• Pros

• "We use Sparkhire to interview EVERYONE of our employees. This is the first thing they have to do! It's incredibly easy to use and I love the format!"

• "This application is extremely easy to use and the navigation is almost self explanatory. No background knowledge in computers is required to use this app and is great for interviews."

• "It's very easy to use, share, and provide feedback. The mobile app works very well, too, and candidates love it. Customer service was excellent!"

• Cons

• "Not that much negative to say! I think it will be best if they'll make it easy to access on mobile phones"

• "Sometimes the sftware has bugs (if the candidate has some wrong version of PC or other computer issues), but ostly it's working great1"

• "There was only one hiccup with the software, but that was corrected with a few phone calls and collaboration between Spark Hire's Helpdesk and our IT department. "

Browse Spark Hire Reviews

Artem from Board of European Students of Technology

Manager, Inside Sales

We are trying to accomplish a few different things with Spark Hire. First and foremost, we want to widen our candidate pool. The positions where we use Spark Hire usually have 100+ applicants. Typically we would bring in only 5 of those candidates to interview in-person, but by using Spark Hire's one-way interview feature, we can widen our net and video interview up to 20 candidates. Many times we end up hiring someone who would not have gotten an in-person interview had we only selected the top 5 candidates.

Pros

Sparkhire is a good platform for video interviewing. Whether you're using it for one position or multiple positions, it can handle the job. It's user interfaces are intuitive and the functionality allows us to do many things. In fact we don't even take advantage of all the software is able to do. The one-way interview feature is by fare what we use the most often. It allows us to interview more people to begin with. The set up of the interviews is easy and the feature that lets you record video intros to any question you send is very nice as well.

Cons

The pricing for this software is different. You pay based on the number of jobs you want to use it for at the same time. Since our hiring goes in cycles, many times we only need it for one job, but sometimes we need it for up to 5 jobs. We end up paying for 5 jobs all throughout the year since that is the max number we might need, but we only use it for 1 job much of the year. There are some little features that could be improved, and we'd love for Spark Hire to tie into our current application system (it does some but not ours), but overall we like the product.

Brian from Charles County Public Schools

Not the traditional way to interview in public schools

There was a period of time when our clients were not receiving the interviews or notifications from the Spark Hire app. Our representative was very cooperative and his response times were always within a 24 hour period. He returned all of my calls and even talked to our IT people here to troubleshoot the problem. My overall experience with Spark Hire has been a wonderful experience from the beginning. We were put in a very difficult situation with the pandemic first emerged and they helped us address a huge need in our industry.

Pros

The most important part of the addition of Spark Hire to our organization is that it has given us the flexibility to offer applicants an opportunity to complete a quality interview experience during a very difficult period of time. We were able to provide our principals with an opportunity to review countless interviews in a very short period of time.

Reasons for Choosing Spark Hire

We chose Spark Hire because a current employee used it with his previous employer. He had nothing but good things to say about it. We needed something with a very quick turnaround time and Spark Hire did that for us.

Response from Spark Hire

Replied March 2021

Hi Brian, We appreciate your wonderful review about your experience using Spark Hire's video interviewing! We are happy to hear that our platform has been helpful in connecting you with candidates while in-person interviews haven't been an option. Happy hiring!

Alexis Eva from Career Rockstars

Disappointed by price

It was fine - but there were too many things that I didn't like for me to continue being a paid customer. I find another alternative

Pros

The video quality was very good, as is the candidate interface, and their customer service was attentive.

Cons

1) Trial period is too short and they charged me directly without asking me beforehand (I hate that!). I know I gave me C/C info but I feel that you should confirm the option with the client before charging. Even the customer service rep who was following up with me was surprised that I had been charged before we had even had our first call. 2) The candidate response time for the one-way interviewing was capped at 3 min. My questions require greater response time. 3) To increase the allotted time you have to upgrade to another pricepoint which was not what I wanted to do. 4) The number of ppl from my team who could access the interviews was limited.

Reasons for Choosing Spark Hire

I wanted to try something quickly and signed up

Daniel from AstraZeneca

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Spark Hire Review

Overall very positive. Was very easy to use and having individual links for candidates video interviews was life changing.

Pros

Fantastic functions and ease of use. Able to set up video interviews for candidates with ease. Being able to generate individual links to provide to hiring managers was great.

Cons

If anything, potentially being able to have more active templates for more roles would have been great. Unsure if there were functionalities to include pre-recorded video interviews from hiring managers for candidates.

Response from Spark Hire

Replied February 2021

Hi Daniel, Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that our interview sharing features have been helpful in increasing collaboration in your hiring process and that you have found our platform easy to use! Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Christopher from Cimarron Software Services, Inc.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

A Very Useful Product

A Flight Controller interview takes up the time of anywhere between 2-6 of NASA's mission-critical personnel. Before using this software we would schedule interviews based solely on resumes and pre-screens, which cannot give you enough information. While this does add a step, it helps immensely with our ability to submit qualified candidates.

Pros

It is amazing to be able to judge a person communication skills before taking up upper managements time in a lengthy interview. We mainly use this software for Flight Controllers at NASA's Mission Control Center. Interviewing with a camera, especially for the first time, can be stressful. This is something Flight Controllers must be able to handle and adapt to. While a person can have an amazing resume, it doesn't truly represent the candidate's communication skills.

Cons

The only issue I have is having to ask the candidate to upload their own resume. I would like to be able to add a resume to a video so management has easy access.

Jillian from Encore Fire Protection

Industry: Facilities Services

Spark Hire is the best thing we have done for our in-house recruiting efforts

We no longer waste time phone-screening candidates. Every resume we receive is acknowledged with a request to complete spark hire. The completion rate is around 23% but with the number of applicants we have, 23% is more than enough.

Pros

Spark Hire is seriously THE BEST thing we've done for our in house recruiting efforts. It has allowed us to dramatically increase the number of candidates we are able to thoroughly screen while simultaneously reducing the time and money associated with doing so. Since adding Spark Hire in December, we've increased our candidate review rate by +24%. Cost per applicant has been reduced 9% and cost per hire is down 13%. On top of that, their customer service is incredible.

Cons

Very few negatives. Occasionally we've had bugs - which are quickly corrected. And we've come up with a few ideas that could improve ease of use but nothing that has dramatically impacted our overall experience.

Lauren from Eyecare Partners

Spark Hire Improves Time to Fill

We are solving the time to fill numbers and also improving the interaction from recruiter to candidate.

Pros

This product has been easy to integrate within our Applicant Tracking System. It allows us to interview faster which is helping our time to fill numbers tremendously.

Cons

I would prefer to have more customization options for communicating with candidates within Spark Hire. We have several hubs to recruit for and I need to be able to personalize the message.

Ease of use, price

Response from Spark Hire

Replied March 2021

Hi Lauren, Thank you so much for sharing your experience using Spark Hire! We appreciate you sharing how time-saving our platform has been for you and how easily it has integrated with your ATS. Happy hiring!

Stacy from SRS Distribution Inc.

Industry: Wholesale

Great tool in this virtual recruiting environment

Pros

Easy to use as far as sending it out to candidates and able to filter to see accepted, completed, etc. I like that you can send the video to other interviewers. We have had positive feedback from candidates about the experience and ease of use.

Cons

I would like to be able to see when the invite was sent for the candidate to complete.

Response from Spark Hire

Replied March 2021

Hi Stacy, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are happy to hear how easy-to-use you and your candidates have found our platform. Happy hiring!

Sarah from Wake Forest University

Spark Hire Rocks

Overall, this platform is fantastic. It is part of our recruitment's team usage daily. We have had much success cutting down our interview time frame and getting quality talent in seats in a most efficient time frame.

Pros

The ease of use. You could literally not have a tutorial on how to use this product and still figure it out. It is very user friendly.

Cons

Nothing!! I am most happy with this product.

Response from Spark Hire

Replied April 2021

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear how easy to use and time-saving you have found our platform. We love having you as a customer!

JAMES from Transportation

Good Website

Problems solved easily Just do what you have to do.

Pros

Searching capabilities authorization notices. Well designed for anyone to use in any steps. Easier too.

Cons

No cons Just straight forward follow Queues along the way you be at ease for the duration of your online activities.

Scott from Vyral Marketing

Spark Hire has been an amazing addition to our hiring process to truly filter and find the motivated

What is great about using Spark Hire is that it is so seamless and easy to use. You can jump in and review 15 candidates in less than 30 minutes and get a feel for how these people communicate. One of the biggest things when hiring people is getting below the surface and understanding the 80% of who they are. Its called the iceberg affect. When you interview in person you are only usually getting the best version of that person, the 20% as you would say. Well, when you add Spark Hire to your hiring system it forces your candidates to be genuine and real because most people are uncomfortable on camera which in turn allows you to see the authenticity of that person to make sure that they would be a culture fit for your business and worth taking to the next step of your interviewing process. Additionally the software is so simple to use and to rate your candidates and leave notes so that you can have multiple people in the account and know what is going on with that candidate even if they were not involved in the interview process. Spark Hire has been a huge value add for our business and it is very affordable.

Pros

Cons

The one thing that I would say is to make it easier to Rate a candidate overall not just from video to video. I know this is an option but making it easier to find would be helpful.

We love Spark Hire!

I am extremely happy with the Spark Hire product.

Pros

Working in HR for a large organization with multiple locations makes it difficult at times to coordinate the interview process. But instead of me providing my feedback, I'd like to share some of the comments I have received from various departments in our organization regarding the Spark Hire video interviewing platform. "I thought the process was pretty revealing actually. As the viewer it was interesting to see how they handled the format-their comfort level with answering the questions within the time limit, and if they looked in the camera (or not)." "I found that Spark Hire was very convenient to use and gave me a way to do an initial interview of a large number of candidates in an efficient manner. Since I tend to have large candidate pools, the videos were able to give me an initial assessment to determine who I wanted to do in person interviews with. Particularly effective when dealing with out of area applicants." "Excellent tool that allowed us to consider more candidates. Previously we had to select 7 or less and coordinate a group schedule to interview face to face. Spark hire allowed us to consider 28 candidates remotely and at each interview panel members pace." "I really liked using the Spark Hire Video system as it allowed me to review the candidates on my own schedule. I could also review the videos a second or third time while I was reviewing the resumes and applications. "

Cons

Again, I'd like to share feedback I have received from hiring managers. Keep in mind some of these may just be viewer/reviewer error. "A good candidate might get screened out if they are not as tech savvy as other candidates. That might be fine for a tech job but not a relevant for others." "What I didn’t like was the review options within Spark. It was essentially a STAR ranking system with comments. Once submitted, you cannot go back and make edits." "I wish the view of all the videos showed me some kind of summary of how I ranked each person (and even the comments I wrote)."

Spark Hire Makes Hiring More Efficient

Pros

Spark Hire is the "new normal" for hiring, helping to make the hiring process more efficient while still maintaining a personal touch. It allows you to set up either one-way or two way interviews with potential candidates, allowing great screening prior to final in-person interviews. It is ideal for all sizes of companies and for most (if not all) positions. I like that the questions can be customized, you can create different custom question sets, create video intros and outros, and the entire service is branded for your company. There is the ability (with some accounts, depends on price) to have multiple jobs open and have multiple users (i.e. the entire hiring team) who review submissions. The program is incredibly user-friendly from both the company perspective as well as the candidate perspective. There is a great knowledge base as well as video tutorials, and for the company there is a terrific onboarding service. I like that there are a variety of pricing levels with various features to best fit a user's needs. For me, I appreciate that my clients who use Spark Hire can go month-to-month on use when they are not on a complete hiring rampage. We can essentially turn the program on and off on an as-needed basis which makes it incredibly cost effective for our needs. For power users there are annual payment plans to help drive costs lower.

Cons

Up to this point, I have not found any "cons" that would prevent me from using or recommending the product. I guess one "con" would be getting potential candidates to actually get over their reticence about doing a video interview, but honestly if they refuse then they are generally not the type of candidates that my clients would be looking for.

Oscar from Boomsourcing

Spark Hire is Vital to Saving you time in the Hiring Process

This is a very well thought out and developed product. The management team does a great job of following up with you and making sure that you have all of the tools to make this tool a vital part of your hiring process. I highly recommend this software and guarantee that it will save your team time and money both going through the interview process as well as employee turnover.

Pros

-Very User-Friendly and clean interface -The video interview tool is very complete and easy to use for both user and admin -Takes time away from doing a complete phone screen -Very customizable to show off your brand -Has a built-in scheduling tool that helps with the candidate booking a time (if approved) to interview with you -Amazing Customer Service and support that walk you through the entire set up process -A dedicated Account Manager that follows up regularly -Built-in interview questions that allow for a thorough screening process

Cons

-There are occasional blips that cause the video interview not to save (very rare, but happens) -Getting the candidates used to this kind of "phone screen" /pre-interview process takes a bit, but Spark Hire provide pointers to help mitigate any confusion

Beth from Daxko

Great value for video interviewing!

Pros

When we were reviewing video interview platforms, I was surprised by how much fluctuation in price there was. Some of the other vendors had a few more "bells & whistles", but they were, for the most part, unnecessary - and the price they were charging was significantly higher than Spark Hire. We've used Spark Hire for 2 years now, and they have certainly met our needs for a video interview platform, and at a great price! They also integrate with several ATS platforms, which is convenient. The support team is very responsive and helpful, and my account rep is fantastic.

Cons

The only thing I wish I could add is an option to save a filter, so I can always start on the page with just my interviews, or just active jobs/open interviews. Other than that, I can't think of any "cons".

Kim from ECCOSelect

Time Saving Tool

The results are usually good and usable, sometimes there is some compatibility issues but it is usually due to wifi issues.

Pros

We are able to do candidate evaluations at the beginning of the recruitment process to weed out unqualified candidates and identify highly regarded talent. This saves our client's time in the process by using the SparkHire videos as a first interview to view when they have time in their day.

Cons

I wish we could edit more to delete wifi glitches or shorten if needed.

Response from Spark Hire

Replied April 2021

Hi Kim, Thank you for sharing your experience using Spark Hire! We are so happy to hear that our candidate evaluations feature has been helpful in saving your clients' time! We appreciate hearing from you!

Michelle from Emerson Ecologics

Making my life easier!

My overall experience has been great. They've helped us be more efficient. I even asked them if they integrated with our ATS provider. They didn't at the time, but they made it happen for us. I can't say enough. Love, love, love the product!

Pros

I love Spark Hire! I can't say enough about it and recommend it to all my HR colleagues. It's so easy to use and it integrates directly into our ATS. Candidates automatically get the invite to take the interview and our hiring managers can set aside time in advance to review the interviews. It is a time saver! I've used HireVue in the past and Spark Hire works just as seamlessly and the pricing is much more digestable.

Cons

I wish it was even more integrated with our ATS than it is. It would be great if the videos actually sat within the person's application instead of having to leave the ATS to view them and then go back to change the candidate disposition.

Marikaye from Come Recommended, LLC

Significant time saved with improved candidate review process

Faster higher process. Saved time and resources. Better quality candidates moving forward through our hiring process. Able to collaborate more as a team to identify the best candidates.

Pros

As a virtual company, I love the ability to 'meet' the candidates and more strongly identify their cultural fit prior to a phone interview. Prior to using Spark Hire's one-way interviews, we spent significantly more time on phone interviews. With the one way interviews, we now can 'meet' the candidates, have questions that give us greater insight into a candidate from just their resume/cover letter, and allow the candidate to present their best self to us in a setting that's most comfortable and convenient for them. Too, we love that we can easily share the recordings with our team to have a more collaborative process.

Cons

For live interviews we involve our team, and being virtual we're not in the same location. With current system, can't currently have everyone on one live interview together.

Amy from All Web Leads

The best technical support and customer service!

Cuts initial interview time in half (or more), candidate can complete at their convenience, recruiter can review at their convenience, gives a good sense of how serious the candidate is without having to schedule a formal face to face meeting. When 2 people interview over 1000 people a year, this is HUGE!

Pros

Spark Hire took a 45 min phone interview to a 10 min video interview and a 10 min phone interview (only for the videos we approved)! Cut the time in half and have a better understanding of the client - win win!

Cons

Many times our candidates don't have the internet speed for a clear connection. Sound and video quality is shaky then.

Ryan W from Christian Care Ministry

Spark Hire Review

I have used Spark Hire for nearly 3 years. They have been outstanding in everyway!

Pros

Spark Hire allows me to quickly and confidently review candidates as well as share with hiring managers. We don't spend time in interviews without having confidence that we will get ROI on the time spent.

Cons

N/A. I researched all of Spark Hire's competitors and I made the decision to use Spark Hire.

Sherita from CCL

SparkHire Review

Pros

I like the ease of using the software from both the end user and the administrator side.

Cons

the limitations we have on job slots...not the software's issue but due to budget, we are limited on how many open spots and how we market them. For example, if we have a role that is not only in one location for the posting, we have to select a location.

User friendly and easy to use!

Pros

You can use spark hire for a video screening for canidates. I love the simplicity of spark hire. Screening candidates has never been this easy. You will be able to see the gesture of the candidates while they are answering as if it was a face to face interview. Good thing about it, is that you'll able to disguish those who are really interested and motivated.

Kelly from Apex Fun Run KC

Industry: Fund-Raising

Sparkhire - We don't hire anyone without it!

Our overall experience with Sparkhire has been awesome! We literally use this as our first line in our interview process. Some people won't even click on the link, or do but never complete it...it let's us know those are probably not individuals that would be a great fit for our company. Then those that do complete the Sparkhire, we're able to see them and evaluate from a high level if they'll be a good fit, prior to sitting down with them face to face! I wouldn't use anything else to do our hiring! It's been a huge life/time saver for us!

Pros

Cons

I wish it were user friendly from my phone. I find it difficult to use trying to flip from one question to the other on my phone.

Josh from FluentStream Technologies

February 2015

A major improvement to our hiring process!

Pros

First off, the concept of a video interview platform is absolutely brilliant. Everything is intuitive and the platform has several flexible options for holding the video interview. We prefer the one-way interview because it allows us to get a glimpse of many different candidates for a position. I love that that Spark Hire is very proactive with their customer interactions, and even bumped us up to an upgraded plan so we can try out other features.

Cons

There have been a couple bugs in the interface here and there, but it has never impacted the full functionality and Spark Hire appears to resolve them quickly. To me, small bugs like that are a sign of a smart company that is always developing on their software platform to make it more functional to their customers.

Vicki from ADK Executive Search and Consulting

No More Scheduling Video Interviews

We have coached our candidates on the best practices to employ when utilizing SparkHire's self directed video application. This has saved us a huge amount of time, and our candidates love it because they can complete their interview on their own time.

Pros

In the past, when we wanted a video interview with a job candidate, we had to email back and forth to find a time that would work for both the interviewer and the interviewee. We are a recruiting firm and often schedule several interviews each week. Spark Hire is a self directed program that allows our job candidates to access the recording interview on their schedule and answer prewritten questions. We no longer have to worry about schedules.

Cons

Job candidates are a bit wary of the software, and not entirely sure how to use it. Without a "real person" on the other side of the camera, they can sometimes appear stiff or stilted, and they often have trouble allowing their personality to shine through.

Kelley from Spotless. by J. Ferrari

Industry: Facilities Services

Game Changer

We are a commercial cleaning company and need to constantly hire - previously this was a huge headache and time waste each week and many of the candidates would not show up at all or would not be good candidates for the position when they did. With Spark Hire we get to screen the candidates before spending the time to go and meet someone - we can see the quality of the candidate and know what to expect before meeting them in person. Additionally, we have found the no-show rate has dropped almost 100% because we find that those who are willing to go through our other steps, culminating in taking the time to film a video interview are typically better candidates overall and more committed to getting a job.

Pros

We LOVE Spark Hire for the amount of time and headache it has saved us. Being able to review candidate interviews at our convenience as well as see the candidates before determining whether or not to meet them in person is huge.

Cons

There's really not anything I dislike about the software - it meets all of my needs at this time.

Randy from American International Schools

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Spark Hire is an effective, user-friendly and affordable option for acquiring video applications.

Through Spark Hire I am able to more efficiently and accurately screen applicants, which bolsters the conversion rates of my candidates for my clients. This, of course, makes me look good!

Pros

What I like most about Spark Hire is that it's so easy to use both for applicants and for recruiters or HR teams. Also, I can easily customize every aspect of the entire process down to the last detail.

Cons

If Spark Hire would "self-integrate" an Applicant Tracking System or at least the very basics functions of an ATS, it would be the perfect platform. One specific example is to view a video application and being able to immediately and seamlessly send a "customizable" email template to candidates. This is because specific thoughts/ideas/suggestions come to mind that are unique to each applicant and it would be extremely efficient and productive to be able to spontaneously write to/communicate with them.

Spark Hire is the Ultimate Choice for Interviewing Candidates Virtually

Pros

I prefer to screen the applicants through video conference calls before having them meet me in person. I can do this in the comforts of my own office and be able to select who will be called for the next round of interviews. I found Spark Hire Talent to be very user-friendly and helpful while I navigated through their site. I had to interview applicants from other countries and it was very convenient for me to set-up the call. After the process is done, I can rate the candidates and include my feedback which is viewable by the managers who want to interview them. The whole process was smooth.

Cons

The quality of the sound can get choppy at times which can be irritating if you’re in a middle of obtaining an answer from the applicant and she needs to repeat herself. Not sure if the connection is from my end or the applicant’s.

Jeff from OB-GYN Associates

Its a valuable that we have used to help us get to the best candidates quicker.

Pros

I love how it helps screen candidates and allows us to quickly get a read on the people applying. The support has been really good as well. Rep has been very helpful in getting us what we need and giving good advice.

Cons

We have had very little issues. - So not much to say here.

Bailey from Rose-Hulman

Certainly Useful, but Not as Personal

Pros

Overall, this is a great and efficient app for HR to speed up the interview process. I can completely see why departments choose to use this system. The best part is simply the amount of applicants that can be reviewed in such a short amount of time. In the past, you were limited by time and resources, but this software gets rid of those issues. It is also helpful to be able to go back and review an interview again, which obviously isn't possible with an in person interview outside out notes.

Cons

The main negative I have with this is that it takes the personal interaction out of the initial interview process. Obviously, after initial screening, you would then move into phone or in person interviews, but you would just hate for someone to slip through the cracks because of an awkward video interview.

Denise from Small World Recruiting

Spark Hire is fantastic

Video is the future and Spark Hire made it both easy and affordable for a small boutique recruitment firm to offer the tool to our candidates and clients.

Pros

Easy to use Customizable/Brandable Lots of training and available training info Super Quality Phone App for candidate use Affordable Great, great, great support People 18-50 were comfortable using the platform

Cons

We stopped using SparkHire because our clients did not find the value and weren't watching the candidate interviews. We found some candidates over 50 years old struggled with the technology and weren't comfortable taping themselves. It didn't help to "highlight" them as a candidate.

Andrew from Xerox Canada Ltd

so far, so good! It has been a much better experience, 100% better, than the last video provider.

Pros

I like that I can customize the experience for each candidate if needed. The flip side to that is I can slow standardized the experience for each candidate given the role I am using the service for.

Cons

The only can I have that is sometimes the candidate does not see the email as it will sometimes go to their junk mail file. now that is not the programs issue, but the candidate's email provider.

Marquis from King's Hawaiian

Industry: Food Production

Spark Hire has great functionality and very responsible customer service

We were able to launch our new onboarding process and continues to be well received by the organization and our new hires.

Pros

I loved the fact that I could use Spark Hire for things beyond just video interviewing. Although is wasn't set up for the types of things I wanted to use it for, my customer success person Vince worked closely with me to help identify the best way for Spark Hire to meet the needs of my organization. The software is one of the reasons why our new onboarding process is seen as a success by our organization and new hires.

Cons

We had some difficulty early on conducting live video interviews through the software, but they fixed the issues. Also, they aren't quite set up to use the software the way we envisioned, outside of the interview process. However, in all fairness, it was just a creative idea we came up with and they supported us and continue to support us as we look to do new and different things.

Julie from Joseph Ribkoff

Outstanding Customer Service

We are a global organization that is starting to establish new parameters and procedures to better align our recruiting efforts and this tool allowed us to increase our speed and efficiency!

Pros

It’s so convenient and believe it’s THE recruiting Tool of this generation! It’s also very practical for a global organization like us!

Cons

That’s their is only one language of utilisation

Tara from Altisource

Excellent - I was hired in part due to my sparkhire interview!

Included many more candidates in my search process than would have progressed simply through resume submission; I also used the software as a candidate on the other side as part of my own hiring process! I felt very personally engaged with my subsequent employer from the outset!

Pros

Provides an easy snapshot intro to candidates off the page, and very easily accessible from mobile as well as desktop.

Cons

It doesn't have resumes attached to profiles for direct download which can be annoying when this is the first point of contact with a candidate I would like to move onwards in our interview process - would be great if their resume were automatically attached to the profile for greater ease of use!

Julie from University of Pennsylvania

Spark Hire

Overall, my experience with Spark Hire has been extremely positive. I appreciate its user friendly nature, prompt customer service, customization features (e.g. one minute responses vs. three minute responses).

Pros

I appreciate the having the various interview options (e.g. open) - I specifically prefer the one-way interview option.

Cons

Not being able to update the candidate's information on the backend e.g. name is mispelled or email needs to change when you open a candidate's profile.

Taylor from ExecuSearch of Chicago

Excellent service!!!

Pros

Ease of use of the platform. Very easy to understand and for candidates to submit their video interviews. Love it!

Cons

Sometimes does't work with flash player, especially on Macs. At times it is hard for candidates to submit their videos due to this issue.

Bradford from ADCAP

February 2015

Easy to use and exceptional customer service

Pros

Their customer service. Most HR technologies require me to be a go-between and try to troubleshoot tickets. If one of my candidates is having problems, Spark Hire calls them directly (yes, calls them! not emails them... such a great service!).

Cons

There is no screen sharing option. But honestly I don't even need that for 99% of the candidates I'm interviewing.

Ideal Software for Your Video Conference Calls

Pros

Although this program was designed to interview applicants, I use it to interview my clients that can’t meet with me in person. I basically want to get a feel of their needs and preferences and I believe that body language is important. No need to worry about a complicated software. It’s quite straightforward and simple to use. The video and audio is clear and I can complete my video sessions in a timely manner. This software allows you to write notes about your clients so you can keep track about your conversations. I’m so glad I found this software online.

Cons

The price is quite steep and they charge by a number of people you talk to. I think they should just make a package for basic and unlimited calls so it won’t be too costly.

Maddison from POURED

Our experience with Spark Hire has been so positive! We use it everyday to screen talent!

It is a huge time saver! I love being able to view our candidates ahead of time before we move forward in our hiring process!

Pros

Spark Hire provides our company with an easy way to view and vet talent interested in joining our platform. It is fairly self-explanatory and takes a huge load off of our team (if it weren't for Sparkhire we would have to do all phone or skype interviews which is highly time consuming.

Cons

From a back-end view, it is not always easy to personalize the videos--if there was a way that we could adjust the questions to be more brand specific that would be very helpful.

Todd from Blueprint Summer Programs

Great recruitment tool

Ensures that our recruitment team is interviewing the right candidates.

Pros

Spark Hire really helps make our initial candidate screening uniform and cuts down on the hours recruiters need to spend interviewing candidates. Once the One-Way is viewed, it allows us to quickly know if we want to move onto a live interview.

Cons

No real cons. It does what I expect it to do.

Joe from Tahoe Forest Health System

SparkHire Rocks!

It has been great. I've used asynchronous interview software before and SparkHire is the top of the list.

Pros

We have saved a bundle in interview travel costs and reduced time to fill!

Cons

Hard to say.. Really no immediate drawbacks that I can see.

Cost

Response from Spark Hire

Replied April 2021

Hi Joe, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear how time and cost-saving Spark Hire has been for you! Happy hiring!

Tiffany from Havas Edge

Great interview tool

Pros

Cons

It's difficult to convince candidates how easy it is to use. The sort feature could be improved in terms of candidate name, job listing, etc.

Laura from Gulf Coast Accounting Services

Best utilized by companies with a younger and/or more tech savvy hiring pool

The burden of phone interviews was nearly eliminated.

Pros

Spark Hire eliminates the need for scheduled phone interviews, which is excellent when you have a large number of candidates to sort through and a small hiring team. The software also lets you tag and comment on potential candidates. This allowed me to add my comments and feedback on individual applicants before shooting them up to my boss for the final determination.

Cons

Though our team found it easy to use, many of our older applicants who are less familiar with technology struggled to make the videos, or even to make videos that could be seen/heard easily. This ultimately prevented us from keeping the program permanently.

Claudia from ACCES Employment

ACCES Employment Review

It's been a great experience. We are now looking at training so we can take advantage of all that the product offers.

Pros

The software is very easy to navigate, and we have not received any complaints from our clients

Cons

We don't have any complaints at this time, other that we wish it was a little less expensive since we are paying in Canadian dollars

Game Changer

I can't imagine doing my job without it. It is so affordable, the customer service reps are awesome, and I have yet to have a candidate complain about their experience.

Pros

The one-way interview option has significantly cut back on the amount of time I spend interviewing a candidate. I now utilize this as my knockout session and it has saved me and the candidate a lot of time.

Cons

For a while there were some issues with it's integration with Adobe Flash. They have since resolved this.

Great customer service and technical support.

Pros

The ease of being able to screen candidates in large amounts for cultural fits in the company.

Cons

The inability to brand different groups internally. We can only have one company brand, but internally many of our departments function with their own unique identity.

Brandon from Keyrenter Property Management Denver

Spark Hire has been an extremely valuable tool for our hiring process

We utilize the online interviews once we've done a brief look at a resume and determined there is an initial fit for our position. We then send a link for the interview, and ask 5-8 questions which allow a one minute response for each from the applicant. We then review these responses and determine which applicants we want to move forward in the hiring process.

Pros

It's a great tool for getting initial interviews done to get a sense of applicants outside of just their resume. It streamlines the process so we can narrow down our candidates more thoroughly before spending more time on in person interviews.

Cons

There are a few quirks in the navigation, but overall pretty easy to use.

Ariel from Geek Powered Studios

Great Addition to the Interviewing Process

Spark Hire has helped add an additional layer to our interview process to further vet candidates. I have enjoyed sharing the interview videos with hiring managers, it gives our team additional info and helps determine if they are a good fit prior to bringing them in for an interview.

Pros

Spark Hire allows our team to get a feel for the candidate prior to bringing them in for an interview and potentially saves a lot of time to vet a potential hire.

Cons

Set up is not super intuitive, it can be figured out but it was a little clunky at the beginning. Also, I would prefer if they shared set up instructions or best practices instead of having to watch videos on how to work with the software.

Burak from Trent University

Industry: Public Policy

A great time-saver (in the era of the pandemic)!

It helped me get more productive and efficient work-wise during the time of COVID-19.

Pros

I love that Spark Hire turns the hiring processes in the era of the pandemic into a convenient, more effective, and relatively more stress-free for everyone involved. It is a great tool for video interviewing--I highly recommend it!

Cons

I have yet to find any problems with this software. I am pretty happy with its features.