SentricHR

SentricHR Reviews

RATING:

• icon"We recently added the recruitment module and that has been very helpful for our recruiting and compliance efforts. Customer support is very prompt and helpful."
  • icon"I no longer have to handle my payroll which makes it much easier to conduct and run my business. Given the pricing and strong customer support, it has been a welcome addition to our processes."
  • icon"Ease of use, thoroughness by implementation team, integration of talent, personnel and payroll information."
  • icon"This is probably also a lack of knowledge on my part."
  • icon"As a recent new user of this software it is hard to define any true cons that could not be attributed to my own user error or inexperience at this point."
  • icon"Not able to integrate with other HR Software, No Onboarding and no areas to confidentially store personnel file information."

All SentricHR Reviews

Suzanne

Industry: Machinery

Fully integrated HR platform and exceptional customer service!! Unheard of combo until SentricHR

Sentric has consistently offered a manageable platform form for integrated HR services (payroll, benefits, etc.) combined with easy to use self-service features but the greatest value Sentric provides is in their customer service. They offer proactive training sessions and respond quickly to any and all issues. They truly offer best in class service in addition to a strong HRIS platform.

Pros

Ease of administration for a full integrated HRIS platform...payroll processes seamlessly based on the time and attendance module, open enrollment is no longer painful, data is easily accessible through standard and custom reporting features, and tax filings are completed faster than ever assuring compliance.

Cons

The only "negative" which really isn't a negative is the implementation process. It can feel overwhelming to have so many options, particularly when you are a small organization, but the implementation team is there every step of the way to guide you and ensure you are set up for success on the system for your current and future needs.

Reasons for choosing SentricHR

Sentric was comparable in price to the final contenders but won out based on their exceptional customer service model.

Reasons for switching to SentricHR

Primary reason for making a change was previous provider was managing tax and benefit payments erroneously.

Response from Sentric

Thanks so much, Suzanne! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a thoughtful review.

Replied October 2020

Alison

Industry: Utilities

Sentric

Mostly it is a good system. We've had some difficulties with canceling time off requests and setting up schedules.

Pros

The ability to look up information on employees, store documents, and initiate pay increases and title changes.

Cons

There are some quirks. example you have to be careful about when you input a change in relation to the effective date. Payperiod ending must also be after the paycheck run or it is effected in that time between the end of payperiod and paycheck

Reasons for choosing SentricHR

The ability to customize and features available.

Derek

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

The entire platform needs an improvement from web portal to mobile application.

Adding data into a central location.

Pros

I like that I can see my PTO and W2 information. I can easily review my teams hours for the previous and current pay period.

Cons

* Mobile application on android is flakey and disconnects constantly even though GPS /location services are enabled. * There are many times I used the mobile app and it caused multiple punches which in the end annoys me and HR to fix. * Everytime I submit a review for an employee, I get an error to contact the system admin. By the way I am the director of IT and this is super annoying to have managers call my department for software that is not managed by us. * after submitting a review the format is stripped and becomes a huge paragraph and hard to actually conduct a review. You should keep the format or all HTML. * Employees that are salary should be able to manage there own time and fix there mistakes in punching in and out. I have to review and approve anyways later for payroll. This is an extra step that causes distractions for both management and employee. * The web interface is not responsive. * the home page should nit display any sensitive information, because when I am conducting a review, I have to login to my account. Employees should never see my PTO. * Its easy to see how much hours my employee works in time and attendance, but its harder to see my own time per pay period, Why? * It was not intuitive to find how to create additional punches or modify segments. having an icon or visual display would help. I have more to add, you can give me a call.

Yvonne

Industry: Mining & Metals

SentricHR for Mid-Size Companies

Pros

The support team is the best! They are very responsive and correct any issues on a timely basis.

Cons

The reporting is a little lacking and could be easier to develop you r own reports. and make it easier to build and use the fields in the system to build reports.

Reasons for choosing SentricHR

The price for SentricHR was the best and we didn't need a lot of what the other system had.

Response from Sentric

We appreciate your feedback and continued partnership, Yvonne! Some customers have found it helpful to schedule a 30-minute, one-on-one Connect Session with a member of the Product Support team to build out custom reports. Please reach out to us if that's something you're interested in!

Jessica

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Sentric is Amazing!

Pros

Sentric makes all aspects of employee payroll, benefits, absences and performance management easy to use.

Cons

Printing the performance reviews is very cumbersome and could use updated. It takes multiple clicks and time to get to the final PDF download to print. Many times, employees give up thinking the system isn't working and HR has to pull for them.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Jessica! We've shared your feedback with our product team, and they may reach out to you if they need additional information. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to continuing to support your team's success with SentricHR!

Joe

Customer support is great

Pros

The people are great and the software is flexible enough to get everything we need

Cons

Would like to be able to export to excel more

Ownership change

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your review and continued partnership, Joe!

Lisa

New User to Sentric

The customer service is incredible! I have worked with other payroll software that I thought had wonderful customer service, but it did not hold a candle to Sentric. Great response time along with the knowledge needed to solve my issues/cases. Cannot say enough about their support team.

Pros

Sentric is incredibly user friendly. I have used Sentric for about six months and have found it is very easy to pick up on the software. Within two pay cycles, I was processing payroll cycles without any assistance.

Cons

When adding PTO through the paystub, it does not automatically deduct from the Absence Enrollments banks once the pay cycle closes. A manual adjustment must be made in Sentric.

Reasons for choosing SentricHR

I was hired into the position and Sentric was already being used.

Response from Sentric

Hi Lisa - we appreciate your review! Our support team works hard to exceed expectations, and we'll be sure to share your kind words with them. We've also forwarded your comment about PTO over to Product Support to review. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us feedback!

Replied December 2022

Kyla

Like the product!

Pros

It is a fairly easy system. I usually have no issues with inputting time and managing it for all of our employees. I also like the page that shows the employee information and payment history. Very easy to download and get the information needed for monthly reporting.

Cons

I am not particularly a fan of having to input the time in military time. I am not sure if this is maybe a function that was put in by our admin, but I would change this

Response from Sentric

We appreciate your feedback, Kyla! We've sent your comments over to our Support Team, and someone will reach out to you soon to help update your time function to better suit your needs. Thanks again for your review!

Pamela

Industry: Utilities

I am still getting acclimated to Sentric, so I am not experienced enough to give an accurate rating.

Pros

The system is fairly easy to use, I appreciate that it has an all in one capability. The time system is similar to another I have used in the past (Attendance on Demand), making my learning curve shorter.

Cons

I would prefer to have an 800# to call for support, versus only being able to send an email and wait on a response. Each time a request for an adjustment is made to the system we are charged an additional fee. This may be the way our contract was set up prior to my time, not sure. Reporting cannot be relied upon, or certain parameters are not being used correctly affecting reports. Not a fan of the way the history on an employees record is viewed.

Allison

Great

Pros

Simple, efficient, excellent customer service when I need assistance

Cons

Not entirely intuitive, I've needed a lot of help and training

Response from Sentric

Thanks so much for your review, Allison!

Justin

February 2022

Excellent Software with Many Options

The staff at Sentric have been incredibly responsive and friendly. They are more than ready to take time out of their day to help with a solution of any kind. If the company doesn't have an immediate solution for an issue, they are willing to brainstorm and come up with solutions not only to better our experience but to use to improve the experiences of other companies. They do not shirk the chance to develop new avenues to improve overall customer experience.

Pros

The ease of use as well as the clarity with which things are presented, both from an administrative position and an employee position, is a breath of fresh air compared to the system we were using previously. It's an open environment with a lot of room for customization which can help us to engage employees in using the software as well as adapt to our ongoing needs.

Cons

We are missing a few specific integrations for our company's needs but nothing that we can't work around. The staff at Sentric are already helping us to build out some solutions for the missing pieces.

Reasons for choosing SentricHR

We determined that SentricHR gave the most bang for our buck and matched best with our company's needs. Definitely the most affordable and best solution in the mid-market range.

Reasons for switching to SentricHR

Customer service with Paycor was like continuously ramming your head into a brick wall. We were assigned no fewer than three different specialists as our main point of contact over my tenure here and none of them were responsive. When they did respond to a specific problem, their suggestion was usually to call the main support line. We received no personalized service and their messaging was always very unclear. The left hand never knew what the right hand was doing and they would constantly lead us on wild goose chases and hours on hold to deal with even the simplest of issues.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your thoughtful review, Justin! We really appreciate it, and we are glad you are having a great experience so far. We look forward to a longstanding partnership!

Replied February 2022

Trisha

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great Value System!

Overall, the implementation process went very smoothly. Everything progressed according to the initial timeline we put in place. There were a few snags along the way when the capabilities the system offered didn't line up with the promises made by the sales team. While most are not game changers, there were a couple that were heavier considerations in my decision making of which system to use, and if I'd known the actual system capabilities, I can't say for sure whether I would have made the same decision.

Pros

This system looks like it will grow easily with our company. It has more indepth features than many of the systems I looked at.

Cons

The ease of use is restricted somewhat. It sounds like a little thing, but you can't hit "Enter" as an input button, you have to use the mouse to click on a tiny arrow or a submit button each time. Just makes everything take a little bit longer.

Reasons for choosing SentricHR

The customer service model that was promised was probably the biggest selling point. While Sentric doesn't have a single point of contact for customer service, the sales rep indicated we would have a team of 2-3 individuals. It was sold as better than single point of contact in case someone was on vacation, etc. When it actually came down to it, we have a team of about 9 individuals, and the customer service manager said that's how it's been, that he's not sure why I was told 2-3. So far, I believe I've dealt with 3 different individuals. For customer service, there's a phone number, email and an online portal to submit a case. I've tried all three just to test the response time. On the phone, I've never had anyone actually answer. I've gotten put on hold for awhile, then finally was told there was no one to answer my call, and I needed to leave a voicemail. For "critical" issues, the response time is listed as 1-2 hours, but I was told in practice, it was really more like 10-15 minutes. So far, I've gotten my response within the listed timeframe, but nothing like 10-15 minutes. I'm hopeful it's just been the couple of cases I've had, and that I see those 10-15 minute timeframes when I have more critical issues.

Reasons for switching to SentricHR

Paycor used to operate with a single point of contact for customer service. They've switched to a queue system, and I waited on hold for hours multiple times. This went on for several months, and when I finally got to talk to a Paycor rep about it, he told me this is the way the world works...you pay more and you get less. They weren't going to go back to a single point of contact, and I had to figure out how to deal with the new system. My way was to actually find a new system...

Response from Sentric

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with so much detail, Trisha, it's much appreciated. Our team works really hard to exceed expectations, and we truly value your feedback. Your comments have been passed along to the appropriate people to review.

Replied June 2021

Adrianne

Sentric is a fabulous choice for ease of use and integration

The whole team from start to finish was STELLAR! They were friendly, helpful, and really took the time to make sure I understood how to set up different areas of the system. The training offered is great - I can watch a video on my own time, or schedule something one on one, or sign up for a live webinar.

Pros

Shopping for HRIS software is time-consuming. You will find that some have a lot of bells and whistles - then you dig into the demo and realize it is clunky and difficult to navigate and there are major pieces missing. SentricHR is the most complete HRIS software out there - they cover payroll, performance, benefits, onboarding, document storage, and probably more that I am leaving out. SentricHR was super easy to work with and answered every question in a timely manner.

Cons

This is silly, but it times out after 5 minutes if you are not active on the screen. This is for security purposes - but I am the type of person to work on 3 different screens and I work on one screen for a bit then come back to another screen to work - so it is a bit frustrating to have to log back in when I have not been active on the screen - but I am getting used to this and I understand the reasoning.

Reasons for choosing SentricHR

The contained the entire package of HR Products that I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to SentricHR

Does not combine payroll, benefits, onboarding, or document storage. The performance piece is too deep for our needs so we did not utilize it to the fullest extent.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Adrianne! Our Product Team works really hard to consistently meet expectations like yours, and we are thrilled to hear that SentricHR is hitting the mark for you and your team! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and look forward to a long-standing partnership.

Replied June 2021

Heather

Great product - very customizable

There were more limitations than what the sales person stated when I got my pitch and during the demo. I believe this is just a disconnect from sales to daily usage from an HR perspective. It would be nice for them to hire HR professionals to demo/sell their product if that is their target market. Overall, I really love the system. For the big HR tasks, they really hit the mark. For the tedious day-to-day, they could use some upgrading. I would absolutely recommend this product to other organizations.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use, not only for the adminstrators, but also for the individual employee. The app is GREAT! Works extremely well and can do almost everything you can do from the web version. Build team was fantastic to work with. I have a very complicated report that they were able to create in the Time platform so that this could be automated. The Performance Management platform is extremely customizable to multiple job positions.

Cons

Missed punches in the Time platform are tedious and time consuming. There is no way for the employee to enter a missed punch on their own. They have to email their supervisor to let them know and/or the supervisor has to track down the employee when reviewing the time card. The Help center seems to only touch on the basics. For the more in depth questions (not specific to my company), I still have to reach out to customer service for help. While they are extremely nice, helpful, and timely, I would like to find out more on my own and not have to submit a ticket and wait for someone to get back to me.

Reasons for choosing SentricHR

The implementation and annual PEPM fees were much lower than the others and I had more options. There was no restriction on document storage space. Some of the others focused on more of the applicant tracking side and not so much the HR daily. The platform itself was much easier to look at and use for the average employee.

Reasons for switching to SentricHR

We were transitioning to a full HRIS from a payroll/time keeping only platform and manual spreadsheets.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for putting so much thought and effort into your post, Heather. We're looking forward to continuing to grow our partnership with you and your team! Thanks for the constructive comments as well - we take them seriously and appreciate the candid feedback. They've been passed on to the appropriate people to review.

Replied May 2021