All Spark Hire Reviews

Spark Hire Improves Time to Fill

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2018

We love Spark Hire!

I am extremely happy with the Spark Hire product.

PROS

Working in HR for a large organization with multiple locations makes it difficult at times to coordinate the interview process. But instead of me providing my feedback, I'd like to share some of the comments I have received from various departments in our organization regarding the Spark Hire video interviewing platform. "I thought the process was pretty revealing actually. As the viewer it was interesting to see how they handled the format-their comfort level with answering the questions within the time limit, and if they looked in the camera (or not)." "I found that Spark Hire was very convenient to use and gave me a way to do an initial interview of a large number of candidates in an efficient manner. Since I tend to have large candidate pools, the videos were able to give me an initial assessment to determine who I wanted to do in person interviews with. Particularly effective when dealing with out of area applicants." "Excellent tool that allowed us to consider more candidates. Previously we had to select 7 or less and coordinate a group schedule to interview face to face. Spark hire allowed us to consider 28 candidates remotely and at each interview panel members pace." "I really liked using the Spark Hire Video system as it allowed me to review the candidates on my own schedule. I could also review the videos a second or third time while I was reviewing the resumes and applications. "

CONS

Again, I'd like to share feedback I have received from hiring managers. Keep in mind some of these may just be viewer/reviewer error. "A good candidate might get screened out if they are not as tech savvy as other candidates. That might be fine for a tech job but not a relevant for others." "What I didn’t like was the review options within Spark. It was essentially a STAR ranking system with comments. Once submitted, you cannot go back and make edits." "I wish the view of all the videos showed me some kind of summary of how I ranked each person (and even the comments I wrote)."

Scott

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Spark Hire has been an amazing addition to our hiring process to truly filter and find the motivated

What is great about using Spark Hire is that it is so seamless and easy to use. You can jump in and review 15 candidates in less than 30 minutes and get a feel for how these people communicate. One of the biggest things when hiring people is getting below the surface and understanding the 80% of who they are. Its called the iceberg affect. When you interview in person you are only usually getting the best version of that person, the 20% as you would say. Well, when you add Spark Hire to your hiring system it forces your candidates to be genuine and real because most people are uncomfortable on camera which in turn allows you to see the authenticity of that person to make sure that they would be a culture fit for your business and worth taking to the next step of your interviewing process. Additionally the software is so simple to use and to rate your candidates and leave notes so that you can have multiple people in the account and know what is going on with that candidate even if they were not involved in the interview process. Spark Hire has been a huge value add for our business and it is very affordable.

PROS

CONS

The one thing that I would say is to make it easier to Rate a candidate overall not just from video to video. I know this is an option but making it easier to find would be helpful.

Alexis Eva

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Disappointed by price

It was fine - but there were too many things that I didn't like for me to continue being a paid customer. I find another alternative

PROS

The video quality was very good, as is the candidate interface, and their customer service was attentive.

CONS

1) Trial period is too short and they charged me directly without asking me beforehand (I hate that!). I know I gave me C/C info but I feel that you should confirm the option with the client before charging. Even the customer service rep who was following up with me was surprised that I had been charged before we had even had our first call. 2) The candidate response time for the one-way interviewing was capped at 3 min. My questions require greater response time. 3) To increase the allotted time you have to upgrade to another pricepoint which was not what I wanted to do. 4) The number of ppl from my team who could access the interviews was limited.

Reason for choosing Spark Hire

I wanted to try something quickly and signed up

1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

Spark Hire Makes Hiring More Efficient

PROS

Spark Hire is the "new normal" for hiring, helping to make the hiring process more efficient while still maintaining a personal touch. It allows you to set up either one-way or two way interviews with potential candidates, allowing great screening prior to final in-person interviews. It is ideal for all sizes of companies and for most (if not all) positions. I like that the questions can be customized, you can create different custom question sets, create video intros and outros, and the entire service is branded for your company. There is the ability (with some accounts, depends on price) to have multiple jobs open and have multiple users (i.e. the entire hiring team) who review submissions. The program is incredibly user-friendly from both the company perspective as well as the candidate perspective. There is a great knowledge base as well as video tutorials, and for the company there is a terrific onboarding service. I like that there are a variety of pricing levels with various features to best fit a user's needs. For me, I appreciate that my clients who use Spark Hire can go month-to-month on use when they are not on a complete hiring rampage. We can essentially turn the program on and off on an as-needed basis which makes it incredibly cost effective for our needs. For power users there are annual payment plans to help drive costs lower.

CONS

Up to this point, I have not found any "cons" that would prevent me from using or recommending the product. I guess one "con" would be getting potential candidates to actually get over their reticence about doing a video interview, but honestly if they refuse then they are generally not the type of candidates that my clients would be looking for.

Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2021

Spark Hire Review

Overall very positive. Was very easy to use and having individual links for candidates video interviews was life changing.

PROS

Fantastic functions and ease of use. Able to set up video interviews for candidates with ease. Being able to generate individual links to provide to hiring managers was great.

CONS

If anything, potentially being able to have more active templates for more roles would have been great. Unsure if there were functionalities to include pre-recorded video interviews from hiring managers for candidates.

Hi Daniel, Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that our interview sharing features have been helpful in increasing collaboration in your hiring process and that you have found our platform easy to use! Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Replied February 2021

Oscar

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Spark Hire is Vital to Saving you time in the Hiring Process

This is a very well thought out and developed product. The management team does a great job of following up with you and making sure that you have all of the tools to make this tool a vital part of your hiring process. I highly recommend this software and guarantee that it will save your team time and money both going through the interview process as well as employee turnover.

PROS

-Very User-Friendly and clean interface -The video interview tool is very complete and easy to use for both user and admin -Takes time away from doing a complete phone screen -Very customizable to show off your brand -Has a built-in scheduling tool that helps with the candidate booking a time (if approved) to interview with you -Amazing Customer Service and support that walk you through the entire set up process -A dedicated Account Manager that follows up regularly -Built-in interview questions that allow for a thorough screening process

CONS

-There are occasional blips that cause the video interview not to save (very rare, but happens) -Getting the candidates used to this kind of "phone screen" /pre-interview process takes a bit, but Spark Hire provide pointers to help mitigate any confusion

Beth

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2017

Great value for video interviewing!

PROS

When we were reviewing video interview platforms, I was surprised by how much fluctuation in price there was. Some of the other vendors had a few more "bells & whistles", but they were, for the most part, unnecessary - and the price they were charging was significantly higher than Spark Hire. We've used Spark Hire for 2 years now, and they have certainly met our needs for a video interview platform, and at a great price! They also integrate with several ATS platforms, which is convenient. The support team is very responsive and helpful, and my account rep is fantastic.

CONS

The only thing I wish I could add is an option to save a filter, so I can always start on the page with just my interviews, or just active jobs/open interviews. Other than that, I can't think of any "cons".

Michelle

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Making my life easier!

My overall experience has been great. They've helped us be more efficient. I even asked them if they integrated with our ATS provider. They didn't at the time, but they made it happen for us. I can't say enough. Love, love, love the product!

PROS

I love Spark Hire! I can't say enough about it and recommend it to all my HR colleagues. It's so easy to use and it integrates directly into our ATS. Candidates automatically get the invite to take the interview and our hiring managers can set aside time in advance to review the interviews. It is a time saver! I've used HireVue in the past and Spark Hire works just as seamlessly and the pricing is much more digestable.

CONS

I wish it was even more integrated with our ATS than it is. It would be great if the videos actually sat within the person's application instead of having to leave the ATS to view them and then go back to change the candidate disposition.

Reviewed October 2018

User friendly and easy to use!

PROS

You can use spark hire for a video screening for canidates. I love the simplicity of spark hire. Screening candidates has never been this easy. You will be able to see the gesture of the candidates while they are answering as if it was a face to face interview. Good thing about it, is that you'll able to disguish those who are really interested and motivated.

CONS

Not that much negative to say! I think it will be best if they'll make it easy to access on mobile phones

10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2018

Spark Hire is the Ultimate Choice for Interviewing Candidates Virtually

PROS

I prefer to screen the applicants through video conference calls before having them meet me in person. I can do this in the comforts of my own office and be able to select who will be called for the next round of interviews. I found Spark Hire Talent to be very user-friendly and helpful while I navigated through their site. I had to interview applicants from other countries and it was very convenient for me to set-up the call. After the process is done, I can rate the candidates and include my feedback which is viewable by the managers who want to interview them. The whole process was smooth.

CONS

The quality of the sound can get choppy at times which can be irritating if you’re in a middle of obtaining an answer from the applicant and she needs to repeat herself. Not sure if the connection is from my end or the applicant’s.

Sherita

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2019

SparkHire Review

PROS

I like the ease of using the software from both the end user and the administrator side.

CONS

the limitations we have on job slots...not the software's issue but due to budget, we are limited on how many open spots and how we market them. For example, if we have a role that is not only in one location for the posting, we have to select a location.

Vicki

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2018

No More Scheduling Video Interviews

We have coached our candidates on the best practices to employ when utilizing SparkHire's self directed video application. This has saved us a huge amount of time, and our candidates love it because they can complete their interview on their own time.

PROS

In the past, when we wanted a video interview with a job candidate, we had to email back and forth to find a time that would work for both the interviewer and the interviewee. We are a recruiting firm and often schedule several interviews each week. Spark Hire is a self directed program that allows our job candidates to access the recording interview on their schedule and answer prewritten questions. We no longer have to worry about schedules.

CONS

Job candidates are a bit wary of the software, and not entirely sure how to use it. Without a "real person" on the other side of the camera, they can sometimes appear stiff or stilted, and they often have trouble allowing their personality to shine through.

Josh

Telecommunications

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2015

A major improvement to our hiring process!

PROS

First off, the concept of a video interview platform is absolutely brilliant. Everything is intuitive and the platform has several flexible options for holding the video interview. We prefer the one-way interview because it allows us to get a glimpse of many different candidates for a position. I love that that Spark Hire is very proactive with their customer interactions, and even bumped us up to an upgraded plan so we can try out other features.

CONS

There have been a couple bugs in the interface here and there, but it has never impacted the full functionality and Spark Hire appears to resolve them quickly. To me, small bugs like that are a sign of a smart company that is always developing on their software platform to make it more functional to their customers.

Curt

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Spark Hire Review

I would highly recommend Spark Hire to anyone trying to streamline your hiring and interview process, it's worth the investment.

PROS

The Spark Hire platform is very user friendly and creates a great share point with anyone involved in the hiring process along with the time savings recognized in the hiring process. It also allows you the ability to have several department applications available with different skill set questions for a particular role.

CONS

I do not have any negatives about the platform or software.

Reason for choosing Spark Hire

Based on my usage of Spark Hire for the last couple of years with another company for my team, it is a valuable tool and resource to help me in the hiring process.

Hi Curt, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear how user-friendly and time-saving our platform has been for you. Happy hiring!

Replied June 2021

JAMES

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2020

Good Website

Problems solved easily Just do what you have to do.

PROS

Searching capabilities authorization notices. Well designed for anyone to use in any steps. Easier too.

CONS

No cons Just straight forward follow Queues along the way you be at ease for the duration of your online activities.

Bailey

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed December 2018

Certainly Useful, but Not as Personal

PROS

Overall, this is a great and efficient app for HR to speed up the interview process. I can completely see why departments choose to use this system. The best part is simply the amount of applicants that can be reviewed in such a short amount of time. In the past, you were limited by time and resources, but this software gets rid of those issues. It is also helpful to be able to go back and review an interview again, which obviously isn't possible with an in person interview outside out notes.

CONS

The main negative I have with this is that it takes the personal interaction out of the initial interview process. Obviously, after initial screening, you would then move into phone or in person interviews, but you would just hate for someone to slip through the cracks because of an awkward video interview.

Marquis

Food Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2017

Spark Hire has great functionality and very responsible customer service

We were able to launch our new onboarding process and continues to be well received by the organization and our new hires.

PROS

I loved the fact that I could use Spark Hire for things beyond just video interviewing. Although is wasn't set up for the types of things I wanted to use it for, my customer success person Vince worked closely with me to help identify the best way for Spark Hire to meet the needs of my organization. The software is one of the reasons why our new onboarding process is seen as a success by our organization and new hires.

CONS

We had some difficulty early on conducting live video interviews through the software, but they fixed the issues. Also, they aren't quite set up to use the software the way we envisioned, outside of the interview process. However, in all fairness, it was just a creative idea we came up with and they supported us and continue to support us as we look to do new and different things.

Tara

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2017

Excellent - I was hired in part due to my sparkhire interview!

Included many more candidates in my search process than would have progressed simply through resume submission; I also used the software as a candidate on the other side as part of my own hiring process! I felt very personally engaged with my subsequent employer from the outset!

PROS

Provides an easy snapshot intro to candidates off the page, and very easily accessible from mobile as well as desktop.

CONS

It doesn't have resumes attached to profiles for direct download which can be annoying when this is the first point of contact with a candidate I would like to move onwards in our interview process - would be great if their resume were automatically attached to the profile for greater ease of use!

10,000+ employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and offered a nominal incent