr1gAyZ4tuZu-fvgZtCiHg/videos and of course, our website at www.schedulehead.com Thanks!

J.D. from MidiCi The Neapolitan Pizza Company

Industry: Restaurants

Great scheduling platform

I practice taking my glasses off because I had a fantastic time and this program makes my already very busy job much easier

Pros

The ability how to adjust scheduling needs based on operational requirements

Cons

App could use a bit more features that are operationally assisting the operator

Justin from Rehash Media, LLC

Not the prettiest interface, but a well laid out program

Works well for scheduling!

Pros

It is easy to use and schedule employees. The interface is easy to use and clean, without a lot of extra unnecessary clutter to distract from the main purpose of the program.

Cons

Seems a little like it is displaying on a Windows 98 computer. Love the simplicity, but the design could be a little more aesthetic.

Errol from Stringr

Easy to Use

Pros

I found it had most if the functionality I needed to schedule clients and manage their needs.

Cons

Needs a way to offer packages prior to scheduling

Michelle from Stericycle

Great software

Pros

The ease and flexibility to create a schedule

Cons

Nothing :-) I love this program. Scheduling is easy with this program

Elizabeth from Upstage Center

My overall experience with Schedulehead has been positive. In the past what I am currently doing on SH I was manually doing on excel so it has created a way for me to have a lot more information at my finger tips.

Pros

The ability to communicate with all employees and have a structured system.

Cons

It is still a work in progress, and I like least at the moment is the look of the new interface. I like the box like look of the old interface. Also, the fact I can not just call someone not booked on a call. It is a few steps to get to someones phone number and then its in their profile it is not a call option. I have to copy and paste the phone number.

Danielle from eat well

good program and easy to use

Pros

Cons

Some entries take more time than others but for the most part its pretty quick once you learn the ins and outs

Derrick from Upstage USA

Great System !

Pros

Cons

we should be able to send 3 verbal warnings to employees

Laura from ShowingTime

Schedulehead helps manage everything flawlessly

Pros

The ease of use and being able to keep schedules and appointments organized within one program

Cons

No complaints about the software currently. I will continue to use it within my team.

Devon from Self employed

Great Value

Pros

Product is very user friendly helps me and my staff with out scheduling needs from a-z

Cons

I have no negative reviews in my opinion

Jayme from Enchanted Entertainment

Solid scheduling system

Positive.

Pros

I like that it is straightforward, easy to use.

Cons

I am a tiny busy scheduling birthday party characters. I need lots of people who work very sporadically in their free time. I wish there was an option to have more than 10 workers in my case for free. I HATE the new view. Wish there was an option to just select the old view forever.

Dean from Keyboarding Online

I enjoyed using Schedulehead

Overall, I trialed the program and then purchased because the software filled a very important need in my business.

Pros

I was able to use several of the features to make my life much easier. The things I needed were all included and the documentation was way easy to follow. Support was great for the few questions I had.

Cons

It could have just been my internet, but occasionally it would load a little slow. It only happened at the home, so I suspect that my internet is to blame.

Small AV company

Pros

An easy way for the small management team and all freelancers to see where we're at in real time

Cons

Unable to assign staff to multiple events in one day. Advising of a clash is a great feature, but an option to override / accept anyway would be a very useful feature.

Jacob from Harris Center

Industry: Performing Arts

Schedulehead review

We use it for scheduling crews at a performing arts center.

Pros

The main reason we have this software is because of price.

Cons

We make it work for our needs but it's far from ideal. The old view was actually a little easier to find shifts and add requested workers.

Deborah from The Nickelodeon Theater

Works well for my small group of employees

Scheduled makes organizing my teams availability and hours incredibly easy.

Pros

This software makes it incredibly easy to update, organize, and edit employee schedule and availability on the fly.

Cons

If you are working with more than 40 employees this software can become a little more expensive and tedious to navigate.

Joseph from Joseph and Co.

Very Satisfied

Pros

It is very easy to use. It made my life a lot easier scheduling employees

Cons

There was not much that I didnt like. Some associates took a little figuring out with getting set up but after it was smooth sailing

Tim from Optic IP LLC

Schedulehead is cool!

Pros

I liked the ease of use and intuitiveness of the application. It was easy to just put tthe info in and then look at it at a glance. There was no guessing or digging to find what I was looking for.

Cons

There really wasn't anything I didn't like. The software filled a need I had and did it well. It had all the features that I was looking for.

Jesse from Ciss

Industry: Public Safety

Great concept but needs more developing

Pros

Ease of use and ability to clock in remotely with a picture and gps tag

Cons

Very buggy and no way to punch in multiple people

Alaric from Order of Olympia LLC

Wasting resources

Schedulehead is a waste of time and money.

Pros

There is nothing worth noting about this product.

Cons

The customer service is probably the worst.

Response from Schedulehead

Replied October 2018

Hi Alaric, Thank you for taking your time to review Schedulehead, that's important to us. I'm sorry to hear that you think our customer service is the worst, we pride ourselves on having no hold times with knowledgeable, dedicated experts to help you through the process. I see you never added any workers to your account and only used the app for a few minutes. If you haven't already found another solution, I'd like to invite you back for a phone call with a Client Success Engineer to learn if Schedulehead is a good fit for your needs. Thanks again!

Justin from Walmart

Ok software, just not great

Good at managing multiple task schedule with multiple employees.

Pros

I love the ability to do split shifts. The number of people it allows you to add to a shift is decent.

Cons

Not easy to use. Only allows you limited number of tasks to schedule for.

Nelson from Juana E Luster DDS PC

Easy, and free, to use!

It has not let me down yet!

Pros

Very easy to learn, does the basics which is very helpful, and it's free to use!

Cons

It could have a nicer user experience and graphic design.

Definitely Helps

Not bad it is worth trying..

Pros

Easy to use overall. Nice layout and overall its not bad.

Cons

I don't like paying for things so, yea there is that.

Damian from Homes

Easy to Use

Pros

How easy it is to have a neat, organized schedule at your fingertips.

Cons

I didn't like how my app kept crashing from all the bugs.

Sarah from Harley Davidson Michigan City

Good Scheduler

We enjoy that you can allow employees to request certain shifts. The auto text robot is a great feature and takes the stress away from having to juggle shift filling. The check in feature is a great way to keep track of employees when they are off usual business grounds.

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly, flexible, versitle, and quick to learn & navigate around

Cons

A little pricey, but not unrealistic. The free trial was at least a nice way to familiarize ourselves with the program before deciding whether or not we wanted to commit to it.

Schedulehead Schedules Best

Overall, Schedulehead makes producing films and shoots a lot easier for my team and I. From an organizational standpoint, it's made a world of difference.

Pros

I love that Schedulehead allows you to schedule different actors for different shoots, and that saves time on sending out individual emails. It keeps everything organized so there are less headaches.

Cons

I least like the price. But I understand that they have to make money somehow. Maybe they could improve their support network for the price.

Roberto from Connecticut veterinary center

Industry: Veterinary

Really liked it

Really like it. I wish I could use it as our main scheduler

Pros

It's very easy to use and how mobile friendly it is.

Cons

The copy and paste needs a bit more work Wish there was a way to make the schedule fit a whole month on either a single legal or letter sized paper.

Anthony from La Tapatia Tortilleria, Inc.

Industry: Food Production

Great Tool for Lite Scheduling

Very nice piece of software to perform lite scheduling tasks and trend schedule history. Easy to use, although I would like a bit more insightful suggestions when it comes to call-in situations in a future update.

Pros

Very easy to use interface. Clear instruction/help portions. Can assign a set type of schedule frame and make tweaks as necessary.

Cons

Could be a bit more predictive/intuitive when it comes to schedule changes. Suggestion: maybe a call-in suggester, something that allows you to input a call-in and the software recommends a person on your team to cover in light of balancing hours, and allowing for sufficient rest time.

Tested and ultimately went with other scheduling software

Pros

Covered basic needs, and has a lot of extra features like the ability to automate scheduling and text notifications for employees

Cons

Very specialized, works very well for certain types of businesses but for most the extra features just make it a bit clunky

February 2014

George from Paxton Contracting LLC

February 2014

Simple and Quick to use

I own a mid sized contracting company and this program has been a godsend. With shifting locations and a large crew. I did receive a survey from them once as Pablo mentioned. Didn't seem spammy to me though... All in all, they are much more affordable than their competitors and have helped me to eliminate the need for a full time scheduler.

Simple solution

Pros

The software allows the chaos of a collision calendar and simplifies it

Cons

Utilizing the app with notifications is slightly complicated to set up for the first time.

Bryanna from County

Industry: Government Relations

Ok like the rest

Eh-

Pros

Relatively simple to figure out with minimal learning curve.

Cons

Does not allow full functionality like creating timeslots for days of work and just plugging staff in to pre-carved out slots

Elle from Preservation Virginia

Great product

Pros

This software is easy to use. The user interface is nice.

Cons

The cost didn't fit with my organization's needs unfortunately.

Rishi from Michigan State University

Pros

Easy and simple. Useful and promising interaction.

Cons

Can sometime be laggy, which makes for frustrating wait times.

RobinLee from San marvelous

Scheduling

Pros

It was functional and organized. Appealing to the eye.

Cons

Wish it had the ability to do other functions.

William from Gloucester Stage Company

Industry: Performing Arts

Makes Scheduling a Breeze

Pros

This software takes the horror out of scheduling. Scheduling is the bane of most manager's existence and this allows flexibility to those of us that have varying schedules during tech weeks, off-seasons, etc...

Cons

We no longer use it because it wasn't cost-efficient for us but we miss it!

Easy to work with

the grid vs linear view has been great for folks to get a handle on what is going on.. certain types like one view, others the other one.. in my eyes what ever works and it does for one

Pros

Overall pretty intuitive for non-IT folks like myself

Cons

Sometimes clunky interface , just certain parts

Manuel from Sierra Vista Realty

The best!

Pros

Its easy, its simple and it is the best!

Cons

It cant get any better than this that's for sure.

January 2014

Jason from Caminito Catering

January 2014

Great Stuff

We use this product to schedule our staff of over 100 employees and it works great. We used to have to keep someone on staff full-time to do the work that this little gem does by itself!

Nice tool for employee scheduling!

Worked great for managing my internal team.

Pros

Definitely price. Easy to use with a good learning curve. Good templates to get started.

Difficult to Navigate

I never got an explanation on how to use it. I did not go through the tutorial but there were so many features that it overwhelmed me.

Pros

I liked the features offered. I wish I could know more about how to use them.

Cons

It was very hard to move around the website. I was disappointment.

You Have To Make This The New Business Help

Pros

The ability to use this app on my phone. Text email group. It gets the job done

Cons

I can't dream of anything else. It's a complete God send

Richard from CareHandOff

Light user

Using it for prospects to schedule appointments

Pros

Interface was good and easy to understand so did not take much to understand

Cons

Integration with my calendars was difficult - more to do with iOS calendar

Simple to use, basic features

Pros

It was very easy to use. I didn't need to read a bunch of manuals to understand it.

Cons

We have a very complex schedule which is difficult to implement in any tool.

Sam from Homewood suites by Hilton

Pros

I really like that this software is free

Cons

User interface is hard to get used to but once you get used to it it's fine.