All Sogolytics Reviews

Reviewed March 2021

Easy for All to Use

Mavares

Reviewed July 2018

A good survey represents a clear business idea

Save time and effort with the best results in your business

PROS

The social sciences, as well as the disciplines related to trade and finance, build their research, results and conclusions using the different types of surveys. The SoGoSurvey platform offers a wide range of templates with their respective questions with a suitable format for the surveys, as well as the most common questions and answers, and the best thing is that it offers personalized design options, which allows you to distribute your surveys by different media. Then, complement your research with the reports module, which will allow you to analyze the data quickly and in real time through the reports module which can generate results in graphics, or if you wish, in diagrams of high professional level , which can be adjusted to your needs and requirements.

CONS

Every good system, in any field, must be checked according to the real needs of the organizations, since, although there is a "basic" version of this system, which is free, it is important to evaluate if it is possible to cover all of them. and each of the corporate needs. In general, these versions are very limited, so it is advisable to contact the support staff, who are always attentive to your requirements.

Cris

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2019

Easy to Use, Great Features for the Cost

I wanted a simple tool that I could use to create surveys including automatic responses so that I could continuously collect data on personality. SoGoSurvey was perfect for my needs - reasonably priced and including the features I needed. Embedding in my academic page is very easy and their customer service is very good.

PROS

It's easy to use and allows me to group multiple questions into one category to report the results to participants. When participants know they will see their results, they are more likely to respond to the survey. I also feel that for the features provided, the software is reasonably priced. My institution purchases Qualtrics, and while excellent, that software is priced beyond the means of typical individual researchers.

CONS

Since I'm so interested in the reporting features for participants, I'd love to see more bells and whistles there - for example, the ability to automatically calculate the overall averages for categories and contrast that average with the participant's would be very helpful. However, I understand that such an advanced feature would be unreasonable for the charged price.

Reason for choosing Sogolytics

For the price, the features offered were much better.

Reasons for switching to Sogolytics

Ease of creating the specific participant's report I wanted (automatic response to participants).

As always, we're so pleased to be your platform of choice for your research, Cris. Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review!

Replied December 2019

khulood

Used daily for free trial

Reviewed April 2018

great experience

PROS

I like the design of the website and the way we can work on it . and it was easy to distribute the survey in several ways. I enjoyed the great fun of working on this site. I also heard about the different tools that made the questionnaire distinctive. I will like to use this website in my all research and assignment during my three left semesters at Zayed University, and I will advise my friends and college mate to use it also. This website encourages the student to well done their assignment in professional and academic style. love this website a lot.

CONS

I find it defect to collect Data its need to well understand and it takes a lot of time for me to understand the process of collecting Data after the distribution of the survey. Also we send the survey to many people and for example we send it to time I don't find I way to delete the extra one, so it will be better if an option added which about if the survey sent out before to the same email it cant send again so we will not be chosen to send it by mistake twice to same people.

Jeremy

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2021

We love SoGoSurvey and use it almost exclusively now

We love SoGo so much we came back to it after about a year of limping along with Google Forms or Microsoft Forms. We are glad we're back as accountholders!

PROS

SoGoSurvey is feature-rich and has top-notch reporting tools. It's UI is very simple and modern, and it's actually enjoyable to build surveys and forms with their software.

CONS

The email templates are still limited, so if you use them instead of your native client, you may find them lacking. We don't use them most of the time.

Reason for choosing Sogolytics

Far more features and something that looks very professional and intentional, instead of an afterthought like a survey via Google Forms can appear to be sometimes.

Reasons for switching to Sogolytics

SoGo has FAR more features. Yes, there is a cost, but the cost makes for a more professional experience than Google or Microsoft Forms.

Valerie

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Easy for All to Use

They have great customer service, quick to respond with good information.

PROS

This survey platform is so easy for both the administrator as well as the survey respondents to use.

CONS

Nothing, it works great. I don’t have anything bad to say about it.

Reason for choosing Sogolytics

It is easy to set up and easy for my users to navigate.

Ease of use

We love hearing this, Valerie! Best of luck with your future research. :)

Replied January 2020

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2022

Collecting a mix of quantitative and qualitative feedback - 30 developing country health research

We did a review and synthesis of 200 tropical disease research projects across institutions in 30 developing countries. We wanted to collect a range of information, including: their experience with the program, suggestions for improvement; sharing of tools they developed and learning that have potential for transfer to benefit counterparts in other countries.

PROS

I am not well versed in using this kind of tool. I found SoGo Survey easy to figure out, set up and rollout. The SoGo support services are very professional and staff seem to be always available - both on the chat and for phone calls. The supporting videos are well done and enabled us to quickly learn how the tool works and configure it to our needs. Generally easy to figure out and use, especially for non-specialists like us. The data that was output in tabular form gave us a rich 'knowledge base' that was the basis of a credible final report.

CONS

We chose the premium package 'pay as you go', as we changed our minds as the project progressed, we kept the package for one year, which was more expensive than we planned. Next time we will opt for the yearly subscription, which is a more cost effective option.

Reason for choosing Sogolytics

I liked the way SoGo was presented on the website (a very friendly impression) and in the interaction with the staff as we investigated which survey tool to use.

Katie

Market Research, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2020

Free Trial Review

Very pleased with the product in a free trial. Many desirable features are in the various paid tiers.

PROS

Easy to add survey questions, rearrange, create pages. Was able to quickly export data. Clear on navigation within projects. I liked the test survey option.

CONS

I would have preferred more template demographic questions or fields. Navigating between projects was a little confusing. Not all changes after test survey made it to the visual report but was available in data export.

Reason for choosing Sogolytics

Review indicated that SoGoSurvey had most features in free option and SurveyMonkey didn't export data for a free version. Google Forms only exports to Google sheets. I needed quick export to csv. The student license was very desirable as my immediate use cases are for school projects.

Thank you, Katie. We hope to see you back when you are ready to conduct your your next market research project!

Replied January 2021

Jonathan

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed December 2020

SoGoSurvey - A great tool!

We have been very happy with the results of using SoGoSurvey to receive additional feedback to help us make decisions as we move forward. Particularly, as we are in this year of the pandemic and changing business times, it has been helpful to solicit information.

PROS

We have found SoGoSurvey to be extremely helpful to us. We entered a new world to do surveys to solicit feedback from our volunteer staff and our customers (campers) and this was the right tool for us. The ease of use for the user who designs the survey and the ease of access and use for the taker of the survey are both terrific. We like the options for the questions and the ability to format for layout that works well for different types of surveys.

CONS

Some of the formatting of fonts and background could be a little better and easier to manage. But for what we do, it is not critical (and may be possible that we just didn't learn!)

Reason for choosing Sogolytics

We chose SoGoSurvey for the cost and particularly their support of the not-for-profit industry with available discounts. This has been especially helpful due to loss of business this year!

We're so pleased to hear that SoGoSurvey has been helpful in an otherwise challenging year. We wish you all the best in 2021!

Replied January 2021

Inda

Market Research, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Sophisticated features for my surveys

I have been using the software for almost 1 year both for my PhD research and thesis. I think the software is useful not only for academics, but also for market research professionals, or public surveys.

PROS

interactive interface, routing (skip logic), sleek design

CONS

Some features are not free, for example skip logic which is very critical

Reasons for switching to Sogolytics

Other software builders I tried did not have features that I needed

Zuhairah

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2021

SoGoSurvey is good survey builder

PROS

I really like with SoGoSurvey's analytical report as they has many way to interpreted and presenting the data. I can view the data on charts, pie chart or any other data design that is easy to analyzed and view. The survey template also quite helpful especially when building a survey from the sketch.

CONS

It will be good if they can add more service and software that SoGoSurvey can integrated with. It will help me to managing all the software and service that i use on the one place, thus saving my time from have to accessing and login to each to all the software.

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2016

Your Academic Research Friend

I needed a tool to conduct an online survey for my Bachelor's thesis. Therefore, I was reading a lot reviews and tried to compare features among various online survey tools. SoGoSurvey sounded like a superior product at the price point where it is. Hence, I though I'll give it a try. So far I've had an excellent experience, simply because I was able to include everything I needed in my survey with ease. If I got stuck their customer service helped immediately. Overall I would recommend SoGoSurvey to my fellow students, particularly for the vast amount of features, great support, user friendliness, various data export options and beautiful designs.

PROS

Survey Questions Currently 16 different types of survey questions are available (e.g. matrix grid, Intellimatrix, demographic text boxes and even file attachments). Those can be easily modified in up to 20 different ways. User Friendliness It's incredibly easy to build your survey. From the question types menu on the left side you just drag one of them into your dashboard and that's it. Each question type also has a little preview, so you can already see what they look like before using them. There is also a question bank where you can choose predefined survey questions or save your own ones. You can also easily share one survey with other accounts. So it's easy to copy a survey or to work together on one. They also make it very easy for you to distribute your survey social media websites, regular websites, vial email and even via text messages. Language Support I think 37 languages are currently supported. So your survey can be displayed in many different languages. That was one of the main reasons why I chose this survey platform because I needed mine to be in Korean. 24/7 Customer Support Whenever you have a question, SoGoSurvey tries to answer within an hour. On average it took them only 15 minutes to offer help and answer my questions. Data Export and Reports Your survey can be exported in eight different file formats (Excel, CSV, HTML, Word, XML, SPSS, Access, Sogo1). Many other survey platforms offer far less than these.

CONS

Instructions Although, video tutorials are provided, I think some of the instructions could be a little bit more precise. For example, if you use a trial version, only 100 responses are allowed or in order to have an introductory text that only appears on the first page you have to insert a comment box. Mobile Phone Layout If you have a survey with a matrix grid (e.g. Likert scales) it is difficult to answer because the question uses a lot of size of your screen, whereas the space for the answer buttons are really tiny. Hence, you always have scroll a lot. Korean Language not available on the Main Language Page On my main language page I wanted to add a comment in Korean. However, the language is not supported so that only question marks appeared.

Milo

Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2020

University fundraiser and SoGoSurvey

We've been very happy with SoGo

PROS

Surveys are easy to create and launch with a very intuitive interface. Even those on our staff who don't have a lot of knowledge of survey techniques find it very simple to figure out the type of questions they want to ask and how to create them. There is also an incredible variety of questions types to choose from and ways to display your questions and answers. The ability to set up branching and logic conditions may sound confusing, but SoGo surveys make it pretty easy to understand – you'll be revealing or hiding questions based on previous answers with ease. I also appreciate the ability to add images and multimedia options in order to engage survey takers. SogoSurvey also makes it easy to brand your surveys as your own. Every one of our surveys has our logo embedded at the top. I can also customize colors and fonts to match our brand. I'm impressed by the variety of ways you are able to see your results when the survey is complete. Reports can be customized to see as much or as little of the detail as you desire.

CONS

Sogo has a great free version for nonprofits like our organization. But every year they lock us out without warning and you have to email to ask for a renewal. I wish they'd give you advanced notice that it is time to renew.

Thank you for the thorough review, Milo! We are glad to hear how you have taken advantage of your ability to customize all stakeholder communication to match your brand! I will pass along all of your feedback to the team.

Replied October 2020

Hanifa

Used free trial

Reviewed March 2017

SoGoSurvey for PostGraduate Supervision Reports

I am a Senior Lecturer at the University of South Africa (UNISA). As part of my academic citizenship, I am responsible for collating reports on students' postgraduate progress on a six-monthly basis. The primary objective is to increase the M & D throughput rate. To achieve this objective, the Higher Degrees (HD) committee has elected to eradicate the paper-based cumbersome system in favour of an online automated system that is simpler and less time consuming for both students, supervisors and the administrative staff of the HD committee. The student reports assist in ascertaining what problems students may be experiencing in terms of their research and with their supervisor/co-supervisor, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary and to serve as an impetus for students to progress with their studies. The supervisor reports assist in determining the lack of progress from students, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities etc, identifying remedial actions to address supervisor problems in terms of training opportunities, co-supervision, online mentoring etc, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary (e.g. problem students), and to prompt supervisors to improve their supervision skills. Various tools were investigated in terms of ease of use, cost, reporting features, etc. and the survey tool, SoGoSurvey was deemed suitable for the reporting system. 29 Questions for Students and 15 Questions for supervisors have been created. The reporting system was implemented in 2016 on the plus plan and was extremely successful. I created the survey which is actually a reporting system and found that students and supervisors found this system to be extremely efficient in contrast to the manual word documents we had. I could easily send reminders to students and supervisors regarding non-submissions and could also extract the unique survey URL's for students that did not receive the invitations. It was also possible to draw meaningful reports and statistics from the system. This greatly reduced administrative overhead and I received instantaneous support from the SoGoSurvey team. We will continue with the system this year although we would like to upgrade our package to take advantage of additional features.

Miguel

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2020

Best tool for gathering surveys and producing charts/graphs/reports

My experience was great. I did a lot of my data gathering through surveys conducted with SoGoSurvey and the software organized my data into great charts/graphs/reports that I could simply copy and paste or download into my dissertation. It made presenting my data and analyzing my data so much easier than if I had to do a lot of this with an additional program. The program also had the safeguards needed to prevent duplicate entries and other factors that would affect the reliability of the data collection process. Overall I was very satisfied with SoGoSurvey and would use them again in a heartbeat for any project that required surveys or data collection.

PROS

What I liked the most about this software was that it could actually do everything I needed it to do. I had to get a premium package but it was well worth the investment to have software that could accomplish everything I wanted for my Doctoral Dissertation. I evaluated several other software packages and this was the one that was easiest to use and did exactly what it said it did.

CONS

I didn't find missing features, what I did find is that as with any software there is a learning curve. You have to learn how to do what you want to do with the software. The great aspect of the premium package was that it came with tech support and when I got stuck I would send an email and get a response pretty quickly. The helpdesk was always able to direct me to the right menu or option to accomplish what I wanted to do. My advice is spend some time learning the software and playing with the options before you actually engage in your actual project. It will help you a lot in using the software.

Reason for choosing Sogolytics

Ease of use, ability to deliver what I needed for my project, cost and tech support.

Thank you so much for the thorough and kind review, Miguel! We are here for all your future survey needs. :)

Replied March 2020

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2020

Love the flexibility

The responsive support is the very best I've experienced. I'm continually amazed at how quickly they are able to address my questions. Plus, they seem to be really engaged employees. In my previous life, we sold employee and 360 surveys that required highly skilled survey people. I'm able to create professional survey reports for the nonprofit organizations and I'm not a trained survey professional.

PROS

The flexibility to design surveys to meet a variety of needs. I am a volunteer that helps to design surveys for several different nonprofit organizations. I have been able to meet every need with a combination of the Pro level and download features.

CONS

I needed to upgrade to the next level to be able to do true 360 feedback surveys. I could work around this with the download capabilities and using Excel to fill the missing features.

Reason for choosing Sogolytics

They seemed to have the best features for the cost at the time. I stay with them because of the outstanding customer support I've received.

Reasons for switching to Sogolytics

I had been using the free version of SurveyMonkey. When it was clear that I would need to pay to use any of the survey tools for my volunteer work, I did some research and analysis of the options available at that time.

Chris, thank you so much for the detailed and positive feedback! We don't just offer a customer experience product, we take pride in delivering a wonderful customer experience to all of our users. :)

Replied November 2020

Reviewed March 2023

Various tools and data sources

PROS

I found the interface of it user-friendly, and it provides a lot of different data resources and tools.

CONS

It may not be compatible with older data formats and systems, and it may be time-consuming to maintain and update the software and licenses.

Reviewed May 2018

Liked new spring release, always gets some new catching feature.

1: It helped me to understand and organize public events in offices... Their reviews and feedback forms. 2: Quick and affective invitation and various publishing method saved lot of my time. 3: now for quick small survey they got an app seems promising too.. 4: had difficulty making decisions solved by the ordinance.

PROS

1: various variety of reports and distribution method it has... 2: quick support and custom work on request, there has been many times when I got stuck or forgot few steps, support chat was quick with there response is what I liked. 3: newly designed survey creation seems great too. 4: they keep getting something exiting like with Omni reports they have under Enterprise+ package. 5: there account freezing feature.

CONS

1: Overall UI is bit rough as compared to what UI they have inside module. 2: Moving on few feature to Enterprise+, I get it, thats the way of working but get new more advanced feature instead of dragging Enterprise feature to new package. 3: ppt download under reports need a real change...some Images are bit blurry

Katherine