Square Payroll

Square Payroll Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Setting up took very little time and I love that I can integrate my worker's comp using AP Intego. Customer service has been great when I've needed help."
  • icon"Easy to use , great price ,awesome to have all information online."
  • icon"I can directly contact customer via the loyalty program and quickly gain some feedback for better improvement for the product and service."
  • icon"Users complained they didn't receive it, making an automatic process much more laborious."
  • icon"They lacked key functionality for a small business owner to pay himself and avoid fines and late fees on taxes. This is a product for use for retail store employees to clock in and clock out."
  • icon"On the timecards, I still have to calculate sick pay manually. I would like my employees to be able to sign in to sick time on their own."

Browse all Square Payroll Reviews

• Have you used Square Payroll and would like to share your experience with others?

Atama

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great for Growing Small Business to pay contractors nd employees

Ashley

Industry: Architecture & Planning

September 2022

Love the square payroll app it's a life saver.

Pros

I love that The square payroll app makes it easy and my life so much more simpler.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing that I do not like about the square payroll app.

Barbara

October 2022

Our 100% Go-To payroll software!

We have tried other payroll programs and always come back to Square!

Pros

So quick and easy to use. Set up is quick and easy! Reports are perfect! Payrolls are always timely and accurate. Agency reporting at state, local and federal level have always been accurate and timely

Cons

WE NEED AN ACCOUNTANT LOGIN FEATURE!!!!!!! Need a way to customize the weekly summary to load into the client bookkeeping! One sheet that explains the Federal and local withholdings for bookkeeping purposes. For example (a breakdown of EMPLOYER FICA and Employee Fica, Federal unemployment, State unemployment and state withholding need to be printed on the summary sheet)

Reasons for choosing Square Payroll

We came BACK to Square from other payroll processors!

Reasons for switching to Square Payroll

Square is so much quicker and easier to use.

Ervin

Square money

Pros

The software makes it simple to process payroll payments. The app is easy to connect to other bank accounts to deposit money into.

Cons

The software is outdated to all the new updated apps that have innovated with the new modern technology.

Troy

July 2022

Square Payroll makes Payroll easy

Pros

The Direct Deposit feature of Square Payroll makes paying employees a very streamlined and simple procedure. The W-2 Preparation features makes tax season a breeze. Sending employees W2s is all within the app. Vacation/Leave Tracking has truly increased the productivity of payroll and bookkeeping. This is the ultimate feature for this application.

Cons

I feel as though with time Square Payroll will rollout a more aesthetically pleasing interface but I do not find any cons.

Reasons for switching to Square Payroll

The ease of the Square POS system is excellent with its integration with many different applications and tools. Customer Relationship Management and Payroll have become a much easier and simpler job.

Mike

Hassle Free Payroll Solution

I'm a big fan of anything that saves me time and headaches, and there is NONE larger that sending out tax forms or other financial obligations. Controlling payroll from on easy to use hub is a great value, and it only costs a small monthly fee per contractor.

Pros

I am a sole proprietor/ LLC, with independent contractors as opposed to full/part time employees. I absolutely love that Square Payroll manages every facet of fund transfer including submitting tax form to my contractors, essentially taking care of my responsibilities as an employer.

Cons

The employer dashboard and features are pretty basic and may take some to get used to what functionality is available. The users, my hires, have not experienced any problems or difficulty, so that's the most important pat.

Reasons for choosing Square Payroll

I was already previously using SquareUp payment transactions so it made sense to keep everything on one platform

Kayla

July 2022

Saves my life

My business went from being such a hassle to making it enjoyable.

Pros

It makes my life and business functional.

Cons

Nothing i love this software and everything about it

Reasons for choosing Square Payroll

Its product overall quality is so much better

Alexandria

So easy to use

Square Payroll makes it so easy. I've heard so many horror stories about other payroll companies.

Pros

I love how easy it is to setup, add employees, and run payroll every week. I also love that they offer easy integrations with things like workers comp.

Cons

Honestly I haven't found anything I don't like about Square Payroll.

Reasons for choosing Square Payroll

Square files all the taxes for me so it's the best bang for the buck.

Darlene

Great way to get paid!

My overall experience has been very pleasant. I am able to view all of my paycheck history in one spot and it is digital. Much better than a paper check.

Pros

I have a second job tutoring. My boss uses Square to pay me. I love how I will get notifications when I get paid.

Cons

I think this software is great. There is nothing missing. I have no suggestions for improvements.

Jared

Decent Service

Pros

Square has become the industry standard for small business financial transactions and pairing square payroll within your small business feels correct despite any issues within the software.

Cons

Payroll can be difficult to set up/activate for a non tech savvy user.

September 2022

Works great as a easy to use payroll tracker.

Highly reliable and not confusing to use at all. Low cost as well which is a plus.

Pros

Easy to use, clean interface, and not confusing. You know it can be relied upon well.

Cons

There could be some more robust reporting functions, but I do like the straight forwardness it currently has.

Samantha

September 2022

great app that is easy to use for payments

Good experience with the app. A convenient way to track multiple areas and keep track of sick days, leave, pay, etc.

Pros

Nice to have access to payroll through an app on your phone. A good way to track multiple areas and keep track of sick days, leave, pay, etc.

Cons

Technology always has it's drawbacks and occasional glitches, but I feel that they have been limited with this app. It takes time to figure out where everything is at, but once you have that its very easy!