What are SeekOut users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SeekOut software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ease of use, intuitive design and functionality, filter options, interface, reporting and campaign outreach abilities. Email/contact information research function."
  • icon"Specifically, what I like about SeekOut is the ability to aggregate data from Linkedin Public Profiles with other social sites like GitHub."
  • icon"My favorite use of Seekout is as a talent intelligence tool. My second favorite use is to help find/augment data from preexisting lists."
  • icon"I'll find someone on SeekOut and then I'll want to go to their LinkedIn profile - but it takes me to their public profile and then I have to click to view in recruiter."
  • icon"Data refresh could be sooner, some missing links."
  • icon"The data lag with LinkedIn is my biggest issue because you're forced to check LinkedIn to make sure the potential candidate hasn't changed jobs recently."

Browse all SeekOut Reviews

• Have you used SeekOut and would like to share your experience with others?

Adam

What a great tool for sourcing

Overall, it is my go-to sourcing tool!

Pros

The power filters are a great feature, I even had the team create custom power filters for me which was a great thing to have done to assist with my daily searches. I use the messaging tool constantly for drip campaigns. The github search is awesome looking for devs

Cons

The AI sourcing can be improved with better matches

Reasons for choosing SeekOut

The salesperson reach out quicker

Evelyn

Seekout Review:)

Great team great service. Couldn’t ask for better!

Pros

I absolutely love the team, you are always happy to help and no request is impossible. You have great relationships with your clients and it reflects in your product. Keep up the great work

Cons

Sometimes when I’m enriching data I have to hit the button a few times, not a big deal but if it’s over 100 profiles I’ll need to hit it a few times.

Reasons for choosing SeekOut

I wasn’t involved in the selection but I’m sure it was our sourcing team.

Reasons for switching to SeekOut

Better results and most importantly, the customer service

The Evolution of a Great Talent Sourcing Tool

I have used SeekOut as a tool to augment information about target talent audiences. SeekOut's ability to aggregate social data has been a game-changer. SeekOut Expert has been a valuable addition to its offering. SeekOut insights have been valuable in terms of visualizing information that illustrates trends that TA leadership values. Finally, SeekOut's ability to integrate with our CRM has been extremely valuable.

Pros

SeekOut is a product that has done their background research on what the talent acquisition marketplace needed. They listened and made the improvements the market requested. Now as the organization has evolved, SeekOut is not anticipating and leading in innovation in this key software segment. Specifically, what I like about SeekOut is the ability to aggregate data from Linkedin Public Profiles with other social sites like GitHub. I am particularly enjoying the SeekOut expert and other features that facilitate original research on target talent.

Cons

I am skeptical about the ability of AI-based on the limited information contained on a LinkedIn public profile to be robust enough to really make a positive impact. The beauty of AI is its ability to process big data and make recommendations based on parsing lots of information. Also, I find there are about 15-20% fewer people with public LinkedIn profiles that are found on LinkedIn's own platforms. Finding a way to add those missing profiles would be an added addition. Finally, increasing the number of home email addresses fro the target talent is an ongoing challenge. While improvements are made, this might be an area where AI can shine.

Reasons for choosing SeekOut

Again, the ease of use which led to greater user adoption and the value of SeekOut Expert and other features.

Reasons for switching to SeekOut

Easy of use and value of SeekOut expert.

Jessie

Great tool that speads up the identification of candidates!

Pros

I love the fact that you can source for candidates from multiple platforms / networks, manage projects, find contact details and create messaging campaigns on one unique tool. The diversity filter is great too. The insights are very helpful.

Cons

Unfortunately, messaging campaigns are independent from the projects so you have to manually update the statuses of your candidates when they respond. Xing.com and Viadeo.fr are not supported (FR and DE professional networks) It seems like Seekout finds less candidates than x-ray searching.

Reasons for choosing SeekOut

Seekout is more boolean friendly and the insights are good!

LIR was too expensive.

Response from SeekOut

We have been making incremental improvements on our messaging feature. Please reach out to support@seekout.com with specific enhancement requests so we can address.

Logan

Seekout Review

Our experience with Seekout so far has been awesome. The team has been extremely hands on, helpful and very supportive as we implement to our global TA team. The product itself is sophisticated, easy to use/navigate and has unlocked insights/profiles the team would not have access to otherwise.

Pros

The product has been easy for the team to grasp and learn from a sourcing perspective. The insights have been extremely valuable.

Cons

The only major con so far for some of our high volume teams would be the limited number of export credits each month.

Reasons for switching to SeekOut

Usage was extremely low and insights were not beneficial or valuable for the team.

Michelle

April 2022

SeekOut is my new favorite platform to Source on!

SeekOut has been the most helpful tool for me in finding a large amount of qualified people and the diversity feature is really great!

Pros

The search function is really easy to use and intuitive. The results I get back are very relevant and I get a very high amount more so than other job sites. The export function is also great and again the ease of use of the entire site is so important to me as I don't have to spend a lot of time on trainings and ramp up time to get used to a new platform, I was able to jump in from day 1. The links in a person's profile is super helpful.

Cons

I'm not sure if this is a Con or a feature that is optional but I'm not able to download a resume or profile.

Reasons for switching to SeekOut

SeekOut was easier to use and search results were more relevant

Great resource

Very positive

Pros

Customer support and great option to LinkedIn

Cons

The ability to extract ALL data is critical

Eric

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Seekout Review

Excellent tool, I tell everyone I know about it.. every interview I do, I tell them they need to get it.

Pros

I think it is the best AI in the HR systems sector... the Diversity capabilities are superior to any other tool out there. The ability to see github and Linkedin together is genius

Cons

messaging is still clunky, ability to share with a hiring manager someone your excited about is harder than it should be. ability to share with another recruiter, "hey this person would be good for your job" is too time cosuming

Reasons for choosing SeekOut

the AI, I tell it to go find x and it brings back x not a,b,c,d and a little x. far superior to linkedin in this fashion.

Love the SeekOut team

SeekOut is a critical tool that we use to source diverse first. It is helpful in saving custom Boolean searches as well. The SeekOut team is phenomenal. They are very helpful, make themselves available to help find solutions to any roadblocks and strategize to increase adoption within the team.

Pros

The ability to quickly filter according to diversity goals is fantastic. The custom power filters are very helpful as the Boolean doesn’t break like it does in LinkedIn. The insights features help with talent mapping.

Cons

The experience is clunky when it comes to navigating from SeekOut to LinkedIn Recruiter if the outbound campaign leads with an InMail. But that seems more to do with LinkedIn’s API than SeekOut.

Great tool

I really enjoy using this product, from the availability of the liaisons at Seekout, to the ability to create power filters, to the DEI search functions, as well as the ability to search on other platforms (ie. github, meetups, linkedin, etc).

Pros

The ability to source with power filters and DEI functions.

Cons

The load times can take a while, and occasionally I need to refresh halfway through building a search.

Katherine

Easy as 1...2...3

Overall, SeekOut has allowed me to be more strategic in my sourcing efforts and has improved my relationships with hiring managers.

Pros

SeekOut's sourcing solution is by far the best in the industry. On top of providing an exceptional product, they not only listen to my suggestions but actually implement them into the product!

Cons

I wish there was a male diversity filter similar to women.

Reasons for choosing SeekOut

SeekOut provides more accurate candidate contact information than competitors.

Reasons for switching to SeekOut

LinkedIn Recruiter is too expensive for what it gives. InMails don't work.

Seekout Saves Time!

Pros

Seekout's filters make sourcing for specific positions so easy! Instead of spending hours going through LinkedIN profiles, I can perform a quick, detailed search on Seekout using their filters that narrows down prospective candidates to those that actually fit the profile. Great tool!

Cons

I wish that the lag between updates on LinkedIN profiles was less. The profiles Seekout pulls may be 30-45 days old, so you miss people that recently updated their profile.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

March 2022

SeekOut is Great for building diverse pipelines

Pros

I love that diversity and inclusion is at the heart of this company. It’s a strong focus for my team since we primarily source based on diversity.

Cons

I think a lot of the candidates profiles are not updated. I’ve noticed that some profiles are extremely old in Seekout vs. looking at them in LinkedIn. It can be annoying when I find a great candidate and then realize they just started a new job two months ago.

Leigha

This product is very helpful

Identifying and sourcing quality candidates is my sole responsibility - this tool has helped me to be more effective in my job.

Pros

After a short training with the Seekout team, I found this product to be extremely helpful. It has identified candidates that LinkedIn couldn't. The clone function is best especially since my roles are very specific. Overall, I will be using this on a weekly basis!

Cons

Sometimes the contact information for candidates isn't the most up-to-date.

Russ

SeekOut Basic Review

SeekOut has provided our company with a great source of candidates and direct contact information and is a good tool for creating and maintaining talent pools. I've used it to support a client in their contract staffing needs (IT Consulting Co.) very well.

Pros

There are several features that the basic version has that we find very useful: - Filters for searches - Ability to exclude/include companies, titles, skills in searching - search down to the city area level - Being able to quickly create projects for searches - Finding contact information (personal emails, some ph #'s and even work emails) - The AI Recommendation of candidates once a project has been established. Great source of additional candidates possbilities.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with ATS's ... at least not at the basic user level. It does allow for CMS file creation but has a limited # of pre-mapped tables you can use with other tools (11 in total). This could definitely be improved. Also, direct integration would be an improvement where you could send candidates into your ATS directly without downloading. There seems to be a growing number of outdated profiles in the system. SeekOuts database needs to be updated more often.

Reasons for choosing SeekOut

More cost-effective and better sourcing option!

Reasons for switching to SeekOut

SeekOut searches and AI are much easier to utilize over LOXO's very cumbersome setup.

Response from SeekOut

We appreciate the review, Russ. SeekOut integrates with over 20 different ATS & CRM systems. You can read about it here: https://support.seekout.io/hc/en-us/categories/360004811831-Integrate-your-ATS

Patricia

Need to work out some of the kinks ... but could be a great tool for some recruiters.

Overall good experience, not great, but I'm good (not great) with Boolean searches. I was testing another AI product alongside, and found it easier to find candidates with the other product. The other product really has a good AI/machine learning feature, while SeekOut requires you to use more Boolean-driven search features. If you're comfortable with Boolean, then then you'll be fine using SeekOut. Finally, I think the ability to use SeekOut to effectively search through Github for IT recruiting is a really powerful offering from SeekOut, and could be a game changer. I didn't do this, but my friends who do way more IT recruiting than I do say SeekOut is their tool of choice because of this feature.

Pros

Email campaign features are great. I liked that once you set up an email campaign, it was easy to add candidates to the project and the campaign. I liked that there is an analytics dashboard for each specific campaign. I liked that that emailing through SeekOut integrates with your email, so you don't have to be on SeekOut to respond. I like that you can look at the various emails attached to a candidate and determine which the most valid one to use in your campaign. Finally, outstanding customer service.

Cons

Email campaign features need improvement. It's not intuitive to set up the campaign. Once you set it up, it works easily, but getting there may require help from customer service. The analytics related to the campaign aren't consistent or accurate. You will see which emails bounced in the first 24 hours, but then the "bounced" tag reverts to "opened," which skews your data and doesn't allow you to follow up with those candidates via another email or a call if you don't catch it right away. Also, if the email bounces, and there are other emails attached to the candidate, SeekOut doesn't automatically email the candidate at one of those other addresses. You have to do it manually.

Trish

Has some great features, but needs a bit of tweeking

Recruiting tech talent requires as much personalization as one can get on the candidates you are recruiting. SeekOut gives intel on the candidates' LinkedIN profiles and their GitHub repos, which are both a great resource when emailing or even calling these individuals.

Pros

I love that it incorporates GitHub and LinkedIn features.

Cons

I dislike that the signatures that you can make for yourself seem a little sloppy. I also dislike that I am required to create a new signature for each messaging campaign. Oftentimes I will do a search and then continue to add profiles to projects. If I've already sent individuals to a campaign and I want to add new ones, I need to create a whole new campaign so that the original candidates don't get re-sent all of the campaign emails. So, I am creating multiple series of the same campaign (Java Devs Atlanta I/Java Devs Atlanta II/Java Devs Atlanta III/etc) as I add individuals with the same profiles to my projects. I hope this makes sense. If the system recognizes that certain individuals have already been put through the campaign, they will not be resent it. I hope that makes sense. IF not, I am happy to speak with someone.

LinkedIn Jobs

Additional features (GitHub) and price

Melisa

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

SeekOut is awesome for technical searches

Phenomenal software, very easy to use, great algorithms for tough searches

Pros

Search algorithm accurately identifies more candidates than other software we've used

Cons

Resume search from internet; this only really enables us to import LinkedIn profiles vs. resumes from personal websites, etc. Also, getting from the project to the campaign is clunky - I wish you could add to the campaigns like you can to the projects.

Reasons for choosing SeekOut

For the search functionality and metrics capabilities

Reasons for switching to SeekOut

SeekOut is more useful for heavily technical searches, which is what we do more of. It also has improved on the diversity features, which is why we originally opted for entelo.

Joe

My SeekOut comparison with others

Great. The platform is easy to use and the Chrome extension is good too.

Pros

SeekOut functionality and UI were better than others I demonstrated. Also, SeekOut's outreach messaging automation is pretty good too.

Cons

SeekOut is a little bit more expensive than others and they limit their contact credits with no rollover.

Mentioned above - SeekOut's functionality, UI and messaging automation

Reasons for switching to SeekOut

Besides switching from Hiretual, I also demoed AmazingHiring, and previously used Entelo. Hiretual I didn't feel was meeting my needs anymore. AmazingHiring, that was a tough decision especially since their cost was a bit more affordable, but SeekOut won me over.

Expensive but Unbeatable Search Capabilities

I'm very disappointed SeekOut increased its price by almost 200% and eliminated their monthly subscriptions. For almost every search, I rely on my custom boolean vs. using only their filters. Because I don't utilize all of SeekOut's features, we're still unsure if the price increase is worth it but will re-assess at the end of the year.

Pros

I really enjoy being able to use their pre-populated search features in addition to the custom advance search features. I'm able to narrow down candidates with very particular skills and experience with no problem. I also really enjoy that you can request contact info (not always available /accurate). It's super helpful that your search is automatically saved/attached to the project in which you added your search results, so you don't have to worry about where you left off!

Cons

Not much that I don't enjoy. They could improve by making it easier to navigate back and forth from the project and search page. It would help if they offered more project ranking options. Also, when using * in the keyword/boolean search, it would help if the results would show the corresponding keyword on the profile (just like the regular search feature).

Reasons for choosing SeekOut

Better search options, capabilities, and candidate database

Frank

User friendly with great customized search results and real time market analytics

We are trying to solve the business problem of hiring diverse talent in the market and Seekout does a great job of helping us to identify the right candidates. They don't just do that by showing us who is diverse, but they do it by allowing us access to analytics based on search criteria enabling us to work with our hiring teams to make business decisions that help us achieve these goals...

Pros

I felt the greatest features were certainly the ability to narrow down searches based on diversity criteria, the search capability and ability to pull personal contact info (including email and phone), and the ability to export that data into a CSV and drop it into our existing ATS (Beamery) with ease (little to no modifications). That being said, the most impactful feature is the People Analytics button. I loved this feature because it gives us the opportunity to share real-time candidate market info with our hiring managers helping make educated decisions on hiring. Especially when considering diversity, remote work hiring decisions, location of hire, etc... Loved this feature!

Cons

Thus far I have nothing negative to really write about the product that the customer success team has not been able to identify and fix. We have addressed a few minor issues but they were remedied quickly. Very happy to date...

Response from SeekOut

Thank you for your amazing review! We believe at SeekOut that great people create companies. We're glad our tool is helping you succeed in maximizing your talent.

Kim

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Seekout Review

We are generally very happy with Seekout with the exception of occasional profiles being outdated.

Pros

We really love the diversity filter and the power filters. Very user friendly and easy to use. Team very much enjoys using seekout.

Cons

There are many profiles that are outdated or not up to date in seekout. Many people are no longer with the companies and do not match their Linkedin profiles. ALso, for some reason if you are doing a search in a geographic area such as NYC you get people from San Fran or other places. Not sure why that happens.

Reasons for choosing SeekOut

based on reviews and comments from peers

Response from SeekOut

We aim for the freshest available profiles. We have also made improvements to our geographic searching to make it easier to focus on specific locations.

Joel

Great

Pros

SeekOut's filters allow you to hone in on the talent you're looking for a lot quicker than normal. It provides a way for us to filter FOR diversity which then gives our team a leg up balancing their pipeline of candidates. Another aspect of SeekOut that I love is that we are able to do a lite market map of candidates using the filters that are in place - that can be shared with people who don't have access to Seekout like leaders.

Cons

When looking at the insights for projects made up of candidates in other continents - you aren't able to get a global breakdown of diversity (ie % of females are in this project). I think the product is still growing internationally so I can't wait until it's as robust as the candidates based in the USA. In some cases, the profiles are either not updated with a candidate's latest move (within 6 months) or clicking on their Linkedin profile leads to a broken link. That's likely because the person has changed the URL in their Linkedin since the last time Seekout updated their database.

Jayson

Industry: Biotechnology

SeekOut review 03.24.2020

SeekOut is a tool that I am happy my company uses

Pros

Diversity filter. Finding emails. Market insights.

Cons

Not integrated with applicant tracking system/customer relationship manager. Only has public profiles on LinkedIn and not all profiles. Life sciences features need to evolve for biotech industry. Does not have collaboration features to show work of other users at my company.

Reasons for switching to SeekOut

Price, ease of use, and quality of search results

Response from SeekOut

We've recently added these features. Talk to your CSM or support@seekout.com.

User Review

Pros

The search functions are pretty versatile and accuracy is good; also the Chrome extension is very helpful.

Cons

The search functions target sites/apps that are oriented more towards software engineers; we recruit in hardware so we don't have much use for them. We can only really leverage LinkedIN with it.

Reasons for choosing SeekOut

We also use SignalHire but not HireTual; we didn't find it as effective for our needs.

SeekOut