ScheduleFlex

ScheduleFlex Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Easy to use software, easy to learn, great functionality with great features for scheduling shift work."
  • icon"This is a great tool to manage our bar staff. We have a lot of part time teachers and this helps bring transparency."
  • icon"Shiftboard allows our casual staff members access to shifts via an online portal, which is especially useful as these staff are very rarely in building (unless on-shift)."
  • icon"The mobile apps are terrible, to the point of unusability."
  • icon"It's making it more difficult if staff starts to cancel shifts, than take it again, than drop it, so on."
  • icon"My biggest complaint about Shiftboard when it was our primary scheduling software was that it felt clunky and dated."

Have you used ScheduleFlex and would like to share your experience with others?

All ScheduleFlex Reviews

Pilly

Shiftboard is easy to use and super efficient.

I enjoy the simplicity of being able to search my teammates shifts and confirm the hours they have scheduled every week. Shiftboard is was to use and navigate through.

Pros

I really enjoy the easy access and the ability to add shifts for my Teammates like study Halls and Meeting s. Shiftboard notifies you of any errors if you are scheduling a shift for a date that is passed.

Cons

While Shiftboard is great there are times when I get reports of shifts not being added correctly causing teammates to miss the shift they did not know was scheduled.

Shifts and rotas without the drama!

Overall, we have found Shiftboard to be an incredibly good fit for our non-standard shift scheduling; online rotas are praised by our users for easy access when on-the-move, we find reporting through the exporting of CSV files useful, and it has allowed us to get rid of older overlapping systems that we previously used for shift tracking.

Pros

Shiftboard allows our casual staff members access to shifts via an online portal, which is especially useful as these staff are very rarely in building (unless on-shift). Users report that it is helpful to be able to access shift scheduling through a web browser On the rare occasion we have needed to contact support they have been very responsive and have answered our queries, and we have found it incredibly useful to be able to pull data out via CSV file for input into other systems that we run (although reporting could be further improved upon). Adding information that lives in other systems to casual staff individual user profiles means we have been able to decommission several systems that have previously been used to handle staff shifts for our employees. Users can be added to teams and groups to make administration easier.

Cons

From a user’s perspective based on feedback we’ve had, the web-based UI isn’t the most intuitive or clean-looking – I'm not sure how it fares compared to competitor systems but it could do with updating to a more modern look which would improve usability. Another point raised when receiving feedback from users was that it can seem a bit of a steep learning curve for new staff, but we have started to provide documentation and training for internal use so this is no longer an issue for us.

A near perfect site for coordinating shifts and people

A flawless solution for matching volunteers to gigs! I can count on Shiftboard to work everytime, to sign up for shifts, remind me of shifts, give me credit for the shifts I've completed, and to cancel when I have to.

Pros

In my experience, it is the best software for letting people sign up for shifts and for the venue to reach out for volunteers. I have been using it as a volunteer for about three years and have never encountered a glitch. It is extremely versatile and robust. It's easy to assign people to different teams and levels (regular team and gold team for VIP volunteers, for example).

Cons

If I have to answer what I like least, I'd say it's that there is a bit of learning curve to discover all of the features it makes possible. But that's mostly because it will do so much more than the basic.

Shiftboard transformed our organization's personnel scheduling system!

Ease of scheduling staff, ease of signing up for shifts by employees, organization of shift calendar that is accessible to all employees

Pros

Once you have a chance to work with it, it makes staffing a breeze. The customer service is fantastic and receptive to all questions. Our multi-generational personnel can all participate in the scheduling process, and different positions have access to different levels of involvement within that process. Prior to the adoption of Shiftboard for our organization, we used pen and paper to have over 100 employees sign up for various shifts. If pencil was used, staff would sometimes erase someone's shift and sign up in their place. It was a mess. Now everyone can plan their schedules from the comfort of their own home.

Alexander

Industry: Security and Investigations

Adequate, but has room for improvement.

Overall, it is a passable scheduling tool. Having worked with Deputy previously, I am finding the overall user experience somewhat disappointing. Since the program is not integrating with our payroll system at this time, I am reviewing it solely on the grounds of it's use as a tool for communicating schedules to my staff, and keeping track of who I have working. In this respect it is just adequate. If changes to shift dates/times/employees are made on short notice, the available schedule visualizations and inelegant user interface make it more frustrating and time consuming to change or delete a shift than it is worth, and the lack of an effective visual representation of the schedule from the employee side means it isn't used as often as I'd like. I often end up using text messages and email to communicate changes instead. Their willingness to work with my company's billing (Net 60) is greatly appreciated, and this flexibility should be a major selling point for larger organizations.

Pros

- Cost effective. - Shiftboard accounts receivable is willing to work with you on billing times. - Good array of features and tools. - Very good features for bulk assignments and automated help generating a schedule. (Good for large organizations or new sites needing a schedule generated.)

Cons

- Visualizations available for the calendar leave something to be desired. - Interface and controls are not the most user friendly I've seen. - Help documentation and live customer assistance is disappointing or non-existent. - Glitches and uncooperative UI elements have occurred more often than I'm used to.

Jared

I have had a very positive experience.

Pros

The team at shiftboard has great communication and has been able to customize shiftboard to our needs.

Cons

My managers would like to print month views of their calendar. The current month view print out doesn't meet our needs, but they are actively in development to improve this.

Brenda

Shiftboard is great! It has really helped my ability to organize and recruit volunteers.

Pros

I like the various ways you can use the software. It is also fairly simple on the front end, so users can figure it out fairly quickly. I also like the time keeping feature.

Cons

The back end can be a little confusing, as in trying to pull reports and the fact that you can't add more than one team to a shift is limiting. Also the timeclock feature is great but I wish it wouldn't be based on numerical values and instead on names.

Trina

We use shift board to allow our agent to chose their hours.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and its easy to teach other how to use it as well. I teach new users each week how to use shift board.

Cons

I would suggest adding a running timer to either the top right or left side of the screen, that way we dont have to stop scheduling to see how many hours we have confirmed. With a running timer it would just showyou that you have already scheduled 30 hours. Just an idea.

Malecia

Scheduling Made Easy

One of the contracting companies that I work with use Shiftgig as their means of scheduling and since then I have come across other companies that use it as well.

Pros

It is so easy to navigate and use this software. As a user I am able to sign up, sign in and message if needed for shifts (I can also accurately see my hours worked).

Cons

I have yet to have a problem with using this software so I have no cons to give.

Rick

Review from Woodson YMCA

I can't speak enough about Shiftboard and the amount of time and energy that the software has saved myself and other managers. I have no qualms about promoting the product to other departments and facilities.

Pros

I love how the product is able to track certifications. The trade board function has saves me a lot of time and energy. The document function and linking of certification to profile type has also saves time and paper. I really like that I can now create a schedule and not publish it until I am finished. Schedules we create are often in motion until publication. I like that staff are no longer receiving messages until the schedule is completed.

Cons

To send a message to team members I can either send to 1 or broadcast to all. It would be nice if there was the ability do a check box of multiple members to whom the message could be sent. That way those who we know are neither available or in need of the information will get the message.

Rowillie

Industry: Libraries

Shiftboard has made scheduling and timecard keeping so much easier for my team.

Ease of scheduling for me as the hiring supervisor and for my staff to schedule themselves within the parameters our department sets.

Pros

-The ease of scheduling and duplicating set schedules -Being able to tracker my staff's hours -Posting empty shifts for staff to pick up when they have sporadic availability -Ease of trading shifts

Cons

The UI changed sometime ago where in the weekly view that day's shifts aren't differentiated from the rest of the week. So if I wanted to see the full week schedule but also wanted to focus on the current day's shifts without going through the steps of filtering it, I no longer have that function. Also the color scheme is sometimes hard on the eyes.

M

Decent

We are kind of stuck with it because our employees are all learning to use it but we still have to do a lot more communication with them because SB is not user friendly. We are also constantly reaching out for support because your support team can only do one thing at a time. We can't cover multiple issues with one person or call

Pros

It eventually does what we need it to do.

Cons

Not very user friendly. To cater it to our needs we have to keep creating different teams or groups and it takes a lot of time since we have 300 employees that all fit into several different groups. The texting feature is too expensive and what was told to me in the beginning is not what is being charged

Carrie

We love Shiftboard!

We use this software for scheduling volunteers for a non-profit. Most of our volunteers are retirees, and many don't have much computer experience. This software is VERY user friendly, both for the volunteers, and for myself as an admin to get things set up. If we ever have questions, help is just a phone call away-on the same coast! I get emails from the company, just checking in. I've never dealt with a company with such great follow-through! Thank you!

Pros

User friendly, simple, lots of different options

Cons

Nothing, actually!

Heather

So far, I have had no issues with the Shiftboard software or technical support.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and that I can schedule my staff in multiple locations easily. It is also nice that I can set a store up with a schedule one year at at a time so that all my staff has to do is choose who is working.

Cons

I wish that if I need to delete someone's shift that I can do it from the shared view. It is time consuming to have to go back to shift view to delete and then back to shared view so that I can print off a copy.

Alex

Great product, makes scheduling easier to track and more efficient.

Pros

I like having the ability to be able to see all of the schedule in one place anywhere with internet access. Also being able to see all of our open slots makes it more efficient for the scheduler.